Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Los Angeles Police Department has launched an investigation after an officer accidentally fired around from their personal rifle in a parking garage. Well, that's one way to remember where you parked. I thought it was G seven. No, it's definitely the one with a bullet hole. How you doing?
Speaker 3: So we just did a story on the news that maybe you didn't hear, and Joe made a joke about. We asked the question, would we be better off bringing back public hangings or not?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And we all had an enthusiastic yes, but we're just hangings. Were being snarky, although was I.
Speaker 1: Was I Pump pump pum. I think the cloaking the hiding of executions is a bad idea.
Speaker 3: Well, so are you trying to make an argument against executions.
Speaker 1: Or are you trying to make an argument in favor of public hangings? Michael, At some point he is going to understand that I am serious.
Speaker 3: It could take a while, so at the very least, though the reason I brought this back up. Is how different and that there has to be a result from this. You can't have a cultural shift this huge without it resulting in something either good or bad.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't that long ago. I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Broadcast from northern California and there's a town called Placerville that it used to be called Hangtown. And they still have a thing downtown where, whether that's kind of like got a plaque on it or whatever, is a California Historic something or other where they used to hang people.
Speaker 1: And I've talked to my kids about it before when we look out it. Yeah, they used to. They'd bring criminals out who deserved the death penalty and they'd hang them. They're never'd gather around and watch.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you clapped or danced or sang or cried or I don't know what people did dance.
Speaker 1: I'd rather not dance under any circumstances, particularly get a hanging put me in the news. I ain't dancing. But that's a major cultural shift from you watch a man being hung with your child two. We can't even imagine it, And of course it's gonna have a result. And what do you think the result has been well, the deterrent effect of execution is lost when I was as that's what I was driving toward. If it is so cloaked in secrecy and quiet, and you just see if you happen to be a Who's junkie a reference that the guy who you know raped and murdered three women has been executed thirty seven years after his crime. I mean that has zero to turn effect.
Speaker 3: I thought you were making the Paddi waste liberal argument that if we saw executions then we would understand how horrific they are and be against the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Need I show you my panti free waste, sir.
Speaker 3: This is our favorite sitcom from the seventies, hanging clip.
Speaker 4: You see, in this country, we're very proud to have a process known as the law, and under the law, a man is presumed innocent until.
Speaker 1: He's proven guilty. Sure, Dad, right, Dad?
Speaker 4: In other words, we don't hang anybody without a fair trial.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: Sure, but sometimes we tend to forget. Well, I'm glad you understand. I'll see you kids later. I have to go shopping with you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, mom's a beard. And by the way, shopping with your mother is a fate worse and hanging. Mike Brady knew that sometimes the hanging was justified. Maybe it's odd that that conversation in a sitcom was seemed normal in the seventies and now strikes us as ridiculous than a sitcom. You'd have dad sit the kids down and say, you know, we don't hang a man. And let's say, sure, dad, right, Dad, I've got to go shopping your mother after this quick hanging discussion, Right after a quick reference to hanging a man by the neck until death, my eight year old lad, Now you go play in the backyard and I'm off to shop with your mother in the town I live in, Most kids that age would just sit there, wide eyed, crying, sobbing themselves asleep. If you had that conversation, yeah, yeah, I see you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I see it as more of the deterrent advantage as well. I guess it is ultimately just a crime and punishment. Just like you do things, bad things happened to you.
Speaker 1: There's a result to live in a life of crime. Here it is look at that guy dangling, still twitching. Yeah, I have a lot of ambivalence about the death penalty. Honestly, I just there are certain you remember we used to have the Armstrong and what gold mine? What he was that you wouldn't you jumpers, claim jumpers, horse thieves and claim jumpers. Hang them all right, maybe hang them outside the claim jumper then we can all go in for lunch reasonably priced and delicious. I have a lot of ambivalence about the death penalty in general, just the idea of the government being able to take somebody's life. But when you get oh that's right, I was going to bring up the Armstrong and get a super guilty doctrine where I mean, just somebody like the guy who set fire to those people in Boulder. He's admitting it.
Speaker 3: He would he would be screaming, I'd like to kill more Jews as the noose tightened around his neck.
