Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervv. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it all.
Speaker 4: Let's get it Mike semper Vv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, Sports Byline dot Com, over the air affiliates like HEMAV ninety nine KMSR in the Mightier ten ninety. Maybe you're listening on podcast or a replay on Sirius XM, or maybe video streaming on Twitter or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are at sunny outside and if not, hopefully it's sunny inside your mind. It's beautiful day on my portion of Delmarva, fifty degrees. It's so sunny there is no chance in the forecast for the rock to come in. Bigfoot, the Beauty of the day. That is not possible. Rocking here, Bigfoot and everything our very own filthy Tom Lawler, our very own filthy. He wasn't even filthy, he was clean, Tom Lawler. He was scrubbed Tom Lawler, whatever antonym that you want to come up with, that's what he was doing. He was Clark Kent last night working the WWE WrestleMania forty press conference at the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is going to be filling us in on everything that took place last night, all the vulgarity, all the partying, where there amuse bouches and champagne passed around to the press. Well filthy, Tom is going to tell us as if there was or not, so he's going to be here, and of course that leads us all to Fox Tonight and SmackDown and last week the Rock showed up. This week, we know Triple H is going to show up in the role of Paul Lavaca. I guess I'm not sure which one he's going to show up as, maybe is both names, but he is going to address what took place at the press conference last night and all the hullabaloo around Cody Rhodes choosing Roman Reigns after all of this nonsense as his opponent for WrestleMania. I don't think there's anybody that can give you a definitive reason on why things have turned out the way that they have, but we will do our best to talk about it here today. We'll also talk about what Aw's got coming up this weekend on Rampage and Collision, the last matches of Kazuchka Okata and Will Osprey, has new Japan contracted talent, and a whole lot more. We'll be back Wrestling Observer Alive, lat Flat Tip.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: We welcome back to the show, Mike Semperviv and Filthy Tom Lawler here with you. You know, we do this show right here for an hour at a time every single day, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can find us on Twitter, slash X. I am at semper vv Filthy is at Filthy Tom Lawler. The website is at won F four w and the broadcasters at Sports Byline USA. I'd also love it if you'd make The Wrestling News part of your day as well everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite long form wrestling review pod like Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave and Brian. Each episode of The Wrestling News is between five and fifteen minutes long every single day of the year and is usually posted at about nine am Eastern Time. No click fate, no speculation, no rumors, just the Wrestling News. Find it wherever you find your favorite podcasts, or head on over to the Wrestlingnews dot com and at Wrestling newsav on Facebook and Twitter. WWE held at press conference last night Thursday night in Las Vegas at T Mobile Arena. He was streamed on both Peacock and WWE's YouTube channel, among other places. Our own filthy Tom Lawler was there. As I said, in his role as Clark Kent clean, Tom Lawler scrubbed, Tom Lawler filthy. What was it like being a credentialed member of the media in that den of wolves that.
Speaker 5: You were in? It was everything I had ever dreamed of. Mike being able to be mere feet away from Sean Ross, sap mirror inches and you know seats away from Denise Salcedo. I saw Nick Housman before he unceremoniously left the premises and.
Speaker 4: I on his own free will, of his own free will or was he Yeah, I believe I believe he talked about it on Twitter.
Speaker 5: There was a big hang up because a lot of the media members believed that this was a press conference, when in reality, it was more of a avenue for some angles to be shot. There were no questions to be asked. I had some of the hard hitters ready to go, and of course they avoided me at all costs. But it was about an hour and a half long of interviews, angles, pageantry, very similar to some of the events we've seen from the UFC over the past few years, where they talk about what's upcoming and they card out the fighters and they all talked trash and I I mean in retrospect, this worked. Everybody's talking about it today. It's the big news in wrestling. We still still still don't know what is going on with the WrestleMania main event. Is it gonna be some one on one matches, Is it gonna be a four way? Is it gonna be a three way? Is it gonna be a tag match and then a single This is gonna be some sort of tournament. What is going on in the main event, we don't know. But what we do know is that the Rock showed up and like you said, he bigfooted everybody. He big timed everybody, slapped Cody Roads in the face, buried Seth Rollins on the mic, stood in front of Roman Reigns repeatedly, for better or worse, this was the Rock Show in a lot of ways. What were your thoughts on how it played out? Mike and I can I can lend some more information as time goes on.
