Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready, it's about to hit the fan. Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays Wrestling with Freddy. Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to unsanctioned Thursdays with Uncle Freddy and Jeff Jackpot died gold Serge. Everybody's going to talk, all right? That was the death metal version. Sorry, but we're gonna die well, it's death metal. It was an upbeat song. Nervous, it's just the content. Welcome, Welcome to the show, everybody, the show that y'all helped create. That y'all keep on the air because you guys keep telling your friends. You give us those refews, you give us those downloads, So thank you. The show is still going. It's all because of you. Let's get right to it. First of all, Haul Cogan, who I was ever a fan. I've always rooted for the bad guys. But he turned seventy, bro and it's nice to see wrestlers make it into the seventies and eighties. Doesn't always happen. And the Haulkster, the man with the largest pythons in the world. What you're gonna do, Jeff, when it's your seventieth birthday? Brother.
Speaker 2: I have knowed if I'll make it, but here, if I do, I hope that I you're well, that I get to live my life like hul Cogan.
Speaker 1: How how old was Richard Belzer? He lived forever? He was a comedian. You're gonna see at least I didn't even know Richard Belzer passed? Didn't he pass away? I feel like if he didn't, shit, I'm sorry Richard. He's probably friends of my dad, doesn't He didn't want to hear about his untimely demise. My bad, my bad. Yeah, I know. He bought a house in France with that money he sued Hault Cogan for when Hogan choked him out. Do you remember that? Oh yeah, that was Yeah, he died. He died this year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hold Cogan put him in a in a sleeper in an ability and eye him down to the ground. He just let him fall into the back of Bellzer's head hits the stew floor, bro terrible.
Speaker 1: Dropped like a bag of wet mice. Dude, just ye, it was back bop like it was not good.
Speaker 2: Also shocking that old Cogan never got any you know what I'm saying, Like you know that.
Speaker 1: The Golden boy was never gonna take any heat.
Speaker 2: Dutch Schultz, Schulz Schultz slaps the news reporter. He gets shipped off to Japan for a few years and then never works in wrestling again. Whole Cogan, though, does it right on American television and no one says anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and original bells about a about a house in France with the with the money. I heard him talk about it in an interview. Rest in peace bells a peace bells are and Happy Birthday The Hulk Cogan, the Hulkster, the Hulk of Maniacs. You're still responsible for one of the goofiest storylines of all time, which was when Kevin Sullivan took all the Hulk Ofmaniacs And do you remember the cut seed where like all the smoke is around and he's like walking through the jungle and he's like, what's this. There's no whole Comediacs here. I can't feel any of the love, brother, And it was like the negative energy was taking his power. It was so never I don't know that it's so good. It's well's so bad, it's good, but yeah, he was taking power. Yeah, please do. And then the famous.
Speaker 2: Sullivan got a cameo on Suburban Commando too. It must have been around that.
