Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romaine Bostic, and Scarlet Fool.
Speaker 1: S and P five hundred decidedly in record territories sixty.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty three.
Speaker 1: En change is we wait for these numbers to settle up about thirty nine points or six tens of one percent, the NASAK composite adding more than two hundred points or a percent on the day, a three hundred point gain for the Nasdaq one hundred percent on the day, both at record highs. It looks like the Dow Jones Industrial Average is going to close basically unchange on the day, and the Russell two thousand participating in the action as well, again of about twenty six points here on the day, one percent and just about four point shy of its most recent record high.
Speaker 4: And digging a bit deeper into where a lot of these stocks landed here, particularly in the S and P five hundred, We've got about two hundred and sixty three that settled up in the green two hundred and thirty seven down here only three unchanged.
Speaker 5: All right, it's circle time. Let's take a look at the sectors right now.
Speaker 3: More this Osboro or what is it?
Speaker 5: Or if it's a snake that eats itself not well, maybe it is what you're seeing today, at least when it comes to the tech sector. But that's what's outperforming Tech up one and a half.
Speaker 3: And what is that?
Speaker 5: Something I think that has to do with meat and like maybe eating the marrow out of a bone. But industrials also had a great day. Romaine ther second best performing sector on the day.
Speaker 3: Would didn't do too hot.
Speaker 5: Financials that was your biggest loss leader, at least from a points basis. We know the big bank earnings kickoff pretty soon, Consumer stables, energy, and real estate. Also following over, we.
Speaker 3: Just heard from Betsy graycech Over at Mortus Stanley. She's actually pretty bullish about this earning season for yeah, big time.
Speaker 5: She told us to buckle up.
Speaker 3: She did unbuckled. What's next.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at some of the gainers that we saw in the SAP, five hundred of them. To look at ast Space Mobile. This is a company that really spends a lot of its time in space. It actually has a strong competition here with SpaceX their starlink there, so we did see shares climbing earlier for double digit games, but closing about eight percent higher at the closing bill. This is after the company signed an agreement with Verizon here to provide direct to cellular connectivity when needed for customers starting next year. So we had William Blair saying that this is really a competitive deal here for Verizon specifically over SpaceX's starlink here, so one to definitely follow. But of course, as we've been talking so much about AI, we cannot stop talking about that story here. Shares of AMD also in focus, up eleven percent today. I mean, this has been a company that we've been talking about quite some time as you think about it, with the likes of Nvidia and a few of its other peers. But the news today, of course Nvidia agreeing to invest as much as one hundred billion dollars in open AI to fund a data center build out. So of course that's really a broader scope here. But this open IAI is striking a deal with in video Arrival AMD to deploy tens of billions of dollars worth of chips here. Open AI is poised to become one of AMD's largest shareholders. Really seeing a buoy to the sock here. And lastly, let's look at the beauty space. I'm looking at shares of Elf Beauty right now. Shares ended about three percent higher at the closing bell. It actually got a price target lift. At Morgan Stanley, the analyst over there is really pointing toward a very strong launch for its Road brand at Sephora. I don't know if you guys are familiar. That's Hailey Bieber. Her makeup brand is called Road. Apparently they had a very strong launch at the Sophora's store is here, So you are seeing the lyft as Morgan Stanley is pushing the price target up to a street high.
Speaker 5: We're actually well versed in makeup books.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, we are, we are. We are.
Speaker 5: All right, decliners. What's up?
Speaker 6: Well, it's green and is green Katie. But there are a few stocks that fell today. One of them is fair Isaac. You and I probably know that more commonly as Fyco, and is falling not because of news specific to Fico itself, but because of news from its competitor Equifax, saying that it will offer its Vantage score four point zero service to mortgage credit scores at four dollars fifty cents through the end of twenty twenty seven. Remember last week, FICO said it will sell credit scores directly to mortgage resellers and Equifax saying that its move is a direct response to what FICO is doing there. So it's a little bit of a tussle between credit score provider. Is a very interesting space there, but certainly FICO taking the brunch of that pain from that news today. Another decliner I want to pay attention to today is, of course Warner Brothers those shares down after we did get news people familiar with saying that Paramount Skydance has discussed its interest in according to Warner Brothers Discovery with Legendary Entertainment and Apollo Global Management. Now the talk seem to be related specifically to Legendary's investment in some key film franchise. It's ever heard of Dune or Godzilla. So these are some of the asses that are potentially being discussed here. And the bottom line is this looks like this is going to be another delay to this potential acquisition. They were hoping to get this done before the Warner Brothers split in early twenty twenty six. But another road black And.
Speaker 3: Have you actually seen Dune? Christine saw the Oh really you liked it? I mean it's interesting. Yeah, it's not in my cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Necessarily, So would it watch it again?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, no, I wouldn't watch it again. I may have fallen asleep in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: I actually did fall asleep in theaters during Dune too, but that's because we went to a midnight showing and you know, that's a young man's game.
Speaker 3: But great movie.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about that bond market though, yeah, how about that bond market?
Speaker 3: Well, not a whole lot. I mean, I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Heard Katie Gryfield, but there was a tale on the most recent ten years here. Actually, in all serious is though, you'dn't really seen a whole lot of activity. A little bit of activity on the longer end of the curve, but that was mostly selling and pushing yields higher by about two basis points, a very very modest bid on the long end of the curve, with that thirty year yield just down less than a basis point.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.