Speaker 1: They're very loud.
Speaker 2: That's loud enough.
Speaker 1: That is more than loud.
Speaker 2: I think we're recording.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: We are. Welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's another episode of your favorite podcast in the entire world.
Speaker 3: I know you guys who.
Speaker 1: Lied to eat Cereal makes them compleat so cereal make cares of Qualia?
Speaker 2: Are you talking to it?
Speaker 1: Retire?
Speaker 2: Put your phone down. I hate Andy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a meeting at twelve, so we got to speed this up.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, here we go. Wow, angry angry Andy.
Speaker 1: Today completely forgot that I had this.
Speaker 2: Cool let's bang it out. Then, Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode two and today is Monday, February seventh.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to February.
Speaker 1: We made it through februaryyy.
Speaker 2: No, we made it through January. We made it to February whatever. Yeah, so you want to just start eating because you're in a hurry.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we can chat for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything to chat about.
Speaker 1: You have nothing. That's ver bull chat. That's in case you didn't know, we do a sister podcast every Wednesday. You could listen.
Speaker 2: That's right, very successful, very successful. It might actually surpass Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we do get more views on that one. I don't know it listens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you please always listen to us though, even if you don't actually listen to it, just put it on in the background. You can mute it, but just just do it on the.
Speaker 1: Podcast thing, because we'd appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That's how we get credit for it. YouTube is fun to watch it all.
Speaker 1: You can eat a thousand subscribers to start getting paid. Yeah, so we're at four sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, Oh we can bank that up. Boost it up.
Speaker 1: If you are learning, go to YouTube, HM, type in serial killers podcasts. Because you type in serial killers, it's like something else that pops up. I don't know. But then yeah, just press the subscribe button.
Speaker 2: That's cereal with a C because we eat cereal. Yeah all right, should we start sure. I'm very excited that I finally found this cereal. Wow, it's brand new, great, hasn't been seen in a lot of stores yet. Love it. I was doing an instacart the other day amazing, and I had to add it into the order. I didn't like scam the person. I just I did it separate, but I added it in. Okay, Yeah, if you know how instacart works. You can't really like just buy other stuff. You have to do a separate thing. So so anyway, here it is Andrew. You ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, marshmallow cocoa pebbles.
Speaker 2: Yes, for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: That's so exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Scott for finding it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's this way, and let's give it up for Andy for not finding anything ever.
Speaker 1: See, you're having some fun with that. I need to smile.
Speaker 2: So it's in this funky purple box. There's Barney, there's Fred and I'm sure they're gonna be yeah, Abba daba delicious. Oh it's better than you said that, because I was about saying great, No, that is Kellogg's and that's frosted flakes. Andrew, please. But the guy that didn't even know that we did a cap'ain crunch, he made his mom buy once time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you make it seem like I made my mom go on like a voyage to go find this.
Speaker 2: These are good looking marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Those are some nice marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and look there's a chocolate mountain on the back. Is it a chocolate volcano? It is a volcano.
Speaker 1: I would have fun with that if I was a kid.
Speaker 2: What did one volcano say to the other away, I lava you? Really?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: I love you? Answers on the bottom flap, I lava you. That's from that song that really I like? That makes me cry. I love you. The guy with the ukulele, Yes, and he died.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one who sings somewhere over the rainbow.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, does this smell good? This smells so nice? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I just I'm getting text messages and you're listen.
Speaker 2: You're not as important.
Speaker 1: It comes from the person who sits there and I watch them for four hours every day. Nobody can do it.
Speaker 2: I do. I didn't say no one could do it.
Speaker 1: Eh, you make it seem that way.
Speaker 2: I just said, you'll see when I'm not here anymore.
Speaker 1: I can already tell that this is five balls worthy.
Speaker 2: Of course it is, because Coco Pebbles on its own is five balls. Add marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Hello, this is going to be a five bowler using a two.
Speaker 2: Two percent milk. Not a sponsor, but proudly displayed.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of these dates, we'll get a milk spots.
Speaker 2: It'll latch on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, latch I mean, we don't want our sponsors to latch on?
Speaker 2: Why not? Isn't that how you get milk?
Speaker 1: All right, that was a good one. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: What are you doing with your headphone?
Speaker 2: Let's just eat this. I'm very excited for it. Ready, one? Two, three?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I barely even taste of marshmallows. Yep, but this tastes more like the Hot Cocoa than any other of the Hot Coco cereals, and this one doesn't brand themselves as Hot Coco.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Fifty years of fun I'll say five bolls, yes, five yeah, legacy, right, Hall of fame. You should call a legacy.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did what episodes did I do that?
