Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast Laurie Michael with us inspirational Artist, which means she receives the ideas for her artwork and writing in very powerful downloads are fully informed ideas that she sees in her mind. She believes these concepts are inspired from her higher self, universal consciousness, God, and her spirit team. Laurie began receiving communications from the other side back in twenty twelve when her soulmate Mark passed away. Will tell you about that story, confirming her belief that love never dies and in her book Signs surround you. She hopes to her story that you will understand her signs in a way that lets you recognize signs from your loved ones as well. Laurie believes in her life's purpose is to send positive energy to the world. Laurie, the world needs your energy. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Hi, George, thank you so much. Thanks for having me and I want to thank you for what you're doing to help raise a vibration of the collective conscious.
Speaker 2: It is my pleasure. Indeed, you have an incredible story with Mark Abrahamian, who was the lead guitarist for the what was the Jefferson Starship, but it was the Starship when he was doing it. He died of a heart attack at forty six, right after a concert in Nebraska. Tell me about this.
Speaker 3: So my meeting with Mark was really unusual because he was doing a concert with thirty eight Special and Starship on a weekend that I was actually supposed to be at a family readingion two states away, but because the song Miracles is my all time favorite song, I changed all of our plans. We had my daughter's birthday party and I found myself at a thirty eight Special concert and my son had just started playing guitar, he was about ten years old, and he pulled out a guitar pick and asked if we could find a guitarist to sign his guitar pick, and I wound up meeting a guy who was just giving someone a bathroom break at a T shirt stand, and he turned out to be the concert promoter, and because it was my daughter's birthday, he gave us backstage passes for that night for thirty eight Special, which also included backstage passes the next day for Starship and since I knew for sure we were going to meet the band. I looked up everybody bio and I discovered that Mark had been a guitar teacher, and I thought, well, this will be a great opportunity to ask him some questions for my brand new guitar playing son. And so that's exactly what happened. And when I connected with Mark, it was a magnetic connection immediately, and he told me that I could contact him and ask him anything and he would be happy to help us. And so I went home and announced to everybody that I'm good at building relationships and I'm going to start a relationship with him, a friendship, so that maybe year when he came back to town, my son could get a guitar lesson from a real, live rock star. And that began what was very innocent conversations between the two of us, but very quickly turned into something much deeper, where Mark turned out to be probably my greatest spiritual teacher, and we had this magnetic connection that was just ineffable. I feel like sometimes when you meet somebody, you feel like you've known them forever, and that's the kind of relationship we had. So we were on and off for a while, and then things just didn't work out for us to be together. At that time. He couldn't move to me, I couldn't move to him, and so we just ended things and I hadn't spoken to him for about three years.
Speaker 2: How did you find out? How did you hear that he had passed away? After that concert?
Speaker 3: So one day I was walking at my ponds and I had this spot that he died, and it seemed like a ridiculous spot because he was forty six and healthy as far as I knew. But when we ended things, I made a very concerted effort not to follow his whereabouts or I didn't want to know anything about what he was doing and where he was. So I hadn't kept back at him in any way, shape or form. And this is back in twenty twelve, so you know, I just was living my life. He had moved on. All I knew was that he was in a relationship and I had gotten back together with my husband. But this spot that I had just seemed ridiculous, so I pushed it away, And about an hour later, I was in the shower washing my hair, and I had a second thought that he had died in a plane crash and that his bandmates were going to call me now this spot, I didn't push away because I didn't think it was my thought. He was a cigarette smoker, so if I were going to imagine a death scene for him, it would have been from one cancer, not from flying, which I thought was pretty safe. And a couple of hours later, my dad had gone to work that morning and there was a CNN ticker on his computer that said that Mark had stepped off the stage after a concert in Norfolk, Nebraska and had a massive heart attack and died immediately. And my dad texted me, but I did not get the message. And my mom called me, and somehow it did not ring through on my bluetooth in my car, and she left me a message, And when I was waiting for a customer, I noticed this miscall and this message, and I got a really bad feeling that something had happened. But her message didn't make any sense. She was telling me that she was sorry and I should just go home and feel my feelings. And when I called her, she kind of reiterated this message and I was like, I don't know what you're talking about. And she was ultimately the one that delivered the message that he had died, But I feel like he was letting me know, even though we hadn't been connected for the last three years, that he was with me art and sold because we had that kind of a connection.
