Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, os, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothiell Casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See dknng dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Okay, ch is out, O Joe, new haircut football man is going viral?
Speaker 3: O Joe? What do you think about this one?
Speaker 1: Let me see?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: So some good clipper is right there. Oh I'm oh, that's dope. I like that with a little it almost looked like a shag. Like it's like a body with a shag at the back.
Speaker 2: Oh, he got a come bro, let that go. Now they got in faded, he got the faded shag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't like that? They'll now, I mean they do that on him? They do they do it in Dallas. Well he y'all, No, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Man. I had to look at that battle.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: If that man got to how you gonna have a faded shag?
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do I'm gonna do mine like that. Now, if I could get the beard, if I can get the beard effect like that, if I can get my beard to grow.
Speaker 3: In man, your beer gonna be splotchy as the West.
Speaker 5: That's the whole point. I will think about getting the lace front. You know they got the lace front beards. Yeah, yeah, I'll see that. Yeah, man, your beer gonna be looking like you got the main. No, not really, I mean I get a good one. Now, I give me a good lace front, cause you know, you know.
Speaker 3: I do here.
Speaker 2: Now that's all right, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what they do. The dog.
Speaker 2: They put burnt motorhol old dog, but they got the main. You go out there with a beer that she's gonna look splotchy as Hey.
Speaker 5: I'm telling I'm gonna be cleaning one one day when I come on the show and I have a a full set of hell with waves and a nice little part and a beard.
Speaker 1: Oh, you gonna get that. You're gonna get that, man unit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm get that, man unit. I'm telling you. Yeah, Hey, I'm telling you that's like when I'm when I when I want to reinvent myself, you know, and I just want to just look different.
Speaker 1: I'm coming no ball, waves.
Speaker 2: No where you can't tell real And then go to bed and then let rail rub your head.
Speaker 3: She rubbed.
Speaker 1: She gonna jump.
Speaker 5: Nah, no, no, no, you one thing about them. Have a more wave cap. I'm have a more wave cap. I'm have a more wave cap. I mean, think about that. If anybody in the chat, anybody in the chat, know where I can get a lace front beard that looks similar to the guy that we're just on that was just on here in that diagram, or just I just want my beard full, even if it's late front. I don't care where it looks like. I'm from Philly. Y'all know what I'm talking about. If you assisting me the information in the chat now, I would definitely get one.
Speaker 1: You laughing, I'm serious, I know you see that. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: That's the part that I'm laughing about. Go get Oh yeah, I already know. If you grow that thing, man, that thing's gonna be full right here, missing a couple of plugs right there right here, be full over there.
Speaker 5: That's that's the thing I don't like about my beard that don't grow in full. For it, I on my mom and my daddy. But I ain't really chripping because they gave me a lettericism.
Speaker 2: But it's just funny, you know, that's funny how like men can have a big old beer, big bushy beer. And the ball is like a cue ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up here, man, you don't want to pluck some of that and put it up here? Wait, you can do that.
Speaker 3: Nah. They normally take it. They normally take it from the back.
Speaker 2: But if you think about it, it looks different, especially on black men, if you when you get them things, because here is different, a different texture of here back here compared.
Speaker 3: To words up here.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but hey, I guess if you want some hair, what it.
Speaker 1: Is, I'm telling you, I'm I'm I'm ana look shot.
Speaker 2: I need to get you know what I want? I want them Paul Georgia. Man, you see Paul George. Paul George here, come all the way down here.
Speaker 1: He got he got a little forehead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, man, Paul George got a our cap. You remember that you used to put the cap on the car and the trucks they call him a cap. They had a little little stench and vibes over the top. Man, Paul George got the best line up ever.
Speaker 3: In the history.
Speaker 1: Nah, Jaylen Rose got the best lineup down.
Speaker 2: Many be saying, Jaylen, I don't know when I saw you. When I saw j row at. I saw him a DJ Callen's golf tournament. I look close. I think that's his real Here people talking about this man. He got a man you and they talking about I said, nah, I was looking.
Speaker 3: I was like, let me see now it's real.
Speaker 1: He's real.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hit him with that wave. Check real quick.