Speaker 2: This tastes like hot chocolate delicious?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's really really good.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Sweet and naturally and artificially chocolate flavored rice cereal with cocoa marshmallows. Good. That's really good. What are you doing? Is there a problem?
Speaker 1: I'm looking?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hm, so you can write things down?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. I have to remind you in your old age. What we do?
Speaker 2: Shut up, Andrew?
Speaker 1: Why are you using it upside down?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Connor does.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Anyway, go the milk hold on.
Speaker 1: The milk is gonna be delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you should get this as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: I feel like we look like actual YouTubers right now with this setup and this box here. This is delicious. It was very good. I approve.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you do so. A two milk it's one hundred percent real milk. And look at the two different cows on the back. Here's the A two difference. That's A two and that's ordinary. Look the ordinary cow looks really sad. The A two cows like, yeah right, just like that. Again, not sponsored, no, but they should be. Why why would a milk company want to come on the show. You're telling me we said, hey, go to the supermarket and check out a two milk. It's really delicious people, would you know?
Speaker 1: I think my favorite one is the really expensive one that lacktaid not lacktaid fair life.
Speaker 2: I reached out to them the other day and a couple of people had our back, but they never responded.
Speaker 1: Sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you hit the thing that I sent you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are they online?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But hit it anyway.
Speaker 1: Serial killers listener request.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute since we heard that jingle, right, and we have two of them today. What this listener? Matt in Pennsylvania. He's the guy that sent us that massive box, all.
Speaker 1: The one that you been like, I have nowhere to put this box.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this studio looks a little large, but it's not. It's taken up by all our crap, all our crap. So what no, what your stuff is? You had a lot of junk.
Speaker 1: Mine compared to yours, and I am if this were hoarders, they would talk to you before they talk to me.
Speaker 2: So Matthew's in Pennsylvania, and this particular brand comes from a chain of stores in Minnesota. It is made by super Value, he says, and found in various national, regional chains across the country.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the.
Speaker 2: Brand is essential every day. It's a store brand. You might see it in many different stores though, so it's not specifically to one particular supermarket, so it may be in like many various stores as like the generic store brand. I actually love the name instead of fruit Loops. It's fruity Hoops. It's fruity hoops. And so what am I gonna do from this massive box that Matt sent us. I'm just kind of gotta go in expiration date order. So this is the first one to expire. So we'll do this one first.
Speaker 1: Has it expired yet? It has?
Speaker 2: Oh? Great, but that's okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Fruity Hoops does not play with their amazing that and you show the look at that marshmallow cocoa pebbles versus marshmallow coca.
Speaker 2: Pebbles is like, yeah, you should run right up that hill this one.
Speaker 1: No, you can't even see the lines on YouTube, that's how crazy it is.
Speaker 2: That is a brain game if I've ever seen one. Yeah, it's probably really easy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love meanses like that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good because it gives kids something to do other than have their faces and their phone. Yeah, you can't do it once. Sure box smells dusty.
Speaker 1: I kind of wish that I got like a puzzle book that has mazes in them. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Smells like fruit loops.
Speaker 1: If you're a listener and you see one in a dollar store, like those Maze books. Just pick one up and send them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring you a mad Lips because I know how much you hate those.
Speaker 1: I hate them when you do them. Because I say one thing, You're like, no, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Do you remember yes or No? The books that came with that pen the invisible hand, and you would fill it in. No, come on, we took them on road trips. They used to have racks in the stationary store. It was called yes or No.
Speaker 1: I did not have that. Really, I know what you're talking about, but I didn't do that one. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Can you move this please?
Speaker 1: Sure? Thanks anything for you, my friend. I know I might drive you home today.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thank you Jesus see, I really need to get home.
Speaker 2: Depends on how mean you are for the rest of this episode.
Speaker 1: When am I the mean one?
Speaker 2: Let's go fruity Hoops essential every day and they have recipes too easy fruity ice cream. Oh that would be nice, thanks, fruit loops right.
Speaker 1: Almost? Yeah, a little dollar.
Speaker 2: I don't think that may just be because it's pasted its prime true expired a month ago, not even no January something four bowls. M dig up the past with this mind twisting maze. Hold on cholesterol.
Speaker 1: If you say the words cholesterol one more time, I'm gonna scream.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding because that listener actually DM and it's like there's only cholesterol and things that are derived from animals. Yeah, and I get it. So that's why the milk castle minute because it comes from an animal.
