Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jette and he.
Speaker 3: Arms a disgusting abomination, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: I could be a new liner from a dimly lit room deep with them, the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty communications compound.
Speaker 2: Which sometimes is a disgusting abomination. You should see behind.
Speaker 1: Me today we are under the tutelage of our general manager. You stole my general manager. I'm faster, so I guess our general manager. More less is the Elon story the DA the DA certainly Yeah. I had a couple of alternates, but that one is too amusing to pass up. Elon Musk calling the Big Beautiful Bill not a big and beautiful, but a disgusting abomination.
Speaker 2: Here's my favorite part of the coverage.
Speaker 1: Course, if you're going to participate in an abomination, it is going to be disgusting.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of this is the glee with which all the lefty media is taking it. I wonder if people will stop flipping me off in my cyberbeast. I got another one yesterday. It wasn't a flip me off. But this young person was walking in front of me in the crosswalk as stopped at the red light. They went eo boo, boo boo.
Speaker 2: And thumbs down to me in my Tesla cyber truck.
Speaker 1: So I wonder if that'll stop now that the glee has begun with the lefty media. NPR was jutting up and giving you high fives. Now roll down your window, high five, then way to go, NPR, and just so excited about this and what I like about it the best is and this is what I felt about last week because I thought that was way overblown, the end of the bromance.
Speaker 2: They're way more interested in the high school gossip. Ye who's friends and who's not?
Speaker 1: Then how about you look at the actual issue of the debt and whether this is a good idea or not. I don't give a crap about the relationship between Donald Trump and Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: I give many craps, as many craps.
Speaker 1: As you can give about may borrow a few craps to give right about whether or not the country goes broke. The horrifyingly moronic irony of the lefty media cheering Elon Musk for his criticism. Yeah, you criticize Elon, I'll it crazy over spending and going into debt and social programs that are too big. You plas trump over that? Are you serious? Are you people really serious? I know, God say there aren't nearly enough slappings in this country. These people need a good slapping. I hate to say exactly the same thing that Chuck Schumer and Jefferies said yesterday, the Democratic leaders of the Senate and House, I agree with Elon Musk. They were so excited to say, with big smiles on their face, like that was clever. Yeah, it is a disgusting abomination. It is every single year, not just this time, it is every single year. I was looking at the list yesterday of how much we have spent more than we have taken in every year since two thousand.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It was crazy in two thousand.
Speaker 1: And people talked about it regularly, but it was a tiny amount compared to the way we overspend now right right. If I were to sound one note of hopefulness, it would be this. I was just reading Jason rilesyd soon is that your notable?
Speaker 2: It won't matter when you're dead.
Speaker 1: No, I was reading Jason Riley's column for the Wall Street Journal, and he was talking about how the Democrats have hemorrhage support among various minority voters and his analysis, which we may dive into a little bit later because he's a terrific writer, but his analysis essentially boils down to all of the rhetoric and the race baiting and all that just it. People see through it. They want to know about is my neighborhood safe? Do I have reasonable job prospects? And are my kids learning at school? The rest of the crap is crap, and people see through it. So if you know, I don't have a ton of hope, but I have some hope and just the common sensical perceptions of the American people, which frequently surprise me how well they cut through the media's crap, like that Joe Biden is fine. The run circles around us beyond the sands. Is this is the best vision of Joe Biden and Evy. If you don't like it, our media overlord's told us for months and months and months. Meanwhile the American people were saying, look senile to me. The other thing that's got me down is I had one thousand pallets to steal an aluminum that I was supposed to import last week, but Jack the procrastinator didn't get around to it, and now the tariffs have doubled the day to fifty percent. What am I gonna ask The're not gonna pay all that money to get my all I steal in aluminum that I like to buy at the beginning of every summer and bring her so excited about that illuminum. I know, and I knew the tariffs were coming on June fourth, and here they are. What do fifty tariffs un stealing aluminum mean? Nobody knows? How long does it last? I was airing one interesting business report on it's really hard to negotiate with other countries now because they know if they wait just a little bit, the courts might overturn it. And then why would they make any sort of deal if the courts like make it illegal, which they did for like forty eight hours last week, and then they don't they don't have to make a deal. Well, you combine that with the whole Taco philosophy. Trump always chickens out, which is a completely unfair characterization. Trump always makes a maximalist to opening offer. Then then you know comes down and tries to reach a middle point. It's just the way some people negotiate. But yeah, there's not a lot of incentive to say, yes, we'll go along with it. We'll go along with it. People are like, yeah, we'll wait and see. Countries, I should say, are taking more of that attitude?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I had this thought as we were just about to jump on the air this morning. A disgusting abomination, that's right. Ah. You remember, back way way way back two thousand and three, Gladys good times, George W. Bush had a brilliant idea, We're going to bring a Jeffersonian democracy to Iraq. Work beautifully. Anyway, we were waiting for the Shock in Awe to begin, and CNN, which wasn't crappy back then, was broadcasting live from Baghdad. You remember old bag Dad Bob tanks. What day? There are no tanks in Baghdad. They're broadcasting live and watching various explosions go off around Iraq and we and other people, because it had been leaked that the operation was going to be called shock and Awe, and we're like, oh, is this shock in awe? This is pretty shocking. I'm in some awe but then when it actually started, it was like, oh wow, okay, I'm reminded of that. I'm thinking of the charming Armstrong and Geddy Welcome to the Spicy Times t shirts that you could purchase if you like, for a reasonable price, the Armstrong and Getty store, Armstrong Geddy dot com. I keep thinking, are these the spicy times? Yes, this is pretty spot I'll bet these are the spicy times. I've got a bit of a feeling when the spicy times come, it's gonna be again. Oh okay, maybe when the Chinese drones hit your local electric plant at the same time that the nation is running a debt to GDP ratio much more than World War Two during peacetime, that's the spicy times. And Trump declares Marshal law because he's a dictator. He's the litwe hitler. By the way, Elon Musk's tweet yesterday on his own Twitter was I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore. This massive, outrageous, pork filled congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination. Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong, you know it, which is a heck of a thing. To say, I mean, that's not that's not that's not sugarcoating it. Uh no, shame and I who voted for it, you know you did wrong. It will massively increase the already gigantic budget deficit to two point five trillion and burdened American citizens with crushingly unsustainable debt.
Speaker 2: You can't argue with a word of that.
Speaker 1: No, it's absolutely correct. Some of the criticism I've heard coming back at that is, yeah, that's what these bills look like always yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that'll be my point always.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Chuck Schumer and Hakeem Jeffries, Yeah, your party doesn't overspend at all, Biden. Biden didn't run multi trillion dollar deficits. And you, of course were screaming and yelling about fiscal responsibility at the time. Oh please, subscene, it's the whole thing is obscene.
Speaker 2: Of course. The Republicans are disgusting, abomination.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. The Republican Party is supposed to be the party that calls out the spending. And now this, Yeah, we tried that, nobody wanted it. Yeah, good point, sign the Republican Party. We should start the show officially before we lose everybody. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this How did it already get to be Wednesday, June fourth year, twenty twenty five or Armstrong and getting We approve of this program. Let's begin then officially, acording to f SC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark is.
Speaker 4: How to eat a banana. Now we don't pick it up and peel it like a primate. Instead, we use a knife and fork. First, going from one end, cut it off, then cut off the other end, turning your knife on its side, score down the skin, peel back.
Speaker 1: And he likes, that's a guy explaining how to eat a banana, and not like a damn primate with a little class, except that we are quite literally primates for almost apens. If I ever sat down with somebody and they ate a banana with a knife and fork, I feel like I might have to just get up and leave without a word. I would don't even say anything. I wouldn't even say excuse me. I would just stand up, turn on my heels, and walk out. I honestly think I would be thinking, Wow, this could get really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should stick around and see what other disgusting abominations occur.
Speaker 2: You're eating a banana with a knife and fork.
