Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the best of Cabino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every day from five to seven pm the eastern tw to four pacifics on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local stations for Convino on Rich at Fox Sportsradio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app I serching FSR. Today's Friday, so that means Brainwave. We're giving away prizes. If you're on our brain Wave, we hook you up and we get you ready for the weekend with weekend hobnob and what to watch in world of the sports and entertainment. But first, there he is Danny g R Danny producer. And second but sometimes a number two is better than number one, right Sam, I would say, Sam Jeeter, that's right. And of course Dan Byer's in there saying what's up getting ready for the updates. Thank you guys for being part of this Coveno on Rich Let's go, man. I feel like there's gonna be a lot of quarterback talk today, Kevino said, ye, bro, it's the quarterback trifect of news. So, uh, there's Tony Romo news, there's Tom Brady stories, and there's a Baker Mayfield thing we got to break down, so lots of quarterback stuff today, but before we get to quarterback, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could I, which Rich still hasn't seen on.
Speaker 1: Netflix, could I be excited for a second? Danny about receiver, my receiver Deebo Samuel you had.
Speaker 2: Thrown his last career forty nine er pass at Super Bowl Radio Row.
Speaker 1: We called it out, We called it Dueebo to Deebo. Remember that Rich stew who passed to him at Super Bowl. I remember something was wrong. I knew things weren't good at the time in the bay because any San Francisco forty nine ers question I asked.
Speaker 2: Him, he was always like yeah, yeah, go niner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He looked at me with a look like, yo, my man, I don't know if this is going to work. Back man one year seven mil? Good for debo? Am I glorifying the debo that was five years ago? As Dan Byer immediately not head Dan saying yes. And I trust Dan, especially with that sweet new fate he's got going out, Yeah, haircut looking tight, got haircut confidence. Yeah, he's got the haircut confidence. But I looked his stats up from last year and he looked like pretty decent. Let's know, he was banged up, but I looked it up. It was better than I thought. I don't think he's the explosive like I'm gonna be a running back and a wide receiver Deebo Samuel, But I think one year seven mil is like bargain shopping. That's like you know when you find like a really nice shired like Northstrom rack, Yeah, and you're like, you know this, this is like a two hundred dollars shirt. I can get it for thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what. It screamed to me. Parasol's not playing this season.
Speaker 1: Uh Piarsol might not play this season, but if he, if Ricky Pearsall is out for real, Danny j Isn't it nice to know that you have Deebo Samuel there, who's familiar with the Shanahanan offense, who's familiar with brock Purty, and all his teammates seemed thrilled he's back. So when you see guys like McCaffrey and Kittle and everyone's saying like, yo, Debo's back, welcome back, that's our dog. Like you don't you don't find out to be nice? Oh yeah, that's that's definitely a good sign and not a low costal. At low cost, it's a one year commitment to bring your guy back. You know what he brings. He wasn't terrible with the Commanders, So one year, seven million, forty nine ers are the team to be. We'll discuss it, because that's what Rich was saying off the air, But why don't we kick it off with the QB trifecta speaking of football, because those are the biggest stories right now. I do want to say that when we were defending if we were defending Tony Rowo, if that's how you took it, remember we prefaced it with based on the information we have right now. Remember we said that, and we were also very clear to say there's never any circumstance where you should be boozing and driving and riding right. And then then you heard speculation of open containers. I was like, yeah, but is that real?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And you know, I want to say that everything we were saying was at the time, and I'm not necessarily changing my stance by any means. But for them to sort of now put him on hold and bring in what that says a lot. That's story Number one Tony Romo is on Lee for his role at CBS Sports until further notice. The network already announced that JJ Watt will replace Romo and work alongside Jim Nantz and Wolfson for the time being. Hello friends. So that's a big announcement, especially when I feel like the temperature of social media and the news sort of was lenient on Romo. I don't think anyone was really looking at it like, yeah, man, this guy was a mess. So that says to me, there's more things or as we gain more info, as I was saying pointed out the other day, Colin Cowherd likes to say, like, you know, you could change your opinion with new information. It's true, but I don't think I really have to yet. But it is concerning, like, all right, why are they so quick to do that? It could be one of two things they want to move forward from him anyway, And I know Dan Byer was talking about that today, so I'd love his insight on that. Or there's more to this story than we know, right, just like the Shanahan story. I do believe there's something half we don't know about this story.
Speaker 2: Maybe that has a little bit to do with this that they're reading and taking a temperature read of the room.
Speaker 1: How are they moving forward already? Right, they didn't fire him, right, Leaf could be a preseason game, and then he's back for a week one. You know, a time out. They may have just really, you know, put a little kit in the timeout, like put your time out, put down your iPad for no more iPad the rest of the night. Right, I'm gonna have to quote the great Dan Bayer. He's adjusting his microphone. He's looking confident today. He's got a sweet new summer trim up. Poor Dan Buyer. And I say this because for the last eight minutes now, I feel as though Dan's been trying to reconstruct a microphone in a studio and it's like remember the scene with OJ and Naked Gun where everything is.
Speaker 2: Somebody get that man a Janet Jackson headset.
Speaker 1: He some WD forty, a screwdriver, and a drill stat Well, he repairs microphone.
Speaker 2: It fell off the handle.
Speaker 1: I know that he said something along the lines of if it was just the temporary thing, wouldn't they have just brought some ancillary dude in to fill in. So they brought in the next guy. They brought in a potential replacement. JJ Watt could be the potential next guy that they wanted to bring in. What you're saying is why bring in the next in line? What I'm saying is it could be one of two reasons. There's more to the story, Like I don't even know if that open container thing is real or not. Do we know that either there's more to the story or they're using this as a reason or like the last straw to move forward, Because in the past few years, it does seem like when it comes to his broadcasting, there's been a shift, right, Like we went from loving Tony Romo to criticizing Tony Romo. He went from no, stra damis right to yeah, he's irritating, Like, like the the sentiment on Tony Romo really did switch. He never bothered me same, but it did go. You know, we have a good read of what people are saying and the pulse of, like we said, social media and what the boys are buzzing about at the barber shop. That is definitely the sentiment. So maybe this is their reason or excuse to, Hey, throw jj Watten air and see what happens. Sometimes all you need is a little little something, right exactly. We've seen it at the workplace, You've seen it in life. Someone wants to break up with someone, or someone wants to get someone fired. This is the out. There's an out sometimes, right, it could be the out because if it was just a temporary thing, you just bring in some schmoke, some regular, some other guy. What's up, Danny g.
Speaker 2: According to the Los Angeles Times yesterday, an open container of alcohol was found inside Romo's vehicle at the time of his arrest.
Speaker 1: That changes things, it says.
Speaker 2: According to a new citation released by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's office, they found it on the passenger side of his black cheet.
Speaker 1: Now we didn't know that little tidbit of information until the end of our discussion when the story first started popping, and they were like, all right, well if that's true. Now that we know that that's true, it does change things, right, it does because the guy who was saying he had no drinks on leave, he's on leave. Yeah, I don't even know how to read that to be honest.
Speaker 2: On leave.
Speaker 1: On leave is you know, I think sometimes this happens when when I hear on leave, I think that that feels like isn't that it's on his terms. No, I don't know that means I think they're able to put someone on leave. Yeah, our video guy Spot just threw something on the screen. I think he was insinuating. Am I wrong by saying this is Spot's working remotely today? He said a lot of times when someone does something this happens too with like sex addiction, when when it's a you're sort of trying to get the temperature of the public. On leaves a good temporary place to put someone, like we're not going to fire him.
Speaker 4: Administrative leave, administrative leave or some type of leave is always a good way to be like, all right, is everyone gonna forget about this and not caring a couple of weeks that we could just go back to business or is this going to linger?
Speaker 1: Because if it lingers or issues like if he has an issue, they can't jump the gun to fire somebody like that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Is that? What is that a safety measure? But also it's not a fireable fence unless, of course, you know, he sees his dating court. Maybe I don't know. I think the open container changes changes everything. Even though I feel like I feel like he did a good job with everything else, And I still don't feel like we have clarity on that because the other some other news outlets keep using the word allegedly had an open container.
