Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Take a look at on the stocks in the move today, joined now by Bloomberg's Isabel Lee Bloomer, Cross Asset Reporter, speaking of you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Apple getting a downgrade, getting a down grade, and that's why it shares our sinking lower by five percent today. So the price target is cut to two point fifty from three twenty five. And wet Bush dan ives which is one of the biggest bulls sites of Trump administration's tariff policy. So he said that the tariff economic armageddon unleashed by Trump is a complete disaster for Apple given its massive China production exposure. And as we know, Apple really sources majority of its supplies and equipment and all of those from China. And recall that the tiff rates related for China is at fifty four percent. Taiwan, where it gets a lot of those, is also thirty two percent. So those would really be devastating to Apple It's cost structure and ultimately consumer demand. But here's a catch. I still has an outperformance rating for Apple.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean so that's bread. Yeah, it's his brand for sure, but the details there are quite striking. A Dollar Tree, let's go through here. This also is getting some analyst comments today, But I like Dollar.
Speaker 1: Tree because it's engine higher by almost eight percent. City basically turned bullish. So City anticipates that the higher across the board tiff only positive for the discount retailer. And I got excited when I was reading this story because most of the Tireff effect is on the negative side. So City says that the higher across the board tiff will be positive. Because he said that they added the price target. If Dollar Tree basically increases from one dollar to one twenty five or one fifty or one seventy five, it will seem inevitable, but consumers would be quote accepting of the magnitude of change. And he acknowledges though that around fifty percent of the company's product is subject to higher tariffs. But still he says that he believes that they can overcome this. He changed price target to one hundred and three from seventy six dollars, and the company may benefit from consumers also trading lower, so maybe more people will go to dollar Tree. Okay, very good. I don't know see about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's just I guess the reason behind it is a little disturbing when you take a lot of the recession ons at Goldman and JP Morgan also taken.
Speaker 1: Back up as well. Still some margin impression, I would think as well, Man, the cost to get sold are going to go up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, little boy, a micro strategy. Let's end it here. So this is the bitcoin proxy, right.
Speaker 1: Bitcoin proxy, hedge fund proxy of bitcoin. Basically they're edging lware by nine percent. Micro Strategy said strategy. Rather, it will register and unrealized five point nine billion laws in the first quarter, and that's after they adopted this accounting change that requires them to value bitcoin at market prices. So the company now holds forty one point eight billion dollars worth of bitcoin and that fell by nearly five billion in the first quarter, and that's because we saw bitcoin drop around twelve percent, So this was really long timecoming. Strategy waited until the first quarter to adopt this accounting change. So prior to the change, Strategy has been classifying bitcoin as intangible, meaning it similar to trademarks. Or brand recognition, and this designation really forced Strategy to permanently, permanently mark down the value of its holding, So that's why they had this change, but it's still not good.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.