Speaker 1: Wake that answer in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, yeps mos dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club, Charlamage.
Speaker 3: The God just hilarious. We got a good brother in here right now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He goes on social media as Shaka bas what's the full name Shaka?
Speaker 1: My full name is Shakasha, I victorious. I m h'm the rest of name. So Shaka from Chakazulu. You heard about Shaka and then Asher twelve tribes at Israel, and then I victorious. I wasn't was a title given to me that I will be victorious so I would selling my mom. She set me up before I even started, like do good stuff.
Speaker 2: How long you been living up to your name? When did you say to yourself, I have to live up to this name.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been. I've been a warrior for a while, but kind of the wrong one because when I was a younger, like when I was sixteen, I joined the British military, so I went to war in Iraq. I did the warrior thing, but being a warrior for euro colonizer imperialism is not the warrior that Shakazulu was. I think actually living up to the name, like ten years I've been doing work now in Africa and the Caribbean, so ten years.
Speaker 2: That's why I wanted to have you up here, man, because I've been watching a lot of the work that you've been doing in the Congo, and you're like the only person I see, at least that I follow, who's like shining a light.
Speaker 3: On what's happening in the Congo.
Speaker 2: So first first, I want to ask you what is happening in the Congo and what made you what sparked you to have to go out there and like want to really put booths to the ground.
Speaker 1: I think you know, all of these devices that we see in front of us, they all have minerals in them, and those minerals are coming from the Congo. And the term smartphone was coined in nineteen ninety six at the same time, Congo is being invaded because of Cobo Kotan. Well from my various minerals that I needed in the tech industry, and I realized that we using these devices, we are a tacit complicit in this supply chain of suffering basically, and now you've got this whole You see the rhetoric. Everybody's like it's a green tech revolution, and everybody go green. But the green tech revolution has a Black African human cost because since this invasion of Congo, the major one was in nineteen ninety eight, there was six million people dead between ninety ninety eight and two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Three, and it started in ninety.
Speaker 1: Four with the Rwandan genocide, right thousand people, eight hundred thousand. But the thing about the Rwandan genocide that not so many people are speaking about, and I sent Winston Jukes some messages about it because he's now citizen of Rwanda, and we see that Kendrick went to go perform in Rwanda, is that the Rwandan genocide then led to a subsequent genocide of the Congo which has been going on and has not finished yet. And so Rwanda has been able to develop now basically being the client for their friends in Europe and the Middle East. So where people think, you know, it's fine, and that's the most progressive country in Africa, right next door there's a war and there's a genocide. And I've been in that war. So where it's almost like how you have Israel and Palisine now right, so you have this whole all right. Israel's very progressive and great healthcare and all of these things, and then right next door it's like super genocide and that's what's going on in Congo and has been going on in Congo because the world needs tech and most countries, in fact, all countries in the world do not have the same amount of minerals as Congo has. It's two point four million kilometers square. It if you stuck Congo in California, it would reach Texas. That's how big, right when they tell you how you know, they talk about Africa like it's a small continent just somewhere down there, just one country in Africa is half the size of North America, right, And so it's so big that the different superpowers have been dividing it up for many, many years, and obviously there's gonna be collaborators. You know. We say that, oh, king folk ain't skin folk or I think personally, or all skin folk ae kin folk, I think personally. The genocide that we're witnessing now is the greatest humanitarian crisis of our time.
Speaker 3: Six million people.
Speaker 1: Right, No, six million people between nineteen eight eight to two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Subsequently, since since then, there's been people dying every single day, every single month, every single week since then. So, like I've been working in Congo now for eight years, and just in the last two years that I've been working there, there's been hundreds of thousands of people have lost their lives. As well as these people losing their lives, there has been around another two million people displaced. So right now the population of Congo that is displaced is around seven and a half million. The population of the population of displaced people in Congo is nearly the same population of New York City. Wow, I put it into scale for you. It's kind of big.
Speaker 4: So you've been there eight years and you said that that has happened in the last two years. Would would you say is most challenging and helping the people, you know, since helping the people of Congo like obstacles d overcome.
