Speaker 1: Hello, he Lou helleu, he Lou good, Andrea Barber, Joe, what are you, sweeten?
Speaker 2: Oh that was an extended cut.
Speaker 3: I like, I am awake, I am caffeinated.
Speaker 2: Am proud.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You know.
Speaker 1: I have to say, Andrea, I've weirdly become more of a morning person. I'm not now, don't get don't get crazy, don't get crazy. I'm not like your version probably of morning person. But I am definitely I've gotten myself in a routine, like over the past I don't know, like little for a month or so at getting up early, like having a routine, drinking my water, getting my exercise.
Speaker 2: Like, so I am. I have been inspired by you. Aby.
Speaker 3: Your journey in middle age is well on.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, so this is right. I wake up with the sun at seven in the morning. I'm like, all right, well, let's do this now.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, time to do your Crossford puzzles with your coffee and do your world I do.
Speaker 1: I do word searches with my coffee. Actually, thank you very much. They're like, it's a mindfulness word search. So I'm looking for you know, words, Yeah, mindfulness.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good person, something to brag about on that on the podcast.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I I just wanted to say it because I found I found dare I say a little bit of joy in the morning. But it's also it's also because the sun is up earlier. I've decided that whenever we turn the clocks back, I'm I'm going.
Speaker 2: To have to fly south.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much further south, somewhere towards the equator, the equator, but I I I can't. I can't live like this. I can't live with the with the four thirty PM. I'm in heaven right now because it's like it's p forty five and it's still light outside, and I know it's only getting longer.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh yeah, this is We're in the heyday, right, We're in your head the days a day long.
Speaker 2: I am, That's what I'm saying. I am.
Speaker 1: I One am realizing that my seasonal effective disorder is no joke, because all of a sudden spring came and I'm back to life. And two, I am now a migrating bird and I will have to leave several months out of the year, so I disappear and I am suddenly podcasting from some beach on a tropical location.
Speaker 2: You'll know why.
Speaker 1: It is just it's because I had to. I literally had my depression was gonna win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah for the winter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a I am I'm I'm a snowbird. I'm an I'm an early snowbird. I'm just leave that middle age is hitting me and I'm like, you know what I need to I need to travel away from the cold.
Speaker 3: You need to migrate, yep, I do I do you need to? Did you watch this eclipse that happened yesday?
Speaker 1: You're one of the best part of it. At twelve twenty four, I went, oh.
Speaker 2: The eclipse like it was over. But when it ended at twelve.
Speaker 1: Twenty two, Joey, you missed it by you don't know what I.
Speaker 3: Was for some reason two hours? How did you miss? Hey?
Speaker 2: I know what I well what the sun was still out.
Speaker 3: Here sort of Well, in your defense, it was not as exciting in Los Angeles as it was everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's not if you're not in the path of totality. It's not as like, oh my gosh. You're like, oh, it's all an eclipse, which is super cool, and my little nerd brain thinks it's awesome. But yeah, we weren't in the path of totality like Texas or whatever. We were like, which would have been super cool to see. Do you remember Tara Canvas's makeup artists, She and her daughter and Jeffrey's daughter.
Speaker 2: They she is a huge like star.
Speaker 1: What would you say, constellation cosmology? Not constellation, constellations the shaping of stars, but cosmology would be hold on, I'll get really random here, but yeah, I don't like cosmology anyway. She likes the stars. So, but she has traveled to go and see eclipses. And I was listening to some story on like NPR or something with real nerd alert be careful.
Speaker 2: But this this older.
Speaker 1: Gentleman who has flown all over the world to see nearly as like as many eclipses as he could get to in his lifetime, like total eclipses.
Speaker 2: So I think it's very cool. But I missed it by two.
Speaker 1: Minutes, so of course that's yeah, but you know, you can't look at it. I probably stupidly would have been like, oh what if you can still see ah? And then that's it, and then you know, my eye.
Speaker 3: I get a little resentful because they hype this thing up. They're like, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, once in a lifetime solar eclipse. I'm like, well until next year, Like what about the one six months ago? What about the one in twenty seventeen. It's not once in a lifetime if it happens every soul.
Speaker 1: But you know, well, true, but I believe it was the amount and of totality, was it not? And also the fact that it was over a populated area, because we have eclipses all the time, but they happen over the North Pole or Antarctic or not probably that because they wouldn't be that high up, but over the oceans and stuff like that people.
Speaker 2: Don't get to see. But I think there was something about this one that was well, yeah, I think because it was a totally it was a total.
Speaker 3: Eclipse for a lot of the eastern board of the United States, So.
Speaker 2: Right, right, and total eclipses are not.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of partial eclipse, but we do not have a lot of total eclipses.
Speaker 3: We need to change the verbiage, then we need to change the I am a person of words.
Speaker 2: What do you want to change? Well, there's a lot of time eclipse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, total eclipse is potentially a once in a lifetime than because.
Speaker 2: We don't have personal eclipses.
Speaker 3: So for the people in Texas and all the other states that got total total, a total eclipse, but once I don't for them, it wasn't for me. I'll see another one some day or partial, maybe a total if I travel some day.
Speaker 2: But the part but what you're.
Speaker 1: What I feel like you're failing to understand is that a partial and a total are different, and totals don't happen all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, well in the once in a lifetime total eclipse, well I think happens again in twenty two years, so it's not once in a lifetime, but it's it's well it is.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're like ninety, I haven't gone out and seen one yet, that is probably once in your.
Speaker 3: Life, once in that lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, it depends on how long a lifetime we're talking.
Speaker 1: This is true, and with advances these days, we could be seeing three four eclipses.
Speaker 2: In a lifetime, all of the eclipses, all of them forever.
Speaker 3: Swee.
Speaker 1: I'm watching three body problem, which is why I'm also like very into my little space brain.
Speaker 3: This is this is the new our new segment. This is Jody's random facts of uselessness.
Speaker 2: This is I creased to have.
Speaker 1: I had a random board when I lived with some friends in a communal living in Malibu.
Speaker 2: We'll just call it that.
Speaker 1: But I had a to do without what you will, But I know I had a board and every morning I had it said Jody's random Snapple fact of the day, and I would write a random fact on the board every day.
Speaker 3: So it this fits.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I just admitted that all publicly, and we should probably do our show now because people are like, please, I can't listen to these nerds any longer.
Speaker 3: Before they unsubscribe. Let's get into the recap.
Speaker 2: Please, right, and my voice is gone. I went out two late nights in a row.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: On Friday night, and I had the strangest interactions with people I cannot me and two of my friends. Yeah, well, three of my friends went out. I can't even begin to describe. I posted it on my stories and I was like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't get to check your stories, okay.
