Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Eh Man play clouds.
Speaker 3: We are here, here, here, here, here, here, there is over players not bout to you by Tostitos Berry Churches in the house and then surprised I didn't see you today at the Ryder Cup Captain's Pigs.
Speaker 2: I should have been there, I should have been on. I'm on the way though, I'm on the way. I'm telling you, no brothers on the team.
Speaker 3: Harrison is here, Dan picking Man, that's crazy, got calling my record. You know we have a minority.
Speaker 2: I ain't good.
Speaker 3: No, not one of the six captains. No, danimn craig Man, all right, all good, Newie Scruggs. That that that is me.
Speaker 4: And I and I am him, so we might as well just jump.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. What's that twenty? What's that twenty? Now? Twelve? Okay?
Speaker 5: This mirror, mirror, Okay, you go. You got to bring them all in one time, you should take a picture on the car, you know.
Speaker 4: I Mike did that with all the you know you need to.
Speaker 2: Put that in front, and you got the Jay's too. You got your one.
Speaker 6: You gotta congratulations though, that's big man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I got to bring my daughter with me and teared up talking about it because she's born on the twenty fifth of July, and I remember when she was born two thousand and six. Six days later, I ended up going to training can because Terrell Owens was on the team that year. My boss was from Philadelphia, so she knew all that to did for their TV experience, so she's like one in there. So ended up six days later going out there. So left wife and my mom with two small girls and they handled it. So a lot of times I missed her birthday this year, like now I'm not gonna miss it year on your senior year, and so I wanted her to be there and experience it, and I thanked her for always you know, and got you all, all three of you understanding though you have made sacrifices in your life where you feel at times like you know you weren't there for your family, but you're also doing what you need to do for.
Speaker 2: Them so you can provide the lifestyle. So that was.
Speaker 4: Cool, hugged Haley Sutton.
Speaker 3: She got off the stage after she won Dallascowboys dot Com and no, we we got emotional because I was like, you know, you should, you should do it.
Speaker 4: And then when she got nominate, like, you know, go go to show because you can win.
Speaker 3: And then Kyle YO, mean, same thing I taught to Kyle and his wife and we were eating seafood restaurant out in ox Start, and I said, you have a fifty percent chance of winning because the Emmy, the Emmy nominations gave him I saying you should wear tux. He wore the tucks anybody he won.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 3: Then of course Isaiah stand back, you know, watching him when getting big hug, when he got to stay, he almost didn't walk over.
Speaker 2: Get his get his Emmy trophies, go back.
Speaker 3: And then of course, uh, mister Ferguson here at Dallas Cowboys dot Com, I think he won. I mean even like Lebron out did not one, not two, not three, he probably un but with five of them, a great job by the Dallas Cowboys dot Com team.
Speaker 2: I mean, no one.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone more won more Emmys than Dallas Cowboys. Uh, media, it was, it was. It was a heck of a night. So uh to be a part of it. But just really, man and watch other people who you haven't seen when those first ones.
Speaker 4: That was magical. Man, it was really cool. And yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 3: So I got to be on a part of a good night with a whole lot of people so appreciated fellaws.
Speaker 4: So now talk about people care about Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: Cowboys gave up next year's fourth round pick to get the twenty twenty one number three overall quarterback that the San Francisco forty nine ers gave.
Speaker 4: Up three number one picks.
Speaker 5: Four.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with you positive heck spin on this. He just hit us with the lit.
Speaker 7: Yes, God, that's wild, put it on and put it put it light on, Maga hot hots.
Speaker 2: What about Trey Lance? What do you want me to say about that?
Speaker 5: Big h You know, look, it's probably a move that's made for future insurance. People will talk about leverage with Trey Lance and all that. I didn't look at the move as as anything short of a young, up and coming quarterback that possibly could be developed in your system.
Speaker 2: That's all I saw.
Speaker 5: I didn't see any of the Dak competition arguments. I didn't think that this was a It couldn't be a If it's a leverage move, then you up the standards on who the guy is, his experience in the NFL, all of those things. So I don't think that Dak, excuse me, Dak is threatened by bringing in Trey Lance. I think if anything for Dak after Trey Lance has been bought on, for me, if I want to put a positive spin on it, I hope that Dak embraces Trey Lance, takes him under his wing and teaches him everything that he needs to know about playing the quarterback position, because I doubt he got that when he was in San Francisco from Garoppolo or anybody else that was trying to help him develop as a quarterback. This a young guy six three, two hundred and twenty five pounds and can run, the armstrength, decision making, all of those things need to be settled. I mean, he's very inexperienced, won the job last year but then lost it do the injury, and you know, mister relevant Josh Wally, he.
