Speaker 1: Guess who has the sixty ninth pick this year.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what's draft pick sixty nine this year? Jules, I do the Patriots?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really? Wow? He do? I didn't know that. Wow. I showed you.
Speaker 1: You You're right, you need to go in and announce the sixty ninth pick for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. I might have to do it now, Jules, I might have to do it.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman and I'm Rob Gronkowski, and this is the show where your favorite dudes talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: And Jules, what are we talking about today?
Speaker 1: Today we are going to do the All Dude Defense and we've got plenty of free agency talk.
Speaker 2: And then we wrap up the show by talking about the Chillis Dude of the Week presented by cors Light.
Speaker 1: You gotta stick around to the very end. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Jules, this is a big one. All Defense. Dudes on Dudes is a production of I Heart Radio. All Defense. The guys we used to face, the guys. We used to take down the guys that were all pros and made them average Joe's because that's what we used to do out there on the field to the All Pro defensive Team guys that whenever we face them out there out on that football field. But today we're not playing no more, so we're gonna name the All Dudes All Defense Team. Let's get it going, juels. But lately, what have you been up to out there out in La.
Speaker 1: My family's been in town. I hosted my sister, her husband, my parents, and then had my little girl and then my boy DRO's in town. So we've had a full house here in La doing a lot of chores, a lot of chores with my my dad's in town. We're just fucking doing chores. You know. We gotta get paint done on the house, or making little things in the si yard, so many little projects. My dad hit home depot, I kid you not, maybe seventeen times in the last six days. He just loves going to home depot. I mean, Oh, I gotta fix this little cabinet. Oh, this light's off. Oh we gotta get the paint matched. Oh we gotta get a freaking side shuffle thing. I mean, this guy goes to home depot as much as I put socks on. It's crazy. So I was hosting my family watch some of the basketball. Basketball has been kind of cool, I must say, these new trades, Luke on the Lakers, freaking.
Speaker 2: Demi Butler, Butler from the Miami Heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I think basketball is it's I don't know, it's just because maybe football is over and I'm more watching the basketball and hockey landscape. But I feel like those two sports are They're flying right now, and it's been fun to watch basketball the hockey. After the hockey, uh, the Nations Nations International series, I was sad. I was sad football ended. But I'm starting to get a little my my sport fix off of basketball because of those trades and then the Four Nations hockey and and and I mean I'm a little sad right now. Brad Murshawan got traded to the Panthers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that man. Brad Mashean did so much for the city of Boston too. He brought a championship there and just a great dude overall. I met him just a few times throughout my you know time when I was on the New England Patriots, just being up there up in the city. What a great dude, such a hockey dude. Man, And it's so wild seeing those guys because like you meet him and you're like, man, how is this guy a professional athlete? Like what is he? Like? Five eight jewels?
Speaker 1: He's a smaller guy, smaller, smaller guy.
Speaker 2: His skill set is just so phenomenal, Like how too he is a fighter. He'll go out there, he does.
Speaker 1: But like he's he's just like a fucking he was like a hard nose. Well then they call him nose face killer. He was just a hard nose, like crazy, tough little dude on that ice. Man, do you.
Speaker 2: Think that Sean Thornton had anything to do with Brad Machean going down to the you know, Florida Panthers, Because Sean Thornton was a big part of the Boston Bruins back in the day and being teammates with, you know, with Brad Machean. Do you think he's the one who brought him down to Florida?
Speaker 1: One thousand percent, one thousand percent Thorty was over there, isn't he what he's like the uh, he's like, he's heavily he's a GM.
Speaker 2: He's a GM of the Panthers though, Yeah, Thorty, I mean I knew he had an office, you know job, but I didn't know he was the actual general manager. Man. Good for him, That's that's dope.
Speaker 1: Didn't we hang out with We've hung out with Thornton a few times in Boston. I I I got to see the up with him. He had like a little party thing. Were you there?
Speaker 2: I wasn't there for I met him just a few times as well. And that's one dude I would not want to scrap with, you know, on the streets. Those hockey guys, those fighters like Rob Ray, Ty Domey, Sean Thorer and you throw them, you know, they're just a handful of those type of guys, and those are the dudes you don't want to mess with, you know, whenever you're out and about, you know, at a restaurant or on the streets or at any time, because they can. They can, you know, throw some fists, that's for sure, Jules.
Speaker 1: Definitely, they can. They're fucking tough dudes, and they're doing it on ice, which makes it ten times harder. Like, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's it's a different skill set that you got to have on the skates. It's a whole nother you know type of balance, and you know, you know, balance and stability that you got to have. You know, when you're out on the ice hockey skates, you can be the best fighter in the world on land, but the second you hit those skates, it's a whole different muscle system that you're hitting. I played hockey my whole life, Jewels. I loved hockey so much. You know, I follow the NHL, especially when it comes down to playoffs. It's kind of like the NBA and NHL. I don't really watch much right now.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 2: Too many games, too many games, I agree, way too many games. It is hard to follow it. But when it comes down to NHL playoffs, you know, NBA playoffs, man, I'm full speed into it. I'm watching every single game, especially NHL playoffs. The Four Nations series reminded me of the NHL playoffs. It was all fun fights, every second, every player playing hired as they possibly could. That was fun to see. I'm fortunate I didn't get to, you know, watch the games because I was in Australia, but I saw the highlights and I read about it, and that's the type of hockey that I love. That's the type of hockey I played when I was growing up as a kid. You know, so props, kudos, you know to what they do when they're going full speed, especially in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And Sean Thornton was is the chief revenue officer, We would be fucking really bad to not know what he does there. Uh, we love you, Sean. Shout out to Brad. He had an unbelievable Mershawn having an unbelievable career in Boston. We we all spent a lot of time in that that awesome city together and had and created a lot of cool memories, may not have been with each other, but cross secting memories. We went to a lot of those uh Stanley Cup games, you know, they came a lot to our Patriot games and you throw Celtics game in you see everyone there like it's just you know, that was an unbelievable career. Rob. What have you been doing on the East Coast?
Speaker 2: Well, all right, Jules, we'll just want to talk about Brad Marshan real quick once again. I mean, just thank you for everything that you did for the city of Boston. And the first time I met him actually was courtside at a Boston Celtics basketball game with guess who the one and only John Dooley.
Speaker 1: John Dooley is getting married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, congratulations by Dooley's just the Boston legend up there in the Boston area. If you guys don't know who he is, Eco Store, Eco Starr Storage, Hey Stories, who.
Speaker 1: Knows, guys, He's a wicked smoti smot uh and we're wicked wrong with how we pronounce the name of his company.
Speaker 2: But he had a couple front row seats. I met Dooley front row, and then there was Brad Marshawn front row with us as well with Duley, So that was really cool to meet him my first time there. And he was kind of like the first NHL player that I truly met as well, So I thought it was a really cool moment to meet him there. But I am on the East Coast. Now, coming back to that, Jewles love the East Coast. I'm an East Coast guy. Grew up in Buffalo, you know. I went to Pittsburgh my senior year in high school, but I went all the way out to Arizona. I'm a West Coast guy. Every once in a while I appreciate the West Coast, but I'm truly an East Coast guy Jewles, And that's why I live out here. I live all across the East Coast. I got places all over the place because I'm fortunate enough. You're the dude as I am, the grind, the ground hast couple of spots because he loves the East Coast. He needs a spot in every state that's you know, uh that's bordered to the ocean. But uh, you know, I've been actually yeah, but I got all my ll season Delaware. So Delaware is Robbie, see saving my ass when I get in trouble. You can't send me listening to this to my LLC, which has no money in it.
Speaker 1: Probably don't want to give off our business advice to the public.
Speaker 2: But why not. That's what we're here for, Jules.
Speaker 1: We're transparent. We're transparent. We're transparent.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's something I've been finally able to get back into because during the season, you're flying all over the play super Bowl. After the Super Bowl, I went to Australia. I was jet lagged for like a week. But I'm finally just getting into a routine again, a workout routine like to feel strong, to feel confident and dude, jewels. It's amazing. Man. I miss that, and that's what I truly miss about the game of football and being around, you know, all your teammates. Is that routine, you know, and when you're down that day and you're in the weight room, you're gonna get picked up no matter what because you have a group of guys around you. So it feels good. I just started back up on Friday. I did a full leg workout. I really couldn't move after that. But then that Saturday, I ran my first five k in five years as well. It was my first time running over a mile over you know, in the last four years. I think I ran a mile last year. I usually just do long distance sprints like one hundred to one hundred and fifty yards. I think, to me, that's long distance sprinting. But dude, let me tell you that five k hurt more than anything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It was one of, you know, probably one of the worst half hours I've had, you know, in my life. The first ten minutes were cool, but from ten minutes to forty minutes to finish a five k, man, I wanted to cry, bro Like I really did want to cry, Like it hurt that bad. Hurt, But what really hurt, Like those sprints are cool burns off all the bad all the bad calories, all the bad food in your body, all the bad drinks that you've been drinking. But that long distance run, bro, it was cleaning out my organs.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I never felt my organs work like that. I never really go for twenty minutes straight. You Usually we want to run a route, then we have forty five seconds off. Man, my organs. I felt like my liver started sweating, my small intestine started just like squeezing even more and just bursting out sweat out of my stomach. And then my freaking large intention was just squeezing it as well and just detoxing everything out there. Man, it hurt, but let me tell you, it felt so good. Man. It got me back on track. Yeah. I couldn't move on Sunday, but that's okay. I know you just got to take one of those days and just use it as a rest day as well. So I watched like five movies. I actually watched dens of Thieves one and two. Man Drab Butler, thank you for producing those movies and acting in them, Because on an off day where I super sore and could move. You had me entertained. Man, I appreciate that. Brother we had.
Speaker 1: We recently had Osha Jackson on Games with Names?
Speaker 2: Is Osha Jackson? Is that ice Cube Son?
Speaker 1: That is ice ce correct?
