Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, October ninth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me your man, MG, Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. We could probably all use a nap here. We are staring down the barrel of week six. We get ready for pretty much hitting me one third mark of the season and the Lakwan. So far, how has your fantasy season gone?
Speaker 2: I think my shirt kind of explains it for just everything. Just I'm slowly backing away from this season because it's getting spooky out here, man, Like the injuries just need to stop that. Like I'm trying to catch up, but I just.
Speaker 3: Can't hit it. It just is what it is. Any better for you?
Speaker 4: Uh No, this is one of my worst seasons in a while, I would say, but I'm it's so bad that like I'm looking at teams where I'm sitting at like around five hundred, and I'm like, all right, well we survived, like not having a j Brown, Like maybe now we could go on a run.
Speaker 3: Like It's that it's been a dumpster fire for me so far.
Speaker 1: If I've got you know, two wins, then I'm feeling pretty good about that team.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just I'm trying not to go fully defeated in a couple of leagues. I think I'm gonna be okay there. Regard, we have a plan to talk about. We will dive through the Week six Slate also give you some fantasy hot takes for the week, but let's start with a couple of fantasy headlines. In New Orleans, Derek Carr expected to miss multiple weeks with an oblique injury. He suffered that on Monday against the Kansas City Chiefs. So Florio how much now? Not knowing exactly who the quarterback's gonna be. Will it be Jake Hayner, will it be Spencer Rattler, We're not sure yet. How much do we downgrade guys like Krystal Lave, Rashichah, et cetera.
Speaker 4: The timing of this is awful because it is a really good matchup.
Speaker 3: Against the Bucks.
Speaker 4: I think that matchup alone keeps Chris Olave in play for a lot of people because you would anticipate that he still gets enough volume.
Speaker 1: Although he has not.
Speaker 4: Really up to the lofty expectations that we had for him, or some people had for him coming into the season, like Rashid, Shaheed is a really fun player. He's someone that when Derek Carr is healthy, I think you can start.
Speaker 1: But with a backup quarterback, I would play.
Speaker 4: It safe this week and get away from him. We already know Shahid is very boom or bust. He's relying on big plays, and without Derek Carr, you have to at least imagine that those big play opportunities are going to decrease. So I think you could probably still start a Lave and Kamara and that would be it for me.
Speaker 3: With the Saints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully, you know, whoever the backup quarterback is, whoever gets in there, they will at least get some targets to Olave. But you're right, Shaheed being such a big play threat makes it really hard to imagine they're gonna push downfield and get him significantly involved. Meanwhile, in New England, the Patriots say they plan to start Drake May over Jacoby Brissett this week against the Houston Texans. LaQuan I don't think anybody's rushing out there to start Drake May, but Jalen Polpe was starting to get a lot of love, a lot of chatter on Fantasy Twitter. Are you ready to start Jalen Polk with Drake May or are you gonna take a wait and see.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the wait and see approach because I think that's why we drafted any Patriots player on this offense, just based on knowing that what Jacoby Brissett is and what he can honestly bring out of some of these players on offense. But with Drake May, it's a new fresh sign of just like, all right, we're gonna get a peek at the potential future of this Patriots offense with Drake May, with their investment. But more so, I don't think anybody's been put in the position, hopefully not yet to go out there and have to start Jalen Polk. But you're just looking more so of how this chemistry is gonna build with him and Drake May and along with the other guys, like we still want to see Javon Baker out there. We want to see him get going. We want to see Demaryo Douglas continue on being in that reliable target to take this offense a little bit further, and especially with this matchup this week, I will pump the brakes on expectations. They got the Texans and they're one of the best pass defenses in NFL right now. So man, I'm just gonna just enjoy the ride of just seeing how Drake may in his first start this season.