Speaker 2: Somebody bought a bought pizza bikes to a cookout. Look at this pig o yo.
Speaker 1: Hey, that ain't bad. Ain't nothing. Listen, pizza bikes. That could be new. It's like finger foods to a cookout. Yeah, finger foods.
Speaker 2: You know you put you put you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: This is a good thing because this is what you do that could be the appetizer until the food is ready. You put the pizza bikes on their first, put them on the platter, walk around with the pizza bytes, walk around, let people get some of the bikes, the whole of them, until the food is actually ready. That's a great idea. Whoever did that, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like finger foods, or when you go to a nice restaurant, or you go in the mall and they had the food on the stick and yeah, no.
Speaker 2: No, you eat the hold on you eat that that sample.
Speaker 1: You eat samples, you don't eat samples.
Speaker 5: Hell, wait a minute, let me let me tell you what ACTU do. When I was a little kid, I eat samples, go by one time and come by and look the opposite way so they don't look at my face. I don't want to make eye contact. You never want to make eye contact when you go back for a second sample. Yeah, I just looked to the left and reach out there and grab another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't ain't no shame of my game.
Speaker 2: Cause you know you go to go to Costco. You know Costco, they had their toy for them samples.
Speaker 1: M hmm, wait, don't you got to have a car for Costco?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to fill out all that god damn paperwork. I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 5: I just want to come to huh he fitted all you think I'm paying fitty dollars for a Costco card?
Speaker 2: Like, come on, be for real, man, you get bored. I mean, what all them kids you got? You need a twenty five twenty five gallon Mad Aids? But do you realize my kids are grown, right, except three of them they wasn't grown at the time. Well back then, I want to go onto Costco. Anybody in jelly honey bum.
Speaker 3: Big Listen, you remember the little minie, the little chips man.
Speaker 2: You get a couple of things because they come for the summer man, y'all not finna eat a bag that. You get a bad big bag of chip. They take a handfull out there and leave the bag over. Now, talk about dad and these chips stale? Yeah, because you left it open.
Speaker 5: So you talk about they got the big the big barrel you you twist the top off.
Speaker 3: No, no, the chips.
Speaker 2: No, I got a little fun size, the little little mini packs. So you get like Cheetos and you get like you get different types, but it's small. I'm talking you about a big bag. They stick their head. Everybody sticking their head, and it didn't have been out there playing. It ain't nobody washing their heads. I want them chips. And then they leave the bag open. They talk about the chip stale.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you're stuck about now. Okay, okay, matter of fact, I'm gonna make them do that. All my kids coming home from college. Everybody be home. What next week we got the next I'm gonna send the Costco get a Costco car. So I can, I can. I have a I'm gonna venture with them in Costco and do exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Go get special water for them. You gotta get them a little small water car. They get the big water they drink, sit it down, and now I got six bottles of water water.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody finished who water is this? I don't know.
Speaker 2: End of the dogs drinking it because don't nobody want it because they don't know who war it was? So you know now the drug the dog drinking water. I said, no, no, y'all not gonna come here and do this to me. Y'all finna get this water, y'all fin to get this water? Like seventy two of waters in a case.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna figure out. I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yo, Now is.
Speaker 2: Time for Spello Segel A former teammate edition.
Speaker 1: For a teammate.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, and the first name tonight John Kittner, John.
Speaker 5: Kittner Kittner, John Kittner, Jo winn k I t n A John Kidnap.
Speaker 3: That is correct. He was your first head coach. Dick lebo.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a good one, Dick Levo lebo I think I can't remember. I might I might get this wrong. L E l e b l e b e a U. I'm not sure if that's.
Speaker 3: Right though, I mean, what about the first name.
Speaker 1: I ain't finna spell that? Man, Oh, your your too big to be playing them games.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, man, listen, we all know how to spell it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: You don't get it. You'll spell you got to spell it. I did.
Speaker 2: I just gave you it right. The last name, no, you get I need the first name. The next one we're gonna get. You get an asterisk by that one.
Speaker 1: Not Ray moment. I'm two and old. Man, Stop cheering, man.
Speaker 3: Ray Malley Uga, Ray Malley.
