Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I'm so excited. Happy fourth of July week.
Speaker 1: It's your favorite holiday?
Speaker 2: It is one of fine. Used to be your favorite, used to be my favorite. Giving has always been.
Speaker 1: True, true, true, true, And then you're right, Yeah, you're right. I'm wrong, but stuff, Yes, I love it.
Speaker 2: Kat. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas?
Speaker 1: Christmas? I'm not a big Thanksgiving person.
Speaker 2: Is why is that again? I don't know. Is it the turkey thing? Is I kind of just eat?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Turkey thing? You just don't do anything for it stops for me. What's your favorite holiday? Easter?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I do love Easter. Easter ause you do the whole oh I love it thing. Yeah, well, guys, this is just going to be a really fun episode. I hope the fourth of July fun bonus episode that we're doing. And I thought it would be fun to do a little Q and A. I love it. I have sweaty hands. You have sweaty hands.
Speaker 1: We have fun questions or are they like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think you're a little bit of like both. So we put out a box on the wind down page. I know, Kat, you have some right, I have some fan Q and A questions, So these are just from fans and uh, you know, and any other questions that you guys are just dying to ask each other too. Let's get real juicy up.
Speaker 1: On stuff I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so, I don't think so. First and format, here we go. How long have you all been friends and how do you make sure to spend time outside of the podcast. That's a great question.
Speaker 3: We would like you to miss episode two episodes ago.
Speaker 2: We've been friends for Catherine, I have been friends since two thousand and eleven. Yeah, it's been thirteen years eleven. Yeah, about thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Well, I know it's thirteen years because it was literally when I was pregnant with Emmy, and she's thirteen.
Speaker 2: Seems longer than that.
Speaker 3: It would be fourteen before we calculate like math, but maybe not yet.
Speaker 1: Well because her birthday were friend of eleven. Yeah, so I'm closer to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Chris and I have been friends for since two thousand and fifteen. Fifteen, Yeah, ish, maybe was that one why you wanna was? I don't know what you want? I think that was around that time, but I think because it was right. It was only fifteen. It was fifteen because we had been yeah maybe like but like fourteen yeah, fourteen. Yeah. So Catherine was a big one tree hiller, and so she stalked me on the show and then we became best friends.
Speaker 1: I hated it was not for reality story.
Speaker 2: She doesn't like that version, hates it, I know. And then and then christ and I met on radio tour and listen. The sad thing is we don't spend as much time together outside of the podcast because just Christen's Catherine's like an uber driver to our older kids. That's the truth. Between sports and gymnastic and Christin and I have babies running around.
Speaker 3: Were we meant to hang out the other day. We've done a fairly good job recently.
Speaker 1: I'd say, no, we did that one week where we had no you should have plater.
Speaker 2: But in theory, it'd be nice if we could've hung out with our kids. I didn't hang out with her this season, in which is just a little bit more difficult. It is. Update on Cat's GLP one experience. You look amazing. Oh, thanks, how's it going.
Speaker 1: It's good. I didn't take one for almost two weeks. This past week because I have been super tired on it, and so like those first couple of days, I'm really tired, and so just with summer and stuff, I'm like, I don't really want to be tired today. So but I took another one last night. So I'm feeling a little tired today.
Speaker 3: But good.
Speaker 1: I've lost twenty pounds.
Speaker 2: Twenty pounds, yeah, that's all. That's the thing. I don't notice it though, but I can't tell you that is a bad way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can definitely tell in photos, which I haven't taken a lot of photos, but like I can tell in my face, weigh, the way clothes fit. Obviously, I'm basically back down to where I was at the wedding.
Speaker 2: So I'm really but I wouldn't think it's twenty. I never thought you had twenty five pounds, yeah, like my twenty because I don't look at you and think, right, well, no.
Speaker 1: It just means that when I gained it. No, no, no, no, no, it just to me, it just means, honestly, like when I gained it, like y'all didn't realize I gained because you're like, I don't realize you've getting I'm like, I have gained like a lot, you know, so anyway.