Speaker 1: The fact that because it's black people, nobody cares. That's really so it's like where we see what was going on in Ukraine and the whole world has to speak about it. Where we see what is going on now in Palestine, and because of its relationship with Israel, and because of Israel's relationship with North America, everybody speaking about it. The fact that we can have nearly in the last twenty five years, nearly ten people, sorry, nearly ten million people dead. And it's not popular news, it's not taught in school. Is that's the most challenging thing. It's like this hidden thing. It's like this under the radar thing. And if I told you in North America or in Mexico or in Ukraine, that the population of New York was displaced, and when they're when I mean they're displaced, I mean they're living in a tent and the tent has been made from a plastic sheet and some woodsticks. They don't have running water, they don't have electricity, they don't have basic health care, they don't have hardly any food. So people are starving to death every day, like we see people dying every day. And if I was to if I was to drive you from where we are right now, fifty fifth Street, I think if I was to drive you from here down to where I was last night, eighth Street, and the whole way, you would just see people displaced. You'd be like, what is going on here? And people don't go there. That's the other thing is there is many people who speak about Congo now or more people speaking about Congo, they don't go. Like, as much as I love my brothers and sisters for speaking about it as well as speaking about it, go there and help out or figure out a way. Because the thing is that it's not necessarily that you need to go there and do something. Just go there and take your phone and show people what's going on, because get the word out. Because this if this phone, if these devices are created from the minerals from there, and we all have one, and we're all going to have the whatever's coming out, right, then why is it that you know, we speak about the Holocaust in Germany of the Nazis and we say never again, right, and that is drilled into us, into movies, into narratives and rhetoric. Right. Why has more people the most people in the world since the Cold War have died in Congo and the rest of the world is not speaking about it. So in the last fifty years, Congo's deaths have have have equated to more than all of the world wars and conflicts combined, Wow with Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, et cetera, et cetera. And we're not speaking about it because black African people, if these were white people if these were light skinned people. And the thing is is we have to be the ones that speak about it because it's only black people who are going to care the most about black people. If we don't care, then nothing's going to get spoken about. And I think that the problem with capitalism is it hides its deficits. Right. So, yeah, there's a green tech revolution and we might be able to do some carbon offsetting, right, but there's seven million, nearly eight million people displaced because of it. So it's like, do we want do we want that as a solution if we're gonna see in our time, we're going to see one of the biggest genocides and biggest displacements of people. So I think that's that's the biggest problem for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the other component to it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The other component is you have all of.
Speaker 2: These different countries who are benefiting for what's going on in the Congo, and people are not going to be willing to give up their technology sadly in this world. That's you know, we live in a capital society, but everything else is on capitalism. People are going to say, okay, yeah, we know those people are going through that, but you need laptops.
Speaker 3: No, but it's true.
Speaker 1: It's true. But at the same time, as as as we always say, you can get the minerals stop killing people, Like, why is it if you discovered gold you're from Baltimore, right, Imagine if there was there was a gold mine in Baltimore. Why does half the population in Baltimore now have to be displaced because of that gold mine. It seems like it's only Africa where resources are a curse. Everywhere else the resources is great. It's great to be used there. And at the same time, when we try and get these messages out, shout out to to Julie Meta at Instagram because she's helping me out. The accounts that speak about this the most of the most censored. Right, So like every single product within Instagram I basically can't use and I've used. I built a whole village in Congo, right, we care for around one hundred Offen children. But every single product I haven't been able to go live for seven months?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Right, subscriptions, No, can't send broadcast messages out, can't what other things? When people share my stories, it mentions this person has repeatedly posted false information. If you want to try and follow me. You don't follow me, but if you want to try and follow me, it's going to give you a warning before you follow me. And this is the same thing as from what I can see, this is the same thing as cointail pro is like silence black leaders, stop the rise of a black nation. And this is the third point of cointail pro. Stop the the communication of African Americans because of how much your GDP is worth and Africans on the content, stop that work together. Because if you look at New York, for instance, New York is a population of eight million, one point three trillion, right. If you look at you're from Carolina, right, Calina. If you look at Carolina and you look at the GDP of Carolina, I got it written down here. You look at the GDP of Carolina, and then I thought envy was going to be here as well. I combined the three GDPs of Carolina, Baltimore, and New York State. New York, New York State is twenty million people, and it's a it's a GDP of two trillion, right, and then when you look at when you add Baltimore to that, and you add Maryland to that, it's five hundred billion, right, and then if you add South Carolina to that and the GDP of Colombia, that's another three hundred billion. Right. The entire GDP of the entire continent of Africa, which is around one point four billion people, is two point seven trillion. So three states in America have the same GDP as the entire continent of Africa. And we know that Africa's resource reach, So then what is the system that's being set up? Because it's not just Congo, There's many countries that is happening in and so when we try and speak about this, we're always being censored. And I'm sure they'll work it out. Because if I wasn't able to use Instagram the way that I've used Instagram, then I wouldn't have been able to do the things that I've been able to do, Because why are you going to as white imperialist structures, Why are you going to elect somebody who's speaking about the same things that you're benefiting from. You're not going to do that. Yeah, but black people see me and they're like, well, we want to know about what's going on in Congo. We got phones, we want to know about this stuff. And so I would implore everybody. Years ago, I set up a charity called iHeart Africa because Congo is the heart shacker of Africa's right in the center of Africa. I set up this charity and since then we've cared for around around two hundred children for like eight years. But it's a drop in the ocean. And what I would say is is African Americans being involved in African business, African philanthropic efforts are not going to do it for nefarious reasons. They're going to do it because they see you see a little Congolese kid, You'd be like, that could be my kid, right, And that in itself is going to do something. Whereas when people are going there with this colonial mindset, they're going there as let's go and help these poor stuff in Africans at the same time as stealing diamonds, stealing gold, stealing coltan. Because the reality is it's not Africans that control this. Right now, they're out of the nineteen minds that mine Cootan in Congo, fifteen of them owned by Chinese. And I'm not going to come on here and talk about Chinese, but I am going to say that they are going to do for their own people first, and so we should do for our own people first. Because the other thing is I've seen Baltimore that is like poverty, like crazy. I'm not saying the whole of Baltimore, but I'm saying some of them stoops the.