Speaker 1: Looks like I will tell you this one. I think you go and you get Jalen Polk if he's out there on the waiver wire, I think he's worth an ad just because he's starting to get a lot more opportunity. But for this week, I would stream the Texans defense. They gave Caleb Williams fits. They sacked him seven times. I think they're going to pressure a young quarterback again and they're worth streaming if that's what you do with your defenses. All right, let's turn our attention now two Week six. We got buys. Four teams have the week off, the Chiefs, the Rams, the Dolphins, and the Vikings. I'll get to sit at home and be fans like the rest of us. So that means, yes, some notable quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers all not available to you in Week six. But let's now get to Thursday night football, Big one in the NFC West, the forty nine Ers who kind of scuffling a little bit, going to Seattle to take on the Seahawks, who at the moment are at your division leaders in.
Speaker 3: The NFC Western Division.
Speaker 1: You can see that game on Thursday eight fifteen pm Eastern on Prime Video. I'll ask you about the quarterbacks because these two guys that are sort of next to each other, I think at a lot of people's rankings, a lot of expectations, Brock Purty versus Gino Smith.
Speaker 3: Who would you rather start this week?
Speaker 4: Brock Purty? And it's not even close to me. Now, we have seen in the last two weeks against the Seattle Seahawks Jared Goff threw a perfect game and just lit up them up, and then Daniel Jones carved them up without Malik Neighbors out there. So I expect big things for Brock Purdy and the passing game. But on the flip side, I actually have Gino Smith as a sit this week. Not only does he have one passing touchdown in each game, but in the history of this matchup, he has not played well. His three games that he has faced the forty nine Ers as a member of the Seahawk he has thrown one touchdown, pass two interceptions, twice, was held under two hundred yards, and his high mark is two hundred and thirty eight. So yeah, I'm trying to find another option for Gino Smith this week.
Speaker 3: But I am excited for Purdy.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is me being a nervous fan, but look, I would start Purty over Gino Smith without a doubt. But something about this just makes me nervous. The Niner secondary has given up some big plays.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, this might be me talking more with my heart than any sort of actual statistical analysis to back it up, But I'm still with you. I think it's pretty over Gino. If you have to decide between the two, maybe you're putting together a DFS lineup.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not the job, I'm not the boss of You don't what to do.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the rest of the Week six previews, Let's go over to London, Lakwan the Jaguars and the Bears. Is the Jags start their back to back games over there in the UK nine to thirty am, so you can see that game on NFL Network. Another who would you rather hear? Trevor Lawrence, who you know looks like he's starting to maybe put it together a little bit. Versus Kaleb Williams was a great matchup. Who do you want in this one?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Kayla Williams man just based on how he has been building on this momentum the last couple of weeks at home, comfortable at the crib, but now they're across the pond, and I think he could still build off of that confidence and how this offense is starting to click. And honestly, this defense had been doing a great job doing their job as well, holding teams down under twenty points. So we're looking at how Kaler Williams has been building and how the connections have been building also with this offense, with even DeAndre Swift getting involved in the pass and they keep feeding him, they play them how they paid him, and then therefore that sets up play action for Kayla Williams to honestly go out there and deal. So I'm looking more so looking at Kiler Williams being more consistent than at Trevor Lawrence, who finally showed some life last week, putting up twenty Fantasy points plus, and that's been a while since he's done that. I mean the last time he did that, it was Week thirteen of last season. So I need to see more out of Trevor Lawrence before I start believing putting him into my starting lineups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I made the choice last week to start him over Kirk Cousins. It wasn't look here. Kirk had a huge game here with thirty four points. Remember lawyds gave you twenty one, so what wasn't terrible? But that also sort of feels like the high water mark, and I'm not sure if he can replicate that again this week against Chicago. I would say on the road, but they're both on the road technically because they're playing playing over in London there, so we'll see how How are the Jags the road team in this one just because they are designated assets, but next week they'll be the home team.
Speaker 4: They are London's team.
Speaker 3: Like they are kind of at this point. They are kind of London's team at this point.