Speaker 2: But I feel great because we see you every week.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, so well, I mean generally, when I gain I'm pretty good at covering it up because it's a lot of belly and then it's face, and then I just don't take a ton of photos like I've you know, I'm pretty decent at figuring out how to do it, which is, you know, fine, it's all good. But I mean I feel good. I think I'm going to start taking it less often, like spacing it out, facing it out a little bit more because those first couple of days, like you really don't want to eat it all, and I I'm so tired, yeah, and you kind of have to force yourself. I don't love that part of it. I like food. I like to eat food, you know, like, so I enjoy kind of when it's tapering off a little bit, I still don't eat as much, but I get more like I actually like enjoy eating a little bit more. So That's where I've kind of found it's slowed down. But I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting piece because you're like, it's actually something that you enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm like, I don't think I could ever really give up wine though I don't drink wine as much, hardly at all, but I still enjoy it, Like I would love to go to NAPA because I enjoy the tasting wine and absolutely well.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, Like, there's certain foods I probably shouldn't eat that I love, and I don't eat them as even close to as I'm like, if I want a burger and fries, like I'll get it and then I'll eat a couple of fries and I'll you know, eat them, you know whatever. I just don't eat as much, but I still get to. But on shot day and a couple of days after that doesn't even sound good. Oh yeah, you know. So that's kind of a bummer. But again, all in all, very happy for the journey and glad that I'm doing it and continuing. Yeah, I meet him, I see him again next week and we'll probably do it again for another three months.
Speaker 2: Well, we support you, Thank you appreciate it. I'm gonna go with have y'all ever gotten in a fight? Oh?
Speaker 1: I knew this one was coming. Let's start with y'all have we I don't feel like y'all really fought.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, what.
Speaker 2: Did I do? I don't know. No, I don't know. If I have had this pin for three years.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it is amazing. I wonder if you were going to ask this one. It just feels not like a sink in my chair? What did I do three years ago? Where was I? Oh, I can tell you where. It wasn't good. I have a really bad memory. Oh look, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's what's so funny is when something sticks out in your memory so vividly. You know this.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't stick out her memory, which is also why it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Shit, all right, all right, go for it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I honestly was like, I should bring this up on wine Down someday because it could be funny. But then I was like, I don't know if it's funnier, but.
Speaker 2: It's still just hurt.
Speaker 1: If it's still just should we save this for like another episode with a.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I need to defend my client before I say this part of the.
Speaker 2: Story, because three years ago, it was three years ago.
Speaker 1: Jam, you can't defend anything that happened three years ago.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean, I mean you can, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well no, I mean just at a place in life where That's why I've never brought it up. But if there was ever to be a fight, could have been one and it wouldn't even be a fight. It would just be a big sharing of feelings.
Speaker 2: Go where it's dying. Because I hate disappointing people. Know this.
Speaker 3: I need you to fully hear me before I start, and it's a brief story, but I just need you to know that I knew and assessed the circumstances in which we were living under, and that's why it was not even worth saying. Because if something is worth saying to me, you know, I will say it to anybody, even my own mother.
Speaker 2: My fortieth birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh Cat, Cat, are you already there?
Speaker 2: The problem? She has no idea? And that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: We showed up.
Speaker 2: We were at a restaurant. No, no, no, one showed up. Everyone was sick. It was COVID. Everyone was sick. Everyone had COVID. It was COVID. And then I was supposed to keep the cake in the freezer. You kept the cake? What happened to the case.
Speaker 1: I love that this is it though, because it's really not.
Speaker 2: But it's all I am. I don't know anything. No, I'm not trying to have it.
Speaker 3: This is good and maybe we can go so long that you don't have to share.
Speaker 2: Isn't it really good? For Anyways? I had a fortieth birthday. Everyone got sick.
Speaker 3: Preston planned this elaborate piece together friends from all over somebody's people were flying in really sweet forty envelopes with a surprise in each envelope, from anything from my favorite favorite drinking Starbucks to a surprise guest that was doing everything. Okay, So he started it on New Year's Day, so there's some credibility that shout out to Kramer because she came over after New Year's Eve and you were drinking wine at the time, okay, and it was a New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: You had yourself one.
Speaker 3: So you came over the next day and it was great and ne did my makeup beautifully.
Speaker 2: I felt like a fox all day. Oh that's right, did your makeup? Yeah? I totally showed up.
Speaker 3: Point no, no, great friend, So I then I'm gonna okay. So it was fine, and it was and people had to cancel and I didn't care. It actually worked out awesome. I was just so grateful because I had no idea. So it was and nobody could do dinner COVID. I had a friend that couldn't come in she was sick. It's fine and it was an awesome fortieth birthday. Fast forward two Sarah Brice's birthday. Are you with us yet?
Speaker 2: No? Damn it, graam where you're not hoping? Oh, Sarah Brice.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go celebrate Sarah Brice's fortieth birthday or forty one or forty two.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know how old she is. She did, I remember this was.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be her fortieth.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we don't know what. We don't really know.
Speaker 3: And so we all do this skating thing for Sarah and uh skating. Oh okay, So.
Speaker 1: I have it.