Speaker 1: All it said was like, I don't even I can't even begin to describe this. Let's just say it involved magicians, Raphael and his exes, me having an allergy attack and being offered all various sorts of substance, and like, I was like this and people were like you want I'm.
Speaker 2: Like no, I'm literally sneezing.
Speaker 1: But it was and then and then I can't even but it was a wild night. And I still don't think I've recovered, and I don't have my voice back yet. So wow, because I'm a morning person, now you're a morning person.
Speaker 3: It can't go out late.
Speaker 1: Now I can't sleep in. I slept till like ten, and I felt like it was two thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, See, if you're gonna be a morning person, you have to commit to the early beddome.
Speaker 2: It was the eclipse.
Speaker 1: I was staying up, you see, the once in a lifetime eclipse that I missed by two minutes.
Speaker 3: It's really then you.
Speaker 1: Just kept staying up all night just to like maybe, and I haven't slept since then.
Speaker 3: Well, this will be a great recap. This will be fully.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hinged, as opposed to partially, well, it's totally total unhinged. Is one life, once in a lifetime event. Partial unhinged is a little more common. That's eclips Yes, the eclipse, right, there's a total unhinged and partial partial unhinged.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's try to stick to partial unhinged in solidarity with our partial eclipse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was a total eclipse. We need to be totally.
Speaker 3: Unpartial for us. For me, like, I'm very self centered, I'm talking about from my viewpoint.
Speaker 1: So literally, the world, it literally revolves around you, which is why you always sell the partial eclipse.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it, that is the tld R. Yes, the world revolves around me anyways, but let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to how Rude Tanerto's I am your partially unhinged co host Andrea Barber and I.
Speaker 1: May or may not be totally unhinged for once in my lifetime and yours, and I'm Jody Sweeten.
Speaker 3: Today we are discussing season two, episode fifteen, titled Pal Joey, and this title refers to the nineteen fifty seven film of the same name, starring Rita Hayworth and Frank Sinatra. Sinatra won a Golden Globe for his role as Joey. I did not know. Ah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it was based on the movie, but I did not know that he had won the Gold Globe for it.
Speaker 3: Yea good for him. Okay. So this originally aired on February seventeenth, nineteen eighty nine, and it goes a little something like this, Joey and Danny recall the day they first met. Oh, there's a good flashback scene in here. It is just all sorts of delicious.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: It was directed by John Boab and it was written by Dennis Rinstler and Mark Warren. We have some guest stars this week. Have Nathan Nishigucci. He returns as Harry.
Speaker 2: I love that Harry's back, but you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, he is problematic this episode. He is he is not his normal hairy self.
Speaker 2: He is just a little.
Speaker 3: He's a little he's partially unhinged too.
Speaker 2: For seriously, we also.
Speaker 3: Have Philip Glasser as young Danny. He's known for an American tale. An American was like, he's vivial on America. Yes, he's fibal or feeble. I don't know if I'm saying fibal. It is fivele okay, five.
Speaker 2: Not remember an American tale.
Speaker 3: I cried every time it's been decades decades.
Speaker 1: Well, it emotionally scarred me, so I remember, okay, yeah he So he was Fibal in American Tale and then the second one, fivele Goes West yep.
Speaker 3: And he had several TV appearances in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Boy Meets World, and Saved by the Bell, The New Class. Good for him. We also have Christopher Kent Hill as the young Joey. He's known for defending your life and there goes The Neighborhood nineteen ninety two and five episodes of Roseannefortunately, he died in twenty nineteen at age forty one. Oh, I don't know the cause. And then we have Adam Harris as Young Jesse. He is only known for this one role on Full House at least, you know in Hollywood. I'm sure he's known for lots of great things in his private life.
Speaker 2: Again, and here we are just killing dreams and careers.
Speaker 3: People were like, never again, never stepping my foot on a sound stage. And then we have Annette Sinclair as Miss Borland. She's known for the job thief of hearts listen to me, and she was previously married to Bob Seeger actor composer. Oh yeah, I did not know that. Oh, we have another one. We have a whole host of guest stars this week. Goodness. We have Brandon Crane as the Bully Sheldon. He's best remembered as Doug Porter on The Wonder Years. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I know that kid, and he was like, that's right.
Speaker 3: He looked very, very familiar. And he also did guest appearances on Mister Belvedere, Magnum p I and It's Gary Shandlin's show. Okay, so we open with our teaser in the girls room. Michelle and DJ are seated on DJ's bed as she teaches Michelle a lesson. Now you're never too young to learn who's cute and who's not. She stands up and introduces Michelle to a poster of George Michael. Michelle exclaims, cute, Like George Michael looked hot. I'm sorry, like that post was hot.
Speaker 2: He was so hot. He was so hot. You know, he just was hiding his true self, which was a shame. Yeah, but starting with Wham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was hot. He was hot. Man.
Speaker 1: Just my husband's actually a loved Wham as a kid. He was like it was like one of his first albums that he bought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wham he was it him and Patrick's cuazy yep, and George Michael. I think what I told the story was a concert that went to with Candice.
Speaker 2: Mmm w Yeah that's right. Oh that's the first concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh love that. So DJ tells Michelle that George Michael was cute when he was with Wham, but he's graduated to rad. Michelle grins rad yep. Then DJ shows her a picture of Michael J. Fox and says, the bad news is he's married. The good news is he's our size.
Speaker 2: Oh I know he is.
Speaker 1: He's a petite man, he is, but I had to laugh. I was like, oh, it's George Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox.
Speaker 3: Oh y Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of run repetition here.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. DJ lays out her magazines and tells Michelle to pick the cutest guy. Uh. Michelle points down at the book in her lap and says big Bird. DJ questions her answer and points out, no one even knows if he's a guy. Michelle leans down and kisses the book.
Speaker 2: Very cute teaser, Yeah, non binary, big bird.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we saw Big Bird? We were walking through New York Central Park who I remember, and we saw a picture, saw big Bird.
Speaker 2: We saw Big Bird and was it Oscar? Yeah?
Speaker 3: There was somebody there was, yeah, a sidekick.
Speaker 1: There was a side Yeah, in in Central Park.
Speaker 2: They were puppets obviously hobby.
Speaker 1: Sorry ruining for anyone, but yeah, it wasn't just actual Big Bird and Oscar like sitting in the park.
Speaker 2: There were you know people.
Speaker 1: But I we were walking around and I was like, oh my god, we have to get our picture and you were like what.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's big Bird. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge Sesame Street fan, So I actually agree with Michelle on this one.
Speaker 2: I think Big Bird's kind of.
Speaker 3: Cute, kind of cute. I'm and I'm still wondering why that why Big Bird was in Central Park. I didn't think it was like a buskert asking for money. I don't know if it.