Speaker 2: So there's been back and forth on that.
Speaker 1: We need g That's why I'm confused on that. So that's story number one, Tony Romo, Big story, Story number two. Baker Mayfield is the QB trifecta, whichever one you want to chime in on. By all means, it's a casual Friday, some juicy stuff. We're just trying to get to the bottom of it. Eight seven seven ninety nine. Oh Fox, Oh d you see Dan Buyer went to a radio shack. You bought a new Microphoni's back. I don't want to steal your thought or put words in your mouth, but I kind of agree, like with the JJ Watt side of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a little bit of history as well with CBS in terms of if you just look at who the broadcast partner of JJ Watt has in football, it's Iron Eagle. Iron Eagle replaced Jim Nantz as the number one voice on college basketball when Nance decided to retire. I don't think Nance is going to be doing this forever. I think that the last thing that NANCE will broadcast is golf. You'll do the Masters and the PGA Championship and that's it. But I think at some point I'll probably say goodbye to football. So that allows another number one person to move up, which Iron Eagle is their number two right now. So if you have want in that spot and he excels, then it makes for another transition and you move vote forward for the next decade with a duo that people are really excited about right now is number two. They could've gotten Charles Davis, They could have moved Adam Archiletta up. Remember when Joe Buck used to do the World Series for Fox. You know who Fox put in there, Tom Brenneman. Tom Brenneman was like fifth on the list. It wasn't like they bumped up the number two guy and put him to number one during that time. So I think this really makes sense for CBS, and I think that they probably don't want to be in the Tony Romo business anymore, at least, you know, considering what's happened.
Speaker 1: Do you think they were already not sure if they wanted to be in the Tony Romo business before this, Yes, and this was the final straw, the easy out and J. J.
Speaker 5: Watt is such a likable guy and is so popular and hits to another younger generation, which I think, not that he's that much, you know, younger than Tony Romo, but still you agree.
Speaker 1: But I also think Tony Romo is a likable guy, even though he got some hate in the past few years. Have we heard our last, Jim, No, not.
Speaker 2: If we talked about it a couple of days ago Cove. You know, he started out hot shot out of a cannon and then instead of climbing up, it feels like he's kind of been.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the first story Tony Romo. Oh you remember, like you said, Tony Romo was was again like a no stre damis in the booth that first year and everyone was fascinated. And I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: If he just that just wore on people.
Speaker 1: Remember he'd be like, yeah, Jim, you know what's gonna happen here. The linebacker is gonna blitz and they're gonna be there is an out pattern.
Speaker 2: Because any he really started to lean into it, and he would be wrong more than half the time. And you know, you. We saw the memes, we saw the gifts, we saw all the stories about ah man, this this act is getting tired.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so grand opening, grand closing possible for Tony Romo. JJ Watt is like you see the recent videos where instead of walking straight line, one foot in front of the other, he's doing quarterback drills. Have you guys seen them? I have seen those are frank, I'm just kidding. I know they're AI but and I know that's silly. Is a serious thing to get behind the wheel with an open container.
Speaker 2: But do you think that would impress the officer?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: If you start, if you busted.
Speaker 1: Out the deck, Yeah, should have did it.
Speaker 2: There are certain things though.
Speaker 5: We were talking earlier this week about the body cam footage and I hope to never be in a situation I don't drink. I don't, so I think I'm good. However, what I didn't realize was when the officer goes, I'm going to demonstrate this three times, you have to do it nine times. I'm like, oh my goodness, you know, like you have to do this twenty seven times. Like it was just like she would show like a short bit and he had to do it. That long to be able to no idea.
Speaker 1: Bonehead and safe to say that I am. That's fine, I'll take it. But a lot of these tests are kind of difficult, especially for a guy who has a bad hip, bad knees, a few injuries, Like can you do it? I didn't see them do this, but like if someone said, recite the alphabet backwards, could you guys do that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I could, No, I take forever, you know what I mean. So it's like some of these things are ridiculous. There's a video, by the way, if you're watching live now or streaming live on YouTube at Covino on rich FSR. That's the AI thing that could have got him out of this whole mess. I love that, but he's dying with Dak Prescott. I think some of these things breifooble. But you're right, there is a weird level of confusion, like all right, well you're gonna do is You're gonna put your arm here, do this? Take nine steps foot? And I don't. I just have I feel like if anyone, even if you're not drunk, you'd probably nervously confirm. So again, so again, you want me to go, I'm starting those moments right, put yourself in those moments. They feel like bad dreams and you're like, is this really happening right now? It feels like a nightmare, and you get all confused, and you know you're making weird eye contact. You're nervous saying like that. At one point he's like, did I do good? No? Yeah, And he's Tony Romol, so he's thinking this is going to be a press nightmare, right. So he's got a lot going on in his brain, which makes even more hard to follow. And you know that that's why I you were I don't want to say quick to defend him, but we didn't have all the details. It's getting a little stick here now. Baker Mayfield is the other story. And we could simply say or sum it up like this, rich Baker Mayfield three years, one hundred million, wasn't able to work out a new contract with Tampa Bay. Did he go from overrated to the most underrated quarterback? Aren't you shocked? I'm sure. It's almost like the reversal of what we said with Romo, where everyone loved him and then heitmen. When Baker Mayfield came in this league, there was a sense of, oh, he might be a little overvalued or overrated. It didn't work out in the beginning the way everyone thought he didn't. He did good, but like he brought people the wrong way too, you know. But now when you look at three years, one hundred million, which man, I wish that was being underpaid in our world. But still he's sixteenth as far as active NFL quarterbacks. So he is dead center of the NFL quarterback situation at the end of food. Do you know what's so disheartening about that? It's like you was the electructure. You put your nose to the what where you're putting your nose to the grind, to the bubble. He puts his nose to the grind like he works hard. He's a dog in the NFL. If you watch quarterback, you see him as a man. He's a good dude. He's a family guy, and he's dedicating to winning and taking a beating while doing it. Like that's the kind of guy you want leading your team like he leads by example. I know he's not the biggest dude, he's not the biggest arm but here's a guy that earned the respect of all those teammates. He did everything he possibly could to prove that to Tampa and and they don't give him a contract and they don't work it out.
Speaker 2: Kind of feels like they're blaming him for how much time he's out injured, which is not all his fault. When you watch his quarterback, he was dealing with a really banged up O line, which is why the defense was getting to him so often.
Speaker 1: He's not the type of guy that leans into it either. He's trying to play hurt, right, so he's not crying about it. And you and you learn to respect him more, not only from his past few seasons, but from watching Quarterback on Netflix. So that story number three, by the way, what is he is? He now? Just underrated?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How how is he not working out a deal? What if the Tony Romo thing was a dumb and dumber scenario? Yeah, and it was a bottle, but it was it wasn't filled with alcohol. Give me that. No, that's bad now, bro, That's like that's really caring road trip, you know, because what we all said when we were trying to understand the Tony Romost story is like, all right, let's be real about it. He was golfing. Probably didn't want to admit he probably had a few drinks. But like we all have a few drinks if we're at dinner, not all because Dan Byer doesn't drink, I'm saying, but it's okay. It's socially accepted to have one, two, maybe even three drinks throughout the course of a night. You're having a you know, a dinner with friends, you're at the golf course, you can get behind the wheel if you're not intoxicated and drive. But having an empty container in there, you might think you're advertising. You're an idiot, So idiot advertising. Yeah, so that just that does change things. Careless, it's careless. It's way careless, Like we could all understand, like, yeah, you have a few drinks. If you're not drunk, then you're okay. But to have an open container to changes things. Baker Mayfield story number two, I feel like it's a slap in the face where he's saying the same things over again, like he's he's betting on himself again. He already did this.
Speaker 2: Some listener input on that from our YouTube channel, The Rennick eighty one says, I actually live in Tampa Bay. In my humble opinion, he sounds like a whiner. Bro, you had a great twenty twenty four and a stink twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: He didn't have a stak toy.
Speaker 2: You expect all of us to ignore one and not the other.
Speaker 1: Twenty five. He's he started out, it was like the tale of two seasons. Yes, my second half day it was killing it. Second half he was hurt.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know it's not like all of a sudden he suck. Well, listen, and then the team needed help. Remember this last week of the season. They needed help and that was really it. That was like a weird wet Remember the South was so bad.
Speaker 1: We're like, someone's gonna just get in because they all suck so bad. Sam, you got audio from Baker, So take a.
Speaker 6: Lesson disappointing in that regard to to not have, you know, to feel disrespect a little bit. And that's really the disappointing part, to feel undervalued after you know, thinking you've earned it. This is not a poor me thing. It's there's a lot other people that have it way worse off. But I can sit here and look at other quarterbacks and peers and evaluate myself based on that and put myself in certain categories that I deserve to be compensated for that. And I think I'm a franchise quarterback. I've been told I'm a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's been said.
Speaker 6: Publicly from ownership down here, and so to not have a deal done is very disappointing.
Speaker 1: I think he's proven he's a franchise quarterback at this point. Well, comparison is the thief of Julie. I said that yesterday. You don't want to compare yourself, but that's how we do gauge ourselves in every industr. Sure you work in right like, you compare yourself to what other people make. And Baker Mayfield publicly knows what every quarterback makes in the NFL. He is number sixteen of thirty two starters. And when you're right there in the middle of the pack and he's saying I'm better than that, and you see it's like the next guy up thing. He's thinking, I'm a fifty plus millie, gotcha. I think he's proven to be a great leader, So I think we need to factor that in too, And that's what you want out of a quarterback. So that's story number two, and I have another angle on that. So I want to, okay, perfect and then the next story is the quarterback trifecta. To get our Friday going. Has to deal with Tom Brady and it's the most ridiculous thing you've heard for a guy that I back. Yes, yes on everything. Yeah, yeah, we have a major problem. We think Tom Brady is the man, but we both have a problem with this and we'll explain. Plus we're gonna play Brainwave, give away prizes and more. It's a fun time Friday here with Cavino and Rich. I want to thank Dairy Queen. I want to thank Danny g because he went there today and hooked us all up. EQ baby. Yeah it was on our mind. Yes, yeah, said they were doing all those reads for DQ and they're blizzards.
Speaker 2: And yeah they had a great cause going on yesterday where they were donating a dollar or more to help kids out. So that miracle day. We were pumping it hard yesterday. And thanks to our boss Scott because he sent me a gift card for DQ. So I went to the Semi Valley one closest to my house and Jaden Smith, she was behind the counter. She's a star soccer player for Seemi Valley High School. Her manager there was really really nice, dude.
Speaker 1: Little things like this go such a long way, you know, just a nice casual Friday, having some DQ with Danny G and Sam and Buyer's got your updates in five minutes. But I was thinking about it. The quarterback trifecta. Yeah, yeah, the Tony Romo update. He's on leave. JJ Watt is helling in for now? Baker Mayfield Rich posed a question, is he a guy that went from overrated to underrated? The answer, in my just stupid, humble opinion, yes, absolutely. He was going down a path of like of a Johnny Manziel, like uh oh, and totally flipped it around to where you're like, you're rooting for this guy and he plays with a chip on his shoulder, and I think this just adds to that and so'll thrive that way. He's a winner and a leader. And I'm not saying he's a top five or some saying that, but they should have worked out a deal for him. But he he You could argue that when next one up, he can find himself in the top ten paid, but you know what he seems to be. I gotta give credit where it's due. Someone on our chat, Danny G said something about Oh, Scott Fermeyer, we're streaming live. You can watch the show at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Baker likes that chip on his shoulder, and Rich, I'm sure you know working with me anytime I'm underestimated, it fires me up, It motivates me, It fuels the fire. And I think he's I'm not comparing myself to Baker Mayfield, but you could see that that's what motivates him. So you have to expect the big year from the guy show you and yeah for himself. Here's my question. Then let's say Baker has a monster year just you know, stays healthy, deliver it. No, I'm saying, let's say let's say the Bucks go ten and seven, make the playoffs and and Baker's the man. Does he give Tampa an opportunity or or is he like out? Is it like now I'm going somewhere else. There are some people saying that Pittsburgh, once Aaron Rodgers has gone, could be a nice landing spot for a guy like Baker. You know, I think so that speculate that, I mean it's going to be speculating. I think he's going to speculate it. He'll weigh his options now. But that's the risk they took, right, But you stay? Would you stay? Is there any circumstance where I don't think he's not going to stay because of it? But if someone's presenting a better option now, he factors in, well, they didn't want me last year. I mean, so I think I think it plays a factor. And we do have one more story in the QB Trifecta. It involves Tom Brady. It's ridiculous. But before we get to that, let's go to the phones. Who we got Danny?
Speaker 2: All right, let's start with Tony in Virginia. He wants to talk about a movie you mentioned.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, I was rolling out of my local pharmacy shop getting Titan condoms and I heard you wanted to talk about Amazon Women on the Moon.
Speaker 1: Great movie, speaking of underrated, right, they're the best, dude. It's like the dumbest movie. It's like, but it's really fun. If you had HBO when you were a kid and you stayed up late just to watch some rat at ar boobies, it was like a bunch of little mini movies within one movie. And yeah, there was all these different references and Kim, you do show me this one, this one clip. It's our cineo and someone keeps calling him asking for Thelma. There is no Filma. Very yes, so stupid, thank you, But then I believe a bookshelf falls on them. Yes, yes, yes, yes, so dumb. Who else we got, Danny?
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Trip in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Hey, Trip, what's up? Man?
Speaker 3: Hey you guys. Always good to speak with y'all. Before I get on the quarterback, I want to tell you all the funny story real quick. So I had dinner with our boy West in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Nice and we sat there for a good five minutes and try to say he get the best, the best imitation of d We were so entertainment that.
Speaker 1: Dairy Queen melted before he got to eat it. He was all like.
Speaker 2: My mind's intact. And I had the freezer raider freezer.
Speaker 1: Melted, you know. Before we get to the Tom Brady triffactor, let's hold, let's put that part on hold. I have another question for dB as we go to his uptakes, we didn't I my mouth is full of dairy queen. As you're you're a Seahawks guy, everyone's really high on the Rams.
Speaker 2: Rich, you didn't let Trip give his quarterback take?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, Let's do that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Really quick and can finish Trip up. He clicked said screw.
Speaker 1: You, Rich, I was gonna say, I really. The more I'm thinking about it, Shanahan's offense, Brock party, familiarity, the system successful. There this Deebo one year, seven million dollar deal. I feel like I must be the greatest homer of all time thinking that this is awesome for the Niners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you are being a homer. I don't. I don't think that there is any.
Speaker 1: I think that that should be sailed.
Speaker 5: The only yeah, well, the only thing that I would say positively is Deebo probably has more value to the forty nine ers than he would to any of the other thirty one teams. They know him, they know what he can do, they know how to use him in their system. So for that aspect, if you're looking for a replacement, there would be no one better. However, to think that it's going to change the fortunes of this team. By the way, the offseason hasn't been great, and I never think that those things carry into the to the season. I just think that if you think it's going to be a huge boost, then you're missing the mark.
Speaker 1: I do want to remind Niner fans like myself that Deebo's final years at Niner was not great. He was not that that productive. This year, last year with Washington was better than his previous year with the Niners, I know, but he sort of went under the raid. Nothing spectacular, yea, well because they stunky how many yards? Uh seven twenty seven and it wasn't that good. But the year before he had six something I know. But before that the debo that was right, he was you know, he was a most nine hundred. Yeah, but he was the nine hundred but he wore Yeah, but he was I know, he was debo. But it wasn't as bad as you thought. It's just that it went under the radar with do you see the ais? You see the ais of debo, like totally out of shape, like hanging with the Niners and it's like, hey, guys, bag like, but those are the ais of romo Dancing. Internet's a wild place, but I think it's better better than I don't know, better than Christian Kirk. I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I think exactly what I said, I think that the forty nine ers are the ones who can get the most out of Debo. I just don't know how much of debo there is.