Speaker 1: And his crimes were so completely horrific and the ear, you know, irredeemable. He's suitable for a hand process. That's what I say. We saw it on television, we've all seen it. Well, maybe we can come to a middle ground on that one. But yeah, I just here, here's here's a serious point, and I mean thish straight from a taker. The post w W two era of peace and prosperity. Some of the Cold War stuff, notwithstanding, uh lulled us into becoming a very gentle, very soft, tolerant to the point of foolishness society. I mean tolerant to the point of we didn't lock our doors and we live in the most dangerous neighborhood in the city. Millions of people flooding across the borders, you know, criminal gangs, crime rampant progressives who hold bizarre Marxist beliefs. Well, some some understand what they're doing, but some have. The argument from the marx is that we ought to turn all the criminals loose because it's not their fault the criminals. Oh, that reminds me. I've got a really interesting study of criminality coming up. Anyway, the era of that softness is ending, and it's going to be ending in ways that are a little tough to take, whether it is the growing threat of homegrown or import Islamists who are willing to murder Jews or anybody who sympathizes with them, Chinese agents, saboteurs, you know, the threat from China our whole No, these they're just Chinese students and researchers. There are hundreds of thousands of them, and anybody who has any suspicion of them is a racist. As we wake up to those realities, and that's just two of them, it's it's going to be unpleasant coming out, coming out of our softness. Yeah. But like so I was just thinking about this.
Speaker 3: So people used to go, and it wasn't that long ago, you go watch somebody be executed. I've told this story many times. I was in a relationship with a woman who for their grade school field trip in a little town in Nebraska, they walked down to the butcher shop. The guy walked a steer in, shot it in front of the kids with a rifle, then cut it up to show them about like where meat comes from.
Speaker 1: Right. That happens a million times after the guy who just unleashed that screen ninety seconds ago. I'm saying, holy crap. So my thought was the people that went that was not nineteen thirty two, No, that would have been I'm guessing roughly late seventies. Okay, So.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking the people that in grade school saw a steer shot in front of them or hanging damn whooping golf? How many of those kids were suffering from anxiety or we're having panic attacks or you know, couldn't couldn't go outside today because just people were too scary.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking very many. Yeah, so it didn't like we feel like we're shielding ourselves from these troubling things that would cause you nightmares, but we're getting the reverse result people. I don't care that anxious correlation or causation honestly.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm going to figure it out today. I'm gonna go down to the grade school and I go shoot a number of animals right in front of the children.
Speaker 1: Let's start. Yeah, now that might be microplastics, that's calls on all this. I don't know. I suspect it's environmental, like you're talking. I'm sorry, like psychology. No, well you could, obviously you could be right, But it's not a stretch to think that everybody that is everybody being shielded from all the difficulties of life or the reality of life and death are all kinds of different. You know, you can't play in the no monkey bars so you don't get scared. You don't no hangs, shooting steers, none of them, but everything in between vastly reduced employment among teenagers, so of course, with that crowd, just like everyday life, is horrifyingly scary. One of the smartest things I've ever heard on this topic is you can't possibly become a confident adult unless you've been lost and found your way back twice. And we don't let our kids do that anymore. Wow, shot a steer in front of grade schoolers, son of a Where do you think meat comes from? You?
Speaker 3: Panty waste? What does panty waste mean? Means you you're wearing panties. You're there for a girl. Therefore your week not a very good term.
Speaker 1: Then it's fine? Uh, could we like work up to the whole, you know, popping a cap and the steers dome? Could we just maybe watch a butcher cut aside of beef out already dead right exactly, and the kids who have in particular interest in animal husbandry could perhaps go to the advanced class. Yes, Michael, that reminds me of the Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 5: I say no, exactly exactly. The bus comes to stop, that god old farmer shoots the cow. The kids in the bus exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh what were we talking about? This one got into the onion patch.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to my topic about men and friends and a bunch of other stuff, so stay tuned.
Speaker 6: The FDA recalling potentially deadly tomatoes sold in three states. The tomatoes possibly contaminated with salmonella sold in Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The FDA says the tomatoes were packaged under the name H and C Farms label.
Speaker 1: No deaths or illnesses have been reported.
Speaker 3: I saw on the label or on the news that it was a level one concern, So oh.
Speaker 1: No or oh right? Exactly what's the concern scale? Does anybody know it? Oh? Speaking of which, we mentioned it earlier today. But it seems infinitely clear now that University of Michigan researcher, Chinese national and his wife smuggled in deadly well not well deadly. I was incredibly injurious pathological funguses into the US that appeared to be a known agro terrorism agent that could decimate billions and billions of dollars worth of crops.