Speaker 2: Was, because like a Sesame Street is a New York show.
Speaker 3: So he was just walking around, like just walking around Central Parks taking selfie for free.
Speaker 2: No, it's not for free. We gave him money. I get like ten bucks. Oh yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if there's a person in a costume and they're like, hey, you want a picture, it.
Speaker 2: Ate for free. That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't remember never seeing the Spider Man's on the Hollywood and Highland.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, there's nothing for you about those.
Speaker 3: There was no like little bucket or hat out where you could throw your chain.
Speaker 2: Threw it in Oscar's trash can. I think I did.
Speaker 3: The trash can was the tip jar? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I was like, here you go. Oscar slipped them a little.
Speaker 3: You know, it was very nice, very nice of you. I thought they were doing this out of the generosity of their hearts.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what, maybe when we're old, someday we will take over as I'll be Oscar, you can be big Bird.
Speaker 2: We'll sit in the park and we'll just see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see who comes up and asks for selfie or just wants to chat. Okay, all right, Well that that here we go partially unhinged. It's already starting. We're knocking out of the teaser yet.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: So we roll the opening credits, and then we're in the kitchen where Michelle and Danny are mopping the floor together while standing on paper towels to ensure a perfectly clean floor. Danny announces it's time to teach her the Tanner family motto, clean is good and dirt is bad. Michelle repeats after him.
Speaker 2: It feels like a like a a motto could get done a.
Speaker 1: Little more with that, if that's gonna be your family motto, Like the thing that is stitched on your coat of arms on your family crest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it needed like a rhyme or like yeah, yeah, yeah, it needed something else.
Speaker 2: It felt a little thrown together, but it's fine. It's fine.
Speaker 3: It's part of Danny's manipulation and trying to manipulate the girls into thinking it's one way to hold to have a house.
Speaker 1: The family crest has two mops over it and like a bucket, and then it's just yeah, the coat of arms is good and dirt is bad. Yeah, and it's like some rubber gloves in one corner of the crest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an amazing crest family crest.
Speaker 1: I really yeah, I feel like someone should draw the Tanner family crest.
Speaker 3: Someone is right now, right now, and.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it. Yep, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Please tag us in your phone because we want to see these drawings. So Jesse and Joey's strolling through the back door laughing a.
Speaker 2: It's a power laugh, power house. That was a joke that Dave used to do.
Speaker 1: He would just do that loud laugh and called it a power laugh, and then he'd end in the saying full house that.
Speaker 2: But he'd do it when we were out in public.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just to draw attention to himself for no reason. Yeah, that brought back a core memory. When I heard them doing that laugh, I was like, oh, here we go. They worked it into the show. Oh my, yes, yeah, yeah, So Danny stops them. Wait, he just cleaned the floor. Jesse sarcastically suggests that if they hang a vine above the door, they could swing into the house like Tarzan. Joey does allowed Tarzan call, and the boys jump from the doorway onto the carpet. Jesse slings the paper towel rolled down the stairs to prevent them from touching the floor. Joey jokes, don't get any dirt on those paper towels. They both get a kick out of this and head down stairs and Dave is stepping everywhere except the paper towel.
Speaker 2: The paper towel, right, which was a very Joey thing to do.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, that tracks. Also, did you notice the baby gate is conveniently taken off of this? It's like, I just conveniently placed to give me right.
Speaker 1: Well the one time, the baby's in the room too, and we're like, way, don't need the gates.
Speaker 2: She's here, it's here.
Speaker 3: The joke has to work, the baby, the baby gate had to go. So Danny smiles and tells Michelle, look at those nutty guys. If it wasn't for me, Joey and Jesse would never have met. Now they're inseparable. Isn't life ironic? And Michelle agrees yep. Then Steph, Harry, and DJ arrive home and Michelle yells, stop dirt bad. Before they enter the kitchen, DJ realizes that Danny tot Michelle the Tanner family motto.
Speaker 2: Danny, so this is a well known thing.
Speaker 3: It's well known. Yeah, it doesn't rhyme, but it's well known. Danny says, he's very very I'm so glad. Danny says he's working on a new family motto, don't make fun of Dad until you can afford your own apartment. That now, that's a good, good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does rhyme, but also does it rhyme, doesn't rhyme, it's you know what, Maybe he should hand it over to Jesse and Joey and they should come up with a jingle.
Speaker 2: Yeah they.
Speaker 1: Jingle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's a much better idea. They could write something much better than these these gems that Dan keeps throwing out.
Speaker 2: I will help with the family motto. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Danny picks up Michelle and slides over to the kids on his paper towels. He tells them these are for you. As he steps out of the room, Steph, DJ and Harry step right over the towels, walking directly on the kitchen floor. Steph brings Harry over to the counter to start their math homework. Harry sighs, forget it. I can't learn subtraction. I'm going to quit school and join the boy Scouts. Stuff judges was like a good plan, Yeah, but stuff judges him. She says, I don't want my boyfriend to be a first grade dropout. How embarrassing. Steph's got stand.
Speaker 2: You know, stefs. Yeah. Steph's like, no, Harry, this is this is not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. DJ tries to help, using oranges as an example, to teach him subtraction in real life. This this brought me right back to the time I got notes on oranges. How that's what's fuller house?
Speaker 2: More oranges?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got can you many notes repeatedly about how to handle oranges and how to cut them on the kitchen island? Well, this is crucial, crucial orange, crucial.
Speaker 2: Crucial, crucial orange manipulation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crucial orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: There was a storyline happening amongst you and the cutting of the of the oranges. Jimmy had a very vivid memory that was coming back back.
Speaker 3: To the oranges. Harry understands this subtraction and he compliments DJ. Thanks, DJ, you are the smartest woman in the world. And Steph sarcastically adds, oh yeah, four minus two real genius, which.
Speaker 1: Is sort of an insult to Harry really because like she's like, yeah, you didn't get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's genius, buddy.
Speaker 3: It's like a double insult to DJ and to Harry.
Speaker 1: But four minus two I feel like, by the time here are they, they're in first grade.
Speaker 3: Now you should have learned that in kindergarten. You know, first graders need to know ye, yeah, four minus two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: Harry proceeds to ask DJ where babies come from, and she tells him to stick to fruit. Yeah. Don't just don't go down that path, hany can't.
Speaker 2: You can't even subtract. You don't need to be Yeah, you need to be adding things together.
Speaker 3: Sure. Uh. And in the next scene, we are in Jesse and Joey's new office, also known as Joey's Room. Joey and Jesse toast to having their first cup of coffee in their new office, Double J Creative Services. They immediately wins at the taste of the coffee, and Joey notes, next time, we got to remember to plug that coffee machine in.
Speaker 1: Now I have a question, yes, because don't they work for the company, for the ad company mister Malatesta when.
Speaker 3: Mister Malatesta's employees.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, So how are they Double J Creative Services? Are they a little like company within a company.
Speaker 3: I I think this is just for them, Like, I don't think this is anything official. They haven't filed anything or LLC yet.
Speaker 1: It's just they're doing this just as they sign built.
Speaker 2: But that's just for their own.
Speaker 3: It's a Tanner House there's always a banner, there's you know.
Speaker 1: It's true, there is always are very big on banners and merch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you bring up a good point that they are employees of mister malt.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a minute, yeah, I think they're okay anyway, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh So, since they're using Joey's room as their new office, Jesse thinks they should update the decor. Right now, the room has a hockey dummy puppets nailed to the wall, and mister potato head Joey thinks it makes the place fun, but Jesse doesn't see it that way. Eventually, Joey wins him over with his pee Wee Herman impression. Danny walks downstairs with Michelle and compliments with the two of them have done with their office. Jesse and Joey both laugh, imitating pee Weee together like this is grating. Like if there's one impression I don't love, it's the pee Wee Herman.
Speaker 2: But pee Wee was big at the time.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Do you remember do you remember going to pee Wee's playhouse? No? Do we go to pe Don't know?
Speaker 1: I did because my stand in at the time, and I feel terrible. I forget her name. I want to say Ashley, No.
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she was married to one of the puppeteers on Pee Wee Herman, and so we got to go to set one day, but we were definitely told to not speak to pee Wee.
Speaker 3: Oh really Okay, so it's not Yeah, well he was in the in the zone. You know, he had to get prepared and carry goes.
Speaker 1: It was apparently known for not being super warm and friendly at the time, but you know he's but the speak ill of but but no, but that kind of was the thing was. It was always kind of known, like it wasn't super you know, outwardly friendly on set. But but it was still really really cool to see. But I do agree that the Pee Wee Herman really and I'm a Pee's Big Adventure fan, right right, it's.
Speaker 2: A lot it was.
Speaker 3: It got excessive in this scene. So but that's that's a personal thing.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, yeah, pee Wee pee wee in you need.
Speaker 3: Mall, Yeah, you need pee wee and pee wee amount.
Speaker 2: Pee in, pee wee and pee Weee amounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Danny mentions that it's Jesse's turn to babysit tonight and asks Joey if he wants to grab a bite in Chinatown and catch a movie. The telephone rings, and Michelle races over to answer it. Hello, Hi man, hold on, Jesse. Jesse turns around, Well, it looks like we have found ourselves a secret terry. He picks up the phone to speak with mister Malatesta, who informs Jesse that there is a major crisis with the Chippy chunk nut cookie account. Jesse explains to Joey it seems they found more chunk nuts in the chippies in the chewy chocolates, so all the chewy chocolates chip chunk nuts have to be called nutty chewy chunk chips. What those?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How did John's I can't say, I'm.
Speaker 2: Literally I was like, Wow, that was a hell of a talk twister.
Speaker 3: How did John memorize that? Because he's notorious for not saying the right words and not remember anything right books.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while you just got to be like, oh, I have to know this one, this one's the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he probably practiced.
Speaker 1: He practiced, I mean he John is a very accomplished actor, and he you know when when when he needs to he's on it, and you know, usually then he just kind of has fun and you know, is a little more loose with things. But this one with the with the chippy chunk nut cookie, you know you have to.
Speaker 3: You can't phone that in.
Speaker 2: You're changing.
Speaker 1: No, no, chippy chunk nuts that now have to be called nutty chewy junk chips.
Speaker 3: No, that is I My mind's blown. It reminds me of the pilot of Fuller House when John couldn't get the taco truck line or something, and so they finally gave it to Laurie because John couldn't get it right. So they were like, Lury, just take this line about something with the twins and their their fish truck or taco truck or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: John couldn't get that line. So Laurie's like, I'll do it. Yeah, But anyways, props to John forgetting this line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was impressed.
Speaker 3: So Joey asks how can they do that? Followed by Danny asking how can they say that? Jesse and Joey are gonna have to work tonight. Danny's bummed because he's been looking forward to hanging out with Joey for at least thirty seconds, Danny says they can hang out tomorrow. He and Joey can go to the gym and shoot hoops, just like the old days. They'd be playing for the same stakes too. Loser does the other guy's homework. The phone rings, and Joey says he'll answer it, but Jesse stops him. They have a scretary. Now. Michelle answers hi man by man, Jesse stands up and scold, so that's it, young lady. You're fired, Pack up your stuff and get out of our office. Then Jesse and Joey both exclaim office, I'll ah pee wee herman, and Michelle sticks out her tongue and screams ah mimicking them.
Speaker 1: Audience goes, I mean you remember why the secret word, right, so every time somebody mentioned the secret word, you'd get all you scream peewee thing. But those of people out there that have probably never seen pee wee, oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, it was classic. And I just love this little bit at the end with Michelle, right, yeah, super funny.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of that that photo of Albert Einstein when he's sticking his tongue out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, very similar, very similar. So next, in the living room, DJ walks in through the front door wearing a very militant button down shirt. It's giving Janet Jackson rhythm.
Speaker 2: That was Yeah, I think that was around that time. Yeah, there was definitely shoulder pads in it.
Speaker 3: There were definitely shoulder pads in there. Yeah, And she calls mail call. Steph walks over to see if there's anything for her. DJ sorts through the mail and hands Stephanie the mail for resident and occupant. Then she gets to the detergent sample and the girls agree that's for dad. Harry walks in shortly after, carrying a large heart shaped lollipop that reads I Love you. Steph thinks it's for her, and she admires the sweet gesture, but Harry replies, it's for DJ. What Steph is flabbergotte, like Harry on he went from the perfect partner to this, Like, come on, Harry, what right we think you know someone you think you know, but you don't. You don't know. Steph says, behind, you're in love with DJ. Harry Takiyama, How can this be true? True? He responds, sorry, Chief, but ever since yesterday, all I want to do is subtract. He hands a lollipop to DJ and asks if she would like to have lunch with him tomorrow. DJ answers, well, thanks for asking me, but lucky for me, I'm having lunch with Kimmy tomorrow. Harry nods understandingly, no problem. I'll bring a friend. We'll double Wow.
Speaker 2: Harry's front of me, Harry standing right here.
Speaker 3: You know, so out of character for Harry, so out of character for him.
Speaker 2: I forgot, I forgot? How how you know this hurts?
Speaker 3: Like? This really hurt painful. It's really painful.
Speaker 2: You think you know someone.