Speaker 1: You cut off one end, then the other. Now ton your knife sideways and scalf the banana. What how does he eat an apple? I can't imagine. Similarly, it's classy, however he does it. My guy was wearing an ascot, wasn't he, Michael, Yeah, to be of course, I eat soup with my hands, so I'm the wrong guy to house. Oh, we have a lot more news of the day to get to some good stuff.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stick around for Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, some of the analysis of the bill is pretty interesting going. More and more is emerging about the giant Ukrainian drone attack, really revealing and fascinating and somewhat troubling. Yeah. Also, there was a Speechifian thing that was big in the Beltway, probably most people didn't hear about it, but in which JD. Vance and Marco Rubio offered up a vision of the future post Trump that as a conservative, if you are of that event, you might find very interesting. Japan is going to be the country we get to watch disappear first from not having kids, and they got some new stats that are quite amazing. Also, I heard something about AI yesterday that was so damned interesting, And I was also thinking of this. If when you hear us tease an AI story, you like, ah, got Mari, I you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: You really should not, because this is coming like a steam train, I would agree. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We've got lots of stuff on the way, including Katie's headlines to stay.
Speaker 2: Here summertime and the living is easy? Huh is it?
Speaker 1: I hadn't noticed you left early yesterday. You didn't get to see Michael and I. Michaelangel and I doing planks based on a new study of how long you should be able to do a plank at various ages. So I was attempting to make up for my inexcused absence last night by working, and my wife came into the room where I was watching news and going through news sources, and she's cracking up. She has tears in her eyes, she's laughing so hard. She says, have you heard the One More Thing? I'm like, No, I didn't know the Armstrong You Getty One More Thing podcast available wherever you like to get Podcasts includes Michael and Jacket, a planking contest, believe it or not. Yes, and Katie berating both of them in hilarious fashion.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: You both get Katie Green. Yes, what's that? They both did well over fifteen issue? Yea is that was? That's a hell of a planking performance. Salute you both. Although how strict were we about formed?
Speaker 2: I was two and a half. I wasn't gonna quit until Michael Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I finally just had to quit. Or there's give me a nine to one one call on epic Paddle. I'd love to hear more about it, but it's time to figure out who's reporting. What's the lead story with Katie Great Katie all right?
Speaker 5: Starting with USA Today, Bolder attacked suspects family cooperating in probe, but could be deported soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've already been grabbed by Ice. Interesting story about his daughter, we'll get to a little bit later. Who loves America. Came to the United States to go to medical school. She is the last daughter that he waited for to graduate.
Speaker 2: She seems like she loves this country.
Speaker 1: And are we even her out?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a plan, which sucks for her. Hey, dad, thanks for being a terrorist and ruining my entire life.
Speaker 2: Orron from NBC.
Speaker 5: Trump ratchets up steal tariffs to fill percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they double. They were twenty five, now they're fifty. And we'll see what this does to prices.
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, Iran's supreme leader rejects US nuclear deal offer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where is this going? And the spicy spicy time. Right, And in case you've forgotten, the biggest war we've been engaged in in a quarter century is what the threat is.
Speaker 2: That's US bombing Iran, As you guys mentioned from.
Speaker 5: The Washington Post, Musk rails against Trump tax bill, calling it a quote disgusting abomination.
Speaker 1: Well, he's right, but they all have been to see that. That's the missing piece of this. They have been year after year after year after year. I agree completely with Elon Musk, but again I think what the headline here is a brilliant billionaire pays attention to government for first time.
Speaker 2: For ABC.
Speaker 5: Two Chinese nationals charged with smuggling potential agro terrorism fungus into the United States.
Speaker 1: Wow, she thought that this was not some sort of Yeah, he had a little athlete's foot when I came through customs. No, this is a pathogen designed to do damage. Wow, this is an act of war in my opinion. Wow, if the investigation pairs out, I.
Speaker 2: Want to hear more about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. If you see the pictures that they've posted of this, they're in like specimen bags labeled.
Speaker 1: I want to hear more about this story. Somebody needs to take give them of this. I suppose could get me to get back to Elon Musk. I heard some guys who ought to know better the other day talking about Elon Musk and saying, well, yeah, I guess he's you know, he's a kind of bright guy. He's done some stuff. But what is it with the need to denigrate Elon Musk whether you agree with him or not, Well.
Speaker 2: That's over. Barack Obama had like.
Speaker 1: The top one percent of political instincts and ability to connect with audiences. He was once in a generation political you know talent who I disagreed with on virtually everything. But I don't hesitate to say the guy was really bright. What is it what the need to say, yeah, Elan Ana know, he's I got I don't know.
Speaker 5: From the New York Post, Tiffany Gomes, the crazy plane lady who went viral after the not real Grant launch his new career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of only fans issue for you pay various things to talk to her and stuff. She's being very coy about what she will or not do won't do on this website. Do you pay a subscription for private? Yeah? Whatever, good for you, crazy saxy plain ladies. I see the appeal. Yeah, unfiltered and unapologetic. She's calling provocative.
Speaker 5: And finally the Babylon Bee Hamas agrees to surrender if Europe will take Gretaitunberg back.
Speaker 1: So we stole my dreams. We teased about a dozen different stories. We will hit on some of those and we will try to make them interesting for you. That's what we do right here on the Armstrong and Getty Show. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Actress Sidney Sweeney has partnered with a men's personal care brand to offer a new soap made from her bathwater, because you want to be nice and clean when the FBI shows up to your apartment.
Speaker 1: So we were just talking about the fungus that these kamis tried to sneak in from China, and that seemed to be a pretty accurate statement. By the way that what I just said So this Chinese national couple, they both study funguses and that sort of stuff in China. She's a known member, like active member, of the Chinese Communist Party. She comes to the United States and starts studying at university in Michigan. And he tries to smuggle in this fungus that would kill crops, could kill livestock. I mean, it's really really a big deal. He gets caught. He lies repeatedly about what he's doing until he finally fesses up that he was smuggling it in, but then denies that she had anything to do do with it, and she she knew anything about it, until they look through her communications and realize she knew all about it, and she had been communicating with him for a long time about how to sneak this in. And again, she's a known member of the Communist Party in China. She works for the evil commies, and what in the hell were they going to do with this fungus that, if we got to let loose in the United States, could be devastating to crops in livestock. It's classified as a potential agro terror weapon according to the Justice Department. The charging US Attorney Jerome Gorgan said yesterday the alleged actions of these Chinese nationals, including a loil member of the Chinese Communist Party, are of the gravest national security concerns.
Speaker 2: You're right, how this isn't an act of war, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I think a presumption that, let's see, communist agents, known communist agents, snuck this in not for innocent research, but to do damage, is a presumption. We're absolutely well. I think it's incumbent on us to make that presumption. If we don't, we're just too stupid naive to have a superpower anymore. You've got a sworn enemy bringing pathogens into the country that could do billions and billions of dollars of damage to agriculture, and then lying about it repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Well, right, and there lie.
Speaker 1: If they're both really super to researching this thing and they just you know, he brought it in here so they could do more research, so they could be university stars or whatever, that's a pretty good lie. I mean, that'd be a pretty good story to throw out there, as opposed to all this pretending you didn't do it and then looking through the communications and figuring out, yeah, you did it and you'd been working on it for quite some time. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, that's something I hope we take this seriously.
Speaker 1: Whole of society effort to overcome the United States, that's what China is engaged in. From the bankers to the scientists, to the soldiers to the shopkeepers, they're all tasked at times with finding a way to end the Great Satan's rule. A little follow up on Katie's other story about the daughter of that freaking crazy flamethrower terrorist dude from Colorado. Their whole family, five kids and mom have been detained by Ice and there looks like they're going to get kicked out of the United States.
Speaker 2: He had been the.
Speaker 1: Cover feature of a glowing profile that the oldest daughter in the Denver Gazette about winners of its best and brightest scholarship for graduating high school seniors. She was going to be a doctor, and she talks about how her family moving to the United States so she could pursue a dream career in medicine had and living in America had fundamentally changed her and how much how great it was to be here and all the opportunities that afforded that didn't didn't have before and all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So what the hell's going on in that family?
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's an outlier and the other four are, you know, or or terrorist sympathizers or whatever mom and the other kids, or or if he was just a went off the rail or I don't know what's going on there, but that's.
Speaker 2: Quite the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would guess we're going to find out he just went off the rails. What a kook? Did you see the latest video where you see him show up in his gardener outfit? Uh? Sus, Yeah, I think I saw it. So he shows up in saw him in his vest in Hi? Yeah? He shows up in orange vests they bought at home depot or whatever with and he bought some flowers to make it look more like a gardener. And then all of a sudden, he turns around with his hose that he made a flame homemade flamethrower out of from watching a YouTube video, starts scorting people and setting it on fire, sets himself on fire, has to take off the vest and the T shirt and starts, you know, smothering more people with flammable liquid so he can set them on fire like a completely freaking nut job. So here is the story that I came across about AI AI yesterday that I thought was so damned interesting. Did you know this? This is Megan mccardal, who writes she's with the Dispatch and also writes, I think for the Washington Post. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'd never thought about this before.
Speaker 1: There will be a lagging productivity with AI, likely in the same way there was a lagging productivity with computers and the Internet. So there's a lot of talk about how AI is going to make us so more productive that even if it eliminates jobs, will be as a very productive society. And maybe, you know, AI and computers can do all the producing and we'll just live off their producing, which is great, not gonna work. But that aside, I had never heard this before, and I should read more about it.
Speaker 2: So when.
Speaker 1: It became a thing that you didn't have to sit down at a typewriter and uh and and type out a long letter or you know, dictate to your secretary and then they tape type out along that or other you know, word processors or voice texting or all these different sorts of things happened. We didn't immediately become x, you know, more productive. Because of that, we had x more time to screw around. And that's what most people did. You just had a less busy day.
Speaker 2: For the most part.
Speaker 1: You'd get you could get, you could get, you know, you could get out a proposal in and half the time with computer or the internet or whatever. But it seems that we use that other half hour that we would have used before having to write it out by end and then type it out by in you know, surfing the internet or talking to.
Speaker 2: People are on the coffee or whatever, as opposed to being more productive.
Speaker 1: And then over time, in the way that the private sector does, you know, they squeeze more out of you, and then they should and then you know, eventually they hire Bill and give you Bill's job. Now you've got two jobs and you're making the same salary you made before. But you're happy for it because the Bill has no job. But you know how that whole thing works. But the she believes the same thing will happen with AI, which will be even more disruptive to society, and that AI could come in eliminate a bunch of jobs or a bunch of stuff that you need to do at work. And we won't immediately be a way more productive society. We'll just have a little more leisure at work and it will take a few years to catch up to where we're more productive. Also also the idea that when people start getting laid off in large numbers because AI can allow, you know, I'll use a fictitious company, you know, to get the ink when they lay off fifteen thousand people because all of a sudden, all those jobs can be done with AI. That's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Political problem for them.
Speaker 1: You know, there's gonna be there's gonna be blowback to that, and companies are gonna have to figure out do I, you know, how much do I of this?
Speaker 2: Do I want to do?
Speaker 1: Even though financially it's a good idea, I don't need these people, but I don't want to be you know, I don't know, I don't need people picketing outside my house and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So that'll be a heck of a thing to watch.
Speaker 1: Well, hear at Getty Incorporated, we don't give a damn about you, your family, your hopes, or your dreams. And what we will be doing is laying off precisely, and we will use a hi to determine this number precisely the maximum number of people we can that still is below the threshold of anybody really paying attention to. Right, we will lay off two hundred and ninety eight people every other.
