Speaker 1: Sabrina, do you have any friends that are like twins or triplets or quadruplits or any kind of plitz.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I grew up with a pair of twins that were on a soccer team.
Speaker 4: I was on, okay, identical or the other kind.
Speaker 3: They were identical, okay, And then I had I had coached two sets. I just one set, just graduated, and then there's a set that's going to be a seniors right now.
Speaker 2: We had Have you ever heard of what a mirrored twin is?
Speaker 4: A mirrored twin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we had. They were. They weren't on my specific team, but they were. It was a set of twins that mirrored each other. So one had a mole on the right side a mirror. I was like, what's mirrored, mirrored, mirror mirrored? Yeah, okay, so yeah, one was right handed, one was left handed.
Speaker 1: Oh so there is that asymmetrical? Is that what they would be like if they look at each other they max right?
Speaker 4: Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah that was pretty cool and complete opposite personalities. I mean, they could not be more different, different interests. They didn't get along. They were one set of twins. Yeah, there's twins that are besties and then there's twins that I've come across that just can't stand each other, like they have separate friends if you're friends with both of them. My girlfriend's daughter had to do different kind of play dates in a sense because they the twins did not play together, so it would they were complete opposites, which is just so crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of my closest friends growing up was a twin. It was an identical twin. And he told me my high school wasn't known for much, but one of the things we were known for is we had there's only like five hundred kids in the school, but we had like seventeen sets of twin.
Speaker 4: It was it was weird, wow, And it was a lot of twins.
Speaker 1: And my friend he did he told me, he said, being a twin, you are born with a best friend or an enemy for life.
Speaker 3: Yet for life. Yeah, I don't know if they ever. I haven't kept in touch with those twins. I kind of always just figured maybe it was going to be a high school thing and they'd grow.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 3: I hoped they would, because what I have always wanted to be a twin.
Speaker 2: I wanted twins when I was getting pregnant.
Speaker 3: Really act a time. Okay, I prayed and prayed and prayed, and I had to take a medication with Ledger to get pregnant and the possibility of having multiples was part of taking the medication. So Jordan was terry the.
Speaker 4: Side effects is possible multiple Bert? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, just sorry. Memo to self never to take that medication.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's yeah, there's a couple of medications that it ups the ante. So I was like crossing my fingers. Jordan was losing his mind. He did not coush oh man.
Speaker 4: Oh poor Jordan.
Speaker 3: Well we did the ultrasound. He's like, there's only one in there, right, There's only one?
Speaker 4: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the.
Speaker 4: Waves, tsunamis and the high School's musical.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilfordell and I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: Oh, get the strollers ready, people, Get the strollers ready. Get the strollers ready, Get the strollers ready, Get the strollers ready, Get the strollers ready. Yes, times five, because this week we are diving into two thousands family comedy Quint, which, believe it or not, is not about multiple shark hunters in Amityville.
Speaker 4: That is a Jaws joke for everybody else out there.
Speaker 1: It is a lighthearted, family focused comedy, some might say an unfocused family comedy, Thank you very Much. That first aired on August eighteenth of two thousand. Despite the fact that the title references the five baby scene in the movie, the focus is on a completely different character, fourteen year old Jamie Grover, and the effect on her life because of her new brothers and sisters. This is far and away the most meta and fourth wall breaking movie we've had yet, with the sassy main character talking to and even having conversations with the audience directly. She even creates fictitious scenes to fool us. It's currently on Disney Plus. You can watch right now, or you can wait, or you cannot watch it at all, or you can even just imagine what it looks like whatever. Nobody's gonna be mad at you. Sabrina might give you some sass, but you get used to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, before this was a sign of the podcast, did you think this movie was going to be about five babies?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, right?
Speaker 2: What else would it be Quint's right, It's.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is going to be about five babies or five kids that grow up, or five toddlers or.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I didn't anticipate it not having the main character as one of the Quints.
Speaker 1: That me, yeah, I agree, So it was it's Quint's plus one, I guess would be a different title.
Speaker 3: We'll get it.
Speaker 4: Did you had you heard of this movie before we did it.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it. I've know you haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd heard it because that that two thousands mark right, a little bit before, a little bit after. It's right in the main time of when I was auditioning for a lot of stuff, you know. And then obviously I really loved watching these movies because I hoped to one day get to do one right. But it was strange because I was thinking in The Cheetah Girls, Aqua Keeley's character is actually in the books a twin, but they when they casted, they decided to not. It was kind of up in the air of whether or not they were going to try to attempt to do that, but it just was too hard with performances.
Speaker 1: Well, so she was was she originally her character is that's when we talked about with Tia and Tamara, maybe we're going to play that character in Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 3: Right, maybe Beyonce's little sister Solange was originally cast.
Speaker 1: But I think originally they said there was a chance that they were going to keep it twins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe it was going to be Tia and Tamara.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were. They would have been a lot older than us though at the time.
Speaker 1: That's why I think was one of the reasons why they ended up not doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so interesting, But so it was interesting. I'm going, how are they going to do five of the same character?
Speaker 4: Oh my, I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, man, is it Kimberly Kimberly Brown is playing five different character? This is going to be so cool. So it wasn't that at all. But I also don't think, yes, it wasn't that at all. I also don't think it will shock anybody out there that I had never heard of this nor seen it. Right, Okay, so before we missed the middle school art show, let's get into the synopsis. Fourteen year old Jamie Grover goes to desperate lengths to get attention from her parents. When her mother gives birth to famous quintuplets. Early thoughts. Did you like it?
Speaker 3: It wasn't. This definitely hasn't been my favorite to watch, but I did like parts of it. I thought it was interesting that the normal trope of the main character really like, I thought she was going to be such a brat about, you know, sharing the time as we were starting to get into the storyline.
Speaker 2: But the real lessons were learned by the parents.
Speaker 3: I felt, you know, not the best parents. Sure, yeah, this is this is up there with those bad parenting situations.
Speaker 1: This is yeah, I okay, first of all, and let's get this out there and we'll talk about her coming up. Kimberly Brown is a star. You can tell from the second she's on screen. Absolutely, there's not a scene in this movie. I don't think that she is not in. I noticed that she carries the entire thing. She's really good and so you could see right away how she's going to go on to become who she becomes.
Speaker 4: That's a given.
Speaker 1: That being said, halfway through, I was like, I don't know what this movie is is about.
Speaker 3: What what is the main lesson we're even trying to reach for.
Speaker 2: It's all over the place.
Speaker 3: I felt it was very oh, okay, no, okay, this is what the storyline is, like teaching, Oh no it's this, or no, it's this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't kind of didn't know that Disney usually puts some kind of this is what it's about thing in whatever, whether it's a big set piece or it's a smaller movie, you kind of know what it's about. This one just kind of it just was kind of a movie. It was almost like they wanted to do a Parker Lewis style television show, but just do you know Parker Lewis?
Speaker 4: Am I throwing that over here? Parker Lewis is right?
