Speaker 1: Shoot him to me Church, what I'm doing? Am I doing all this with the flag in my hand? I love it? I love it, I love it. I want to feel correspondent. Can I shoot it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I want to shoot this with the corresponding flag in my hand? Good evening record to the thirty annual NBA Summer League Film Festival. I am your host, Kevin Garnett. Scratch all that shit, man, y'all know what time it is, Hey, listen, this might be the most cracking, the most cracking this Summer League that I can remember. I just got to throw that out, that shot the Warren Albert.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that, right.
Speaker 2: We ain't been looking forward to a Summer League like this like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we was waiting on flag we made. We waited on cool, right. Were excited about that? Yeah? We was excited about you know, you know, Victor getting here? Right man, this is a different type of excitement. This the young boy. I'm ready for the young puffs to get it there and you can get cracking, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Am I doing the joy with the whole flag in my hand? I like how this fell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like how this. How this yourself, sir, look for this KG certifire flag out there, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, man, y'all see my corresponding. Man, y'all give a camera some love. Man, talk to us, man, this KG certified. You know, just to think this is something weird or I hear you know what I'm saying. I hear bothering, y'all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is us, us, This is us. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But yeah, answered responsibly.
Speaker 3: Certain fast, certain certified, certified, certain, certain certain.
Speaker 2: It's a green summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we built differently. He ain't watching the games like I'm watching again outside We're alive. This is when you stop the production that we go back and we wan. Man, this is what I'm really excited about this year. Gotta be you know. I know Victor came in, had a big splash. I know Cooper Flag came in, had a big splash. But yeah, I think we've all been waiting for this class of rookies to come in, and yeah, I'm just looking forward to the matchups I think I've never seen. I mean, ninety six was really deep. We always talk about that high classics that was bron obviously three, but man, this is a really really deep draft class to have some potential future stars on a lot of these teams, man teams that I think, like the Lopez kid that went to Memphis, I think was a really really really big pickup. My dog the league kid that's playing on San Antonio team from Korea killed the Japanese League and now has a chance to come over here and further his dreams. So yeah, I'm following. I'm following players that I think got real traction. Boozer's kid in Memphis is going to be really good. I think he's going to turn Memphis around. Were starting to see the end of an era, you know, Jozon, Portland. Just so many dope ass storylines that is going. Man, the league is rolling nothing, I mean other than soccer. Man, Ain't nobody talking about nothing else but the league as we should right.
Speaker 4: So, ticket Summer League starts this week in Vegas. One of the players has had a lot of eyeballs on him because there was the California Classic that happened over the past couple of days. Since some teams participated in it. Daron Peterson twenty five and twelve looking really good out there. I'm curious what your thoughts of him are because his his you know, draft class or his number was fluctuating a little bit because of the DNPS and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Dan Peterson first off, is showing it's a couple of rookies that's just showing very polished, very poised play. It's funny when you see some of these kids in their college form right and in their structures, but when you see him in this NBA form, he looked amazing. They played him at one a lot of times. He was initiating offense. He was an initiating place by himself. He was instant offense right away, and he played with a lot of confidence.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I think for the most part, when they say are saying right away that he couldn't play make and how you know, how would he get a shot off? I think he started off by just showing as not only could it playmate, but he can get a shot and he can't get buckets. Man. He was very impressive. The other kid that came from Michigan also, that's playing with Golden State. So the Axel Yaxel Yaxel with Lindenburgh right, yes, yes, yes, a shot at him. Man, he came in looking very poised, looking like he belonged, and just looks strong. He looked. He just looks way more mature. His game looks looks way more mature than everybody else's. Those are the two guys that stand out right away. Oh yeah, my guy in Sacramento's what's my young guy? Who? I caught that one though? Real talk. I thought he had the better I think out of everybody, he has the best platform to be able to propel. He comes off as a very poised guard. I don't think you can speed him up. He is very strong and he can get.
Speaker 2: To the rim.
Speaker 1: I love his mit range. I like his I like his play man. He's been playing real big for Sacramento so far. Think he hit a game winner or had a game buzzer beat or whatever I was watching, But yeah, he's playing with a lot of confidence. These are these are kind of like, yeah, they're setting the bar already in some of the league ain't really officially started, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Another player that's on the Memphis Grizzy's Kareem Lopez. He's the first Mexican born player ever to be drafted into the NBA. Curious what your thoughts of him? And you should be playing with Camera Boozer, who's drafted in the top five.
Speaker 1: Kareem Lopez, the kid that's first Mexican to sent to be you know, playing in the league. Born born born, right, first Mexican born player, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, first player from the country.
Speaker 1: In the first round. Yeah, shout to Kareem Kareem Lopez, right, yeah, Kareez, yeah, yeah, yeah. I like him and Booze together. I like what I like those pillars. You know, you look back at what made the history of Memphis. They've always had great bigs with Pagasow his brother Mark, you know, z bo They've always had you know, really good, really good bigs uh in Memphis and this and yeah, this ain't no different. I see them too now only playing together, but really you know, dominating boys, playing off each other, you know, playing alongside each other, protecting the rim and really giving Memphis a whole different look from the Ji area. I think we're going into the Buza Lopez area, and I think these two are very comfortable with each other.
Speaker 4: Nice and then Thursday Night kind of when Summer League opens up and the schedule makers did the right thing, or to add the number one pick going against the number two picks.
Speaker 1: We got Wizards and Jazz opening up. It's only right, though, It's only right, man. You know how the league gonna stir some ship got to stir some. I mean, we gotta stir it up. Maybe, Man, it's only right to open night summer league. This is the power Wow. But this is what you want if you're those two, if you're first and second, you won't nine o'clock. You won't you want the game of the night. This, this is where everybody gonna be at.
Speaker 2: If you ain't at this game, you square, it won't be.
Speaker 1: No game bigger than this on TV. Straight up. Everybody's been waiting on this right here, and these two kids now played each other a million times, but now it's different. You finally official when you got to the league. So now this this is on league floor league soil. Yeah, this gonna be it.
Speaker 4: One thing that happened over the past week and we haven't had a chance to ask you about, was Jalen Brown getting traded to the Philadelphia seventy six ers. Curious what your thoughts were when the news happened, And how you think the trade's gonna go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonna front man. I didn't think first off that JB was in a position to be traded. I think, you know, obviously his comments and how he felt after they was departed from the playoffs, it was one thing. But I didn't think that it cost for him to be moved. You know, let's just let's just keep it real, man. The seventy six ers got better. They not only got better, but they got young stars and if they can put this together, Yeah, Nick Nexs has a really good team, and you still got something with the big fella. He doesn't have to be so one hundred percent him and so heavy him. Tyrese Maxey is a rising star. You put him with JB and Edge Comb man. Listen, man, listen. And then it was in conference, So that says something, you know, that says like, yeah, we want to see y'all to we want to see y'all four times a year. We're gonna see y'all two you know what I'm saying. Like to be in conference to trade somebody in conference? Yeah, I thought I thought he was. I thought they was going to actually pair with Jannis and having those pieces there to do that. But obviously that didn't happen. Yeah, I'm questioning a lot of the Rad Stevens thoughts on that. But yeah, it looks like it came down to business and money and it wasn't about basketball and the things that you know, yester year yesteryear in traditional ways would have it. Think him in a new era of business and how basketball is gonna be done from their own.
Speaker 4: But for Jama Brown, ten years in Boston, he won a title, went to the finals twice, finals MVP. He had a good run in his ten years in Boston.
Speaker 1: Just gonna be like that catch trade. It's like Minnesota kicking themselves over the catch trade. Just I think Boston gonna look back on this. It's like where Kadi left Golden State and then he turned around like the fuck, Like there's one of the moments where you don't break a great thing up. This is a great thing. They just had to you know, and then too, man, don't really keeping it real man that those two have been tested through the thicket, through the time and time. So this is just relationship. It ain't always gonna be great, you know what I'm saying, but it would have to be something detrimental for me to break that up. That was probably to me the most Yeah, that was probably the most dynamic duo in the lead to me, you know if and then they played off each other, and then they had a great support and cast with coaching all that. It's hard to get that mixed perfect like that, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Especially for all y'all using Jiffy. You know, if y'all ain't using that real. If y'all throwing Jiffy in there, it's gonna be Jiffy. It ain't that real.
Speaker 2: Coin meal ain't gonna when you go to lock, it ain't really locking.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. If you know cornbread, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, all cornbread lovers know what I'm saying. But yeah, man, I hate. I ain't gonna front.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't like the trade. I ain't gonna front. Man. I wanted JB to retire as a Celtic and you know they be able to go through that. But yeah, we in something else, and I think we're entering a new era. Real shit, All this new movement is all new era, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of the things that happened that quickly. They want to ask you about Lebron. James said, hey, Lakers, see you later. It was a good run and now he's open season to go anywhere. We talked a couple of weeks ago. You mentioned Cleveland as being a team. I'm curious if you've changed your mind or what you think about the best situation.
Speaker 1: With Ron just before you know, Dolan, don't resign Mitchell Robinson, you know, like like the Knicks didn't even get to.
Speaker 2: Run that back.
Speaker 4: Man, he's a Celtic.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh man, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it for us, But I'm as a fan, bro, like you want that team to run it back against some of this new shit, right, they didn't even get a chance to run it back, man, Like, Man, just man, I was doing too much. Man, you waited fifty years to get here, Wait fifty years to fuck now you get a chance to fuck you're telling about, Man, I'm so mad for New York and I'm so mad that we don't get to see that team against all this new you know what I'm saying, Like it's a whole new year now.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So if I'm Ron, shit, I look at New York, I look at these bigger markets.