Speaker 3: Harry says by to DJ, calling her honey, and then he says bye to Chief and Steph shouts at him, don't call me Chief, Seriously, I don't blame her like that pet name that's out the window now m mm after this betrayal, Right, Steph closes the door behind Harry and whips around to DJ. You rat, you scun you skunky rat, you stole my man stuff. Walks away, and DJ sarcastically comments, man, I have ken dolls bigger than him. I mean it's kind of true. Wow. Wow, Yeah, that was a hard scene to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that hurt.
Speaker 3: So next weere in the gym, Joey's warming up with the basketball as Danny stretches. Joey emphasizes Gumby doesn't stretch as much as you do, and Danny reminds him that a proper warm up prevents injury. They begin the game, and for some reason, Joey's wearing sweatpants with ripped knees. I didn't know that was a style back then.
Speaker 1: Were they sweats or were they like the athletic I don't well, I thought they were like black gans.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were jeans. I just assumed he'd be wearing athletic like gear or sweats or like sweatproof athletic pants. I don't know, but the knees were ripped, So okay, I don't know. Maybe he's playing basket, I mean apparently.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they mentioned that they haven't played basketball together since nineteen seventy two, which really feels like a very long time. It does seventeen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they're a little rusty. They're a little rusty a.
Speaker 1: Little bit, although Danny has an excellent blue Adidas tracksuit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was ready, like he was ready for this gig to go. Yeah, So Danny's dribbling Joey points behind him. Hey, look, the girl's locker room is open. Danny gets distracted and Joey grabs the ball, making a basket. Danny defends himself. The only reason I still fall for that is because of the one time it really was open. They continue playing, I know, I know. They continue playing, and Joey attempts to distract him again, but to no avail. Danny holds the ball above his head. Isn't this great? I'm still taller than you. He recalls the last time they played basketball together in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a long time.
Speaker 3: It's a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Although, to be fair, when's the last time I played basketball? Really? When's the first time I played? Yeah? So, yeah, it's grade might as well be seventy two for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Jesse walks in right then and interrupts the game. He tells Joey they saved the cookie account. He mentions that a bunch of people from the agency are going to Hippos to celebrate, so Irene is going to watch the girls. Joey excitedly tells Jesse he's in and he begins to follow him out of the door. Then he hesitates as he remembers he promised Danny he would hang out with him tonight. Danny protests, Oh no, no, don't let me ruin your fun. Go party with strangers. Joey offers to play Sudden Death next basket wins. Danny sarcastically responds, well, thanks for squeezing me in pale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of hurtful. I feel just kind of dumped him.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for Danny and this, I really feel for him. They start playing again, and Joey calls a foul against Danny because of wristing. Danny doesn't even know what that is, but Jesse.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine the three of them getting through this scene.
Speaker 3: Talking about wristin.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I would like you know that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Bob and Dave were like, don't look at me when I say this, don't look at the.
Speaker 3: Top of my forehead, don't look me in the eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could, but I could see.
Speaker 1: The smirks like underneath every time they would say something, or one of them would say it and the other ones would be like, yeah.
Speaker 3: They was just dying to break and make jokes. Oh man, Yeah, I'm glad we weren't in this scene. Yes, so Jesse was a witness, and he confirms that Joey got wristed Danny. It just keeps keeps on going, right. Danny's upset. He begins to storm out, thanking Joey for the quality time that they got to together. Joey asks what the big deal is, and Danny tells him, if I have to explain it to you, then I don't know why we were friends in the first place. Very true, Yeah, true, yeah. Joey accuses him of acting like a little kid, and Danny retorts, I am not. Now, give me back my ball. We cut to a commercial break.
Speaker 1: A question though, why was John? Why did John walk in the scene with a with a cola can?
Speaker 3: He always has something, whether it's it's not if it's not fried chicken, it's a.
Speaker 2: I was like, what are you where?
Speaker 3: Why? Well, it was yeah, usually there's no.
Speaker 2: Well not even that. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Usually it's like, you know, you walk into a scene with a prop or a like there's a there's a purse, and it just didn't feel it was just an interesting There's a couple of times that he's done that.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was uh, maybe he was parched.
Speaker 3: He maybe he's just parched.
Speaker 2: Maybeah them very thirsty.
Speaker 3: You're right. Usually a prop like that, it serves a purpose, like it's going to be part of the storyline, or it's as like.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen? Are they gonna pour it on somebody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, John was just thirsty. That's it. Sure, and we're back in stephan DJ's room. DJ walks into her room to find Michelle's crib is where Steph's bed usually is. Hi, DJ, Michelle enthusiastically says, while wave in at her big sister. DJ asks what she's doing in here, and Michelle shrugs, I don't know. Steph struts in, carrying the rest of Michelle's stuff. She thanks Michelle for switching rooms with her. DJ addresses Stephanie, There's no way I'm sharing a room with a two year old. Steph replies, There's no way I'm sharing a room with a no good, skunky, ratty, rotten, lameoid boyfriend stealer. That was just it was almost as good as the chunky, chunky chipnuts. Wh Yeah. DJ tells her to get over it and explains that Harry is just a first grade kid with a crush on an attractive older woman. Steph ignores DJ's statement and tells Michelle watch out, Michelle. She'll be your best buddy until you've got something she wants, and then nothing is safe. DJ tries to assure Michelle she can trust her, but Michelle throws her arm over her stuffed animal and exclaims, my bunny.
Speaker 1: I have to say, the kids in this family can move furniture like nobody I've seen.
Speaker 3: You could start your own moving movers.
Speaker 1: Steph moved an entire bed dresser drag a crib with a baby with a baby in it.
Speaker 2: Across the hallway through a doorway.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that the crib wouldn't fit through the door, so Steph either had to reconstruct it in her room or take off the door frame.
Speaker 2: There was a lot a.
Speaker 1: Lot happening and between DJ moving from upstairs to the basement in like the first few episodes and Steph moving across the hall, these kids need to start a moving company.
Speaker 3: I'm telling that we are children of the eighties. We were self sufficient. This generation is not like.
Speaker 2: The three beredroom apartment by myself right.
Speaker 3: We were left alone to our own devices. We got it done like that.
Speaker 2: Is hauling a full twin size mattress on her back.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, so brilliant. Where are we? Oh, we're in the living room. Danny is vacuuming the couch and himself. He appears to be stress cleaning.
Speaker 2: Very dangerous activity. Oh yeah, vacuuming yourself.
Speaker 3: Joey and Jesse walk in, noticing the vacuum attached to Danny. Well, it had to happen. The vacuum finally turned on him, Joey jokes. Joey walks over to Danny, asking what's going on with him, but Danny ignores him, continuing to vacuum instead. Joey clean, I can relate to this rage cleaning.
Speaker 2: Oh rage cleaning.