Speaker 1: So Parker Lewis was a late eighties early nineties quote unquote sitcom. It was single camera, but it was Korn Nemick played the lead. And it was the first time really that the character was talking right to the camera. Okay, so he's like walking through his high school and something would happen.
Speaker 4: He turned the camera like can you believe that?
Speaker 1: And it was like this new style, this Parker Lewis style, yeah, which.
Speaker 3: I thought was okay, yes.
Speaker 1: No, that the talking right to the camera because she's so personable and she's so good that she could go back from kind of that to you know, from the scene to talking to the camera from the scene like, no problem.
Speaker 4: I just didn't get what the story was.
Speaker 3: I know, I was confused the whole time so much that it started to make me kind of angry, get bored. I kind of really it was hard for me to keep watching because I just didn't understand what.
Speaker 4: Was going on. I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 3: And then at the end when the governor comes out, I'm like, where was he the whole movie.
Speaker 2: That's a great actor.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll get into I will get in the dum Knuts in a second. Speaking of that, let's get into the cast. So, as we said, Kimberly J. Brown is the lead Jamie. She's best known around these parts as Marnie Piper, the main character in the dcom classics Halloween Town, Halloween Town Two, Calibar's Revenge, and Halloween Town High.
Speaker 4: She is Disney Royalty.
Speaker 1: She's also appeared in the movies Tumbleweeds and Bringing Down the House, and she has been in the news very recently because she just got married to her co star Daniel Koontz, who starred with her in Halloween Town and then they lost touch and they reconnected decades later and they got married.
Speaker 4: It's a cool story.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they lost Yes, that's very apparently.
Speaker 1: And she he is also. I was just texting with her yesterday. She is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet in your life. Lover to death, and she's talented as hell. She carried this movie despite not really knowing what the story was. I'm saying that not her. I'm sure she has a totally different take on it. And then we get character actor legend Daniel Roebuck as Jim Grover, Jamie's dad. He's got a major Hey, it's that guy face. But you've seen him in movies like The Fugitive, Final Destination Agent Cody Banks and the show Lost. But he broke out back in the eighties with the Keanu Reeves teen mystery A River's Edge, which I never saw. I'm assuming it's about a mysterious edge of a river. And as Jay Leno in one of my favorite TV movies ever made, called The Late Shift. It was made by HBO back in the day, and it was how The Tonight Show shifted over from Johnny Carson to Jay Leno as opposed to David Letterman and the fight they went through. It's a great movie. If you haven't seen it, go check out. He is a great actor. You should It's really really worth it. Late Shift, great movie.
Speaker 4: And then somebody we learned about a lot last week.
Speaker 1: Shadia Simmons played Zoe Jamie's best friend, and she was one of the leads of that amazing film we just reviewed Color of Friendship. And these two movies were both released in the same year at Disney Channel. So shotty, it must have been very, very busy around her. Yeah wow, and was not used well in this movie. Was not used enough in this movie. But all the scenes she were in she was great.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's a great little actor. It also kind of shocks me that she really didn't go on to do a show or really you know that they've used her so much right then in the same year.
Speaker 1: And then she might not have liked it. I mean again, she retired. She's I think we set a teacher somewhere in Canada, and true she might have just said, you know what, I got to play It was fun when I was a kid, and now I'm going.
Speaker 4: To go do what I love.
Speaker 1: So we hoped that was the case, and then another very familiar face shows up at least two. One of the hosts here of this show Vince Caraza Albert the Slimy Diaper Company ad rep, who also played Yes.
Speaker 5: Jackal Johnson, one of the best, the best ever names ever, the slimy Jackal Johnson, which is how you gotta say it in the Girls, truly.
Speaker 4: A dcom legend. Let's say one more time.
Speaker 3: Jackal Johnson. I just screamed when I saw that, of course, because I haven't seen it, had no idea. And there he is, playing another slimy.
Speaker 4: Another another absolute slimeball.
Speaker 1: He does it so well and from what you said, he's a super nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so sweet. And assuming they shot this in Toronto. As soon as that's I'm like they there we are Toronto. Another Disney movie here exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because we can tell because Canadian actor Jake Epstein plays Brad, which helps us figure out that, yes, this movie was the what do we say heads it was Toronto tails it to Utah, So they came up and they filmed in Canada. He is a Rossi the Next Generation Star, which apparently is the equivalent of being elected to political office in Canada. I kid my Canadian family, let's put it that way. He also appeared on Suits, The Umbrella Academy, and The New Hardy Boys Show. And then we have Elizabeth Moorehead. She played Nancy Grover.
Speaker 4: That's the mom.
Speaker 1: And I'm throwing her in there because she was in one of the most famous episodes of Seinfeld ever as Dispenser and I sat there for the first twenty minutes of the movie going, damn, where do I know this little being from? And I didn't want to google? And there we go from a hugely famous Seinfeld episode. And lastly, in the Dabney Coleman Chair, we have Good Notts. Yes, that's what I'm going to say his name every single time, Dad Notts as Governor Healy Notts is best remembered as Barty five on The Andy Griffith Show, which he won five Emmys for, and then later as Ralph Furley on Three's Company. He is a legend in every sense of the word on television, but not just TV, also in movies like The Incredible Mister Lippitt, The Ghost and Chicken, and The Shakiest Gun in the West.
Speaker 4: He has truly one of the most.
Speaker 1: Signature voices in the history of entertainment, which is why I always shay don not like that. He's just again television royalty. You smiled just when he walks on screen. Unfortunately, he passed away back in two thousand and six. He was eighty two years old. And then, of course it was very difficult to find out who played the babies. And I'm gonna say this fast, Adam Becky, Charlie Debietti, m M one more time, Adam Becky, Charlie Debietti. But apparently on TikTok, the star of the movie, Kimberly Brown said that her own brother was one of the babies cast in the movie.
Speaker 3: That's so cool. I love that. I love that family on set. I just think that's so fun.
Speaker 1: I love it as well. And apparently here's the thing with babies. You know, they can only work fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: At a time.
Speaker 1: And there is quite a bit of the movie, so they used twenty different babies.
Speaker 4: Wow, cast of this movie only one Kimberly Brown, but.
Speaker 2: Twenty different Kimberly. Well, there is only one Kimberly.
Speaker 4: There's only one true Kimberly Brown.
Speaker 1: The movie is eighty three minutes long, seven from our eventual Bullseye, which someday we'll get. And it is directed by Bill Corkran, a man who directed a ton of TV, including one of my favorite shows growing up, twenty one Jump Street and yes I'm saying it like that, Wise Guys starring a man, well, one of the stars named William Russ, who played my dad on Boy Mets World and Street Justice. But it was the co writers of this movie that are off the charts, and to me, especially off the charts.
Speaker 4: So first is Matthew Wiseman, who wrote two.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest eighties hits of all time, maybe not the biggest hits of all time, I should say two of Wilfridell's biggest eighty hits of all time. Where if you want to build it down and act out every scene of these movies, I could. The first is teen Wolf, uh and the same is Commando with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Forget it, I could do both movies back. Wow, have you seen either one of those? Sabrina, I've seen.