Speaker 1: Debo's last year with the Niners twenty twenty four, he had three touchdowns. He had five last year, so it was kind of an improvement. We'll see what. Well, it's not a difference maker. I do agree with Dan. Well, let's go to dB for an update what's going on.
Speaker 5: It is funny because the Madden ratings get a lot of conversation, and looking at one here they did the top ten teams overall, they have the forty nine or seventh at eighty five overall, tied with the Bills. The Seahawks are tenth at eighty four, actually tied for ninth with the Chiefs at eighty four, which tells me that Madden has no idea what they're talking about. And it's not meant to be disrespectful to your forty nine ers. Last time they played it was forty one to six, you know, like I mean.
Speaker 1: So anyway, well, let's see this forty ninety is. Let's see if hell is you know on their side this year.
Speaker 5: The Patriots are higher than the Seahawks are on this, and I'm sure they're saying all the addition of AJ Brown and the subtraction of Kenneth Walker, that's the reason why. But we'll see. I think it'll be tough for the Seahawks to repeat. But I don't think that they're the ninth or tenth best team in the NFL. I think they're a little bit higher than that. What do you think about the Yankees in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 2: Steve? Can you know?
Speaker 1: What do you have them ranked right now? Behind Tampa Bay? Sorry, drives one deep to left center fit look it up, Pete Cronch talk get back.
Speaker 2: I'm Dversario with a home run, his tenth of the season, and the Yankees have a one nothing.
Speaker 5: Lead here in the four Spencer Jones would a had a solo shot later on.
Speaker 2: They meet the Cubs today two nothing.
Speaker 5: So maybe a little bit higher on your list on the Yankees Radio network because we have to give equal time to Rich his Mets. Freddie Peralta scratched from his start tonight in advance of the trade deadline coming up on Monday. He will not pitch tonight against the Marlins. Tigers did the same with Pitcher, Casey Mize, Victor Webbin Yama extended his contract with Nike, which will include an upcoming signature shoe. The Packers activated tenant Tucker Kraft off the pup list Rocket Classic. On the PGA Tour, Cam Young shoots sixty one today, shares the lead with Patrick Canley, Ricky followers one shot back at nine unders, Anders Shoftley two, Mac in a group at eight under. Guys back to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dan. I hate to be that guy, but I saw Wemby's new logo and it just looked like a V for Vendetta or something. It looked like a goat and a mustache to me, I just it.
Speaker 2: Looks like a stingray and a whale's tail.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, your eyes adjust and they get used to it. We already made that point this week. Everybody hates new logos or changes or anything like that. But you know, one day I'll look at that and I'll I'll associate that with Wemby. Right now, I'm like, what's that. There's never been a logo or uniform change.
Speaker 2: For the.
Speaker 1: Most part, I would say ninety nine percent of the time, any new logo or uniform gets hate on. Did you see it? I got his joke for us. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's all over the place, but kind of acts.
Speaker 2: Like an outline of like a mouth and a nose.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. It looks like a goatee. Well he does have look little looks like Look, tell me, doesn't look like a beard. VVA bend.
Speaker 2: If you lost a bet and you had to get one of two tattoos. Mike Tyson's logo it's from his fate, not on your face, but that design or that new Wemby logo?
Speaker 1: Which one right now? I recognize the Tyson one. I'd go with the Tyson Well, yeah, I'd go with the Tyson one.
Speaker 5: Wemby's looks like two bottom bikini sizes. One is large, one is small, like if one has bulge and one doesn't. I understand, Like, yeah, we're supposed to see the eyes, but they look like bikini bottoms to me.
Speaker 1: You you know what I mean? Like, I know one day we'll get used to it. Right, that's supposed to be like an alien.
Speaker 2: Yes, the eyes the droops are the eyes of the alien. Yes. And that top part is supposed to be like the brawl, you know, the nose. I feel like that could have been done a little bit better.
Speaker 7: Okay, now I'm seeing it differently. Actually, I like it. I can see it.
Speaker 2: I think it's men's and women's bikini bottoms.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just thinking it's you're in Europe at a beach.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like how the RAMS logo looks like one of Riches Big Toast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, Yeah, it proves our theory earlier this week though we hate anything new, but you know, ask us a year from now. I'm like, yeah, that's the logo.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing, we never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to. And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber list me. Well you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships, and if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising. Remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. We said as a quarterback trifecta on this Friday. But remember we're lying from Fox Sports Radio. Don't miss our scene. Our best of the week tomorrow drops tomorrow morning, every Saturday morning. Our best of the week on Apple podcasts or wherever you stream at six am Eastern, just search covin, O and.
Speaker 2: Rich seven minutes long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we actually had a fun week, guys, thanks for being part of it. But the last one has to do with Tom Brady. So we talked about Tony Romo and the drama. What is the future at CBS. We don't know. Baker Mayfield, would he stay with Tampa after they said, you know, we're not talking about the deal now? Playing with a chip on his shoulder? Is that the best Baker Mayfield? But the third quarterback story is Tom Brady and it's simple. I hate more than anything, I don't know. One of my biggest pet peeves is when women in twenty twenty six talk about their IX. I don't know why it bothers me because it's simply like, there's all things that are weird turn offs to all of us, but women love to harp on IX right, like, well, they're dumping nice guys because he jumped over a puddle.
Speaker 2: You guys both watched The Ultimatum, right, yeah, the latest season. How many of the girls and guys on there it talked about being vulnerable?
Speaker 1: Thank him for being vulnerable.
Speaker 2: He won't be vulnerable. That's why we can't get married vulnerable. That's the other one in twenty twenty sex.
Speaker 1: I feel like IX and vulnerability, but no like X to me, nothing bothers me more than a woman disqualifying a good guy because it's like he was bowling and he uh put up his leg or something like. You know. But there's something tom Brady did that I think is something a grown man should never do.
Speaker 2: And I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm never that guy that's like men shouldn't blank? Are you saying Tom Brady gave you the ick? Tom Brady? For as cool as he is, here's a guy that I I admire so much. I talk way too much about Tom Brady. We always talk about how post football, the guy's even cooler. Who's better than Tom Brady? He jumped in a lake or an ocean. He's on a boat a week in Alaska with my three best friends. It was a post he put out the trip of a lifetime. And I'm not debaiting that he went to Alaska with his kids and had some beautiful pictures. But the reason we waited till Friday to talk about this one is because I didn't realize at first what was going on in this photo. At first, I'm like, oh, look at him jumping, jumping in this beautiful body of water. Wait, wait a minute, it's Tom Brady holding his nose. Yes, yes he is. And I didn't see it right away. We would have talked about this on Wednesday. Had I seen as day? Had I noticed that?
Speaker 2: He didn't see this till Saturday.
Speaker 1: Seriously, what is that? He's a Hall of fame, he's the goat. He has to hold his nose when jumping into a lake. I will, I will, this is this is the hill I'll die on a grown man or a woman. No one should hold their nose. My kids are six and nine and I've already been like, no, no, we don't hold their nose. Star family doesn't hold noses. I remember in the eighties there was a time where you ever had that friend that's the real reason, Jasellet. Yeah, that was like debating what should I do when all a sudden she saw him hold his nose? That was the final strong.