Speaker 1: Wipe down a counter with such anger. If it wasn't made a tile, I would have disintegrated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a best Yeah. Joey unplugs the vacuum and Danny threatens never pull my plug when I'm cleaning again again.
Speaker 1: I mean, I couldn't say if I had to look you dead in the eye and say that, I couldn't be like I I'm sorry looking at your forehead again.
Speaker 3: Right, Something's never changed. Joey and Danny launch into an argument. Jesse quickly tries to stop it, shouting whoa who Fred and Ethel. Jesse asks if they're really going to ruin a twenty year friendship, and Danny explains how he and Joey became friends in the first place. On the day we met, I saved his butt. Joey argues it was actually him that saved Danny's butt. Danny begins to tell a story from the fifth grade. He and Joey had just finished lunch. The year was nineteen sixty eight, and we fade to a flashback scene. Flashback, we see a young Danny sitting on a bench in the schoolyard, which looks like the exact same set as dj and Stephanie's school.
Speaker 1: Also, there is only one school in all of San Francisco, one elementary school. One back ever been remodeled since nineteen sixty eight. The population's remained pretty steadily consistent and they haven't had to do anything.
Speaker 2: So luckily that school is still there.
Speaker 3: Untouched, untouched, the same kids in the background and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like the Shining where you're like, those are the same people, right.
Speaker 3: So young Danny is holding a tissue to his bloody nose. A teacher is reprimanding young Joey and sits him down next to Danny. In the meantime, another dark haired boy who looks a lot like Jesse is chasing two girls, trying to kiss them.
Speaker 1: So, then, does this mean that Danny knew Pam, because that would have Pam is at the school because her younger brother, Jesse's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Well, and Jesse's several years younger.
Speaker 1: Then, he's a couple years younger, right, he's so he's probably if they're in fifth grade, he's probably in like the first grade, second grade something like that. I'd say, look like second third maybe, okay, second third.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Pam, Yeah, Pam should be there, right, unless she was homeschooled or something. But yeah, they should have already met. Yeah yeah, Wow, they should have cast a young Pam Like, what a missed opportunity? Right? Oh? Man, well, right, then a bully walks up to the bench to tease young Danny. He's the one who threw a ball at Danny's head that caused the nosebleed. Joey stands up from the bench to compliment the bully on his hair. The bully takes the compliment and Joey adds, who cut it rotal router? All the kids laugh.
Speaker 1: The days of the Flowbie, when you'd attached the thing to your vacuum cleaner. Oh yeah, yes exactly, because that's never a bad idea again, vacuum cleaning yourself.
Speaker 2: But let's put a haircut on.
Speaker 3: Let's yeah with the hair version of that, right? Uh. The bully can't think of a comeback, and Joey fires off another one. Is that your head? Or did your neck blow a bubble? Everybody laughs again, and Joey thanks the crowd, doing his typical cut it out. These kids are great, Like I just gotta say, they were hilarious. This kid has Dave's mannerisms, totally Dave's mannerisms.
Speaker 1: And but weirdly, he reminded me a little bit of Mark Sandrowski.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he looked a little bit like Mark.
Speaker 2: He looked a little bit like Marx. Now.
Speaker 1: Mark Sandrowski was Dave's best friend who originally came up with cut it Out, as Dave told us on the show. But I don't know why the kid maybe it was like the kind of the short hair, but just his like his mannerisms, like he reminded me a little bit of Mark Sandrowski.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just found it funny that he actually was the one that I.
Speaker 3: Can totally see that. And Mark was our stage manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he's you know, Emmy Award winning director.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep. I'm telling you that stage, that stage twenty four, it was either magic or we killed.
Speaker 1: Careers like we either it either went great for you or you never worked in the business again.
Speaker 3: Yep. So Joey sits back down on the bench and Danny asks where he got all those good jokes. Joey pulls out a book called one thousand and one Insults. We see young Jesse running away from the two girls, this time yelling one at a time. Just then the bully brings over Miss Borland to tattle on Joey. Danny sticks up for him, saying Joseph has been a perfect angel. The bully, whose name we learn is Sheldon, calls Danny a liar, but Miss Borland stops Sheldon, revealing that Danny has never been in trouble a day in his life. She takes Sheldon to Therincipal's office, Joey and Danny both thank one another, and Joey points out that they saved each other, which means they are soul brothers. To make it official, Joey says they have to bury something really important to them. Danny hesitates, won't we get dirty? Then he backtracks, saying he'll just be careful. They do this soul shake handshake awkwardly.
Speaker 2: Then there was that moment.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I want to talk about it. Okay, maybe we don't talk about.
Speaker 1: It, but it was the sole handshake was I I mean, I agree with the kid in the background, Well, just you can't call that a soul handshake, no, no, no, no, just call it a handshake, like there's just a handshake that trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it was not it was.
Speaker 3: It's not agreed agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's definitely a minorly problematic moment. And that I was like, I don't is it.
Speaker 3: I was like, this isn't happening? Is this happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, again one of those nineteen eighty nine jokes. Wow yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So missus Borland brings over the boy in the green sweatshirt and scolds him until you learn to stop chasing the girls. Jesse kutzopolisk, You're gonna sit right here with me, and Young Jesse exclaims, have mercy. I love it. Young Jesse's even in the traditional teal the Jesse color like the tea blue green, Tino right, it's this was very lover.
Speaker 2: He is never strayed far from from who he was.
Speaker 3: Yeahs still the same all these years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the flashback ends and we're back in the living room. We see Jesse sitting on the couch with a smile on his face. I used to have fantasies about Miss Borland dancing on Laughing with a socket to Me painted on her tummy.
Speaker 2: Do you get that? No, with socket to me? Not a socket with stock it to me?
Speaker 1: So h Goldie Hawn when she was On Laughing in the seventies, which was a like a sort of an SNL type skin comedy review show whatever.
Speaker 2: They would have. They had this big like uh.
Speaker 1: Part where and the different people would pop out from behind different doors like little doors and things like that.
Speaker 2: But she had uh sock it to me.
Speaker 1: She would dance in like a little bikini and she had sock it to me painted on her tummy. And she would like do like the little like the swim and the you know whatever.
Speaker 2: It was like it was a thing. But yeah, ok it was her in a bathing suit on laughing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's it's a cute girl with Okay, got it? Yeah, a lot more sense. I thought it was random, So I'm glad to know. Yeah what exactly?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I will all take us down that history lane there and explain to everyone what in the hell we're talking.