Speaker 2: Teen Wolf, but I have not seen Commando.
Speaker 3: When I read this, I went, what, yes the heck is that movie?
Speaker 4: Commando.
Speaker 1: Oh man, when you come to Ard Schwarzenegger's house and you take his daughter, he going commando on you.
Speaker 4: That he's not wearing underwear.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I can't get over. This guy that just never wears underwear. What's that has chacked?
Speaker 1: It meant something different in the eighties when you're a commando, you are like a commando.
Speaker 4: Now it just means you're yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: You're going command But Schwarzenegger and Commando, they came and stole a lista Milano from him.
Speaker 4: He's going commando. You're right. It now just sounds weird.
Speaker 3: I love her too.
Speaker 1: He also wrote Whoopy Goldberg's Burglar, which is actually a very good movie, and the Jason Bateman sequel Teen Wolf two, which is t and he shares a credit with Gregory K. Pinkis, who was the writer of the kid baseball classic Little Big League, another great movie. So, I mean, there are some great movies on the resume of these two writers that really helped to shape the person that I am. And now all that's going through my head is Arnold Schwarzenegger with no underwear.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but that's not all that Commando is to me anymore. You're rowin it, you're growing up.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But for this one, we're thrown right into the fame that these quintuplets, which of course is a set of five babies, because they're not it's not sets of twins, they're all there's nobody's identical.
Speaker 4: There's just five kids.
Speaker 1: And so because these five are coming out, it brings our narrator into frame.
Speaker 4: We' talking directly a camera.
Speaker 1: She is the older sister of these renowned babies, and she promised us right off the bat that the story is not going to be lame or boring. There were times, I gotta be honest, it was a little boring. Lies And again she's great to say she yes, she the whole.
Speaker 3: I did like that twist of oh we're talking about okay. I did like how they got us into the movie.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I like she's talking right to us.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcoming us to her home one of my.
Speaker 3: First n all my Sabrina season, going wow, this is different. We've not seen this yet. I love this.
Speaker 1: Yes, And and the character is very sarcastic, which again I was okay with. But there's only a handful of lines of the movie where she's really not being sarcastic or kind of lying to us, purposely lying to us, right, yeah, sending you know, setting something up that hey, well you can't possibly believe that's the way it happened.
Speaker 4: Kind of. Nope, my high school isn't really.
Speaker 1: Like this, which is fun, but she's if you're looking for reliability as a narrator, you're set up to not always trust her. Did that bother you in any way, shape or for him?
Speaker 3: Uh? I didn't love the freeze frame things that kept happening.
Speaker 4: I didn't ease.
Speaker 3: Those kind of were pointless to me.
Speaker 1: I think it was probably new technology at the time. Maybe, Yeah, you know, like the freeze and step out of the freeze frame. I think that's probably kind of newish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I didn't really see them as being helpful in any sense besides the fact that it just made her like this quirky, like just hitting, kind of fun, you know, playful character. Other than that, I really didn't love it that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of agree with you. This is the other thing. There's a lot of leaps leaps of time in this movie.
Speaker 1: So she throws us back to January before the big birthday when we learn about her dad, Jim. He's taking classes to get a college degree and get a promotion at work, which he seems to work at someplace like a Low's or a home depot, and is obviously working to better himself with that kind of you know, you know, educationally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's wanting to get the next promotions.
Speaker 1: To climb the ladder, you know, so maybe the manager or something along those lines. Her mom publishes and writes for the neighborhood paper. But she's a bit of a scatterbrain. But of course, being the only child, Jamie is the apple of her parents. I and they just hound her constantly about her schoolwork, hoping she gets into this Magnet Science high school. And I mean for the first part of the movie, that's all they talk about.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 4: The plan they keep talking about, the plan.
Speaker 3: Plan was our fuzz bucket of this movie. It was said seven thousand, four hundred and sixty two times.
Speaker 1: It was the plan, the plan, which of course she is not always down for the plan, right, want to have a plan in your own life.
Speaker 3: She's young, she's exactly fourteen years old. I don't you know, that's such a hard time because as parents, you can tell that's a big part of wanting to get them to really be thinking about their future. But that just four years in high school seems like light years for them when they're at the beginning of it.
Speaker 2: I have so much time, you know.
Speaker 3: So she's normal, She's a normal kid. Normal kid wants to stop talking about this plan.
Speaker 4: Except she does have a serious drinking problem.
Speaker 1: And by that I mean the very first time we see her try to drink something, she holds up.
Speaker 4: A bottle of juice like six inches from her lips.
Speaker 1: It's not she doesn't even attempt to touch it and just dumps it all over her face. All of the drinking problem of the lead of airplane or he goes, I have a drinking problem and then just throws it to the side of his head. So it was like she she didn't do that. I don't yeah that, I didn't know if the director had directed her to do that. I can't wait too And I'm going to tell you right here, we're talking to Kimberly, so we get a chance to actually ask her these questions.
Speaker 4: But it was as if the character had never drunk.
Speaker 1: Anything in her life, right, and just brought it up to her face and splashed the whole thing down her face.
Speaker 3: It was was it was weird, Ye, yes, I did again. It was just one of those things that these random things kind of happened, and you try to hold on to it, going, Okay, that's probably going to come up later and I'm going to understand that later, and then it never does. Yeah, like all right, I don't know why they did that.
Speaker 1: Thought maybe she just had this thing where she constantly splashed off in her face, but she doesn't. Jamie is focused on science, the field her pair parents wanted, which is again the field her parents want her to focus on. But instead of getting a's that she needs to go to the Magnet school, she's getting b's and B pluses. And her parents talked to her a couple of times, like getting a B plus is like you might as well have brought home, like you might just why did you even go to school?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Which is still above average?
Speaker 3: Right above average, above average, way up.
Speaker 1: I would have killed to get a B or a B plus in most of my classes.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: My parents would have been like, a B plus? Did you cheat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that amazing. So that seemed a little harsh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can also.
Speaker 1: Tell because one of the things they do set up is that no one in her family has been to college, right, so she would be the first to go. And it's the kind of putting their dreams on her, sure.
Speaker 3: Which I think is normal for parents. You that is such a normal thing to want to give your kid a life that was better than yours. Sure, to provide for them more than what was provided for you, and for them to be more successful. Then maybe you had the opportunity to be. So that's okay too. But again, the plan was a nause eighty plan, yes, And.
Speaker 1: The plan certainly bums her out because she is about this school art club that she maybe would like to join, but has no time because of all the work that she has to put in to get into fake science Magnet school. And then she loses the science fair to your best friend Bradley, who is set up as an absolute genius. But then it all goes to the back burner when she finds out that her parents are pregnant and they're having five by babe. Yeah, there's a Now there's then a very strange scene where a miscommunication has Jamie almost having to tell her parents about sex.