Speaker 4: The little clips I saw of it, they made sure to make it look like it was a big, rollicking affair, and it obviously was very loud from what the miking was now wasn't as loud as I thought it was going to be, because we ended up finding out later on by way of WWE they were saying they were about thirty four hundred people there. You know, if you take that number at face value, that still is not a lot of people to be put into the T Mobile arena. When you went in there, did it look like they had it originally? Were set up for more people, or did it look like they had it cordoned off where they pretty much knew what they were getting in there and they were prepared for that.
Speaker 5: The setup to me seemed to be and I looked at the seating chart afterwards to try to get a better idea of how many people, you know, they expected, But the seating looked to be about one third to half of the arena. There were a couple of sections behind the hardcam where there were no fans. But you said you thought there was gonna be a bigger pop, It was gonna be louder. It was insane inside there. The fans were going crazy back and forth before any of the superstars came out. There were dueling chants of we want Cody, we want Rock Rocky sucks, Cody sucks from different sides of the arena. So you you know, like in WWE, you usually have the crowd, we'll do a dueling chant and one side I'll say one thing and one say the other. Well, here both sides were saying multiple things, so it was chaos the entire time.
Speaker 4: More of the case that the fans that were there were saying everything just because they love being there and they love chanting stuff, and they're actually saying Cody sucks and then saying Roman sucks as well.
Speaker 5: I definitely caught a few people saying we want, we want Cody, Cody sucks. But they were into it regardless, and they were into pretty much everybody that showed up there from the onset. Michael Cole was the first one out alongside Cmpunk, who the crowd went crazy for. There was no waffling back and forth. Cm Punk was over big time with the crowd, as was Big E, as was Pat McAfee. The crowd chanted all of their names. There was even a Michael Cole chant from the Yes, there was a Michael Cole chant from the audience. Those were the hosts. They were kind of set up in the media section, I guess you could say, despite referencing it many times, Cmpunk did not punch anyone in the face, although I thought he had a good point in that he thinks Cody and Seth Rolins should have stood up for themselves more and punched back at the Rock and Roman reigns in that main event segment. But after we got a little bit of talking from the top heads, they showed a video package Triple h who will appear on SmackDown this evening came out and he gave a long rundown of WrestleMania history, some of the superstars who have helped build it. No mention of Vince McMahon, of course. Also no mention of Pete Rose, who's been a star of WrestleMania many years. No mention of Doink the clown who once showed up and faced off against himself at WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: So some of the are Any mention of Akebono, No mention.
Speaker 5: Of Akebono versus Big Show. No yeah, but uh yeah. Triple H then said are you ready? But first you let us know we ain't seen nothing yet. It's a new era and we ain't seen nothing yet, which quite frankly worries me based on what we've seen recently. Then he got us going are you ready? Well, you better be, and then nothing happened. Michael Michael Michael called Pat McAfee, went to a video package of Biaka bel Air I Believe, who, of course the crowd loved. She left. We had Ria Ripley come out a big star, and of course she was cut off by Becky Lynch, who said that if Ria Ripley can get past Naya Jacks. Becky is gonna take Mammy. She's gonna bend her over.
Speaker 4: Mammy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said she's gonna bend her over and teacher who's boss, because that's what happens when the man comes around. Crowd loved that, as did I, and then we had the main events segment. I guess you could call it with Roman reigns. He came out, he said, it's not up to Cody, It's up to me, and I'm choosing the rock for WrestleMania. Well, actually, Seth Rollins was out there first. I apologize. I've got this mixed up.
Speaker 4: He's easy to forget about it, especially the way he's been treated here by everybody recently.