Speaker 3: Wire.
Speaker 1: But there's no reason why with the port there that people should be so impoverished. Right And and this is what Marcus Garvey was trying to do with his black style liner. There should be a shipping company. There should be an airport that's black owned. There should be black owned commerce coming from Africa to the port in Baltimore, and vice versa. Trade should be done directly. Shouldn't have to do trade with the government that's going to steal from you anyway, because I mean, shit, if it's like if we if we get into talking about government, I I know that you guys sometimes have political people on here. Often at the same time as all of the things that I've just said are happening. It was funded by the US government, like they literally funded it and went in there and are protecting their interests, et cetera, et cetera. And we argue about this stuff often. Should you vote Republican should you vote Democrat. And it's like it's like we say in Rasta is like in fact, indigenous people say this, but rast of people say this as well. Is two wings of the same bird is still the same bird. And when we're giving these systems to vote on, we're not given an opportunity to actually create change. We're just given an opportunity to reinstate the same system with a blue or a red symbolism on it.
Speaker 2: And because throughout the world nothing changes, regardless of who is in the White House, their interests will be their interest right, regardless of it has an interest who is in that that that white House Republican, Democratic.
Speaker 1: But I'm speaking to Black America because because Black America is powerful enough to be able to make its own decisions for what it wants to do with its own destiny. And I mean, you see the exodus to Ghana right now, Like right now, me and my friends shout out to I don't even know if I can announce it. Yeah, but we're about to start building a city in Ghana, like a whole city amazing for the diaspora to go home to. And we were there like a few weeks ago and living nice like living nice.
Speaker 3: You've been to Ghana, yes, love it.
Speaker 1: Right right right and then and then imagine you don't experience any racism the whole time that you're there. Like if the police stop you, they're asking you how your day is. If the police stop you in America, you might catch a straight You.
Speaker 2: Don't know how it's gonna go based on what kind of day they're having, right right, right right.
Speaker 1: In Ghana, the police can't flex like that. In Ghana. I think the last time, I think a soldier shot somebody and shouldn't have shot that person. The people went out and dry demand to the street and killed him. You can't be doing that in Africa. The way that the way that things running the West is very different to the way that things run in Africa.
Speaker 2: And even if you steal, like you go to the markets and it's a word they yell out I can't remember, but if you steal, they yell out.
Speaker 1: This word yeah, and everybody will lich you, everybody beat you up. Don't don't be stealing, you know, yeah, or if you be stealing, don't get caught. And then we go back to the government. They get caught stealing, like this whole banking bailout. Thing that happened every It happens every eight years every time as a financial crisis. Like I saw. I was walking through New York a few days ago, and I saw not actually I just came from Jamaica, but the last time I was here a few weeks ago, I was walking through New York and I saw that American people are thirty four trillion in debt, Yeah, in debt to who who are you in debt to? And then you have to think about if you're thirty four trillion in debt because Africa is a cash system, as you know, here is a credit system, you're thirty four trillion dollars in debt, which means that you are spending money you don't have. Then who is doing that labor for you? Where is that being exported to? Obviously Africa, China, India, et cetera. And the reality is that where where there's like this, this this massive amount of censorship for speaking about the things that are real. The things that are I want to say that they're bullshit, But the things that I don't think we should speak about so much are, for instance, what is going to dominate the airwaves for the next month maybe is Kendrick versus Drake's right, who gives a shit?