Speaker 2: So here we go. I'm watching the movie and obviously the movie, uh Compton, right, what's straight out of Compton? So I love that movie, and watching that movie, I knew that was ice Cube Son playing ice Cube and straight out Compton. So then I have Dens of Thieves on and I'm like, all right, like that's ice Cube Son again. So I go in the whatever where it tells every all the actors' names and all that, and I'm sitting there and I'm like, I don't see I don't see ice Cube, Like I don't see the last name of these cubel I'm like, I guess that's not him, but it it's exactly like him. And then my friend that recommended me the two the movies to watch dens if the's one and two, he's like after I finished, I was like, yo, bro, I appreciate that. That was my style bomb movies. Thank you. He goes, yeah, ice Cube Son does such a good job. And I was like, I knew that was ice Cube son. I knew it, but ice Cube, he's an ice Cube.
Speaker 1: No, it's Shaye Jackson. We should just have so you saying he should just have ice Cube Junior on there.
Speaker 2: That's what I was looking for.
Speaker 1: Your beauty, the great movies? What's the other two movies?
Speaker 2: The other I didn't watch? Those are the two movies that I watched, and then I watched the show with Oh man, it's it just came out on Netflix over the last two weeks. It's top ten right now. Man, I watched zero zero Day. How'd you know that cereal day?
Speaker 1: When I started it? Yeah, he's he got dementia.
Speaker 2: Robert de Naro, He's out, He's got something going on?
Speaker 1: Or is this is this sci fi? Is this sci fi? Or is it? I'm still I'm It takes me. It takes me on A forty five minute episode will take me three nights to watch it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It'll take me three nights because I fall asleep after ten minutes and then I got to rewatch and then I'll watch like a It takes me so much time to focus on those So like I'm I'm halfway through the second episode and I'm still wondering if this is dementia or if this is uh sci fi.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's you know, the character that he's playing and that he has possibly the first signs of dementia, or or I don't think Robert.
Speaker 1: I don't think Robert Daniir Junior is doing sci fi right now or Robert.
Speaker 2: Now you're all confused because of ice cube an ice cube. It's not Robert dan Arrow Junior. It's just Robert than there.
Speaker 1: All right, it's a fresh Monday. My folks just got out of town. I had him in town for eight days. I'm flustered right now, man, I understand, But let's transition into how about Jimmy Johnson retiring Jules.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a shocker, but it wasn't, you know, really a shocker, because you know, Jimmy Johnson's you know, been going forever. You know, he's eighty one, eighty two years old. But it just didn't feel real that he retired because he's been there for so long, and what Jimmy Johnson brought to the table, you know, will never be replaced, There's no doubt about that. And I was just fortunate enough to work with Jimmy Johnson just a few times this year because when he was on I was off, and when I was on air, he was off that weekend. And then we got to work the playoff. So that's when I really got to know Jimmy Johnson because I never truly worked with him on a continuous basis, and I finally got to do that. So it was an honor to be with him his last four five weeks of his career at you know, at the NFL pregame kickoff show. And what I loved about Jimmy Johnson is just that, you know, that mindset that he brought to the table, that smile that he brought every single morning, Yes, smile, end of the day, that smile was gone and he and he recognized that, and he told everyone that smile is not going to be the end of the day because he's a morning person. But in the morning, man, he had a smile from here to here. And it just brightened up my day whenever I saw that. But the way that guy can just tell stories his second to none. Man. I can sit there all day and listen to him tell stories for six hours straight. Bro, He's just that good at it. He's got a memory that's you know, goes to the moon and balcon Yes, he can remember every single thing that happened, all details that happened from you know, throughout his whole entire career. And the way he just tells those stories too, it keeps you at the edge of your seat and you're just there to listen to him and just enjoy them. So thank you, Jimmy Johnson for everything that you have done and just leaving an impact on my journey and life forever. Even though we didn't get to work together every single weekend.
Speaker 1: Without a doubt, Jimmy was. Jimmy's like a football god man. If you think about it, He's hit like the Big Three. He's won a national championship in college, won Super Bowls as a head coach GM, and then he also had an insane media career and the top it the top it. He probably has the best hairline in the history of TV. That guy has a like his gray hairline. I remember we were at Baker or wherever we went to. We had a Bahamas trip and it was flowing. We were doing some freaking Survivor team building thing, remember that I do. And the Jimmy's over there. He was in his full Survivor mode because he's done like three or four seasons of that Survivor and almost won it wherever. I don't know for fact, but he did a bunch of those Survivor things. And Jimmy was leading us. He had pregame talks and the wind was blowing. He had his shirt off. I think he had like a little you know, bendan on and I just saw his hair flowing in the air with the beach at the beach, and I'm like, man, that guy's got great hair.
Speaker 2: He does, but who has a better hairline, Jimmy Johnson or mal kiper Jr.
Speaker 1: I think Terry Bradshaw. No, it was such a pleasure and it was such a treat for us, for me to get to watch Jimmy Johnson work. I'd watch games with them every Sunday, you know. I'd watch the first set of games and then they go do the show and just being a fly on the wall watching see look at that hairline, being a fly on the wall watching all you know, Howie Michael, Terry, Jimmy, Kurt Jay, watching them all intermingle and and talk to each other and talk about the show and talk about it just felt like a locker room and it was really cool to get to be able to watch that and be a part of that for a couple of years. And you know, this last super Bowl, I already kind of set and told the story, but Jimmy threw me a nugget. It was my first time going and watching a practice. Went to the Chiefs practice pregame of the Super Bowl just to kind of talk with people, get stuff insight for the game, for the show that we were about to do the pregame, and we were in that production meeting and Jimmy threw out, you know, he goes, hey, Joel's remember you know, we were sitting next to each and he was talking about Juju. He gave me this little nugget. He says, you could use that, and like I was like, oh, it was perfect, And then I used it in the show. And you know, Jimmy was just always a just he's a coach. He coached me right there, and he was a great coach at it. And like you said in the morning, I was an early bird. I'd get into the I get into the show early, and we have an earlier production meeting, then the big show, and I go up and grab a coffee and Jamie Johnson at like five am, just sitting there, like you said, ear to ear, smile freaking as a coach. I think he knew the weather report. He was talking football. We'd always talked something about, you know what was going on. You know you're gonna miss those days. And I do remember Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long telling a story where when they said Jimmy was retiring, they had to remember they had a they had a farewell dinner last year.
Speaker 2: It was about four or five years ago.
Speaker 1: This happened, Yeah, and they found out he was he was coming back, so they left the goddamn dinner. So those guys, it's been an absolute treat. We love We love you, Jimmy, and we appreciate all the insight and the knowledge you've given not just to us, but the viewer, players, coaches. He's just given a lot of insight of what he's learned from this game through the years that he's been in it, and he's delivered it to everyone else. We love you, Jimmy, Yes.
Speaker 2: That's for sure, Jimmy Johnson. We appreciate everything that you have done for the game of football. You will be missed, but you will always be remembered. My man. Thank you, appreciate everything you have done.
Speaker 1: He's led heroes. I remember, Jimmy Legends never die.
Speaker 2: And he's a He's agend.
Speaker 1: Are you taking the Are you taking the big spot? Now? Are you? Are you full time? There?
Speaker 2: You know, Jules, I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing, my man. You know, I have another year left on my deal, and it's the same exact deal that I had last year being part time. Uh thirteen no nine appearances during the season, then all four playoffs and it's a great gig that I have and I'm just gonna sit back. Fox knows what they have with me, So I'm just gonna sit back, relax, and if Fox wants me to go full time, hey, I'm cool to go full time. If Fox just wants me to play out the year, I'm cool to play out the year. This year part time again, man, So whatever it is, it is very content with where I'm at right now with everything. But uh, I'm just gonna play play it off and uh how it is right now and just do the best with whatever's going on.
Speaker 1: I like that answer.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, Jules. I appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm that answer.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, you know, could just control where you can control Jewles. That's what I'm going to do. We learned that with Coach Belichick a lot. Just control the you know, variables that you know that can make you better. Uh and and that's what I'm doing here as well, you know, on the broadcast team.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that. Speaking of Coach Belichick the off season, m h.
Speaker 2: Coach, it's hitting big time. I mean, this guy has had one of the biggest off seasons I've ever seen in my life. He's he's making a splash every single weekend. I mean, coach always worked on us.
Speaker 4: Rap.
Speaker 2: Even Roepi's getting in on this action he loved. But just the way that he's presenting himself. I kind of like it a lots because he kind of.
Speaker 1: Like I saw him. He switched back though. When you I he started spring practice. You see the spring practice at North Carolina LT's there a bunch of hype and and then they were asking him questions. He went right back. He went right back to old Bill. Hey, we're gonna we're it's good to have a football out here. You know, we haven't even been able to do that. Look, we're just trying to trying to learn the game.
Speaker 5: Uh you know, well, you know, Jules, I think we should, you know, uh, help help him out a little bit, you know, we should we should make a trip down to Chapel Hill.
Speaker 1: If should we go to Chapel Hill?
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, I mean what I've done for you guys, Jules, I gave you a career, you know, crack, I drafted you. I think you guys should come to Chapel Hill and help me out and show these guys how it's done.
Speaker 1: He probably show us a mean a hell of a frat party. I bet I bet he's dialed. He's dialed with the frat party.
Speaker 2: What do you think of a weekend at U and C would look like if we went down there, Jewels, I mean, of course we would hit practice, talk to the guys, all that good stuff. But what do you see? How would it look in your eyes?
Speaker 1: You know, I've heard they have a pretty nice library. I'd like to go see. You know, I heard there's a couple historical landmark hallows there that would I heard it's a beautiful campus, especially with right now in the spring. I bet you it's beautifully popping right now with the trees coming back.
Speaker 2: Maybe uh, I would say, water some flowers to keep the campus looking beautiful. Plant some trees, Jewels, plants, plant, Yeah, keep the air.
Speaker 1: We just hit frat row ed, just fucking go crazy with kids, beer ball.