Speaker 1: Commanders at Ravens, we're calling this the Battle of the Beltway. Let's keep the who you Got theme going. Two quarterbacks who stylistically are very similar to one another production wise, have been very similar to each other as well, so Florio Jaden Daniels versus Lamar Jackson, uh, which legitimately somebody could have both these guys on a roster depending on how you drafted.
Speaker 3: Who would you rather start, though.
Speaker 4: The answer is both. But if I have to choose, And it is funny that you say that they're similar, because when Jayden was in the NFL draft time, I was like, he is like Lamar Jackson in Tyrod Taylor's frame.
Speaker 3: But I would go with Lamar of the.
Speaker 4: Two if I had to choose, only because one of these defenses is not very good and one of them is. I know the Ravens have been torch through the air a good amount. They've been so good against the run. But the Commanders look they're playing better. We're saying that, but like they're still getting lit up weekly through the passing game. Receivers are still eating against them. So I would still take the go with Lamar here. But if you have either one of these two, I'm starting them this week because I expect this to be a high scoring game. Both quarterbacks can run. This is my favorite game of the week by far.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I think this is the game that everybody's gonna be watching during the day, the early window, the earl ish window, I guess because there's the morning window on Sunday. But this is gonna be a lot of fun to watch, and I would hope this is just a PSA for the Internet in general, Like let's not spend the whole day comparing who's better and whatever, just like, let's just enjoy the game for what it is. Also, one is a two time MVP.
Speaker 4: One is playing his sixth NFL game.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, let's pump the brakes like game though, Like I feel like the early window is like can we put them at the Sunday night game? Like this needs to be flexed because this is gonna be.
Speaker 4: But you're not excited for Bengals Giants.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a crowded I'm going to bet we'll get to that in a little bit. I mean time laud Cardinals, Packers. Let's not do the who'd you rather look? I mean Caleb Kyler Murray versus Jordan Love interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: But more what I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Is is this finally gonna be the Josh Jacobs breakout game?
Speaker 3: Because he's been okay, but it hasn't been great so far.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe you know what, And I think it's toally about the few things that you could look at of why it's a maybe. I mean, the matchup is great, the Cardinals are one of the worst run defenses, and plus he's getting voluim and it's hard out here in the fantasy streets to find a running back that's averaging twenty touches per game. There's only a handful of those guys. But I think the major issue that a lot of fantasy managers have with Josh Jacobs is the rushing touchdowns. He found the end zone against my Rams, you know, last week, which was his first of the season. So hopefully he builds all of that going up against another great matchup with this run defense with the Cardinals really really poor. But it's also the carries that he's getting in striking distance when they're close to the goal line. He's only having he's only had nine carries so far when they're in the red zone. So therefore that's one of those things that you look at, like, all right, he only got one in the men on nine carries because the Packers are more so a more pass heavy offense when they get into the red zone versus them actually running the ball. So I think that's what's keeping the gap from him being that solid RB one that we know he could be. It's just that he's not getting those opportunities in striking distance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just feels like, you know, Emmanuel Wilson just keeps getting opportunities to sort of closing that gap in terms of the touches there in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Time to talk about some sleepers for the week, LQ.
Speaker 2: Who you got, oh Man, Jalen Tobert Man. He's gotten me through the pain of trying to find the perfect wide receiver off the wire, and this guy is filling in great on this Cowboys offense, giving Dak another option he can go to on this offense with the run game not being so great right now it's not exciting whatsoever. And then you're seeing how he is emerging into this offense and being a vital, you know, wide receiver that Dak can depend on. I mean, you look to week two where we finally got the fresher breaf Air a wide receiver too, but then you know with Ferguson being now that's why that happened. But now with week four, you look at him and Fergie how they're operating. They're on the same scale on our targets per route rate, so therefore they're both They're both critical to this offense. And I like how you know Dak is going out there dealing the ball and there's a lot of fantasy points on this offense just based on we've seen Dak support multiple pass catchers with some type of fantasy relevant So he's my sleeper this week.
Speaker 1: Put him in starting lineups.