Speaker 2: I just read an article on Rolling Stone and it was talking about how it's hard to care about the rat War when it's the real war going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was probably referring to Palaestinis. There's five million people just placed in Sudan. There's an ongoing conflict that's been financed by the West in Somalia. There are millillions of people displaced in Yemen, South Sudan, wars back and forth. We're looking at like we're looking at one of the biggest humanitarian crisis of our time in Central East Africa, and we are worried about who's got better borrows. And if you look at it, let's be honest, rap battles has just grown men spitting poetry to each other. Frankly Kendrick right, But it is it's like you make it sound so romantic. I mean, I mean, if you're taking the time to go back and forth and research somebody and write poetry about them, I mean, I don't know. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Listen, they say popping as sexy.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is is there's real wars going on. In the world. And I've been doing this work for nearly ten years now. I started when I left the military. I started doing boxing. Well, I was boxing in the military, but I was doing boxing to raise money to do these things. And I've been in war zones in Somalia, in Congo, real gunshots going off, real bombs. We had to evacuate kids and all kinds of stuff, right, Seeing bodies full of seeing trucks full of bodies. Right, my phone's not ringing, My phone's not ringing. So people are seeing. If I start rapping, but start rapping about all of a sudden, everybody's did like, you know about you know what's going on in Congo. And for me, I'm like, are we? Are we the black bourgeoisie, and are we the raccoons that our slave masters wanted us to be? Are we the house negroes?
Speaker 3: Or what is the black?
Speaker 1: So the black bourgeoisie is a class that's been created basically to run errands for white people. The black bourgeoisi class essentially are the black elites. They work for the powers that be to maintain the status quo, to maintain the order of what is going on. And if you look at the black bourgeoisie. They usually have everything to say and nothing changes. The most opinionated because they have the phones, they have the platforms, et cetera, et cetera. And I've been an activist for a long time, and so when I look at that class of people, I'm like, well, say talking shit, say whatever you want to say, but put some little money towards moving some of these things forward.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I say that all the time. And it's not a party thing. It don't matter. It's not conservative all liberoos.
Speaker 2: Just like these people talk talk, talk, talk so much about what needs to be done, but.
Speaker 3: What are they actually doing.
Speaker 1: I think personally that when a revolution happens, because I've been for a long time now a Pan African revolutionary, and I've been trying to make change, and I've been making change. I've been referring the highly celestic high school in Kingston, Jamaica. I just came from Jamaica. I've been refurbishing this high school, trying to get everybody within Rasta to unite under this banner of we need to do better for the kids. I built a school in Ghana. I created an agricultural development program in Somalia that was feeding three hundred thousand people at the same time we're doing this project in Congo. We built a village with twenty four houses and we now look after around two hundred people. Right, this is on me, one liquor me, just just a one man. If you start thinking about collectively what all of these people can do if they put their heads together. But it's egos. Everybody wants to be Moses. Oh I've got to have my own foundation. Oh I've got to have my own thing. And it's like if somebody says to you, now, all right, Jess, you've got to build a school, and you're gonna be like, okay, all right, how am I going to do this? If somebody says, Jess, there's one hundred people building the school, do you want to put in? Is yeah, put it right. Because the other thing is is if you spend you need to do the action as well. If you spend all of your time talking, when you're gonna get the action done. And that's what I say to my brothers and sisters who do a lot of talking. And I don't mean journalists and radio show hosts. I mean the black bourgeoisie who have this idea that they are the they are the voice for the people, They're the voice for the oppressed people. I'm like, you're the voice for the oppressed people, but what about the resources? Like what are you turning that voice into actual action or you're just saying that you're gonna go inspire people. I've actually I've lost a lot of friends along the way because they want me to speak speak speaks to speak, and I want to do do do do do? So that's why I do maybe, And I'm gonna come back on here and I'll do more interviews to give you guys updates. But I will do four years of work and then come and talk about it. Most people go and do four years of talking and do some little work. So it's like, okay, so where where is the factory that you promised or where is the business that you promise? It's not going to be there. And then so many, regardless of whether you like me or not or whatever I say, these things are happening. So I try and put shed a light on it. There's a sister, Amanda, Amanda Seals. She blocked me. A lot of people blocked me across the course of time. She blocked me because during the and the only reason I'm speaking about her is because people have told me that she talks about me on her Patreon and I don't even talk about her, right. But the reason why she blocked me is because in twenty twenty, during the election, the same year that my Instagram got shut down, right because for whatever reason, they didn't want me to speak to black people during that time. She was like, you need to tell everybody to vote for Biden. I was like, I ain't going to go and tell no black folks to vote for no white person. I ain't gonna go and do it. You can't say that you're an agent, you're a this, You're not a brother X Y and Z. I'm like, why am I? Why? Why are we black folk fighting over which white man is going to rule us? I agree, Why are we doing that?
Speaker 3: I don't know why why are we still doing that?
Speaker 2: I don't know why we're so beholden to any party, black conservative, black liberals.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, black nationalism. That's what Malcolm X is preaching. Put blackness first. Blocked me and then turns around and starts calling Joe Biden genocide Joe, And I'm like, well, I didn't tell nobody, no black folk to vote for no white folk in the first place. Have your own representation, because.