Speaker 1: I look at Man. He can go and help New York, you know, and they lost a lot with mitch Man. They Yeah, Man, I don't know. I actually think him going to Cleveland is the most obvious because he has a lot of leverage there. I mean, Cleveland can use you know what he has. He has a different confidence in the playoffs, he has a different leadership. Uh, he's the king in that city, you know. And then I think he can inspire those pieces around there. I think he can get Mobile to play better. I think he can get everybody in there to play on another level. And then I think him to Donovan, if they can put that together, that'd be like d Wade to Bron when he went to Miami. Brown was a nice guy, cool, hey, you know care when he got down there with d Wade, d red game. You know what I'm saying, game, that fuck you. And that's how I gonna see Bron do Donovan if that could ever be. You know what I'm saying. I think I think Donovan is more of a student than anything that Bron's ever played with. You know, I think he had his own power, in his own light and his own aura. I think Donovan is a little more receptive and little more open to absorbing greatness and trying to get to another level because he got it. He just needs those little small secrets and that small confidence to push through certain parts when it started looking grim in the playoffs. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you like Cleveland and New York? What about Philly with getting Jaylen Brown? If you're Lebron James looking at.
Speaker 1: That only one ball? Okay, I don't know if he goes to Philly, God damn, that's like the circus and I don't know if and I don't know if all those pieces can work with each other. Edge Calm on the way up. You know what I'm saying. Big fella gonna feel some type of way. You know, once he hit, once he hit the black hole, it don't come out the black hole and then be get it.
Speaker 2: You don't come out of that, Mommy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It's going up, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I don't like him in Philly. I think if you go to Philly that's just that's a lot. I mean, I like that for him. That might actually grow his his time in the league because wouldn't have to do so much every night. But yeah, I like him in Cleveland, New yor York. I think that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And then another another guy that moves was John Morant going to Portland.
Speaker 1: Thoughtless of that like that for job man job being the number one shoe with Nike for a minute. You know what I'm saying, It's only right to go to Portland. It's a new new energy. It's not Memphis. Might be totally flips flip side of the coin, not saying Portland ain't got its own issues, but it's a place where you can actually get a bunch of space, breathe fresh air. They got a whole wellness community out there that he can tap into. Seattle's like ninety minutes up the road, Like the north West is probably one of the prettiest, most beautiful places that you can never go to. Man, it's probably it's probably untapped too with Seattle, you know, just not coming back. But yeah, that whole area is so unexplored. If he can tap into that. You know, Vancouver is a couple hours from Seattle, like you thinking really going in and just you know, Dame still there. They still got Holiday. If I'm Portland, I wouldn't get rid of no guards because you got to have the guard play for OKC. You gotta have guard play for the Spurs. You ain't got guard play. You ain't got three four guards that can come in here. Bring the ball up, initiate. Man, You're gonna be in some shit in the West, you know what I'm saying. So if I'm Portland, I keep those pieces. And John Morin got them Dame lillond.
Speaker 2: And Holliday Holiday and then they still got Danny Boy.
Speaker 1: You understand, bro, Listen, you got big wims, you got my daughter from Connecticut. What's a big fellow name from Connecticut? They're clinging?
Speaker 2: I like that, man, you hey, listen, man, listen, man, listen.
Speaker 1: I like Portland. Pete called that shit, didn't he, Man, he called that shit. I don't even know how he did that, but he called that one. But yeah, I'm looking forward to Portland, man, I'm looking forward to all the young rookies. I'm looking forward to Washington and seeing how they play. Washington has two guys, two three young guys that didn't get a lot of shine, but they are really good. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: George uh Storrs, another person you're talking about.
Speaker 1: They got a coming tint or a sudden tent over there. What's that young kid?
Speaker 2: Cool it? BALI?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love him. So they got to That's what I'm saying. I'm worried about young fella over there. That kid started. That kid not started like three years.
Speaker 2: That kid ain't no. He played the three for real, for real.
Speaker 1: You feel me here in the field for real, for real.
Speaker 2: Now, your boy beat your shit, he'll dunk your ass, he'll trade ball you.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, they gonna get aj together over there because they got some real They got some competition over there. They got some young guys over there that I think that's gonna gonna push him to the max man straight up, And I think I love that for his growth. It may be frustrated in the beginning, but y'all hope he find his way over there. But yeah, I like Washington. Man. Washington got a lot of good pieces. Man, it ain't nobody talking about so yeah, man, Yeah, subscribers taped in Man and Man help us get to a million man trying to get to a million subscribers. Man, y'all help us with that chat. You feel me, you feel me. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to Vegas. Man about the time and listen, bring your buckets and bring your visors.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hopping the motherfucker. We're bringing them clubs too. You know what I'm saying. TLP, get this shit together.
Speaker 1: We're going night golfing. Hey, man, y'all be there. Be square, man.
Speaker 2: We are