Speaker 3: All right, Floya, who you got this week? Braylan Allen?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Because the Bills cannot guard running backs like at all. Here is what the Bills have allowed so far this season. The most fantasy points per game, the most yards per carry, the most targets, catches, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns to running backs. Their secondary is very strong. I talk about this a lot, which means that when teams play the Bills, they go to their running backs more in the passing game and their tight ends more in the passing game. I think the Jets are going to go that route this week. I think They're gonna want to get the ball to their running backs a good amount to control the clock, to let their defense do their thing and keep Josh Allen on this sideline. So the floor is low with someone like Braylen Allen. But we know he's got big speed. We know he could get potentially a goal on touch here or there. So the upside is high. If I need like a swing for the fences type play, I like Braylon Allen.
Speaker 1: All Right, So you've got a guy who plays his home games in New York, as do and.
Speaker 3: Jersey, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't disrespect Jersey like that, Marcus. They'll be putting this out.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the name on the front of the team says New York. That's all I'm saying. They play in Jersey. I'm not trying to piss off anybody.
Speaker 3: All Right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones, That's what I'm trying to get to. Daniel Jones is the guy I'm talking about, because look, Daniel Dimes as we'd like to call him, if you're being more formal. Three games are two touchdowns and interceptions. Three straight games with two hundred and thirty plus passing yards facing the Bengals defense. That over the last three weeks is a lot about two hundred and seventy five passing yards per game with eight touchdowns and an interception. Keep an eye on Elite Neighbors still working his way through the concussion protocol. But last week we saw Daniel Jones go out and have a big game without my league Neighbors against the Seattle Seahawks. If Neighbors comes back, it's just one more weapon for him to use that only brightens the outlook for senior dimes. We still got some games to go through here on the Week six slate, plus Hora Hot Starts and some hot takes as well. Stick around for the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's time to see who will deliver, presented by Uber Eats. Guys, we think you're gonna go big in Week six. Lakwan, who do you like this week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: T Higgins Man, he's back, He's healthy. He is a guy that I have as a hot start just based on he is very critical to his Bengals offense. I think he goes out there, shows up, and shows out because it's very rare that a wie receiver is playing at a wide receiver one level, and right now he has more targets in the last two weeks than Jamar Chase, so it's very rare that an offense has two wide receiver ones.
Speaker 3: So T Higgins keep the ball rolling man, all right?
Speaker 1: So you got T Higgins there.
Speaker 3: Who do you like? Florio?
Speaker 4: I like Caleb Williams, who is coming off his best game as a pro running, throwing wise, But it's also largely about the matchup. The Jags have allowed the most fantasy points per game, second, most passing yards, third, most passing touchdowns.
Speaker 1: They've allowed a top.
Speaker 4: Eight fantasy quarterback in four or five games, and that other game the quarterback was top twelve, So star quarterbacks against the Jags, and Caleb is the lucky winner of that matchup.
Speaker 1: It's been wild. When they give Caleb Williams times to throw, he looks really good. It makes really good throws. I know, it's just a crazy concept, right protection.
Speaker 3: For your quarterback? Who knew?
Speaker 1: I'm going with a veteran and that is a tight end there at a zach Ertz and I know it's been tough in these tight end streets and arts has not necessarily been spectacular, but he's been steady. Actually second on the Washington Commander's roster in routes, targets, receptions, and receiving yards. Pretty much every major receiving category that.
Speaker 3: We talk about.
Speaker 1: He's going against the Baltimore defense that's been very tight and friendly. Fourth most fantasy points allowed to the position, second most receptions, second.
Speaker 3: Most receiving yards.
Speaker 1: Look, we know that Terry mclaurin's gonna get his opportunities, but beyond that, you know where's the ball gonna go? Could go in the hands of Zach Ertz. That was Who Will Deliver presented by Uber Eats, where you can get the best deals on game day food all season long, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL. Order.
Speaker 3: Now get back to.