Speaker 3: You're not even telling people not to vote. You're saying, I'm not going to indorse.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, Because at the same time, not all white folk are bad, but white systems wherever they meet black people are terrible. Right, So we need our own systems. Not all, not all Arab people are bad, but Arab systems where they meet Africa it's terrible. No Chinese people are bad, but Chinese systems. You see what they're doing in Africa, buying up everything. You see the people in the Caribbean. It's the same thing. So it's like, I don't think that I don't think integration was the best idea. It might have been a good idea on paper, but you see what Martin Luther King said before he transitioned, before he was assassinated by the government by this government, he said, I've integrated my people into a burning building, right, And I say that two men or two women in a burning building should not stop to argue. So what we're arguing about, we need to just keep moving forward, like I learned Kei Swahili, so I can be able to speak to people in Congo because they don't speak English. That's how diligent I am. That's how much work I'm trying to do. And then you have people who are more concerned about rap battles, who's sleeping with who, and the culture, it seems, is just being dragged down into nothingness. Hip Hop used to mean something, right, and I've seen Omar Johnson speaking about this before. Hip hop used to mean something. And at the same time, it's been fifty years of hip hop. Now where is the hip hop University? Where is the hip hop factory? Where is the hip hop school? Where is the hip hop of Where is the hip hop offices for the elevation of young black and brown people in Baltimore, in New York, etc. It doesn't exist. But these men are so opinionated, and now women are so opinionated about arguing amongst each other and intellectually jousting with each other and like almost masturbating their ego all over the internet all of the time, and showing they are so involved in seeking white validation. They're so involved in and it's not just the hip hop, it's the athletes as well. It's the actors as well, and when I'm around them, right, So like a few years ago, I was around yeay, he invited me to the Drake and Him thing in yeah yeah, and I was there and I was like, why are all these white folks running around? Because He's like, I'm black, I'm black, I'm black, I'm black, and I'm getting I get it, you're black. But that was, of course, right, you see you see his girl, but then you see Drake's girl as well. I think Drake's was she was a porn star now, right, and she's white very much right, So why are we Why are we saying nigger all the time and talking about blackness all of the time and and speaking on blackness when you don't live that life.
Speaker 2: Well to your point about what hip hop can be. That's what Kendrick is saying right about Drake. And not only that, Kendrick is also saying, where's the substance? Right, what are you teaching your son? You're not teaching your son about any morals, any values and integrity. You're not teaching your son about what God is considered. I don't know if you've heard the record, but.
Speaker 3: I heard it. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that Drake should make I don't think he should.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I think it should be done by now. I don't I don't think you should come back.
Speaker 4: White Buzz put out another one as one and yeah, and Drake's not even writing it about the back well, yeah, Drake's.
Speaker 1: Not even writing it. But but the fact, but the fact of the matter is is that if these two men or some of the other people who are beefing the Future and Yay and Metro and all these people put their money together, they could easily build a whole hip hop institution in Nigeria and some of the best music in the world will come out of there.
Speaker 3: What do you say to people, because you know they are brothers like the Rick Rosses of the world, who are he.
Speaker 1: Blocked me as well?
Speaker 3: Really hang out?
Speaker 2: Why does so much entrepreneurship Ross hires so many black people, He creates a lot of He creates a lot of things for black people.
Speaker 3: As far as finance and finance is concerned.
Speaker 1: I think it needs to This is what I honestly think, brother. I think it needs to move abroad. It needs to move abroad to where we where we are found all over the earth. You can't just be going to Jamaica and be like, yo, Jamaica is nice. Jamaica is nice. Oh you know the food was good and I left Jamaica. Where's your hip hop school in Jamaica? Where is your make some shoes? Make a shoe at a sneaker company. Do something like I've been saying to people for years, and this is the difference between hard power and soft power. A lot of these people only have soft power. They don't really have They don't have it like that. They don't really have bank like that. They don't have money in the bank that is real money. They have credit, they have their name right and the way that most other groups are able to create wealth and generate values, they put their money together. They do group economics. Where we are now owned by white corporate media. We are now owned by contracts with different peoples. We don't actually have the power. It's like, all right, I'll sit with you and I'll talk with you for two hours about what we black folk need to do. But at the end of the day, my business managers white, not me, but speaking for them right right at the end of the day, I need to get a loan from Chase. At the end of the day, I need to get a loan from JP Morgan. Like I can't just say, do you know what, guys, I've got two hundred million, and where's yours and where's yours and where's yours and we're going to buy this block.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you can't build black systems with if you've got to go get the money from whites.
Speaker 1: Well, look at community redlining here in America, right if you come from a certain zip code, then you ain't going to get the job. You ain't going to get the loan. Why if you are, if you are our white imperialistic structural violence, why are you now going to give money to the people that you're oppressing. And look at this whole thing that's been going on for a few years now, since social media came about, with this whole ADOS FBA and then the African African kind of wars that's going on. It's a back and forth wars. And at the same time, the wars that have been happening here between the cribs and the bloods and the gangs and the different things. It's that you're fighting over a block that you don't own. It's called the black neighborhood, but black people just live there, we don't own it, right. And where you look at these all of these different groups fighting, whether it's you know, the Black Americans and the Black Africans, you will see that white folk now will pick often will pick Black Africans over Black African Americans or Black Americans because they want to continue to create that.
Speaker 2: Conflict British, especially in Hollywood, for roles and things that.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, And I'm not saying that Black British aren't amazing actors. They are amazing actors. But the fact of the matter is that your oppressor will always find devious ways to continue to keep you oppressed while trying to elevate other groups. So like for instance, Koreans, Jewish people China, these people will be all up in the hood, owning their own hood, owning our own areas, and they are the pretext, or they're the pre movement for the gentrification of these areas. Right. And at the same time we're sitting there saying, oh, well, you know, it's these Black Caribbeans that are you know, causing this conflict with with African Americans, or it's these black Africans and they're coming and they're taking our jobs. It's the same rhetoric as the racists use when they say about black people are coming and taking our jobs, et cetera, et cetera. But the reality is that there's very very few oppressors and there's a lot of oppressed people. And if the oppressed people start coming together, like my phone should be ringing off the hook, Yo, how we making My friend's got a gold mine in in Zambia, So why don't we invest in that? And why don't we be We be making millions of dollars each month in money from natural resources, but people are more in clinent to invest in shares in Apple. But yet the CEO of Apple is saying that there's no conflict minerals in their products. I've got an Apple product here, but I've seen the minds where the products come from, and there's children working in those minds. So if we're against child labor here, why are we not against child labor there? But black folk would rather be like, Hey, I'm going to put some investments in Nike. I'm want to put some investments in Apple I'm going to put some investments in Tesla. I'm going to get my money back at the.
Speaker 3: Same child labor, I mean all of those companies right right.
Speaker 1: But if you now Charlemagne and Jess have shares in a mind in Zimbabwe or in Zambia gold mine, and you're going to be going there to and from you'll be checking up and seeing that everything is above board and there's no kids working in that mine and people are able to earn a living wage. You're not just going to be like, yeah, well, because that's black folk. Whereas when you're like, all right, let me get shares in Tesla, you know, it's not your business. It's just you just hope you get a return on it. But at the same time, and this is what I always explain to people about primary, secondary, and tertiary economy. Not so many black folk owned primary economy. Primary economy is resources, It is agriculture, it is land right. Secondary economy is turning that those resources into something, is manufacturing, is making products. And then the tertiary economy is where we're so focused, where this whole rap battle exists, is goods and services and entertainment. How is it that we don't own the entertainment industry because we don't own enough agriculture, We don't own enough factories to be able to then have a flourishing entertainment industry that we own. You need to own. There's steps to being able to get to the top of this world domination, and we don't own it. Like where's the black military? Look at how many people here have been in the military, served in Iraq, served in Afghanistan, left the military, and a homeless on the street. But security company, a security industry is the biggest industry in Somalia. I don't know no black folks that are involved in that. Wow, I don't know no black folks that are involved in that. I was in the military and my training and the people that I know. If somebody came to me we have planned and came to me and said, hey, can you create as a security company in an African country? Were like, yeah, all right, cool, we'll do it. But the thing is, and this is the other thing about the black bourgeoisie and the gatekeepers, A lot of their gatekeepers are people who have interests in their own communities that are not our communities. Right, So a lot of most black folk that get to a certain level of wealth. They don't live in the hood, they don't go to the hood. They ain't going back there, they ain't doing anything there. And then when you see people like me, you see people like Rizzard Islam, you see people like Umar Johnson, you see people like nineteen Keys. You see groups of men who were like, hey, we're doing this, like we're trying to do this. Everybody's just like, yeah, let's try and watch this nigga Phil and they're just waiting. And then when they do, because nobody supports them, they're like, ha, I told you so. I told you not to trust black folk. And then you got Rick Ross. Rick Ross blocked me. The reason why he blocked me, he don't kill a bike a tr there too, brother, those brothers cool cool, cool, cool cool brothers. I really respect them. But he blocked me because I was like, yeah, but you was a probation officer and you were you were appropriating the story of Ricky Freeway, Ricky Freeway Ross, like who was the we have freeway Rick Ross? Who was the real coke dealer? And I was trolling him, so he has every right to block me, Like I'm not shouldn't have been trolling. This was like ten years ago or something, and I was just like, oh he was fair too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, but you should reach out to somebody like that and build like like I like the energy you're putting out ross, let me show you some other things.