Speaker 2: Ran, he ran out with the bag. So yes, Sammy came and got it too.
Speaker 5: He got got and so but look, man, no one's welcomed his brother to Dallas. So welcome the cowboy nation, my man, Trey Lance. And look, like I said, if you guys are gonna try and stir the pot and say that this in some way is Dak needing to be on his best behavior because Trey Lance is standing behind him, I'm gonna be really intrigued by that, right, Oh you want me to go, yeah, I listen. I think I think that the most confusing part is what everybody else is talking about him, like we're not gonna tell nobody that we're gonna that we're going to get the guy, uh and and not telling people, which you got the right not to do that. But then now it's a big thing, right because now everybody knows. And then, like you said, you get to see Dak out there. He didn't look happy, uh with having to answer the question or his response. They didn't look happy. He didn't look happy doing that either. I do think it's a little strange for whatever, for whatever we want to say, all right, yeah, it's not this is not that the timing of it. You know, with contract coming up, Dak has been injured for the last couple of years where he had to miss time.
Speaker 2: So you look at it and you say, let's for Dak more man, what's up with Cooper Rush?
Speaker 5: My man did nothing last year but prove that he was probably probably one of the most serviceable backups in the league. All right, Now, now you got Trey Lance coming up in here, right and Dak coming up on a contract issue next season, a guy who has been injured. So if Dak misses tom now, now you're gonna have that conversation of like who who is it? Is it Cooper Rush or is it Trey Lance? And then you said develop him for what?
Speaker 2: Why? Develop them into what the.
Speaker 5: First round that they hoped that he was gonna be when they had him on the draft board, Because if that happens, then what if you are a to develop Trey Lance into what you had hoped he would be, then what And then you already hope that Dak is what you've paid him to be, eighty million dollars to be a championship quarter a caliber quarterback. Two things, This is my new saying. Two things can be true. At the same time, two things can be true. Dak is still Dak. He has he can't be threatened by God. I'm not saying that should be threatened. I'm talking about the decision to do it. You pick him up, like you said, you said, probably to develop him into being what everybody had hoped he would be when San Francisco gave up all those picks and you say, number three pick in the draft. He has the potential to be Scott. His potential sky high. Right, Okay, change of scenery here, coming over to Dallas. Now we're gonna get him and we're gonna hopefully develop him into what we had thought he was going to be. Once you reach that point, right, if you do, if you are able to develop him into the number three pick, the guy would all the potential.
Speaker 2: Then what.
Speaker 5: Then you hope another team wants him and you can potentially use that as a bargainership for a higher trade. That's what I believe, because if you're paying eighty million dollars to a quarterback, Dak is about to be extended. How many more years did that does that give him on his contract? Are we talking about another three four years with Dak? On contract here the Dallas Cowboys, and I think within three to four years that development that we're talking about with Trey Lance will have happened in that bargainership could be parlayed into higher picks they extended. All right, that's you just you just just said that that's what's only horizon for dak So No, I didn't say that. Okay, I didn't say nothing about so you don't so you don't feel as though this team is going to extend. I said, there's a contract issue coming up next year where you are going to decide.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have to decide.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying in the meantime, you got a number three pick that's behind Cooper Rus.
Speaker 2: What people are gonna say, all right, well why is he here? Why? Then?
Speaker 6: I mean, I understand it a little, but I guess, you know, overall, I just think it was a strange move when I think about it, because look what we're talking about a guy in Trei Lance. Yes, he was a third overall pick, but I mean, look, the guy's inexperience. He played what seventeen games in college total? Maybe if that you know, came here, couldn't really beat out the guys that he needed to beat out to become that guy. So I don't think Dak's threatned at all, you know by traad. To me, I think it was a strange move because you can use that fourth to address some other issues on the squad.
Speaker 4: I think there's more priorities on the squad.
Speaker 6: Than getting up guy that maybe can contend for a backup and maybe he has a high ceiling and can beat this guy.
Speaker 2: But to me, you were.