Speaker 2: That's that's just called a nice roll down Franklin Street. Jewels, Franklin Street, and you and I, I know, I know all the good spots, Dollar Spots Street, Chapel Hill, Franklin Street.
Speaker 1: Will see you soon. Oh shit, how about DK going to goddamn Steelers?
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, here's my take. Right now, there has been more action three days prior to free agency than I've ever seen before in my life. Guys are getting contract extensions, players are getting traded in, getting new contracts that are making them a top five paid player at that position. And here's my take on why there's so many transactions right now before free agency hits. It's because the free agent market is so mediocre. Right now, there's no one mediocre exactly. That's what I was trying to say, Jewels, Just like my speaking skills, mediocre, But that's okay. The free agency, there's no player that should be the highest paid player in my opinion, that's a free agent right now. Going into free agency, I think there's some good players, but I don't think there's a player that's going to change your team, you know, or be or should be the highest paid player at that position. So that's why I feel like there's so much, you know, going on, and so many transactions going on right now because of that reason, Jules.
Speaker 1: What do you think, oh man, Chris Godwin got sixty six million, forty four guarant he?
Speaker 2: Really that just happened? Did that just go down right now? From who?
Speaker 1: The Tapa Bay now?
Speaker 2: From the Tampa Bay Bucks? Though? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean that makes sense. But Chris Godwin, I would actually say.
Speaker 1: You left twenty mil on the table?
Speaker 2: Really? How do you leave twenty mil on the table?
Speaker 1: Pat's offered him twenty million more?
Speaker 2: Oh? Geez? But I mean why would why would you you know, switch up your scenario? I mean, you're with the Bucks. You know the offense, you got Baker Mayfield, Tampa just a great city overall, you got the weather, You've been familiar with it for your whole entire career.
Speaker 1: Weather's everything, and he's getting older. I think just when you're that old, when when you've been in a place for so long, and that money's probably not that much more. It's it probably was twenty million dollars on a non guaranteed. He could have earned more money. I'm sure they got it close to the guarantee. There's no way you want to go learn a new offense, learn a new system, uproot your family, Like that's a great move for him, Miles, Like with what you were saying, I agree, a lot of these signings are probably of a lot of these signings, like the Max Crosby, Miles Garrett, Josh Allen, those are some of the best players. So I bet you those teams did that before free agency because that number is probably gonna go even that much higher the longer they wait for those three guys, Max Crosby, Josh Allen, Miles Garrett, those three guys, like they those teams have to get them done. And I think they're also probably trying to create a little cap space with the bills extending them because they get to pro eate that that contract over those next five years as well. So I think he's gonna be a less of a hit even though he's getting a contract extension for these next couple of years. Josh Allen, I don't know for a fact, but that's what it kind of looks like. I don't know what were you gonna say, Rob, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: That's back to my point. You see these teams taking care of the guys that are the best in the league right now instead of waiting for free agency to pick someone up, because they're realizing, hey, we already have the best player, you know at that position in the league. Why are we gonna go get free agency and sign a guy when we can sign our guy that should be on this team for good. And that's what the Raiders did with Max Crosby, That's what the Buffalo Bills did with Josh Allen. The Cleveland Browns did that with Miles Garrett, which was a really kind of contra contradictory situation. How do you say that where contradiction situation? Situation jewels with that because Miles Garrett asked for a trade to a contender and then he signed the biggest deal in NFL history of a non QB. I kind of want to hear his explanation with that when he gets asked that, you know by the media mark, he's going to be asked that did he just say that to use that as leverage maybe, or did he really want to go to a contender, because if he wanted to go to a contender, I don't think the Cleveland Browns are in are in the position to contend for a Super Bowl Jewels.
Speaker 1: And then I think I think that he wanted to get out of there, and they just said, no, here, here's thirty million a year, shut up and stay.
Speaker 2: Now, he can just take five. He could take a not out of there whenever he wants now, whenever he has a day off, yes, hours off, he can get out of there and it won't even affect his bank account anymore. Those PJ says how much money he's making? And then Chris Godwin, I mean, back to my free agency. He was the best wide receiver in the free agency class coming up, but he never even hit free agency to really think about it, because that starts Wednesday, and the Tampa Eineers just just signed them already because they were smart. They knew they shouldn't let him go. And you know what, makes him so special is that he's so consistent as well. He's such a great teammate, you know, on the field, great teammate off the field, just a great overall guy. He works hard. He you know, he goes out to practice with a purpose to get better, to know what he has to do. He's very very reliable whenever his number is called, and he knows how to make big plays in big moments as well. It's just very unfortunate what happened to him last year with that injury. You know, with a couple's you know, minute or two left in the game when they're getting blown out. But that's just football. That happens. But it's good to see him back in Tampa. He deserves to retire as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer for everything that he has done for the uniti here and for the team. And uh, just Chris Godwin, congratulations man on that contract.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Tampa Bay for taking care of a player that even though he got hurt. M Well, that's a couple a couple of times they got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that didn't really go your way, Juels.
Speaker 1: It didn't go we were back in those I guess they didn't pay. Then how about Tommy getting Gino Smith? Uh, I think that kind of makes sense, you know, bridge quarterback, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know. And then also you got Pete Carroll as the head coach SAR. And Pete Carroll is the one who brought Geno Smith in and and kind of you know, gave him that second chance and and made his second chance a resurrection you know, on his quarterback career. And now he got traded to the Raiders. So he's teaming back up with Pete Carroll. So I think, you know, Golly can use him. Chip Kelly, he's the oh see wow, I didn't know that. So I knew he was at Ohio State won that national championship, and then he was also the head coach at UCLA because I know that because he was in my bowl game, the LA Bowl, and he won it, you know, two years ago. But Chip Kelly's all over the place. I think Chip Kelly is a guy that has enough experience that knows how to handle you know, any quarterback in any situation.
Speaker 1: So I think, I mean, this is a good trade. They don't have a fucking quarterback under roster mm hm, so you know, yeah, you have third round pick. You know what you're getting with Geno Smith. He'll be a guy that you know can can get the offense going. But also he's not an asshole. It looks like with with other quarterbacks. So if they draft someone or they get a I mean, he has fought. He has fought a player on his team ember the Jets. He fought one of the guys, but he grew up a lot after that. He's grown up and he's he's a completely different player from that. But he brings at least someone that can run an NFL operation. They have no one. They don't have anyone, so you know, I think that was a great pick up. I'm still interested to see what they do in the in the draft. Raiders are getting to become excited. I think the Rams getting Davante Adams that could be sneaky, really good. They struggled in the red area. He's a really good red area target. Him and Pooka are gonna be fun. Puka Nakua, he's gonna be able to I think this is gonna make Puoca better because you get to learn from what you know. A guy like Davante Adams, who you know, he's a pro he's been in there for a while. I got to hang out with Puka at the Pepsi event at the Super Bowl, and he was such a cool kid, just like he's a he's a Vegas bro. Works hard. I think we're ripping a vape together. He's just fun. He was just a fun, due dude that like loves. You could tell he loves to work hard. He's fucking young, He's got a lot of energy. Bro, my type of guy. I won't an he kahoop and he's pouly like he loves right down the street. I gotta get pook into the house. I gotta meet him in the nutthouse. Bro.
Speaker 2: Bro, right before you just told that story about you meeting him at the super Bowl, I was literally just gonna say the same thing that I met Pooka on the Kua you know, at the k Adams show at the Super Bowl this year. We were in the back room together in the green room, and man, let me tell you, I love that guy, Jules. He might be my favorite wide receiver in the NFL. Now, Dude, he was just a dude's dude and he was just so cool. He was laid back, you know, he was a free spirit. I really wish that he was on the New England Patriots.
Speaker 1: But he likes to work. He loves to tell he likes to work.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you don't become that, you know, that solid on the field without working hard. But also he loves to have fun too, and he just seems like he's got, you know, right, the right chip on his shoulder, and just he would have been great.
Speaker 1: He would have been he would.
Speaker 2: Have the best man. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love meeting him. The fuk Is was a we called a house in Foxborough. The fuk We're like we were all younger players at the time and we all used to congregate and hang out after fucking like spring meetings. We played cornhole, we gamble, we go, you know, do stupid ship like the fuk Is where it was at. And he is a fucking fuke member for sure. Dane Fletcher, Nico Kuda, Vides, Shane VeryE, vn Tron Gronk. We'd always make fun of Nikovich.
Speaker 2: Outcaster, always trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he know, Nikovich would literally we'd be having like a little shin dig at the fuk and Ninko would come with this big ass great day and he'd be walking around at like nine thirty at night. He'd be like, hey, guys, Page is sit, I'm on a walk. Let me give me a shot. Let me get a shot. Let me remember. He would sack three shots. He's like, all right, Page is gonna kill me. I gotta go, and he go walk home. Two hours later, he'd come back with the dog. He's like, yeah, I'm taking the dog to take a ship right now. Let me he'd rip another shot that he'd go back to his house like Ninko, let's go, Nico, we'll be doing.
Speaker 2: It's the same old Ninko to this.
Speaker 1: But Puka, Puka looks like a guy that was would have been in the fuke. He would have been in the food.
Speaker 2: Pooka. Keep it up, my man, keep it up.
Speaker 1: Oh, Pat's making some moves. Bro mm hmm. Pat's making some moves, spending some of that gwop that gouda, that jetta.
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, I got a question real quick, though. So today's Monday. Free agency technically doesn't start till Wednesday, But is today the day that they can start talking to the teams.
Speaker 1: I think it's the tampering period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where you can talk to the teams and come up with an agreement on a contract, but technically you a're not allowed to sign it until Wednesday? Is that how it works officially?
Speaker 1: I believe so. The legal tamperine period is three ten to three twelve. This is it's the stupidest rule ever. They basically make the contract two days before free agency. All right, but it is what it is. Pats are signing guys Carlton Davis three years, sixty dollars thirty five thirty four point five guaranteed, played with you in Tampa. Is that a good signing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great sign And Carlton Davis still has some you know left in the tank, no doubt about that. And when I got down to Tampa, I didn't know who Carlton Davis was. He was young, you know, he was a young buck, you know, just trying to make a name for himself. And I was literally like, who is this dB that we got on the roster. He's tall, he's a little bit skinny, but like he has that thump to him, you know, he has that strength to him, not necessarily weight room strength, but he has that football strength.