Speaker 5: Uga, Ray Ray Okay, Ray war fifty eight. Mala Uga you mean my love Uga? I mean obviously Ray r a y Malauga.
Speaker 1: It may l it may l a U g a r e y not r a l Right.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, okay, okay, yeah, it's my race someone man, you know it's it's a.
Speaker 3: L U g A Ray Malley Uga.
Speaker 1: So I did spell the last name right?
Speaker 3: No, you spelled it wrong.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: This one you played with him?
Speaker 1: Also? Louvernious Coles Lavernius Coles Lavernius l e v e.
Speaker 5: E r n e o u s Coles c O c O l e s.
Speaker 1: And Lavernius l a v e r n a n u e s Lavernius.
Speaker 5: Well that ain't that ain't how you spelled Liburnius. That's how he spelled Abernius. But that's not the way I learned to spell it. I wonder where Lavernia is at. Man, that's my boy, man Covid, he's still he.
Speaker 3: Still in the bill, I think so. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Lavernie is you see this man? I let's your boy. Man. We got we got to catch up. Man, smoke a us smoking cigars something boy, last but not least, T J whoshmann.
Speaker 5: Zada T Yeah, yeah, T T. Who's Mazada? First name is really Tarage? T O U r A J Tarage? Who's Manzada?
Speaker 1: H o U h o U s h m A n d z A d e h.
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I know I am not getting whose name wrong? I ain't getting that wrong?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I know you you finny come up with questions about nineteen tweeties. That's how your sick. But dunk oh uh.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I still remember how to spell Whose name after all these years? Okay, here we go, Here we go, here we go. Here, We'll go dunc nunc chay ya all ready we got a good one. We got a good one. Oh, this is a good one right here? You ready ready, don't be cheating. What was a former name of the Denver Nuggets before they joined the NBA? What was the former name of the Denver Nuggets before joining the NBA?
Speaker 1: Chat, don't tweet, don't say anything. Chat but the Turkey Colonels? You being f really playing?
Speaker 3: I'm for real.
Speaker 5: The Kentucky Colonels. Yeah, you're trying to be funny. Man, you know that's not who it is.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all I got for you?
Speaker 1: You wrong?
Speaker 2: You O?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Chicken on the bone? Denver Rockets? No, hell, I would never got ye Denver Rockets. Man, I'm mad. I can't talk normally here. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was never got that. I'd have never got the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Question number two?
Speaker 5: At what age did bar Star, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers win their first Super Bowl? All of them won this first ball at the exact same age. What age was that?
Speaker 3: So Brett won in ninety six early, so ninety one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, mmmm, don't look at it, chat, don't cheat now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm thinking because I know I'm with it's one of these ages, and I'm just trying to figure out what year. Okay, four twenty eight.
Speaker 1: That answer is absolutely incorrect.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is twenty seven. Twenty seven is an answer you were looking for, mister sharp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do with twenty seven twenty. I was like, did they did what you call a red shirt? Did they come out early?
Speaker 1: You are now over too.
Speaker 3: I'm over too. I'm over to question number three.
Speaker 5: Marcus mariota first playoff TV past was to who.
Speaker 3: Himself?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you remember that. You remember that it bounced off somebody and went straight to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Blood and computing and for bonus points, it was against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's a bonus.
Speaker 3: I get two for that one.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, okay, question numb before us about time?
Speaker 1: I mean it was you was doing horrible.
Speaker 5: Hayden and Eli Manning have what same career statistic in the playoffs? Hayden and Eli Manning have what same career statistic? In the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Is Super Bowl wins and statistic?
Speaker 1: Is that your answer? You can't ask me anywhere. You have to ask me.
Speaker 3: Uh so elive he wud what he ain't?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 6: No man the same? M h the same? You say playoff stat yep?
Speaker 5: What a Mann and Eli Manning have? What same career statistic in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Do two superwol wins coup? Are you kind of that as a statistic? I mean that that would be a statistic.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way you're looking around.
Speaker 5: I am ts that is absolutely incorrect as well, mister Sharp. What the answer you were looking for was quarterback rating? Both of their quarterback ratings in the playoff was eighty seven point four. That was what you were looking for, mister Sharp. Last question for you? Are you ready, sir? I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I'm so mad.