Speaker 3: To put you could be invested in.
Speaker 1: But the other thing is this is over the years, I've reached out to many people, and most of the people when I ring them or when I message them, they leave that message. I'm seen. They ain't bother with that because they're trying to work out who's going to go to the met what is happening with the Grammys, what is happening with the Oscars, What white validation is going to come. I got a BET Award like four years ago, five years ago. I'm doing another one. BET. If you're watching this, I've got a BET Award. But the only reason why I wanted the award was to speak two black folk in a mass audience. I'll see Global Good Award for doing the work that I've been doing. And the same year Nipsey Post humorously got the a Humanitarian Award. And these these were the two awards for like doing good and whatever But I was sitting in this room and everybody was in this room, and I was like, there must be a billion in this room alone. This is like twenty nineteen. I was like, there must be a billion in this room alone. That money could be invested in something collective, a cooperative for people, and then we could use it to actually fix up hoods here. And I wanted to go and speak on the stage. They move my shit to the side stage and even air on the main thing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's the first year that they did that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The reason being, as I said about these same gatekeepers, is they don't want people like me who are not just mobilizers but organizers as well. They don't want us around us because they know that we can do for self. And I'm waiting for this tipping point where this genocide that's been going on in Congo for twenty five years it becomes like how it was in the seventies and in the eighties with South Africa, where everybody was like, we need to stop this shit. We need to stop it because we can't have these systems emerging where so many people are being subjugated by so few people. In Congo, so many people are being subjugated by so few people because there's no weapons factories in Congo, So how are they getting all these weapons? How are there so many people being murdered when there's no weapons factory. Well, the the the Bush administration and the Clinton administration was funding.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the same thing that happened in the hoods of America.
Speaker 1: Here, the same thing that happens in the hoods in Jamaica. It's like, we don't have no weapons factories. Why is it full of weapons. We don't make no drugs, we don't have no cocaine, no.
Speaker 3: Gun manufactures made in Harlem, right exactly?
Speaker 1: You know, Brown said, but but but then and then white folks speak about black people like, oh, they're just so violent. It's like, bro, look at your armies. What do you mean we're so violent? Yeah, we're going to be violent where you remove always like look at when here in America when they resources, they removed all the blue collar jobs. They filled the hoods with crack, and then they and then they killed all of our leaders. And then they said go on, then go and go and go and go and go and work it out. And where are we now today? Are we in a better situation. I know that you and you right now, whoever gets elected, you ain't got no hope for the hood being fixed, any of the hoods.
Speaker 3: Not path what I'm doing, not paths, what we're like, what we're attempting to do in our own communities.
Speaker 1: Right. But but what I'm saying is is these things should be done in a way that there is So for instance, it's a very basic thing. So I have a fruit company, and I've been sending fruit to every celebrity that you can think of and many people for years now, because.
Speaker 3: I mean send a shaka.
Speaker 4: Yeah oh you bought some, Yeah you better, thank you, thank you, just two pieces of I love it, but.
Speaker 1: One for me and my baby fruit. This is from Jamaica.
Speaker 3: Is a pair.
Speaker 1: This is East Indian mango.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you because I was like, I think you came me. It's kind of like Coco battering opportunities.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you got into that about the fruit because I want to ask you, what what can people do if they want to get involved, they want to get involved in the work that you're doing in the Congo. If they just want to get involved in what you got going on, that's for you.
Speaker 3: He's got it to you with a.
Speaker 2: History of indigenous slavery in Ghana from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century.
Speaker 1: Because that once you read that book, that's going to dispel all of the conversation all Africans sold Africans. First, It's like, yeah, they did, but not into chattle slavery. They weren't trying to sell Africans into what Europeans have done with Africans or what Arabs have done with Africans. It's just like how you have people. Some people in society is like have you got your blue check? Oh, you haven't got your blue check. You're not as high as me and society. There was a classism that existed in Africa where if you have, you know, if your family is not of noble blood or whatever, then you might just be a laborer all of your life. It was indentured servitude. There was indentured labor. There was indentured labor. But it wasn't you can't we're going to breed each children, We're gonna rape you, We're gonna you know, steal you babies, and we're gonna It wasn't that. It was just like you're a lower class, so you're gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Job, you know, so how can people get involved with what you do? In shock?