Speaker 6: Set, you had Cooper Rush at the backup quarterback. You could have developed will grit. Nobody's asking will Grid to come out here and be, you know, something special, but he could have got developed in there. There's other needs on this team, talking about the offensive line that I think we could have spent the fourth round or on to bring someone in. I mean, you talk about guys that we have here, now, well let's go. He was basically red shirted shoulder injury.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 6: I mean, they say nothing's really wrong with him, but you know, can he withstand seventeen games? We know what you know, seventy seven can have you know, can happen on that side. So I just feel like there was there was we could have took that fourth rounder and could have addressed other needs on the team besides a backup quarterback. I understand he could be super athletic and the ceiling is high, but when you're already set at that position, I mean, I just don't see why.
Speaker 2: That's why did we address a backup quarterback need? And that's another So that's that's why.
Speaker 5: That's what makes it more confusing, Like why so, so then what next He's just gonna be back up here with Cooper Rush's there, or we think we're gonna lose Cooper Russ.
Speaker 2: Like what I'm it's not my you know, not mine.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush was a free agent at the end of this season and no one picked him up and he ended up resigning with us. So why is it okay to develop Will Grier but not developed Trey Lance a talent that you know that the ceiling is a lot higher than Will Greer. I mean, moves are made all the time, and that's that's just one that was made. Nobody's crying about the fourth round draft pick that that was giving up because you can always pick up another one during the season.
Speaker 2: So I mean, listen, I like that.
Speaker 5: I can tell you like them a lot of course I do, of course, but even with that sarcasm, me and you both know that Dak's back is against the wall and he has to perform this year, even for that contract that you're talking about, right, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but that's what we're saying, though.
Speaker 5: We said the timing based off the fact that we do know that Dak needs to perform this year, and the timing of picking up that draft pick is what makes it like, oh, now you have to really think about why it happened versus if this was Dak just signing this contract a couple of years ago, then you wouldn't have that same thought. Then it would be more of like, oh, yeah, they just developed, developing him and then hopefully they can use him as a trade piece. The timing of like people have been talking about extending Dak and then all of a sudden you go trade a fourth to get a guy to come in here is what makes it questionable. Even if it's not, it's just the timing has you have to start asking those questions just because of the time of the situation.
Speaker 3: So Dallas looked they looked at a quarterback this year the draft, and Jerry Jones openly talked a lot about Duggan of TCU, a player. They didn't take it, but they smoke about we were looking at a quarterback. I remember a couple of years ago being telling me, if I'm correct you, I actually go pull up my book here. But what was it maybe three four years ago? They use a fifth round pick on Mike White. So we're talking about a Day three pick, which is basically when Jerry drafts guys. Stephen McGee was a Day three pick as a fourth rounder as well. So you gave up a Day three pick for a position that you could have potentially taken issue, but you didn't because you didn't have the guy you wanted you and you could have taken next year looking at that, So, I don't understand the issue of people like, oh my gosh, fourth round pick or third day pick, that's when they were going to do.
Speaker 2: They were never using the first or second.
Speaker 3: Round or third round pick on a quarterback. That's just not Jerry's mo. Secondly, many times on this Dallas Cowboys dot Com, these podcasts, people have openly said you should do what Ron Wolf used to do, draft a quarterback each year, always be developing a guy.
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy's spoken about developing guys.
Speaker 3: When Bill Parcels was here, he used to say, I want to turn the bottom of the rosters. At the bottom of the roster is constantly going to be changing around. I'm looking for people to take your job. Will Greer, as you spoke about, Okay, nice player, But is he put your chips down on Will Greer or twenty three year old Trey Lance. I would put my chips down a twenty three year old Trey Lance. If he develops into something, fine, it's a lottery ticket. If he doesn't, you move the way out the door. People tell me, oh my gosh, you're gonna make five million dolls because it makes nine hundred twenty four million dollars. Well, we trying to say Jerry Jones money for Jerry money. He's gonna figure it out. I'm not as offended as cowboy fans are.
Speaker 4: Trey Lance is due to start four games in this league.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know this offense. Will Green and I spoke to Will when he first came here. After that first he said, man, I had to spend whole year playing catchup because you guys already know, haven't played it. Instaul's already over you trying to run up in here. Now I learn it, you know, it's look yeah like Calculus book. So Trey Lance this year for him to do something that means people got to get hurt. Okay, folks got to get hurt in order of him to get on the football field. This is about Trey Lance learning the offense. Then we go into camp next year, let's see.
Speaker 2: What he can do.
Speaker 4: But this this thing is not like the folks at the debate shows wanted to make you think that this dude right behind him, like Michael.
Speaker 3: Vick was going up here to play Philadelphia, and you had Donavannah.
