Speaker 1: I with Alexi Napola and Marisol Patton, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, cheer nice, Hi amiga. We're here at Marisol's living room. Yeah, and having a cocky. If you guys are home and listening to us, please have a cocky with us.
Speaker 1: Have a cocky list.
Speaker 2: Don't drive after the cocky. No, everyone's staying home. Alright, it's four o'clock. Oh, it's a happy hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on the East Coast it's one o'club.
Speaker 2: No, that's ours West coast. I had too many copies.
Speaker 1: I don't know a coast s'mon anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh good. So wherever you're at, we hope you're having a beautiful day and you're tuning in and listening to us have a little bit of fun and having a coffee with us.
Speaker 1: We're very good at having fun, aren't we. And we're excellent and having fun. I'm also very excellent relaxing. If I could get paid for relaxing, i'd be a gazillionaire.
Speaker 2: I need to learn from you, my friend, because I am the opposite of the Oh.
Speaker 1: I wish I was more like you, though. I wish I would get up, run around and get in my car. I want to go see the day. I want to seize the sofa and I remember, like I only really.
Speaker 2: Sit down when I'm so exhausted, like at the end of the day, or not eat. I'm not out, yeah, but well not, I'm just if you.
Speaker 1: Lay around and off, you'll feel exhausted, because it's something about relaxing that makes you even more exhausted than if you went out and did a million things.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of exhausting, how was your weekend, because I don't think that I saw you at any event for swim week this weekend. Oh no, not that I was there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was in Orlando. No, not Orlando.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what is moment? All right?
Speaker 1: Guys? Alexi and I we were at a very sad memorial but after that we were so sad. We had a lot of drinks and now I'm here and I can't get my thoughts together. We had a cocky lunch and it was really great because I love when we hang out and have time together.
Speaker 2: We should be doing this every every week when we're taping.
Speaker 1: We're like, we're going to but you live kind of far. We live far from each other.
Speaker 2: But whenever we do have that opportunity, we take advantage of it and we record together. We record too much.
Speaker 1: Fun, so much better, so much better when we're together. Anyway, So this weekend I was in Tampa. One of my greatest lifelong dreams was to be on Home Shopping Network. I would say HSN, but I keep saying HSN and people are like what, so I have to spell it out. It's Home Shopping Network. And I went on to sell these beautiful headbands and hair pieces from lots and Maine. I had a blast.
Speaker 2: Are you plugging them in? How much did they pay you that you're plugging them in into our part?
Speaker 1: But I have to say why I was there? Okay, okay, I was there. I don't have my own this week. I don't have my own brand. I was plugging someone else's brand. And that's why I wasn't here for swim week.
Speaker 2: So but we went back Saturday, like Christy Brinkley, and you could have ran right to.
Speaker 1: The swim but why would I illustrated? But why?
Speaker 2: Why? But I wanted to go and I didn't want to go by myself, but you told me that.
Speaker 1: Well wait, listen, I got home really tired.
Speaker 2: There was no.
Speaker 1: Way after I did home shopping work Friday midnight, and then was up at five am to be on set at ten am on Saturday, and then flew home.
Speaker 2: I was dead.
Speaker 1: I wasn't happening.
Speaker 2: So it's more exhausting filming the show or filming something like HSN.
Speaker 1: They're different. I mean they're different, But what do you like more? I liked both. I like both a lot I like but I love doing our show. I have fun, especially because I get to do it with you. And HSM was like such a cool, fun experience. I mean I was.
Speaker 2: I just wanted you to see Christy because I knew she was there and I'm just a big fan of hers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was there selling like jeans and these cute sailor outfits, very Hampton's type of clothing.
Speaker 2: It was super cute. And then she flew back to Miami and she attended the Sports Illustrated Swimming Then.
Speaker 1: Swim Week is not my job. It used to be my job, and thank god it's not my job anymore.
Speaker 2: I remember when we used to go. We have so many fun memories of Austin Swim Week. We have pictures to go with it.
Speaker 1: We went Gorga and Joe Gorga one year.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah has Sole Teresa is not gonna like that, but that was a long time we did. We hung out with Melissa and Joe, tons of fun and yeah, that was like back in the day when it first started. And it's going into such a big event here in Miami and we filmed there last year. Yeah, and you know I would have gone to the Sports Illustrated. That one's the one that I would have gone to. Stupid, you know what. I didn't get excited about it, honestly, you know, I like, I get excited about it, and then I just don't want to go.
Speaker 1: I have PTSD from doing those events because back in the day, the summer was my slow season in the PR firm, and if you could pick up a few swim week events, at least you were busy and help with payroll because you know, you got to pay the employees, and but it was they paid so poorly, and it was such hard work.
Speaker 2: And it's so hot and events really.
Speaker 1: Really hard work and you get nothing for it. And I have PTSD from that. I never made less money in my life than when I worked on swim weeks, So I don't for me swim weeks like ill no, thank you. I don't want to go. But that's just me and.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've outgrown it, right, Like we've been doing this for such a long time and it's there every year, so it's like nothing special, you know. I'm happy. I'm happy that it has grown into like a big thing, and I hope it continues to grow and you know, be great for the city. But I feel like, like I said, like I I agree with I was excited about the Sports Illustrated, Yeah, because I love their magazine and you know the women that they put on their covers. Yeah, so it's very inspirational and that would have been a fun event. I saw some of our friends were there. Lisa was there with Jody, and Kiki was there. Yeah, killing it on the red carpet pal of course, Well she is a model. Yeah no, I mean I had like a bunch of cute off it's to wear. So I was like, I don't know how you out because you.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to go because I wasn't here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of wanted to go with you. And then after it happened, I get like, fomo, like, okay, I missed out, Like I didn't go, But then you know.