Speaker 1: Some of our game previews in Week six the Lions and the Cowboys. This one should be a lot of fun, potentially a whole lot of points scored. But Florio, have we reached panic time on Sam Laporta if it does not happen this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 4: Like I'm at the point right now I only have Sam laporter on one team, and it was because it's a keeper league. I got him really late. All of that, I was fading him as the tight end one. But I'm at the point now where I picked up Tucker Craft for his bye week last week for Laporters, and I'm like, I might just start Tucker Craft over Sam Laporter. He does not have five targets in a game since Week one. I know last week was his best game yardage wise, but no touchdowns. Right now, he's the third read often for Jared Goff. I'm just not feeling great about Sam Laporter right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a kind of scary hours for Sam Laporta for sure. Sunday Night Football, We've got the Bengals and the Giants and Laqwan. Last week, Tyrone Tracy had a huge game with no Devin Singletary. Now Singletary is trending in the right direction, hoping to get back on the field to play. So if both of them are healthy and ready to go, which one would you start? And the other question is does this look like it's turning into a committee there in New York?
Speaker 2: It does look like it's turning into a committee. I personally don't have to start Tyrone Chasey, but if you do, I do like his upside being there. He's building off of a great performance the week previously, and Devin Singletary is coming back from a growing injury. It's not like an injury that you know, you could just fix overnight. This is probably something that's probably gonna linger for the next couple of weeks. So I could see Tyrone Tracy's touches increase as the weeks go on, and he's looking good with these opportunities, So you know, it's definitely a guy you should have picked up off the waiver wire, but stash him. Haven't ready to go, and you know, if he shows some life this week against the Bengals and might have to build off you know, saying Devin Singletary managers, it's gonna be wicked for him, man.
Speaker 3: You know. And what's frustrating about this is because I would say this.
Speaker 1: I wasn't really big on Devin Singletary coming into the year, just because I didn't think the Giants offense was gonna be that great. And so he has outperformed what I expected of him, which is great. Now the possibility of him having to share those opportunities, yeah, it's really frustrating all.
Speaker 3: Of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's good for the Giants, it's bad for us. That's all I got. When and I Football Bills and the Jets floial this.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, this is this is.
Speaker 1: Big for you? You know you mentioned on NFL Fantasy Live that the Jets are fans of the Mets because the Mets winning takes pressure off of the Jets, takes some eyeballs away meano for the Bills, and you talked about this before. Khalil Shakier obviously has been very good. They take him out of that offense and things start to scuffle a little bit. Can you start a Bills receiver not named Khalil Shakir, especially against this Jets defense.
Speaker 3: Nope, not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I still have faith in Kean Coleman moving forward, like he had a big play last week, a long touchdown. He's made some impressive catches, but they're not using him enough right now where you could start him, especially against Sauce Gardner and DJ Reied So Plus, the last time the Bills played the Jets was Josh Allen's best game ever against them. But before that, this defense has been his kryptonite. So I would stay away from the receivers. I think if Shakira is there, you could play him because he'll be in the slot a lot, but it's it's Shakir Kinkaid James cook or bust When it comes to the Bills this week.
Speaker 1: Will we start to see more Dalton kink I'm mean, I'm asking you're the resident Bills fan here. I mean Dalton k Kate has been nah like any grand scheme of titands, He's fine, but not great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so last week was an interesting game. He had a catch on the sideline that was deemed not a catch. I don't know why Sean McDermot didn't challenge it. It was clearly a catch. And then he he got open on what would have been like a seventy yard touchdown, but Josh Allen just flat out underthrew him almost it was almost intercepted. So I know I keep saying this, but I think the season for King Kaid has been better than the results have shown so far. I still have faith in him moving forward.
Speaker 1: Lakwan Wall ask you a real quid about the Jets too, because obviously they make the big change at the head coaching position. Robert Salad gone, Jeff Ulbrick takes over as the interim. A lot of times we see kind of an emotional bump from teams after a change. Here, can you expect that? Does that make you more interested in starting any Jets players this week.