Speaker 2: This ain't it. This ain't that. But and I'll end this thing here.
Speaker 3: Bill Walsh went around the room in San Francisco and asked all his assistants, which included guys like Mike Holgrid, we had an opportunity to trade for Steve Young. Everybody raised your hand and want Steve Young. Nobody raised their hand. Bill waltsh went out the door and he already made the trade. He thought there was something in Steve Young that he wanted to have. Keep in mind, at this point time, Joe won Super Bowls. You know, Joe's been the guy that coaches assistant comes to me, that's our guy. They didn't want any competition. I think Bill Walsh was proven correct.
Speaker 5: Bill wash asked the question after he'd already done it. I asked for a mission.
Speaker 3: What you think about it when you when your head coach?
Speaker 2: He g is, I'm gonna give you all opportunity. No, I love it, Bill.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick drafts Jimmy Garoppolo while he's got doc.
Speaker 2: Did he ask Tom? And asked Tom? It's what it was. I mean this this.
Speaker 3: If Stephen Jones is going to be true to what he says, we're in the talent acquisition business in a three three sixty five, Okay, then it's three sixty five. If Dak Prescott goes out and does his job, guess what, it's nothing, it's nothing. He controls so much of this conversation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he controls it.
Speaker 5: So that's why that's why, that's why I think the issue comes in at to where, Okay, if he doesn't he controls it. Right, Let's say he has an off season and that that's when that's when it becomes an issue. Not we're not We're not this isn't an issue. Like I say, if he goes out and he's the Dak Prescott that doesn't like it's not an issue, then it's an issue if it doesn't, if it doesn't work out that way.
Speaker 4: As the Cowboys turn isn't it is cut down down.
Speaker 3: It is cut down day, and the official roster of who's going to be released. It's still a couple hours away from here, but let's just give our own thoughts as we're kind of we talked before, keeping three tight ends, keep three?
Speaker 2: What do we do here?
Speaker 3: What do you want to see? Especially now that Trey Lance is taking away a spot from somebody. He's gonna be on this fifty three. He's gonna be on the fifty that's another one.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, is what it is? This team gives us so much to talk about.
Speaker 3: That's why we tune in to the players loude brought to you by Tostitos right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped.
Speaker 8: He'll look for a first styn just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands twenty eleven, They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Hush Scot's gonna rub thiship show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 5: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To kick off the.
Speaker 10: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: To the players lounge.
Speaker 5: The Emmy Award winning docuseries Deep Blue, presented by Pepsi, is back. Check out these seasons this season's fourth episode on Cowboy. It's now YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook or visit Dallas Cowboys dot com Slash deep Blue.
Speaker 4: All right, heck Ma Harrison, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: This is season.
Speaker 3: Dropping rock bodys on you. Yes, players, lounge sts. That is heck Ma Harrison, Bury Church former Cowboys safety. He is Danny McCrae, former Cowboys safety.
Speaker 2: I'm new he scruggs. Okay. I feel like we left that.
Speaker 3: Last segment that there was some there was there was still people still have thoughts and feelings.
Speaker 2: About Trey Lance and Dak president.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, my listen, it's not. I don't think that Trey Lance is here to take Dak Prescott spot. I think, like I said, the reason why it's such a big deal is the people are if you say, all right, Trey Lance is here, we're already trying to see what Dak Prescott is gonna do. Coming off two back to back losses San Francisco forty nine ers, he did not show up like like we expect him to show up, right, and then he led the league interceptions last season, So people are saying, if that continues, if that's if that, if that's the thing that's gonna happen this year, that's when this could possibly blow up into something big. I don't believe that Trey Lance is out here to take Dak Prescott' spot, but I believe you then open it up to the conversation to where if the season starts off and it's rough, there will be a conversation because the contract talks are gonna come into that. And then also, we picked up Trey Lance. Do I think he's better than Dak and he I know, I don't, But that's that's going to be the conversation. It's a natural conversation to have.
Speaker 6: So you think it's just like it'll be unnecessary drama if if we end up starting rough early.
Speaker 5: Listen, if you get bounced out the first round of playoffs and have a bad game, again, is it unnecessary?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know season.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying, yeah, okay, you go back to early in season. You gotta know the offense.
Speaker 3: Well, Greer just spoke a couple of days ago about feeling comfortable knowing the checks and everything else.
Speaker 6: I ain't talking about the cold, is Dad like, I'm sure they like, man, there's no I'm talking about the outside noise outside and people say all the.
Speaker 4: Time, Hey, I'm not hearing that I don't talk.
Speaker 5: About it, That's exactly And and what we were specifically talking about was Dak in the preseason interview where it seemed like he was bothered by the questions that he was getting about the acquisition of Trey Lance and the way that he answered, And to me, I noticed like Dak seemed a little bit more edgy. If you know Dak the way he answers questions, he seems very scripted. He's always on cold with everything that he has to say. For the first time I saw him in eyebrows all the way up to his camp. He was he was he was a little hot. He was a little bit of intense about the situation. And I felt that it was more or less. And when I saw that, I was like, Man, Dak, is Dak reading his news. He's seeing what these people are saying about him, and it's and as much as you want to say that he's oblivious to it, he's got to be hearing the whispers about interceptions in training camp. Man, oh, if Dak does this and what the expectations is as a lot of pressure on him, Yes, knew he.
Speaker 3: I think was there anybody who had more folks talking about their job and had the replacement lined up and in the building and out of the building. The Mike than Mike, absolutely nobody Mike McCarthy and I remember talking to Tony Dungee and Jason Garrett. We had interviews with the NBC and I asked them both about the pressure and what's going on, and he said, Mike's not gonna worry about He's going to go out and coach his team.
Speaker 4: He's going to control the building. That's what he can do.
Speaker 2: And he did it.
Speaker 3: And if Dak has any issues or questions that someone should tell him the same thing.
Speaker 2: Go do this.
Speaker 3: Or Tom Brady was here, Hey, Tom, had you handled when Jimmy Garoppolo came around? You're on Your uncle played with Terry Bradshaw who they took them one of the draft and for a while Terry was not good. That had Joe Gillam started started for the CEOs on that Super Bowl team.
Speaker 4: So this comes with the meal. We've seen great players who have to go through this.
Speaker 3: John Elway watched Tommy Maddox o LD Bell get drafts in the first round. John kept on playing.
Speaker 5: So most recently Green Bay just did the same thing, thank you, But but that doesn't take away from him not being able to feel played about the situation, like that's just a natural that's a natural thing. But he said, hey man, listen, being around his organization, I've come to expect stuff like this to happen, which means he's feeling slighted.
Speaker 2: Not just about this situation.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is something that's consistent with him that probably behind the scenes that we don't know about, where he's like, here we go again, but the same old stuff he's like, So I don't even I don't even think it's the noise. I think it's something internal where they you know, hey man, listen, you told me, you told me you was gonna tell me bro and.
Speaker 2: Then here we go, here we go again.
Speaker 5: You know I'm gonna You're gonna ask questions later, Like that's I think that that's what the face looked like to me. When when specifically when he said I just come to expect this type of stuff from around here in this organization.
Speaker 2: I was disappointed by that too, man.
Speaker 5: Between the lines that I was disappointed because he's made over eighty million dollars since he's been here, and right now he's in a position that they put a team around him, a defense around him. They brought in Brandon Cooks. He has everything right now to be positive about this team going out on the field next year.
Speaker 2: I understand that. I understand that.
Speaker 5: Wait, they made him wait to get that eighty didn't he made it wait? I mean, listen, we talked about this for a whole year on the show. We were sitting there, so we even went to the counsel. We're not even sure if they believe it. So in the year that he was we're talking about the year that he was a franchichise, Well, how much he make it under the franchise tag?
Speaker 2: That was a thirty five million and.
Speaker 5: Then he came right back and got a sixty six million dollars signing bonus. Right Yeah, I mean, I'm just saying, when the money. If somebody's paying you forty million dollars to do a job, and you've only won two playoff games since the time that you've been here, and you have a team in front of you that can actually you can see that we can get there with this group of guys, I'm not worried about trade last they didn't bring It's not like they brought in Aaron Rodgers. Now they brought in Aaron Rodgers. Are they drafted a guy win the first round? Then I'd be like, hey man, look now, wait a minute, that's going on. Wait a minute, my money right there? Am I being clear here? I don't think that Dak is worried about Trey Lan taking the spot. Oka I got that. I won't make sure and then and then again, franchise tag. All most players get upset, besides Tony Poler when they get franchise. I'm he was like, he got the franchisea I paid thirty All quarterbacks they got franchise tagle was upset. Yeah, cousins, he thought he was upset. He just you know what he knew he was never he was. And I know exactly why guys hate the franchise tag and what that means for playing under that for one million dollars.