Speaker 1: If you remember that, it's just stand on the line, sit in the seat.
Speaker 2: It's hot. It's not that great.
Speaker 1: But you know, back in the day, I think you're like me. You had the magazine, you had to go to these things, but you were a whole swim we got and I had to throw these fashion shows. And when you had to do it for work, it no longer becomes like a fun thing. You go back and you remember it like work. That's how I am. I feel like it's like work for me, and I feel like the great brands are gone now. I remember vel Swim where I.
Speaker 2: Always attended their show, one of the most beautiful shows, our best.
Speaker 1: So good, and the bandage sweatsuits were so cool.
Speaker 2: Louis Max lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well we have really good memories actually of some weeknd we didn't like so much.
Speaker 1: We did it big, and we don't want to do it any less than that, and it ain't so big anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm going back and if I'm on the cover of s I.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, me too, me too, or somewhere inside.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like yeah, but still intend you know everybody you know it does. Yeah, Like I said, there's room for everybody. I feel like it's become such a like young thing, and it's I think it's more.
Speaker 1: For like marketing and retailers and wholesale selling and shopping. It's I feel like they should do it during the day and it just keep it to like, like you know, New York Fashion Week, a lot of it's during the day, a lot of it's night too.
Speaker 2: But I feel like a lot of guys that attend these events too, right, girls in bikinis. Yeah, and in Miami lecherous.
Speaker 1: It's so sleeky sure that when all these guys going there that aren't biberts, Yeah, a bunch of perverts.
Speaker 2: It's all like yah, yeah, yeah, that's Miami. But we still choose to live here, don't we. Oh No, I love my city. Are you kidding me to want to live anywhere else? But that's why we're allowed to talk about it, Like you know, we're allowed to talk about the things to go on in our city because we live.
Speaker 1: In Then nobody knows that like we do. We've lived here for how long our entire life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we went born and raised here.
Speaker 1: You had a magazine, you went to every event, you ran shit in this town. I had a PR firm, I ran stuff in this town. I did all the events. I know, we know everybody. We really know this town like nobody we are And in Miami a.
Speaker 2: Lot we should talk about that. Yet another age changed a Miami has changed a lot, and it's kind of like a joke. I mean seriously, like you go to these places and it's like, you know, like what, oh my god. Yeah, and I feel like the men have figured it out, so like they're.
Speaker 1: All like, let's go to Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have some topics that we want to discuss. Oh yeah, and you know, I guess in our broad world, right, we can't get away from it.
Speaker 1: Right, and you know, we don't like to talk about housewise, but we really need to talk about.
Speaker 2: This one sure, and that is that New Jersey will not have a remedy onion? Yeah yeah, but like, did it surprise you? Does it surprise you that won't be having a reunion.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched in a long long time. I'm not gonna lie since we went up there like in two thirteen. But I did watch before and I did scoop in a couple of times to see what's up because everyone said it was very toxic and I did.
Speaker 2: And it was really hard.
Speaker 1: But it said about all the shows.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's why people watch.
Speaker 2: By the way, the audience is toxic because they are watching.
Speaker 1: It well to show it off of the toxic Okay there are yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like I feel like they're.
Speaker 2: Like they criticize it that you know that is Oh, it's so toxic. Guess what you guys are watching? And this is what we live in a toxic world unfortunately. Yeah, people like to watch the car crash and then after they watched the whole thing, then they go on their Instagram and something. They leave all the comments, Bro, why are you watching? You know? Why are you watching? If you're like not, okay, it's.
Speaker 1: A drug, it's a bad you know it's bad for you, but you love it, you know, you love to hate it. It's that thing. It's the car crash. You drive by the car crash, and you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long this is going to keep on going, because I mean, I don't know about you, but I'm kind of like, I'm tired of watching that between you and I like, you know, I like them, you know their past, you know, I like all the ladies, but like it just gets really really toxic and vicious. And then this is why this happens, This is why they have no reunion.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't have any resolution.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that they spend all season, you know, maybe not content to each other. And they also you can't have a division these kind of shows, you can't have this kind of division. Yeah, and then they made no progress. You know, sometimes you start off the show with this kind of a division, but then things work out differently, and then by the time the show wraps up, you know, the teams have changed or there's been like some at least you know, inner action, but in this case, nothing happens. It just got worse. So like, do you want to watch that reunion like of them sitting in different sofa I was like, I wasn't even happy when that happened with us like one sofa side of the sofa against the other side of the sofa. You know, I was so happy that this year reunion, Like I was on the other side of the sofa. I mean, honestly, I really was.
Speaker 1: I really I didn't like the other side because it was on my worst side of my face and the cameras were right.
Speaker 2: On my it was like the worst side. But for me, it was like no, Like so you know, you're always going to have that kind of the division because obviously not everybody's going to love each other all, you know, every season, but season.
Speaker 1: I have to be honest, I feel like our show is a lot tamer than other shows, and the girls actually really like each other and care for each other. But I don't know, I really like each other, but I think the majority do. When I watch other shows, I feel like there's a lot of hate and anger and animals.
Speaker 2: Sitting on for less than they half, you know, for as far as that goes, you know, these girls have been well, there's been a few new ones in the group, but a lot of them have been together for thirteen, fourteen to fifteen years. H Yeah, and you know, unfortunately this is where they're at. And you know, in Terresa, Melissa's case is even more unfortunate because they're a family. So it's like, you know what I mean, so destroyed them or you know they were destroyed already before the show, or you know, but it's just like where do you pick up.
Speaker 1: They started negatively, They started negatively, they weren't close then years.
Speaker 2: Later, they beginning close to her brother. Teresa and her brother.
Speaker 1: I think that, honestly, this show needs to restructure itself kind of like.