Speaker 5: I can't scream and talk like I want to. I'm never doing this again in the hotel. I'm gonna get an Airbnb from now on. Question last question? Can you name the eleven quarterbacks that have thrown a TD pass to you? Can you name the eleven quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, really yes, sir, you should know this can you name the chat y'all can y'all can chime in as.
Speaker 3: Well, postseason and regular season?
Speaker 1: Name the eleven quarterbacks whole season, regular season, any season, off season, in season, duk season.
Speaker 3: Let me work backwards.
Speaker 1: Eleven quarterbacks that have thrown a TD pass to you.
Speaker 3: Elvis girl back, Ramdam Cunningham.
Speaker 1: That's two, Tony Banks, that's three.
Speaker 3: Tred Dilfer that's four.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, my goodness, you're leaving off the main one way.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's five. Oh my gosh. Now who I said? I call eleven touchdown passes? I mean from different quarterbacks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, eleven quarterbacks have thrown you a touchdown past ninety four?
Speaker 3: Who throw me a pass? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well you got you got to see six and.
Speaker 3: Now let's see in ninety four Hugh.
Speaker 5: Milling, Okay, that's six. Tommy Maddox Did you say Tommy Maddocks already?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know I could have sware you said Tommy Maddicks already, Sir, didn't? Berline okay, Brian Greasy, oh baby, go okay?
Speaker 1: How mean is that you were at.
Speaker 3: Nine eight nine?
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Ninety three way ninety four did I say, Bubby Brewster.
Speaker 5: Yep, you said Bubby already, Sir, you're at nine two more, Jake Plumber, Okay, there you go. We got one more, you get one more. I'm sure we should have some type of time limit.
Speaker 3: Babe, you gave it. Bro. You gave me eleven names over fourteen years. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean listen, you gave me TJ. Houschmansa and how to spell it. Nobody anybody spelled it except me and seconds. I know, I know all the quarterbacks that threw me a touchdown.
Speaker 1: M I'm trying to say, Okay, Broncos, Broncos.
Speaker 3: Only call Tony Banks, Trent Deal for Elvis skirt back, Randall Cunningham. That was the only four I didn't catch a touchdown in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Called. I called, Jake, called b Lane, I called.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't think Sean Moore threw me up a touchdown, but I'm gonna throw his.
Speaker 3: Ass in there. Who I named? But askedly I named them all?
Speaker 1: You said, you said Evers girl back.
Speaker 3: Yes, when I started with I started with the Ravens first.
Speaker 1: Oh you did get him all right?
Speaker 2: Man? You be cheating, man, won't you while you be cheating? I started with the Ravens first.
Speaker 1: I ain't here that good. I gotta clean my ears. Man, y'all see y'all see be trying to cheat me?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, o Joe, It's time for our last segment of the night.
Speaker 3: It is called Q at A.
Speaker 2: Hey said, Oh Cho looked, Oh Cho looked like the richest black dude in Mexico. You better that come back there with that He with that blended, that blended shag. I know, so I'm gonna get that thing forget that. Hey, he talk about matter of fact? Hey, can you ask the chat real quick before we start Q and A. Yeah, what you would ask them?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm wearing the same shirt that had on last night for the show last night, right, I just really had them.
Speaker 1: I still got the same outfit. I ain't really I ain't really took no shower yet, so I'm still she just got on yesterday's clothes and I went to back the wetherday right from Urban Outfit has got me a nice little shirt for twenty dollars. But they left the they left the button on them. Now you stole that. I don't, don't, man, I made them clothes so funky.
Speaker 3: You take them out. They standing up in the corn.
Speaker 1: Nah this brand new.
Speaker 3: I just bought it. No, I'm talking about them clothes you got on.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I got this on. I was trying to show the muscles smelling like get back.
Speaker 1: No, No, I ain't that man, because I ain't. I don't do nothing.
Speaker 3: You do something.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. But chat if anybody know how to get this off so I could put it on.
Speaker 2: Take it back to the store so they can put your ass in jail for stealing it.
