Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro, a deep dive on one.
Speaker 2: Player in just five to ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Now, here's your host, Paul Chargian. It's Fantasy Football Weekly Micro. Addition, I am Paul Charchian. My co host is Guillotine Leagues dot com writer Tyler Cannabilee.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello. I am ready to talk some more football than I am ready to talk football every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: The offseason excitement. I know you're in a bunch of best ball leagues already.
Speaker 2: I'm in an absurd of draft.
Speaker 3: It never ends, baby, and we love it.
Speaker 1: Today we're talking Miles Sanders. Caroline is not the juiciest of landing spots for Miles Sanders, but the opportunity is there. Look at Don de Foreman was a Fantasy viable player last year after Christian McCaffrey left for Pete's sake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new coaching staff this year in Carolina, obviously. But I kind of went into this thinking I'm not really gonna like Miles Sanders when I'm doing the research whatever, But I was actually kind of pleasantly surprised by some of the stuff I found.
Speaker 3: All Right, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's dig a yeah, let's do it. Twenty twenty two finished, he was the RB thirteen in Philly, RB eighteen and average points per game. This year he's going off the board is RB seventeen, so around kind of the same place where he finished last year. And that's kind of when I was like, oh, he went from Philly to Carolina, he's being drafted the same part. That doesn't make any sense to me. But then I kind of dove in.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't have Jalen Hurts stealing double digit rushing touchdowns from him.
Speaker 2: That's fair. But I remember we broke When we broke down, Jonathan Taylor mentioned that Miles Sanders had I think the second most red zone carries. I think it was, So that was one thing I really liked about Miles Sanders in Phillies. They just ran the ball at the ten, twenty and five all that. So let's kind of break down going from Philly to Carolina. So last year Philly was second in points per game, Carolina was nineteenth, probably gonna be worse now, all things considered. Philadelphia's old line was third in run block PFF grade, Carolinas was twenty second.
Speaker 3: These are sizeable down grades.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then Philly has just a great culture and identity. You know, they're gonna run the football, you know what they are. Carolina, as a first year head coach rookie quarterback, we don't really know what it's gonna look like, which can be good, but it can also be really bad. So that's kind of the the first part of Sanders. But this is the good news. When I was really starting to dig into some stuff, they paid him a good amount of money to be the main guy there. I mean, Sanders should be the lead guy. And bad teams often have, like they have struggling quarterbacks, so they run a lot. For the top five teams in rushing attempts last season were non playoff teams, right, and they're gonna have a new quarterback, right, Yeah, we'll probably I think it'll be Bryce Young.
Speaker 1: And you're not gonna ask Bryce Young to throw the ball forty times a game. You know you're gonna you're gonna ease in your rookie quarterback by having a lot of running plays. And I think that's why you see, you know, struggling teams don't have good quarterbacks. Struggling teams run a lot they try to win and play ball control.
Speaker 3: That could be Carolina this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another thing we broke down on that Jonathan Taylor episode was the finishes of the running backs when rookie QBS come in. Now, it wasn't any top ten finishes, but you're not drafting as the top ten guy. You're drafted him in that mid seventeen, mid that mid teams range, which is where those guys were finishing. So I think it's a very I want to say safe because it's Carolina, but it seemingly seems safe. And another thing that's safe to assume is I think Miles Sanders just get a whole bunch of rushing attempts with frank Wright calling the plays. So because I dug into all the rushing attempts going back to twenty sixteen when he was the coordinator for the Eagles, these were his team ranks in just pure rushing attempts.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we were go rushing attempt ranks with frank Wright as offensive.
Speaker 2: Course, yes, or head coach or head coach.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna go to Indy as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, So this is Eagles to Indy, frank Wright rushing offensive rushing attempts got it.
Speaker 2: Twenty sixteen, they ranked tenth with Ryan Matthews, Darren sprowl Wendel Smallwood as their running back. Those are their leading rushers. Yes. Twenty seventeen, they were six with Lagerret Blunt, Jaygi twenty eighteen. They were seventeenth with Marlon Mack twenty nineteen. So we're on the Colts now. They were fifth with Marlon Mack twenty twenty. They were tenth with JT. Twenty twenty one. They were fifth with JT. I didn't include last year because he got fired. It just I just threw out last.
Speaker 1: Year, so that's fine, and he did get fired early and everything went wrong last year. Yes, So for Frank Reich, what you know if you roll that together, In five of the six years in which he was oftense coordinate or head coach, his teams have finished as a top ten running rushing attempts team. And that's probably coming here and here comes Miles Sanders.
Speaker 2: That's why I say arming up as well. It feels safe to me. I just don't think the upside is there, which it kind of depends what kind of fantasy player you are. Are you going to be like, Oh, I know what I'm gonna get from Miles Sanders. I'm cool with the anyway, from RB twenty two to maybe RB fifteen range like that, I feel like that's kind of what you're gonna get from Miles Sanders. I don't think he has that top ten, top five upside. That's something certainly not.
Speaker 1: A PPR right at least, Billing never used him as a receiver at all. I mean he was down to like half a catch a game. It was barely. You know, they're totally unused in that way, and I wonder if he can't catch better than Eagles used him. Maybe, but that would be I think, given just knowing that he's probably sitting on a twenty catch season, that I think that that keeps Miles Sanders out of the conversation as a top probably ten running back. But wouldn't surprise me if he finished tenth.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't surprise me if you finished tenth. I just don't think it's very likely that he will, just because we mentioned the receptions and just the offense seems capped. They're not going to be a top ten scoring offense. Probably. It seems like a top fifteen scoring offense. I would assume he probably will be. He's the best playmaker they have on their team right now. He's better than Feeling Chark and terras Mart.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's good, but that also probably gonna draft somebody. But we'll see. I mean, he's he's gonna get the attempts, it's all we know for sure. And if you love attempts and you love volume like I do, then he's a great pick.