Speaker 3: She's a known Communist Party member as a researcher here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's her boyfriend. I'm sorry, who was the researcher? Yeah, but he brought it in and was working with her. He lied about bringing it in. They figured out he was lying, She claimed she didn't know anything about it. Then they came up with emails and texts showing that they'd been discussing it. So yeah, in speaking of threats to the homeland, it is now undeniable. And everybody's talking about how the Ukrainian breakthrough attack on Russia with all the drones and the trucks and the rest of it. Although it was not quite as devastating as Ukraine was originally claiming, it was still quite quite notable, and everybody agrees. As the editorial board at the Wall Street Journal says, Ukraine's drone strike is a warning for the US. The American homeland is also vulnerable to drone and missile attacks, as is everywhere on Earth. Another headline I thought was at least worth touching on or referring to the incredibly just dis shockingly hypocritical Democrats who are celebrating the fact that Elon Musk is criticizing the Big Beautiful Bill. He called it a slight misstep, Jack was that the phraser What if he called it an incorrigible abomination? Disgusting abomination. Yes, he called the big beautiful bill of discussing abomination. Speaking of the Wall Street Journal editorial board, they make a pretty good point. Who's pork do you mean? Elon? Elon, in criticizing the bill, says, quote, this massive, outrageous, pork filled congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination. He's right. Shame on those of you who voted for it. You know you did wrong. You know it pork filled spending bill? Asks the Journal, what else is new when they go into you know the fact that it always is, there's some good stuff. There could be some better stuff. They're working on the bill, And yes it does overspend, but it also ends most of the inflation reduction acts, green energy subsidies. Ah, but mister Musk doesn't want to eliminate that pork quote. There's no change to tax incentives for oil and gas. Just ev andslar, he said on x dot com last week, retweeting another user post that said slashing solar energy credits is unjust. But what's more unjust is the damage that has done to people's lives during storms and blackouts, because ultimately, you can't replace a human life. Well, that. But this is what's always so crazy about the Elon Musk thing, and then people's views of him. He is a big climate change is an existential threat guy, always has been. That's why he started an electric car company. And then lefties turns against him because he likes Trump and right wingers embraced him. He's still climate change is the biggest threat. Wants electric cars guy. I mean, just you know, pick the things you believe in, but you just can't keep switching around. You love him, you hate him, you love him, you hate him, even though he still agrees with you. A final note on this, mister Musk is parroting the climate lobby's specious claim the tax breaks like depreciation that are available to all manufacturers are really a special benefit for the oil and gas industry. But it's rich that he is denouncing the House bill for not cutting spending enough. Well, he is also fuming that it kills green energy tax credits. Is if they are a matter of life and death for well, he believes it's a matter of life and death for human beings. Though that's why he started the company in the first place. So I mean, he's must to blast us to Mars for when the planet melts. Yeah, exactly. He's an idea log on climate change which everybody on the right conveniently forgot or the left when they decided to. That's why I got flipped off again yesterday in my cyber truck. Almost daily do I get either flipped off, thumbs down, or booed in my cyber truck. It's hilarious. I'm sure. Well, it might happen anywhere. I was gonna say it might be because of where I live.
Speaker 3: But if I lived in the Midwest, it'd just be because it's an electric car.
Speaker 1: You've got to have a line to yell at them or say to them, roll down your window and say, Elon Musk has done more for the environment than anyone else in America with his electric car company. See what they say, which is pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Arguably, Yeah, he's done more for electric cars than anybody in the world probably.
Speaker 1: And then when they say, you know, you make an interesting point first, right, Oh, that is illegal, folks, You can't do that. Don't do that. That was merely a joke from old uncle Joe.
Speaker 3: I can't tease the same story for the fiftieth time, can I.
Speaker 1: I'll finally get to it.
Speaker 3: Is there a crisis with friendship and males in this country?
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So I got this new talkback feature that we're gonna try and we're we're we're in the we're in the the what do they call it, the beta phase of figuring out how we're gonna utilize this on the show or whatever. And I threw out the first question to try this out to somebody. This is somebody called in and then we record them or whatever, because we stopped taking calls years ago for a variety of reasons that listeners would know. Uh, So I threw out the question of what do you like about the Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 4: Hey, you could be the first call it, Hitler, Muslim extreamist.
Speaker 1: That's good stuff. So hey, you can be the first so solid.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't need to hear twice. So so we're off to a good start. And I again, do we need to reiterate why we stopped taking calls? But apparently this is some more on the question of what do you like about the Armstrong and Giddy show.
Speaker 1: You are my favorite people. You make me laugh in the morning when I'm taking the train to work.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being you. I do have to agree. Joe's looks are rough, but then again, he has beautiful hair. Why do you lie? Is it your greed? The best part of Armstrong and Giddy is Katie, And when she was gone for a week, that was like a void. I couldn't believe.
Speaker 7: You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me bad, But in the end you make the first three or four hours of my day at least a good informative.
Speaker 1: These guys have a good one. What do I like about the Armstrong and Gutty show. I like the fact that you don't take calls. We'll see how this little experiment goes. But I'm not optimistic, neither of I. Now, don't let your meat loaf, don't let your hot dogs stand, don't let your wristwatch. Okay, that made me incredibly uncomfortable? Me too? Why Why did that make me so? Did you asked that question? All right, we have tomorrow you come up with the question. We'll try it again. Better than not.
Speaker 3: So, I just wanted something I knew people to respond to, to get the first one.
Speaker 1: So this was in the New York Times the other day.
Speaker 3: It was an opinion piece, but a lot of fact built into it. The question was American men are getting worse at maintaining friendships. I think, have I actually heard this before? Have I heard just heard people in real life mention it to me? Anyway, American men are geting worse at maintaining friendships. Is it a lack of time or energy? Or is it something else? And then getting into some of the details that this person writes, what I didn't know is that American men are getting significantly worse at friendship. A study in twenty twenty four by the Survey Center on American Life found that only a quarter of men reported having six or more close friends.
Speaker 1: That seems like a lot to me. Pulling a similar question in nineteen ninety, Gallup had put this figure at over half of men had six or more close friends. The same Survey Center found that seventeen percent of men had zero close friends. That was a fivefold increase from nineteen ninety. The zero crowd went from well, it increased five times. Yeah, probably roughly three to seventeen. It's awful. I agree, six seems like a lot, but yeah, zero is too few.
Speaker 3: The lack of intimacy among male friends may seem normal because it's what we're accustomed to, but it isn't. Until the twentieth century, it was not uncommon for men in this country to openly hold hands, sit on each other's laps in public party anyway.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, Wait a minute, Yeah, that happened all the time. Wait a minute. I don't know if I believe this.
Speaker 3: Until the twentieth century, it was not uncommon for men in this country to openly hold hands, sit on each other laps in public parts, and write each other passionate platonic love letters. You know, my desire to befriend you is everlasting. Abraham Lincoln, I have wrote to his friend Joshua Speed. Yeah, blah blah blah. Herman Melville, who wrote Moby Dick, once wrote to yes, Katie, you already have a comment.
Speaker 1: I can tell.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna say, if this is true, you guys should bring that.
Speaker 1: Back each other's thing I've ever heard in my life kill me? Oh my god, so is it.
Speaker 3: Herman Melville once wrote Toathaniel Hawthorne, what's he famous for?
Speaker 1: Red Badge of Courage? Not Stephen Crane? What Hawthorne? Anyway? The Scarlet Letter might be crane.
Speaker 3: Two famous authors from the eighteen hundreds. Melville wrote to Hawthorn that Hawthorne's heart beat in my ribs and mine and yours, and describe their friendship as an friendship as an infinite fraternity of feeling. That is not the sort of thing I would write to a friend of the yo you see? That game last night would be closer to it. Can I sit on your lap in the park?
Speaker 1: Hey, when we played golf, that was an infinite what did you say? Fraternity of feeling? Yeah? Today, dude, it was fun. Thanks for writing. I gotta know this, Katie. Who's Nathaniel Hawthorne? What did he write? Scarlet letter? Scarlet letter? Joe's right congratulates got it? Yes, today we may see these gestures as homo erotic, but men at the time, I'm gay and straight talk to one another in this way. I don't know that we have to go back to holding hands as we walk down the street or sitting on each other's laps. But I don't, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't even see grown women sitting on each other's laps, So it's not a male thing.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that is there? A lack of seating back in the day. Was that what was going on?
Speaker 8: You absolutely do see women sitting on each other's laps, you do, yeah, oh yeah all the time? Not bars, concerts, Okay, absolutely, if there's only one chair.
Speaker 1: Did they ever accidentally kiss? Yes, all the time. It is crazy how it happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, Well say, I guess I'm wrong about that, all right. I kill don't know if that's got much to do with the friendship thing.
Speaker 1: Something tells me there's a greater point here beyond the lap sitting and handholding though, right, well so so for the I have a bunch of questions.
Speaker 3: Define good friend, close friend? I feel like I need a definition on that. Oh, I think we all have one in our heads, don't we. Beyond a companion, you do stuff.
Speaker 1: With, you talk about your lives and ups and downs in a sincere way. If you have to call on them to help you, even if it is inconvenient, expensive, or difficult, they'll come through for you. You know, how often you need to talk to them to qualify depends. I suppose you know it's funny this should come up. I missed the last hour of the show yesterday, an unexcused absence, which will go on my permanent record. But I had the opportunity to reconnect with a friend who I had not seen in far too long, and because of his travel schedule and all, and I had to like go where he was. That something had to give, and so I miss an hour of the show, which I never would have done for years and years and years. But I because, partly because I'm a little obsessive about this job, I have not prioritized friendships and it has left me a less happy person. So it's funny that this should come up today. Hmm. Do you think that's what people are doing? Men are doing They're working too much, have friends or other entertainment is always there. It's the same thing that keeps guys from going out and finding a girlfriend and you know, actually having delightful physical relations. They're so entertained they're on their couch, they don't bother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's that's kind of where I was going, is just thinking. It's probably the same phenomenon of not needing to date or have sex. I mean, if you can overcome the strongest desire that all beasts have to have sex, then you can certainly give up, you know, hanging out with another dude now and then and talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, for.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is that you're doing instead, which I assume is I don't know, video games, porn, hanging out.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but yeah, porn, video games. I think it all is under the awful, evil umbrella of disconnectedness. I've got another big fat article that I've got in my queue to read about. You know that topic again. I mean, it's just undeniably at the root of so much that's going on right now in human society, particularly the Western world. Again, and we made this point many times. Forgive us if you've heard it before, but the idea that catastrophic plunges in the birth rate are merely interesting is that would not apply if there were any beast on Earth that had a catastrophic drop in its birthlf. Remember when scientists would be obsessed with it. Remember we were getting so many news stories about bees because bees might go away? How about human beings going away? That seems like they these jack Ooh yeah, so I stupid. I'm ashamed of that.
Speaker 6: I had.
Speaker 3: I had my guard up a little bit and still do for it. Just being a there's something wrong with men story When it's Homo sapiens, Clearly there's something wrong with human beings. We're not getting together at all. So turning to turn it into a why why are men so worried about sitting, you know, being seen holding hands that they don't have friends anymore? Just I feel like they're going for an angle there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a particularly New York Times Ish guys really ought to be able to hold hands and maybe kiss and stuff like that, because you know, traditional masculinity is stupid. It had a bit of a feel right field, and that's why you don't have friends anymore because you're too homophobic. Yeah, right, somehow that isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I noticed that. It's different than it was decades ago, like nineteen ninety. I was a twenty five year old in nineteen ninety, so I don't know. It's either a crisis or it's not well. But again, there is a crisis that people. People in general don't hang out with other people period. So don't try to make it a there's something wrong with men's story.
Speaker 1: No, in my mind, no, no, I think it's uh, the Canary and the coal Mine or the the owl or something. I don't know, but because women have so much stronger generally speaking, so much stronger in urge to build coalitions and social groups than men do. And it's it's different. I think you're seeing it first among men, especially because and it's funny we're talking about this in the context of the Democratic Party trying to understand why they've lost young men and how masculinity and traditional roles have been demonized, especially on the progressive left. Yeah, the things that brought men together traditionally for years and years. And it's funny the New York Times should suddenly be enamored with traditional male roles and the way males acted. A lot of that's gone. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One note before we take a break is just I was thinking at the gym, because everybody where is this. I'm sure this is true for you, Katie, the gym you go to, but everybody wears earbuds, so everybody's got earbuds in. And I go to the gym every single day, and I was just sitting there with my earbuds listening to a podcast, sitting there in between sets the other day thinking I have been going to the same gym with the same people oftentimes for what nine months now, I don't know anybody's name. I've never spoken a word to any of these people. You go back pre wearing earpieces. I think I would know everybody in here, just because you couldn't help it. I mean, you couldn't help being in the same room with all those people in silence, or maybe with a jam box playing in the corner, that you wouldn't have started hot to day. And yeah, I know, I was supposed to go golfing with some friends, but I got and they've got conversation starts and now you.