Speaker 1: I think somebody needs to fix my Instagram because I need to be able to speak to more people, right because like last month, I posted a video and it got forty million views, and now I'm posting a video and it's getting five thousand views. So that's that's being done. They can go to Iheartafrica dot org, which is our website for the charity when we launched this city, because we're going to launch this city very soon in Ghana. In Ghana, people and will have mortgages so people can actually because I know that a lot of Americans don't just have a spare two hundred three hundred thousand dollars there buy a house in Ghana, come and move home. Be part of this movement because everybody's going to have you been to go no? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 1: If you if you've ever been to Ghana and you've partied there at Christmas, it is fire. But people are leaving afterwards because they got to go back to a job that they don't like and live in a country in a house that they don't want to be in, and they're paying stupid rent, Like look at the cost of living here, and then you're liveing in some like you're living in a in a phone booth, you're living in a desk cubicle. But this is this is a studio apartment. You're paying two thousand and three thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: I am going to restart the Fruit Company because I had to put it on hold while I built this village in Congo. The I'm trying to make the village in Congo completely self sustainable so that the people there are able to produce soap, to produce furniture, produce things that can look after all the kids. Because when you're brought a child and both their parents have been killed, that's your child now, so you have to figure out a way to look after that kid. So that's what we've been doing there in Congo. But what I want to do, and this is maybe something that you could be involved in and you could be involved in. I want to restart the Black Panthers People's free food program and the Breakfast Club. I want to restart that. I want to restart that with because one of my friends, Colin Kaepernick, and there's a lot of good brothers out there as well, and good sisters who've helped me along the way. Colin Kaepernick is one of them. Lenny Kravitz is another one of them. Kyrie irving big support, Like he gave us one hundred k to the village. He didn't put it on Instagram, he didn't say anything. But we use that to build ten houses for people, right.
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: Kaepernick started the Your Rights Camp, Know Your Rights Camp, and they've been teaching kids their rights. But I think that we should be going further than that, and every single inner city school in North America should be able to get natural fruits and natural foods to kids before they get on that school problem program where they're about to eat some eggs and ham and some bread and some pizza and that's that food, and then we wonder why the kids are running around and being crazy.
Speaker 3: But we can definitely do that.
Speaker 2: I just started an initiative with the Food Bank NYC for the same reason. I wanted to do the same thing. We're the Breakfast Club. I wanted to start like a breakfast program, but you know, they feed hundreds of thousands of people, you know, a month at the Food Bank NYC dot org. So, I mean they would love to take donations of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Speaker 3: We can definitely do That's that's one thing.
Speaker 1: See people will be like, yo, I got my my ros Royce. That's a flex. They did take these videos and have them walking out of their cars and they'd be like, Oh, I got this outfit from so and so. That's a flex. A flex is feeding the kids.
Speaker 2: Especially if you can say I was responsible for one hundred thousand people eating, right.
Speaker 3: I like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: A flex is feeding the kids. There's a lot of kids that grew up in that Black Panthers Free People's free food program. Remember what adults right now who have done amazing things, but you ain't gonna pay attention or do what you're supposed to do. Starving and especially not just starving, we have to be eating foods that are compatible with our genotype. If we've got melanin right, and this is it has been become a buzzword. We're carbonated beans, right, we need the sun and we need natural fruits. We're like a plant, right. And if you are feeding this melanin with high froctose corn syrup, you're feeding this melanin with salt, and you're feeding this melanin with hydrogenated oils. You're not feeding the melanie, you're starving it. That's why people be looking cracky and not be looking healthy, looking crazy. But it's true. It's like people people be out here. What what what did I see the other day yesterday as Sukihanna broker tooth on a crab, boil a veneer. The fact that we even getting veneers, The fact that we are even why she ain't got no real tooth? Right, God gave you that right. We be out here praying every Sunday for salvation and giving our tithe to the pastor and doing all of these things right, and we disrespect what God gave us. Like God gave us teeth, God gave us eyes, God gave us our own black people hair, God gave us our own intelligence.
Speaker 3: And what do we do?
Speaker 1: We pray for a day that white Jesus is gonna come and save us. We pray for that day. At the same time as if you want to look at Christianity like Orthodox Christianity is in Ethiopia, how many Black Americans who call themselves Christians are trying to go to Ethiopia and learn about it. Ain't it's a colonization thing.
Speaker 2: You're giving that too much right now, the last time you're gonna Okay, I heeart Africa.
Speaker 1: IHeart Africa dot org. And people can come and follow my Instagram. But when people give us money, Shaka bar, but you're gonna have to type in the full thing and then you're gonna have to search for a post that has my name on it and then follow me and then there's gonna be a one shadow band for a long time.
Speaker 2: Port what Shaka is doing. He will be back here. Okay, iHeart that Africa dot or Shaka.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming, my brother.
Speaker 1: You enjoyed the man and we and we should try to feed as many kids as possible because that is our duty. If we want to if we want to speak about God, that we need to do God's work.
Speaker 2: I'm already in bed with Food Bank n YC. So let me let's do it all right, Shaka bars, y'all club.
Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club