Speaker 3: So Jesse snaps himself back to reality, telling Danny that was a beautiful story. The boys were there for each other. Danny emphasizes were there for each other. Joey shakes his head. I should have let Sheldon cream you. Jesse tries to bring them back together, reminding them how much history they have. Danny insists everything is in the past. He decides he's gonna dig up the box they buried because he doesn't want his stuff resting next to Joey's for all of eternity. Joey follows him out because he wants his stuff too, but he doesn't remember where they buried it. This leaves Jesse to ponder in the living room. Miss borland I wonder if I still have her number?
Speaker 2: Wait? Yes, why did he have Miss Borland's number?
Speaker 3: Because he's Jesse Cassopolis. He's already getting phone numbers at age seven or whatever he want?
Speaker 2: Why is she given her phone number to a seven year old? Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: I was like, what again? A joke that wouldn't really work these days?
Speaker 2: But just wait, what is that is? What is the implication there?
Speaker 3: Well, and last week he threw his little black book into the fire, so he doesn't He definitely doesn't have her number.
Speaker 2: Now have her number?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I lost to have her number numbers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's committed to back.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure since nineteen seventy two or sixty eight or whatever that flashback was, she may have changed her number.
Speaker 3: If she was smart, she changed her phone number.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So next we are in the hallway. DJ carries Michelle out of her room, saying she can't live there. Once Michelle is dropped off, Steph immediately brings her back into the hallway, reminding her she lives with DJ. Now. Michelle holds her hands up and shrugs, what a day. Harry walks upstairs and greets the girls. Hi, Steph, Hi, honey, Harry. Harry read the room.
Speaker 2: You're pushing it, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's ballsy.
Speaker 2: Steph's gonna Steph is ready to smack you. Yeah, you know what I mean. You can't just walk walk up and no.
Speaker 3: This is no Harry's got a lot to learn.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, yeah, yeah, you know, I really this one hurts.
Speaker 3: It hurts, It does cut deep. So Steph bitterly tells DJ her boyfriend is here. DJ argues that he is not her boyfriend. All she did was teach him how to subtract. Steph insists that DJ hypnotized him with oranges and put him in a love.
Speaker 2: Trance, as one does.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jesse steps in and makes everyone go to his room to play a game of Junior Love Connection. Steph rolls her eyes. I'd rather play divorce Court.
Speaker 2: That's called foreshadowing.
Speaker 3: Michelle is already in Jesse's room, lying on his bed with her legs crossed as she reads his mail. Jesse tells her to stop because it's personal, and then he realizes what am I saying? He walks Michelle out. Jesse tells DJ to nicely tell Harry how she really feels. She flatly says, kid you don't have a prayer, and Jesse responds nicer huh. DJ walks over to Steph and points out the great girl that Harry already has. Harry looks at Steph. Sorry, chief, forgive me. Steph shakes her head in your dreams, goody good. Yeah, it's not that easy.
Speaker 2: No, it is not that easy.
Speaker 3: Make him work, you know, I admire Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jesse grabs Harry's arms and pretends to be him, using his arms for emphasis. He pleads take me back, take me back, and DJ does the same, with Steph exclaiming, oh, Harry, I forgive you. They reach out their hands and shake on it and Steph gives it. Okay, you're my boyfriend again. This was a fun little scene to watch.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing that, and you can see on me and Nathan's faces like we could hardly keep our Yeah. Ok, this is straight, and I'm pretty sure we cracked up multiple times while being puppeted around by them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can definitely see just how much funny guys are having with this. Yeah. So Harry raises his hands in relief, Steph pokes him and then exclaims you're it as they both ran out of the room. Dj sits with Jesse on his bed and sighs. Love is weird, and Jesse admits, trust me, babe, it gets a lot weirder.
Speaker 1: True, and you still wind up poking each other and saying you're it and then running out.
Speaker 3: Of the room.
Speaker 2: Yes. Uh.
Speaker 3: Next in the school yard, Danny is digging in the school yard and Joey comments, you dig slower than you play basketball. There goes that glacier again.
Speaker 1: Also, they haven't re landscaped the yard since nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: No rights dug up a new plant.
Speaker 3: They didn't go very deep, like they're just in a planter with a couple of scoops of.
Speaker 1: Dirts, the same little plants and dirt since nineteen sixty eight, no one has touched it.
Speaker 3: You know, schools. But the school's budget it was slashed, and that they couldn't landscape.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 1: We can't buy a new dirt. We have to use the old dirt. Yeah, that the late sixties dirt.
Speaker 3: Keep it. It's all in all that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Danny hands the shovel to Joey, telling him to dig. On Joey's first dig, he hits something. Danny reaches in to pull out what looks like a rusty paint can. He opens it and finds his old Giant's cap. He puts it on his head and it's obviously quite small. Joey finds his very first insult book. Danny pulls out a piece of paper and Joey reminds him it's their pledge. He reads it out loud. This is to prove that on February twenty third, nineteen sixty eight, we pledge on our most sacred possessions to be soul brothers for life, even if one guy moves real far away. Right on Get Down, Stay Funky, Signed Daniel, Ernest Tanner, and Joseph Alvin Gladstone.
Speaker 1: All I could think of was Alvin and the Chipmunks and Ernest goes to camp.
Speaker 2: These are this is all I was.
Speaker 3: Like, Wait, yeah, this, I was not expecting these these middle names. I don't think we've ever heard him before.
Speaker 1: Know if we ever hear I don't know if we ever hear their middle names. We've been introduced to Danny's middle name and the family motto.
Speaker 3: That's a lot for one episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a lot of official background information.
Speaker 3: Danny admits we have horrible middle names, but Joey points out that they did keep their pledge. Danny recalls how they did everything together growing up, and Joey emphasizes that they still do everything together. Danny tells him it's not the same and shares his real feelings with Joey. Ever since you and Jesse became good buddies and now your partners, I don't know, I feel left out. Joey asks why Danny didn't tell him this in the first place. Danny says he didn't want him to get the wrong idea because he's glad they're friends. Joey assures Danny he will always be his best friend. It even says so right there in the pledge. Danny siys, I've been acting like a jerk. Joey doesn't disagree, but he had a good reason. Joey apologizes as well and tells Danny to remember that no matter what happens, they are always there for each other. And then they do their soul shake hand shake. Joey wants to bury their stuff again and dig it up when they're old men. Danny comments, well, by then, I'll be so shriveled up this cat might cap might fix me, fit me, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Well, it could fix him too, it might it could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fit him or fix him?
Speaker 2: Yep, right, I mean that cap could do a lot it.
