Speaker 1: Ricky Piersoll got his first coal practiced in today.
Speaker 2: What have you seen from him?
Speaker 1: Was it like throwing to the rookie? Yeah, glad to have him back. I think you can kind of sees explosive. He's quick in and out of his breaks. He's a really good route runner. He's gonna he's definitely gonna help us in that sense. And I think the more reps he can get, the more time he can spend out there practicing, the better he's gonna get.
Speaker 3: This camp been like for you having been here a full year, going through you know the playbook.
Speaker 2: Wise, Yeah, you feel just a lot more comfortable ring the system. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think everyone knows Kyle's offenses is difficult at times to to kind of get down to kind of be really comfortable in, and it comes with with reps and studying and all that. And so I think having that that whole year last year to be in it and then come back again this year with the the same system has been good and definitely more comfortable, mainly in terms of verbiage. Uh, I've been able to call the plays a lot easier visual in my head, and so I definitely think last year helped.
Speaker 3: The keys for a quarterback to succeed in this system.
Speaker 1: We're really big on playing with our feet, knowing where to go on what hitch, and and the timing of routes and and and seeing the defense and knowing and throwing the holes really and and so I think if you can, you can play with your feet and be really dialed into you know, here's my first hitch, here's my second hitch, here's my checkdown. What defense do they end? What do I anticipate being open? I think you can succeed in this offense. An you kind of describe your relationship with Rockberdy and how you help him with your years in the league. Yeah, you know, I think the biggest thing Brock's awesome, you know obviously, and the way you played last year kind of shows that. And and he can make all the throws, he can make all the plays. I think what what I do bring into the QB room is is what you said, kind of just the years in the league and and just the amount of defenses I've seen, the amount of you know, just kind of reps where you know, I've seen this coverage play out a certain way, you know, just little tips here and there, where if you you know, you know the coverage, but if you see him kind of playing it this way, you know, you can anticipate he's gonna undercut this route, or you anticipate this is going to be open, that sort of thing. And so I do think just kind of the years in the league, the experience that I've that I've accrued has kind of been helpful for him, Like.
Speaker 3: Any defensive keys, like maybe some defense has started playing in a certain way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's different week to week obviously, with just you know, the style of defense you're going against week to week, the different types of players. You know, some corners may be more aggressive than others, some some linebackers might get a lot of depth on the drops, some might not as much, some bite hard on the face.
Speaker 2: So I think it really depends week to week. You mentioned getting the reps. Obviously last year this time you weren't.
Speaker 3: Getting nearly as many as you are this can how much growth have you seen in yourself just in terms of being comfortable in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I do think, yeah, I do think a lot a lot more reps this year has helped. Just being able to to physically run the plays myself as opposed to to sitting and watching and trying to take the mental rep from last year. I do think getting in and getting more reps of actually running the plays has It's helped me a lot.
Speaker 3: Competitions a part of this league, and they brought Josh dobbson and his experience was almost a polar opposite of the years. He starts with Cleveland, then he goes to Arizona, and then he goes to Minnesota starts Yeah, can you imagine three systems in a year and what have you?
Speaker 2: What's your observations that Josh, No, it's not easy to do.
Speaker 1: And obviously he did pretty well being thrown in some tough situations like he did last year. And I've kind of known Josh for a while now, but obviously first observation's really smart. He's really picked up the offense pretty quickly being here, you know, in a short amount of time that he has and and you can see he's he's he's out into what he's trying.
Speaker 2: To do on the field.
Speaker 1: He knows, he knows the Reds, He's seen a lot of defenses, so you know, he's experienced, he's smart, accurate with the football, and that's kind everything you want.
Speaker 2: To see quarterback. What gives him a chance to be successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tanner's got a you know, incredible arm and his talent. His arm talents, I put it probably close to the top. You know, he's he can spin the football. You can tell he's he's really he's really put the work in the film room, trying to learn the offense, get the verbiage down, call the plays.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a lot. It's a lot for him come from college.
Speaker 1: And in a system, you know, purely in the gun, I think in college for him, so so calling a play in the huddle was different for him. But I think he's he's done the work in the film room and you can you can see the arm talent that he has just when he when he lets go to the football, it comes off pretty well.
Speaker 3: There was a player he was following him and chased him around the outside.
Speaker 2: Was going on there.
Speaker 1: That's our conditioning. Yeah, that's we don't we don't call a lot of QB draws. So h anytime we give a handoff in in the you know we're with the running backs and we carry out a boot fake, he'll chase us down.
Speaker 2: Just so we get some conditioning and right Greasy, does that bring a little more fun?
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, you know you don't love when he's chasing you down and he's making your run to the sideline. But he does bring the energy every day in practice. And I think as quarterbacks we kind of feed off that. You know, when you can get a feeling when coaches, you know, are tired, it's been you know, it's a third day of practice in a row.
Speaker 2: But you really did never fill that with Grease. He's always got energy.
Speaker 1: He's always you know, getting us hyped up before practice to get us ready to go. And and it starts with with that, getting us a run and get going.
Speaker 3: Quickly.
Speaker 2: Here did you promise anything? But did you have at least some confidence or feeling that you.
Speaker 1: Have, you know, be able to compete for a backup drop this year?
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: So, you know, part of signing back as quickly as I did, you know, I wanted an opportunity to to have a chance at the two, knowing full well they you know, could bring someone in and having compete for it. And you know, I think me and Josh had a pretty good comp tish going so far. And I think We push each other every day on the practice field, and you know, really as a as a QB group, as a whole, you know, we're out there all to make each other better, includes broad includes Tanner. You know we're we're all pushing to to make the right play, make the right throw. And you know there's no there's no animosity towards each other at all, like we want to see everyone succeed and make everyone around us better.
Speaker 2: Thanks