Speaker 1: Like leverage, yeah, long leverage strength.
Speaker 2: And those are the hardest DB's I believe, you know, to get open versus that are taller, skinnier, lengthy, but are quick too. And that's what Carlton Davis brings to the table is those you know traits right there. So that's a really good signing by the New England Patriots. And that's gonna be a duel right there. Christian Gonzalez and Carlton Davis lined up at the defensive back position for the New England Patriots in the backfield. Let me tell you then, they're not going to be a lot of teams throwing on these guys, you know.
Speaker 1: No, that's too the corners. And then they also got you know, Harold Landry edge rusher. If you get a guy to get a little pressure on that cour quarderback, that's when the interceptions come flying when you have a good secondary. So you know someone he's a Rabel guy played with Rabel in Tennessee. Three years, forty three point five million, twenty six guaranteed. And then I think this is a really good signing. The Morgan Moses signing three years, twenty four million. Veteran right tackle started fourteen games last year with the Jets, I expect that they gotta get more lined. Anytime you're adding to the line, young quarterback, it's like cow bell, more line. We need more cowbell, more line, more line, more line the game. Look at all the greatest teams this year. Last year, they all had the best offensive lines. Philadelphia, Detroit. The Lions had a young offensive line that they've been developing that has become very good in the run game. They're not in that same category. But the Chiefs, they had a really good offense line makeshift at the end because they got banged up. That's why they've had a lot of success. You got to have a great offensive line. So I like Patch getting more lineman. Let's we'll talk more free agency when the dust settles, because it hasn't even started technically legally. But it has started technically legally, but we don't know the rules. But it's weird. We'll be right back after this quick break. I think we should get into making our team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it, dude.
Speaker 1: So let's get into the all Dudes defensive team.
Speaker 2: Rob Let's do it, Jules. We had the All Dudes offensive team last week. That was fun, but now today it's the All Dudes defensive team. It's the dudes that we love this year from each defensive position. And Jules, where are we going to start here? Where do you want to start? I?
Speaker 1: You know, just talking about out the trenches, let's talk, let's talk about the big boys, let's get let's go interior line. That d tackle probably, if you talk to most football people, the d tackle is probably one of the most important positions in football. If you've got a guy that could plug, because then you you allow that guy to take away the run game and then the outside guys can eat. But if you have a guy that could take away the run game and then also put a little pressure on that quarterback in the middle of the pocket, which all quarterbacks hate, that's when you get suicide missions.
Speaker 2: And when you have a defencive tackle like a Vince Wolfork, you know, say that big, that athletic, they instantly take the run game up the middle away, like you don't even game plan to run the ball up the middle, Like that's just totally taken away. And that's that's a whole aspect. That's all the whole you know, quarter of a playbook that you have is running the ball up the middle. So that just shows the importance of an all pro you know, defensive tackle, what they can do for a team and all due defensive tackle. And on top of it, they want to get to the quarterback because what defensive lineman doesn't want to sack the quarterback. So these guys can get to the quarterback as well because they're so athletic being that size. It's like Vince Wolfork, I mean, you were never going to run the ball on him going up the A gap or B gap and then every once in the while he was just so athletic. He would beat his you know, offensive lineman that was going firsus and he was sacked the quarterback and the quarterback would be scared shitless because Vince Wolfork was so big that they didn't want him to land on him, you know, on the you know, the quarterback didn't want Vince to land on them. So that just shows the importance of these dudes. So, Jules, who do you got.
Speaker 1: Let's hear your guys, I you know, well, our nominee, Chris Jones thirty seven tackles near three peat could have the greatest season ever, come a long way from his Wiener flopping out at the Combra. He's come a long way.
Speaker 2: That video will always be played every year always.
Speaker 1: He's He's a character too. I love Chris Jones. He's made big plays. He's a nominee. Jalen Carter, I mean anyone with bread Man Jalen as his ig handle. He's an old dude guy. Forty two tackles, total tackles. He's just a problem. I mean, we we do pregame shows all year and we talk about those two a lot. Dexter Lawrence unbelievable football player. Just been on a shitty team, been on a shitty team and it's tough. He's had nine sacks last year, forty four tackles, and he's got a cool name, Dexter's Laboratory. You guys remember that on.
Speaker 2: Network. I watched a show All the Time's Laboratory was one of my big hits growing up as a kid, and Dexter Lawrence kind of reminds me of the Dexter's Laboratory. So that that's pretty cool, man, that's pretty cool. What kind of dude is Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory?
Speaker 1: Would you say, Jules Whiz Without a doubt, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're right, you hit it right on. That's what I was thinking too.
Speaker 1: Another nominee, Vitevea. He doesn't even wear gloves and he's Polynesian. He's huge. That's why he's my nominee.
Speaker 2: Those Polynesians just have that raw strength as well. They just go into the weight room, they just chuck up like four fifteen for ten on the bench and then they just walk out of the weight room and it's like just jaw dropping, like how the heck did he just do that? That's like I.
Speaker 1: Want to sit around a gatorade jug filled with kVA and just drink with him. I just want to drink kava with Vitavea. That's that's he's He's automatic. I mean, he had in a really good year, seven sacks, and he's just a problem. He's huge. But I just want to have convo with them. So he's my nominee. Quinnin Williams from the Jets. He's just he's fucking big, huge, and I just I love whenever he talks on an interview he says fun shit. What about saying funny shit?
Speaker 2: What about another Williams, Leonard Williams, you know from the Seattle Seahawks who he started his career I'm pretty sure on the New York Giants and then went to the Jets. Or did he start his career with the Jets and then went to the Giants. I'm pretty sure he started with the Jets, went to the Giants, and then he went over to Seattle. And I love the year that Leonard Williams had. You know, he had eleven sacks, He had that interception that he brought to the house. I think it was about eighty plus yard interception, and just to see his athletic ability and the way that he ran, I mean, it was probably the longest he ever ran in his career, but he brought it to the house and it was just so cool for a big man to do that. Everyone went crazy, uh, you know when he did do that. And on top of it, I had a block him before Julian and it was one of the most impossible tasks I ever had to do when he was on the Jets and the Giants, when I was on the Patriots and I was going versus. So I just want to give props to Leonard Williams for his year that he had. You know, one of the toughest defenders. You know, I've ever had a block. I was never moving him, but I got in his way.
Speaker 1: I could say, well, he's a nominee for All Dude then, because any guy Rob Gronkowski can't move h is an old dude to me. First team, second team. Who do you got, Rob.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, Well, I'm going with Jalen Carter just because he's a Super Bowl champ and he's got his ig handle bred Mann Jalen and just a way that he came through. That's what being an All Dude is. You come through at the right moments. Julian, you came through Super Bowls, you came through in the playoffs. I came through. You know that some of the biggest moments in the playoffs. You know when when my number was called and Jalen Carter, he came through for the Philadelphia Eagles when it was most needed. He sacked Matthew Stafford or put pressure on him so he had to throw the ball away on that last play. Descend Was it to send the Philadelphia Eagles to Super Bowl or was it to send them to No, Yeah, it was the send of Philadelphia Eagles to the Super Bowl because of Jalen Carter coming through on the last play of the game. So that's a dude's dude, and he's just so big, beastly, fast, strong. I just got to give him props. And he seems like a dude that you want to party with too.
Speaker 1: Jules, Definitely, I agree. First team Jalen Carter. Second team Vita Vea just because he's Polynesian and I want to drink cobo with him.
Speaker 2: Just never slap his ass, Julian. One time, you know one of those moves, were you just going around and slapping everyone's ass In practice, I slapped Vita Vea's asked it's like, let's go, let's have a day, and he looked at me and like like he was about to kill me, bro, and he was like, never slap my ass again. And I was like, no problem for yout know, whatever you say, I'll do. And to this day I never slept his ass again. Jules, I take it.
Speaker 1: Will not slap his ass, but we'll love to have some cobba with him. Let's go on to our next, our next position, Let's get to the edge. First team the guy that gets all the attention on defense. These guys get a lot of attention, they get a lot of money. Who are nominees?
Speaker 2: Rob all right, we got Miles Garrett. He's the obvious nominee here. He just signed one of the biggest deals in history history. Oh, actually it was the biggest deal in history.
Speaker 1: Four quarterback quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's just a game wrecker, fourteen sacks. It was his worst sack year, I think was his rookie year when he only had seven. But he only played in eleven games that year. Miles Garret one of the most consistent, you know, edge rushers in the game of football ever in history. Too bad. He's been playing for the Cleveland Browns forever or else. He would even be more well known if he was on a popular team that's been winning. But Miles Garrett first nominee. He's going to be either one or two as well, Jules. We also got Trey Hendrickson. This guy was a sack leader. He was a bright spot on the struggling Cincinnati's defense this year. He wants out, he wants out, but he might get paid. He might be you know, pulling the Miles Garrett effect where he says he wants out and then he might just get one of the biggest deals in history as well. Where do you think he would go, though, Jules, if they actually do trade him? And what's cool about Trey Hendrickson. I faced him a couple of times. Strong guy, built, strong, can't really move him, you know, high motor, hard worker. But he was cool enough he wanted the jersey swap with me, Jules, so he actually sent me one of his Cincinnati Bengals jerseys. Check it out. Yes, it's one of the coolest jerseys. I actually ever put my hands on it. I'm telling you, the material feels good, it looks good. Trey Hendrickson, Thank you, man.
Speaker 1: Rap I mean jersey swaps.
Speaker 2: You got not a lot, man, just a few, don't I.