Speaker 1: It was it was. It was twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, while you got to tagle them, but you got to take it off. They ain't nenn forget Nah I did. Look, I bought some shoes too. Look hold on, lit me tell you what you forgot. You forgot to pay for it. That's what you forgot.
Speaker 1: Nah, I bought me some ship.
Speaker 3: Man. You bought some purple l ass cortezes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like these they're purple, Barnie purple.
Speaker 3: That bt some white sombers.
Speaker 5: This man, listen, listen, you know, and and all I spent I spend one hundred and twenty dollars the day.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't pay for those short so when you go back for the short, you're gonna spend a twenty more.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you know listen when I when I shop, I bargain shop. So they was on sell, the Cortez and the somber was on sell and the shirt was twenty dollars. So I was trying, we're gonna wear it the day, but they left the tag on so.
Speaker 2: Upbrak King said, gentlemen, to have a successful career in pro sports, what do you need from your significant other? Bring Stephen at LA. Actually he's here in La. He is in the studio tomorrow. He's gonna be unbearable. I'll help you. I'll help cover the bet.
Speaker 3: Uh what do you need?
Speaker 1: One word?
Speaker 3: Understanding?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh understanding?
Speaker 3: Gotta have that, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the male, the male, or the female.
Speaker 3: The female.
Speaker 2: Gotta because the greater, the greater the ambition, the more understanding he or she must be. Right now, I can imagine Serena wanting to be the best. Serena ain't gonna have time to be calling you, blowing you up like that, broke. Think about Tom, Think about Peyton, how devoted they were to the sport of football.
Speaker 3: Study is film study is film study is film study.
Speaker 2: They're missing recitals, they're missing football games, they're missing wrestling matches, they're missing things, and she needs to be understanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Different, it's different, And.
Speaker 2: Everybody has to sacrifice because she gives up a part of herself also to help you some help.
Speaker 1: Dream achieve your dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and that that's that's that's that's unfortunate. But if you if you look at it, if you look at it from the perspective of understanding the long term goal and the long term, the long term achievement of the sacrifice and compromise that you put in as as a woman for for a gentleman that has purpose in a certain craft that he's doing, you understand no, long term, it's it's beneficial for all parties involved.
Speaker 1: If you get where I'm going with that, I'm I'm not gonna say it. You get the point.
Speaker 3: Uh Yeah, it's not easy.
Speaker 5: That's not that's not for everybody.
Speaker 1: No, that ain't everybody. Everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody wanted the lifestyle, they wanted the glitt they wanted the glamor, but they don't understand what it all comes with.
Speaker 1: Everybody ain't built for that.
Speaker 2: Because the great players rise the ebbs and blows of winning and losing, And the more you put in, the harder losing impacts you. Yeah, you and I talked about and I tell people this all the time. Winning never feels as good as losing hurts. You get to move You move on so easy from a win. But it's the losses. See, winning doesn't motivate you. It's the losses. Yeah, what motivated Jordan was getting past the bad boy pistols. It drove him. He obsessed over it, right, it drove him. He got cut from his high school basketball team.
Speaker 3: It drove it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Can't think Michael Jordan getting cut.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you're not big enough.
Speaker 2: You're not strong enough, you're not fast enough, you're not good enough, you're not smart enough.
Speaker 3: That's what's driving Lamar.
Speaker 2: Lamar wants to all y'all that said I should change position called a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Or running back.
Speaker 2: I'm a two time league MVP two and I was one vote from being a two time unanimous MVP. That's what's driving. Now He's gonna say, nah, bro, they didn't believe in you. They thought you should be a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: They wasn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to give you a chance to play quarterback? Will let me play quarterback? And if I feel at that position, I would gladly move Now, won't you go ahead and run some As a matter of fact, let me see how you run that speed out put put your eyside foot back on the right side and run that bang eight.
Speaker 3: Let me see what you come back look like. Marse. Hell, now.