Speaker 2: People, do you see a reboot or do you just see like a whole new show like New York did, which is a whole new cast.
Speaker 1: Now, no, no, no, I don't think that works. I think that they need to do like what we did in Miami, right, right, you need to keep.
Speaker 2: A few people were pretty different. I'm not going to you know, Miami is very different, right because Miami was not on the year for eight years, right, So it's not like what they did from Miami. Why couldn't Miami come back like a brand new Fast right, Well, but that wouldn't work what it ever works for Miami? Absolutely? So what do they do? But with the reboots, you have to bring in the anchors of the show and who the show and who the face of the show is. Well, and in this case, it's Teresa.
Speaker 1: It's Teresa, Okay, So what are you.
Speaker 2: Gonna do with the reboot? You're gonna have to keep Teresa because she is the face of the show. That you like her or you hate her. In this case, I love her, but you know by so.
Speaker 1: Rasa back, you can't have Melissa back because nobody wants to say.
Speaker 2: That keeps what's going to happen and who brings more to the show. Like I mean, I don't know who makes these decisions, whether it's like the producer or the network or the fans, because at this point, I really do believe that these shows have changed a lot, and I feel like the fans have a lot to say, and the network and the producers are listening to it like we're back in the day. When we started, it didn't really matter when you care. There was no way of voicing your opinion or making comments or anything like that. But I feel like they're listening to the fans now, and the fans I've had enough of it. Nobody wants to watch that and every single team, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think that's why I stopped watching ten years ago and it's still going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think now there's more of a division because I think before it was only like one or two, but now it's like one team against the other team. Laura is the only one that's neutral.
Speaker 1: You want your allies and support you.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that, but you know, Dolores is really the only one that's done in a great job, like being neutral and like really liking both sides, and well, I.
Speaker 1: Throb be the voice of reason. I think that they could redo a whole show with maybe two three Max and then but who else besides Teresa was honestly, if you need a peacemaker, so Dolorous.
Speaker 2: I think Teresa Doloris for sure should stay.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: You know, I personally like Jennifer Aiden also, you know, I think she's very opinionated. She's I mean, now, she's good fronts to Teresa. So you know, we can't have only like team Terica. I would get rebooth known.
Speaker 1: Her and I haven't watched, but I do know that.
Speaker 2: But Thelores for sure and Theresa, Yeah, I would read my thing. So you think of reboot not like what happened in New York. Everyone happened to New York. I feel like everybody loves New York.
Speaker 1: The new cast.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everyone was complaining. I watched two episodes.
Speaker 2: It was hard. People don't like change. You have to give them a change. We have to. It's a new franchise.
Speaker 1: It's great to take another season or or more or more for everyone to attach to them and get into it and it'll work.
Speaker 2: So that's why I like it. I mean, I've seen very little bit, you know, I see very little these shows. But I like the cast members, you know, I like their energy. I just like who they are.
Speaker 1: You know, actors are good separately on their own. Together, they had some weird arguments that weren't very compelling.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't It wasn't great. So I kind of think they've been watching too many other housewived shows. That's what happened when it's younger.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought when I watched watching the others and they weren't themselves girls, Do you need to just be yourself? Wave that freak flag, loosen.
Speaker 2: Up and and everything watching other people show that had already existed.
Speaker 1: They also seemed very rehearsed when they get the scenes, like they knew what they were going to talk about, and you can't do that. Even Alexi and I we never she'll have a bunch of cards up her sleep and she won't tell me, Well, they're not cards on my sleep, but I wouldn't want to tell you an hour before great, I mean, is that right?
Speaker 2: But That's why I'm like, I can wait to tell you yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you do, which is great, and then I have a natural reaction and vice versa. You cannot share with your castmates what you're going to talk about with before they get there, because it all falls flat. No one's that great of an actor.
Speaker 2: You d have not doing the wrong show. That part should be in another show. And so that a lot of.
Speaker 1: The Girls New York was rehearsed like that and it fell flat. Hopefully they'll do it different this time. Yeah, I mean, I wanted New York to thrive.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like I mean, I've talked to Teresa about this before and she says that Jersey is like a really hard city to cast, which has a lot of like commonality with my Miami. Because Miami is a really hard city to cast. You would think, oh my god, there would be so many amazing, great people in Miami that would want to be part of this yeah, or be great for the show. But then it's not that easy. Once they start casting. It's not only finding them, but then once they cast, there's so many other components involved, you know, like their families, their husbands and you know, I'm just like their personality. Like they also that's what other people don't realize either. When you do a reboot, Yes, you'll have like one, two three maybe like Atlanta. I feel like Atlanta is going to be a very successful reboot. I thought they needed it as well. Yeah, and you know, just bringing in Kenya and Portia and so many years have passed and now they're coming into this like with her new mind and you.
Speaker 1: I never thought i'd see that. Oh my god, I'm so excited after that wig dragged at the reunion. I never thought i'd see those two befriends.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that's the trick give you give it time. And I think that that's why they're doing with these shows. And even like for us, we're like delayed a little bit, like in filming because of that, Like you need to give time for life to happen, you know, and for things to happen, for it to go on. You know, you just can't be like you know, that's where I think you fall into into trouble. You know, when you life doesn't go on, and like you you wrop up filming the reunion and then you start again, and then the reunion there's very closure or resolution, so it's kind of like you start off in a bad place again. So I think they're making I know if I see they will make the right decisions. And I see it though.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it was Andy's birthday.
Speaker 2: Ye the day before we like birthday happy, and so you know, I'm sure that don't make the right decision.