Speaker 1: Have a few too. I got a couple. Kick guys. I gotta I gotta, I gotta go. Look. But Trey Hendrickson nominee. We've I'd be I'd be weird not to say that. Miles Garrett's also nominated because he has awesome Halloween costumes, and I'd become a Halloween person ever since my daughter. I really never liked Halloween, but she loves Halloween and she's already talking about costumes. So Miles garretton that TJ Watt, he is a nominee eleven and a half sacks, got hurt again, but he's about to get paid a lot.
Speaker 2: We also got Nick Bosa nine sacks. He was p f f's thirty fifth best player of the year. I mean, I would say nine sacks is kind of a down year though for Nick Bosa. You know, he was one of the highest paid at the time. I think he broke the record for being the highest paid non quarterback at one point two years ago. But now Miles Garrett absolute blew out away. Max Crosby absolutely blew out away as well, and then Bosa. Yeah, love him.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. I saw him at uh we hung out at UFC in Miami last year or something, and I just I couldn't stop looking at his diyes in those genes. I was like, Man, this dude's so fucking big. He looks like he looks like a cave man. He's so large and his waist isn't even that big. It was weird. Michael Parsons, he's also a nominee, saw him at Super Bowl in an uber crossing the Street, said he would podswap with me. I said, I would love to he's fucking awesome. What do you think the convos between him and Jerry Jones are.
Speaker 2: Like, Ah, I mean it's a Jerry. You just see what Miles Garrett got paid. I mean, you might as well just give me that same contract before you owe me five million dollars more if you let me hit free agency next year. That's what I would say. If I was Michael Parsons.
Speaker 1: Would you really Yeah, I really would when you were Michael Parsons age or your age now.
Speaker 2: Michael Parson's age actually with the experience and knowledge and not being so fearful, I would have to be my age of being able to go up to someone's stone of that type of status. And Jerry Jones, but at twenty four, twenty five years old, I would have let my I would have let my agent do that one. I taught my agent up to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, while Chop Robinson and there we go, Jules. I was going with Chop Robinson too. Why because he has a cool name. He had a solid rookie year. He had six sacks. I don't think he's gonna be one or two on the All Dues team, but he's definitely just needed to be mentioned. Because of the year that he had and he's gonna be a future star at the edge position.
Speaker 1: That's a great edge rushing name. Top Robinson. Top Robinson's coming to get you.
Speaker 2: The only way to take down mister Robinson is to chop him. So get your.
Speaker 1: Ass low, boys, get your ass low, just like Kyle Vanoy did all year at thirty three years old with twelve and a half sacks all pro joker. Mm hmm. Freaking Kyle Vanoy's still doing it.
Speaker 2: Love that guy. Love Kyle, I love him. I played with him in New England and one time he gave me the electric chair. He was guarding me one on one outside and boom he at me and like it stunned me off the line. And then ever since that day he still brings it up to me. He asked me how that electric chair is doing because the electrocuted me right off the line. I couldn't get off the line of scrimmage. So props of Kyle van NOI man, That's when I knew he was a dog. When he did that to me, I was like, dang. And then he's still going. He's still going.
Speaker 1: You remember the first day he came to New England after we traded for him in like the middle of the season. I got kicked out of practice.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember this, Jeels, I don't think I got kicked.
Speaker 1: Out of practice. But Bill got really mad at me. I don't know it was what happened. I blocked him. I lit him up his first like it was his first day there, and I lit his ass up. I forgot what but I hit him really hard and Coach got mad at me. I said, what this is? Welcome, Welcome to the team, bro, we practiced hard here.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: This ain't Detroit. He'll be walking They'll be walking around this land thinking you could just fucking tittley wink. You can't tittly wink around here.
Speaker 2: That's one thing you did love to do. When a new player came to the team, Jewels, you showed them what's up. You showed him that we worked haired. You showed them that we practiced at as hard as we play. It's like you and Stefan Gilmour. You were going at him when he first signed with the Patriots. You did it with Kyle van Noy, you did it with a couple other signings or guys that we traded for. So we appreciate you doing that, man, you know, setting the standard for the new guys, even if they were Vets. You know, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: We needed a heart and old van Oy up. But fucking he was. He was cool. We ended up growing having a great relationship after that. He's it's unbelievable to see that. You know, he's still balling at twelve and a half sacks a lot of sacks, dude, thirty three years old?
Speaker 2: Well who you got on your first team? Jewels? Come on, let's hear it. I'm going I'm gonna tell you who's on my first team. I'm going with Trey Trey had I mean, he just led the league in sacks. He sent me the jersey which I'm going to reach you, Rob, Hall of Fame career and Hall of Fame character. That's right, baby, I got Hall of Fame character. I appreciate that. Thank you for everything. God bless and Trey. I still owe you a Tampa Bay jersey because we went versus each other plenty of times when he was on the Saints and I was on and I was on the Bucks. So I'll be sending that jersey out when I find it. It's stuffed in my garage right now at the bottom because I'm cleaning out the house. But that jersey will be coming your way once I eventually get it. Man, and you're you're my first team, my first all Dudes, team of.
Speaker 1: All time, first team.
Speaker 2: Hendrickson h I mean, he had a heck of a year, man.
Speaker 1: Heck of a year. I'll give you that second team for me. Then Miles Garrett, That's.
Speaker 2: Who I was going with. It's got to be Miles Garrett, man, he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I trained with Mason Rudolph good for you know, like a few times he threw to me. But anytime a guy takes a goddamn helmet off and tries to beat another man with it, I mean, that's all dude to me. That's all dude to me. Let's get onto the next episode or the next position. Safety The nominees Xavier McKenny of Green Bay eight interception sixty tackles hasn't posted on IG since August. He's locked in. He's in zero dark thirty mode. It's been August. Like him. Kyle Hamilton one of my favorite football players, solid third years, like he's around doing everything. He's just I think he's a really good football player, great tackler, makes big plays, he covers tight ends too.
Speaker 2: And he's a big guy as well. Those are the hardest guys to get open against. So the guys that are quick and then also big and lanky, because that's my skill set. I use my length and my size to my advance. And then when you got a guy like Kyle Hamilton who's a bigger safety who can stay with you, it makes it it's annoying. There you go, you hit it right on. It's annoying. It's like he's always there because you're so used to, like, you know, giving a little shove to a little guy and then the ball being there and they can't reach and you know, deflect the pass. Well, Kyle Hamilton has that length that he can reach and deflect the past sense, So it is annoying. It's like that bug, that fly that's always around the house that you can't just swat.
Speaker 1: Away without a doubt. I agree with a thousand percent. Kyle Hamilton's that Brian Branch's a nominee from Detroit. I mean, he's one. He's not only a baller, but he's one of the guys that stayed healthy on that defense, one of like three, unlike so.
Speaker 2: Of Detroit's defense. Yeah, yeah, that was though. I think they would have Super Bowl. Yeah, that was unfortunate to see so many injuries.
Speaker 1: That's why it's hard to win the Super Bowl. That's when people don't realize everything's got to go the right way. To A Baker of Arizona nominee Sick Name ninety five solo tackles reminds me of Bob Sanders back in the day. Remember Bobby Sanders from Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: I do he was. He was kind of like he was. He was shorter, but he was more thick.
Speaker 1: He was jacked, I know. But he just was like a torpedo, like he would just come down. He didn't care about his body and he would blow himself up. Didn't play many games because he literally blew himself up. But that's how Buddha Baker plays him. He plays like downhill, full speed all the time.
Speaker 2: Kind of like an Earl Thomas back in the day when he was on Seattle.
Speaker 1: Like Earl Thomas, Earl Thomas and then read blanket Ship Philadelphia, exciting white third year. Four interceptions got to put him on a nominee and then our alumni nominee Rodney Harrison.
Speaker 2: Rodney the two, two thousand and two, the two thousand and four, Rodney Harrison just always laying the wood over the middle. How much did Bill talk about Rodney Jeweles.
Speaker 1: I mean we talked every anytime it was we were starting pads practice like that was like clockwork. Every fucking look, you know, this is where it separates people. They're not in underwear. Guys like Rodney Harrison would fucking hit you like you know, we'd always hear Rodney Harrison, Rodney Harrison and that. But Rodney was also around, and I liked Rodney because he would I remember him talking to some of the younger dbs, like putting him in their place, young guys that were young minded. You know. I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. He should definitely be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: He should be all around good player.
Speaker 1: My first team for safety, Kyle Hamilton, I think he's a baller. Third year. He's got to stay healthy, continue to get that defense going. They always find Baltimore always finds a secondary guy and a linebacker. And they got themselves the secondary guy.
Speaker 2: And the second team, All dudes safety, I'm pretty sure you're gonna agree with me here at Jules. We love his name, love the way that he plays the game as well. Just fearless out there, out out in the backfield of the defense. And that's Buddha Baker from the Arizona Cardinals. Man. I mean, guy's a monster for his size and he's just all over the place. He's always around that ball. When you're always around that football, good things happen to you. And that's what Buddha Baker, you know, brings to the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did get chased down by DK, but DK is a long man.
Speaker 2: DK is long, he's got a stride, he's fast, and he just got paid one hundred and fifty million dollars because Dka as an absolute freak of nature.
Speaker 1: Jules absolute. What's going to our next position, All dudes, cornerback our nominees, Patrick Sir Tan, the second fourth year in got paid ninety six point zero zero millions, just a lot ninety six point You just want to say, point m a million dollar extension. No one throws to him. There's a reason why Derek Single, Derek Stingley junior out of Houston. I think he's a ball or five interceptions. Third year Patriot, bloodline, grandson of Darryl Stingley, wide receiver receiver Sauce Gardner, a nominee in Buffalo wil Wings ads, got a cool name, already a star. She would didn't have his strongest year this year though it wasn't as it wasn't as strong, but a lot of distractions in New York this year, especially on defense, like twenty different coaches. Jalen Ramsey got paid three year, seventy two million dollar extension Byron Murphy out of Minnesota. Six interceptions. So let's what's our I think our first team corner easy. Patrick's are ten two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an easy choice. I mean he's been the heart and soul of the Denver Broncos defense and they don't even throw his way, like I wish they threw his way more to see you know what type of player he is in all situations, but no one will even give him that chance because he's just that lockdown. And when you're that lockdown, you're getting paid as the top corner like you just did, and no one's gonna throw your way because you're just that good. That's kind of like Revis's Island, Like no one would really dare throw to that side of the field because you just know that it's not going to be powered.