Speaker 4: Did you see where her Mom's like, I don't know how this happened.
Speaker 1: She's like, well, mom, when two people love each other, which is a funny joke, but it's like it was very non I paused.
Speaker 3: I paused a little bit, like, oh God, are we about to do this?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? How many times it is?
Speaker 3: He gonna shock me some random things that you just don't expect from Disney. But it didn't happen to It kind of went in and out and it was just breezed over.
Speaker 1: So yes, Now I have never had a child.
Speaker 4: You have, I have to imagine having five would be tough? Would you? Could you imagine giving birth to five children? Yes?
Speaker 3: I think that would be so overwhelming the pregnancy alone, you know, because they'd say, my sister has twins, and the symptoms throughout the pregnancy are double when you have twins, so if you're nauseous, it's even worse. Things like that, you know. So yeah, and then when they're there, I mean, I just as soon as one of the first scenes comes on with all of the babies in the room, one wakes up starts crying wakes up another who ends up waking up. I mean, it's like the vicious cycle of you know, you talk to people, even with twins, you talk to people about feeding. You know, if you're gonna be you feed. It doesn't take the you know, twenty minutes to feed or thirty minutes to feed your baby.
Speaker 2: It's that plus next. You know, there's no break you.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's got to be tough.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't imagine five at once. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The cool thing though, is you'd obviously have to raise them to either be a band or a basketball team, correct, which would be cool.
Speaker 4: I mean you'd raise them to do something right away, which.
Speaker 3: Will be definitely get your full band, Yeah, that would be cool, or a full sports team all at once.
Speaker 4: I'd still be lead singer. It'd be Will and the quinns.
Speaker 1: Oh TM by the way, for everybody out there.
Speaker 4: TM.
Speaker 1: So the nine months past, and basically we see they show a passage of time by their building the nursery where you know they're putting all the bassinettes and everything in there. These are not the leftover's baskets either. These are actually the bats.
Speaker 3: That are there taking out random wooden tables. Well, did you just have a wooden table, like a picnic table in that room? Why?
Speaker 1: That was just stuff on the set. There was like throw it in there, we'll clean it out later. Jamie now has always they've set it up to where she wanted some time of her own.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to be her the sole focus of her family.
Speaker 1: She did want a brother or sister, constant attention on her, spotlight on her all the time. So at first she's like, this is going to be great. Her wishes come true. You know, it's like this is wow, I'm gonna they're going to be concentrating on something else and maybe I can have a little bit of my life back, which is, you know, I think, very kind of real.
Speaker 3: No longer asking how school's going, not you know all of that exactly.
Speaker 2: But you kind of feel good for her.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like you're kind of like, okay, good she is getting a break.
Speaker 1: I agree, And it was you're kind of like, all right, this is going to work out. And then there's the labor scene, and so at the hospital, Jamie her two best friends are in the waiting room and every few seconds the dad comes running out to announce a birth and the name or gender of the baby, and each time he becomes more and more exhausted, until he passes out in a daze, which begs the question.
Speaker 5: Is he giving birth to the children?
Speaker 4: Why is the man so tired?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I do not know why that's on my Sabrina seas. Why is he acting like this guy's doing a whole lot like he's doing a whole lot of work. You know, I get it.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's stressful. You're worried about your partner. I do understand that. I remember being in the room with my sister when she was giving birth, like when she was really going at the pushine and everything, and we were holding her in a position it's it's work for somebody. But he was just I mean, obviously movie driven, just over the top. And I did not understand why they kept handing out suckers that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also to the only two people in the room, by the way, so they're walking out with thirty two lollipops.
Speaker 3: They were strangers. They were strangers of some sort, But then they weren't when they gave the dad a deady bear and some ye know, advil or whatever.
Speaker 4: In my head. He was so tired.
Speaker 1: Because the delivery room and the waiting room were three miles apart. That must have been he was running to each one. I mean by he got his steps in that day.
Speaker 3: Let's just say it, right, Yeah, I guess that's what it must have been.
Speaker 1: So having the quins, which you know, we've seen this happen before in real life, So having the quince becomes a.
Speaker 4: Big local story.
Speaker 1: But of course having five crying kids as completely up ended their lives.
Speaker 4: They can't afford it.
Speaker 1: I mean, imagine, having one baby's got to be hard enough, but five how do you how do.
Speaker 3: You feed them without any help? I mean, diapers's still working. Yeah, it's without any extra help. There was no grandma that came in to help, which is very common. Yeah, you know, someone to help. Even with one baby, you get offers from everyone.
Speaker 2: I can come over, give you some rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for some reason, because there's five, both of these parents have completely and totally forgotten how to take care of babies at all at so yeah, we don't we don't know what they're thinking. So Jamie kind of steps in almost to become the third parent. And at this point it is it's kind of I get being overwhelmed and showing the parents overwhelmed, because of course they be overwhelmed, but they set it up to the point where they literally forget how to like hold kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it was. It's a little it was over the top in that sense.
Speaker 3: And again, I mean I feel like they bring in a nanny at one point, which was great. I didn't understand because they were talking about not being able to af Ford sitters.
Speaker 2: How did you afford this nanny.
Speaker 4: Right, which they don't kind of and they.
Speaker 3: She just kind of comes in yeah, but then.
Speaker 4: They also.
Speaker 1: She says, later and we'll get to that. She says, you know what, they get a nanny, and Fiona has she does have a real luck of the Irish kind of accent sometime comes out. But she also then has a breakdown because there's too many babies, and then says, don't worry, I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: I quit.
Speaker 1: I can't do it, but don't worry. You don't have to pay me. So obviously they were paying her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I also found it so strange that she named the babies baby one, baby two. They which yeah, different because parents of multiples, at least the ones that I have are very adamant of making sure that each kid is seen as an individual, and.
Speaker 2: That she's just these parents don't care about any of that.
Speaker 3: Call the baby one.
Speaker 1: Call and they went to the point where she starts calling Kimberly's character six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she's just she just wants them.
Speaker 1: It's like they're trying to set it up to where she's very military about.
Speaker 3: It and very kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I've got to imagine a night with a child. Can you remember your worst night as a parent? I mean, is it just like it is.
Speaker 3: Awful when you just feel like you have not had any sleep, and then a baby is crying and they can't tell you why. So you change them, you feed them, you pat them, you're loving them, you're rocking them, and you just can't get them to stop. Ledger was actually having one of these moments while I was trying to watch this movie.
Speaker 4: Oh really, No, he.
Speaker 2: Would not let me put him down.
Speaker 3: I had so between all the crying of the voiceovers of the babies in this movie, my kid crying in my ear.
Speaker 2: I was really not enjoying any of it.
Speaker 3: I had to stop and come back to it until someone could come get him because he just was not letting me, you know, I mean, he was in it just because again he can't talk.
Speaker 2: I fed him, I got I gave him something for his teeth.
Speaker 3: He's teething right now. Nothing was working. Sometimes it's just you feel so helpless because you just can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: You know when their teething. Aren't you supposed to is? It was from the eighteen hundreds. You dip a rag in bourbon and then you put the bourbon in their mouth.
Speaker 2: That's like you can do that. I have not had to just yet.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing you're dipping rags in bourbon and putting them in your own mouth, is what's.
Speaker 3: Happening, toy we try and joining a nice glass of wine to like calm down.
Speaker 2: I have not done that yet.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of little small things, tablets that dissolve liquids you put in you can wet a little a little rag, throw it in the freezer, get it cold, and they can just like no on that. There's certain things like that I haven't resulted, thankfully to the teequila or bourbon trick that I have heard about.
Speaker 4: It works like a charm, all right, and I'm out.
Speaker 3: And you're done teeth great. Next time you're cranky, I'll make.
Speaker 4: Sure, so please trust me.
Speaker 1: Freezer is nothing but bourbon soaked towels, so don't worry about it. Jamie eventually does agree to join the art club, and in a very funny scene, the art teacher, out of nowhere, hands or a picture he draws of her wearing a shirt that says art club rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it made me.
Speaker 1: Think it was a little weird that the teacher's drawing pictures of his students.
Speaker 3: Well, when did it happen? Was he sitting there? I was like, when did he do that? I think, so he's sitting there and I didn't realize that he was sitting dry, not even looking at the drawing, just doing it while he's having this conversation. And then in boom, yeah he's wearingly bigtails she is, So he might have just done it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he sketched it out.
Speaker 1: He seemed like a great teacher until a little bit later, and we'll get into this. Then it was like, what are you kidding me? But exactly so, her parents are obviously having a very rough time. They're staying up, they have the diapers, aren't working. Fiona quits and the kids seem bad, but it doesn't seem awful. But she's got one kid in her back thing holding two other kids, and she's like, I can't take it, and she leaves those contraptions.
Speaker 3: She was holding the kids in the very multiple baby Yes, it's like very confusing. There's no way those babies were staying in.
Speaker 1: There, agreed, really weird. And then just when we think things are at their lowest, who shows up? Jackal Judson, Jackle Johnson. Albert shows up with a truckload of diapers, and he wants to make the Quins the face of the brand and pay them and turn their fame into money, even after one of them peas on him.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a good kid piece on you, Joe. The deal helps them tremendously.
Speaker 1: Even though she'll be completely left out of the story and the ads, Jamie is is okay with it because now she finally gets some of the freedom that she wanted. She she can now do her art class. She doesn't have to hide anything from her parents. It's not even hiding. She like literally sometimes is like, hey, I'm doing a class and they ignore her and she's like okay, I told you, well, there you go, which is very funny. But she's getting very very good at art. She enjoys it. It's apparently, you know, this talent that she's had. Her parents are still terrible with the kids. They're not remembering the kid's name, and it's Jamie that needs to remind them how to hold the babies and that the babies are go ahead and try to put them back in their right I mean, there's not good parents.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, just the fact that she would think.
Speaker 3: That she could switch the babies up and that the parents have no idea.
Speaker 4: And they didn't at first, I know, should have.
Speaker 3: Been a big red flag for the parents, going, maybe we're not doing this so well you think.
Speaker 1: But now this is all this is all post getting the the indoors too, so they've got money coming in at this point and they still don't know how.
Speaker 4: To hold their children.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was very strange, but they're they're also now really neglecting Jamie. And the dad admits that they have no plan, so they don't know how to take care. They set it up to where he working all the time that he has to try to afford the stuff for.
Speaker 3: The taking extra shifts and everything the mom.
Speaker 1: While they don't show her drinking, I imagine she is because the character is very strange at this point. So I guess my question is they're ignoring the oldest child and not doing well with the other five. Are these the worst decom parents we've seen so far?
Speaker 2: Because it's both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're doing this. Yes, it's not just one that's kind of, you know, just not the greatest. It's literally both of them just not drop it every ball dropping. They can't.
Speaker 2: They're not even doing really one part of any of them.
Speaker 4: Like they're still they're focus.
Speaker 1: They're so focused on being great with the five kids that they neglect Jamie.
Speaker 4: That would have made sense, but they're not. They didn't even.
Speaker 1: Pick one to say that kid's going to college, let's raise this one and the other four will fend for themselves.
Speaker 4: Nothing. It was just they were kind of just bad parents all the way around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, in true Grover.
Speaker 1: Fashion, they completely miss her parent teacher conference because the Quinns have a commercial shoot the next day, which again put it on a calendar. He says, I thought I wrote it on my calendar. I I even write stuff on a calendar. They stand her up, leaving her alone and just her genius friend is there, who also we find out, has really neglectful parents to the point.
Speaker 4: Where they never show up. Yeah, I mean this poor kid.
Speaker 2: They hint to it early on in the movie, and then this is when you really see and he's trying to say, who cares?
Speaker 3: You do it for yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, which.
Speaker 3: Is so sad.
Speaker 1: I know, this poor kid is self sufficient, is like a nine eleven year old self.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I'm good, I got yeah with missus with his vest that I'll talk about later.
Speaker 1: But he's so yeah, that's what he says. He's like, they never show up. But then it's really never really mentioned again. It could have started its own spin off movie about another neglectful fan neglectful genius family. But to make up for being so for missing the parent teacher conference, they promised Jamie spot in the very big commercial that they're going to shoot the next day, but she won't come out of the truck because she finds out that they have to dress her in a diaper and she's going to dance behind her brothers and sisters, and so she quits and for the record, when I was texting with Kimberly yesterday, I was like, so I just finished quints and the first thing she wrote was, oh, great, you.
Speaker 4: Got to see me in a giant diaper?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So yes her parents.
Speaker 1: So, first, her parents feel guilty that they missed the parent teacher conference, so they put her in the ad, which again she probably should have been in the family ads from the start, but from the strip it was fine.
Speaker 4: And then they guilt her about not.
Speaker 1: Wanting to be in the ad dressed like the giant diaper, like, why aren't you taking one for the team.
Speaker 4: They are not the best.
Speaker 3: The second I saw if I saw Monroe and something like that, No, baby, take that off right now. No, absolutely not, absolutely not. You are not going to be embarrassed like that, not for mommy, not for anything.
Speaker 1: No, how is it also not? Hey, the national campaign, it's going to be these five babies. Okay if it's just the babies, but you're also if you're putting the parents in this is the family and there are six kids. Yes, this is the six kids. We're not going to get rid of one child for the It was so weird to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Jamie is starting to realize that this isn't all beer and skittles, as they used to say in the thirties and forties.
Speaker 4: Look it up. It's a real thing. She said.
Speaker 1: She thought the quins were going to make her life easier, which seems like an insane thought, but also kind of seems like a good teenage thought, where it's like they'll be focused on that, so they won't focus on me as much in my life will get easier.
Speaker 4: That's certainly not.