Speaker 2: But let's I mean for one year for the dollar amount.
Speaker 5: But let's I act like this after all of that, the franchise didn't take care of him, and he's made a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I'm all the money.
Speaker 5: Aside, the expectation is there for Dak this year that if he doesn't go to NFC Championship.
Speaker 2: Let's call it that. We're gonna call it a fail year. Can we get that?
Speaker 5: Because he ghosted, he coasted Tom Brady and lost to San Francisco. And that's with twelve and five last year, and still that was a fail season.
Speaker 2: I gotta see how we lose. I ain't gonna if it don't happen.
Speaker 5: Because because that because that the Super Bowl would filly in uh in Kansas City just a minute ago. Ain't nobody blaming Jalen Hurst like that saying that it was a failed nothing?
Speaker 11: I am, of course, yeah, exactly who they played with the number one off Listen, that gonna be all right, man, Big Mike, Big Mike gonna take care of I don't doubt you might see he lands on a on a on a quarterback suite.
Speaker 2: That's about it, Chrispine during the broadcast.
Speaker 3: So, last twenty years, this is what the Cowboys has done in terms of drafting quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Oh nine, Steph McGee fourth round and then they drafted back in twenty sixteen fourth round pick, drafted Mike White, fifth round pick, and then Ben.
Speaker 4: De Nucci Gucci took him in the seventh round.
Speaker 2: Did any of those work? What d now, let's talk you.
Speaker 5: Outside of outside of that broke No, that is on the tip work. I'm talking about those.
Speaker 2: Mike White one game, Mike White one one or two games in the outside of did any of those work? Na? Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh one, Quincy Carter Quick, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna think he got you need help, man.
Speaker 3: Using a fourth rounder is something that the Cowboys would have done on a quarterback.
Speaker 4: We've got the proof right here. So a fourth round on Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: I just don't think it's that big a deal on a twenty three year old quarterback who you had a second round grade on and you say, hey, we're gonna bring him in here.
Speaker 2: We see what we have.
Speaker 4: We got a guy right here somebody else want wanted the bullpen. We'll see what he can do. It's gotta learned the offense though.
Speaker 3: I mean, Trey Lance was a guy who was getting drilled okay on social media. I can't play you see the fee I mean Trey Lance, it's amazing. Before he got trained to the Cowboys, this dude was deaf, blind and just bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean every negative steoup the tip you said about the black quarterback, I'm not him moving back.
Speaker 4: I mean that one thing he says you to go be a wire receiver.
Speaker 2: That was the next thing.
Speaker 3: We knew a bill polling to come in here, so now he just changed it down that bringing down your neck. I mean, this is you know.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: At any point, can you at any point, can you see this coaching staff putting the package or something for this man to get in No, can make sure we're on the same face. He can run like I tast them hill type deal. You think you think he's not gonna throw the ball, bro, I don't know you if you were package. I'm telling quarterback jump quarterbacks. You're watching them shows. You're watching them show.
Speaker 2: It's no. You don't want that to get hit, right.
Speaker 5: That can't be running like like you usually run all that stuff because he has injury problems over the last couple of years. When I throw Trey Lance into a little running yeah, yeah, it ain't gotta be wildcare I'm a fooler more than one.
Speaker 2: We ain't got we don't have no goal line back anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my quarterback love that controversy coming. I know that controversy gonna come as soon as he run into the hold no, hold on, we might have something for one play next week. He I get three in there? You remember having the boose? All right, don't don't even go there. Don't put that on me. That ain't what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Let's take a.
Speaker 3: Break, second break, Let's take it down right louds brought to you Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Just it's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: As they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there, he escaped sleft.
Speaker 2: He'll love for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just Like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Pres Scot's gonna rub this in self, run it up the middle any scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We've got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big Star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home were away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys, Smeirinoff.
Speaker 2: We do game days.
Speaker 9: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players.
Speaker 5: Lounge experience of feeling of game day every day at Mila Lighthouse at the Start, now open just steps away from Tostitos Championship Plaza Milla Lighthouse, featuring a cooler full of grabbing gold beverages and snacks, tailgate games, a rechargeable lounge, Dallas Cowboys photo ops, and complimentary concierge services. For more information, visit the Star in Frisco dot com. Slash Mill of Lighthouse.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, heck Maharrison, Okay.
Speaker 2: Give a slash.
Speaker 4: The kids don't know that.
Speaker 3: Kids don't know that yourself, sir.
