Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg Tatchena Dari, gotcha, what are looking at?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at a tree off tech stocks today, and we'll kick it off with Nvidia, which is up about two percent, recovering or one point five rather recovering nicely from that sell of yesterday. But the important news that crossed earlier today was that Chinese regulators have blocked by Dance from using nvideo chips and new data centers in a recent months. And that's important because this company bought more Nvidian chips than any other Chinese company in twenty twenty five, the Information reports, and it signals a tougher stance for China at the time when officials are still discussing whether to ease those restrictions that the CEO has really really a lot bit for. So this is not bothering the market today and now, because we know Nvidia has more demand they then supply at this point. But it remains a lingering question for this stock longer term. What do we do when the world's most valuable company cannot access one of the largest markets out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it seems like though the Greenland screen shows that you know, Mark is not bothered by this today, right, let's talk about Greenland screen.
Speaker 1: Speaking of talk to us about Dell. What's going on.
Speaker 3: There Dell Technology. The struck is up five percent year tickers d E, l L, and they bring more positive news for the AI story. The company boosted its a full year forecast for shipments of its AI servers. These service are needed to support the current data center boom in the country, so it's a strong signal of demand for the AI story, particularly as this comes after just last month Dell roughly doubled its growth estimates in sales and profit for the next two years, so very very strong fundamentals there. On the cost side, they also bring good news in their operating margin, which has come at twelve point four period above estimates of eleven point two. And the company certainly could use some good news at this point as it has suffered quite the blow in the latest attach route. It's here today. Gain Now has been trimmed to about fourteen percent. In October, it was as high as nearly fifty.
Speaker 2: Rich go all the wealthy people in the world Bloomberg calculates their wealth. Nobody has a better analysis of personal wealth than rich go on Bloomberg. Michael Dell number nine, one hundred and fifty five point five billion dollars. It's been a good year for mister Dell's wealth, up thirty two billion dollars. Pretty solid, good for him. HPE Hewlett Packard Enterprises Hewlett Packard.
Speaker 3: The shares are about flat now, they've given up those earlier gains from this morning. There's a little bit of a mixed news coming from this company. Last night it announced a cloud contract with the Defense Department, which is technically good news, but it's also announcing a sweeping restructuring plan to eliminate about ten percent of its workforce globally as it's using AI to boost efficiency. And this is interesting because first we talk a lot about the downs with AI. Are company seeing value, yes or no? But at the same time we see people or companies rather cutting jobs, and the market is not taking this easily. The first reaction is always to see a stock decline and then the sort of the stock recovers as we realize this is ultimately a margin profit booster. But at the same time, I think it speaks to the question, what do we do when our labor market will be heavily impacted by more.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying it when people tell me, oh, it's not going to impact the label. I think it's impacted big time, negatively across many industries, if not all industurers.
Speaker 1: I say the Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.