Speaker 2: What's worse that? Or Covino on the stand up paddle board?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you remember that? And that was the weakest. But but Danny, I do think there's something very by the way I fell in front of my girlfriend Off the multiple times Off did say to you, Yeah, she said I gave her the dick. Yeah, ruined, like ruined any steamy time. I'll tell you that Tom Brady holding his nose though I don't know how. I don't know how you do it. Like I was saying in the nineties, do you remember there was a time period where there are certain kids that would show up at like the community pool with like nose plug, like the nose clip, like I'm here, I'm here to do some swimming. I don't know, dB, please tell me you not a nosehold present holder have been since day one.
Speaker 2: You guys sound like idiots, sound like elitist.
Speaker 1: Jerks right now, no doubt you nose plugs for Christmas.
Speaker 5: I don't use a nose plug. I plug my nose, Steve, it's straight. I don't need those plugs. I just put my hand there.
Speaker 1: But he does the old Ray ramono. Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 1: I don't know? To me, then don't jump in the pool. So walking if you have to hold your nose walk into the pool. It's really funny like step. But because I think you know anyone that follows Tom Brady or you just follow anything on social media, this picture was virals Tom Brady, I did not notice. You probably didn't notice that he's holding his nose when jump when doing his cannon ball. When he's jumping into the Alaskan Ocean. Do people that hold the nose just think water is going to go up it? I mean it does sometimes get up pick in your sinuses.
Speaker 2: It's not a good feeling. Gabriel Moreno. On our YouTube page, he says, my wife is a nose holder, and she tried to teach it to my son. It almost ruined our marriage. I'm one hundred percent with CNR.
Speaker 1: He has the lame look for like an NFL superstar, right. I mean, I'm not gonna judge any regular fella. He's just being a little vulnerable, but it's also his main pick. You're right, maybe it is the vulnerability that the women claim they want. David, did you have a bad experience where like just water went up your nose and you're.
Speaker 5: Like, no, every time it does. I don't know how people do it. I have no idea on how it doesn't go up your nose.
Speaker 1: Maybe everyone that holds their nose just maybe maybe you don't have the ability to sort of close it off or something. Maybe you subconsciously breathe out your nose in that moment of impact. And yeah, I don't know. But what's funnier about it is there's a whole carousel of beautiful pictures from his trip to Alaska with his family, and that's the one he chose as the main one. All Right, we got brainwave next, Cavino and Rich. You know, there's two types of people that let me make a big deal about their birthday and other people that are like, yeah, who cares, it was like a birthday. God, not one of the There's even worse though. There's the guy that takes off on his birthday. Oh if you're that guy, yeah, you're not allowed to do that. No, there's people that do this. Steve, who's a birthday guy. I'm a birthday He's a birthday He's a birthday guy. I'm a birthday a birthday guy. I'm a birthday he's a birthday guy. I start wearing my party hat tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The people who do the countdowns on social media for not for their actual birthday, but the birthday not.
Speaker 1: Worse than the grown man three days away from my birthday. Month.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm getting older now, and I'm like, I I appreciate the acknowledgment stuff, but I'm just like, I just want to move on my life.
Speaker 1: On the next year. I want to put Rich on the spot. What's worse the guy that takes off on his birthday or the guy that holds his nose when he's jumping into a pool. Holds his nose jumping in the pool, and I hate that. I hate that. I feel like it's a shot at buyer, but you can't hold your nose when you jump in the pool. Tom Brady, Damn Bayer and no one else. Because I went around the office here and without without making sense to the question, I went to some of the young editors and I'm like, hey, what do you think about you hold your nose when you jump in the pool. And everyone gave me the same answer, like, no, I held my nose when I went into sam studio. Sam, What do you look Gussie today?
Speaker 7: Bro on her, You've been mixing a lot of stuff back here, ice cream, juice.
Speaker 1: Coffee, water, hold your nose when you aner Sam's room.
Speaker 2: No, I've been respectful about it. On our YouTube chat, Lisa chimes in. She says, it makes you look youthful when you do it.
Speaker 1: That's a nice one to but at Lisa is always so positive it does. It's like Tom Brady and three year olds. My kid is somebody goes some of it, holds their nose, probably also uses a forking knife with pizza and bad habits. Well, anyway, let's all make sure we have great weekends. Okay, I want to know what are you doing to ensure your great weekend? Because can there's a few people that are having great weekends, same way, same way I can't the same way. I can't get. I can't get with the idea of a grown up holding their nose. I also have a hard time going to an amusement park and having a grown up tell me they're like scared of a ride. I don't know why. Like I like when someone's like, I'm not gonna go on that one, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's fast and the furious.
Speaker 1: But Danny, it's like you look at somebody like, yeah, you're forty years old, go on the ride. Yeah, I think I'm gonna sit this one out. You're thirty eight years old, you're fifty, go on the ride.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 1: It is like a few things that damn by. Please tell me your own roller coasters.
Speaker 2: I hate rides. I hate all of them. So also why I'm more of a Cavino guy.
Speaker 1: I hope to never be a rich status guy thirty hind and rich. You could push him later, that's I'll kneil right behind him.
Speaker 5: Just I've honestly thought about this. I've never been a rides person. I get motion sickness pretty easily. I take drama mean before I fly, the whole deal.
Speaker 1: Maybe that all ties together.
Speaker 2: No, but there is a.
Speaker 5: Point when you get to a certain age, like I just think it's like you're just kind of done with it. Like I don't know, I I that's the way that like I view it, even though I've never been in the game of an actual roller coaster, but at forty five, like I actually think, you know what, I think you're a loser if you're going on the roller coasters at forty five.
Speaker 2: Let the kids do it, like you're just supposed to stand there and hang out.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I used to hate though, you know what, I'm brainwashed. I'm brainwashed because my dad, oh Greg, he would tell me because I'd look around the amusement park and when we'd see like moms or dad just standing there waiting for their kids. My Dad's like, oh, they lose this. He would go on the rides and there's always one parent that had to wait by the stroller, and I remember thinking like, oh, I felt bad for the parent that would have to just wait there and like on stroller patrol.
Speaker 2: But I get it.
Speaker 1: If you have motions like this. Our video guys spot would always be like I need a Before he would go in on ride, he'd have to like take drama mean or put some patch by his ear or something. They won't be screaming on that fast and furious. He can't go on a cruise either.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I the cruise does not boats. Yeah, done one never Yeah, those things that's not appealing to.
Speaker 1: Me, gotcha. Yeah, I can see where a cruise is not appealing. I'm just saying most people with that motions sickness are like a cruise ship is there? Yeah, So check this out. When this show's over, I'm gonna go home. I'm gonna pack up. I'll tell you where Dan Byer's not going Universal Studios. I know he's not going.
Speaker 5: Like this magic mountain. Yeah, six flags, I've never been one. You've never gotten, never got gone through the gates. I'm going back East for the weekend, and it's gonna be nice. It is my birthday.
Speaker 2: Month.
Speaker 1: So my parents are like, hey, come home, go out to dinner with the family. I'm like, sweet, why not? Or how about this dad? Maybe I pull my dad out of retirement. My brother says he doesn't grill up the way he used to. So Danny, g get me one of those grilling aprons from my.
Speaker 2: Dad and I'll send that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe I have a little cookout with the family this weekend. So I'm trying to have a nice weekend because I have to do something while I'm in the city. I have to record something for the History Channel. But I'll be doing Monday show from the East coast. But that's my way of ensuring a nice weekend. I think I need a little dip away, a little getaway.
Speaker 2: Too bad to your Yankees are in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what, They'll got a pain in the ass teenage daughter, you know, to go and just escape for a second. I think it's good for me right now. So I'm going east. Then you got guys like Deebo Samuel get to sit back and relax. They got a one year deal back with the old team, and maybe he could retire with the old team, prove that he's worth another one year deal, but he got a one year, seven million dollar deal. Rich likes it. But like, what a nice weekend he's gonna have known that it's all signed and sealed and ready to go. And then the best weekend of it all Tom Holland's weekend. I don't know why people are making a bigger deal about the fact that Tom Holland is in The Odyssey and Spider Man, and I don't know, there's gotta be some record that's going to be broken with him in zin day, right, Like they're both in multiple movies that are making this much money, Like that's unheard of. Spider Man, they're saying it's gonna be the highest grossing movie of the year and The Odyssey. There is a two month wait for people that want to see it in seventy millimeter, like they say, which is the perfect way to see it. In fact, Danny, you hit us up with there were some websites that had a queue with thousands of people waiting.