Speaker 2: When you Tom Brady, what drove Tom? Being a sixth round draft pick? Tom can name every quarterback that got drafted in front of him, and he says, I'm gonna make every team that passed on me, I'm gonna make you pay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And he did just that. It's a good motivation. See, but everybody ain't built like that. Everybody ain't built like that. Some people some people fall real quick. Yeah, on in the sixth round, on in the seventh round. And I'm sure there are a lot of players that are upset based on where they got drafted as opposed to where they wanted to go. And I said all the time, it's not where you get drafted. It's it's not where you go. It's not where you get drafted, it's what you do once you get there.
Speaker 1: What you do.
Speaker 5: Once you get there, it don't matter if you if you really who you think you are. Once you get there, you hand your business. You're gonna get what you deserve. It's simple for sure. I think for me, oh your think about this.
Speaker 2: I got drafted to one of the three teams that had the h back position. There's only like twenty six teams. And back then the Broncos, the Chargers, and the Washington Football team. They weren't called the Washington Football team or the Commanders. Back then, we know what the name is.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I also went to a team and a coach.
Speaker 2: That was patient with me, and I think the thing was because normally a lot of times they don't show a whole lot of patients with a seventh round pick, because I was only supposed to be a campbody anyway, seventh round picks. You ain't drafted those seventh rounders for him to make the team. You say, had a nice body of a camp so forth, Its all. But John was the key because I remember, like the first day of training camp, like not the second to third day of training camp, we had a drill ojoe with a d where the DV was in front of us and John was throwing it and we're supposed to reach over the DB's head and catch the ball, so like you know, like a like a jump ball. And I remember Dennis Smith. Dennis Smith was six to four. He threw the ball and I basically had my knees on his shoulder pads.
Speaker 1: So they already knew what the time it was.
Speaker 2: So and he's like, you played back. He asked me, did I play basketball? I said yeah.
Speaker 3: He said I can tell.
Speaker 2: And every time I would do something, I would see him in cool Gary Kubiak was the backup quarterback over the talk to be over there talking. And so I remember, like a couple of days go by, I'm like third or fourteen, they called out the first team. H Sean, get in there. Oh Joe, I know that feeling. Oh Joe, I'll forget every plate. Oh Joe. If you don't believe, I'll tell you what. Ask anybody that was in that trade A get oh JOA. They put me in motion. I put me in motion. I stopped what I got again. I swear I put them on everything. I forgot, Ojoe.
Speaker 1: You're nervous, was.
Speaker 3: I because now John L We're gonna be throwing me the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was I was, I was going there with the quarterbacks that I knew it was gonna get cut. Now, John All, we're gonna be throwing me the ball, right, Man, I drew a blake.
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 3: I was like, Oh, I can get it, get this. Hey what I got again?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's funny.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that. I know that was a good feeling.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I know that was a good man.
Speaker 3: Uh And what do you call them?
Speaker 2: Like the second like my first day of practice, Jordan starters on Joe. You know, I the thin pads and I don't know what happened, but anyhow, somebody he hit my thigh pad, but it went through my thigh pad and its cleat in my quad, so it opened up a wound. So you know you're that muscle. That thing gonna tighten up. Man, Oh, Joe, I slept. I remember somebody said if you sleep, if you sleep with your knee being right in a hell? How I'm o how I slept the whole night with my knee, with my knee bell would have belt. Man.
Speaker 3: I couldn't walk the next morning.
Speaker 1: Man, o, Joe, I was hurt so bad it's stiffened up. Yes, yes, it's stiff. I hate that. Man. I went out there, Coach.
Speaker 3: I was like, coach, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just to remember that. What was that machine? It was a piece of metal and they used it to.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh bad?
Speaker 5: I was that hurts so bad, man, there was it's scraping. Oh, scraping, that's what us that a.
Speaker 2: Man, oh y'all was. I was crying because I'm trying to get him to relieve that pressure. Man. Man, I don't know who I heard say that to a man, if you sleep with your need, if you sleep with your knee being.
Speaker 3: So oh ya.
Speaker 2: I got a belt and with my knee bed the whole day I got.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I know the pain you talk about because I got caught a knee, a knee, a knee to the.
Speaker 1: Thigh, to the side of the thigh.
Speaker 5: That blood built up and was and they had to break that up with that what's that thing, the scraping thrape?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a scrape. I know, I know exactly what you talked about.