Speaker 1: And yeah, listen, Miami did well. We've done good because we kept a mix of old and new and it's working right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Yeah, but then again you have to find like that synergy too. Like it was hard because I like I felt like the new girls that came in was like it was them against us. They thought that they could never be like us or compete like with our friendships. But we were at because they were new. So it's it's good, but it's not that good either. It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's harding, but there, you know, you have to you have to. There's just a thing about we've been friends for so long, you mean, Lisa Larsa. You know, we know each other so well and that you cannot you know, that's a bond that's very difficult to break overnight, you know.
Speaker 2: No, But you know, sometimes you do have friends for a short period of time that you haven't met for a long time and you just click and you have that chemistry and you can have that same bond and friendship. So I mean, I don't know. I think that that it's hard to do. A reboot is difficult. You have to like really want it. For example, like whoever it may be that's staying, you know, on the show is going to have to be welcome, mean, you know, with the new girls and you know whatnot. But you know, I think that I think.
Speaker 1: That if they kept Teresa, she would do a good job at that.
Speaker 2: I think so Teresa is super nice, Oh.
Speaker 3: Nice, she's super nice, and I think very grandly understood, very free.
Speaker 2: Very friendly, but you know, it's too many years of the same thing and of the attacking. You have to let people be happy and be you know and like. And I feel like that's just like we're going to talk about that, talking about that with Jaelo and I'm not even comparing you, but it's like our next topic that we're going to talk about is Jlo because I feel like they don't leave this woman alone, Like you need to leave people alone. And I feel like Teresa and her thing. It's like they went after her. Now they saw her happy, Oh because Louis this, and Louis it's like, dude, like it's just too much, so with you against the entire world.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little different because people haven't always been attacking Jaelo. It's only recently, and that's Teresa's had that all along. But Jayla everyone was like, she's oh, she's JLO and now she's getting some heat. And now people are getting upset because she's getting a little heat for the first time in her life.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that she's getting some heat now? And I'm in the house.
Speaker 1: I think that she's had too many flops in a row right now. The movies are being panned, her documentary is being panned. She couldn't sell the tickets, and now everyone's like, JLO sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, who cares if she couldn't sell the tickets, that's not such a big deal.
Speaker 1: Well, she had too many things that came out at the same time. Too many people are giving opinions and reviews on all these different things, and they're negative because they're not good.
Speaker 2: But I think it's more than that. I feel like people don't want to see her happy. Nobody's rooting for her, and ben like, I think that people would be okay because she's human, you know, you can't be successful and everything that everything can be a hit, you know, I think that she did it was like poor timing and poor It's a judgment and a bad collecimity and a lot of things that are happening to her right now. And my heart really goes out for her, not only because I, you know, I like her and I've you know, I've always seen her as an inspirational woman and she has flaws like every other woman, but you know, I tend to see the beauty in her and all her positive and all her great things which she has, which there are a lot of them. And then when she opens up and she's vulnerable on a docu series, not people are coming after her like why did you do this? Blah blah blah. So it's like, oh no, no, Gana. It's like it's always like the same thing.
Speaker 1: I honestly didn't watch any of it. Well obviously everybody knows I'm not a fan, so I didn't watch.
Speaker 2: Any of it.
Speaker 1: But it's unfortunate. It's not good when everything you're doing recently. It just kind of sucks and.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Don't think give people the right to be so hate, you know, like just to show so much hate.
Speaker 1: They do it anyway, because.
Speaker 2: You know, look at yourself. I mean, people need to self reflect and look at themselves. Are you that great? And are you whatever?
Speaker 1: Are you that they're not? That's why they're upset because their life isn't that great and even on their worst day, it's not as bad as j Loo's. And then they get angry and then they you know, they just want to, you know, put out their frustrations on the internet. I don't know if it makes them feel any better, if it's cathartic, but they just do it. It is what it is, and it's unfortunate. But I think it's just a collision of a lot of bad products. She's put out in a row and now.
Speaker 2: Everyone, well, I I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Just because you put a bad product out there does not mean that people have the right to attack you the way or attacking the moment. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: People have the right to know it wasn't they have the right.
Speaker 2: How would you? How do you like it when they say things about you. Don'd you get three little comments You're like, oh my god, and you're like dying for three comments. Stop. I'm not nice.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it's nice. I'm just saying it is the way of the world now. And the reason is that she had too many bad products that she put on. She had a documentary she hasn't.
Speaker 2: Well, it was bad to people that didn't want that were not Okay, hold on a minute, just like you could say, well, you know what if it doesn't work out for you, whatever, Well you have a bad show. You know, you have a toxic show. That's not but that doesn't mean you want to hear that from the people and in the comments.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so even so, this isn't helping her. This guy that she did the last film with Atlas, who's this guy? This guy Sterling K. Brown. He's been mocking her on the press tours.
Speaker 2: He's a little loser.
Speaker 1: He hates her.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know what, he worked with her.
Speaker 1: He probably she's probably like shitty on the set and he doesn't like her.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, but do you blame her? Do you blame her? Like her life right now isn't great? Personally. And you know, I can speak for myself for that, when your life is not personally, if you're like that kind of a woman and you have no control of like your personal life right now, whatever's going on, it affects your professional life. Because she's human. I know she's Jlo, but she's also human. She's a mom, she's a daughter, she's a wife. I mean, she's also human, and she has every right not everything's going to be perfect, I mean, for her all the time. Just because you didn't like her show, So don't watch it, that's all you gotta do. Don't watch.
Speaker 1: And I'm just telling you about the rebews on the last three things she's put out. We're back, you know, sell the ticketing, well, who cares?
Speaker 2: Okay, she can say, you know, how many tickets she sold her entire life?
Speaker 1: What are people.
Speaker 2: Focus about right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, well right now, who cares?
Speaker 2: But why do people just focus on that. She's had a career where she sold billions of tickets. I myself want to go see her in Vegas where she performed and it was incredible that woman gave you know, like for the money that I paid, she should have charged three times because it was incredible. Like, she's such a performer, she's so hard working. And again that's not good enough because it also affected her personal life and that's where she's at now. Like I really don't believe that she canceled her concert because of poor ticket sales. I really do believe that she canceled her concert because her personal life is falling apart and for once she can deal with it. Stop it with your pr ship. It's not no pr spin Okay, I'm sorry, No, it's not you as a publicist, you can stayed up. But I really don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's no Share and she's no Madonna, Okay, Di, I agree with them, and you know, okay, so she dances, she puts on a naked outfit and she blip syncs.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so to one hundred other people.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you know, she's just never going to be them. She's never going to sell out those tours for the rest of her life. You know who will do that? Adele. Adele can put on a black dress, sit on a stool because she has a voice and she sings. She doesn't have to dance and wear the sparkly outfit and distract people from the fact of the lack of talent. That's just my opinion, and Adele will just be like Barbara Streissan and will be keep singing and selling out concerts till the day she puts her foot in the grape.
Speaker 2: Jaylo said in her release, I am completely heartsick and devastated about letting you down. Please know that I wouldn't do this if I didn't feel that it was absolutely necessary. Totally agree with her. I promise I will make it up to you and we'll all be together again. I love you all so much until next time. It's sad, it's very sad. It's odd. Yeah, I'll make it up to you.
Speaker 1: We'll all be together and I love you much until next time.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, but.
Speaker 1: It is down, of course.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, her career is very important to her.
Speaker 1: She's letting down the people that didn't buy the tickets, No.
Speaker 2: The people that know, just everybody, because she feels this. She feels this from all the people giving her all this hate and not it's supporting her PR spin. I don't know how that's a PR spin.
Speaker 1: Because everyone knows she couldn't sell the tickets and she's making it seem like not everything in life is about pr not everybody on my friend, I'm going to put this proposition out now. She remember when she broke up with a rob because he cheated on her, and two weeks later she's already out with Ben and they're engaged. Well, okay, okay, you know I didn't know that, but she knows how to spend shit and she trusts me. Would this breakup if she had sold those tickets out and she could really do a tour, she would have gone.
Speaker 2: She would have gone.
Speaker 1: She would have gone and done it because maybe she likes to keep going and doing her thing and moving on.
Speaker 2: So you don't think at this time that she's suffering from her separation from Ben.
Speaker 1: Right now, you think what she is. But she's a woman likes to throw herself into her work or into another man, and she keeps it moving.
Speaker 2: And so now I mean I think that that's how she has loved her life. Yes, that's correct. Right well now, now sometimes there's different situations and she's fifty four years old and she sees you know, probably life and family, especially being on her fourth marriage.
Speaker 1: She says, I'm making no money and all the back with my family, who I don't want to hang out with anyway.
Speaker 2: Do you think so? Yeah? I thank you. You're entitled to think that like you, one hundred thousand other people do, and those are the ones that are leaving the hate comments. I know. I'm supporting her, and I think it's really honorable that she that she was able to she did find love with Ben. But I really hope that she can save her marriage and her relationship and that she realizes that she has nothing to prove. She's proven everything. She's a freaking superstar. She's done everything I agree to herself she does. She keeps on trying to do something, you know, to work like, she doesn't stop working. I mean at this point, she hadn't made music since twenty nineteen, Like, why would you go back, like you said, having all these things in the plate, already having your Netflix docu series, having the Outlets movie for Netflix, and she's filming something else in New York.
Speaker 1: I forgot. I think she thought she was gonna be like, Wow, no, I was a superstars. She already knows that she's a super who who's not gonna listen? In this business, you got to keep pustling.
Speaker 2: It's well, by the way, Ben is working too, you know what I mean. So Ben is working too, and you know, and Ben doesn't look like he's such a walk in the park. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, okay, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So she's probably like, Okay, you focus on your thing. I'm going to focus on me and I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Do my thing and I'm going to do what I love to do greatious and it's just right. That doesn't matter. But they're both very very well off. They're not concerned about money at this point. For once, this relationship is not about money. They didn't marry each other for money.
Speaker 1: She doesn't care about any of that.
Speaker 2: She cares about work and about her career and about her profession. But you know, which is something else that we can talk about. Like she's fifty four years old. I think she's had a remarkable life and career. She hasn't been so great. I agree with you. She's not a sheriff and Donna Dell whatever as far as singing goes or acting like you know, let's say Meryl Streep or any of that. But with the talent that God gave her, she's done so much with it, and yes, and she should be inspirational for a lot a lot of young women to say, you know what, never give up on your dreams. I started this way and where I'm here now. So that's what I've always seemed to think about. And I really do believe that she's really in love with Ben, and she really is. She you know sometimes and you don't hit like rock bottom, but she's always so busy that she doesn't realize what's going on. So when she saw that probably Ben moved out and wanted some separation between them, she's like, what, like, what is really happening to me right now? And seeing her family is falling apart, and you know, she's a human being, and like she's had four marriages already, it's like a tapano.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like you're like, you know what, like maybe you know, I need to save this, Like this is the love of my life, like she like she professors that it is, which I really do believe it is. So why aren't you fighting for it?
Speaker 1: Drop everything right now and go fight for it.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's what she's doing. That's just me personally, that my friend I would love to be friends with her, But.
Speaker 1: I know you would because I think we have Like I've actually hung out with her and had dinner with her a few times in the nineties. I wasn't impressed. Maybe that's why I still have like, you know, well in.
Speaker 2: The nineties, who were you in the nineties. Well, she had already done, Selena.
Speaker 1: I was told in the nineties.
Speaker 2: And I'm still but I want to take you some kind of growth, you know, like you know when you're in the nineties and she was just starting off. There's a lot of insecurities.
Speaker 1: Okay, well whatever, let's just I forgot I was going to say I had some really important points.
Speaker 2: He said, what did you just say about the nineties? No?
Speaker 1: Before that? Oh, here's what I think. I think that and I know you're going to agree with me. She needs to take a break from all these QUICKI relationships and marriages because she keeps moving her kids into these situations with other kids and other and restarting. So what happened with you know, a Rod's kids, they were super close. Now she lives with Ben's kids and her kids. Yeah, Like I don't understand that. It's like, you need you need to consider them too. And I understand being in love with love and you and I love that and we jump into stuff. I can do that as much as I want. I don't have many kids, and I know your relationship chips have all been long ten then fifteen years and now another eight years like you. But her relationships don't even last two three years. And then she's I'm honest and moving the kids and new kids an instant family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that that's hard. Like I don't think she's made the best decisions, you know, for her family. You know, maybe for her, but not for her family. And she's in love with the idea of being in love. But I really do think that, Like Ben was also comunga how do you say.
Speaker 1: Like when you're stubborn and stuck on.
Speaker 2: Like when you really want like the fact that she couldn't have them twenty three years ago, and you know, so it was always like in the back of her mind and then timing happened, were you know, a rod supposedly cheated on her or she cheated on her and she was alone filming.
Speaker 1: Ben was alone. It was all about timing, and you know, sometimes.
Speaker 3: It was like it had to be you know, what I mean, it was years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you know, sorry, Oh you cheated on me, Ben, No, I know, but hold on. Yeah, but again, no, no, I'm not saying that. No, I'm saying that she was like a go gittle like it was her go Gito, Like he was the one that escaped, and you know, she can't have anybody she wants. It was like the man, the guy that escaped twenty something years ago, and she was so much younger and naive and not even immature, and so is he. And then they reconnected and they always had that love for each other that's like really hot and sexy and like any anybody, you know what I mean at that stage in their life would totally try again. But the truth is, and nothing's changed. They're more public than ever, They're more popular than ever, they're more famous than ever. Now they have kids, So now you put kids into the equation. Before it's just them too. Now you have five kids. Now you have five kids. I don't think any of them NEPR like Ben for sure hates social media, hates the paparazzi, hates the pr They're never going to really believe like her side of the story and I think that that's why she wanted to do that docu series.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like she wanted to prove to the world.
Speaker 2: I think that they really that they were really in love and that he always loved her and he never like really left her or like he was always thinking about her. She wants to prove and you see, I feel like that's where she went wrong. If she would have kept that all to herself, Yes she shouldn't have done that. Maybe she wouldn't be but you know what, she did it from her heart. She didn't think that that he was not going to be okay with her support it because he didn't like it.
Speaker 1: She's marketing her relationship.
Speaker 2: She's got a song with that. It's not a good idea. It's not a good idea. And I think that that it's you know, she she's paying for right now. She's paying for enough.
Speaker 1: That relationship was doomed.
Speaker 2: I think they took a pact.
Speaker 1: That's what they say about everybody's relationship. Everybody's relationship is doomed.
Speaker 2: I have it. Travis and Kelsey Odita. People start saying, oh, no, they're not doomed. They're already saying no, they're already saying they had a five blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Everybody fine, oh no, no, but yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's different when you're a public peron and you fight and somebody sees you and you know, and they say they did they talk about it, or you leave at restaurant, it's different. When you're in that you know, in that platform, or whatever you want to call it. It's it's very different. It's like you can't do anything without people finding out.
Speaker 1: Guys having an opinion. Alex Ya, they're not doomed. They're going to get married Travis and and Okay, well, pinky swear, Jo and Ben are getting back together.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're not.
Speaker 3: Yes they are, Yes they are. It's gonna get have to help them. You have to go to La and talk to jal. Yes, No, they're there. Yes, are you agreement from the beginning?
Speaker 2: Agreement?
Speaker 1: You don't see it an agreement?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, who can hop an agreement?
Speaker 1: It's Hollywood. Hollywood's been doing that for years. In the fifties and sixties, there were gay actors. They would put them together with straight women, put them in the tablets like they were dating because they weren't allowed to. Okay, well that's that different.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, twenty four an agreement.
Speaker 1: People still for she's the master at this.
Speaker 2: She calls the paparazzi everywhere she goes.
Speaker 1: She knows what she's doing. She has a whole time. By the way, so does he. I don't think he does.
Speaker 2: You know, he doesn't want it. Oh that's what he says, no, my love when he was with Anna Diadamas. But by the way, she's keeping Oh my god, yeah, exactly, yes, yes, my love. So read yourself said. You can know so because I'm a fan of Anaadama. She was dating Ben. With Benny, you're dating Ben and the one that would call the paparazzis because she's like she's an amazing, very very incredible actress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she doesn't have like that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's some actresses that have like no, yes she does, but there's some people that have like that stark quality power, you know, that attracts the paparazzi in the media to talk about them, and there's some people that don't. She's beautiful, talented, but people don't really care for her. But anyway, she dated Ben. She's a lot younger than Ben. For like a year and a half.
Speaker 1: No, yes, and they were super serious.
Speaker 2: And the one that would call the paparazzi and it's public knowledge, the one that would call the proparazzi and wanted him to get to the pictures was him.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, he wants to control it. This is what happens.
Speaker 2: He likes the paparazzi when he can control the paparazzi and they can put the picture of him that he likes, hold the hand, do like the whole thing when he controls it. What doesn't ben like when the paparazzi gets them mad for usual because it has the ship face and is not opening the door to j Lo or he's having a conversation with her, or he's doing when they catch him in a way that he doesn't want to see that people he doesn't want to see people portray him that way right or be perceived.
Speaker 1: But if not, he's okay with it. So it's like double standards. No, I can't believe an armad what happened them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Should be call Anna, maybe she'll tell her. I mean, he should have stayed with her, She's That's what I'm telling you that besides she's a very talented, she's very pretty, and she seems pretty normal also, by the way, But I wonder why it didn't work out. I feel like she's a lot younger than him. I think that's that was a problem.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you think about Lenny Kravitz. He hasn't had sex in nine years.
Speaker 2: Speaking of relationships, Yeah, speaking.
Speaker 1: Of extreme relationships, jumping from one to another and then like not having one and not well.
Speaker 2: For that really surprised me. I would never think that about Lenny Gravits, Like, he's.
Speaker 1: Such a superstar.
Speaker 2: He's like a rock star. He's like everything that has to do with like hottness and sexiness. I mean, have you seen it? The pantsy? Oh my god, are you gonna say, is peenis? No? It's penis No. But you can see his penis throws rulin you're always looking at that.
Speaker 1: Well, he wears these very like like on gossamer type of things that you can see his religion like right through his pan.
Speaker 2: Well, so let's be see. Celibacy is a different story. You know you can wear those type pants. Well he wears Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's celibate, So what the hell's going on there? Okay? In a new interview with The Guardian, krowtstold the interview he's not been in a serious relationship for nine years.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think Lisa was the last one.
Speaker 1: What, No, they've been Okay, Well, were you serious when you so married a while ago that you wanted to be celibate until you found the right woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a spiritual thing.
Speaker 1: He says he'd love to be in a relationship now, but he thinks he might struggle. I have become very set in my ways, in the way I live. Well, yeah, he's sixty yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and you know what, people are complicated. It's very hard to live with someone you know, you need to be on the same damn page. It's very different.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if you're not in the same I don't think you have to be in the same damp page. But no, I mean you have to like meet halfway and there has to be like some adjustments and like conversationations. But because it's not only about like my way right right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Could you ever be celibate for that long? And what's the longest you've been without sex?
Speaker 2: Hm? Well, I think that I think not having sex is more like abstaining. I don't think. I don't consider that celibacy. I consider I've never had celibacy never, never, not that you know, because it's like you're married, but for like spiritual reasons, you know what I mean. Like I see more celibacy with like a spiritual meaning behind it. And even though I haven't been married, I've still like had sex, and I feel like that's a lot for a lot of people, Like I don't believe that you can only have sex if you're married, and that's part of celibacy.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you know you want to marry someone and listens you have sex of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just I was really in shock that he that he was celibate and that he would talk about it. You see, This is what I'm trying to say, And like I always talk about these when we're talking about hot topics that like even Camilla Cabello the other day saying that she lost her virginity, uh whatever, age, Like who asked you? One this case? Is she who asked you? Why are you talking about it now? Like why are you trying to get attention? Like yeah, like nobody wants to know that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was like who cares about Camilakavello. But by the way, I really am obsessed that the fact the Lenny Tighte wearing pants see my penis through my pants, hasn't had sex in nine years. That's pretty crazy. But I think that he's doing some Yeah, he's doing a religious thing, right, So that's what I said.
Speaker 2: So I said, one thing is abstaining from having sex and not just having it because like you know, you're stressed out about it or you're get stresses your whatever your reason might be. But it's not with the spiritual connection rush, whereas celibacy is you know, they believe that until you don't find that partner and you marry them, is not that you can have like sex with kind of right, because I mean there's other sexual things you can do. And that's the other thing too, Like celibacy like on your own boy, it's that doesn't even count. I mean, that's you're like self pleasuring yourself. Oh for sure, he's like in love with it, Oh my god, for sure. In Celibacy doesn't mean you can't touch your own baby. Yeah you got to do Yeah, of course he's doing that.
Speaker 1: We should I want to What's more concerning.
Speaker 2: But you know, what's more concerning with me that he's not connecting spiritually with any woman.
Speaker 1: That is the question. The question shouldn't be Women.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be like, oh my god, he's not having sex, you know.
Speaker 1: The question should be like, why aren't you having sex?
Speaker 2: Lenny? Why aren't you connecting? In nine years? There's not one woman you could have connected with spiritually. It's not a weird I'm kind of like able got out. Oh I'm sorry, you know, And I'm such a fan of baby crabits.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I actually.
Speaker 2: See him here in Miami all the time and with women, So like, what's going on, Lenny? How came you're not connecting? But speaking of that, I feel like I've heard of many other like actress and actresses more.
Speaker 1: Actress, guys pay pay bills.
Speaker 2: No that I don't know, but that the dude that practice sell really Yeah. So I remember doing a magazine cover with Eduardo. He was like this hot Mexican actor, you know, back in the day, and now he's actually very involved with politics.
Speaker 1: He's so beautiful, he's a.
Speaker 2: Very handsome guy. Well now he doesn't look that great. When I had him on my cover of the magazine. That guy was gorgeous, like he walked in. Everybody was like, oh, I saw it, and then my job was to google them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well when I googled him, I'm like, I think Alexi and I was, and I think I saw him on a cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And everybody would always tell me like like when we met each other there, I was like, no, well first I was married, but you know, every time we're hooking. Oh no, everybody thought every time I had a hot guy on the cover, that would be like Alex is doing whatever. It was so rude, and I think that that's why I've always thoune that my friend, Okay, thank that's good and you know me, yeah, no, I mean, and that's why I think I hate the media so much and like people, you're champing even though I'm here chaining out though. Yeah, I mean, it was like I had like the stamp in my in my forehead that it was like I was, no, it doesn't make you a boot, but you know, it was honestly like offensive, like that's what everybody thought, Like every time I had a hot cover, Oh hug guy on the cover, it's because you're doing like that's so rare.
Speaker 1: You have like a casting couch what we kind of did. No, you're silver so fu Yeah yeah, it would look like tinfoils so cool. Your whole office was very bar ba.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's always been kind of barb Yeah. But anyways, so we had it and and but this is you see what I'm talking about, Like I think it goes into like being like a little weird. I mean, also, we're talking about men that have always been like so good looking. All these guys have had women throwing themselves at like it's like it's gross, you know what I mean. It's like women throwing themselves at them the whole time. So they're like, I feel like he's so that he just is just know now he's married. I think he's very now. He's very now. Yeah he's married now so he's having sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well okay, but the audience needs to know that this man did fourteen years of celibacy.
Speaker 2: Yes, So when we met him and he was on Ala, he was already practicing the Seals, sellab the sceed. So we were all like freaking out because he was like that. But I want you to know that he was so serious about that. So we're trying to get him dressed and you know, there was a salast there and everything. But I think we had like a few discrepancies and size because you're usually like, you know how the girls lie about their size, so two men. Yeah, so he probably said he was like a size thirty in waist and he was like a thirty two. Oh But anyways, so everybody was like no, I say, like he was like not liking it, like you have to go in there and talk to him and whatever. And I literally opened the door and he was like, yeah, clevering, covering his baby, covering his baby, And I was like, okay, And how well was he? He was in his thirties? He was like in his thirties yeah.
Speaker 1: Grown man, Yeah yeah, no, it was young holding beautiful woman to see his people.
Speaker 2: No or or anybody for that matter, but you can see like his energy was kind of like weird, you know, because we know we're used to being around just like normal people. Wow, he is like so what I'm trying to say, Yeah he is. He's very religious. And actually loved that about him because I think religion is very important. I do, true, So I loved that he was religious and he's like super devla like Lavina a little bit. I know if you've seen his like his Mexican Yes, he's an incredible human being. He's done a lot for It's funny we're talking about him after like all these years. I still remember his cover and but back in the day, nobody was really talking about celibacy. So everybody was like, of course, what do people do. They go the other way and they start saying, oh, yeah, that's because he's you know, gay, it's not because people want to have sexic women. Yeah. Yeah. So then there were all these rumors about him, and I was like, wow, why do people just believe like that You're you know, you're just not interested, like for some people, you have to have that connection. Okay, I want to talk about his honeymoon night.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about his honeymoon night because I can't anymore. Yeah, so, after fourteen years of not having sex, what do you think his honeymoon night was? Like like he just got out of prison, right right?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk about it. No, no, no, I didn't read anything. I'm just imagining fourteen years you don't touch a human being. My gosh, do you even think he even made it inside without having his explosion, because I would think that he would have just went like all over the place.
Speaker 2: Again, Like, I don't know how you know, Like I said, celibacy could be sexual. It's usually sexual, but there's also like different degrees of celibacy, Like there's some that don't kiss, that don't touch, that don't you know within houbles, but there's some that everything's allowed except the sex and the penetration. What degree do you think I I don't know. That's very personal. Like I just by looking at you, I could tell you that, Well.
Speaker 1: If you looked at me, you know that I wasn't doing a sexual religious starvation things.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean it's like, yeah, I don't really want to live and I want to enjoy. And the thing is like I don't have problems connecting with people and either do you you know or with men you know too much? Yeah, So it's like I feel that sometimes these are personal journeys. I want to say that. And I think it's more like a masculine I think it's more of a man thing than a woman. I don't know, well, actually do know women, but the women that I know that don't have sex now or haven't had sex is because they abstained. They're abstaining from sex. Like I want people to realize that it's two different things.
Speaker 1: And why are they upselling your friends?
Speaker 2: So some of my friends that they're sex desire, that's A. And then B they're more selective and they're just more selective about the individual. You know, they feel like they're not going to give like that away or you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But you know why, I think it is.
Speaker 2: A because their sex drive isn't the same. Because when you're horny, you're not selective. It's true, right, So you know, so I feel that So that's a connection with that and and that's it. It's basically those two things, right, But you're not into it and then you're more selective.
Speaker 1: What I would think that it is. I didn't know if there was like a religious component to it. Yeah, I make I make promises all the time.
Speaker 2: Religious component? What ALRIGHTE? Like, how would this be religious about sex? But look, that's why I find it interesting with Lenny Kravitz because like he's doing this like in the best years of his life, getting because I do of.
Speaker 1: Like living the life of a Buddhist.
Speaker 2: What does he living? What is his Oh? Yes, religious sometimes Yeah it is. I mean, I don't know, I didn't read about that, but he could be like that. He gives me the vibe that he could be like a.
Speaker 1: Little literally just working out, eating super clean and.
Speaker 2: Not having sex.
Speaker 1: You might as well be dead.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think that those are the best things in life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sex, food, Yeah, and no exercise. Look, exercise. I'm the epitome of all. I'm the poster child of you. No, I don't eat food. I'm not a big eater, but I do like my sexy time and my relaxation. No exercise.
Speaker 2: No, you do the liquid diet, which is perfect right. You do the liquid you you're hydrated for sure, you're not worried.
Speaker 1: About graded and you'll never see me parched and thirsty.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. It was so much fun. I feel like we need to do in person.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep doing them in person.
Speaker 2: Yes, I really enjoy your company, and I love that you guys are listening to us. I hope you had a lot of fun with us. We've really enjoyed our time. I don't know if you're ready for another cocky.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, you know. My husband is in the kitchen listening to us waiting for us to come back in and have cocktails because it's cocktail.
Speaker 2: Cheers.
Speaker 1: Cheers. Yeah, we we love you you, so I put forward, I put forward, Thanks Forward, Thank you, thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward Podcast.
Speaker 2: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. Ataluo Astella Proxima