Speaker 2: Forty thousand people waiting to see that seventy milimeter.
Speaker 1: Yeah that since they've extended it like another month or whatever, right, right, So think about it is Spider Man, by the way, like automatic number one this week. Yeah, it is, even if even though the Odyssey is still kicking that much ass. All right, So you got Tom Holland if you not piecing it together, he's in both movies like those are big time blockbuster numbers. Zindiana two and she's in Dune three. So she's having a summer now based on that. What are you doing to ensure great weekend, a great rest of your summer as August begins tomorrow? Let us know? And then, you know, I mentioned Deebo there because Rich really believes and I wrote this down. I wanted to bring that up again that because of this sort of solidifies them. He thinks they're still the team to beat. You know, No I'm not. That's the side note. But do you know they're saying, Spider Man brand new day, this is a big window. Usually they're like, my daughter is going tomorrow. You know how they usually say, let's go dude, all the movies sixty Ryan saw it already, he said it was great. You know how they always say I was projected to make and that number is usually within a few you know, maybe ten or twenty million. This is a big window. They're saying spider Man brand New Day could achieve a massive global opening weekend anywhere between four hundred and twenty five MILI and possibly up to eight hundred mil, depending what I'm like. That're saying in the US anywhere from one ninety five to maybe three hundred. That's crazy. Yeah, that's awesome. So the box office is back, and I think you Fox Sports Radio Nation can't be sleeping on it. I know it's expensive, I know it's like a hassle to leave the house sometimes, but it truly is the best experience in today's world of not being able to pay attention. You're always on your phone, you're always distracted at home, go to the theater, experience and make a night of it. Well, you got plans right there. We'll tell you more about that during weekend. It's also your last weekend before football. That's why there's not another weekend. There's not another weekend between now and February that football will not have begun.
Speaker 7: It depends on how much you weigh preseason football, which I don't care at all about, so for me, it's still a football doesn't start until week zero of college football.
Speaker 1: Our naps are being taken. Sam yam Sam.
Speaker 7: For exhibitions with a minority bodysure dink and I don't care about the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 2: I hate the It's football, It's NFL football.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Hate.
Speaker 1: I hate it, Damn Sam. So what do you? What are you doing? I'm sure a good weekend. What are you going to do to bring your best team?
Speaker 2: I was gonna watch w N B A. I might well tonight I will.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm working here on Sunday, so shorter weekend for me. By the way, audible for a second, I'm like Peyton Manning. Get the line of scrimmage with this. Your forehead looks like that out there? You did you see Britney Griner's wife. They're getting divorced. Brittney Griner is getting divorced, and I think Brittany Grinders on the filed and I just think that's wild, only because didn't that woman spend like so much time and effort trying to get her out of Russian prison. Yes, I'm not saying that's a lifetime pass of loyalty, but imagine you're with someone and tooth and nail, they fight and and protest and and and try to get get you out of a terrible situation and then you're free and you're like yeah later, I don't know, are you a little shocked that's so quickly that went south? I mean, I don't know who the headache is there? But isn't that the story with like George Lopez who needed a kidney and well, that's right, didn't you get a kidney from from his wife and then divorced? There that's something happened about. Spread rumors. But yeah, so based on the Tom Holland situation, because it really is crazy, and of course India, what's the best weekend in sports? That comes to mind? Do you have a best weekend ever? And what are you doing this weekend? Yeah? I mean that that's gotta be Tom Holland right now. That's insane. Yeah, honestly, I actually do agree with Rich. There has to be some sort of blockbuster record, some sort of that he's going to a break record, that he's going to break as far as how much revenue these films generated, how much money was made, because if these are breaking records, Yea and Odyssey and Spider Man are both this mammoth. These are huge summer blinds. I bet you as a record. I'll look it up, but I didn't. I didn't see what I looked like. Is there a no one's ever made more from movies in the box office in a month than Blank. I don't know, maybe like Sam Jackson or something like. But there's got to be all the sports. You think, what Dean Sanders played football and baseball this in the same weekend. Those are legendary moments. Well the Yankees, uh won the World Series the day after you became a dead That was your best, That was your best money that was in sixteen years. Might have been my best, like my most victorious weekend.
Speaker 2: It says Holland in his Better Half are on track to surpass Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's thirteen billion dollar record is the highest grossing acting couple. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a sweet power couple situation. They're in, too, says.
Speaker 2: If both films hit one billion, Holland will join an elite group of actors with multiple billion dollar hits in a single year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we bring it up because you know Rich and I were talking about before the show. We've been talking about it. Really haven't heard anyone else talking about it because we live in a social media world where people care about sports and social media and you know, music and stuff. I think the Hollywood actor doesn't get the love it got from like our parents generation. So a guy like Tom Holland certainly does not get the esteem of actors in the past. No, but congratulations him. Enjoy enjoying your movie, Enjoy your weekend, enjoy your beginning to August as summer winds down, because even here in La school starts again. And what August twelfth, I think August twelfth is, as our video producer spot points out, See, I don't know how to look at this. Like Zoe Saldana Salada, she has the record for most money when you combine all her movies together. But if they're not the lead the account that movie, Like if you have, if you have, like Samuel L. Jackson, based on all the movies, you would see what I'm saying, Like, if you are in a movie as like an Ansel character, do you feel like you should get credit for that movie? Like if you're maybe it was wise that you chose or you took that role, but it was offered to you. Yeah, But I'm saying, like sam if you like Zoe's Aldonia is great, but if she's a superhero in a franchise that just happens to dominate, but not like the.
Speaker 2: Main it's not quite the same thing.
Speaker 7: In the nineties, like Jim Carrey he had like he had like The Mask and Dumb and Dumber or something come out like in the same year. I know it didn't make as much money as these movies, but Jim Carrey had like this wrought run in the nineties of like Banger after Banger.
Speaker 1: Well, this was nineteen years ago, O seven And I only know this because I just recorded the countdown earlier today for series ex M Pop two K do the two thousands countdown every weekend and O seven, which feels like yesterday, nineteen years ago. That was the summer of Judd Appatol. That was the summer of Knocked Up. And that was the summer of all those all those Jutt Appetitel movies we loved in the in the two thousands, A lot of them were oh seven. I looked this up just for fun. The record for home runs hit by a single player and a standard three game weekend three game weekend series. How many home runs do you think what's the record this weekend? Aver six actually achieved in the modern era by Jose Abrau in twenty twenty. Damnit six home runs in one weekend. We'll have a great weekend. Have a great weekend, Tom Holland, which is gonna be insane. So and by the way, you can always hit us up if you've seen it in seventy millimeter and you really genuinely think, oh, it's worth it. It's gotta be. I mean it's uh, it's gonna be pricey, but not anything you can't afford. I was seeing it's like what fifty sixty bucks?
Speaker 2: I saw it in Dolby and it was a great experience.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's back, even if you have a film buff and you really want to make it back. Keen of it? Does Steve Cavino have that keen of an eye? How do you know if you don't know what you're missing? You know, like you're not seeing the whole picture the way it was meant to be filmed. You're not seeing the entire You're not seeing Matt Damon sandals. Like I said, you're not seeing all of it.
Speaker 7: I hear you see something of Matt Damon.
Speaker 1: Oh really, shot.
Speaker 7: My friend saw it and he said, you do see some of Matt Damon. He's like, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's wearing a helmet like that. What you mean passing another helmet? Oh yeah yeah, outdoor plumbing? What thank you?
Speaker 7: What was he looking for? I didn't see anything, like yeah, I know. My friends like, yeah, you see his his member.