Speaker 1: The kind of a player Miles Sanders is is good for Guillotine because you're just fliever. Guys will get a lot of usage. You know, he's gonna be sixty to one hundred and twenty yards every game. I had coin Flip's chance of a touchdown. I don't see Miles Sanders getting ever, the usage is never going to be so low.
Speaker 3: He's not going to give you the six.
Speaker 1: Carry for fourteen yard game that gets you chopped in a guillotine league.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, weeks one through like thirteen, he's gonna be a great pick for geting right.
Speaker 3: He says, the season wears on, you won't you'll need less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you need like twenty five points, he might not be at the end of.
Speaker 3: The year, he might not be your guy.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's talk about Sanders from a dynasty empire standpoint. What are your what are your thoughts on him now? And what Sanderson must be what twenty five, yeah, is years old? I'm gonna guess you're feverishly typing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty five years old? You're right?
Speaker 3: Twenty five?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Yep, So the good news is pretty low mileage for a guy who's been the ostensible starter now for several years, because they've used such a committee in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I mean, he did you sign? I think it was a two year deal or a three year deal. I can't remember exactly which one, but he will be there for a little bit here and by he said he's twenty five of two or three years, twenty seven, twenty eight, it's kind of be on the last legs of his career. So yeah, Obviously, if you're a rebuilding team setting, you're out. You're probably out of Miles Sanders. But if you are like a kind of that fringe or even a competing team, he's like a great kind of If you if he have Miles Sanders in your flex, I feel really good about that. If you were a kind of a contending team this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I'm a win now team, if I'm playing to win in twenty twenty three in my dynasty league, and I see Miles Sanders sitting on a roster of a rebuilding team, I'm attacking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly that.
Speaker 1: You know, that guy doesn't want to keep Miles Sanders, and he could. He could be a great flex option for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can kind of probably get him for a low price. You don't pay that high for Miles Sanders, No, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's going to cost me a second round. He's going to cost me a second rounder in this year's rookie draft.
Speaker 3: Ye, I'll pay that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not a blue chip name where like, especially if you're in a casual league, friends be like, oh, yeah, Miles Sanders for one of these new exciting works. You gotta wait till after the draft. That's when you got to get him. Is Oh, look at Charbona just landed on the Cardinals. He's going to be the only guy there. Just trade for Miles Sanders.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Who's going around Miles Sanders in drafts right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So this is where it gets pretty interesting. Najie Harris RB fourteen. Well, we just talked about the last one.
Speaker 3: I'd rather Miles Sanders.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Same, Aaron Jones RB fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is frustrating because I love Aaron Jones as a player, but we know that he's going to be in a timeshare. He's going to be a timeshare back, and that gives you too many dud performances. So I'm taking Miles Sanders.
Speaker 2: Dalvin Cook RB sixteen. Now do you have the scoop on Dalvin Cook? I'm not talking. Okay, you know something.
Speaker 1: I would I'll just say this. I'm taking Miles Sanders.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. David Montgomery RB. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Roads lead back to David Montgomery, who he seemed to talk about every week.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were talking about all the guys in this range.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for the reason if you heard the David Montgomery Fantasy Football what micro we did? Now what a week and a half ago or something a week ago? I like I like Montgomery a lot. I think there's a lot more upside than most people do. So I'm taking Montgomery here and he'll catch a little bit. Sanders probably won't.
Speaker 2: So I'll take Montgomery and then JK. Dobbins Man.
Speaker 3: I love JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins too, which bloody they're kind of in the same role right now. Miles Standers might get a little bit more carries, but I think the offense in Baltimore is a lot better, especially with Todd Munkin, who seems all accounts hem to be a pretty good play caller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be way more balanced offense in Baltimore, for sure. I'm gonna take Dobbins just based on the fact that he was shocking. He was shockingly good last year, even when you know he shouldn't have been, and it didn't turn into fans. He wasn't fantasy good. But if he broke down like all of his advanced metrics and everything in the stats, he was good. I'm taking I'm just taking down, all right.
Speaker 2: One last question, just for fun, you need a flex player. It's week fourteen of the Guillotine on the on the waiver wire. Miles Sanders and Odell beckham Junior. Who you're taking.
Speaker 1: I'm so out on Odell Beckham Man was not a bad signing.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 1: You know the Ravens off front office does so many things well, I can't believe that they they bid against themselves and gave big money to Odell Beckham for this year. And I don't I don't understand the thinking at all.
Speaker 2: I'm a little higher on Odell the player than I think some people might be. But the money they gave him, it is for one year, So if you have the space this year, you might as well do it. But was it up to seventeen million dollars?
Speaker 3: That's crazy?
Speaker 2: That is like, that's like Devontae Adams money. Maybe a little lower, but that's that's top Yeah, eight wide receiver money absurd.
Speaker 1: Nobody else is gonna pay them anything close to that. Yeah, God bless Odell Beckham's agent. You are amazing. When we come up back tomorrow, Fantasy Football Weekly, microwud Dish and our third straight running back and another guy who looks to be, at least for the moment, carrying his offense. Who are we gonna break down?
Speaker 2: We're gonna be breakdown, fellow NFC South running back Rashad White.
Speaker 1: All right, tune in too, myrow everybody, Bye bye,