Speaker 5: I will be honest. I thought he was over to a degree that I did not expect, especially live. The crowd went crazy for him. They would not stop cheering his song, and really I thought he came out looking better at the end of this than he did going into it, because he was the one getting in the rock and Romans face at the end of it, not Cody, as Cody had been slapped and Cody, actually I'd have to roll that a knockdown technically because he took a knee off those four fingers to the face from Old Dwayne. But we'll cover more of the Wrestle Media kickoff show when we come back on Wrestling Observer Lives.
Speaker 3: Both shots do it anyway, having sex and noble guys the windows. It's gonna be a the President.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Back on the show, Mike simper Viv here Filthy Tom Lawler talking about his experiences yesterday in Las Vegas, where he lives. WWE came to his city the same way the Super Bowl has come to his city. They had to actually get a pass. They had to inform Filthy Tom that they were coming to town and if it was okay to have their event there, and Filthy said, yes, you can come on in. It's a flight zone for you. It's not for everybody though. But Filthy tell us more about this main event here, because we actually got a flow chart, which I was not expecting out of the Rock, who went and described his entire family history to us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Rock let us know before there were shots fired. That he was gonna show us something really cool on the screen, is what he said. I got something really cool, That's what he said.
Speaker 4: I got something really cool to show you guys, And you guys wasn't gonna be one of his movies.
Speaker 5: He's wow. He said, you better respect it. And then they threw up a graphic of the bloodline family tree, which urgitated the graphic. I don't know, Mike, I don't know if this was knowledge to me before and I have just seemingly forgotten it. But my brain was blown when the rock said, are great grandfathers took a blood oath to be come family? Is that legally binding? Can you do that? These guys are not, so they're not technically related by blood? Well, their ancestors were blood brothers. Well, I mean, what does a blood oath consist of? I need more information.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it's usually the the slicing of a hand or something, and then that together, you know. Apparently what Jack Briscoe says that oly Anderson tried to do to him to keep Georgia Championship Wrestling together. And I don't know if I can actually say in our politically correct age, what Jack Briscoe's response to the polish Ole Anderson was but suffice to say he was not down with it.
Speaker 5: Well, the Maya, Villa and NII families were down with it because now we have the bloodline. And as you said, the Rock through that graft up. The crowd went mild at best, which I believe was the well I think in some ways it was the intended reaction. There's no way with the delivery he gave that he expected the crowd to cheer this graphic when it was thrown up there. This of course leads to Cody Rhodes coming out, because the Bloodbine is not the only royal family. As the Rock and Roman reigns have said now many times, Cody Rhodes came out.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought you're gonna say, Robert Fuller, Now you got a I apologize, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 5: So Cody, Cody comes out. He says that their ancestors would have been ashamed if they could see them. Right now, the Rocks slaps them. I've got the timeline all mixed up because prior to this, Cody came out and what he said was I've got a choice to make and for WrestleMania. I choose Roman Rain, so we now had Roman Rains choose the Rock, Cody choose Roman Reins. We don't know what's going on, Cody. Do they know what's going on? Sorry, I don't know that they need to right now. Enough people are seemingly invested in it and making up excuses for the lack of a coherent storyline right now, So hey, I mean, it's not it. It's getting buzz, which is what it was intended to do. So Cody says that he wants Roman Reins. He says that their answers would be ashamed, and then the Rock. If you look at the picture of the Rock connecting with this slap on Cody's face, the Rock's hand is about the same size as poor Cody's head, seemingly four fingers to the side of the jaw. Cody takes a knee triple h and the staff get in his way. Seth Rollins, who's injured? May I mind you? Has to stand up for not only Cody Rhodes but also himself, as he had been eviscerated, buried by the Rock and Roman Reigns have been called the B team multiple times. The loser squad by the Bloodline members. And now after the live action we were left with no answers, seemingly and Michael Cole Seampunk Biggie Pat McAfee. They wrapped it up at the desk and then we went backstage for one more question for Triple H and you know, before he could really give much of an answer, the Rock and Roman Rains come into frame along with Paul Hayman. The Rock is so large that at many times you can't see where Roman Reigns is. I don't know if this is by design, I don't know if this is happenstance, but the Rock certainly in the foreground. He's he black adamed Roman right out of the picture and he says, if Cody talks that ish about our family again, I'll slap the freaking taste out of his mouth, something to that effect. It was bleeped out, apparently. If you check my ex my Twitter at Filthy Tom Lawler, you can find some of the only unedited footage of this promo, as a real broadcast journalist would provide. And that was essentially the end of the Kickoff show. Mike.
Speaker 4: Was there a mad rush to get out of there, or did it look like a lot of people spent the twenty five hundred dollars or whatever it was to get their fourteen carre of gold lanyard or whatever it is and have a drink in a conversation with Triple H.
Speaker 5: There was a mad rush by me to get out of there. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, did you there was a line?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you there was a huge line wrapped around the building when I showed up at about three o'clock of people waiting to get in.
Speaker 4: How far away from there is the sphere? Because was there a dude who walked up in the sphere yesterday?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: How do you do that? I'm scared of heights, so I can't imagine going like a foot up without throwing up off the thing, like this dude walked up the sphere?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe it may have been on Wednesday a guy scaled the sphere in protest, I believe, for women's pregnancy rights. I saw today that he caused over one hundred thousand dollars worth of damage. And while I have wholeheartedly for what he is, don't do something stupid like this people. I hope this bonehead has to pay for it out of his own pocket.
Speaker 4: I would assume so. I would assume so. But does that have anything to do with tonight's SmackDown. No, but it's a way to transition into it because it's.
Speaker 5: About two miles away. As my guest, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: But the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina is very far away from Las Vegas. But that is where SmackDown is going to be tonight. As I mentioned a little bit earlier, this afternoon, we got the announcement that Paul Triple h Leveck would be there to address all of fallout from yesterday's press conference in Vegas. Also, they added Bailey to the show to discuss being kicked out of Damage Control and choosing Eo Sky as her opponent for WrestleMania. Also announced Women's Elimination Chamber qualifying match Bianca bel Air against Meechen Mia Yim. We already have Becky Lynch in that match. Liv Morgan will face Zoe Stark on Raw on Monday to find out who's going to be the next person after Tonight's match, leading into the the perth Elimination Chamber Number one Contenders match for the WWE Tag team titles Pete Dunn and Tyler Bate against diy GM. Nick Aldis will be announcing the new opponent for United States Champion Logan Paul. Last week, the show did two point four six nine million viewers, the fifth week in a row that it's done over two point three eight million viewers. The rating of the key eighteen to forty nine year old demographic point seventy four, nine hundred and seventy thousand viewers. As Tom mentioned, this is getting a lot of buzz regardless of what you think about it. If you're judging a success by the amount of mainstream attention that you get and the television ratings that you get, there is no doubt that this rustle Mania and the bill to it is going to be considered incredibly successful. It's just in its moment right now when you have a Cody Rhodes that has told Roman Reigns that he had to have his belt to finish the story because that was the one that was in my father's hands that they ripped out of it at Madison Square Garden. And then he tells the man who is just completely emasculated his opponent what we thought was going to be his opponent and calling him second best and go and be Cody the best of the rest. Cody said, yes, I do want your belt, but I think that's a great idea. I do want to be the best of the rest. And I'll get back to you later because the Rocks got something to say about it. Then he comes out and says, no, I decided it is going to be you, and then the Rocks pissed off, and the Rock and Roman are together, and I guess the new speculation, Tom, We're going to get a tag team match on Night one of WrestleMania, and then we're going to get I guess two championship matches for both Seth Rollins and for Roman Reigns against Cody Rhodes on Sundays WrestleMania. I guess we'll see what Tom thinks about that. I already know what the chat thinks about that. Maybe we'll let you know what they think. We'll get back from break Wrestling Observer Alive.
Speaker 3: Because the windows it's gonna be there.
Speaker 5: I'm again that's.
Speaker 4: What I You.
Speaker 2: Are listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: So except for Babe Filthy, Tom Lawler here wrestumes are alive. But I was coming in hot there wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Ghost damn right?
Speaker 4: Oh man? Not only dead, I think are the rugged man in that one? And uh who else? Cool g rap actually and that one is well too, so a lot of New York there going on there anyway, that none of that matters right now, filthy, and I don't want to stay on this topic for a whole lot longer here, but the speculation right now the Rock and Roman reigns against Cody and Seth for Night one. That opens up the door for Night two to be bookended by title matches, the first one being seth Rawlins defending his title against anybody that would decide to enter the elimination chamber and then go ahead and win it coming up here in Australia, and then closing the show, Cody Rhodes against Roman reigns. Well, there'll be some surely issues with the Rock in all of this. That leads to more Roman reigns in the Rock and Beef over the head of the table.
Speaker 5: Does that?
Speaker 4: Am I crazy for thinking that's a direction they're going?
Speaker 5: It could be. I mean, we could also, seemingly, I guess we could get a three way. I don't think that the Rock and Roman Reigns little story here is over. It seems like they were too chummy, too quick, if you ask me. And even if it just so happens that the Rock was standing in front of Roman repeatedly, I think that they'll make something of that. So I expect a rift between those two and a big one coming up. But you know, maybe we will see the tag team match. Maybe we'll see something like a Lucha de Apuestas match where there's a bet of some sort on the line. Maybe we get a rivalry tag team match where the winners get to main event the second night of WrestleMania. Maybe maybe Aliens descend from the heavens, and you know, we get Vocane versus Tamera in the main event. Just to PE's me, I don't think that last one is gonna happen. But there's so many scenarios that they've presented in this main event scene now, and like I said, I think that coming out of this, one of the people that really is gonna make out the best is Seth because what was his role before? Right if he was just facing Cody, he's certainly in the second tier of angles of storylines going into WrestleMania, and now he's seemingly inserted into this situation with the Rock with Roman Reigns with Cody, and I'm telling you, the crowd was hot for this guy.
Speaker 4: I guess. You could be argued that it makes his situation harder or it makes him hotter, I guess. But then the end of the way he's been torn down, you know, you needed to give the guy something to stabilize him again. And you know the way he's been ripped by everybody who's being second tier and constantly making mistakes and everything else. And I don't know, I don't know how long he is for that title. Anyway, when you got Drew McIntyre and Damian Priest and Sam He's a now lurking around as well, it's going to be going to be kind of interesting there. WWE starting a new show that they announced last night, WWE Speed. It was announced by Michael Cole during the press conference Speed on X on X report that we're going all.
Speaker 5: The way here, all the amphetamines in your system, straight the ring.
Speaker 4: Pure, just weed, whites and wine style. It's just pure seventies trucker going on here. The Hollywood Reporter did not give a dollar figure, but says the agreement is for two years and fifty two episodes a year. WWE had filed for this trademark on December eighteenth, twenty twenty three. It also has already taped matches for the show. Taped him on December fifteenth, Axiom against Cedric Alexander and Bronson Reid against Nathan Frasier. Not sure if that is actually going to end up on the show or not, but they did at least tape it for speed purposes. Basically, code goes down like this, You're gonna have five minute time limit matches where the winner of the match receives a point, the loser is docked a point, and if the dout goes to a time limit draw, no points are awarded. A five minute countdown clock will appear on the video wall during the contest. So there you go.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, Mike, on the plus side, I'm sure I'll enjoy the action, But in about ten years, I'll get another thing to talk about on the airwaves, along the lines of Brawl for All, along the lines of mixed Match Challenge.
Speaker 4: Super astros.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used to love super astros.
Speaker 4: I did too, and I actually like Jack and Metal because I would see matches like sa Rios against Samoa Joe like you would have seen them with some of the most random matches in the late nineties and early two thousands. If you went early to the shows and caught the tapings of those types of events, you get some of the most random people in the world. But you also get some random people on Rampage and that show is tonight. It was taped on Wednesday the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Here is your spoiler free lineup, because you'll never be able to guess who wins any of these matches. A six man tag the Undisputed Kingdom of Matt Tavin, Mike Bennett, and Roderick Strong against the Best Friends Chaos Trio of Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero and Trmperetta. Matt Sidel will face off against Mystico, Chris stant Lander and Willow Nightingale against Ruby Soho and Sorea. I'm filthy. I know this one is going to be pretty tough to predict, but it's the Young Bucks against Mondo Rocks and Robbie Litt. Did they make those guys up do you think those are actually like guys on the Indies and their real names or do you think they brought you guys in and just gave them those names.
Speaker 5: They may be creative characters from the video game.
Speaker 4: It's something else. But yeah, apparently too. By the way, the Young Bucks are still wearing the all white, blood soaked gear that they had on Wednesday after they beat down Darby, Allen and Sting, So that is what's taking place on rampage Tonight. Collision is live on TNT Tomorrow Night from the Dollar Loan Center in Henderson, Nevada. Adam Copeland, who has become mister Saturday Night cut a promo aw International Champion Orange Cassidy will Facetomo hero Ishi non title match World Women's Champion Tony Storm against Queen Amanada, who is still red hot except she's oh and seventeen one's everything.
Speaker 5: She's on every show I lose over.
Speaker 4: And it's like they keep like, oh man, yeah, she's been hot, and it's like she kept losing. Now it's well, she's gonna get the big one at some point. How about just letting her win? How about that?
Speaker 5: My favorite part about it is that she doesn't win but she walks down the ramp and she puts her finger up, says she's number one. It's you know what, you're like number twenty eight if we're going with the rankings. But I don't know, but she's good. I like watching her, I mean, so do I, and I would give her the win here.
Speaker 4: The thing is, you don't have the match with when is the in March, right the end of March. Whenever it is.
Speaker 5: Tony Storm and Deiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's same thing with like Orange and Roderick Strong. You have so much time before that match. You can give Amanada a win here. I don't know how again may I don't know how it would play into things, but it would give you time to not only give her a win, you can build towards another match on TV where Storm beats her. But in that time Amanata can get a couple of wins and then she's again in a lot better position. I would think creatively, you know, perspective wise than she is right now. But I don't know. Ads Arshall probably just lose and that'll be that. But also on the show Espinge and Star Junior against Claudio and John Moxley, which all seems to be leading to Brian Danielsen against Mistico at some point, as well as the entire BCC led by Danielson ending up in Arena Mexico at some point or another. Can you ever see yourself in Arena Mexico on a Friday night.
Speaker 5: I'd absolutely love to do it. There's so many of those guys that I would love to get in there and wrestle against. What I've seen of hetches Saro is amazing. But I mean, let's be real, I've been doing this stuff at a high level for twenty years and I would tie this guy in knots. I'd submit him in seconds probably, so he's not the only one. But yeah, these CML guys are Oh it's like they've randomly got thrown on the AW programming. It's completely different than everything else on there. But I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where AW as WCW. That's where it pays off because you do get moments like this that are straight out of wc Again, AW at its best, sometimes it is WCW and at its absolute worst. Sometimes you go, well that's WCW. I mean, there's a lot of the same vibes, but one of the cool buy is you get what these guys are doing, and it's been pretty awesome. I do want to shoehorn this in because I love this show tonight.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I've liked it anyway since its inception, but they got a lot of names attached to it this year. Adam was on your show, Abdallah. We're talking about JCW Jersey Championship Wrestling. First round of the Jersey j Cup is tonight on Triller Plus whatever Fight Plus is now Triller TV, Friday and Saturday. The j Cup is going to be taking place Tony Deppin against Matt Mkowski, Jonathan Gresham against Alec Price, Man Like Derese against Masha Slamovich, Joey Janella against Kerrie Morton, Nick Wayne against Marcus Mathers, the Great Sask against Speedball, Mike Bailey, Jordan Oliver against Jordan Oliver against Griffin McCoy. All I guess apparently throughout this tournament, Jordan Oliver's matches, all of them are also going to be for his JCW title, So as everything goes on on this thing, he's going to be defending his title. And then, because it is a GCW JCW show, you gotta have one scramble as a way in to try to get past the first round. Rena Yamashta, Myron Reed, Cole Raderick, Billy Starks, Jack Cartwheel, and Charles Mason are all going to be involved in that one. The only match on the show as of now that is not part of the tournament is Oh, yeah, yeah, I know you gotta be jealous about this. I just got Dominic Gereny and Kevin Koo will defend their GCW World Tag Team championship against the Astronauts to Kuya Nomura and Fu Minori abbe.
Speaker 5: Yes, protect your heads, gentlemen, there's gonna be some unprotected headbuts in your foreseeable future. I know from spending time with dom Gareni and Kevin ku that this is a match that they have wanted for I'm looking at my clock years now, and I know they face off against Abe in the past. I believe this will be the first time they've gone against no Mura, but I expect one of the hardest hitting matches that you'll see in all of twenty twenty four. Tonight just a.
Speaker 4: Cool card and again the thing will pick up tomorrow too. Again for anybody that's got their their Triller TV subscription, Fight TV subscription. It's going to be on there tom coming up. We've talked about it now for a couple of weeks. It's finally here. Tanahashi and Okada New Japan, New Beginning show in Osaka on Sunday, that as well as Danielson and Zach Saber Junior and the War Games match. You know, quickly, what do you think about what's going to take place.
Speaker 5: I expect a big time angle of some sort to go down in this War Games cage match. I don't know if somebody's gonna switch sides. I don't know if we get a new definitive leader of the United Empire. Maybe it's just pure chaos. Maybe there's chaos within the Bullet Club. We've seen a little bit of tease dissension over the past few months with the war Dogs. But it's well Osprey's last match. You know, this guy is going to go all out. I believe this match was his idea. I believe that this match is his baby, so I'd expect to be expect it to be nothing less than spectacular. Tata Hashi versus Okada, well, that's gonna be spectacular as well. And when we come back, we're gonna have a spectacular last few minutes of this show, aren't we, Mike.
Speaker 4: We are philthy. You know how to hit these time cues perfectly. We'll be back. Russium serve alive.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Back on the show, Mike simmerbbe filthy. Tom Lawler here with you in back to put a bow on this thing. Wrestling Observer Live, Nu Japan, New Beginning of osakat Tom any more thoughts here wrapping that thing up the careers of Okata in osprey when he comes to being New Japan proper regulars.
Speaker 5: No, okay, I mean, I'm sure we're going to see the back I'm sure we're going to see the back under the New Japan banner at some point, you know, I don't think regardless.
Speaker 4: Along back, I mean sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: But even if Okada goes to the WWE or whatever he does, I would assume that he has one, you know, final run back home with New Japan.
Speaker 4: At least I don't know Knackomara has it, and they left at the same age, so there's still a lot of people probably open Knackamoora comes back as well too, and it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. But Brian Danielson, Zach Saber Jr. Zach shoots on him, chokes him out.
Speaker 5: Zach's got to get the win here.
Speaker 4: I would, I would, I mean, I would hope. So I know Danielson's got a lot going on here, but I want to see zsj get the win here.
Speaker 5: I don't know that if Zach shot on him that he'd be the one walking out the victor. I watched some a little bit of Brian Danielson grappling a few weeks ago before the The ROH Show, the ROH taping that I worked, and I saw him submitting some fools in the rings a very it's a very pure tactical wrestlers. We're getting subbed by the dragon.
Speaker 4: Ye speaking of pure, where's you'd have been here?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 4: Is he gonna make his way down to read in Mexico at some point? He seems like he would be perfect for all this sort of stuff. He's gotta he's gotta get back into action here again soon.
Speaker 5: It's something of the low blow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a got's to get back into action here so you can kick the crap out of him. That's what I'd really like to see here. I'd like to see crap out of Fred Rosser too, But I don't know.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 4: Where are you gonna be next?
Speaker 5: Where am I gonna be? I'll probably you back on these airwaves next week at some point, along with yourself, Mike, and if I'm not here, Brian Alvarez will be here holding down the fort. The Big boss Man coming at you. Wrestling Observer Live, Thank you, talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network