Speaker 2: Uh No. I mean, look, it's a division bat as well. And then the storyline just keeps getting better over there in the Jersey Shore, and then like they got Angeline out of the house, shout out the Floorio. In the comparison, they were Robert Falla. But I just feel like, you know, right now, I'm just on a wait and see approach here with the Jets offense because it's not consistent.
Speaker 3: You can't really trust it.
Speaker 2: Alan Lazar is still playing good football, and he's still really good buddies with Aaron Rodgers, Garrett Wilson. You're just gonna have to eat it. You're gonna have to start in regardless of which whatever other options you have, because you don't want to miss out on the big blow up games he just had last week twenty two. Targets like this is something that you know, it's just gonna be very frustrating to start any Jets offensive players and your starting lineups.
Speaker 1: I'm amused that Alan Lazard has become a four letter world word in fantasy circles.
Speaker 3: It's likeugh, Alan, the way.
Speaker 1: Fantasy folks just spit that name out of their mouths has become amusing to me.
Speaker 3: It's frustrating. It's frustrating. I get it, I totally get it for sure.
Speaker 1: It's time to drive your line up, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota camer By the way, you can catch the rest of our Week six previews on Fantasy Extra over on NFL Plus. But let's get spicy, lakwan, what are you thinking might happen in Week six?
Speaker 2: This is the big blow up game that we've been waiting from K Dodd, and this is the breakout game against the Saints, who are on the short week. They're kind of banged up as well, but they've been allowing a ton of production to the tight ends this season. He's a guy that's on the same basis of being targeted as much on the target per route basis as Chris Godwin. So he's being utilized as one of the core pieces in this offense. So he has a role, and he has a situation where the Saints are allowing eighty percent of completions to tight ends this season, which is the fourth highest rate. So kated and breakout game this week, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, So big things from a tight end which we will all be thankful for if it actually happens.
Speaker 3: Florio, Let's get spicy.
Speaker 4: Chase Brown will be the RB one this week in Week six because Zach Moss is banged up. But even more than that, Chase Brown has got more work the last two weeks and he has looked excellent. He is the best Fantasy game of any running back against the Ravens. Through the first four weeks, the Ravens did not allow a run of ten plus yards to a running back. Last week, Brown got two of them, and that is important because that is considered an explosive run, and the Giants allow explosive runs at the third highest rate in the NFL. They struggle against pass catching backs as well. So just give Brown volume this week, Bengals, and I think he can have a huge day. And I'm saying here the RB one. So let's eat on Sunday Night football Chase Brown.
Speaker 1: I would love that because I did invest a little bit heavily in Chase Brown in this offseason.
Speaker 3: Fellas, you know what.
Speaker 1: You get when you mix some eggs, some oil, a little lemon juice and salt. No mayonnais ooh, all right, let's get you That's why I'm saying get your mail ready for this week, because Will Levis is going to be a.
Speaker 3: Top ten fantasy quarterback in Week six.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds wild, and I know he's had some bad games, but you look at the opponents in those bad games. It was the Bears, the Jets, and the Dolphins. Those are the three worst matchups when it comes to fantasy quarterbacks. He got a mill of the road matchup against the Packers. He scored fifteen points. Not great, not terrible. Now he gets a great matchup against the Indianapolis Colts. No team has allowed more yards on deep throws. Third best matchup for a quarterback so far this season. I think you're gonna see Will Levis take some shots downfield. Hopefully he and Calvin Ridley are able to connect on a couple of them. But either way, I think you're gonna get a good game out of Will Lewis. You'll probably still get some hilarity to some sort of weird off the wall turnover, crazy mimable me thing on the sideline, but I think this is gonna be a big Will Levis week for the Tennessee Titans. That was drive your lineup presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camriy.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 1: We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football show.
Speaker 3: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember, silence is golden unless you have kids, then silence is suspicious. Be safe, to care of yourselves and we will talk to you tomorrow