Speaker 1: Time, probably exactly around that time. And then he was also involved in the Jeff Jarrett lay down match, which was horseshit. So for those you must be called out for. But for all the good stuff, you protected America from the evil Iron Chic. Even though I was cheering for Shiki. You saved us from Iran. So we appreciate you for that. You beat the Bolsheviks, both of them separately. I'm sure a hundred times appreciate that as well. Salute. Let's talk about a dub Collision. Saturday Night's greatest show, better than Saturday Night Live. And it opened up This was the my favorite opening so far. I don't always love it, but I like that they try to do something different with the show where they've got characters talking live to the camera saying, like tonight, I'm going up against Jeff dyeing a steel cage because that's the only thing that's going to keep this ring from spilling out into the crowd. Collision tonight. And then it cuts to Jeff and he says some six shit and then you guys old school, yeah, and it just feels cool now. It doesn't always work because the energy of the talent has to match what the top of a show needs to be, and it doesn't always. But this night they started with The Acclaimed and my Man rapped and it was a perfect beginning to the show. I love the way it opened, and they cut to other people too, which was cool, but I don't even know if they needed to. I feel like it should just be the Acclaim doing spoken word wrap every single Saturday night. I just think that would be awesome. But the show opens up with Shavanni in the middle of the ring shout out to Tony. Shavanni's still doing it, looking the same. He hasn't aged, whereas the rest of us are just say no, yes slowly. He's looking good. He's well preserved, as are you, my friend, he says, well, it's time to bring him out, and they bring out the hottest heel in wrestling, Ricky. He calls himself absolute Starks, but I'm calling him Ricky. God damn Starks. Baby. He walked out and had like a purse backpack, like man purse double backpack vest On. That was heat. Just that alone was heat and he was strutting with it and the son of a bitch is wearing the belt that he whipped the ass of Ricky the Dragon Steamboat with, which is an awesome little touch to the wardrobe, I must say. And he goes in the ring and Shivani's like, look, I know you're upset. You put your hands on an official and that's a wrap for you. You got suspended for thirty days. And he takes the mic and he spins the whole thing and basically says, there's consequences to your actions. Chevanni's like, well, yeah, you're experiencing that now. He goes, no, no, no, no, no consequences to Ricky Dragon Steamboat's dumb ass for interfering in my match. It costed me a win. That's why he got his ass whip. And all these old school parents know what I'm talking about. It hurt me more than it hurt you. He puts it all on Ricky, which is such a douchebag move, but it's funny. I will say this. This was the first week that he got some booze. It took whoop on a seventy year old man's ass. Ricky and Hogan, both seventy years old. Shout out to Ricky too. My grandma that that was her favorite wrestler. She had a crush on Ricky the Dragon Steamer. She go, al, Freddy, he's so handsome, Freddy, he's so handsome. She loved it.
Speaker 2: What about him as a steamboat that's the tricky that's it's like probably like them, he's got the motor of a steamboat.
Speaker 1: You know, it just keeps on trucking. I'm geting we call.
Speaker 2: A lady a firecracker or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, tomkats real steamboat out there, firecracker. I haven't as you never called a girl a firecracker before.
Speaker 2: That's really Oh yeah, because I like old things, gonna say she's a real fire cracker.
Speaker 1: Look at that Dame over there. Yeah, can you say dame anymore?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: Can you say dame?
Speaker 2: I think dame is an official titles. Yeah, it's broad they get mad about Oh look at the dams on that broad.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because you over pronounced the b R and broad so it sounds way more aggressive. Yeah, you can't do that, bro You gotta say it's just like look at these broads And then they they're like what, Well he said it kind of softly. But if you're like, look at these broads over here.
Speaker 2: I said, those broads are hot.
Speaker 1: He called his hot. But that's why you're going to catch the fire, dude. You GISs it like that. You gotta smooth out your bees and rs Man, Well heel Ricky did a great job again. I think he's the top heel on all of AW right now, he's now granted, he's gotten to be with CM Punk and he's getting a storylines and he's opening the show nearly every damn week. But I feel like he's earned it at this point. Every time they've given him a little, he's made a lot. And if you can turn what's what was the saying that Taz said, turning chicken shit into chicken salad. If you can do that, then you have a skill, and he did so. Now they're serving him up with better ingredients and look at the dishes that he's serving up man every week, he's doing something real, real good. Some have been better than others. But he hasn't had a bad episode of AW collision yet. I don't anticipate seeing one anytime soon. I love that he said, screw you think I'm gone for thirty days. I got my manager's license, bitch, like a realtor's license. That was great. I loved every second of it. Dude, you still loving Ricky?
Speaker 2: Right? I love Ricky. I wouldn't say he's the best healing ae W, but he is who is who is definitely MJF.
Speaker 1: MJ's a babyface right now, he's his baby. Oh my god, dude. They they literally double closed lined a waiter in a Chinese restaurant. Man, there's no more babyface moved than that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I got Randy Moss in trouble for you know, he's just for criticizing catering. I think I think that that makes you a bad guy when you beat up.
Speaker 1: The take take m JF off the table. Then Ricky, Yeah, Ricky stocks he's a superstarter.
Speaker 2: He's so so stinking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I like that you said earlier, and I guess you said it on the last episode on la'st what you said that he earned his booze because that's how much people love him. Is that like like finally he's getting like all right, oh, I see what he's doing.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, they gotta they want to help get the character over. The smart fans are like, Oh, I'm supposed to do I cheer, They're gonna go his baby face. Oh so bo I love that. I love that. Yeah boo when you're supposed to fans boo when you're supposed to Yeah, figure it out. The other thing I wanted to talk about, and we can talk the main event too if you want, but Powerhouse Hobbes, who was also interviewed by the only man credible enough to handle a dude as buff and swollen and shoulder thick as Powerhouse Hobbs, Tony Schavani once again conducting the interview, and Hobbes did his thing. It wasn't at the level of Ricky as far as like message communication, but it was very simple. It was very clear he had a message this chapter in his book of his life. Basically he's more like looking internally now, being more introspective and philosophical, and this next chapter is going to be redemption. He lost his last two big matches and there's no power in that, there's no glory in that. So he needs redemption and that's the name of his next chapter. So the only way to get that is to wrestle one man, and that's the Redeemer Mayro and the crowd pop, and I know you pop because this is two big, meaty men about to slap people. As Biggie would say, shout out Biggie, and Miro makes him wait, and then he finally comes out. Does this thing? Looking around is looking great? The beard's trimmed and tight sculpted, the sculpted beard and everything we think is going to be good and we're going to get this awesome confrontation. But then he gets attacked by Aaron Solo Solo or Solao I think, and Nick Camarado. They attack him from behind. Despite Hobbs's wishes, Miro fights him off, but eventually Hobbs catches him and he slams him with a spinebuster, and then he places the Book of Hobbs, which, so you know, no guys, looks like a bible, like an old school bible that you'd find in like a wild West church somewhere. He lays it on the chest to Miro, and now we get the promise of a powerhouse Hobbs versus Miro match, which I never really saw in my head. And once he said his name, I couldn't have been more excited. So I'm really looking forward to these guys getting in the ring and U slapping the meat Jeff.
Speaker 2: Two big boys.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I popped hard. I I don't know why Miro doesn't wrestle more. I feel like I don't know what. We didn't get to see him much as RUSI if we didn't get see much as mirrors. That's not true, but you don't see him as often as i'd like to say.
Speaker 1: I think he was hurt for a long time.
Speaker 2: This yeah, whatever it is, I started, you know, you know when I've always liked Hobbs, you know when I fell in love with Hobbs on ae W Fight Forever on Xbox I play as Hobbs pretty often. I like him, like that's made me start to like him, which that happens sometimes a video game play with a guy like Oh, I guess I think.
Speaker 1: I think I do like Penta, so big fan of this. I like what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I like the Book of Hobbes kind of feels like Jericho's list, or it feels like the Tribal Chiefs necklace.
Speaker 1: You know it's a gimmick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's new, kind of like fun thing, and I like that a lot. So I was excited about this.
Speaker 1: I love it. I like to see where it's gonna go. You guys, don't forget I'm a co owner in the Premier Streaming Network. They have their showcase September ninth in the Touch in New Jersey. You can get tickets there or just go to Premier Streaming Network subscribe watch the show there. We got Matt Cardona Versus col Cabana for the inaugural Premier Championship show. US some love over there support independent wrestling. We try to give a showcase for all these indie shows get out there so that we can get more eyeballs on independent wrestling. It's also a tremendous learning experience for me. As always, we appreciate you guys for this second show. You're the reason it happens. Thanks to everyone at Michael Toura for saying yes to it. Jeff, I'll see you next Wednesday. Oh love you guys.
Speaker 2: See you brother.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Iheart's Michael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast Us, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Mm hmm