Speaker 1: What happened, and they've now screwed up her chance at getting into the Science Magnet school. But even with this in mind, her drawings of the Quins, which are good, have been selected in the main exhibit of the school art show. So she's super excited about that. You can't wait to have her parents see her work on Saturday. Her parents are actually proud of her. They're like, look, we know it's not about science, but this is this is great, Like they're starting to see Jamie again a little bit. And even though it's not what they wanted for the plan, which you've now heard a thousand times.
Speaker 4: It's you know, we've we've always just.
Speaker 1: Wanted you to be happy, and it seems like the art is making you happy.
Speaker 3: Yay parents, there you go.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Then diaper guy shows up, Jackal Johnson, diaper down shows up Al and uh tells them that they were named somehow after all that, somehow parents of the Year, and there's a gallop for them with the governor, and the invite says Saturday night. There's no date, it's just a Saturday night. And of course that's the night of the art show. Yes, And then Jamie loses it, and.
Speaker 3: This I felt bad for. She did seem great, she did it great. She runs it just oh, just heart breaking, heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: So sad.
Speaker 1: She runs into school past her friends, goes right to her drawings and starts to tear her drum as she's crying.
Speaker 4: She's doing she kimberly is so good. You feel just terrible.
Speaker 3: It's like you I can't.
Speaker 1: At the same time, she seems like she's starting to lose it a little bit and is having a bit of a breakdown herself. A lot of mental breakdowns in this movie.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, think about how far that sprint had to have been from man starts.
Speaker 1: I mean the labor room to just the delivery room. Whatever was three miles.
Speaker 3: She's running a ten k easy to break a sweat.
Speaker 4: She is running a mentally unbalanced ten k. Yeah, easily.
Speaker 2: Poor thing though that that was pretty sad.
Speaker 4: That was like, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: She's didn't even tell her parents that that this was when the art show was her parents have already said, we're so excited, we're going to the gala. By the way, her parents assume they're just going to the gala by themselves. Parents of the Year are going to the gala alone, is the assumption.
Speaker 3: Yes, which I didn't think was bad. But parents night out why not? Yeah, but if.
Speaker 1: You're being voted parents of the Year, don't you think that maybe some kids even I.
Speaker 3: Would No, I would never assume with five month old kids, especially I love them at a time you would want them anywhere because there is zero chance I'm going to be able to keep these five knock the leads quiet during a gala. There's just that is not happening. So I could see how the misunderstanding happened.
Speaker 1: But you know what a been easier is right at the beginning, if they took three of the kids and shipped them off to John Denver, because then they could have been in the leftovers and it might have had an easier time.
Speaker 4: They would have bigger rooms.
Speaker 3: Yes, they would have had way bigger rooms, each one to themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And just when we think the art loner vibe is starting to work for Jamie, all of a sudden, she's pulled out of school because one of the Quints, Adam, was rushed to the ear with a very high temperature.
Speaker 4: She's obviously terrified, so are the parents.
Speaker 1: They get there and it is a good scene that allows her to make up with her parents and kind of explain that you've been really neglecting me, and also the parents finally say they address it because the mom finally says, I realized as I'm looking at the child that it wasn't one of the quints that was sick. It was Adam, like one of the the individual.
Speaker 3: Kids, individual exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And so they're starting to understand that she's feeling ignored and the pressure of getting into the straight a's and getting the science lab and all that stuff like that. She wants me an artist. The parents again reiterate they just want her to be happy, and that's when once again Jackal Johnson shows up, tries to ruin the dead by Brow and says sick Adam is really putting a kink in their plants. He suggests finding a matching baby, while Adam is outsick and that is a.
Speaker 4: Baby too far for baby, too far, baby, too far.
Speaker 3: For the breaker Baker. Oh, this guy is a big old douche canoes trying to tell me.
Speaker 1: Now here's a question if you got to vote douche Canoosh, who's the bigger one?
Speaker 4: Is it Al or is it Jackal?
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way, we're changing it, and they are twin brothers that have gone into well, it's the same, they're right around the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's Albert.
Speaker 2: I think Albert.
Speaker 3: Okay, not cool. That was awful.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think Jackal Johnson changed his name and I think he was. It was really Al and Jay were the two were the two kids Alan, they were twins, which makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: We have just it's cannon. Yes, we've made it happen. I agree with you. By the way, Al is the bigger of the douche canoe.
Speaker 1: And then there we all of a sudden we're at the Parents of the Year Galla with the governor Dad not who does a lot of very dun knots things and is disappointed when you realize that the Quints are not at the event. The invitation clearly said you needed to bring them, but as we know, the Grovers are not so.
Speaker 3: Good with do not read the fine print in any sense. It's the first thing on the invitation. But you know, they skip to Parents of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what they wanted to set up was that with this many babies, it was just impossible to be a good parent. You couldn't do it. And I get that. I get that's where the writing wanted to go, and that's what we're supposed to do. But set it up that they were kind of good and then get overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: And you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like she's great with one of the babies, but then needs to hold the second one.
Speaker 4: Like they show that scene with Jamie where she gets six.
Speaker 3: Arms with all these different arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tried that with the mom character or the dad character where they're each like trying to hold one baby and all right, we're switching like they're good parents, but they're just overwhelmed. Right, That makes more sense than they never seem to be good parents, is the weird part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just a writing thing. It was very very strange.
Speaker 1: Again, we say this a lot in the writing great cast, Yeah, totally right, I mean it really was. There was not a single performance in this movie. We're like, oh, that's this is not They're not good, not right, No, this is great, just needed a polish on, maybe the parents being a little bit more printed. So Jamie realizes the mistake while she's at home that the babies need to be at the gala, and with the help of her friends and the art teacher, they try to get the quints there. Now they put them in the the art teacher's van. Okay, yeah, the v DA five kids in the old v dub and the van breaks down halfway through. So then, of course, like a good teacher and a good adult, he calls for a cab. He gets into a cab with them, He leaves his van by the side of the road, and he makes sure the babies get No, not what happens at all.
Speaker 3: No, he sends them away on a bus, on a public bus.
Speaker 2: You know what flew through my head.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure there are times where people, I'm sure do take buses. How do you do that with a car seat? Does it not matter. Do not have to have the base for the car. The whole time that my brain started spirally on that on the on the subway.
Speaker 2: Lit I didn't grow up in a big city.
Speaker 1: I took a public bus all the time. I took a public bus all the time as a baby. Well, no, I was older by that.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see a baby on it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: How somebody would get sure that can you just take on I mean I.
Speaker 4: Think you can probably take on a car seat.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I like to know what adult, let alone, what teacher allows three middle schoolers and vast.
Speaker 3: Babies thirteen fourteen year olds to navigate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, public public transportation like that? Because then a public train with five babies. Yeah wait, that's where I was like, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 3: You lost me, You lost me. Then the biker guys come in.
Speaker 4: Then there's a biker gang.
Speaker 3: First of all, these are like the most clean cut biker looking at.
Speaker 4: The President stars.