Speaker 3: And so at the end of the night comes out this gorgeous cake like it is beautiful, stunning, and Janna's like, happy fortieth birthday, and I'm like, God, that is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I think it was her that said it. Is it true? I think?
Speaker 3: So Janna goes, oh it was yours, and I go, is my cake? And you go yeah. My friend Alexandra had worked out this beautiful cake to be made, and it meant a lot to her that it was coming. And she asked after She's like, do you ever get the cake? And I was like, I don't know where the cake ended? Like no big deal, you know, Like I just kept moving along because I didn't want her to be sad, but I can't lie and you.
Speaker 2: Go, yeah, it was yours.
Speaker 3: And Sarah and I have this moment where like Sarah's like, so, now I'm making a birthday wish on your.
Speaker 2: Birthday cake, Christian. Why would I do that? Well, That's what I'm saying. This isn't excusable. That doesn't I don't even remember that, Like, why would I keep? I thought the cake was like thrown out. No, I was like in a freezer and then defrosted. Why can you do that? It's so weird, But it was fine.
Speaker 3: It was It just was this moment where Sarah called me out and she's like, hey, I'm really sorry I accidentally stole your cake involuntary, and I was like, I'm not sad. She goes, no, I saw it come over your face because you had never seen your cake before, Like I never even saw a picture, and there it was for Sarah.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember that, and I don't even know why I would unfree, like that's so weird to well.
Speaker 3: I think we all probably at that point going what do we do to make it special? So it's Sarah's birthday.
Speaker 1: But I feel like and your disine, I remember this, but also it did not dawn on me in that moment, like I didn't realize her and Sarah had a moment. I didn't realize that her feelings were her. I didn't realize that, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I think I had to take up you know, I'm a sensitive creature. Well I am, yeah, but I was not. It wasn't even like it wasn't mad. I don't know if I was sad. I think I was just kind of like, well, that is awkward because it was almost like a gift that then was the but I didn't even get to I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Strange.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for strange time, but also to ever do that strange times in your life too, but like still like that's just so weird that I but yeah, that I would do, but it was funny to me, and I thought I don't know why I thought of this the other day. Oh, I was thinking about our fiftieth birthdays. I know, a little preemptively, but I was like, what will we do?
Speaker 2: Is this like Paris for all of us?
Speaker 3: Like we need to do it, you know, like I want it to be fun. And I was like, oh, the old fortieth birthday cake. It came back to me and I was like, I never told her about it. And I was like, is there a time where I even ever mentioned it? Because I don't even think it's worth mentioning now, but I do think it's hysterical, and now it's a joke with me and Sarah.
Speaker 2: I believe I would have taken it out. That's so strange. I thought I was just like thrown away. It's very interesting. I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: You probably didn't even realize it. You probably because I remember one of our birthday one of my birthday parties, I don't remember which one it was. Remember were making the brownies and they were like, oh God, what were they? They're like really healthy brownies. And you're like, oh, I didn't know my audience, yeah or whatever. It was like, it's totally My guess is because I'm like that too. You probably had it in your freezer and you're like, oh, I have a cake, and then when you did, it's like it was yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's I apologize. It's really fine.
Speaker 1: If that's the worst thing that's happened between you two, that's real. Really think it's meant.
Speaker 2: I know, the worst unless you have you want to. Yeah, I really love you.
Speaker 3: I think you and I are so similar that we would probably preemptively know if something was hurtful and probably squash it fast like you. You and I have had those conversations where I've said I know. We've had conversations mostly around marriages, where we've been like, hey, I might have said that, thinking yeah, yeah, hm, that's good, that's great.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I just think I actually bars Actually, Kristen, haven't we're good?
Speaker 2: No, we don't, right, Nope, okay, these questions. I feel sweaty. Nicest love you've ever met.
Speaker 1: Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say Adam Sandler mm hmm, and Matthew.
Speaker 1: He was so sweet, and then it really meet him, but I count it and I met him and zoom, he was so nice.
Speaker 2: He's nice. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they're all kind. I think pink.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. She introduced herself as Alicia. Oh that's the right one. I don't know. I don't I don't know. Actually I should know. I think that's her real name. Have the kids ever walked in on you? We know, and it happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. No, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It happened to produce their Hannah What do you.
Speaker 2: Miss about your life? Children?
Speaker 3: Friday double feature with Tai Food. Oh, that was my favorite, The Keutest Apartment Kids Anthropology.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I feel like all I really did was like work.
Speaker 2: I think I miss the trips, the girl trips.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I mean I had kids when we did.