Speaker 3: Can They stick the hat, the book, and their pledge back into the paint. Can. Danny pauses, saying some things missing. We see a little dissolved to indicate that some time has passed, and Jesse is now walking towards them irritated. You guys are nuts. I had to stash the girls at the Gibblers, rush down here just to bring you my blow dryer, Joey tells him they needed his most prized possession. Danny asks Jesse to sign the pledge, which will officially initiate the three of them as best friends forever. Jesse's touched, but he has to say, if my hair looks like hell tomorrow, I'm coming back here and digging that thing up. Joey says they all have to do the official soul brother handshake. Jesse is apprehensive, so Danny suggests they could all hug instead. Jesse doesn't hesitate. He'll do the handshake instead of a hug, And that's our show, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, you know.
Speaker 1: I also have to say that paint can, which was quite rusty, quickly kept those items inside in incredibly immaculate condition, well preserved twenty plus years.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was almost like it was hermetically sealed so that no airflow could get in there, because yeah, they were in great shape.
Speaker 2: Although, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So that's one of those things when you think about you're like, how god, was what thirty years and you're like, no, nineteen sixty eight to like nineteen eighty eight when the or ish when the show twenty years, that's.
Speaker 3: Only twenty years. Yeah wow wow, yeah, okay, so twenty years is not that long in comparing in comparison.
Speaker 2: But that paper held up really well. It is like, wow, that that's it. Paper held up better than the handshake. I'll tell you that. That's it. Yeah, it really did.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 1: But this was but it was such a cute It was a very cute episode. I liked getting to see uh, Danny and Joey as as kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was the best part of the episode.
Speaker 2: And Jesse as as a kid.
Speaker 3: Super fun. Love those flashback scenes. I wish we had more of them.
Speaker 2: And apparently now we know they all grew up in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at that same schoolyard with the same dirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not much has changed in San Francisco. You know, things just stay the same. That's what I hear about that city all the time. But now it was I love this, like finding out kind of the background of how Joey and Danny became friends. Yeah, and yeah, and seeing them like they've known each other their whole lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is long. Yeah, longer than Jesse and Danny have known each other. Longer than Pam and Danny maybe, But.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know. Now I have questions.
Speaker 3: We have questions.
Speaker 1: I have questions because now obviously they went to school together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe she went to a different school. Maybe she was a transfer. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need Jeff Franklin to explain this. Come on, I don't think everyone. I don't think anyone ever really thought about it. Were like whatever, it's fine, But I have thoughts right now, I'm like, wait, what is the what's the lore? How are all of these people connected?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need another flashback scene. We need to know the answers to these questions.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna go write one, and we're gonna we're gonna perform it so.
Speaker 2: For anyone else, just for our own edification, so that we.
Speaker 1: Know what's going in your garage. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I've got costumes.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Did you have any?
Speaker 2: Every where?
Speaker 3: Everywhere you looks I had one?
Speaker 2: Okay, everywhere you look?
Speaker 1: Moment And it happened in the beginning, Oh oh tell me, And it was it was very minor. But in that first scene when DJ and Steph and Harry uh come into the kitchen, right, do you notice what DJ is.
Speaker 2: Eating this time?
Speaker 3: Not an orange? What is she? No? What is she eating?
Speaker 2: Cold fried chicken? She is?
Speaker 1: I didn't notice that she is also eating cold fried chicken.
Speaker 2: So it is a uh.
Speaker 1: It has been passed down from uncle to niece that cold fried chicken is the preferred snack pay of the house.
Speaker 3: This is now a running theme throughout the entire Tanner House with all the characters.
Speaker 2: Cold fried chicken and oranges. That's what we exist on.
Speaker 3: I wonder, like, how did that taste? Like? You know, prop food is never.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was like it was greasy fried chicken that had then then was then cold. It was just really salty and cold.
Speaker 2: It wasn't great.
Speaker 3: But you're sound like you're really eating, you know, it's not like you're eating.
Speaker 1: I do remember as a kid though, picking off the chicken skin the cold chickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was salty.
Speaker 3: It was good, come on, like a salt.
Speaker 1: It just really what it was just like, I mean, that's the fried chicken skin on the fried chickens.
Speaker 2: That's what we all are there for. The meat is really into that.
Speaker 1: That's secondary to the totally secondary, right, I just want the fried stuff, and so I would just like take little pinches off of it, and it was Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was just salty.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, cold fried chicken made it appearance nice, very nice.
Speaker 2: Did you have one?
Speaker 3: I do have one, but I sort of cheated because this is a little fact I read online. I didn't actually know this until I read this.
Speaker 2: Fat.
Speaker 1: So this is every not necessarily everywhere you look, but everywhere someone looks.
Speaker 3: Everywhere someone else looks, everywhere somebody else.
Speaker 2: I'm coffeeing it, got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, everywhere you plag your eyes.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Danny's Giants cap that he buried in the playground in nineteen sixty eight, right, that's a goof because apparently the Giants didn't start wearing that particular cap until nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Uh, I was gonna say, I was like, I wonder if it's if it's the same you know, logo, because they tend to change their sports teams overtimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently Danny was ahead of his time wearing Well, Danny's.
Speaker 2: A time traveler. Yeah. Yeah, that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: That's a whole other episode, right.
Speaker 1: Which explains why the buried thing is still there because at some point he had to travel forward in time and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, it all makes sense now.
Speaker 1: It all makes sense. And somehow it's tied into a total.
Speaker 3: Solar eclipse, total eclipse of the heart, Total solar eclipse of the Heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, Bonnie Tyler residuals on these clips dazed, you know, right, it's like a nice little paycheck for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like every time you're shooting and someone says, okay, we're going to turn around, and everyone sings turn around, and you're like, why do we do this?
Speaker 2: Why? Why? I hate myself that I sing this every time?
Speaker 3: But you can't resist. You can't resist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true, just like I couldn't resist the appeal of this week's episode.
Speaker 2: It was adorable. I love seeing the guys as little kids. It was very fun.
Speaker 3: That was awesome, so awesome.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you everyone for joining us for another episode but partially or totally unhinged episode of how Rude tan Rito's. We love doing the show for you guys. With you guys, it is just so much fun. So make sure you tune in next week. In the meantime, if you want to follow us on Instagram, you can follow us at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us an email at howardpodcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: We love to hear your comments questions.
Speaker 1: Please let us know anything you know about eclipses, giants, caps, yea, how things survive in dirt for twenty plus years. I don't know the taste of cold fried chicken, taste of cold fried chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of those things. We're here for it.
Speaker 1: But thank you again for joining us. And we just love you guys, and we have so much fun.
Speaker 2: And remember the world is small, but the house is full. Look at look how.
Speaker 3: Professionally bracelet no hands, no bracelet?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: You're definitely off bracelet now.
Speaker 2: But it's but it's.
Speaker 3: Did you just study it? You should study it like before we record.
Speaker 2: Just it's like a little rosary. I just like spin it around and each little bead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love it. Good job, Jody.
Speaker 2: Thanks Aby,