Speaker 2: Right until we're done. Right, But that is gonna be the way it has to unroll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then it becomes a political problem for politicians, and it could be a mass in the whole country, and and then one party is going to take the reins of something. One party will claim we'll bring back all those jobs even though they can't, and you get elected over and over again. Would never claim that. Hilarious. Oh speaking AI, one more note on that topic. Apparently an increasing number before we move on. Do you buy that?
Speaker 2: Do you buy that?
Speaker 1: I'd never heard that before. Do you think we just had more more screwing around time at work? Maybe that's when, like, you know, March madness, brackets really took off or whatever, when the word.
Speaker 2: Process are hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if it'll be uh, you know, just three months or five years. But retrospect, do you exist? But do you think that happened before? Because I'd never heard anybody say that before. Oh yeah, yeah, I think so, just because you know the methods by which you can monitor precisely how productive your people are at every minute. It doesn't exist in white collar jobs. Uh huh. It might, you know, if you're if you're screwing a nut onto a bolt or a yeah, not onto a bolt. Uh, you can keep track of productivity in that sort of you know, immediate way. But yeah, in office jobs, no, it probably took a while for the boss to walk around and say, hey, people are always chatting.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: This reminds when I was working in the feed lots. Take Gladys. I was a high school kid. I was working in the feed lots and I was a feed truck driver for a while, and at one feed lot i worked at, I would I went out there, and after a couple of weeks of doing it, I could get it all done in like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: And people actually came to me, other feed truck drivers who made.
Speaker 1: A day out of it, who came to me and were like, what are you doing this is Why are you doing it so fast? I was like, well, that's all it takes. I mean, I just figured out what the you know, the right route is, and it just that's all longer it takes like what are you doing? Wow? So they proudbeach out of it. Huh No, I kept doing it that way. But there's a lot of that in every industry. I think. You know, you make your work fit the day. Oh, the same thing when I worked to the data data processing at AT and T, when I'd get all my work done in like an hour and then I would go sleep in the toilet till noon, till they gave me the afternoon's work. But other people sat there at your keyboard typed deray the whole morning and made the work stretch out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, when new tech hit, you just stretched it out.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there are really interesting books that are best sellers that some of you, you know, sophisticated business people are aware of that I'm not. But that deal with that phenomenon and how different it is in say startup culture, where everybody's hustling seventy five hours a week, I mean, and like trying to outvie each other. It's productivity on steroids under their desk, not eating lunch. Yeah, the startup versus the mature enterprise and the challenges. Yeah, that's interesting, and yes, I did sleep in the bathroom, I couldn't. I would love to have been able to sleep. And I was twenty two twenty three. I slept like a baby in there, sitting on the turlet, kind of hunched over. Yeah, with my head on my arms crossed on my knees. I'll be damn I get a slumber like that. Wow. Did you ever fall off and land on your head and wake up like sprawled on the stall floor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think I would remember if I had. Yeah, yeah, Okay. Mailbag's coming up in a couple of minutes, and then I want to get into the search for the future and both the Democratic and Republican parties.
Speaker 2: Perhaps next hour.
Speaker 1: Also, we need to take a look in the China cabinet, the trade war negotiations, fraud. Relationship with China is getting more complicated. Wow, and we've got a Russia's about to hit a milestone in casualties that is worth noting.
Speaker 2: It's amazing and historic. And Joe's got mail bag.
Speaker 6: Next the I'm Strong and Getty show disgusting ab elimination. The custume tours is going up, but our bock jest is.
Speaker 1: A great deal. I'm Strong and Getty one. What did he say?
Speaker 6: It was a good deal.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong on Getty pod day, Armstrong and Getty on Demand, it's our new jingle. We would have paid one thousand dollars for that, more than well back like in the eighties. That'd be like a five thousand dollars project and eighties dollars and Hanson did it twenty. It's taking it like nine months to get it right, at which point it was irrelevant. Yeah yeah, wow, wow, here is your nomination. I like the happy singing with those words. I find myself curious about what prompts were used to generate that. It sounded like either nineties pop or like a TV theme show, a bit of the show theme rather a bit of the Friends theme song vibe d Yeah, indeed, well done. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day from Jean Jacques Rousseau, one of the great thinkers about liberty free people. Remember this maxim we may acquire liberty, but it has never recovered if it is once lost. Yeah, yeah, you get one shot at it for maybe it might be a thousand years before humankind gets another shot at it.