Speaker 2: A lot of those. Yeah, and Jolie was little, because you was when I did.
Speaker 1: We haven't done one, but it's not pre but oh my gosh. I had a TikTok when I was diving last night that was like, we're only here for so long. Take the Girl's Trip. I'm meant to send it to y'all because I was like, man, we were so good at that when they were younger. Yeah, it's gotten harder as they're older. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you miss dating my husband too?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I missed the sexy like Meetchen wherever rights in La Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I think I miss the being able to just go wherever whenever and not have to be like, oh I can't, I gotta be back with this and schedule this, and the scheduling of things is just a little bit Yeah, the less worrying too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I got we go to Alaska. Not to change the subject. We go to Alaska in like two weeks or whatever. And I don't know me, I have never been anxious to leave the kids. I am so anxious.
Speaker 2: About leaving and the world's not helping you.
Speaker 1: Well, no it's not. And we have to go into Canada, and I just don't want to get stuck. But also it's not even that though. It's just there's so much like it's just easier for me to be here, I know, than to have other people deal with it.
Speaker 2: But has anyone ever gone to jail and for what No, I have never had I ever, that's always my I didn't do it. I had been in the back of a cop car. Same, I've never gone to jail. I read in the back of the cop car.
Speaker 3: I was with some dudes that I think it was these are sketchy days. I remember that I had plethor pants on, and so I went into the bucket plastic cop car seat. I kind of like squeegeed my way like it made a sweeking sounded. I think they had maybe they weren't good dudes or something. I mean, they were like fine people, but maybe I don't say drugs, but like, I don't know. I don't really remember. I was super young, and I remember being terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't drive in the state of Georgia. So if I did, then I'm Mike. I would go to jail.
Speaker 2: Any questions you girls want to ask.
Speaker 1: At tickets and I paid it ticket No, I got one that was was like way over. I was in college. I paid it, but I didn't go to court. But I was told just pay it email the judge. I did all of that, but then they sent me a thing taking my license away. I was like, I can't send you my license. I have to drive. So anyway, I have a question answer, what age do you think you will let your daughters date?
Speaker 2: Date? Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh? Or like have boyfriends or like, because y'all y'all, I.
Speaker 2: Like, y'all are fifteen when I had my No, I was sixteen when I had my first boyfriend. Your first friend? Oh wow? Was that the rule you had to be able to drive? No? I just I just was a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't have a lot of boy friends in high school, but like I did have like an eighth grade boy eighth ninth grade boyfriend.
Speaker 2: No I was, I was high school. I mean I I would prefer, you know, fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think fifteen. I mean, sixteen is obviously the preference. Obviously twenty is the preference.
Speaker 1: Oh and that's like dating dating too. I mean it is very kind of different when they're like in middle school and it's like I have a boyfriend or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I know some people are like in fourth grade, they're like, this is my boy. I'm like, we're not. We're not doing We're not doing that, right, We're not doing labels. You've been a life for nine years, ten years, We're not We're not doing that. Yeah, like he's your friend. That's just what I'm going to say personally. I don't know if that's the wrong advice or.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Why is somebody dating?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, Emmy's had plenty of boyfriends but.
Speaker 2: Not out on dates. Are they going on on?
Speaker 1: Well, she's likes this boy who lives literally an hour away.
Speaker 2: No, uh huh does she even know this boy that lives an.
Speaker 1: Hour She met him at her and her friends went to like a water park and they met there and cute. I know, I met him and his mom and she went and had dinner with the family. But I'm like, whatever, for however old you let your kids date. But I'm like, I am driving this kid an hour away at this age.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, But that.
Speaker 3: Love is so incredibly I just had my twin kid in a high school reunion and I was kind of hoping to see a familiar face in there, just because I want to see what he's up to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my eighth grade boyfriend, Like, I mean, he rests in peace, he is no longer alive, however, like I adored him for the rest of my life. There's something about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, I have one question you met at me about the birthcake story. No, I just feel I just I almost feel like it. I didn't I didn't know that it like, what that's the work because I'm like, I can't imagine doing it. Well, this was that's what I'm playing time. But I apologize if I did. I don't think this you would have ever we were in a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a babysitter at the house that we can talk about off air.
Speaker 2: Oh I know who, I remember what happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and like that's why I know we were not in our right Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, I just want to make sure.
Speaker 2: I just don't really it should have gone with it got more that we'll keep well, we'll uh old ours and I just hope everyone has the best Fourth of July ever. We should do a little another Q and A. There's some other juicy ones on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some good.
Speaker 2: Last minute once any last minute once. All right, good chat next week. Bye. Yeah