Speaker 7: As, I started with old school o'donald's.
Speaker 5: Even another package negativity from Danny mccra Cordell School Little Jerseys was in the shop.
Speaker 2: Was that Neil o'donnald was the quarterback after that, Pittsburgh Number ten is taken here. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ten is taking electrics. Hecmanharrison, real men, I'm struggle man, man, I can't, can't.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, you're gonna make the fifty three.
Speaker 3: Before we get into the fifty three, we saw an injury happen in the in the game to Josh Ball.
Speaker 4: They had him right tackle and did somebody the first.
Speaker 2: Pick from the Raiders.
Speaker 3: The Raiders ran through it fail down coach Coach mccarts, it's a multiple week injury for old Josh Ball.
Speaker 5: NA, let me it was it was. It was.
Speaker 2: It was a rough rep. It was a rough rep. But that ain't the only person that we see and get done like that, like people have bad reps.
Speaker 3: That's all right, yeah, yeah, well he's he's gonna be out multiple weeks. So the position I think we all agree right now that is Scott is worried. Mostly offensive line, definitely the offensive line. So Josh Ball was a guy that they were you know, they put him out there at right tackle so he could get reps.
Speaker 2: And Josh was excited to go out there because that's when he came into the league as a tackle.
Speaker 3: So he's now hurt uhas he's been hurt here was the Cowboys. So I am worried about when they make these final cuts, Who's how deep did they go on the offensive line? Should they try to take someone who they may cut? Get on the phone and call somebody and see if they can get some old line depth here.
Speaker 2: I think it's concerned.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's definitely concerning because we know what we have on the offensive line. I mean, at one point, all these guys, you know, you know, the Tyron Smith's, Zachman, they were all great, but they're getting up there in age, and as we've seen the backups to you know, our swing, well, let's go, he's.
Speaker 4: Dealing with injuries.
Speaker 2: Josh Ball, we just talked.
Speaker 6: About who's gonna be that swing guy because we all know, I mean, there's gonna be a musical chairs situation going on here at some point this year.
Speaker 2: It's a long season, seventeen games.
Speaker 4: What are we gonna do with death back there?
Speaker 2: Heck, you got any talks?
Speaker 5: I mean now, I'm the thing with Josh Ball is he got plenty of opportunity at guard when Zach Martin was out right, so we gave him all that opportunity at guard. Then in the prese last preseason game, we're moving back out to his natural position at right tackle, and then we see him get blessed. All right, so let's just call it what it is. Let's just call it what it is at some point. And the thing that you guys know is that everybody is combing these rosters right now, looking or whatever fools goal. Let's see if we can turn him to a guy that could work in our system. And I'm positive that the Cowboys are doing the same thing, like you said you have to. I'm so glad we got Tyler Smith. I'll tell you that because his ability to play inside and outside I think is going to save us a lot of headache this season depending on So you get to go decide like where you really need to get that position? That should we go get us a guy who could play guard, because we know that Tyler Smith can get pumped out if there's an issue. I think he gives you a lot of versatility. That is the positive. Zach Martin's back, Terrence still to be playing. Tyron Smith is hopefully healthy of this whole season, and we know if he's healthy, he's going to be a force to be reckon with. That is the ideal world. But yes, we need some depth. I am worried about be Odish in the middle. That's my worry. And I think a lot of what we've seen with Dak in those years that he hadn't been successful is been the pressure that he's getting up middle up the middle. When he came in the league, Dak was not getting touched. Y'all know that Travis Frederick offensive line was forty five doll was he was that even though he was throwing for a lot of yards, he had the running game in the offensive line to boot. Now over the years, he's starting to be he's starting to get touched a lot more. And I'm looking at be honest, if that ankle injury isn't right, man, that's what we made be in trouble.
Speaker 3: Made the Pro Bowl last year, so we started to see him really start to maximize his talent. But if they stay healthy, you got Tyler Smith. And that's about Tyron Smith. Tyrons Smith says, I mean she got Tyler Tyler Smith at left guard, Jack Martin right guard.
Speaker 2: That's some help right there.
Speaker 5: Right I'm talking about the injury to BEYONDI that he suffered in camp. We hadn't heard much about it. High ankle sprain or whatever it was that it was that they said. So, I mean, I'm worried about that position specifically.