Speaker 1: Pultn't im in Revis Islands.
Speaker 2: Like Revis Island, Man, it's like no one throws his way, Like just like Revis Island, how they want to throw his way?
Speaker 1: And our second team we're going Stingley Juniors because he got Patriot bloodline. I think that's cool any time you got bloodline, all right, Corner number two, First Team All Dude nominees. Trent McDuffie. He was so built. I didn't realize he was so big on the bottom end. I saw him at practice. He had a big bottom end like legs dies. He was fucking like. He looked like a horse. He also had sixty TFLs, thirteen pass defense, two interceptions, made a lot of big plays on third down. Christiangan Zalez rob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came back from injury this year. I mean he had a solid rookie year going on. Now got hurt, which was unfortunate, but he had a solid, solid, solid, you know, sophomore season with New England. He's just a stud. He wears number zero, and you gotta give him some love because he's just a quiet whiz. You know, he's a good guy. And when you're a quiet, you know type of person, you really sometimes really don't get that much love, especially when you know you're on a team that hasn't won over the last two years. So Christian Gonzalez, keep doing your thing. The love is gonna come. Uh, the all pros are gonna come, All the Pro Bowls are gonna come eventually, but uh, just keep doing you man.
Speaker 1: And he works with mental health. I see him on an AD all the time, mental health ad.
Speaker 2: We should sign up Jewels.
Speaker 1: I need it, I need it. Cooper dejene is an exciting white at a pick six on his birthday in the Super Bowl. That's pretty fucking cool. But I put him more in the star category. He's a nickel, more of a nickel not he can't be in. You know that he's not there yet. Denzel Ward forty two tackles, two interceptions, seventy year in Cleveland lockdown Corner. I've always respected his game and he makes me think of Denzel Washington because of his name. You know, seven years in Cleveland you gotta have some kind of award.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: J C. Horn out of Carolina. He's a baller. Sixty eight tackles, two interceptions, two sacks. Pro bowler. Just got paid for for a buck one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: What about his dad? Master of touchdown celebrations, Joe Horn. They had the cell phone celebration jewels, remember that back in the day.
Speaker 1: Took it out of the field goal and post pad. It was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the field goal post path.
Speaker 1: He's a ball That was cool.
Speaker 2: Baller man, that's cool. I didn't know that j. C. Horn was the son of Joe Horn. So that's a learning fact right there. You know, you always learn something new every day, Jules.
Speaker 1: Everything that you learned that j. C. Horn is a son of Joe Horn? Is I here, Alexander. This guy cracks me up. I think he's a good corner. I think he's a little young. But I just loved the story when he came out to captain against the North Caro when they played Carolina Panthers and he wasn't even a captain and the coach asked him, why did you go out? And he goes coach, I'm from North Carolina, you must' didn't realize, and so he put himself and nominated himself for captain that game. I think he got suspended the next week. But that was a funny thing. That was funny to me. That's all. That's all, dude, jokester.
Speaker 2: That is man, that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: First and second team. First team for me, I'm going Trent McDuffie. I think he's a stud.
Speaker 2: What I love about Trent McDuffie is that he knows how the jam guys off the line. And that's when a lot of routes are one is right off the line of scrimmage, once you get around the guy. But Trent McDuffie is a guy that you can't really, you know, beat him at the very beginning. You gotta beat him at the top of your route because he can jam you. And that's why I appreciate, appreciate it about his game when I was watching him over the last few.
Speaker 1: Years with Kansas City second team.
Speaker 2: Rob, I'm gonna go with uh, your guy, Jules, your guy Jaire Alexander after that story that you just told, I'm going with Alexander, Man, I'm going with him. How about you? What do you think? What do you think with that one.
Speaker 1: I was gonna go I thought were real Christian Gonzalez? Uh he was? Was he no Pro this year?
Speaker 2: No? He kind of got shafted like I seen second Oh really he got shafted from the Pro Bowl, That's what it was. But second team All Pro? All right, I'm gonna take that back because I am a big fan of Christian Gonzales. I think he should be second team for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We like his shut down. He shut downs defenders. If you see the stats that those top wide receivers had one going one on one with Christian Gonzales, he would be like, why is Christian Gonzales not an All Pro first team? You know, because he shut them all down. It was something like twenty yards per game. He had a great year and he's just going to continue to get better.
Speaker 1: Bill drafted him. Oh, let's move on. Two linebackers, All dudes. Linebackers nominees. Patrick Queen Pittsburgh went over from Baltimore in Division leaves new team sixty five solo tackles. He's a Steven Ridley Randy Moss level fisherman. Check out his ig. Guy loves fishing. My brother's a big Fisherman. I always respect that frank Louvo, how do you say it?
Speaker 2: Louvu Louvu?
Speaker 1: My bad Frankie. Frankie Louvu first year in Washington, fifty four solo tackles, he's simoing and you know that that's that hurts that that's a special spot in my heart. They hold a special spot. And his dad played for the Fiji national rugby team.
Speaker 2: What about Frankie louvou with when they were playing the Philadelphia Eagles and there tush pushing to get into the end zone, he just kept jumping off sides. You met him, remember, Yeah, we did beat him real quick. That was cool.
Speaker 1: The night before we got we got ivs with them before the game, before the game, give mini luck. Clearly he got blown out, but he was a fucking cool dude. I like that.
Speaker 2: He's a baller. I love I love the way that can get off the line of scrimmage. He has that first step and seems like a guy that's hard to move like that. He's got the hit stick. When I was watching him in that game.
Speaker 1: Definitely Zach Bond Swiss Army Knife. Philadelphia Eagles was a team or comes over is all pro All Pro, was a special teamer to All Pro ninety three solo tackles. Had a really good pick in that in the Super Bowl, he had a super pick and he had a couple. This guy bawled out. Man, Howie Roseman just finding diamonds in the rough. Just signed a three year fifty one million Eagles pay everyone. I don't know how they do it. And then we got to have our alumni, Dante H High Tower. I just he's an all dude because of his calves m h.
Speaker 2: Biggest calves in the league, Jules by.
Speaker 1: Far, and he gets so mad at me when I call him Dante, but his name is Dante. And then Mario Davis from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: He was a.
Speaker 1: Baller this year, sixty nine solo tackles. He is thirty six years old and still getting after it. Shout out fun fact Snapple fact, Steve McNair Air McNair's cousin HM. Crazy story about that McNair crazy story.
Speaker 2: I watched the Mario Davis play and I know he's a year older than me, and I just watched him playing at that high level still to this day, and it just makes me wonder how he's doing it. I'm like, man, I'm a year younger than him, and I can't picture myself being able to do that anymore. And this guy is just going out there and he's playing at the highest level possible at the linebacker position. And he's thirty six years old. So shout out up to his longevity. I mean, great player when he was on the New York Jets. He's a great player, you know, through his thirties, you know, being on the New isine Saints. So whatever you're doing, man, keep it up.
Speaker 1: You're straight people up baller. First team linebacker Zach Bond, Philadelphia Eagles. Okay, this guy reinvented himself, had the storybook ending to a year this year, gets signed to Philadelphia, hasn't played a major role on defense, goes out, becomes All Pro, wins the Super Bowl, and then gets a big paycheck. He's a first team All Dude, second team All Dude for you, Rob.
Speaker 2: Second team All Dude. I really do like Dante's high Towers calves, but that's the level that we're looking at. You know, I'm still wondering if those calves were even real jewels. Every day I looked at.
Speaker 1: Those bat implants were a thing in that earlier in that time exactly.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with the Mario Davis. I mean, just what he's doing at that position, you know, just at that age as well, he had sixty nine solo tackles and that's been an All Dude. This guy knows how to get it done. Sixty nine is a great number. He could have had probably seventy seventy one tackles this year, but he stopped right there and that's why he's an All Dude. And he's on the All Dude second team defense for linebackers, Jewels.
Speaker 1: And then honorable mention done to high towers Cavs. On to the next position, the green dot, the linebacker that makes the calls in the middle of the field, that has the microphone, quarterback of the defense. Nomine's Rokwan Smith of Baltimore, three years All Pro, three years in a row, All Pro stud to Mario Davis, even though he's a green doc guy. But we gave him on there. We're just gonna put him on there. Bobby Wagner, guys thirty four years old, still flying. We played against him in a Super Bowl years ago. Was he he was on that team, right, he was. He was young on that team. Yeah, he was absolute stutt stutt zire Franklin one hundred and seventy three total tackles let the league, one hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 2: How do you possibly have one hundred and seventy three tackles?
Speaker 1: He's just that's a tackle every play.
Speaker 2: Absolute maniac.
Speaker 1: Fred Warner, he's tribal to me. He's like, hey, I saw him do the Lebron throw up. You know where Lebron throws. He was doing that with grass before a joint practice against the Raiders in Vegas. He took grass, he was smelling it and throwing it up like that's an old dude to me. And then Nick Bolton Kansas City. I wonder if there's any relation to Michael Bolton. He's the anchor of the Kansas City Defense and he just got paid like you were about to say, three years, forty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: And which Michael Bolton are you talking Jules the singer or the guy in office space.
Speaker 1: The singer? Of course? Why the same singer, because dude's really good with the fucking brass dog guys, his sacks guy, right, Michael Bolton right, sexophone right, mm.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's sounds like sacks. You should play, Bro, you should play.
Speaker 1: First team All Dot for me?
Speaker 2: Who is it for you? I got my guy in mind. Who's your first teamer?