Speaker 2: Does he continue to stay in touch with you from the other side?
Speaker 3: Lord? Yes. So he died in twenty twelve, so it's been eleven years. I've received hundreds of signs from him, and the first sign that he sent me began about four days after he died.
Speaker 2: What kinds of signals does he send?
Speaker 3: Well? Because we were so connected in music while he was alive. He uses music a lot to communicate. So the first day, the first line I ever got from him, four days after he died, I got in the car. I turned the car on and the radio screen said Jefferson Starship with your love, but there was no music playing. The music volume was turned on, but nothing played, and I wanted to believe that it was a sign from him. I believed in these types of things. But remember we hadn't spoken for three years, so there was a part of me that was thinking, why would he still be connected with me? Even though I still had thought about him every day since I had met him, and I still cared about him, still loved him. I didn't know if he still would want to reach out to me, but I got brave and I started pushing buttons on my radio, and it didn't matter what I pushed amm SM Radio, whatever was playing on those stations would play, but the screen stayed frozen. And although I wanted to believe this, I also wanted to explore a rational explanation. So I called XM Radio and the guy explained to me that he had never heard of anything like this happening, and he offered to reset my radio, and part of me didn't want him to do that, but I really needed to know if this was real, and so I let him, and he said it would disappear in my radio, would be normal, but it didn't. It stayed stuck with them at Jefferson Starship with Your Love, even turning my car on and off to run two errands. And then when I got to my friend's house, and this was a friend who had attended every concert I'd ever watched Mark play in, he walked out, looked at the screen, waved at the radio, and said high Mark. And when I came out from my lunch, the radio was back to normal, and that was the first of the signs. And because it was so significant, you know, you think you're going to remember things forever. But I was also wanted to preserve it. And I wasn't a journaler, but I got a notebook and I wrote down the details of this sign, and then as I began to get more and more signs, I would immediately the same day I got them, write them down so that I could preserve them, so that I wouldn't falsely remember them later or forget them, you know, completely, because after you're inundated with lots and lots of signs, it's hard to keep them straight unless you've written them down.
Speaker 2: At this point, Lorie, almost twelve years later, what would you say is happening?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that when our loved ones die, they love us. They're absolutely connected to us. Any thought you've ever had, they can hear it, because they're in an energy form now and they do not have the limitations that we have here on earth, and so they can reach us through all kinds of different means, through electronics, through sending us a billboard or a license plate. Some people will find feathers or coins. Some people will here's something that just reminds them of their loved one. Some people see animals or birds or insects like butterflies and dragonflies, And I feel like the loved ones on the other side want to get our attention, and they pull out all the strings to do that, and all we have to do is the open and listen and watch, and that's when they'll send you messages that are irrefutable that it's actually them.
Speaker 2: As this episode with Mark changed your views about the other.
Speaker 3: Side, while I was already on a spiritual journey, I think what this did for me is it deepened the things that I already had. It's one thing to read about these things. You know, mediums will have books and they'll talk about this. People will, you know, write books, have stories you can read about in your death experiences where people have had these interactions with spirit guides and spirit teens and past away loved ones on the other side. But it's something completely different when it happens to you, and it happens in a way that maybe it's not just it's one thing, but it's two or three things at the same time, so that you can't just slough it off as coincidence, and so yes, I would say that this definitely changed me and sent me on a trajectory that really changed everything about the way my life is now compared to how it was before he died.
Speaker 2: Those who are skeptical about the story or about the other side in general, what would you say.
Speaker 3: To them, Well, I don't think it's for me to convince anybody about something. I think that for people that are skeptical, they have to look at what feels right for them, and maybe not look at it from a perspective of the mind, but maybe think into a heart space and see how their heart feels when things like this happen, and when they hear about things stories like this, experiences like this that they haven't had. And then if it doesn't feel right, push it away. Maybe you'll come back to it later, maybe you never will, but be open because there are so many things that happen, and the more open you become, the more you ask, the more that you'll start to see things around you that help you to decide whether something like this is real or not.