Speaker 3: And I think Matt Farniac wild probably be the backup center right there. So look, there's questions and we'll see how they feel this thing together. But oh, by the way, I must remind people because we're getting our cowboy silo so much.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of teams across this league they got issues.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia is one of the stronger units out there when it comes to the offensive line play. But a lot of teams out here that you're gonna face that have got some issues. Here for the Cowboys, what's my man? That went up to the Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Government. He let us know why they got a new office. Yeah, the toll on them. Yeah, man, I ain't never seen it. We did this one time when I was I learned so much more Buffalo. That was some got Buffalo, get out the Buffalo.
Speaker 2: He got guys going out there. Yeah, he said, you better we go. We shown better. See.
Speaker 3: So with Trey Lance going to be on the fifty three man rosters, Deuce Spawn Cavan turping. We we we're going to put them on the fifty three man rosters, so that means you've got to go low. So I'm thinking, now you're probably gonna have three running backs.
Speaker 2: And you probably oh wow, look at that. He showed you well when we had to pass.
Speaker 3: After we had the podcast, and I asked Mike about the pump block and it was just what's worried? And he just said up, he had three of them before that were fine and he had the mental laps. He said, I think it'd be fine. You just you know, you can't let him inside. Then I thought, okay, Rico's fine. So so if you don't, you know Pollard Rico, dudes, those are your three tight end.
Speaker 2: Probably go with three there.
Speaker 3: So you got Ferguson Hind the shot shoemaker and uh schoolmaker draft pick. I mean McEwan's probably free. So so that allows you to go get it. I mean Davis. Everybody, a lot of teams have a Davis. There'll be a lot of teams to have a guy like that. You lie back, you may you have to let some folks go.
Speaker 5: Here, you know, right, that's gonna be a tough group and people recognized, especially a toossle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he's gonna be you a special team. He's gonna stand on the table for you if.
Speaker 5: You didn't play special teams that maximize your ability on special teams as a linebacker.
Speaker 2: This, uh, this preseason and this training camp, shame on you.
Speaker 4: Your guy, Semmy, you're your guy. A couple of catches, uh night, I think it's a rat.
Speaker 2: He had a couple kids of the night.
Speaker 4: How long was he playing?
Speaker 2: Brings happened? Probably you can get a little practice squad. Actually, there you go, so cuts your coming up here hour fifteen.
Speaker 5: Man, it's gonna be some I believe it's gonna be some surprises on the defensive line. Is where where I'm looking. Chauncey Golsen is a guy that I was pulling for. I talked about him at the beginning of the camp saying that he had to have a good camp, so hopefully he put in enough work to get on the fifty three. I know a lot of people have been asking questions about him, specifically.
Speaker 2: He's got position flex. Is your guy gonna make the team? I think so never. I think I think he might think he might. He would straight up slide in there.
Speaker 4: If he did, if he did this, yeah, it's gonna be tight. But Kelln Joseph, you're gonna make this team is yes, Yes, he made an impact. People talking about him on the radar and like, I don't know why you guys going up.
Speaker 2: To I'm growing he's growing on me as a player. He could be one of six.
Speaker 5: But I'm sitting there and I'm said, goodness gracious, as soon as you sit that text about lining up outside, he lined up.
Speaker 2: How many times have you seen a Quarner line up. That's a tough thing to do in the slot.
Speaker 4: That's a teachable moment, teachable moment.
Speaker 2: He was locked in, put on the Garrett.
Speaker 4: Vision and make it hot.
Speaker 2: It was so clear like this, yeah, that's a tough thing. The only one of us up. That's that's a tough thing to do. That's why. But may the impact he growing on you know what?
Speaker 5: As a special team Okay, all right, I would make sure as a special teams player, I would love to see him. That's why I want to see him at and shout out to my dude the moon clocks, even in the hell of.
Speaker 2: The season, going ball out. I think he's gonna ball off for sure. But that's telling this was fun today. Are well time. I appreciate time.
Speaker 5: Tell you what, man balling not on a budget. That's on the borrow one. If I want to loan that one, you know when I was like a Christmas party or something. I can put it up there on the mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very true, Harrison, Danny mccraig. I'm the strutch for Krispy Jazz. Well, Josh, everybody is a part of this. We will do it again.
Speaker 4: Thursday, right, yeahay's Tuesday, So Thursday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday.
Speaker 3: We will get down one more time right here on the players line. To tell a friend about it. Okay, you know, follow us on Twitter, Spotify, wherever you get the shows. Put us in there, lock us in. We always try to have fun as we do this thing. Take care, everybody, straight Lance package bro.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.