Speaker 1: Know, we play, Yeah, and then something happens. Yeah, and you get to know her and everybody know, but now nobody. I have never said a word to a single person at my gym. Maybe are you dog? The other day and our neighbor came out with her dog and I shouted a happy greeting, intending to converse that she had the earbuds going, and yeah, yeah, yeah, which I do all the time. I'm not faulting her.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, yeah, it works both ways. But anytime I tried to say something like are you done here or whatever, it's they always gotta pause their device. And what was that, so, yeah, that might have something to do with it. We will finish strong next talking about friendship and whether there's a crisis in man among friendship or whatever.
Speaker 1: If you didn't hear it, get the podcast.
Speaker 3: But Jack and Joe, Katie is right. Girls will absolutely sit on each other's laps. We will also sleep in the same bed for girls trips. According to my husband, he would never would men share a bed ever, which I really do understand. This may be part of why guys are losing good friendships because we won't sleep in the same bed. Can we get Why would we get one king when we can get two queen's in a hotel room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you're bike curious, that's just it non starter. I was talking to my wife about this because she will do you know, girls' trips, quilting retreats, whatever, and they'll, you know, if necessary for a limited you know whatever, it's a share a bed. And I'm like, no, no, I'm sleeping on the floor. And Judy's like, come on, I'm like no, seriously, Yeah, throw me a pillow. I'm on the floor. Oh yeah, absolutely, I'd sleep on the floor. Yeah.
Speaker 8: See the sharing a bed thing I did maybe in my twenties, but now I'm on.
Speaker 1: The floor as a grown woman. Yeah, because on the floor, or did I share a bed with my friend? Why won't you anymore? I just in my personal space. I value it too much. I don't know. It's weird, you know, is it homophobia to not want to be in the same because you know, if it's a big bed, we're not going to touch each other. And I well, I questioned the term homophobia, but I see what you're driving at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does make a man uncomfortable about that?
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it, But I mean because back in the day, you know, they were talking about men sitting at each other's laughs and holding hands and the rest of it. But unquestionably you would share a bed, yeah, in a hotel, you know. On the legal circuit, you know, there are various gay activists who were trying to pitch the idea that Lincoln was gay because he shared a bed with other lawyers on the circle. But no, that was just what dom did. Yeah. Well, my dad grew up seven kids, and all the boys would sleep in one bed and all the girls would sleep in another bed. It was just the way you had to do things. Yeah, Yeah, anyway, that is interesting though, I don't even know myself why I don't want to do that. It's not like I'm afraid I'm gonna all of a sudden turn gay or they're going to turn gay or anything. You know. Well, no, so what is that I don't wanna That's why dud don't cyclelo psycho analyze me. I just don't want to.
Speaker 6: And now final faults with Armstrong and getting engage.
Speaker 1: You know it's I got a good story about that. I'll save for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh point, the one time I did share a bed because it was freezing and what happened. That'll be the one More Thing podcast. Here's your host for final.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, Joe get I'm busy that day. All right, let's get a final thought from everybody on the show to wrap things up for the day. There he is Michaelangelo or technical director Michael lead us Off. If you got you gotta watch the movie Planes, Trains and Automobile. Steve Martin and John Candy share a bed in that movie, and it's quite funny. It is funny. Those aren't pillows famous punchline, right, those aren't pillows? Yes, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, what's your final thought?
Speaker 8: Well, today is my wonderful husband's birthday. Happy birthday, Drew.
Speaker 1: Father's Jackie final thought for us, Yes, my son passed his swimming test in boy Scouts last night, so at the camps he gets to participate in all the swimming stuff. If you don't pass your swimming test, you go to the camps and you stand and watch people do the swimming stuff, which will have sucked hard. So glad that happened. So final thought is to anybody else who's done a major house remodel in the last several years. It started with them. There seems to be a lot of water penetration here. Who there's rot. Wait a minute, there's signs of termites. Blah blah blah. I think I'm going to be living in a hole in the ground by the time we're done with this. It looks like somebody around me here. At one point, Armstrong and Getty wraping up another grueling four hour workday, and rats, so many rats, so many people who thanks a little time a good Armstrong you, Getty dot com. Any pleasures await you there, friends, We will see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and Ghetty. I will not sugarcoat this. This is disappointing day for us. I expected more the ketchup of journalism with the mustard of undercover work, but there's no freaking burger. This is insane. So I'm going to get some cheeks after disciss. Really, but you have to pay attention to the cries that people have. It's true. What now, I haven't said a word, so stop yelling at me. Okay, thank you all very much. Armstrong and Getty