Speaker 1: We'll see that. Because you didn't see it, you didn't see the full cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This is also the second time Sam has brought this up today, and you guys running earlier. But he has some reason he's loving to talk about that. What was the point of that? Just to add some authenticity.
Speaker 1: I genuinely think Sam just lost. Someone just want to bet they got Sam to say it in correct, fact, they made a bet Sam.
Speaker 2: Wait, was he was?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll say he.
Speaker 2: Said it was my friends and it was in there.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just saying that to see if you say a national radio multiple times. Now, all listen, we're gonna play Brainwave. Next, we'll do some weekend hob nobb and get into the weekend and touch on the NFL a little more as we get closer again last weekend before the NFL officially preseason wise kicks off. So we've got more Conveni and Rich next on Fox Sports Radio. Enjoy the movies, enjoy some sports, some good games, and now it's time to enjoy some prizes in a game we call Brainwave.
Speaker 2: Let's go do Coveno and Rich really share the same brain.
Speaker 1: Chatting Chadny Rave something, Joe Demasure You is their crew not far behind. We're one.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Brainwave.
Speaker 1: Try to make sense of the brain.
Speaker 2: It's easy. We drop fun, sports, music, and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win. I love that.
Speaker 1: On the count of three, reveal Brainwave O one, two, three, Yeah, yeah, walked in.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're on the same way planks right now. All right, Happy Friday. Let's get it going. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try and match the brain of CNR and the crew. All right, Gonna get our contestant from the studio lines and then I'll explain the rules. Matt in Chico, California was the first three.
Speaker 1: Hey what's up, Matt?
Speaker 6: Matt?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, what do you do? For a living there. I'm a delivery driver for all the SHEEPO. Okay, cool, nice man. The guys are messing around with their dry erase.
Speaker 1: Boards, I wrote, I wrote Rich loves taboo, but that already knows what it is. I wrote, rich loves taboo from the black eyed peas. All right, Matt, turning out random black eyed p for Jack, I think you love taboo. You know who it is.
Speaker 2: Here's how the game works. I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant, you, Matt, need to win two of the rounds to be the champ and walk away with one of those hot CNR summer grilling aprons. I'm going to ask a question and then give three equal answers to choose from the six of us on the show. Here are going to write down our ends on the dry erase boards instead of goofing around with them. And then on the count of three, you shout out your answer, trying to match with four out of the six of us to win the round or no matter Matt's answer. If all six of us happen to match, it is a backdoor cover. All right, all right, round one, you guys.
Speaker 1: Ready, let's go. Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the relationship category. Your partner wins a free trip, but because of your work schedule, you can't go. Who should they take their best friend, a family member or go alone? I think about it. Your partner wins a free trip, but because of your schedule you can't go. Who should they take their best friend, a family member or go alone? Locked in loading, locked, cool, and Matt, We need your answer. On the count of three, one, two, three, best friend, says best friend Steve Covino.
Speaker 1: Let's say you absolutely, best friend, because you want to ensure a great time. Right, family could be annoying. Best friend, you know you're gonna have a good time. Nobody who would make their spouse go alone? One of the guys on the ultimatum, Seriously, she said that one thing is a sleezy looking The sleezy looking guy with a slick tair. He told the girl he was with, like, you're not allowed to have friends.
Speaker 2: Stated he said, best friend. Okay, let's go. Emmy sitting in for the game here, who'd you say, Oh this microphone button there?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Sorry, technical error back here, check chuck, chuck, technical error.
Speaker 2: Emmy, Well, he said best friend too. All right, so three for three. We need one more point, Dan Bayer, you got it here, BFF, best friend okay, Internet on Internet argued about this one a little bit. There's more jealous people out there than you think. Oh, I also said best friend.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, look at it said go have a great time with your best team.
Speaker 2: All right, so we would have been six or six anyways, technical error over here. All right, Matt, you're halfway to see in our grill and apron already. Let's go to the Let's go to the sports category in training camp, A significant injury to which position on your favorite football team would hurt the start of the season. More you're running back, you're starting running back, you're starting middle linebacker, or you're starting left tackle. All right, so it's training camp right now. Significant injury to which position on your favorite football team would hurt the start of the season for them. More you're starting running back, you're starting middle linebacker, or you're starting left tackle. Everybody locked, locked, yes, okay, and Matt, we need your answer one, two, three, he says, left tackle. We go in reverse order. Iowa, Samuel, what do you think, Matt? We are on the same brain wave. I think you lose your left tackle throws everything off. They call him the mic linebacker. He's like the brain of your defense. So I went middle linebacker, Dan byer Ball, no is no left tackle, all right, left tackle, Emmy, I went running back. I need that truck.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could spot start all these guys, but left tackle must protect the quarterback. It comes down to I was on the same brain wave as Danny g.
Speaker 2: It's that brain of the defense.
Speaker 1: Linebacker. All right, yeah, I can get it now. But that's that was my first though. It's okay, we got more categories here. Let's go to round three. I'm calling this the getting sniped category. Well, they'll go back to that last one. Use my team that's injured more than any other team, Trent Williams. That changes everything. I know, not everyone's big Trent, but like think about that. Starting that's starting left tackle is make or break any of to developed rhythm and christ It's like and so you need you need an offensive line, a healthy one to open up holes for whatever whoever running back. That might be exactly your team.
Speaker 2: Has been A thin linebacker's mind has for so many years.
Speaker 1: Every who can make their own reason I just know that I've seen teams fall apart without their left tackle.
Speaker 5: Danny's team also hasn't had an offensive line healthy for a while as well.
Speaker 2: Very true, all right, round round three? Getting sniped. Wesley Snipes turned sixty four today. So tell me this which legal charge against you would keep you up the most at night? Tax evasion, credit card fraud, or insider trading. He got accused of all these things, he got he no, he got in trouble for tax evasion. So I'm saying, which of these three would keep you up the most at night in his honor? Tax evasion, credit card fraud, or insider trading? Basically, which would you least want your name attached to? All Right, we're all writing our answers down, all right, all right, which keeps you up the most at night? If you have one of these charges? Everybody locked in, all right, Matt one two three act, He says, tax evasion. Steve Covino, what you said, Oh it's to me? No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I'm up. I'm up. That recently haunted Carlos smithsia right, I don't know. I hear about that a lot, so not that it's okay they're all terrible, but the most like low life answer would be credit card fraud. I thought, what a trash bag my thoughts? All right, So first of all, this first one again, tax evasion. I a lot of times when people do shenanigans with taxes, they had the opportunity before they go to prison like that, can you pay it? Credit card fraud depends on if the person you frauded wants the charges pressed instead of treating your ft, if you somehow get a cues of inside of trading. I watched it. Maybe I watched too many like money shows, but you get you would get screwed.
Speaker 2: All right, Emmy, I've got tox evasion because IRS doesn't play all right, dB.
Speaker 5: I think we can all understand and not wanting to pay taxes and who wouldn't want some inside information?
Speaker 2: But credit card fraud is all on the edge. Yeah that's true, you know. I think insider trading rich. I'm on the same brain wave as you. I think you can get up to twenty years for that. So that should probably keep you up the most that night. Iowa, Sam, We're all over the place, and you were right Cove it was. We switched back and forth technical technical.
Speaker 7: I think I said credit card fraud, because that's you're it's like stealing someone's identity?
Speaker 1: Is I should have said that to that's probably that's like dirt bank behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody who coaches now that we all know, still has that following him around it this day. All right, let's go to round four. You have two more categories here, Matt, to get one to win. Let's go to music. Which one of these one hit wonder jams would get the biggest reaction at your backyard party? Don'ts say? It's forty to fifty year old's there with you? Which of these one hit wonder jams would get the biggest reaction at your back door backyard party?
Speaker 1: Patron all the picture in all the middle aged bought moms and dads from my kids teams exact exactly.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: To fifty year old.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go all right here, here's the three one hit wonders. What's up by four? Non blondes Cavino, could you sing a little bit of that for us?
Speaker 1: And dah say hey yay yay yay, hey yay y You don't want to give the beginning of this twenty five years bet that's why that was a.
Speaker 2: One hit one. Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The second song to choose from Mambo number five by lou Bega.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rich, would you like to sing that one? By myself?
Speaker 2: Or informer by Snow? I always say I'm gonna just sing some of that. Oh yeah, all right, So which of those one hit wonder jams we get the biggest reaction at your backyard party? Four non blondes lou Bega were snow while writing our answers down? Oh man, I know tough one. All right, everybody locked in?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, locked in, Matt.
Speaker 2: We need your answer on the count of three one two, three, first one, four non blondes. Okay, Now we start with Iowa, Sam.
Speaker 1: Well, you already tipped off my answer.
Speaker 7: I don't want lou Bega within five hundred yards of my home, and four non blondes is fine, but I went with in former end by Snow.
Speaker 2: He gets a point for me. I said, four non blondes the way seeing our were harmonizing. I've heard people do that when you play it on big speakers.
Speaker 5: Dan Byer that day I added snowflakes if you can see it on the stream informer for snow.
Speaker 2: All right, Emmy, I've got mambo number five.
Speaker 1: What's one through four? Anybody knows it's not hit, Rich Davis, Yo, snow is a hit informer. That's that's retro.
Speaker 2: People would love that, all right, all right, So matthat mathematically he's out of it with Covino.
Speaker 1: Snow turn in former. As soon as those horns hit banan It, I'd be pumped. Ye.
Speaker 2: All right, it comes down to the last category, Matt. Let's go back to sports. Your favorite baseball team is in last place right now in July thirty first, Sorry, Rich, What would you rather see? They go on a win streak but still have no shot at the wild card. They hold steady with the roster and regroup in the off season, or they build for the future by trading away a couple players before the deadline next week. So the three choices. They go on a win streak but still don't make the wild card. They hold steady with the roster and regroup in the off season, where they build for the future by trading away a couple players before the deadline next week. All right, we're all writing our answers down. Everybody locked, locked, all right, Matt, on the count of three, we need your answer one two, three. I'm an aeon BI for the future. Trade away, he says, Trade away, Steve Covino, what do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm a sucker. I want to see the wind streak. Sorry, I want to see something to.
Speaker 2: Rout for Rich Davis Mets suck. Trade them all, tradeble a point. I think it's time to regroup, regroup, he says, dB. Wait, wait, which one's regroup? That was the second one. This is not a point for dB. Sell sell, sell, trade them. I'm like Coveno. I'd rather get some good mojo going with a win streak.
Speaker 1: So you the Mets, what would winning do it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's give you something to.
Speaker 2: Watch, root for something to some momentum in the next season, maybe, I said, old steady. Sorry, dude, Matt, We thank you for listening every day there in Chico, and thanks for playing the game.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Man, that's the name of the game. Brainway.
Speaker 2: He started, he started so well, he won the first round.
Speaker 1: Then couldn't That was an easy one? Sorry, man, that one was Yeah, that was good informat. Yeah, snowball turn in former and not a very popular karaoke song. No, that's a great one.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: What was the other one he had?
Speaker 2: I don't know it was.
Speaker 1: But I need another lever? Do you remember that? But it was something about but I need another lever? Anyway, Coveno and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, don't miss our Best of the Week podcast. Remember it drops tomorrow morning, six am Eastern on Apple or wherever you get your podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich. Danny G produces our best of the week. Is it girl, I've been hurt by a girl? I've been hurt. I've been hurt, but I need another.
Speaker 7: Cove real quick. Do you remember Jim Carrey on in Living Color? He he clowned on Vanilla Ice? Andy did an informer music. I remember the Vanilla Ice. I don't remember White rappers were getting clowned on by Jim Carrey, Girl, I've been hurt?
Speaker 1: Which can you know? Just saying that was a top twenty hit, I'm not saying it was a hit, but can you call snow in former one hit? Wonder if they had another song that former was so big?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Rich, it's it was such a big hit. He couldn't even recover from it.
Speaker 1: No, of course, But I'm saying, technically, if he had a song, it wasn't a number one, so yeah, but no, but I'm saying if he had another song that was a top twenty.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say one hit wonder, but snow Informer still listed as one of the top one hit wonders of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Are you're right? It'say? Well, thank you guys for playing brain Wave. Thank you guys for hanging out with us all week Now it's time for weekend hob nominal. Let's do it live in for the weekend.
Speaker 2: You're winning bets for talking points if you get stuck socializing.
Speaker 3: You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 2: You ever dance with the devil in the panel line?
Speaker 1: Friday brings us.
Speaker 2: Weekend hob.
Speaker 1: No me getting you ready for Monday. So you know what's going on, so you know what to talk about. Now. I gotta give Danny g to credit because he got on. He's like, yo, man, you're making me said, you're not taking my advice. He's like, you gotta watch Kate Foze. Send you whack whack whack if you're not watching this. So I got Apple TV. I started watching Kate Fear and now I can't wait for the final episode tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You get the new episode, the final episode, long waited final episode of Kate Fear tonight on Apple TV. UFC Fight Night Metitch versus Rodriguez, So you got some UFC tomorrow night and some boxing. You got Lamont Roach versus William Zapeta on his own, So that'll be on his own for the WBC Lightweight strat Roach Sapada over promises our bonus pod. You could watch it, you could listen, but it's a show twenty two to twenty three minutes. Watch it and enjoy. We talk about the Lebron jersey rage, Lebron's saleming jerseys man and the rules of jerseys. We talk about ASU. They now have Influencer as a major at ASU. Would you pay for your kids tuition if they wanted to be an influencer major. We talk about that and more, plus backyard must haves like backyard activity must haves. As we get into August, It's all on over promised episode one nine right here on our YouTube channel. All Right, documentaries. If you're into documentaries, I don't know if you guys have watched any of these, give me the thumbs up or thumbs down. Toxic Love Story good one, Yeah yeah, all right, as we say, this is about a woman that almost ends up like in prison. I don't want to give the details, but it's worth the watch.
Speaker 2: Got a crazy X right, it's a wild story.
Speaker 1: The if You're off man, it's so disturbing. But Idaho murders those college kids that got killed. There's a new documentary with more details about that horrific crime you saw. He's trying to change his pleats and not guilty.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 1: Bombing of pan Am one oh three. Another sad documentary. Maybe it's maybe it's not a sad documentary Weekend? How about we light it up with seventy two? Did you see this one? It is a movie featuring Kevin Hart. It's described as to save his career in Marcelo Hernandez That one. Marcelo Hernandez, he's a forty something and to save his career, he thinks it's a good idea to join all the young dudes at his office for a bachelor party weekend.
Speaker 2: Haven't we seen a movie like this before?
Speaker 1: I hear it is just okay. But I like both guys and they have great chemistry Marcelo and Kevin Hard. So listen, it's an hour and forty minutes. If you can't give up that, then you know what do you want me to tell you himself? That's what I got to say. That's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: If I could get to the theater having a toddler, I would love to go to Spider Man. And in fact, Cole might let me watch half that. It's his birthday weekend. So see you guys at Chuck E Cheese on Sunday, Check Cheese, Brenda my watch, he wants to watch Which the Devil Wears product too. It is now on Disney Plus. If you're a fan of the first one that's now available.
Speaker 1: The first one was really good, a really good movie. If you ever had a tough boss. I think anybody could relate to that movie. I was Sam, what are you watching? Buddy?
Speaker 7: If you go, you know, w n B a week tonight, maybe you'll try to find a ticket to the Odyssey tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know you're in it. Got Danny G's a birthday party. I'll be there. Well, are you gonna be playing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna play? It that you try to knock the little uh? I haven't been inside of Chuck E. Cheese for decades, so we'll see. It's gonna do um in the ballpit. There you go. We'll see you guys on Monday. Have a great one. Until then, I Riven there chebe in the promise.
Speaker 2: Today's Friday.
Speaker 7: Later