Speaker 1: I'm going Fred Warner, all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Cool with that. I mean he's the heartbeat of the San Francisco's defense. I mean he played at twenty twenty four with a broken ankle as well, and he's been featured on our show as well, you know, a couple couple of weeks ago, throughout the season, So that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Are you think I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking Bobby Wagner. I mean, this guy's a legend right now. I mean he leads that Washington Commanders defense with presence. You know, he commands that defense. He's one of the reasons why they had such a great year this year. We played against someone he was, you know, on the legion of Boom defense in Seattle, and he's just still going. You gotta give him credit. Bobby Wagner is my second team All Dot Dude.
Speaker 1: First team All Dot, Fred Warner, second Team All Bobby Wagner, Washington Commanders, Brokawann Smith too, man. He that was leave us all dudes teamer with the help of Matthew Slater.
Speaker 2: He special teams.
Speaker 1: God, alright, I asked him. Let's let's see if I can get you to hear this. Let's see what the Slate analysis of the teamers are.
Speaker 6: Old dudes team first team, second team old dudes. I mean, you got you gotta put Schooler on their first team All dude.
Speaker 4: Dude's a dude. Man, what do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 7: The Joker can fly out, play size, speed, quickness, hands, want to toughness, could play with us.
Speaker 4: Man could play with us. Then second team all dude. That's tough because I like Jeremy Reeves in Washington.
Speaker 6: I like Bloord in Washington. But if I gotta go second team all dude, I'm going.
Speaker 4: J T.
Speaker 8: Gray Saints probably been one of the most underrated players in our league for the last five six years.
Speaker 4: Check him out. Led the league in special teams tackles.
Speaker 9: I'm not the top end burner, just great finisher at the ball, carrier, physical in the return game, will lay you out and just find his way to the ball.
Speaker 4: And this sucker is productive productive.
Speaker 6: I think he's got like ninety three special teams tackles since he came in the league, most in the league during that span, So those would be my two.
Speaker 4: Teamers Schooler first team, J T. Gray Second team.
Speaker 2: J T.
Speaker 1: Gray that those are our first and second team. Khalif Raymond out of Detroit. He was pretty good led the league in punt returns this year. Also, who's our The Cowboys returner Turpin should be up there, He's a beast. But we get our consulting for special teams from the special team's god, Matthew Slater, and he says Brandon School their first team. JT. Grace second team. Wait, if j T. Gray has the most tackles since he came in ninety three, shouldn't he be first team? Though? Cavante Turpin one of my favorite returners all year long. So I think we go as Slate. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, Jules, I won't kind of leave this one up to you because I never really bet a special team. And the one time I was on special teams, I was on field goal protection and I put my arm out to block and the seria Joe Brown ran into my arm and it snapped my wrist back and it broke my forearm. So I wasn't really that great on special teams, never really played it. The biggest highlight of my career was when on special teams. Was when I was on kickoff return my rookie year, Dan Conley.
Speaker 1: He got the ball because.
Speaker 2: He was in the middle of the back then what was it called when you can combine to the wing guys, Yeah, the wench. He was the middle of the wedge, but they kicked in the ball. He got it as an offensive lineman. He ran it up to the four yard line. But on that play, I pancaked the defender right in front of him when he got the ball. So that's my biggest highlight on special teams in my career in the NFL. So I'm going to leave this one up to you, Jeweles. This was all you. You were an amazing punt returner, You were a great kick returner, you were an all around special teams guy. So Jewles, whoever you think you got advice from Slater, you got knowledge from him who was maybe the best special teams player of all times in NFL history. So this one's all on you, Jewels. But I do want to bring up the a Mindola too. You know, he was a teamer back in the day and twenty one point three percent of his uh you know, snaps were special teams as well. When he was with New England he played plenty of times. So just shout out to him as well. Our good old friend Danny the Dancer, Amadola.
Speaker 1: Danny the Dancer and Mondola. He's a good he was a really good teamer, great hands.
Speaker 2: Not as good as you, sorry, Dola, you were better at jewels.
Speaker 1: Danny was very good. Danny was very good. And shout out to Cavante Turpin that he's a monster. He had nine hundred and four.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys returner, right, Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew that Turpin was. I mean I remember Belichick even saying, like the fuck would you kick to this guy? And he also came he's an old dude guy because he came to the long Way. He I think he was in the USFL or something. He was like the MVP of some water down league or whatever. So first team Brandon Schooler, Patriot, Second team JT. Gray with the helps of Matthew Slater.
Speaker 2: Thank you Slater. We appreciate you. You've always been a great teammate and you're still a great teammate, Slater, thank you.
Speaker 1: An honorable mention. Cavante Turpin, guy who's electric with the ball's hand.
Speaker 2: Also Devin Hester, one of the most electric special teamers of all time.
Speaker 1: I think it was like twenty ten or eleven. I had a punt return average of like I don't know, fifteen points something, and that's like, really, that's really high. That's like eight yards higher than what like the averages league average, and fucking it was like a record. It was like a crazy great year. And there was one guy that had higher than me. It was fucking Devin Hester. And he had like a seventeen, which was like a record. It was crazy. He had two touchdowns. He was electric. First team, first team, first ballot, Hall of Famer man, first time as a special teamer, right, is he first ballot or not first ballot? Not first ballot, but he's this special team returner. I think he's a first returner to go in the Hall of Fame. Fucking incredible, electric, all right, first Team All Dude leg the leg Chris nominees Chris Boswell from Pittsburgh Steelers only offense this year. Brandon Aubrey from Dallas multiple sixty plus yarders this year and he played professional soccer Chase McLaughlin Tampa Bay ninety three point eight percent of the time. He hits every time. Jack Fox Detroit punter, which is weird. I don't think they punted a lot, but he was a Pro Bowl punter. Prime Sebastian Janakowski. I could smell the vodka coming off his breath right now.
Speaker 2: Dude was an absolute unit and he was the Polish hammer.
Speaker 1: I remember Scottie O'Brien all day just said, this guy loves vodka like that. All the coaches love talking about Sebastian Janikowski being an alcoholic, and he would put him right down the goddamn middle every fucking time for like a long time. Adam Vinteri got snubbed from the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: He's got to be in the Hall of Fame event, but he got snubbed from being a first timer Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: First ballot, first ballot.
Speaker 2: M H.
Speaker 1: Saquon Barkley, even though he doesn't kick, but he has really squad sick legs. Harris Buckner, I mean he's he's a monster. I mean he's kicked. He was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And you.
Speaker 1: Can think about what he does off the field on your own. This is a non judging body cast podcast. For me, I'm going first team kick leg, first team Leg Aubrey shout out Jerry Jones, find it found another one.
Speaker 2: Finding someone that can finally score on multiple occasions, especially past sixty plus yards, which is incredible. Man, they hit a couple over sixty yards as a kicker. These kickers are just becoming strong and just you know, more precise as the years go on. It's funny because kickers they go on a streak where like weeks one through seven, every kicker hits everything, and then like week seven through fifteen, like every team's looking for a new kicker, and.
Speaker 1: Then like the ball hardens up, the golder gets that ball gets a little harder to kick. We be we got a shout out Steve Gotzkowski. Man, Oh, I love Steve Meat Meat.
Speaker 2: I love Stevektowski. I mean he came through in the clutch plenty of times for us, you know, and people don't.
Speaker 1: Realize Steve had like the best kicking percentage until like the last year of his career of all time, like he was lights out. He fucked up his hip a little and when those kickers they mess up a little something, it fucks him up and then you know that that's kind of where it went. But Steve was electric. He made a lot of big kicks for us, huge he sure did.
Speaker 2: He handled that pressure coming after Vinitari as well, and like it was like, you know, Vinitaria was a huge loss, but like it didn't feel like a huge loss. You know, four New England because of Gostowski.
Speaker 1: Which that's hard to say because that's how good. Adam Vanity was. Second team All leg.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with Chris Boswell. I mean, he was consistent for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: He was it was their only offense. Was finally at times there was like five games where that he had like six There was like three games, right, I swear he had like six field goals.
Speaker 2: The Pittsburgh Steelers won a game this year without scoring a touchdown. He kicked all the points for them. I mean that was like twenty eight points exactly. You deserve to be on the All Dudes team for doing that, scoring all the points in the game and winning.
Speaker 1: All right, our last All Dude defense of guy or person or dude is thisecurity mm hmm okay nominees Tua's arms home security hired in response to league wide breakings. TUA hired armed security at the house. That's an all dude moment. Olivia Punton Employee of the Month at Joe Burrow's house. She was there during the breaking. She was there during the breaking. She kept everything safe. Lionel Messi's personal security guard. Have you ever seen this guy on the fucking sideline?
Speaker 2: I love him. He's always watching like a hocke and he's running up and down. It's like, it's freaking incredible. Imagine having your own personal security guy like that at all times. Guys like this, This is a beast.
Speaker 1: He's a beast. This is what every college football's dream is, every college football coaches dream for. What it is it called the standback guy or the pushback guy. Yep, the Messi has got it all dialed in. He's got a guy that's literally like chasing the ball. And then lastly, Big Dom, he's pretty much goddamn mayor of Philly. He's got unmarked cop cars, escalades, recruited Darius slay back to Philly, and free agency. I mean, there's anything to do with security. I saw it firsthand. Dom is your guy, So first team all security for me, Big Dom is number one.
Speaker 2: I can't argue with that one.
Speaker 1: Jules number two. I mean, we.
Speaker 2: Gotta go with Lionel Messi's personal security guard. The guy is always hustling, hustle, he's watching twenty four to seven, what's going on. He's basically a security camera at all times from Lionel Messi. So he's by far number two.
Speaker 1: And then honorable mention Olivia Putton. I mean, you got to keep the enterprise of Joe Burrow. You got to keep that enterprise going. And when those little, those little sneaky thieves tried to rob Sir Joe Burrow's house because he's dressing like or I Burrow, shallow May. That's what I'm gonna call him, because he dresses like shallow May. Joe Burrow shallow May. When someone is trying to sneak into that house, not so fast. Olivia Putton's there to stop it all from going down, so he can just worry about creating the craziest amount of stats you possibly can for a quarterback. So that's the all dude teams. Let's let's let's go over and recap them. Our twenty twenty five first team All Dudes d Defense Interior Jalen Carter, Edge, Trey Hendrickson, linebackers at bond safety, Kyle Hamilton cornerback one, Patrick's Air Tan cornerback two, Trent McDuffie, teamer, Brandon Brendan schooler with consultants from Matthew Slater, Green Dot, Fred Warner, leg Brandon Aubrey and security Big. And now let's go to our twenty twenty five second team All due Defense Roberto.
