Speaker 1: First, when you watch the Week two Giants game rules, saw the second half and Martin Dale dialed up all those exotics. You watch that film, you pretty much knew you were getting the same thing. What did you what did you communicate to Brendel on the short week about all the different exotic looks that you were probably going to see.
Speaker 2: Well, we looked at all of them leading up to as money and as we could, and we can only practice so many of them. With the short week. We get as many repsent as we can and walk through setting with the short week.
Speaker 3: That's all you can do.
Speaker 2: Just keep going through it, review what they showed, know they're going to show different things. Make sure he understood and seeing things right and h and he did. For the most part, we did a good job. What challenging is that one so the teams blitzing as much as they are in terms of you know, everyone has to be other piece of cues for repeatedly over and over.
Speaker 1: I mean they do anyway obviously, but in that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always challenging. They do a good job of making sure that they test all your rules and make sure your rules are sound, make sure your guys are on point and they did. They test us, and obviously there's always going to be one or two where you miss and uh, but for the most part, the guys is a good job. The guy puts the pressure on a lot of times there weren't enough blockers and so it puts pressure on brock and and and receiving Quarterbible to answer by getting rid of the ball in certain certain instances and uh and be able to make plays, which we were able to do just enough. From that last week to this week, a team that doesn't blinter police was at the lowest rate in the league. Different is yeah, it's just it's a whole different game. It's just and that's the challenge week to week. Whether it be the personnel that you're facing, whether it be the scheme that you're facing, there's a challenge every week.
Speaker 3: And that's the cool part about the season.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I love about the season is that you know you can only do so much against your defense. So once you start going against these guys every week, the challenge is how to get guys prepped to play their individual one on one battles, schematic battles. Then what the game planet you've implemented throughout the week too. How they apply that to those players and to those schemes. It's a challenge every week, and it's really it's really a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: The Eagles defenses, it's what the Phia has been running.
Speaker 3: The last Cardinals defense.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Cardinals defense is uh is some more from us from a base standpoint, And then there's part of it.
Speaker 3: The hard thing was this week is how far.
Speaker 2: Down the rabbit hole do you go of looking at Eagles film and how much you look at Arizona film. Obviously no same guys, same same defense. Were they in their progression? Do they put a lot more in this week? Do they leave it where it is? I mean, it's just you don't know, but you're ready for everything. The key thing is, it's it's so often you've heard I think probably Kyle talked before about it. We oftentimes get a lot of unscouted looks, looks that you don't prepare for. So you're always building upon it. You're always telling guys, hey, look, you know, just because we've prepped you for this this week doesn't mean that, hey, you might not see this, this or that as the week goes through. So so you you have to go a little bit down that that rabbit hole and the RECTI. You just have to say, you know, we've got to just be prepared. Everything they've done, we've seen at some point, just how much will we have prepped for easy?
Speaker 3: Just this week once Colts just continued to grind away.
Speaker 2: You know we were the first week obviously we left him alone a lot of times with with with what and he had his ups and downs with him Obviously it was a ballot. TJ had had some sess on us, and but we're able to get the win and able to come through it. Colt in the next two weeks, it's just you know, stayed the course. He hasn't, you know, didn't didn't throw them off. Whatever happened week one and week two and week three. Just can you continue to work on the things that need to get better.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that we've.
Speaker 2: Always talked about with Colton, right his his mentality, his demeanor, How one bad play doesn't lead to three bad plays, How it doesn't let things pile up on him. And now even more so that he's the starter and playing every week, I think that that's Hey, you're going to have a bad play every now and then. Now you've got to come off of that, play correct it and make better and he has done that.
Speaker 3: But again it's a whole new week.
Speaker 4: We'll see the Cardinals grabbed a couple of your young offensive linemen right around cut Down Bay last month. How frustrating is that for you to have a you know, a young player that you had started to develop, you had probably plans for to have him kind of get swiped.
Speaker 1: By the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a you know, in a lot of ways, it's a compliment. You mean, it means that they played well in the preseason, you just didn't have a place on your roster form and other people, you know, covet them and want and want them. It is you know, you have a chance to develop some guys. Uh, we'd had a little bit longer than than ILM. But both those guys did really well force in training camp and it's tough to lose them. But's that's the Nation Football League. It's there's opportunities for guys somewhere else and morning anything else. I'm happy for the guys if they have an opportunity to go somewhere else, get on a fifty three, make some money, not be on a practice squad. That's that's good for them, and I'm happy for them.
Speaker 4: As far as your own young guys, me Roy Watson, I mean, imagine he's going up against Osa a lot in practice.
Speaker 1: You do you see the benefit of that.
Speaker 4: I mean you've seen him take Striveesta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's they're small because they don't you know. The thing is they get you know, really two good practice days Wednesday and Thursday. Friday's more of a walkthrough than Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. They don't do a lot, whereas the other guy's playing a game on Sunday, and and so there is that that that that it's it's hard to progress in these times.
Speaker 3: But we do work with them.
Speaker 2: We work with them individually after practice, we work with them over the weekend a little bit. They get a little workout in prior to the game with with some time for the coat with the coaches. So there's a little bit of time that we're able to get some work done with them, and there is there is progression, but it's slow and it isn't without playing the games. The games are what they miss and that's where preseason games have huge value for those guys when it gets back to camp next year, and and so this time is valuable. They've got to make the most of it. It's just in a practice setting, it's it's hard to get huge jumps, the little tiny steps.
Speaker 1: What's a veteran like Feliciano added to your room? And see, you know he helped some of the younger interior players along.
Speaker 3: So far, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: He does a great job working not only with the younger players and just giving a veteran presence and leadership from that standpoint, he also does a great job working with Jake and having played the position and working with the other interior guys that you know, uh, with with Spencer and with and with Banks, you know, just together talking talking about you know what he's done when he's played certain players. I mean last week he was a big help for us against the Giants, understanding because he's been there last year or two, so he knew those guys and and so he's just been a help all around from an experience standpoint, from a helping young guys, working with the veterans, uh, just communicating and learning our system, doing everything that he needs to be a part of this team. He just blended in really well, and it's and it's just a we all work together to get this thing accomplished, and he's become a big part of that.
Speaker 1: Rock a couple of fobal exchanges.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both times it was it was a miscommunication on the snap count. Uh, somebody either snapped the ball earlier, the quarterback wasn't expecting the ball something that was just a miscommunication on when the ball was going to be snapped.
Speaker 1: It's the game, last three games, nothing to scoff at, but obviously Rock missed a few. There's huge potential for more. Is that leave you excited for what the potential could be?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I always does you hope you know it's the same thing. You see plays that are available both run, run and pass.
Speaker 3: There's huge run.
Speaker 2: There's been some run opportunities that we've missed over these few weeks that that we've just been off on some combination blocks and things. As you could, everybody can see the you know, the wide open paths that that that might be mister or overthrown and who knows why that is, whether it's receiver, the quarterback, the line, the protection, one hundred different reasons for it, but it does lead to hope. You say, yeah, man, well we hit a couple of these, You're not gonna hit them all. But but if you hit one or two more, well, what happens you hit one or two of these runs?
Speaker 3: What happens? You know, So there's always room for improvement. That's the good thing.
Speaker 2: You can look at it and say, hey, guys, this is things we need to improve on. Their definite uh definite clear things to work on.
Speaker 1: Brock and the line of scrimmage, setting protections. He made that contsipatory touchdown past the bell and I mean Bill hadn't even gotten it out of his break yet. In the ball was in the year. How good is he hit? Setting protections and being an anticipatory thrower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's awesome. He does a great job. I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rock has been you know, everybody, we talked about this and that, and you say, yeah, well, he finally was the starting quarterback all of training camp and he finally was the you know, starting quarterback through preseason and last year he took over mid season with zero reps is the third quarterback.
Speaker 3: And then played through the year and.
Speaker 2: Has had and has had success so it's all ahead of them and just continues to grow and get better.
Speaker 3: And you couldn't be happier with the way he does things.
Speaker 2: And you know, most of our protections are are pretty well taken care of by Kyle by the center. The quarterbacks don't do as much with it. But he understands completely where the free guys are. He moves away from pressure and does an excellent job with that, understands his problems. He's a real, real student of the game, understands it and has the athleticism and the ability to make plays and make throws understanding that the anticipatory throws have been to me. And I'm again not a past guy as much as I am a line coach and that, but they seem really really cool how he does that.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys,