Speaker 1: Are they saying she want to fuck with the big dick this entire time?
Speaker 2: No eight Ape Dick. No, nobody saying dick.
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds like dick to me. No, you never know this whole time, I never knew what he was saying. She want to fuck with the Big eight, the Big eight, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, it's truly because of the Ape Stone Guerrillas, that gang that Casanova just went to prison for.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn, a lot of people going to jail.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah, it's a big summer, big jail summer. That's where it gets you.
Speaker 1: There's big jail summer, baby, and we celebrating here. And my mama told me, send all these niggas to jail. Walk about.
Speaker 2: A big chips in yours are racist.
Speaker 1: The money.
Speaker 2: Turkey stuff, I can't tell me. My Cucci pick my booty. Whole brown just left Poundtown, christ Is, my mama.
Speaker 1: Told me the fiecasts. Well, we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally worked to prove that the Joshaw Slide is not only a fun dance out of Chicago. He was also an ancient set of coded movements used to identify members of the Underground Railroad to each other in public.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm like, snick Herman, and I'm impressed. Yes, I you know this whole time, I was like, this is motherfucker about to make this about escaping slavery.
Speaker 2: I could feel it, you knew it.
Speaker 1: It was at the tip of my my taste buds. I was like, there's this got some slavery to it.
Speaker 2: It's because every time you slip to the last you knew you were doing it for a cost greater than yourself.
Speaker 1: It's like that you gotta move left because massa coming.
Speaker 2: To the right. Granted it was not now Charlie Brown, it was a different lyric.
Speaker 3: So your black ass, you're skipping stones three hops this time, and I get it.
Speaker 2: That's perfect freedom, brother, That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Damn, we've been talking to each other this whole time, and we didn't. We just don't listen. That's all.
Speaker 2: Communication is, non verbal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Those grunts that when the cave men were just grunting at each other, they had it, they had it figured out.
Speaker 2: Those were the real talks.
Speaker 1: And we thought we'd introduce Constantinople and make it more come no, we just grunt, just.
Speaker 2: A power of babble fell. And now we got a million languages.
Speaker 1: That's too many, too many languages, Doug. And frankly we hear in My mama told me, are are here to tell you stop speaking other languages? Yeah, you're done.
Speaker 2: And if we're gonna have to go with one for the whole world, I gotta say English. It just sounds the best. This isn't this isn't no way jangoistic.
Speaker 1: It's just easiest for me.
Speaker 2: It's the easiest for me. Rap is in English. That's where the best is.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I don't want to hear that British boo boo. I know they're speaking English too, but it don't sound good barely.
Speaker 2: Hey bro, get the food.
Speaker 1: Shut up, shut up, shut up. We hate it. Why carriage? It's garage, bitch. Yeah, and that's not where good things are made.
Speaker 2: No. And it's a shirt, not a jumper, you fucking idiot.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, it's a goddamn sweatshirts. Stop calling it a jumper.
Speaker 2: Don't be an idiot. And chips are the crispy things that come in bags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're thinner. French fries is what the words.
Speaker 2: You're looking for fries and they're made by the French, and they're made by the French. I refuse to learn.
Speaker 1: Well, now that we've got all our bigotry out up front, I think we have a very exciting episode in line for our listeners. It's a Lengthston and David episode, a David and Langston episode, one of those exciting little numbers. And we're gonna do some emails, We're gonna talk some shit. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: It's all open. I feel good about it. Are you recharged from the fourth of July weekend? You ready to go? You back in it.
Speaker 1: I am in a difficult position as a father in that there is no recharge. I will never recharge ever again. My body is just slowly being drained. I don't like you're putting batteries in the freezer because somebody told you that works, but that don't really work. They still bad batteries. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh that sounds awful. I feel great, Listen, you're glowing you. I had an amazing week. I feel if I went to a dakery lounge. I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: All and they now you know, they made entire lounges that dedicated to dakeries.
Speaker 2: I think it's new. I think it's new, and I think it's only based in Colorado Springs, but uh, you know it can catch on five different survey machines full of different Dakri flavors, so you know it's good.
Speaker 1: What was your go to? Where were you were? You like, I'm a I'm a strawberry man.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm not. No, I'm not sure on paper what the flavor was, but it was blue, Okay, I think it could have been blue coconut, but who you know?
Speaker 1: That's wild?
Speaker 2: You never heard of blue coconut.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of blue coconut. Blue is traditional with raspberry, and if you're a bad boy, it goes to lemonade. Right, I've seen some blue lemonades. I have never heard of. Motherfuckers say blue coconut. But maybe I'm just not as worldly as you are.
Speaker 2: I think you're not out in these sweet streets if you will, obviously not the gay streets, I mean the streets for people who like sweets. Nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think anybody was confused by it, And I think the clarification honestly made more of us uncomfortable than you intended. I think we're all on the edge of our seats now based off of the clarification.
Speaker 2: I wish gay guys would call them the sweet streets.
Speaker 1: Back out in these sweet streets.
Speaker 2: Maybe back on these sweet streets.
Speaker 1: Second nicks, back in these sweet streets.
Speaker 2: No, but blue coconut is a thing. On this blue coconut, Yeah, it's a and the other flavors. I can't drink green stuff, I know, mountain dew. Drinking green makes me feel weird, not like if I get like a smoothie where it's supposed to be green, but that artificial green scares me.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I've always associated that feeling with blue. Where I was this is defying God's will when I'm drinking blue, I.
Speaker 2: Mean blue liquid. It definitely doesn't occur in nature.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's green liquid we can make.
Speaker 2: That's fair, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like even if you if you blend up blueberries, they don't come out blue like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, and listen, I'm not saying I'm not wrong. I'm just much like leading into todayday's topic, going with my instincts.
Speaker 1: M that was a That was an excellent fucking transition.
Speaker 2: I don't know you.
Speaker 1: I told you I'm reaching Large're back at it, baby.
Speaker 2: The fireworks filled me back up.
Speaker 1: You know, my daughter pissed on me at the on a plane yesterday. So we're sitting in the sea where she was sitting in my lap watching Dora the Explorer from like two like old episodes, not even current episodes. Dora doesn't exist anymore. We're just giving her stuff that we know is safe from like twenty two thousand and four. And she peed in my lap and then I just had to sit there wet for the for another hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's bad.
Speaker 2: That's that's the opposite of my day. Yeah, I took two I took two plates home from the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you're a plate king bro.
Speaker 2: Shout out to miss hazel Man.
Speaker 1: She was going, I ain't recharge it never again. My batteries are wet and they stink a little bit. But you had a beautiful transition, and then we fucked this up. But okay, that's We got an email from a person, a person named Aliyah Aliyah and it's spelled classic. It's spelled like the the This is the A l I y a h.
Speaker 2: So hard to sing. This is because she says a A.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know she says a L. I don't think she does the beginning. I think she's like, you know, the beginning.
Speaker 2: I thought she did the beginning. I just I thought it because it's a I don't think she says the I think she says because it's a A.
Speaker 1: Why No, I think she just this is the l I y a H. If I were if I'm if I'm a betting man, I'm going with her just saying Leah and then you know the rest on top of that, Olivia, if you if you happen to know or if you happen to be able to look it up. I feel fairly confident she doesn't bring up them a A.
Speaker 2: I thought she said the AA. I mean he that's all right. She has a jazz personality.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, come on, come on man. That's a freestyle lady. If ever there was, I love it, I love it. We mess you Leah.
Speaker 2: Really, do you ever go do a Leah deep dive like on a walk or anything like that outside walking? Sometimes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a hard time with it for a while because of the uh sort of complexities of of the rights to her her music and obviously like her family sort of like not having the rights. But but that one uncle I believe was sort of like the only person who was making money or could make money off of her ship. And that's also the uncle that like essentially sold her into sex slavery. So a lot of it sort of had like an achy vibe. And then you know, the right the right music sort of.
Speaker 2: Thanks for ruining Aliyah for you fucking nerve God, damn it. Bro Come on, man, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Not bad dog, you know. Listen, there were there were some uh, there were some legalities in that four page letter that they didn't bring up in the song.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Now I gotta feel weird about it. I listen, not two hours ago.
Speaker 1: I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I think like they worked it out a little bit, that them family sees some of the that's why it's on Spotify years after it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I didn't. I so for a long time. I wasn't streaming. Once they put YouTube on the phone, I was like, that's my music service. Yeah, yea, yeah, I didn't even I don't have Spotify. Now I'm a title man though, oh you fuck with title. I got my own playlist on title title David Bardy Hardy's and bullshit, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's Hardy's the restaurant, right yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, no, I'm I'm I got equity. Okay, wait, justin from Olivia.
Speaker 1: It is y yeah, I know that he sha't bring up the days.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that makes sense. Yep, still good, still good. Well Aliyah not the dead gal who got taken advantage of sent us an email and she said, Hey, Langston and David, longtime listener. I absolutely love the show. We love you too, Aliyah. That's so nice. I don't know you fair enough. I was being generous. That's not usually our instinct is to because our listeners. Let's not switch it up now, come on, you're right, fuck you, Aliyah, But thank you for sending it all the same. We appreciate that she says, I am writing because I have a conspiracy I recently heard about, and I am not sure if either of you are familiar with. Usually, when you get butterflies in your stomach when you first meet someone romantically. This thought of as a sweet sign that you two may have a good connection. Well, this theory is the complete opposite. Oh shit, she's prefacing the whole thing. It is the theory that if you get butterflies the first time you meet a romantic interest, then that person is not a good match for you, And it's actually a war. It's actually a warning signal from your body telling you not to fuck with that person. Thought it was interesting. Would love to hear your thoughts, Aliyah.
Speaker 2: I love it. As somebody who regularly confuses the intense feelings in their body, I think this is something we gotta talk. Everybody's always like, trust your gut, what if your guts bad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're not making good choices very often, I would say, just as a as a race, as a people, and not even just black people, like the human race, we are not often making good choices for ourselves on a daily basis. The presumption that somebody we want to fuck is a good choice is pretty wild.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, because Hey, think about the people you know in your life who act the most off of impulse, mostly of mine, bad guys. Yeah, lot of bad and women.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like people who only move off a gut. Stupid people.
Speaker 1: They're real usually usually they're real, dumb and a little demonic. They're not Uh, they're not heroes in anybody's story.
Speaker 2: No, it's the well thought out like, Okay, you have a wife. Was it butterflies the first time you met her? Or was it a relationship that developed and you were like, oh, this could be a pretty good reasonable thing.
Speaker 1: I will say that that I think I have butterflies, but I think that I would not say that they were butterflies different than other butterflies that I have felt right that, like they weren't so exceptionally different butterflies that it was like I've never felt this way upon meeting another human being ever in my life. It was the time that we spent in sort of the growing together that made them feel more exceptional to every other experience I've had. You know what I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Know exactly what you mean, except I'm not married. I just mean I thought I had butterflies and then come to find out maybe it was just some big ass titties. Yes, And you're like, oh, this girl with big titties likes me. That's really not, and then come to find out maybe that was a bad call.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you this as a married person, big titties still give me butterflies, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean public every day.
Speaker 1: I mean just walking through the gruncery store in my heart and my mind tell me will be a flutter. And it's like, well, that's not the correct feeling. I'm not running off with those big titties. That's a mistake.
Speaker 2: If I chased every feeling of butterflies I've ever felt romantically, there's some weird ones in there. Yeah, d on on, Moisha when she spoke in that Jamaican accent, felt butterflies. But that is no in no disrespect to Cheryl Lee Ralf, but that wasn't my.
Speaker 1: Story, man, right right, right right. You're like, nah, this is a moment and and I felt it, and now I need to move on and think differently.
Speaker 2: Who was the police lady with the big titties? On?
Speaker 1: Come on, I already know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on. We all felt a little bit of that. All felt a little bit of that. I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to watch the Wayne's brothers and they would call her like ugly I'd be like, y'all don't get it.
Speaker 2: What do you do? Bro?
Speaker 1: What are you she's talking about?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about her? First second? She's in under some hero people don't bring that up about how that was good. Notice we never talked about that. We never talked she was bad, she's bad, she was older.
Speaker 1: You know who else they used to do that with that. I I just I was like, y'all are fucking nuts and I don't even think this is a funny game. Was fuck, what's her name?
Speaker 2: The chick?
Speaker 1: Friday Afternoon, She's and then so many things producing her. She played the like horny wife in Friday Afternoon, Oh my god, oh my next Friday after.
Speaker 2: Oh sugar, yeah me and yeah yeah yeah. Kim.
Speaker 1: Why they used to do that with Kim Whitley all the time where they would pretend like she's fat and ugly and it's like dog, that is the most beautiful woman walking this planet Earth.
Speaker 2: Character shaped the sexual preferences of a generation.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I used to I used to look at Kim Whitley like, if only, if only I be so lucky?
Speaker 2: Bro, I wanted mister time when she licked his head and he was like, you I was like, man, what are you doing, ice Cube?
Speaker 1: You got Nea Long and her You're the greatest, You're the greatest.
Speaker 2: Fool. He's a foolish man.
Speaker 1: He's a fool. He's an anti Semitic fool.
Speaker 2: Shout up to those two on. So I really don't think either of them get enough of credible never.
Speaker 1: I just think there was a period where it was like really convenient to like be like, ah, she's big, so bad bad because she's big.
Speaker 2: I feel like Martin. I feel like Martin created a premise where you had to have a dog on The Black Show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Because even Martin talking to Pam was insane.
Speaker 1: He was very disrespectful to that very gorgeous woman. Yeah, he was fucking her behind the scenes. That's how fine she was. That that the whole bit was hinged on him being like, you're disgusting, and he was still like, bro, I can't even hold back. I want to be with this lady so bad.
Speaker 2: It's also how you know Martin was a toxic king, because that behavior is that that is what a guest like.
Speaker 1: It ain't great because they were best friends in real life.
Speaker 2: That ain't great, Like between that and Tisa Campbell. I love the show as well, but like, yeah, oof, somebody's got to do like a hard hitting biopick on Martin.
Speaker 1: I will say, And we've talked about it a bunch of like why is Martin different now? And I do got to believe that some of it has to be how hard he went into toxic territory for for a decade.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. I think it's also the I think that, and I've always thought this. I think that there's a price that comes with being too fresh mm hmmm hmmm. And I think Martin. I think Martin Lawrence. When did you ever see one hair out of play? People don't give credit how good Martin's hair was. He was the first nigga to wear a Pelly Pelly on television. That comes at the cost, That's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't create a style and a vibe for a generation and sort of be an aesthetic without eventually having a downfall on the other side of it.
Speaker 2: Bro I mapped my apartment after Martin's apartment. You think I got this painting because I wanted it.
Speaker 1: No, Martin wanted that.
Speaker 2: Martin wanted it. That's a flat space. Man, you think that was my idea? It was. It was shut out.
Speaker 1: He wasn't thinking like that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I was. You know he crawlsed, cycle, walk versus or whatever is.
Speaker 1: Bonjour. It is Langston Kerrman and me.
Speaker 2: You are not me, not mean. We we.
Speaker 1: And we are terribly excited because we're bringing our podcast. My mama told me to the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna be great. We're gonna have great guests for you, door prizes, and us in person. You can come see us, touch us, smell us, whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: Come smell our hair, y'all. You gotta do it and listen. We're gonna be at the Hilton Double Tree in Montreal, and you don't want to miss it. It's gonna be an amazing show. It's gonna be the most fun you can imagine at eleven am in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be the best thing you can do besides eating a late breakfast. So remember that's Friday, July twenty eighth, at eleven am in the Hilton Double Tree, Montreal. Or you can go to hahaha dot com and search My mama told me.
Speaker 1: Just look up. My mama told me live shows were gonna be there Montreal, monsieur we we. I do think that there are legs here, though. I do think there's something pretty valid about, at the very least our instincts not being as fool proof as we like to pretend that they are.
Speaker 2: I think I've had it with so many times. There's so many times I've just followed my instinct instead of pretty basic context clues and ended up in like bad situations where it's like, yeah, okay, you feel this way about this person, but like you know, now she's got you at this house party trying to buy a radio, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll say this even if we move it beyond just sort of like sexual and sort of like you know, interpersonal relationships. I feel that way even with like buying cars and shit and like things that people sell me on the street, where a man will convince me that something is good and I will have sort of like these immediate instincts of being like, yeah, I gotta buy this because he's very convincing and he's at an advocate for it, and then I feel fucking dumb afterwards.
Speaker 2: How do you think the oil man got me. You're right, I do look like a man who appreciates the scent out of a backpack. No, it's just confidence, the confidence.
Speaker 1: The amount of people I think that that just fell for confidence men via bitcoin and and all of these like online dollars. It's endless, you know what I mean. I truly have motherfuckers convinced me that if I wasn't about to buy some some fucking bitcoin, I was fucking up my life.
Speaker 2: I bought some, I bought some. I got out though when it was still high, because I'm paranoid. I was like, this can't be. This is making nothing out of nothing, But this is making something out of nothing like it. I did make a couple of racks though, to be honest, Oh shit, but I put. I bought a lot, but then I just pulled out because I was like.
Speaker 1: Black spaceman, ain't cheap, man, I get it.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I got a whole got a whole lifestyle to uphold man.
Speaker 1: Olivia is sending us some some research. She says that, or rather the research she found says that the science behind it. So what's actually happening, what's actually causing the fluttering in your stomach. The sensation may be due to increase levels of sub of the substance nor nor pine nor effort. You know how to pronounce stuff better than me sometimes nor piniferin nor penifferin. I like the way you went in on that. Hell yeah, so that's nor piniferint following. We're following your butterflies. Maybe your butterflies at least fly mine mind wings got ripped off by the sick kid. Maybe it's because ipenephrin.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That sounds doctory, so nor epinephrine. Throughout the body's central nervous system. Nor Eperinepherin functions both as a hormone and a neurotransmitter molecule that sends messages between the nerve cells, and it's released in response to stress and potentially attraction. Your brain struggles to determine between stress and desire.
Speaker 2: That call motherfucking box and nigga and know nothing about that?
Speaker 1: There it is, That's the truest ship.
Speaker 2: I I can't. I still can't. So I don't know the difference between a good time and a scary time. I really don't the house. What's happening, How this bad bitch has stressed me out. Come on, come on, think about the face day, think about the face when you see a bad bitch. Come back.
Speaker 1: We're about to make my life complicated around you.
Speaker 2: Ever seen a girl so far and you're upset that you're in the same space.
Speaker 1: All the time?
Speaker 2: Man? When she do it over here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would you invite her? You don't have a situation.
Speaker 2: I gotta get keemo, I gotta deal with this.
Speaker 1: What is she looking lost? Comes about to help her?
Speaker 2: You know the target is supposed to have bad bitch hours.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, and it ain't right now, it ain't when I'm shopping.
Speaker 2: Man, Now, I got six bottles of the breeze on accident because I.
Speaker 1: Was Oh, I didn't even rechecked my grocery list. I just bought what I had and left.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came home with three oranges and that's it. And my wife was like, what about the toilet paper? Lady, you don't know what I was going through over the are you? You can't talk to me like this.
Speaker 2: I'm fighting demons. Listen.
Speaker 1: It was either I get the toilet paper or we lose our marriage.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Do you still want to be with me? There no toilet paper in this.
Speaker 2: House, and that's just how it's gotta be.
Speaker 1: No, but this makes perfect sense to me that the stress and the desire sort of live in the exact same bell curve, right, or the feelings live in that same bell curve.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think it's a lot of like the pleasure pain principle, which I guess I don't know if that's a real principle or if it's just that Janet song.
Speaker 1: I think it might be Janet. But I bet Janet. I bet Janet did a little research before she named that title. I bet it has something to do with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be. I just it's that, it's that, you know, It's just it's just that fine line between pleasure and pain, that line between excitement and like, it makes perfect sense to because yeah, I can't tell tell the difference between that A lot of times you ever want to fight explain that feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, here's here's something. And I think I've talked to you about this before. But I was in Sacramento, unfortunately not too long ago. Uh not not a great town, but but we're all working. But I was in Sacramento and I went for a jug and as I rounded a block. A dude came out shirtless with a knife and just started charging at.
Speaker 2: Me, like you even talk to me about this, bro? Bro what it was one.
Speaker 1: Of the scariest things that's ever happened in my life where this dude comes around the corner, he's clearly on drugs or just you know, not all the way there whatever, comes charging at me and he's like, I'll kill you, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like it was coming at you, bro.
Speaker 1: He's talking gang ship, he's throwing up signs, he's like coming at me specifically being like you coming over here, I don't fucking kill you. You know what it is blah blah blah blah blah doing the whole shit, and naturally, at least through through the what history has told me and what I believed this entire time, what my body should do was I thought I would kick into like this animalistic instinct where I fight for my life whatever. And all I did was sort of like go, hey, I don't want no trouble man, and just kind of walk into the street and casually walk away from him. And it terrified me that I didn't turn into like a fucking you know what I mean. I didn't become the man that I needed to be brother to save my life, exactly what you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shit got turned up and you thought, now this is you know what it is. You think like, now this is gonna be the me that I've always thought I could be. I'm now I'm gonna I'm gonna send that I had always hoped myself to be.
Speaker 1: I've known I'm a super saying this whole time. I just needed a moment to trigger it. And then my hair will turn yellow, my eyes will turn blue, I will beat this motherfucker's ass. And instead I just stayed Krilling. And that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. You stayed Chilling. Don't do that. Don't do that to yourself. Nobody likes Krilling. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Criling got the baddest girl in the whole and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh chee chee.
Speaker 1: Krilling with Android eighteen. He ended off with, yeah, Android aighteen, she's secretly a battie. But and way out of this league is more the important part. Shout out to that, Yeah, there are no leagues if you do it right. But no, I know what you're saying because I've had that same situation where some shit went crazy and then I just got like very cool, very calm, very calm and cool.
Speaker 2: But you don't feel good about you feel like a bitch. No, yeah, it doesn't feel like that empowered for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't feel like de Niro cool, you know what I mean where it's like, yeah, I'm chilling because I know I'll murder you at any second. It was like, oh, I think you'll just stab me to death and I'll I'll never even get a hit in, like I think I'll never I'll never even sock you one good time and make you rethink your behavior.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question. Does it hurt your feeling? Does it make you feel bad about yourself that you weren't like you weren't on it enough to even yell, Like you didn't even take you outside of your shit enough for you to like raise your voice. Yeah, like I was, yeah, yeah, because you stop more sense like or something some ship that makes sense, But like, I know you're scaring me afterwards, Like fuck, I could have died. I didn't even yep for my life.
Speaker 1: I just and that's what's embarrassing is like I didn't even fight for this thing. I I want to believe, you know what I mean, you want to believe you're gonna fall. It's like Cliffhanger where you're gonna like hang on with that one arm and fight for your life.
Speaker 2: But nah, I'm just some people just drop.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, take me, big dog.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like that polite thing, like I was out of my I was out of here already, you know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was running pretty fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't mean to get in your space. There.
Speaker 1: It is three one three over years.
Speaker 2: That is a terrible story. I wouldn't have told anybody.
Speaker 1: I mean I told my wife, and I felt so embarrassed. I was like, I think she was comforted by the fact that I was okay, and that's good. That's good certainly that I didn't I think I will say, this is what I think would be the most embarrassing is if you then try to be a tough guy and you lose on the streets of Sacramento in your jogging clothes.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I don't think that this was the most embarrassing ending to the story. I think it was probably like real middle embarrassing, but it was uncomfortable to have to repeat to another human being.
Speaker 2: But you don't want to get sliced up in a pair of hookas either. I don't know what you jogging.
Speaker 1: I'm just I should be so lucky. I'm jogging in old basketball shoes, shogging basketball on TV. Yeah, man, I I don't mean TV. And this is something everybody at home should know. TV don't make you love yourself. That's something you gotta do.
Speaker 2: It also doesn't make you as much money as you thought it would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're all middling out emotionally and financially from Yeah, I thought that I was a lot of television appearances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Conan O'Brien, but didn't do for me what I thought.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I do think to the larger point, we are talking about the instincts not necessarily being all the way trustworthy, and I do. This does feel correct to me.
Speaker 2: It feels it feels real to me. I think that, Well, let's take a break and then we'll come back and we'll talk about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, well we're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more Langston and David and more. My mama told me bonjour it is Langston Kerman and me.
Speaker 2: You are more not me, not mean. We we.
Speaker 1: And we are terribly excited because we're bringing our podcast. My mama told me to do the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it's gonna be great. We're gonna have great guests for you, door prizes, and us in person. You can come see us, touch us, smell us, whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: Come smell our hair, y'all. You gotta do it and listen. We're gonna be at the Hilton Double Tree in Montreal, and you don't want to miss it. It's gonna be an amazing show. It's gonna be the most fun you can imagine at eleven am in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be the best thing you can do besides eating a late breakfast. So remember that's Friday, July twenty eighth at eleven am in the Hilton Double Tree, Montreal. Or you can go to hahaha dot com and search. My mama told me.
