Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is mick shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys as now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Well one out of three eight bad? I thought the song went two out of three bad. Okay, Mickey Spagnola's here Nate Newton coming out of the bullpen once again to join mickshots here on Dallascowboys dot Com this Friday with the as Bill would say, football players on the football field right now, the Cowboys going through what they call is their mock game, So it's basically it's a walk through practice, although they do have helmets on and jerseys and they just basically review who's on what team and especially for special teams, who's on on the field. So we have tours going through Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: Yes we do.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh, you know too bad? They I think they can hear.
Speaker 3: Us, Can y'all hear us out there? I don't y'all can hear?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right, that's.
Speaker 3: Too to be picking up pick that girl up for your mom, But don't yeah, get that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good. It's been a good Friday, great Friday. The rain finally stopped.
Speaker 3: I don't care like we like the mail man. We're gonna keep coming.
Speaker 2: And that's what mix shots does, right, it doesn't matter. There's a holiday, right. I think there's maybe two people upstairs working as good besides myself and me and Nate, and we appreciate him.
Speaker 3: We got Chris on it. We got Chris on the wheels. Is steal back there spending?
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah, no, you know the holidays over, yes, it is right. Christmas.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a Christmas man, and I pray every Christmas. I thank the Lord I save you. But I promise you this right here, my friend, I've worked since nineteen eighty six every Christmas, somehow, somehow, some way, indirectly or directly. Man, I love it. I love it. Being a cowboy is a unique and special thing, whether it's a direct cowboy being on that field or indirectly working with you and the other guys and all the guys that I worked with, and Chris in the back and Jazz and Jesse and all those guys. I get excited, man.
Speaker 2: So if I remember correctly you at least played once or twice on Christmas. I think once, yes, the ninety five season, right, yes.
Speaker 3: I think. Yeah, I didn't even know that. I did not even know.
Speaker 2: That at Phoenix, right, yes, went out there and it was hot. That was the game you had to win to clinch the number one seed. Remember on the on the rate on the way out San Francisco got beat.
Speaker 3: Oh I remember that? Can I tell the story I had? We were on the plane going there, and somehow this is when you start can being able to watch games on the on the plane on the plane, and it didn't always happen, no way, but you can start watching games. Were watching this game, and then I'm telling you every player's mind, I thought it was only in my mind. I'm like, man, we don't want to we need home field advantage. We we we we don't, you know, we don't want to have to face forty nine ers, you know what I'm saying. At and boy with Green Bay did that right there. I had never seen Mike Iver run so fast in his life. He ran up for down the house. Yeah again, And I thought I was a little thinking that way, bro. Yeah, And so that was a good thing because even though you don't fear team. Matchups are everything, man, especially when you have two high caliber teams. Matchups are everything, Yes, sir, And.
Speaker 2: Then you missed the Christmas Day game they played Tennessee to end the season in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went gone, gone, right, Yeah, I was out of the league.
Speaker 2: I remember that game because he told me no more. Troy was injured.
Speaker 3: He was out.
Speaker 2: Yes, the backup quarterback, Randall Cunningham, yes, suddenly had a hamstring pull. He was out, and right the third quarterback had to start the game. Oh it was cold, Yes, it was miserable. They got shut out. I believe no one wanted to play that game, right, well, in Nashville, and that was another Christmas Day game I remember covering. So yeah, at least we were home for Christmas. Let's put it that way. Because some teams had to play. I think two teams last night had to play. Yes, I don't know how well they played. Six to three. Wow, I think I said. I was watching and I said, god, I can't believe this game was six to three. My wife goes what sport and it was football. We do have what I thought we were going to see is during Siriani's press conference after their practice on Friday, said that Jalen Hurts was still in concussion protocol. So you're thinking, if it's Friday and he's still in concussion protocol and hasn't practiced all week, it's probably Kenny Pickett starting the game Sunday for Philadelphia. The game starts at noon Central, so that evens things up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Both backup quarterbacks having to start the game.
Speaker 3: Yes, And thanks Chris mean for breaking that on me. I saw it on the phone and I shipped there over there to mix. It's just it's just making even more intriguing because Philadelphia needs these wins. Yeah, they need these wins to stay safely in the slot that they're in and every game because now we have a great chance of competing heavily against him this we have a great chance. We've been playing on fumes all year. They you know, with your quarterback out, we mayn make some some crossroads, in roads whatever you want to call it on this pickey kid. We should be able to get some pressure on them, man, because unless unless, unless they want to give it to one guy forty five times.
Speaker 2: And don't be surprised if they do. So what Nate is saying that they can just ride Saquon, Yes, sir who, by the way, and that's another storyline. We'll do that storyline first before we get to the quarterback situation. Saquon Barkley needs to needs two hundred and sixty eight yards in these next two games. He's got one thousand, eight hundred and thirty eight yards right now, and he's trying to break Eric Dickerson single season rushing record, which is two thousand, one hundred and five yards. So the last thing you want to happen is he gains the necessary two hundred and sixty eight yards against you to be able to break the record. I saw a story Dickerson's not all about having his record, Bro, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I was to you on our flagship station. How you got on Dickinson because he didn't break it in enough time? Yeah, for the last guy, but I just don't want it to be against us. Yeah, and missus Dickinson. I watched you break the record. I'm happy for you, but I'm just hoping. I don't even want to rush for one hundred yards. I just don't I've never wanted for the Dallas Cowboys to be to help anybody do anything that's against us, right, yeah, So I hope we keep him around ninety yards. I hope he get out of the game healthy and safe, no touchdowns and around ninety yards rushing. And you got to go do it against your old team. I think it is in New York next week, the Giants. Yeah, go do it against your old well that would yeah, right, yeah, make sure yeah, yeah, So don't do it against us. I'm hoping we hold him down. I'm really hoping we hold him down. I hope we you know.
Speaker 2: So Dickerson when he was asked about his single season record potentially being broken, if he was for it, and he said absolutely not. I don't pull any punches on that. So if you held the record, you know, Everson, when Trayvon Diggs was looking like he could break his, uh, well, it was a Cowboys record, but it was the most interceptions in a single season by a player, the eleven since nineteen eighty one, he was all for of the record being broken. Right, if you held a record, do you want it broken?
Speaker 3: It just depends on what that record is, Okay, it depends on what that, Because some records are sacred, man, some records will be talked about forever, right, and if you get if you can hold a record like for thirty forty years, now, that's.
Speaker 2: Something offensive linemen usually don't.
Speaker 3: We don't have records. We always a part of people records, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And if it wasn't for you, these guys are offensive linemen. These guys aren't breaking Russil records.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I've never held the record of that magnitude, so I don't know. You know, you have to be in them shoes. I don't wouldn't I want in them shoes. Now. I wasn't even a part of Emmetts when he broke the record.
Speaker 2: Over, but you were part of the yards along the way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was twelve thousand of that one hundred. But you know them crucial ones where he got the ball and they stopped the game, they get even though they got whooped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Seattle. Right. So anyway, so as the story goes along, when Dickerson the previous record was OJ Simpson, he had two thousand and three yards rushing, right, but he did that in fourteen games. It was a fourteen game season. When Dickerson broke the record, he broke it in fifteen games, and then he had another game to add.
Speaker 3: On to it.
Speaker 2: So now he's looking at, well, he better break it in sixteen games, because if it's seventeen games, he had one extra game. So we'll see what that happens. I thought it was interesting to see the list of guys who have rushed for more than two thousand yards. Obviously Dickerson with the post two thousand, one hundred and five, Adrian Peterson had two thousand and ninety seven, Jamal Lewis two thousand and sixty six yards, Barry Sanders two thousand and fifty three yards, Derrick Henry twenty twenty seven, and I forgot that. I shouldn't have forgot it. Terrell Davis two thousand and eight yards. Wow, And that was the year they won a Super Bowl. Right. Took the pressure off of John Elway as you didn't have to be totally him. So that'll be one storyline we're talking about going into that game and you're figuring that with a backup quarterback, they're gonna want to run the ball.
Speaker 3: It's something about that all offensive coordinator who's thinking he's gonna outsmart the Holeue Kellen. Yeah, for some reason, I don't know why, when coming to the Cowboys when he was the coordinator, when he played, when he comes against us as a coordinator, he got approves to the world he can throw the ball. And not only does he proves the way they can throw the ball, he want to throw it long. He want to make it where they have to hold the ball a long time. So I don't know what to think about this game. But continue to think how you usually think you're playing against the Cowboys, playing of coaching for the Cowboys. Think long, think long pass, Give Parsons every opportunity, don't be.
Speaker 2: Handed it off. Yes, well, the first time around, Philadelphia ran for one hundred and eighty seven yards on thirty eight carries on the Cowboys. So they averaged four.
Speaker 3: Point nine how many carrier game?
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty eight carries, So they ran it a lot. And remember that game, it was fourteen to six.
Speaker 3: It halfened, right, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: And so chances are they're going to try to load up on the run with their with their running back. Now the difference will be and I think we saw this in this past. I get my days. Baltimore played on Thanksgiving Day, right the Christmas Day, Christmas Day, Yeah, Thanksgiving. That it makes a difference, I think now, I think Derrick Henry's really good, but I saw some holes that open up as wide as those window pages. Well, part of that, I think is the defense has to worry about Lamar Jackson rushing the ball, So you got to worry about two guys. You can't just concentrate on one. Will McClay was doing a he got on the board diagram and some plays that they run, and he pointed out that when Baltimore started, they would have Derrick Henry kind of offset to one side or the other of the quarterback. Well, they decided that because of Lamar Jackson's running ability, they put him behind the quarterback. So now the defense doesn't know which way he's going right or likely to go, and it's made a huge difference. Well for Saquon Barkley, I'm sure it has helped that Jalen Hurts has the ability to run the football, and so that makes it more difficult to stop. Just say, okay, we're going to zero in on stopping him. Well, Jalen Hurts, keep the ball and run on you, right, So I think that has helped. You know, I heard Jerry say that early when everybody's saying, well, why didn't you sign Saquon Barkley other than they couldn't afford it from a money standpoint. And I know you don't want to hear that. He's got Jayalen Hurts next to him in front of them, and the ability of Hurts to run helps him take defensive tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about Jalen Hurts for Saku.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, same thing right for Lamar and Henry. Yeah, it's the same thing, you know. Uh, I tell like this here, Mick. Uh, you just but you gotta prepare. You gotta be in your you gotta be in your gaps, you gotta play your responsibility. And yes, uh those are top ten or fifteen offensive lines and along with great running back quarterback duos which you still got to compete. We want to see whether this team will be at come Sunday at twelve, flex right into twelve. We just want to see what this team will be. We want to see what this team. Continue to play hard, continue to play smart, especially defensively. They've been playing pretty smart football and being opportunistic and getting takeaways, getting off the field and on third down. So we'll see. And the most important thing that Zim and this defense I've been able to do it but led by partisans, is keeping people out of the end zone. So can they do that this week? Can they replicate what happened last week? I mean it was it was a dirty game right down to the end of the game. But once again the defense took away touched We thought it was a sure touchdown in the end zone with Jordan Lewis. And then that end of the game, we saw the other cornerback Bland come up and he thought he was ran over, but he had the ball, and you thought he had got ran over, but he had.
Speaker 2: You got to make plays, yes, sir, so the first time around, and I know we got to take a break here, I said. They rushed for one hundred and what did I say, one hundred and eighty seven yards? They held Barkley to sixty six yards? Yes, okay, but he averaged four point seven. The hard part was Hertz ran for fifty six yards on just seven carries, so they did not do a good job of keeping him in the pocket. He also ran for two touchdowns. Yes, Now, if I remember correctly, one of them was a tush push a one yard a one yard run, but he did get away on an eight yard touchdown run. So he had sixty six averaged eight yards of carry and two touchdowns. If they don't have that factor, then I think the Cowboys have a better chance to maybe slow down Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they do. They do. All of that plays a big part in it, man, all of it. Just come out with the same physicality you came out with it last week. Stay in your lanes. Tackle. They were better tackles last week. So just do those things. Replicate what you showed last week, and this team should be okay.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll continue on mix shots here on Dallascowboys dot Com and kind of talk about what the Cowboys need to do to slow down Kenny Pickett, if indeed he is the Eagles quarterback.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best Tailgay Party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 5: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning the new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Prescott kitts it slides with a first.
Speaker 5: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the day.
Speaker 5: To visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster Canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demitt shuts.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Nation. Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate Nflfan of the Year at NFL dot com. Slash Fan of the Year. I don't Know why they didn't nominate Nate Newton for Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: No, I don't need it. I don't need it.
Speaker 2: Get you just don't go to the game all dressed up and Nate shows up in his coat and tie when they got a pregame show from the stadium. Got to do it, right, man, or a young lady win or here in the studio. Right, you'll do a pregame show on Sunday, Right, yes, twelve early one, right eleven o'clock Cowboys Eagles. And understand that the Cowboys at seven and eight, would like to do their very best to win the last two games and get to nine and eight and at least say we had a winning season. And as for the Eagles twelve and three, they need to win one more game to be able to clinch the NFC East title. I think everybody assumed that was going to happen. But Washington's sitting there with two games behind. So if Philadelphia should lose both games and Washington wins their last two, they finish in a virtual tie and we'll go to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So how about that? And this was a team that was hot on the heels of a first seed in the NFC playoffs and a bye, so that loss to Washington hurt them, not as bad as it or hurt the Cowboys, but they need to be able to win the game. And now you know the concussion protocol with Jalen Hurts still in it as a Friday, and usually to get out a concussion protocol, you have to have an extensive of workout one day, and then you've got to be able to come back the next day and be able to show you could do it again without any repercussions from the workout. So now that it's Friday, he's running out of time. So chances are it would seem Kenny Pickett, we'll be able to We'll have to start the game. And prior to him going into the game against Washington this past week, he had only taken seven snaps during the season and only attempted three passes. Now, he did a decent job, right. They ended up, you know, scoring thirty three points. You'd have thought that was enough to win a game, but in the end they kicked too many field goals. So you're facing a young quarterback without much NFL experience. If you're the defensive coordinator of what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing everything I can to slow down miss a bar Okay, you got you got to do that. And now you give them all different types of look blitz looks, blitz sometime not blitz, different uh secondary looks. I mean you you just you mix it up on him and see if he's ready for that. I mean and uh, like I said, pick your poison when you blitz, because you can still throw the game well or uh a saquon out of that backfield. So you have to always know those two guys that coming out of the backfield. But you give this kid, uh as many safe, different calculated looks as you can as the defensive coordinated without compromising your defense, you know, because they have the weapons and a lot of times, Uh, these these guys know that Mter Pickett ain't. Yeah, as what was as in line with with their routes and the timing is the word I was looking for. I know their time it may not be as great as it was with Jalen Hurt. So you either you got to speed him up. You got to get him off his mark. He got so much sacking. He's just giving good looks and bat down a couple of them balls and keep his confidence low.
Speaker 6: So for.
Speaker 2: This year, Pickett is fifteen of twenty seven for one hundred and forty eight yards an average of five and a half yards an attempt, one touchdown, one interception. So he doesn't have a lot of experience playing in this offense. And I'm with you on make sure you stop Barkley because if he can just rely on that and have to throw every now and then, yeah, you're gonna have problems. But if you can slow down bark least somehow, some way, then get pressure on him.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, yes, sir, because.
Speaker 2: Young young quarterbacks who haven't played a heck of a lot, the game speeds up in the pocket. Yes, you don't want them to get comfortable. You think the Cowboys can do it with their front or do they have to load up? But that's where stopping Barkley comes into play, right.
Speaker 3: Right, You stop Barker, slow him down, and put them in enough third down situations that's beyond four yards if you third and four, third and five thirty six, and depending on where you're at on the field, you keep them on their ends of the field, on their side of the fifty. Now that makes your coordinator aly itchy. You know he want to make sure because he don't want to be punting that ball, you know. So here we go. If you can get him at his reason, if you can get up and press a little bit, I would uh really mix up with coverages because if you press a little bit uh and and and make him come off of that first read, that gets Parsons in company a second chance to get at him. You know. But if he coming back dropping back and he hit his first read, got a swing to the backfield, and we're not tackling well at which we should tackle well to get these guys now now that that you know, that gives them confidence. You don't want any quarterback young old. If they can get confidence, if these backs can help them are these tight ends by coming off that first read, you know they can hurt you. But if you take away that first read, which is Smith for either Brown and he and make him go to this second read, that just that just gives you a defensive line of chance to get to him. Or he gives coach when he goes to those double A gaps a chance to pick one of those gaps where they turn the wrong way and let one of those linebackers in the on it. But you gotta hit him, you gotta disrupt him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if he if he gets comfortable in the pocket, then he has more time to go through his reads. And let's factor in that he is playing with a couple really good wide receivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That Advante Smith and AJ Brown. The dudes a beast. I mean, AJ Brown is your big play guy. Smith is your mid Smith can do at all. If they didn't have a J. Brown, you would see Smith doing some miraculous things at number six. I think it's his number. This kid is legit. I mean he is special man. And when Sa Kuan broke on his sixty eight yard jaunt last week, I saw him just running, just run down field and catch yeah, catch, just running easily. The other guy that was chasing Barkley, they was struggling. He just cruised past everybody, just running and talking. You can see his hands waving, you know. I mean that's pure speed, bro. You can run next to a guy that's wide open and you running and talking to a guy and the other guy struggling. Yeah. So I'm glad he don't throw to him as much as they as they should Devontae Smith, because they have AJ Brown, who's gonna ask for that ball? You know?
Speaker 2: St more he leads. He leads the Eagles sixty four catches. He's already got one thousand and forty three yards, So think about that. He's averaging sixteen point three yards a catch.
Speaker 3: As AJ Brown. Yes, yes, he's a big play guy. He's a great contestant ball catcher. I mean, when guys are hanging up with him, he can still come down with that ball. He has more than six percent chance coming down with that ball. So he's special. You know, both of these guys are special. It ain't who do you double right? It's you who do you make sure you tackle, make sure your technique is right. It ain't It ain't about I'm gonna put the safety over here to safety over there because he got I think they're equally good. Now people favor A J. Brown, but that's because Devonte Smith run intermediate routes like no other. He's a route running guy, man. And when you got a guy that can hurt you underneath, that just makes that thing getting over the top a little bit more easier.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that cowboys have done. And maybe you can explain to everybody how this works out is in a lot of recent definite passing situations. Uh, Mike Zimmer has loaded the box. They got six guys on the line of scrimmage. Yes, now sometimes they all don't come, but if they do, problematic for the offensive line, knowing who you have to pick up.
Speaker 3: The thing about it is they are good enough and experienced enough. You're not gonna you're not gonna fool them. Now, yeah, you're not gonna fool but you may fool the quarterback. You know, the quarterback may be looking up thinking the guy coming off the left side, but really is the guy coming off the right side? And they don't have the hots right, But that that that that old line. They pretty seasoned, and they pretty good, and they're nine somebody ten. They gonna pick up who they're supposed to. And I've seen Barkley and I've seen game, well both of them block their guys. So what when he does that? That's why I say it's got to be very calculated because this offensive line is experienced and they are good. Where the mix up gotta come is hoping that he has no rhythm with his Wizards receivers yet, like it even took Cooper rush a veteran guy two weeks. Yeah, to get into a rhythm. So we if we can keep him out of rhythm. Because he threw a nice sesch down in the game last week, and I'm talking about Picket, but the interception he threw, he threw it into three guys, and uh, and I don't even think Brown was kind of expecting he Brown went and ran little in ren route, kind of looked and he go three guys just and then he is an interception. So, uh, you got to confuse him more than anything. I think you have to confuse the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I think when the Cowboys have been placing that many on the line of scrimmage, it's not always Michael Parsons rushing on the outside right, so he's coming in the middle or he's looping in the middle, and that causes some confusion, I would imagine for the offensive line.
Speaker 3: It does. And because the offensive line in the running back has the work in concert. And a lot of times when you're running games, especially when you have an outside linebacker or even a corner, sometimes that done eased up in that back though he has them, but they run tackle out in out. You get what I'm saying now they passing guys and that here here comes this this safety or this corner or this outside lineback of looping coming all the way back in. Do you want to be sure that you're while your running back and pick up that defensive men if you say, hey, we're gonna pass him out to you, or do you say just ease back inside and take that and take that that that safety or that linebacker and loop back inside. So most people that they're running back just maneuver its way back inside. A couple of times we were good enough to let Darren Johnson cut that in guy and we took care of what was inside. So it's just and you.
Speaker 2: Have like two seconds to decide, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all. It's all on the move. It's already been preordained. Yeah, but can you can you make it come to fruition? Is what to deal is?
Speaker 2: Because I think we've seen, you know, with the return of Michael Parsons, the Cowboys sacks have certainly picked up his return pressure. And it's not all him, but he does have eight and a half sacks since return, uh, and a lot of it is him looping inside and the guard or the center or taking care of something else. Yes, and then all of a sudden it's like, oh, look who's.
Speaker 3: Coming and what in The speed that he generates is hard to recover. It's all about with parsons. You can see him, but are your feet and feet and hands quick enough to catch up with your eyes because you can see him, but that speed is something else. That speed kills man extra quarterback.
Speaker 2: And and and he's going to be he's going to be ready to eat too, because he wants to get to ten sacks.
Speaker 3: Right, and I think he's he wanted to prove the Philly you know, that he can have success against Philly. He's tweeted out something.
Speaker 2: Oh he said it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wanted to.
Speaker 2: I don't like Philip.
Speaker 3: Yeah he want to. He want to. And and the thing is, it's all about the matchup. Uh, you've not had success on the right tackle. And I promise Shane Johnson, Yeah, yeah, I promise you if you get four sacks and they on the two of them on the guard and two of them on the left tackle, you know, five years from out about hey man, Lane Johnson stopped it. Now they gonna notice that you have four sacks. Get them sacks bro, just about match ups. Go, don't try to just run over Lane Johnson. I mean, give me one or two reps. Let him know you will come over there. But but you got four of the guys that you can go whoop up on.
Speaker 2: And he only needs a half a sack to get to double digit sacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for every.
Speaker 2: Season hit he's played now in the NFL. Uh one other thing on Lane Johnson, I told you that Bill was illustrating some place right there was a running play. He blocked four different guys going downfield, got the guy at the line of scrimmage, got the linebacker picked off with safety, and somebody else Will was diagramming each block. So he's he's pretty darn good.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to be good here and take our final break on mixshots on dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get him with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slid for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 5: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party, in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 8: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swacker, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cluk America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: Devict shuts.
Speaker 2: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes the players who do so much more, both on the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboys nominee Zach Martin raise funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your Charity Challenge, vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year, or tweet your support using the hashtag WPMOY Challenge. Voting ends on January sixth. Vote for Zak. As we continue here on Dallascowboys dot Com, it seems like we forget Zach Martin has been out these last few games and the Cowboys won four or five here as he went through surgery to repair that repair that ankle. So from speaking of injuries, the Cowboys had seven guys that did not practice yesterday, okay, and one, two, three. Four of them were starters. Now one of those was Lamb, so we can eliminate him. Malik Hooker was rest non football injury. He did not practice. Nick Vigil, who started for Kendricks last week, once again did not practice. And he told me he hasn't practiced on a regular basis since hurting his foot against Pittsburgh. That's a long time ago, yes, And then he comes in and starts his first game of the year, plays ninety six percent of the snaps and leads a team with ten tackles. Donovan Wilson cropped up on Thursday with a knee. He did not practice, and I said Vigil, Hooker, Chuma Odogo, who did start the game, he still got this toe that's bothering him, did not practice on Thursday. We'll see where that one goes or if they have to go towards Tyler Geiton, because they kind of switched off in the game until Get missed his block that one time. Which do I know what you want? You want guiding out there getting snaps?
Speaker 3: Not anymore? Okay, The thing is now what you fear is him. He's already low confidence, lose job confidence, get even lower, but they've giving him some reps. It comes to a point where you have to think about the team and it's overall psyche and great thing happened about six games ago. A guy who I've been begging to play played in his name was awesome Riches. The cat got out of the bagh. Oh this guy wasn't drafted in the first round, but this guy played all right for the first time. He really outplayed your first round pick. You can't have that happen. You got to stay with this bad as bad it's bad, and hope that it gets it's good. But once you see something better, it's hard to sell to the fans, and it's definitely hard for your teammates to be looking like, hold on, man, you got sixty million standing back there getting beat to death, and you can do something about it and won't so when the cat got out of the bag and then a tumor came back, which I you know, I did not want this guy in the game, which I did not want a dog in the game. Apologized. I will apologize every chance I get, I'll apologized. He has done way better than I thought he could do. Right, and he's been a.
Speaker 2: Love which is not great, but he did better.
Speaker 3: He did better. Yes, So now the great thing about being a number one pick is you will get first in most shots when the season is over to improve your physical, your mental, and your spirit spiritual standings. You got a chance to build. So yeah, I excuse me, I'm sorry for that. I like that. This kid. Uh, we'll get another shot at the Cowboys haven't giving up on him. But you you, you let the cat out of the bag, and it was let out of the bag when Austin Richards did what he did, then a doga showed up and did what he doing, what he's doing, you know, and Cooper Rush has been the recipient of that.
Speaker 2: Well guess what, yes, sir, speaking of awesome Richards, if he's ready, he's eligible to come off and injured reserve, you know, missed his.
Speaker 3: Window.
Speaker 2: Choir four games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's missed a window of opportunity to the thing about it, and see, I hate it. I got to bring this up because I promised myself. Every time I think about it, I'm glad that ain't one of the guys that Missus Jones got to put on my Christmas list to sign. We still have awesome riches this second year. Yes, so yeah, so we got him at least another year. So I'm like, man, my Christma of this. It's getting bigger. It's getting big and bigger.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately they're playing better and better.
Speaker 3: Better, Yes we are. This is another test for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right. I don't think my cohorts.
Speaker 3: That your picks and all of that. Oh yeah, I got your picks.
Speaker 2: Let's see if they did it or if they just forgot because they were off right.
Speaker 3: Picks to click? Oh man, we should have been starting that.
Speaker 2: I don't see.
Speaker 3: Let's see, well, give us yours.
Speaker 2: Well I hadn't even thought of my pick to click, but it needs to be. And I know we've banned this because we could pick Michael Parsons every week. I think he's even more important now because this defense has to play well. To not have Cooper Rush have to put up thirty points to run the game. Yes, so uh And I was going to pick the Cowboys to win this game until three o'clock yesterday. CD goes out and I see Jalen Tolbert and for those that are watching this with his two fingers here wrapped together because he dislocated the pinky finger, I think maybe Eagles twenty three seventeen. I think it's a close game, but I think we've hit the two biggest things. You've got to slow down Saquon Barklay and you've got to get pressure on Picket, Yes, and then you give yourself a chance to win even though you're on the road because they've got a backup quarterback. So I know who you pick to win always, But who's your pick to click? Who has to have a really good performance?
Speaker 3: Our inside three versus their inside Threealen Carter, Milton Williams, and Jordan Davis. They're inside three big stud tackles. We gotta deal with them. If we can't deal with them, this would be a very ugly game for the Dallas Cowboys. So Carter leads this thing.
Speaker 2: Those three guys, do they remind you of maybe three guys you had to play against back in the day against the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those Jerome Brown and Seth and Reggie and yeah, all of those. Yeah, but these guys are not quite there yet. But I'm telling you, Jalen Jalen, Jalen Carter is it. He is smart, he is athletic, he is huge, he's twitchy. It's just like the kid that just left here last week, Vita Vita. Yeah. Man, if Vita would lose thirty pounds, he would be unstoppable, you know. And that's where Jayalen at now because he's still young. Vita's been playing seven eight years. But Jalen is still young, so you know, the bigness ain't bothering him right now. That's number ninety eight. He'll beast man. He is slippery, he is powerful, he's explosive. I mean, he he is it man.
Speaker 2: So which guy's tougher, Jordan Davis or Jayleen?
Speaker 3: Give me number ninety eight, brother, Yeah, and then give me number ninety three, Milton Williams kid from La Tech, And then I'll take Big number ninety. Big number ninety is a two down player, first and second downright, depending on the run of pass. These other two guys can play the whole.
Speaker 2: Game ninety eight. Just watching him last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a.
Speaker 2: Little mean streaking.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I think about it. If you get the best of him, he don't get mad. I watched him. You get the best of him. But if he get the best of you, be ready for him to start talking. Yeah, he'll start talking. Man. Yeah, Oh I love him. Man. I you know, I hate Philadelphia, but I like great players that have the potential to be great and start showing you that they can be great.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we pulled this off, Nate, Yes, sir, I don't mean this in a bad way to anybody else, but love having you on the show with me, man, just like old days, right yeah, in the bat Cave, in the Batcave, back at the Rent. Yeah, it was me and Nate talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's what we've got for you today on dallascowboys dot Com and we will be back, maybe in full force on mix shots on Monday following this game. And thank goodness, it's a noon start. Getting yeah, a little bit earlier, you guys, getting done here a little bit earlier. And the only other thing that needs to happen is the Cowboys need to win the.
Speaker 3: Oh they will.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: All I need is for Picket to give us two. All right, you got it?
Speaker 2: So them second secondary get going right all right. That's it for mix shots on this Friday. Hope everybody has a good say weekend. See you on Monday.
Speaker 3: Go Cowboys, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.