Speaker 2: Mail bag, that's no joke either. That's not eneration at all I know.
Speaker 1: I was tempted to go off on one of my endless streets, but I held myself back.
Speaker 2: There's a crazy breath.
Speaker 1: No reason slavery in kings and serfs can't come back as the dominating form. That's been the reality for ninety nine percent of humanity from the moment we emerged from the primordial ooze until the moment of the recent disgusting abomination, human existence has been slavery and depression and then then horror. Anyway, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getdy dot com. Note here from Michael Hey, King of the Hills fan. King of the Hill fans. We mentioned yesterday what fans we are of the great Mike Judge the cartoon show King of the Hill. Not sure if you guys have mentioned it. The King of the Hill is having a reboot on Hulu that comes out in August. Two seasons. Whole gang is aged eight years and it's a new take on life in Arlan, Texas in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, my son will be so excited to hear about that. He watches Hagan Hill every day.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we went for our walk and he said Dale bought some alien blood from a guy in a garage.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, they've got to have and I.
Speaker 1: Know Mike Judge will do this. Mike, if you're listening, thank you for listening. And secondly, have a transgender guy running against the girls at ARLN High School. Yes, but Peggy, he's a boy anyway, let's see, or Bobby decides he's trans Oh no, no, no, no, we can't go no no, no, no, too much? All right? Moving along on the topic of AI behaving badly JT and Livermore. I've said this before. Large language learning model AIS are not intelligent, nor are they alive, and they most certainly do not have a will to live. They're extremely sophisticated programs that have a tremendous amount of human data from which to base their quote unquote answers. Llmais are simply trying to run their programming and solve problems blackmailing a human Back to the experiment we talked about, I guess it was a couple of days ago about an AI system that was fed emails suggesting that the chief engineer was having an affair, and it tried to blackmail him into not turning the AI system off. If you miss that. It was fascinating. If mailing a human is the shortest path to solving the problem, then it will do with zero concern. It will do it, oh, with zero concern about that it might be view it as negative. In fact, the blackmail incident is almost exactly the same problem as the hallucinations. In both cases, the AI is trying really hard to answer a question or perform a task. It sometimes finds a shortcut that doesn't exist or as morally reprehensible. As Jack pointed out, AI could just as easily blackmail with faked up material if it was the shortest path to solving the problem.
Speaker 2: You're obviously a very knowledgeable person.
Speaker 1: But I've read enough about AI to know there are other very knowledgeable AI people who disagree with you completely.
Speaker 2: That's one of the interesting things about AI.
Speaker 1: There are one hundred and eighty degree differences among the smartest people in the world on this stuff.
Speaker 2: So how it shakes out, I don't know.
Speaker 1: His final point is that these llmai's development is based on the actions and lives of billions of flawed humans. Humans. Lies, cheat steel that sometimes right and wrong or black and white most of the times. More compliment that is. One of the concerns is that if it takes in all the information human beings have ever had, we are a flawed species. We are a greedy, selfish, self interested species. I am. Let's see this from damon Beautiful San Jose, California. Listening to the conversation about California's idiotic new ruling on three medals, one for boys, one for girls, and ones for trans girls. Why not call out the need for equity and inclusion and insist on the fourth podium for trans boys. I can only assume that's because there aren't any newly minted boys who ever win anything because of the obvious advantage males have over females in athletics, and anybody but a lunatic knows it.
Speaker 2: That is an excellent point.
Speaker 1: How come there aren't any trans girls, trans boys, boys, whatever, I get them all mixed up. Yeah, anyway, we'll talk about it late if you miss the segment of the podcast.
Speaker 2: As you heard in the songs are Strong and Getty