Speaker 3: No, yours were actually scary looking, intimidating. These guys come in with they're not they don't look like grungy. They just start wearing biker what the typical you know, character biker stuff, looks like but they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they The biker gang then comes to the gala, carrying the kids to don Not to DoD Not.
Speaker 3: Which another wonderful parenting situation would your response to who are these guys?
Speaker 2: What were you doing?
Speaker 3: Why did you take the babies anywhere?
Speaker 4: You doing here? I mean something, but nope, it was grateful.
Speaker 2: Oh good, thank you.
Speaker 3: We needed them here.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so great that you're here. We thought for a minute you were all killed horribly. I mean, it's just so strange. And then it ends with a montage of a song that sounds like Hanson's Umbob and then the babies are safely at the gala. The governor offers the middle schoolers his limo, like you do, to anywhere they want to go, and Jamie fools the audience thinking they're going to get ice cream, but she actually goes to the art show and she wins top prize. And it was it was strange, But then lo and behold her parents the quins died. Nuts and a ton of other Galagoers show up at the art show and a bunch of people in tuxedos are holding the babies. Now the parents just gave the babies to a bunch of the people at the gala. Just take my kid. Take number four for me, strange biker person. You take number three, Gali lady. And then the movie ends with Jamie not attending the science school after all, and now she's happy.
Speaker 4: She's focused on art.
Speaker 1: Her dad got a promotion, but he's still in school, and she reveals her mom's pregnant again, this time with seven babies. No way, that's a joke. She holds up a paper that says, Maje look, and it was another kind of line we ended on, and that was the end.
Speaker 4: Of the movie.
Speaker 1: It was again, I Kimberly instantly a star. You could tell she was going to be a star. She carried this film. But I just didn't know what the movie was. It was very discombobulated this one.
Speaker 3: Right, And you know what character really confused a lot of it was this teacher character who kind of kept coming in with these lesson learning. Yeah really, but they really never kind of transpired into anything. It was, you know, you're trying to hold on to Okay, this is her mentor this is this is the one that's helping because the parents are again neglecting her. But then it kind of you find something that you love. But then I don't know, it was very I don't I he confused me a.
Speaker 4: Lot it was, Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was hard to follow, a lot of it was hard.
Speaker 4: It was hard to follow.
Speaker 1: And and the parents were such bad parents that it was it kind of beyond the realm of possibility.
Speaker 4: Bad parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again overwhelmed parents.
Speaker 4: Totally understandable, that's right.
Speaker 1: Five babies, mom constantly sleeping, you know, in the nursery. I haven't showered in three days. Totally understandable.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't seem to.
Speaker 4: Do that at all.
Speaker 3: Perfect the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, they were just bad. It wasn't that overwhelmed they were. Let's get some real reviews, Sabrina. Let's start with the five star. And I think I think you have the five star this week.
Speaker 3: This one is mine.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty happy, So let's do it.
Speaker 3: I start n why horse Girl, I think this movie was adorable.
Speaker 2: Kimberly J.
Speaker 3: Brown is an amazing actress and well known for her role of Annie Wheaton in Rose Bread, which we didn't mention that one.
Speaker 4: We did not. She's good, She's just good.
Speaker 3: And then in parentheses it says which I also recommend. I expect to see many more good movies from this young actress.
Speaker 2: I recommend seeing Quints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got by any way.
Speaker 1: Other Quints could use a little polish, But all the stuff about Kimberly I completely and.
Speaker 3: Totally spot on, spot on.
Speaker 4: Uh here's my one star. It's from Laughing Tomb.
Speaker 1: It says my friends forced me to watch old Disney movies as I didn't really grow up on them, and I can safely say that this film is perhaps the worst disaster of the world had seen before nine to eleven or up to that point. That's a little harsh, and it's literally nothing but baby screaming and crying almost NonStop. It's nauseating, boring and exhausting.
Speaker 4: Skip this on. It's just bad.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with the harshness of that.
Speaker 3: That was really harsh, really hard laughing too laughing. However, the amount of crying babies, I have to admit, gave me a headache as well.
Speaker 4: So trying and you had a real crying baby and making it.
Speaker 3: It was so bad.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 3: It's kind of kind of hitting the mark a little bit, just maybe a little over the top, but it must be a younger kid doing this.
Speaker 4: I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Our feature this week, our fun, fun game that we always play, is in celebration of one of the very small scenes of this movie. Jamie her two best friends near the end of the film do their tradition of counting to three and revealing the grades they got on the test, which I really like that like one, two, three, we want as it was real. It was very cute and out of nowhere. Before they count, Shadia as Zoe decides to tell a joke, and it may be one of the worst and most confusing dad jokes ever.
Speaker 4: Here's the joke.
Speaker 1: She said, did you hear the one about the Eskimo who died of cold cuts? He stabbed himself with an icicle. Okay, it's kind of doesn't even make sense. It's it's again, you.
Speaker 3: Can't It's just one of these random things that happened.
Speaker 7: It just okay, yeah, random or you're just kind of like all right, and that the problem is it also kind of pulled back on a really fun part of the movie, which is their their little rituals.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: However, I would have by this time assumed they would have kicked their genius friend out of the tradition. Clearly getting straight a's.
Speaker 4: Getting is all the time. Dude, go over there, over there.
Speaker 1: After we're done, when we open ours, you can come back.
Speaker 4: You can go by the way.
Speaker 1: We have b's and c's because you're ruining the curve. Everybody knows that. But so here's the thing. We found a poll online that lists both the best and the worst dad jokes. And we're going to read a joke, and we have to decide which list is found on. The joke is found on, whether the best or the worst. Now, once again, as always, Sabrina and I have no idea. We truly don't are only our producers know this. We don't know what it is. So here we go. Let's see is this on the best dad joke list or the worst dad joke list?
Speaker 4: So here's the first one. What does a sprinter eat before a race? Nothing?
Speaker 1: They fasts, laughing like it's the greatest jokes you've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that is so funny.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I purposely don't read these right because I don't want my brain to think about this too much, because just just too good of a Do.
Speaker 4: You think do you think that's on the best or worst list?
Speaker 3: I think it's on the best.
Speaker 4: I'm going to agree. I think that's that's clever. I'm gonna say it's on the best list.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean, I don't know if this is a sign for the game, but it's on the worst list.
Speaker 3: Oh. For one, okay, they fast, I.
Speaker 8: Did love it. I did love it.
Speaker 1: Number two okay, I want to hear a joke about construction. I'm still working on it.
Speaker 3: That's and and my my father in laws in construction, so I'm going to actually give this one for him to use. But it's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: You say it's on the worst list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that's gotta be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's on the best list because I'm going to just vote against Sabrina because sometimes that makes me win.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately that is on the worst list.
Speaker 3: Also, it is.
Speaker 4: Gonna be one of those things where they're all on the worst list. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Number three, why did the math book look so sad because of all of its problems?
Speaker 3: That seems like something a little kid would say.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the worst.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be on the worst.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stick with worse now too, what is it?
Speaker 8: Oh no, that's on the best list. What No, listen, this is this is all opinion based. But you're wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're wrong. Oh that's funny. We're over three. Number four. Did you hear about the kidnapping at school? It's fine, he woke up like that one.
Speaker 3: Sorry, gets ahead while you're reading.
Speaker 4: Like, let's say best.
Speaker 3: Let's say I'm gonna say best.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's no way that was on the worst.
Speaker 4: That's one of the Yes, we got one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 4: And finally number five in February March.
Speaker 1: No, but April May it's gotta be the worst.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a given worst. That's that's the worst. We're two for five. Okay, there you go. Wow, once again keeping us on our toes. Oh man, can we do some Sabrina Seas?
Speaker 3: Yes. So obviously we've talked about that these kids had. There was you know, you said twenty babies, you know that they that were on set. But I also did you find moments where it looked like they were using dolls that they weren't real babies at all? I felt when they were all bolding them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these babies, by the way, were cute.
Speaker 3: I will say, there's many shows out there that have babies, and they're not always the cutest little babies. I know they have to find twins a lot of times, but you know, anyway, these babies were really adorable. I thought all of them were so cute that they used but there were moments where real or not. I really was focusing on it because some of the babies that you can get, the doll babies are really great looking and they move a little bit around but creepy. Yeah, but they do use them a lot because of the same thing. Like we said, they can only be used for fifteen minutes. And there's definitely when she was doing the seven arms, those were not babies. Those were all dolls, you know, when when the dolls are in her weird contraptions that she was slinging all over those world. So there was just a lot of moments where I was kind of going, gosh, sometimes I can't even tell some of these babies that you know, I will say that of course I've got down Jackal Johnson. Good to see him, you know, working go yes, And then I did my last little one. I didn't have a lot, because again I was so confused. It was like I didn't even really know what to write down sometimes. But one of the things that I will say is the dad just adding again that these parents are just so awful, completely makes her art exhibit about him. He mentions earlier in the movie that he really was into photography. She wasn't sure why because he was a terrible photographer, and that he's very kind of artsy.
Speaker 2: It's sort of mentioned, and then when she talks about.
Speaker 3: Her show, her art show exhibit that she's gonna be, you know, highlighted at, he's, oh, my.
Speaker 2: Little bit baby gets my art gene type of thing. That's like what he's talking about. I'm like, Dad, you're the worst.
Speaker 3: This is when I gave That was my moment of I give up on you. I give up completely. My hands are in there.
Speaker 4: You were just to give you something. I tried to give you something.
Speaker 3: Yes, now I just can't. And then again I had to write down again We've already talked about it, but I was heartbroken for this little one as she was ripping I got a little teary eyed when she was ripping up her art. That was so sad, you know, finally finds a real passion and not supported by her parents, and that's just yeah, yeah, that's thanks, pretty big bummer.
Speaker 4: That is a bummer. And now we got to rate the movie, as you know we do every week.
Speaker 1: We one is not so good, ten is wow, that's really good.
Speaker 4: And in the middle is where the middle is. Everybody knows that. And so we got to figure out how we're gonna, uh, how we're gonna do this week.
Speaker 1: Our options this week are art class freakouts, juice face back one out of ten, dads pretending they're tired when their wife is giving birth. Yeah done, nuts cameos one out of ten, quitting Irish nannies, or one out of ten handsome bop doupes.
Speaker 3: What do you like? Oh? I think we gotta give Don Knott's cameos. H yeah done nut cameo. Yeah, we got to give him a shining light for even being in this movie.
Speaker 2: I think it was pretty cool to seek.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, and I also think that you went first last time. If so, I will go first this time. This is a tough one. What this could arguably have been my lowest rated one ever, or close to it, were it not for kimber because again, when you get a young actor that age, who's in every scene, who's talking to the camera, who's going from that kind of connection with the audience to then into the scene and then sometimes back to the connect and I mean there were some scenes where they had to time all the acting out properly to where she's giving a monologue to the camera as somebody else is coming in and then she's going right into dialogue with them. So she saved this movie from being the worst rated movie for me of all time that were so far, I should say, because she was so good. Yes, I am gonna give this a five point five.
Speaker 4: Don knots cameras. Yeah, this movie.
Speaker 1: Again they made the parents just such bad parents, and there was a lot of I didn't this the through line of the story didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It really kind of didn't right. But again you saw right away. I hate to tell this because I know Kimberly well, but I'm not well. But I know Kimberly and I'm waiting. I've been waiting purposely to see Halloween Town. And so when you get her, you know, an actor of that quality in a movie that everybody says is phenomenal, like wait till you see Halloween Town like that. I can't wait to see that combination. And you saw sparks of that here where she just carried this movie. So she saved this movie in my opinion. So I I give it a five point five to a soft six. Got God's cameos, that's my.
Speaker 3: Mind that I am actually right there with you. Five point five. Not as good of a six, but not worse again, because Kimberly did just such a great job in this. Like you said, it is not only hard for the.
Speaker 2: Actor to do what she was able to do, but it's.
Speaker 3: Hard for the audience to appreciate and like going in and out of that because sometimes you see it done and it's like it's stop talking to me, you know. So she did such a phenomenal job. But again, there was times where I stopped caring about the movie because it was so confusing and just felt random things thrown in, you know, random conversations that really seem to know, not go anywhere with the teacher, why do I you know, just certain things that just kind of again, and I didn't like the freeze frames. They did it a couple of times those really I really didn't like those, but yeah five five point five don knotts?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I love it for okay, well, thank you everybody there.
Speaker 4: You have it.
Speaker 1: That is Quints, the two thousand movie about five kids when actually there are six. Uh and man, the parents need seriously, we got to talk about these decomp parents because those were not good. So remember to subscribe to our feed and you can follow us at the Magical rewind Pod on Instagram.
Speaker 4: And don't forget. We got a chance to talk to Kimberly J. Brown. It was a ton of fun. Check out this clip. You are straight up decom royalty.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, very but I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: You've done You're in a very very rarefied group which is four plus D coms.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: That it is funny when you put it like that, it's it's like, oh wow, I did yeah, I did do that many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's a small club too.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like a really small club of actors that have four dcoms under their belt, let alone, you know.
Speaker 4: For classics like yeah, rich are great.
Speaker 1: So we want to talk obviously about we'll get into the Halloween town stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but we just that's fine. But we just watched Quints and that's how we say it.
Speaker 1: By the way, we don't know. We always add an explanation point to things.
Speaker 4: So it's quins.
Speaker 9: It feels like it was always in the title, right, the ex quints. Yeah you say it, yeah, happily.
Speaker 3: It's not like.
Speaker 4: Enjoy yourselves.
Speaker 1: And I'd like everybody to feel a little old as we go away, as we think to ourselves that all five of those babies are now twenty five. Oh yeah, there you go, everybody. Now, I'm going to go take my jeraitol and call it a night, So thanks everybody, Bye bye,