Speaker 1: I had to tie in my mouth behind the town crying is why. Oh.
Speaker 2: Colin Hutchinson said, as a former Ravens shelling, can you give me insight on Ozzy and DaCosta and how hands off as an owner like Steve Bshotty, can you benefit or hurt the franchise? He trusts Ozzie implicitly. He trust Dozzie implicitly. I mean Ozzy's very first draft, his very first draft as a general manager. He drafts Jonathan Ogden in the first round. He drafts Ray Lewis. The next year, he drafts Peter bowl Whear. In two thousand, he drafts Jamal Lewis in two thousand and three or two, he drafts Ed Reed. The year after, he drafts Suggs. His final draft, he drafts Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: Legends back to back legends.
Speaker 2: He drafted Marlon Humphrey, trusted and Isai's old school. Isaac's like, look all I need is for I'm a tape guy.
Speaker 3: Ozis says, I'm a tape guy. He says, the.
Speaker 2: Kunk combine is supposed to confirm what you saw on tape. If the guy looks fast, does he run fast? If the guy looks explosive, does he How does this vertical jump? How does this broad jump?
Speaker 3: Is he quick? How's a short shuttle? He said? The one that threw him off with Suggs.
Speaker 2: Suggs had twenty two sacks, but on the track with tracks fights, he ran four eight and he ran four nine right with the jockstrap and tracks fights, and.
Speaker 3: He said, you know what, somebody got those sacks.
Speaker 2: He took Suggs Defensive Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Peter Boulwear Defensive Rookie of the Year, Ray Lewis two time Defensive Player of the Year, Ed Reed Defensive Player of the Year, Lamar Jackson two time League MVP.
Speaker 3: Now you see why, uh uh uh.
Speaker 2: He's passed off a lot of the duties to the consta, but he still got a big offense over there. He's still got a big office over there. Hey, oh Joe, I'm sorry last one. When you wake up in the morning, your head comes through the dirt like americat.
Speaker 3: Man. He no, U. Do you know who Ace is?
Speaker 1: Ace?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I probably I know what they do. You know, I can't see nobody. I can't see no face.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 5: If I can't see no face, it's hard hard to put a name with the person.
Speaker 2: Laney Ray asked what non sports related skill would you be drafted in the first round for I'll start reciting song lyrics. Oh trivia, spell boy, you about to be one hundred after Free agent.
Speaker 3: Spelling.
Speaker 1: He's definitely spelling.
Speaker 2: Christopher Ready said, oh yo, I heard some smack from Demetrius Johnson and Adasnya on a podcast around you getting slept by Max Holloway under thirty seconds? What are your response? Mighty Mouse? He talked about Mighty Mouse. You know little Mighty Mouse. He used to be in the UFC. I don't think he's in the UFC anymore.
Speaker 1: And Israel is he is? He?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, who who's gonna sleep me? Who want to sleep me? Somebody wanted to Max all the ways?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would lose. He's a professional fighter.
Speaker 5: I'm still gonna get in there and go to That's the that's the difference in me and everybody else.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to try.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna know where you were going home?
Speaker 2: Nah, then I gotta I'm gonna have to find a new a new partner to do nightcap with.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm an I'm gonna do the night I'm gonna do a nightcap with a no black eye.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, y'all might be broke, busted up.
Speaker 3: You'll be here, Joe, who will look like you got the monks.
Speaker 5: That's fine, but you know they gonna say what that boy Chad, But that boy chat jumpy Chad jumped in there with Max Holloway and got and got the work. Yeah, I'm gonna get it in there, get the work. I ain't said I'm gonna win Jones lung.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. Them injuries, them injuries gonna heal.
Speaker 3: Though I can't take you take no air like that kill mar.
Speaker 1: I can't win them all.
Speaker 3: My thirties birthday and.
Speaker 2: Thursday May second, Uh, it'll be good start to my birthday week if I can get a shout out, bro, Happy thirty Bro, the Big three, oh no more in the twenties three zero congratulations, enjoy yourself and uh make.
Speaker 3: It a birthday week. Don't just have one.
