Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with mister John Tucker, John, what.
Speaker 3: Do you got for us? I let's start with the country's largest meat packer, Tyson, once again soaring beast prices, denting sales, annual adjusted operating income of two point one billion to two point three billion for twenty twenty six. So that's they've lowered the range there. This weaker outlook suggests Tyson's efforts to reduce production capacity if you have to really have any significant impact, Tyson has ceased operations at the Nebraska beef plant. They cut output at a Texas facility. This was supposed to cool competition for cattle and improve their margins. Well, it hasn't shown up yet. The lower guidance also comes despite some recent glimmers of hope, including a plan resumption of cattle imports from Mexico. Also signs that ranchers are beginning to rebuild their herds, But again these developments they aren't likely to benefit packers for some time. Tyson is now expended to post an adjusted operating loss of five hundred million to six hundred and fifty million dollars for the year, deeper than some of the prior expectations. One Brice spot though.
Speaker 1: The Chickens Chicken, So Big Chicken.
Speaker 3: Astra Zeneca, of course in the news this morning exploring an acquisition of Bristol Meyers Squib of Princeton, New Jersey. According to our sources, potential mega deal could rank as the largest ever in Farman and you got to wonder, like, what are they going to say in the UK and what are the regulators going to say here? The companies have held early stage discussions about binding those, of course, are two cancer powerhouses. It would form the world's biggest drug maker with about one hundred and seven billion dollars in annual revenue. Bristol Meyers Squib could provide Astro with a bigger foothold in the US market. They're preparing for the loss of patent protection for some of their biggest products, including their blood thinner Eloquist. Last week, Bristol reported a quarterly sales of thirteen billion dollars, its highest ever you'll recall back in twenty twelve, Astra Zeneca fended off Peiser takeover attempt there and the UK government had to get involved over fears they'd lose one of their companies in the UKA.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't imagine these or at least I can't imagine these two companies getting regulatory row approval. But we're have an administration that is really open to some of these mega deals. So maybe the time is now. That's what we've been hearing from M and A bankers that if you want a mega now is the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know who would take this, the bankers behind this deal. I mean, you got to imagine like they're pressing for this because totally fee sure after the close of regular trading tomorrow Isabelle SpaceX.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited. I wonder if Elon mus will be there.
Speaker 3: He has better be here.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason people bought this doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think the financials are gonna tomorrow are going to matter as much as the commentary from from Elon during the call. Anyway, they'll be listening for progress with the Starship Mega Rocket, the availability of semiconductors, regulation and shortages, of AI Resources. As you know, a lot of institutional investors, they've they were sour on this to begin with because, in part because of the unprecedented control that Elon Musk has over SpaceX, they consider it a little too risky to hold must sits on over eighty percent of the voting rights companies chief executive, chief technical officer, and the chairman. It's a setup that one pension fund has called catastrophic. And then of course there's this just a few days after earnings, the lockup ends, so regardless of how good or bad the results are, at nine eleven million shares are subject to the lockup will be released.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.