Speaker 1: Just look up. My mama told me live shows. We're gonna be there Montreal.
Speaker 2: Monsieur. We we someone get this jigaboo away from me. There, y'all back with another that was a real time often confronting that jogger on the streets.
Speaker 1: I wish I was brave enough to say that I was just sell alone. There was no one there. I knew no one was gonna help me.
Speaker 2: Bro. I feel it because like so my block is super active as far as with the like on house drug using selling community, and like, yeah, they accost me all the time, and I wish I had like a cooler but it's usually it's just like that, like man, I don't even know. Oh man, I'm just trying to get in the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like what you know what I hate too.
Speaker 2: It's not the house people, but when the drug dealers say good morning to me and ship, I wish I could have a get this jiggoo, But I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a good morning too.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Hey man, hey man, I don't think what you're doing in your community is that baby. Actually, drugs are pretty cool for in the community.
Speaker 2: I didn't shut my door fast or anything because it's a key fob. I wasn't afraid you were gonna get I'm.
Speaker 1: Not looking back and make sure you ain't following.
Speaker 2: I'm brave.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty braive, do I do.
Speaker 2: I always come and get the girl, or do I buzzer in sometimes No, I'm just kidding. Yeah, I'll go. I'll go get you if.
Speaker 1: You come to mind listen, He'll come get you. Bring that plate.
Speaker 2: Unless it's in the daytime. Unless it's in the daytime, then it's like it's it's it's not you know, we'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorrying to think you're not coming to get them, but that's I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes I got into the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, I'm not any stronger than you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, get you large and dark as hell, everybody.
Speaker 1: I I guess the question I have for you is if we are both in agreement that that this isn't necessarily good, right, that we shouldn't necessarily be following the butterflies that are leading us potentially to our own demise sometimes, what do we do about it? Are we just meant to never trust our butterflies? How do we fix this?
Speaker 2: That's what? So, that's that's that's the big issue, right, because I've often I've thought about this a lot, and I'm like, in a perfect world, there would be a way to train your instincts. But I don't think it's that possible because your instincts are that's your base you know what I mean, that's your base level. So I mean, I think it's like for me it becomes u rely less on your instincts and more on a fake this out be tacting because I think that one thing that can trump instincts is a logic base or like a strong sense of logic, and like you kind of run through that in your head before you make a decision, as opposed to just going with your gut. Because coming with your gut. Don't get me wrong, it's sexy. I understand it's so sexy when people say that, no, I just went with my gut. But I I got I gotta, like I think I I I sometimes sometimes if it's like if I run the if I run through the logic of a certain scenario or a situation, and I'm still on the fence, then I'll maybe take my gut to push me over. But that's been wrong. I've been scammed many times. All this art, all this art.
Speaker 1: Sure you're you're saying that our logic, or rather our instincts need some checks and balances.
Speaker 2: I think, I think I and and maybe for some people, for some people it's different, but I know for me personally, I do I do feel that way.
Speaker 1: I think that I think that sounds fair. I think we could all afford to maybe like give it a second, as far as you know, making sure that the choice that we're making instinctually is in fact the correct choice for the greater good of our lives, or at least keeping things at a net zero. Like I do think that that that's part of the problem, right, Like, there are probably a lot of people out here who you're attracted to, who might give you butterflies, and some of them are not necessarily the best for you, but they're not going to detract from your life. They're not going to make shit worse than it already is. And then there are a lot of people who give you butterflies who are truly like a bro. You are making a massive mistake if you follow this train and maybe a little bit of checks and balances to be like, hey, I don't look, the titties are fantastic, but I think I got a chill and not follow this all the way to the end.
Speaker 2: And also, sometimes if you grew up strange, you have odd mental shit or sometimes sometimes your instincts lead to destruction because that's what you're like subconsciously looking for.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hmm, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. So a lot of it is that too. A lot of it is like developmental, like what am I actually looking for in a partner? Like you know what I mean? Because it's like whatever it is you want, you find what you're looking for, whether you put that out consciously or not. You do tend to be attracted to and get what it is you're looking for, And a lot of us are looking for the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of what you're you're getting butterflies for is your daddy's fault and you gotta impact that before you real listening to them butterflies for real or or.
Speaker 2: If somebody nobody ever told you how to like you know, cause like also it's like a lot of times I think butterfly too butterflies two is like just because like you're gonna have great sex with somebody, doesn't mean that's like you're person right, Like it's not, that's not that's not necessarily so I think I think butterflies are often on a physical level, like oh this this could be great, we could have a good whatever, But that might not be. There's so many other factors.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I do think, and and maybe that's a good way of interpreting is is the butterflies that I felt on an emotional level came later.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The butterflies that I felt on a physical level happen a lot more often and have happened with plenty of folks. But the emotional butterflies are rarer and a little more harder earned, right.
Speaker 2: And that and that makes sense because that's you using your that's you understanding the situation and your brain being like, oh, I think this could be good, but like, yeah, on a quick you know, like, I am not a love it for site person. I don't think that that doesn't really make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: You don't subscribe to it at all for anybody.
Speaker 2: Not particularly. I think that I think the reason that it's kind of like an antiquated notion is because I think people who had experienced that type of thing years ago were also more inclined to like stick out the relationship and just make it work than people are now. Yeah, so I think maybe it's like I had this feeling about this person at first, we got together, got married in a week or whatever, and then we are the type of people who wanted to stick it out and figure it out.
Speaker 1: More So, I believe I believe you can want to love someone at first sight. I believe that two people can want to love each other at first sight and sort of go in equally, being like, I am committing to playing a game with you and seeing this to the end for the sake of what we are coining as love growth whatever. But do I genuinely believe that like your soul's bonded the moment that y'all locked eyes on each other.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: I think that's timing. I think timing has a big portion to do with it. I think unpacking all the shit that's in your life that sort of makes it so that you're open fully to this human being and there's no like weird baggage obstructing both of you at the same time. I think all of that comes into play way more than just being like, we're in love and we know it right.
Speaker 2: Timing is the most important thing kind of over everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're definitely people who I've I've like kicked it with, had relationships with that, Like, had the timing been different, had we met each other at different points in our lives. We might have been able to figure it out, it might have turned into something, but as it was, nah, we probably shouldn't speak to each other ever.
Speaker 2: Again Yeah, oh yeah for sure, because I see it now in hindsight too, where it's like, oh, I was just like on some ship but that you know what I mean? But that was or vice versa, or she was you know what I mean. Yeah, Like, so I think I think timing is way more important than any of this other shit. Yeah, And that being said, if you got bad instincts, if you keep you know, den I am you got bad if you got bad instincts, just because you know, if you haven't bad instincts.
Speaker 1: We all, man, you play the lottery every week, you know, damn well, you ain't supposed to trust the lady that you met at the grocery store to be the love of your life. Just chill, get her number and take your time with this. But but don't you gotta take it slow with this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay time, you know. I'm sure if you guys are actually in love, she'll be there for a little bit like or.
Speaker 1: As you won't. And again, you're you're a gambler, So who are you to decide?
Speaker 2: And some people are addicted to love anyways. Yeah, some people fall in love all the time.
Speaker 1: I think my mom would, and she'd admit it. My mom is very much that person who's like, very like, I just love hard and I love fast. That's my shit.
Speaker 2: And that's like a fun life too, like whatever.
Speaker 1: Man, she seems to be having a good time. She's all right, yeah, do you.
Speaker 2: Want me to fill in with the droppers something? I don't know. I just I felt like the space need to be filled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that. I think me exhaling from exhaustion is probably the best indicator ever we're at. But but yeah, I think to your point, love for some people is a fun, fleeting game, and that is also okay.
Speaker 2: Okay perfect. I would agree with that, because it's life is life is hard. Whatever gets you through besides.
Speaker 1: Crack, you know, yeah, don't do crack.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. I mean, if it makes you feel better, but know that there's a downside.
Speaker 1: They're not going to be able to stop feeling better with it. And and that's sort of the hard part that that there's that one professor I think he was at Harvard or Princeton. Who the black guy. I don't believe it was, but he love. Are you referring to doctor Malick?
Speaker 2: I love? Is that you're the fictional Eddie Murphy character from The Nutty Professor?
Speaker 1: Oh right, right, that buddy, Love.
Speaker 2: Wait, there's a doctor Malick.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 1: You don't know doctor Malick.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: He's a sixteen year old that pretended to be a collegist.
Speaker 2: Man, I love.
Speaker 3: That guy is the funniest young man to ever walk this planet Earth.
Speaker 2: Man. We spent all this time riding jokes and then this guy just comes up. It is amazing.
Speaker 1: He took the greatest headshot that a human being could take for a fictional job they did not earn. He looked at Pussy's for two years, two years and then and then got in trouble and continue to do it afterwards. My man is hilarious, and I'm sorry that he left trauma in people's lives. That is obviously not the funny part of it. But boy, oh boy, and there are a lot of funny parts around it that we needed to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Like those glasses in that posture.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, he had a mohawk doing a doing this in a doctor's and ladies let him fucking do the thing.
Speaker 2: He has a mohawk. Step one, my doctor comes in with a mohawk. I put my shirt and pants back on.
Speaker 1: I go, hey, big dog, I don't think that this is the right fit. I'm not calling you unqualified.
Speaker 2: I'm tack. Send that salty old Jamaican nurse. She knows what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Ja seems a little more appropriate for what I need right now.
Speaker 2: We gotta get him on the pod.
Speaker 1: Dog. I'll say this, there's like a short list of people who I think if we could get them on the pod will truly I'll retire, I'll walk, I'll do Thano sitting at the on the porch staring at nothing. I think to Malik, I love is very high on the list. I think Drake's dad is super high on the list. If we could get Dennis Graham on the podcast, that would be pretty game changing. Olivia for a while was d m ing with Dennis Graham, but she wouldn't give up that pussy and that was a big problem for Dennis.
Speaker 2: That's for sure what he was looking for. Right. Yeah, he doesn't know what a podcast is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, podcast, what you're calling it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't say, yo, lingo, I'll see that.
Speaker 1: I'll be the brother in the El Dorado. He for sure has Dennis Graham got the greatest elder Odo.
Speaker 2: Like Salamander Sandals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, yeah, no, I think there's a few that if we can get some of these these real heroes, that'll it'll change everything.
Speaker 2: I gotta think of. Oh you know who, I would like to have the guy, the kid who played Goo on my brother and me come on that love that that was major. He was so gage. He was good man, he was good, he was confident, he looked like me.
Speaker 1: He had it.
Speaker 2: Stayed shooting a shot with Amanda Seals.
Speaker 1: Wait no, he like a sister, and Amanda Seals character was constantly hating on him and sort of interrupting his and not that the sister was that into it either, but but he would kind of almost get like kind of close, and then Amanda's character would come in and fuck it up for everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're doing over here anyways, Goo yeah you remember, and then the mom would come and he would be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Yeah, he was good. He had it.
Speaker 2: Man, who was a king. He had good punch. Remember that I don't punch everybody now good. It was like, I'll find it for the next episode. It was some episode where he had his own punch.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Email us. If you guys remember a good.
Speaker 1: Punch, If you remember good punch, and if you know how to make good punch, email us.
Speaker 2: And if you can find Goo, if you.
Speaker 1: Can find Goo, let him know that there are some people looking for him and some people who still really believe in him. You know, the industry sort of turned its back on on Goo.
Speaker 2: And you know that he like the director now or something.
Speaker 1: What if that is Barry Jenkins? What is this whole time?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: At this whole time, Barry Jenkins was just.
Speaker 2: Goog, I'm saying. And for the clip, please Olivia put aside by your sign up. Has anyone ever seen Goo and Berry Jenkins in the same never seen that is together at one time? Come on, Barry Jenkins looks like he likes punch.
Speaker 1: Barry Jenkins. Punch that don't sound like something?
Speaker 2: Come on, because you can't go by goof forever. You gotta change you.
Speaker 1: Nah, but Jenkins does sound like something that you would call a nigga Goo. Yeah, Oh, Barry Jenkins you're gonna call him goo.
Speaker 2: The line, the Jenkins to Goo line is short. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You you remove moonlight from the conversation, and that's a nigga name.
Speaker 2: Goo. That's doo. That's good from North Carolina? Is that where they were? That's good from a comic book shop.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if they were North. They feel like South Carolina. My brother could have been South. It wasn't. It wasn't anywhere anybody wanted to be. But boy was at a good show for Yeah, got the two seasons as it existed.
Speaker 2: I know it was really short, right, It was.
Speaker 1: Really short, and I imagine pretty unsuccessful. I think excluding black men in their mid thirties, there's not a lot of people sitting around being nostalgic. For my brother and me, it.
Speaker 2: Was you know what I remember about it. It was not on with any regularity mm hmm. Like if you caught it, you'd be like, oh shit, oh shit. They got two of them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: Go with you. They got back to back by brothers and me. This isn't gonna happen for six months.
Speaker 1: They were like, we'll make your show a la carte and see how we feel after that.
Speaker 2: It never came on at regular times. No, all right, well, anybody knows good please, you know, drop us a line.
Speaker 1: And more importantly, Aliyah, I hope that this helps. It seems as if David and I are completely on the same page with you. Your conspiracy holds up in our books that we should not be trusting our instincts just because we want to fucking just because we think we want to build a life with somebody does not in fact mean that we should. And butterflies are liars and bullshit and should not be trusted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that's it, right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tell the people where they can find you and what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 2: Cool guy joke eighty seven on Instagram. I'm waiting forever on my fly tour paper, my tour art. But those those states should be out by now. A lot of weird cities, Burningham, Morgantown, West Virginia, Saint Louis, all the big ones, you know. I've already taken an hour to the places where I know people will like it. Yeah, I got to think it to where they probably won't like it, and then if it works there, that could make a special.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, we're going to Birmingham to see feel Good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to rally to just try not to eat my feelings at the rallies after the said fuck man.
Speaker 1: Well as always, you can follow me at Langston, Kerman and I. We have some cool dates coming up from my told me that we'll be announcing pretty soon, so keep your ears and eyes out. We're gonna be hitting the road and hidding some some major cities where we feel relative.
Speaker 2: Guys, I love all my cities, the same little cities. Put them on the forehead.
Speaker 1: We're hitting. We're hitting the big ones, baby, And that's not to say that the little ones don't matter, but we're hitting. We're hitting the big old ding dong cities. Oh you got it.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, it was a horny episode. Don't forget to check out my mama told me part on Instagram because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna be posting a lot of old content, a lot of new content on the page and and it's gonna be a place where we can put some of our thoughts that are inappropriate for our personal pages. So go to and follow the Instagram account because that's gonna be fun. And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. If you want to tell us what we can do about those fucked up butterflies and our tom thums, go ahead and send that to mymamapod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. Also, goog that's where you can find us. And that's it, bye, bitch. I actually am one point four percent Nigerian African. I'm a sister.
Speaker 4: Okay, my crow chips in your.
Speaker 2: Quala bears on racist. The money our turkey stuff, I can't tell me