Speaker 1: Day every birthday? By every birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh ya see that was quick work tonight. What's happened the heat.
Speaker 1: Wednesday? Damn?
Speaker 2: Bro, Brian, Bro, you you don't want me to get do you don't want me to get do you don't want me to add no light.
Speaker 1: Hug No, I'm just asking.
Speaker 2: I thought you want I thought you would have me to find somebody. How could I find somebody if I'm working five night, six nights.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't put that and gave you about ten people and you ain't. None of them work, but I can't get to them because you got me working.
Speaker 3: Like a heat.
Speaker 1: All right, Wednesday, all right, you tried to get me to I ain't trying to build a pierod bitch.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got you, I got you. I'm listen. I got you Wednesday. Wednesday, I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us. I know you enjoyed that. A very exciting game. Tonight, the Lakers lose, the Nuggets move on one O eight to one six, and yep, one O eight, one O six. Jamal Murray hits his second game winner in the series and the Nuggets are moving on a step closer to defending their title. Congratulations to the Nuggets. Lakers, do some soul searching. What do you need in order? Because Lebron ain't gonna play another five years? That ain't happening. You're probably gonna get two out of it two and so you better make sure you get it right. Trade everybody your pick, pick swop, get KD. The Celtics move a step closer after beating the heat. They're not up three to one, correct, Yeah, six ers one one o two to eighty eight. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Please please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and head on over to Apple Podcast and leave a comment. Guys, tonight at the last night for you to for you, for you to be able to vote for us for the Shorty Award. Nightcap is nominated for two Shorty Awards, Best Sports Podcast, Best Sports Vertical Club. Shaysh is nominated for three awards. YouTube Presence, TikTok Presence, YouTube, Please tonight is the last night and which you can vote. Thank you, We really really appreciate that because we won our Heart Award. We won a couple of webbies and so I want to thank you guys for doing that. And I can't wait for us to go to pick up these awards. O shoe you going? You're going with me to the award show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What you mean? Yeah, I gotta wear a tuxio right?
Speaker 3: Hell no, he was no tuxedo.
Speaker 1: Huh. So you said it's a war show.
Speaker 2: Huh hey oh Joe, tell her what you do, y'all. We were gonna try to we were gonna save this. But Oho is in town because we're doing our promo shoot for.
Speaker 1: The merch for club.
Speaker 2: Why you told them, because we want them to know that thing about the come out, that thing about to hit, that babe about to drop.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a question.
Speaker 5: Listen, everywhere I go, I'm only wearing my I'm only wearing my nightcap stuff. So the fact that we got merged, now it saves me on my wardrobe and having to go to H and M and Zarrow.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 3: Perfect, Oh yo, we only got Look, we're gonna grant it.
Speaker 2: Like all the sayings that we normally say eventually they're gonna end up on a T shirt. But we only got a few sayings. But we got the we got the Hoodies Okay t shirts, and then we got h and we got the half okay okay has and we got a few T shirts with our sayings on them. So that'll be out. That'll be out. Uh And what two weeks the beginning the beginning of June. When two weeks in a month. Yeah, at the beginning of at the beginning of June. So that's where we are. That's why I chose in Town. Uh So, guys again, tonight is the nast last Night. You can vote for the short Awards. Nightcap is not nominated for two awards, Best Sports Podcast, Best Vertical Video Club Sha She is nominated for three awards. YouTube Presence, TikTok Presence YouTube, Thank you, thank you, thank you again, thank you guys for selling out shave by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. I want to personally thank you for being patient, the the the we did not expect to do, the the inventory, the volume in which we've done, and so thank you guys. We're gonna clear out all the inventory, but thank you for your patience. It's greatly greatly appreciated. And that said for tonight, We'll be back on Wednesday night. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite, Uncle Shine and Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, rot Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Fame, honoree Pro Bowler, All Pro Liberty Cities Owned Chad o Cho, Senko Risotto, john Son, No, No, no, no, Reil Bye Rail.
Speaker 1: I'm just o Cho. Uh that is o Cho uh has he got the better have a rail? Oh okay, oh show see you.
Speaker 3: Where is it all right? M.