Speaker 2: Does he come to you in your dreams as well?
Speaker 3: So he has actually come to me only twice in the dreams and the first dream I had of him was so real that I can visibly see it in my mind now, even though it happened in twenty twelve, and it didn't feel like a dream. It felt like a visitation. And in that dream, I actually hugged him, and it didn't feel like a dream hug would feel. I think a lot of us can relate to what it feels like when you're in a dream. It actually felt like a physical hug. But probably the most significant dream I had wasn't one that he was in it. It was one where I was given information about him that I could not have possibly known that I was able to collaborate with his mom.
Speaker 2: Were there other signs, Glorie, that convinces you about what the other side is beyond Mark?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I've had fines from my passaway grandfather. I had a really cool thing that happened with him. He had given me one thing when he died. He left me this hope chest, and it was pretty beat up because it was built back in the early nineteen hundred.
Speaker 2: It was old.
Speaker 3: It was really old, one of the early nineteen hundreds. And one day I was baking cookies and I had a thought about it, and I had relegated it to my closet because it wasn't very attractive, it didn't really match. And I looked at it and I had this whole epiphany that I could probably refinish it, and so I decided I was going to refinish it, and I went back to baking the cookies, and all of a sudden, I realized that that date was his birthday. I had really never paid much attention to the date of his birth. We had really recognized more than date that he died. That was a lot more memorable for me, even the day he was born. So it was really really shocked that I had this thought, and I ultimately did refinish it in his honor, and I felt like he was encouraging me. And now it's proudly in a place where I get to see it every day. It's not in the closet anymore.
Speaker 2: Of all the signs that Mark has sent you, which is the one that really stands out, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Goodness, he has sent me so many, I think the one. There are a lot that have a lot of detail that take a long time to describe that I talk about in the book, But I'm going to share a series of three things that happened that were so interconnected that I cannot deny that it was him, so because Mark and I were connected through music. About two months after he died, I went to my first concert and as I was leaving the concert, we were driving home. I was with my husband. He was My husband was driving. That meant he was in control of where we were going and the radio, and all of a sudden, I was just talking to Mark in my head and asking him if he would have attended this concert with me. And we stopped behind the car in front of us, and the car license plate said soulmates, s ol mate. It was an Illinois plate, and I was shocked. I took a picture of it, and I began asking him is this you? Did you send this to me? And very quickly the car pulled away. Now, if I had been driving, I would have been tempted to stay behind that car for as long as I could, But I wasn't driving. Somebody else was, and the radio station was also under his control. And then and all of a sudden, as I'm talking to Mark in my head asking him with a few as it's you, I looked up and as the radio began playing Jefferson Starships with Your Love Again, which was also that fine he sent me on this fourth day after he died. I looked up and that license plate was in front of me again. And if that wasn't enough, fast forward to twenty nineteen, my sister was visiting, and even though my sister knows all my stories and had read my book, we were driving to a concert and I was reminiscing about that first time when I had gotten this license plate that said Soulmate, and I am not kidding. Less than one minute after I finished telling the story, I looked up in the car in front of me in Arizona had a license plate that said Soulmate, but it was felled differently. It was felled s oul m eight. I don't know who in the world gets the opportunity to be behind two cars in two different states, with two different descriptions of soulmates, and in the right timing to be able to see a license plate, and especially when I just had finished telling the story and I just asked Mark if he was with me in a starship song plate. So when those things happen and it's two or three different signs at the same time, I think it's impossible for me to just ignore it. It is definitely they're pulling out the stops to really get your attention and make sure that you know. It is absolutely them communicating with you, letting you know that they're there.
Speaker 2: Now. Were you're sharing some of these with your husband to be or your husband that you remarried?
Speaker 1: I as so well.
Speaker 3: So I was. I was. I had met Mark when I was married and we had decided to get a divorce after the whole situation had happened, and then we had gotten back together. So yeah, it was him. He knew about it. He knew about this. A lot of people in my life knew about the signs, and I found that as I would describe these signs and talk to more and more people about them, people would start calling me and telling me about signs that they were getting. And it's almost like my science would confirm their signs, and their signs would confirm my signs. And I feel like that's a really great way to support other people and to also make yours more real.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more