Speaker 2: And our interior defensive Lineman's second team All Dude is Vita Vea from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Just a monster.
Speaker 1: We got eds Tava, Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: You can drink cava all day with Vita Villa going back to him, Jules. And then at linebacker position, we got the Marrio Davis, the Mario Davis that is an honorable mention. Dante High Towers Calves, biggest calves to ever play in the NFL. We're still wondering if they were implanted or not. We will find out one day. At the safety position, we got Buddha Baker. Great name, great All Dudes name No.
Speaker 1: Doubt about that fucking flies too.
Speaker 2: At cornerback one, we got Darryl Stingley. At cornerback two, we got Christian Gonzalez, special teamer J T. Gray with honorable mentioned Cavante Turpin. Bill Belichick loves that.
Speaker 1: Guy the Green Dot, I think everyone does.
Speaker 2: Everyone does love his Speedster lethal weapon. At the Green Dot, we got Bobby Wagner Heart and soul, the Washington Commanders defense leg We have a kicker here and Chris Boswell won a game just kicking all field goals for Pittsburgh Steelers this year. And at the security position, we got Lionel Messi security guard who just hawks down at anyone that is eyeing down.
Speaker 1: Lionel Messi, don't even fucking look at him wrong, or his security guy we don't even know the name of, will fucking come get you if you look. If you look at him wrong from the nosebleeds, he will fucking find you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, you got that right. And honorable mention Olivia Pontoon just keeping Joe Burrows Kasa safe. That's that's a that's a good woman right there, that that really is.
Speaker 1: And that's what we got. That's our old dudes, team. What a team. What do you guys think about the first ever all dudes team.
Speaker 2: That's a great group of dudes. It's a great group of dudes.
Speaker 1: I want to hear dogs. I want to hear in the comments section playing a dog, some whizzes. Oh, we got studs. We definitely got some dudes, dudes and even some freaks. Still getting open and scoring against this all defense, rob not not.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, at the high rate that I typically would, you know, versus any any defense, but verst of all dudes, you know defense, my rate of scoring would go down a little bit. I mean, these guys are all dudes.
Speaker 1: They it'd go down to point six exactly.
Speaker 2: There we go, Jules, you got right to it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break. Well, let's get into the chill is due to the week brought to by our favorite beer cores like It, cors Light delivered straight to your door. Visitcreslight dot com. Slash Dudes celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: The chill is due to the week this week delicious delicious Jules is you guys, Yes.
Speaker 2: That's the fans. The Chillis Dude of the Week this week are the fans that left us questions in the YouTube comments, Jewles, keep keeping yes, please.
Speaker 1: We've pulled some let's answer them. Let's answer them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, Jewels. I'll go with the first one from at yukon Camono. Uh, Grant needs to announce draft pick number sixty nine. Let's make this happen. Hey, that's why draft.
Speaker 1: Pick six.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it was draft pick sixty nine this year, Jewels, but this night, this guy is one of the chillest dudes of the week because he's saying it's just silly, silly, chill do things like I should have announced the sixty nine draft pick, and Jewels, who has it?
Speaker 1: You know who has this sixty nine?
Speaker 2: The Patriots?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really? Wow?
Speaker 1: Do I didn't know that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I should have you right, you need to go in and announced the sixty ninth pick for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. I might have to do it now, Jules, I might have to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's do it. Let's make this happen. I'm down to tech Stacey James right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm down. I should do it. That's what day two of the draft? Where's the draft this year?
Speaker 1: Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Robs the draft Green Bay.
Speaker 2: It's a tough way to get to. Yeah, it isn't Green Bay.
Speaker 1: The draft Green Bay? Oh my god? What are we doing? All right?
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, this is why I should announce the sixty ninth pick, you know, for the New England Patriots this year. First off, our fans came up with the idea. Our Chillis fans of the week came up with this wonderful idea that I should be announcing this pick. So thank you guys for that. And now it boom, a light bulb went off. Why I should be announcing the sixty ninth pick. Well, first off, when we're in San Diego Jewels, when Bill made us go out to practice with just T shirts on and no names and numbers, well what did I do? I taped the number sixty nine on the back of my T shirt because I wanted to be number sixty nine, and Bill made me take that tape off right away or else I couldn't continue to practice. So that was one of my most sixty nine legendary moments in my career. And on top of it, I scored my sixty nine touchdown verse the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh, and Mike Reese's ESPN reporter asked me about it, and it became a big thing right after that game because that was my sixty nine touchdown, you know, in my career. So that was another cool moment that went, you know, pretty viral as well when I was on the Patriots that had to do with sixty nine. So Patriots, if you guys are smart Stacey James out there, please let me announce the sixty ninth pick of the draft this year, you guys hold that pick, it would just be legendary, not just for myself before all the fans out there. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I can I can see Rabel trading the pick just so we don't have it anymore. Yeah, just said you don't steal the thunder. Well you'll steal the thunder at that.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm very able. Would like that. He's bet Grock stealing the thunder once again with the Milligan Patriots.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever you do, I'm joking, whatever you do.
Speaker 2: Don't trade that pick. Don't trade it. Please, don't we need it.
Speaker 1: Let's jump into our next question from Kevin Emery eleven seven to seven Julian what did Bill Belichick say to you after you won a Super Bowl MVP? And did he treat you any different after you said you were a rookie. When you were a rookie, he wanted you to know who important veterans were, and I think you were one of those important vets. Afterwards, I don't remember Bill ever really saying Actually, I think Bill said something like it should have been Ryan Allen or something. He said the punter, thanks coach, Love you too. Next question from Paul Gray six to one zero zero. I have no idea how or why I'm watching Edelman at five am? What are they watching? Yeah, Jules' names or dudes on? Dudes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or is there something out there that you have out that's on a five am show? Jules? I mean, like, no, what is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe he's just surfing. He's just surfing the web. Rob, what are you watching five am?
Speaker 2: He must have that algorithm where he just watches you so much, Jules, even at five am. It just pops up on his phone around his TV or whatever he's watching on which it which is cool. Props to him watching the squirrel at five am? And what do I watch five am? I watched nothing at five am. Man, if I'm up at five am, I'm actually kind of pissed at myself for even being up, so I'm always trying to go back to sleep. I listened to meditation music actually at that time if I'm trying to, you know, get myself back to sleep.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I used to get up so early on Saturdays to watch the Saturday Morning cartoons. And before the Saturday Morning cartoons, if you were there like six or five, it was infomercials. And so I remember I used to watch the infomercial for Macintosh. They used to They were trying to sell email for the first time ever. Like people are like, wait, you could send a letter to someone in seconds in another country, right, Like what the fuck is this thing? And like it was like going through just like the work friendliness of like the Mac, the first Mac, Like oh look, if you double click right here, you can get into your email. I'm like, what the fuck is I watch that infomercial maybe twenty times is mac when I was a kid. So shout out to infomercials. Let's get back to our questions from the fans. Rob this one's you all right?
Speaker 2: From at Maulbyn Real Deep. Thanks for the fun show. It's the past few months y'all. Hey at Mulbyn Real Deep. Thank you for listening, thank you for tuning in, thank you for being a fan. We do it for you. We do it for all you guys out there that tune into us. And this sip right here for being one of the chillest Jews of the week. The sip is for you. Thank you to our fans.
Speaker 1: Jules, He's got a couple ideas for us on the other episode. For other episodes, number one Lady Dudes Sue Bird, Caitlin Clark, et cetera. One thousand lady dudes, because dudes not just a not a guy, A dude is everything. And then number two from my Mob and Real Deep Dudes in other sports, Lewis Hamilton, Kobe Tiger, et cetera. Enjoy the break, y'all, have a good time with the kiddos. Jewels that's Mob and Deep.
Speaker 2: Sor right, jeweles. I wasn't paying too much attention there because Ralphie was yelling at me because he's been quiet for the last two hours, letting me podcast with you. He's been laying there, but now it's his time to shine and he's yelling at me. So I think those are great ideas to have lady dudes and also dudes in other sports.
Speaker 1: Dudes, because of Ralphie, dog.
Speaker 2: Dudes would be really cool. We can turn on the dog channel, check them out. Check what three we want to talk about? Uh? What what our favorite dog is? What our favorite tricks are that these dogs are doing. So that's a great idea. Man, we gotta eventually do it. We will get there possibly, but you know, we'll take a sip to that again. Jules, cheer, cheers, lady dudes and dudes and other sports right now.
Speaker 1: Delicious, It is good. It is good. And that's been the chill is due to the weak things to our favorite beer, Cores Light, get Cores delivered straight to your door. Visit coreslight dot com, slash dudes celebrate responsibly and that's been another episode of dudes on dudes? What could we have done better?
Speaker 2: I was feeling a little sweaty this episode. I'm not really sure why, but after I sit my cors Light and drank a little bit of it and the show, I started feeling better. I started feeling loose, I chilled chilled out a little bit. So I'm gonna start sipping cors Light, you know, throughout the whole entire show from here on now. And I feel like I could perform better because I'm more lack some more chills. So that that's that's myself scout right there.
Speaker 1: You were sweaty. I almost get done watching Cops.
Speaker 2: I was sweating a little bit. I got a workout done earlier, and I'm kind of like inflamed from it a little bit because I, like I said, I'm getting back into it, you know, a routine. I was just like, I like a couple of hot flashes. But I'm telling you, ever since I took a sip of this something feeling great.
Speaker 1: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you listen to podcasts. Come in and dude you want us to do.
Speaker 2: Remember rate and review, and also remember to follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, Acts, TikTok, and snapchat. We will see you all next week.
Speaker 1: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts,