Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News. Welcome to the Bloomberg This Weekend podcast with David Gura, Christina Raffini, and Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us for today's selection of conversations from the show.
Speaker 3: You can listen to our favorite discussions right here on the podcast, but also make sure to join us live every Saturday and Sunday morning starting at seven am Easter.
Speaker 4: We're on Bloomberg Television, Radio and the Bloomberg Business App, bringing you unique takes and in depth interviews on news, politics, lifestyle and culture.
Speaker 3: Breaking news that RUNI and state media reporting mediators have submitted their response to the US proposal and the war via Pakistan.
Speaker 2: This comes ten weeks into the conflict and frankly into our show, which launched the same weekend as those attacks. The conflict has disrupted global energy supplies. We're still waiting, as Lisa mentioned, on more details on what exactly is in that Ron response. But joining us now is Bloomberg News White House correspondent Jeff Mason, who is on White House duty this weekend. Jeff, are we hearing anything from the White House yet? Were we expecting this today or we all just kind of waiting to see when this popped into our inboxes and flashed across a terminal.
Speaker 5: It's a wait and see situation, Christina, I have asked the White House act for a reaction or a response, and haven't heard back from them yet. I imagine that the White House and the US administration broadly is still digesting this response in terms of when we expected it.
Speaker 6: The President had told reporters.
Speaker 5: On Friday that he was expecting to have that response that night, So they've been waiting all weekend for it to come in, and now it's in. And now what we'll want to be asking and seeing is whether or not it's acceptable to President Trump what they've responded to, and whether the conditions are enough that this ceasefire will continue so that they can move on to talk about the nuclear program at Iran that President Trump said was the actual reason for getting into this war in the first place.
Speaker 3: Jeff, we talked about a ceasefire. It's a funny kind of ceasefire because the attacks keep coming. We saw drone attacks this morning on some tankers in the straight of hor moves. Of course, we saw the US retaliate on Iran after some attacks earlier in the week on other vessels. Here, the President continues to be so adamant that we do have a ceasefire in place. He talks about the prospects of extending one. To go back to what I said, it is a funny one in that there still seems to be a lot of attacks taking place in the region while this is in place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't say it beout her David. It's a war and a messaging of contradiction. And that's really been characteristic of how the President and the US has talked about or engaged in this war from the very beginning, from some confusion over what the actual aims were, to the status of the ceasefire, to what is acceptable now during a ceasefire. I think the President has wanted to portray this ceasefire as not being threatened because he wants it to continue, and he wants there to be a deal. And I might add he wants there not to be any major hostilities going into his trip next week or this week now, I should say on Tuesday to China. China, of course, will excuse me, I ran, of course, will be one of the big topics on that summit between President Trump and President she and it's not the backdrop he wants to have continued fighting in there, even if they haven't agreed on a full on piece deal yet.
Speaker 2: And speaking of that, Jeff, there is also this sequencing issue wherein if the US agrees to the ceasefire and reopening up the Strait, the US will then lose a lot of their leverage going into nuclear negotiations which are supposed to take place maybe possibly after this is settled. Has any of that been resolved and what are the two big sticking points that still exist between these two proposals in these two nations.
Speaker 5: Well, nothing has been resolved that I can tell anyway. I mean, they haven't announced any progress yet other than the fact that they are talking, and that is something, and talking through the Pakistani mediators of course.
Speaker 6: But you're spot on.
Speaker 5: Christina to mention that in terms of the straight of hour moves, and that is another broader consequence of this war. In general, Iran has ended up flexing its muscles and its leverage with the Strait in a way that it never had before this war.
Speaker 6: And so that will.
Speaker 5: Be a really interesting thing to see, is how the two sides work that out going forward. I think the US would like to see Iran not involved at all in governing House ships get through the straight of hour moves. Iran, however, has realized that that is a huge piece of leverage that it has and seems unlikely to just throw that away or give that up. But that is in terms of sequencing. As you said, that's the first question. Getting that fixed so that Iran can start getting more money back into its economy and so that the global economy is not hamstrung.
Speaker 6: By the Strait being blocked.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of regional allies and Gulf nations have that same concern. All right, Jeff, thank you for the scrabble. Always nice to see you this morning. Thanks for breaking down that breaking news.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much, Jeff. We're gonna bring another voice now.
Speaker 3: Democratic Congressman from Maryland, Johny of Cheskey, known as Johnny Owe to his friends and constituents in the second Congression district there in Maryland, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll County as well, I believe.
Speaker 7: Congressman, thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: You sit on the Foreign Affairs Committee, and I just want to start with the news that we're kind of going through this morning. The fact that we have reporting that that response to the US proposal has been conveyed via the pakistanis to the US. Your reaction to that, and what do you need to see in that response to feel better about the prospects of this conflict coming to an end.
Speaker 8: Some great reporting there, and like everyone else, I'm waiting to see what the details are. But we have to take a step back and remember that we're waiting for agreement on a ceasefire that is only necessary because of a problem that President Trump created in the first place. You know, Iranians would not know that they had this potentially powerful tool in closing the strait of our moves but for our attack. And so this is, as you were pointing out, just one step and a much larger conversation about the very real concern about having a nuclear armed Iran. But we're really in a place now where the President, I think, is looking to save face as a war that we know now there was not a clear imminent threat.
Speaker 6: But as has been true throughout this war.
Speaker 8: As a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee, I've gotten zero up to date real time information from this administration. There have been no public hearings and so it's really a little bit like poking in the dark to try to figure out where we are and where this administration hopes to land ultimately.
Speaker 2: Are you concerned about the lack of what you just talked about consultation with Congress as well as something people keep talking about with US is the lack of technical experts going into these negotiations. When they negotiated the original Iran nuclear deal, which the Trump administration pulled out of during the first term, that was months and months of negotiations in Geneva with multilateral partners, with States Apartment officials, junior officials, people from IAEA. The State's Apartment, as far as we can tell, has been largely cut out of these negotiations. It has really only three people, and the President seems making these decisions. Are you confident that they have the knowledge they need to go into these rooms and come out with a deal that is advantageous to the United States?
Speaker 6: Fortunately, I'm not confident.
Speaker 8: What I can tell you is what I do know from sitting on the Foreign Affairs Committee is that even if the State Department were at the table, that department has been absolutely gutted. So a lot of the support infrastructure that should be in place doesn't exist. And the fact that this president also on top of that, likes to go it alone so much is really problematic for I think finding those kind of sustainable deals. What worries me in all of this is that we're going to end up with a deal that is equal to or maybe even worse than that JOA, which was imperfect by the way, there were opportunities for improvement. But President Trump created this environment in the first place by ripping up that original agreement, allowing Iran to really go at their enrichment program with great following, ripping up that deal that, as you mentioned, was very involved in, very detailed, and so now we're back at a place where if we can get through a ceasefire agreement and if we can get back to the table, I'm hopeful that we can get back to a place where there's not enrichment happening.
Speaker 6: But we have a long way to go.
Speaker 8: And in the meantime, there's been an incredible amount of pain inflicted upon not just Americans in terms of service members' lives, lost, hundreds of not at least tens of billions of dollars spent painted the pump for Americans and frankly across the globe. And so we're asking here, you know, to what end? And I think at this point the president can't really answer that question.
Speaker 3: Let's talk a bit about what this has to bear on US politics. I'm just going to note here Chris Wright, the Energy Secretaries on Meet the Press with Christen Weilcrin in NBC News. He said, the US isn't going to take off any options off the table when it comes to Iran. An interram run deal has got to be possible, he said. And then you noted gasoline and diesel prices are going to remain up while this war continues. I'm curious how you see that pressure mounting as you talked to constituents and make your way around the district. You mentioned you haven't been briefed formally by this administration on the Foreign Affairs Committee. We did see the Secretary of Defense gope and speak to the Armed Services Committee. There is some speculation that maybe we're reaching a greater appetite for war powers resolution on Capitol Hill. What's going to change the conversation or the political terrain?
Speaker 7: Is it going to be.
Speaker 3: Gas prices diesel prices continuing to rise a pace or is it going to be that the longer this lasts without any indication of sort of where the direction of this war is headed from the administration is going to finally lead you and your colleagues to do more, try to do more, to get administration officials up to Capitol Hill to give you some answers.
Speaker 8: Appreciate those questions. I'll start with the war power for resolution. I mean, this is now beyond the sixty days and the flexibility that my colleagues on the Republican side have said the president deserves. So it's not a suggestion, it's the law. If the president wants to continue military operations, he has to have authorization from Congress. At this point, I think the law is clear, and so on that point, I would.
Speaker 2: Say energy really quickly. Do you think that would concern this particular president. Do you think anything Congress passes, even if it would pass the war powers of resolution, do you think that would stop him?
Speaker 8: Well, that's not a reason for Congress not to try to stop him. But if the president blows past war powers restrictions, then I think we have to sort of up our game as members of Congress to hold this president accountable. This is a president who has consistently shown a disdain for any sort of check and unfortunately, my Republican colleagues have largely deferred to the President on those issues. And I hope that given the consequence and given the impact to the other point, I think that the costs at the pump, and it's not just that the pump. We're seeing it on airline tickets. We're seeing it through surcharges and places like Amazon, We're seeing it through what's happening with food prices. This is having impact across the lives of all Americans. And so I think what's happening is in particular, Republican colleagues in Congress are seeing that this is going to be a real drag on their election prospects in November. And I think this is really going to fuel a Democratic majority in the House of Representatives. I think we're going to see a closing, if not a democratic takeover of the Senate.
Speaker 6: So I think these issues are real. People are really hurting.
Speaker 8: As I talked to my constituents, and I think it's really interesting to note that usually when it's whether one of the secretaries or the President himself. These are millionaires and billionaires who are members of this administration, taling Americans it's going to be okay, it's only temporary. That's not acceptable to people who are trying to put a roof over their head and food on the table.
Speaker 3: Let's move if we can to the summit that's going to take place this week, invasion between the President and President ution Ping. And we had your colleague, your Democratic colleague, Rocana of California on the show yesterday and we asked him what he's looking for as an outcome from that meeting between those two world leaders. Let's take a listen to what he had The same reply, Well.
Speaker 9: He has a lot that he has to reverse, had China hold us hostage on rares and critical minerals. I want a deal that actually helps American farmers, American shipbuilders, American manufacturers, and I.
Speaker 6: Hope he will work to get that. He hasn't so far.
Speaker 3: Connors's been kind of looking for an economic resolution to come out of this meeting and engaging similar goals on your part, what would you like to see these two leaders announce at the end of those meetings.
Speaker 6: I think that's part of it.
Speaker 8: What I can tell you is this is a president who's been very soft on China. The one place where he's been hard is on tariffs, and that has negative impacts for everyone.
Speaker 6: No one wins in a trade war.
Speaker 8: But what we do know is that this president's been very soft in terms of advanced chips and the selling of those, and that really is, I think putting our national security at risk. You see a ton of pieces of legislation around export controls and the Foreign Affairs Committee. I think it speaks to this concern of the way this administration is acting and in general on the issue. So Yes, in addition to what Representative Kanna had said, I actually want to see our president take a heart stand on some of these expert control some of this advanced chips and looking more in the American interest. I'm also looking to making sure that this president, that President Trump, takes a much more affirmative stance and support of our friend and partner Taiwan. I know that I just introduced legislation, bipartisan legislation I'm a co league with Representative Kim that would have the United States do a survey of all the potential responses if there were to ever be an invasion of Taiwan by China, and so I'm hoping that the President not only step up for American farmers and American interests from a national security perspective, but also to be a much more ardent supporter of Taiwan's interest in these meetings.
Speaker 7: Johnny oh Carson, John L.
Speaker 3: Jesske joining us that I feel like we can. I feel the level of familiarity here. Over the course of this interview, people call you that I'm not making that up.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm former school teacher. I've read the bios.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being here and for putting up with us this morning. I will have to have you back sometime.
Speaker 3: Stay with us for more on Bloomberg this weekend. Right after this, all right, we have.
Speaker 2: More breaking news. This morning, the country's health minister, in coordination with WHO and twenty two other countries, began evacuating Haunt, a virus striking cruise ship in Spain's Canary Islands.
Speaker 10: All the passengers remain asymptomatic. The boat has arrived at six thirty am. The entire operation is proceeding normally, and I said the first to Disembard will be the Spanish citizens and then the flight to the Netherlands will depart.
Speaker 7: Choris now is doctor Carlos til Rio.
Speaker 3: He is a distinguished professor at Emory School of Medicine's Division of Infectious Diseases.
Speaker 7: Doctor del Rio, thank you very much for being here.
Speaker 3: And let's pick up from what we just heard there what we expect to happen here over these next few hours. It sounds like many countries are marshaling aircraft to the Canary Islands to bring their citizens back to their respective countries. Perhaps can just take the US as an example here. What's going to happen here over the next twenty four to thirty six hours.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you for having me. The first thing is that, unfortunately, what we hear is that the passengers that are being disembarked are old asymtomatic. In other words, they don't have any symptoms of ntavirus, which means maybe they're not infected yet. We don't know. They could still have been infected and they're going to have developed symptoms later. So the first thing that's going to happen is all passengers will undergo a health screening. They're going to be you know, question, they're going to have physical exams, they may draw some blood, and then after they decide whether they're truly a symtomatic or not, they'll put them on a plane and the American citizens are going to come over to a serious communical disease unit at the University of Nebraska, which is fairly large, and they're going to be then a process again over there, and if they happen to be sintomatic, if there's anything that suggestions of infection, they'll be kept in isolation. Otherwise that they still cline to be asyantobatic, they'll be sent home and encouraged to quarantine and to watch themselves for the next six to eight weeks.
Speaker 2: Deta, I want to ask you how this spreads, because I know that it is usually something that you get by coming into contact with animal droppings that have this virus. It is not usually spread from person to person, or there can be prevailing wisdom is that if you get it from person person, you have to be in very close contact. That some of the reports we're seeing from the ship is that not all of these individuals who have tested positive for this virus were in close enough contact that virologists would usually assume they were susceptible to contracting the virus. I know this is a different strain than we have here in the US, and that is more possible. But is that concerning that this seems to be a method of transmission that this virus doesn't usually take.
Speaker 11: No, it actually does this, and hintavirus is the only one that's spressed person to person. And there was an outbreak in Argentina in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen where some of the things that you're mentioning actually had some person just got infected because they were in the same room with another person that was infected, or they were in the same bathroom. It is very clear that if you have very close intimate contact, for example, in this case the index case, then his wife got infected. They were in the same cabin, they could have been you know, intimate sexually. There's a lot of reasons why the wife got infected so quickly and then developed symptoms, But that doesn't mean, you know, it's an all or non phenomena.
Speaker 6: And clearly there's a lot.
Speaker 11: Of things about the transmission we don't fully understand. And I think this this outbreak is going to help us try to understand that it is very clear that the closer you are, the more intimate contact, the more likely you are to get infected. But that doesn't mean that we have not seen sort of what appears to be fairly casual mechanisms of infection.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about the global public health apparatus that's being marshaled to bear here in tenter Reef. So the United States has pulled out of the World Health Organization. That's something that's changed since the COVID nineteen pandemic, and I wonder what the consequences are to that as you see them, as we watch this this effort unfold, and what we can learn from this experience. Yes, this may not lead to the kind of global pandemic that we saw with with COVID nineteen, but what can we learn from the way that governments respond to this crisis that's breaking out on this ship.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, first of all, I want to say that the World Herald Organization has really done a remarkable job, starting with their Director General, doctor Tedrose, and then the rest of the WHO team, Maria van Kerhoven and her team, They've done a tremendous job. You know, doctor Tedros is there inside in Tenerief, helping and providing leadership and talking to the Spanish government and ensuring that the boat was able to dock over there and the passengers can be safely and securely disembarked. I think we have seen a much diminished CDC. If you think about a prior outbreak, let's think the outbreak of Ebola. CDC very quickly was involved, very CDC very quickly sent a team over there. CDC was providing something very important, which is technical assistance. We're not seeing a lot of technical assistance happening for CDC right now. In fact, it almost seems like the CDC response occurred after many, many days. It was almost too late, too little, too late. And that's unfortunate because you know, we need a strong CDC. As American citizens, we want a strong CDC. We want a CDC that as a leader in global health, not only naturally but globally. And to see such a diminish CDC to me, as an infectiousy physician and as a public health expert, is actually quite painful.
Speaker 2: And that seems to compound the concern. People really are stressed about this. We were talking yesterday about how we've literally heard people on the street in Manhattan talking about it, and then the WHO director, doctor Tedros, was talking about the concern of a wider spread of this virus. I want you to listen to what he said.
Speaker 12: The concern is legitimate because we have all experience because of COVID, especially in twenty twenty, and that trauma is still in our minds. So people will have questions, people who have concerns, and that's what I try to address in my message to the people of Tenerife. We hear you, we understand, but the situation is much better now.
Speaker 2: How worried should people be that this is not an isolated outbreak?
Speaker 11: I think about this one.
Speaker 6: I would not be worried.
Speaker 11: I agree with doctor Tenders. I think there's still a lot of trauma left from COVID, But I would say, don't be worried.
Speaker 6: But this is not.
Speaker 11: The first outbreak.
Speaker 6: This is not the last outbreak.
Speaker 11: What I were worried about is that we will continue to see these kind of outbreaks. Were continue to have outbreaks like this one. Believe me, a hand of ours in a cruise ship was not in my bigger card of things that was going to happen in a cruise ship, and yet it happened. So we're going to see more things like this one. And what people in the US need to be worried about is our public health infrastructure. They need to be worried about. We can CDC. The CDC has been significantly diminished in relevance and a lot of people have left, all lot of expertise have left CDC. So I would say that what.
Speaker 6: We need to ask for and what we need to be worried.
Speaker 11: About is the state or public health and global health expertise in our country rather than this specific outburg.
Speaker 3: Carlos Silrio, Professor, Demberg University, thank you very much for the time on this Sunday mornings who watched those images from tenor Reef, those passengers getting off of that cruise vessel getting onto a series of plans. Christina and I think what we heard there about what happens next is just fascinating. That US pastors will be brought to Nebraska. We talked a bit about that yesterday. The sophisticated facility there at the University of Nebraska has and they'll be a quarantine that I think will last many days, if not several weeks. It has been used for abola and for COVID nineteen.
Speaker 2: After that, stay with us for more on Bloomberg this Weekend.
Speaker 4: Right after this, welcome back to Bloomberg this weekend. I'm Lisa Matteo. Now as we take a moment today to reflect on the moms in our lives, we're also aware of the emotional but also the financial that parents are putting into their children. It is a topic of the Bloomberg Weekend essay as well as the book over Invested, The Emotional Economy of Modern Parenting. Joining us now is Nina Bundel. She is professor of sociology at U SEE Irvine. She is the author and joins me now. Nina, thank you and pleasure speaking with you today. This article itself, let's start there first, it's about how parenting is changing in the twenty first century. There's a lot of things that parents are going through, right, the money, the time, the investment into our children. The big question is always on our minds. Are we doing enough? My question to you is is enough? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What is that enough? What is are we looking for? What is enough? Exactly?
Speaker 13: Well, thank you so much Lisa for asking this question, because lots of parents are so concerned and so exhausted this these days, because we invest emotionally in financially and we want to do the best for our children, and I think partly continuously asking this question is very burdensome. It creates this slow grade dread in our gut that we think we need to listen to all the time, and it's hard to quiet it. So I would say it's important to know that social forces influence how we behave as parents, how we even feel as parents, and these days, this exhaustion listening to all of the advice is making us really tired and drained.
Speaker 4: I feel you in it. I have to admit personally I've invested a lot, but both of my kids are athletes, and so the private lessons, the hotel stays, the car rental is the best top equipment. I mean, you name it, we've invested in it. But I want to bring you something something that you say. You say kids are viewed through the lens of human capital, So what exactly do you mean by that?
Speaker 13: So this investment that you just pointed to Lisa, in extracurricular activities in sports and skills that kids can develop in addition to going to school. Those are the capabilities and skills overall that we call human capital, and economists have proposed that if we invest in human capital of children, then children could reap returns on this investment in their adulthood. So not only do we do this when kids get to school or even higher education to get their occupations, but parents should be concerned about this earlier and earlier, potentially even in the womb. Right, make the womb the first classroom by worrying a lot about what we do when we're even pregnant as moms.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about this parental shift in reasoning and thought. There's a quote you have in the article. I want to get to it. It says, a century ago, children labored for families. Today parents labor for their children, not just financially, We toil at parenting. So what driving this shift?
Speaker 13: That's an excellent question, a million dollar question, if I may, And it took me ten years to write this book and research this phenomenon over the course of decades, but to be very brief, we you know, at the turn of the twentieth century saw transformation when children were useful in the home, they were working, contributing to the family economically and even in the factories on the farm. Of course, a childhood chores in the home, and then they became emotionally priceless, mostly seen as vulnerable, and we would start investing into their education. And this new period is when we as parents think of children as investment projects. We in a way bring the logic from the workplace into the home. We think about all of the things that we need to do toil at parenting, as I say in the book, overinvested, and try to think about what is needed from us so that children could be set up as well as possible for success.
Speaker 4: And it seems like moms are taking a lot of the brunt of this to you, what are the consequences to what you call actually child rearing on steroids? Right?
Speaker 13: Trying to be a little bit provocative here to note that this is not just run of the mill child rearing. This is not natural, does not have to be the case. We've seen differences across time and in different countries. And so because it's exhausting us so much, it's time to ask the question, what do we really owe our children? Is it this exhausting, draining financially and emotionally parenting or is it time to think of about how much this impacts us as parents to the point of parental burnout that US Surgeon General noted in an advisory in twenty twenty four, calling it a public health crisis, but also the consequences for our children. Are they doing all right with all that over involved parenting?
Speaker 4: Well, Nina, you're a mother yourself. How do you find that right balance? What's the answer?
Speaker 2: Very?
Speaker 13: Very hard. I will be the first one to admit that it's so hard to change. It feels impossible to do differently. And I live in the same reality as everyone else. But it is social pressures and social norms and the structures that we have in our society that are not very supportive of families that influence how we are in this modern parenting reality, very troubled parenting reality. So I say to myself from time to time, Nina, your child is not an investment project. Parenting is not supposed to be grueling labor. It's not supposed to be so stressful. What can we do differently today? How can I seek other moms to think about this together? Because only as a society we can make true change.
Speaker 4: Oh, Nita, you make it sound so easy. Thank you so much, really appreciate the time. The name of the book again is over Invested the emotional Economy of modern parenting. Stay with us for more on Bloomberg this weekend. Right after this.
Speaker 7: Both time for this weekend's pointed news quiz. I'm excited as always to see how I fare.
Speaker 3: I know you're excited as well. Let's go to Lisa my Table's the categories.
Speaker 2: What torture do you have for today?
Speaker 4: Okay, So for those of you playing at home, maybe you're not familiar with the game. Okay, so we have three different categories. They each have ten chips and groups of three, so thirty ships total in front of them. They will base their bets on each category. So if they feel comfortable about the first one, you can maybe put ten, maybe you want to put twenty, depending on which you have your whiteboards and you write your answers. There are you ready for your Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the past, I've not put ten on each and it's.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna split.
Speaker 7: A strategy. I've watched her success week after week.
Speaker 4: I think he's onto. I think he's onto Christina.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: The first one is Ted Turner, second is pharmaceuticals, and the third is finance. Great categories, all good categories. You ready for Ted Turner. For those of you playing at home, why not? There's no multiple choice for you if you're playing right now. Ted Turner's idea to broadcast the local station to a broader range of cable systems started a new TV concept called what what is this TV concept?
Speaker 7: New TV? Okay, all right, think about it.
Speaker 2: What it's called?
Speaker 11: This group?
Speaker 4: Okay reads superstation TVs, superstation super as well.
Speaker 3: I always wondered what that meant when I was a kid watching TV.
Speaker 13: That's what that means.
Speaker 4: Superstations, super station.
Speaker 2: Alright, you're going to ask the ex wife, was I was ready for that one?
Speaker 4: That's definitely not on.
Speaker 7: Very nice yeah, remarks upon the passing, you.
Speaker 2: Called him her favorite ex husband puts it on this aspire.
Speaker 7: There you go, such a memory.
Speaker 4: Pharmaceutic All right, there we go. Okay, Eli, Lilly's mon duro. Okay, it's surpast which mark cancer therapy as the world highest grossing prescription medication. What is the name of that cancer therapy medication? Prescription medication from.
Speaker 7: Merk pills kids. There, it's like a spelling Bee.
Speaker 2: This is not going well.
Speaker 4: But interesting though, right Monduro surpassed marks cancer therapy.
Speaker 2: It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: I know it's an interesting topic. What is the name of that cancer therapy description? Do you have no idea?
Speaker 7: You advertising?
Speaker 4: If if you're playing it online, they do give you multiple choices, you'll have a better chance.
Speaker 2: Going to.
Speaker 7: Finance is going to be the secret to our shared success.
Speaker 4: Oh you got this one? I know you don't have this one.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that you're going.
Speaker 4: To go all in. Okay, which billionaire ceo rallied against New York City Mayor Mondami for signaling him out in a plan to tax Second, you just talked we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talked about two of them though, So which one was it?
Speaker 2: I can't My brain is fried and I don't care a smile. All right, that's all I got. That's all I got.
Speaker 7: What'd you right, Ken Griff? I told you sweet as.
Speaker 4: The mayor called him out two hundred and thirty eight million dollars Central Park.
Speaker 3: So yes, Donna filed this video in which she showed that behind him and Ken Griffin didn't appreciate that. I should Saykim Griffin, I believe it doesn't live in that apartment very much.
Speaker 2: So he does.
Speaker 7: A plus million dollars. We're just gonna take these che No, you got a bonus. No, she lost, she's.
Speaker 4: Taking yet nothing, she's lost anything.
Speaker 3: Happening it for fun, doing it for fun, and I'm feeling great.
Speaker 7: He's feeling really good.
Speaker 4: Right now, we're going to talk about this elon Musk is a bonus. The question is SpaceX is proposing to spend at least fifty five billion dollar on a semiconductor facility alongside Tesla. It's the first step on what Musk project? What is the name of this project he's working on to make these trips? You remember I got the name of it HYPERI No, no, no, Terrafab, Tifab yes, Tarafab is it. He wants to make the chips for all his different enterprises, different business Listen, we didn't.
Speaker 3: Get that, boss, but I'm happy that I won the game.
Speaker 7: You have won.
Speaker 4: We have to mark this down.
Speaker 7: This is very thank you. Well, we don't have to make that big a deal about it. It's not like.
Speaker 13: I mean, but look at your face.
Speaker 2: Wait, a long weekend and lots of news are Tansburg very hard. It's a nice way to end the weekend. We'll give you this one, but I'm coming for.
Speaker 6: You next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us on today's Bloomberg This Weekend podcast. Don't forget to tune in live for the show every Saturday and Sunday morning, starting at seven am Eastern.
Speaker 3: We're on Bloomberg Television Radio and the Bloomberg Business App, bringing you unique takes and in depth interviews on news, politics, lifestyle, and culture.