Speaker 1: Fruity hoops are not made from animals.
Speaker 2: Distributed by Super Value ink Eden Prairie, Minnesota, one quality guaranteed, like it or let us make it right.
Speaker 1: I wonder if bugs have cholesterol?
Speaker 2: Bugs? Yeah, well, I mean they're animals, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Oh? That says in him milk and it did? No, okay, good, No, no, No, that's our next cup. I wonder. I'm gonna look up if bugs have cholesterol?
Speaker 2: All right, while you're doing that, can you let our friend in.
Speaker 1: Sure hold on one second?
Speaker 2: Go over there? So I'm gonna play it here. I'm gonna play this again.
Speaker 1: Serial Killers listener request.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you. I'll tell you why, because this is the first in the series of having listeners come in and join us in the room. If it were here, go Andrew and his technology. Oh there comes Doug. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna work?
Speaker 2: So what we said is from now on, people will send us cereals. Doug, Doug, can we hear them? I have? I hear nothing, Andrew, can you give it a second? I hear nothing? Wait wait, yes, what's up Dawson.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you know it's the traditional on mute until you onmute yourself.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Welcome to Serial Killers. You're the first in a series of listeners that will send us cereal and we'll eat with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was kind of expecting like the fancy bowl with the with the spoon holder, and I see paper cups. It's kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we don't use balls. We just like to screw the environment and throw stuff out.
Speaker 1: The only problem would be if we had bulls that then we'd have to clean said balls, right, and nobody can clean that many bowls and exactly.
Speaker 2: So anyway, a little a little backstory on Doug. Doug and I are friends from you know, years back, and uh, all of a sudden he realized that we had this podcast, and so he started listening and now he's a huge fan. I think he likes Bold Chat more than Serial Killers. But that's okay, Well, you guys landed me.
Speaker 3: My first podcast I listened to is The Disgusting Dinner Party and not just that hucky right there. So I listened to episode thirty seven. I don't know if it would to work, but.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So Doug sent us a cereal. He's like, listen, I bought two of them and I'm gonna send you one. And I was like, oh my god, that's where the idea came from. I said, you know what, listeners should come on and try the cereals with us. So, while Doug thought that he was being incredibly innovative and like, you guys have never seen this cereal before, we in fact have a different version of it. But it's all right. So Doug sent us Bojacks, which is one of those sports themed cereals that that company, h what's it called PLB. They make them for all these different sports teams and it's usually a charity thing. So it's cool when you buy him because money goes to charity, and these different sports figures get a box of cereal for a little bit. Fine, So what store did you find this in?
Speaker 3: I found it a Mariano's, which is the only store that sells it, so you can either get it online ret Marianna's. But that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Eddie Jackson, I get what team is he on? I don't know anything about sports.
Speaker 3: Dog see I live here in Chicago. Okay, and so the Bears there you go, you know sports stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, the Super the Super Bowl is in a week or two or whatever it is, so it okay, no Bears. But we don't know who's in it as of this recording. Correct, No we do not. So just no Bears. We know that. So, oh, get to know Eddie Jackson. Oh, you gotta unscramble. I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: No, it's a lot of effort.
Speaker 2: So what they are basically is their their rip off cinnamon toast crunch. That's what they are. And in the same can you open that while I go back in front.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you're gonna let me open the box?
Speaker 2: No, actually, do ever open from the side. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Got it? Has he always been this curmudgeony? I just have a question.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes he has. But new Scott may be different than old Scott. I'm not I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 1: There is no such thing as a new Scott. Yeah, it's always Scott Scott. Oh, hey there, hello. This is nice a chance to do guests, and I'm always happy. I'm always up for guests. It's this one who's never up for guests.
Speaker 2: Now, Doug, if you checked this, Doug, if you check this out, this is a chub Crunch And this is if I had to say, we'll be exactly the same cereal, just a different sports team and a scarier picture. Nonetheless, he's from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I believe that makes sense.
Speaker 1: How are kids supposed to want to eat that?
Speaker 3: It looks like it's going to eat them.
Speaker 1: This is the Cleveland Browns whatever Atlantic.
Speaker 3: Cleveland Browns of Atlanta? Who cares about the Cleveland Browns?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Which, so you're pouring, Yeah, great.
Speaker 3: Milk?
Speaker 2: What kind of milk?
Speaker 3: I feel like you gave me this cup like a million years.
Speaker 2: I absolutely do. That is a promo cup.
Speaker 1: I remember that company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sent us a bunch of those cups and we just use them as disposable. But you kept yours. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Well you know you mean a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Boys, Thank you, nice to see you.
Speaker 1: Who's Mario?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Mario?
Speaker 3: That's his best friend. Who passed away. I did a lot of research for this episode, but that is his best friend, so he's in honoring him on the box.
Speaker 2: And that must And the charity for this particular one is the Remain to Reach Foundation, founded by Eddie Jackson of the Chicago Bears in twenty nineteen. The Remain to Reach Foundation aims to inspire and provide resources to at risk youth who have found themselves in trouble with the law at a young age. So buy this box and help kids. All Right, here we go, you're ready?
Speaker 1: In short, Doug, does it.
Speaker 3: Look like regular cinnamon crunch atle smaller maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And they're not really cinnamon sugar coated.
Speaker 3: No, and they lose their crunch pretty quickly. They do start off okay, but then they always did.
Speaker 1: You know it's it's present.
Speaker 3: Favor.
Speaker 2: Can you send me the chub Crunch over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it kind of feels.
Speaker 3: Like the let me let me check it out.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, let's try again. Yeah, I'm mount loving it.
Speaker 3: No. I was hoping for more out of the first cereal I sent in, but I don't know that I could. I'm not getting above.
Speaker 2: The chub Crunch has cinnamon sugar coated on it. This one really does not.
Speaker 3: And is that one expired or not? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's good till July.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, no, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna give it two bowls in a spoon as well. Doug.
Speaker 3: I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're more than welcome to come back with you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. I'll do better next time.
Speaker 1: This one, I just yeah, it doesn't have any flavor. But it went to a great cause. So you helped out of charity.
Speaker 3: That's that's really the most important thing. And and just before you guys kicked me off. The levels are off, I mean the levels they are.
Speaker 2: You're very loud. I was going off the.
Speaker 3: Levels are off. I would text you that the levels are off. But I just I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, you're very loud, like you're coming through very loud. So, oh, you could just move that. I'll have to correct something in post production. He won't, he won't.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no editing anymore.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: But what did you give it?
Speaker 1: I also, I think we're the same on across the board. This was just same readings the whole episode.
Speaker 2: Right, Very cool.
Speaker 1: Do you have any other fun little uh, Scott facts that you'd like to throw in because I'd love to hear one.
Speaker 2: Save it for bull chat.
Speaker 1: No, I'd like to hear one.
Speaker 3: No, No, this is look. If I had serial stories, I would share them. But Scotty's right, and I got I gotta save it for Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Doug.
Speaker 1: But he has always been this curmudgety correct.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm I'm a long sleeves and shorts guy, so we don't always see eye to eye on these things. But yes, no one knows on the radio. Once you get him off the radio, he is just the light of everyone's life.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what you're talking about because that's a bull chat conversation. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: And when you say light in people's lives, do you mean like how dark is the room? Are we talking like that? Like a lighter?
Speaker 3: You know you're not talking level anymore, Andrew. This is just he is just a happy person. He really really is. You just I don't know something happens when they're cereal.
Speaker 2: In front of Well thanks for joining us today, Doug. It's greatly appreciated. And if you want to send us cereal, go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com. You can check the little link that other Scott put on there and you can send us cereal. If we like it, we'll call you and you can be on with us too. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right. Cool sounds great. Follow us on all social platforms Serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: Doug, I can't wait to hear your podcast. I mean I heard it's very exciting.
Speaker 3: Uh, you can wait, you can wait. But if anyone has any you know, detailed M and A tax questions, you send him my way.
Speaker 1: Oh you do a tax podcast?
Speaker 2: I do, okay, But I don't think it's normal person tax. I think it's like some kind.
Speaker 3: Of no no, not accounting, no, no, not like how to fill out your tax return. This is like business ea corporate tax stuff. But I'm sure it comes up occasionally on a on a bull chat, So you just let me know.
Speaker 1: I love that he only has two listeners. No, he definitely has more, and it's all internal. Where can people find this podcast?
Speaker 2: I don't think they can.
Speaker 3: They can find it on the A on website.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that company, Yes, that that company that I work for.
Speaker 3: Got it, that's the one.
Speaker 2: Love that anyway, Doug, thank you so much for joining us today. Thank you all for listening to Serial Killers. We'll see you again on Wednesday with an all new Bowl Chat and next Monday with more brand new cereal. Until we see you then say crunch everybody, crunch. Wow, that's cool and it actually worked. See we'll see what do you mean? We'll see what we'll see when we play it back. But you, I can't, I can't see yuah Bye