Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seats. Yeah, very funny. Comedian and activist Yeah, the host of the great award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim. Yeah, Senior fellow on comedy at the Pop Culture Collaborative. She's written for The New York Times, wrote and performed a piece on Fresh Air. He it's the hilarious, the talented.
Speaker 2: Zara nor By.
Speaker 3: What oh what hit that? Note?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, pipes, what is up?
Speaker 3: Let us go?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen the news in a while.
Speaker 1: When I miss it's been good. It's been mostly good stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh you're gonna love this man. It's gonna hit you like a fucking ship Title Wave. It's gonna blow your fucking hair back.
Speaker 3: Get ready.
Speaker 1: That never recedes.
Speaker 4: I I was hanging out with Katy Perry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in outer space.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 6: Say she didn't let you post any of the pictures that you were sending me in our text like threat with each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I couldn't look her in the eye.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I get that she's she's famous. So that's just kind of a you can't look You can't look Jalo in the eye either if you're a service provider.
Speaker 5: But you can look her in the Yes, that's.
Speaker 1: A proctologists watched out of Site for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 3: Oh, good grief. Good like that movie.
Speaker 1: Really like her performance. But for some reason, when I had watched it before, I hadn't fully taken into account everything that was going on in the backyard. And I was Jay's with my friend and we were just like, O, what what is happening right there? It was like stopped it and pushing it back like it was just like she like walking to the door, like to go answer the door, Like.
Speaker 6: What the because wait didn't she I mean she she was. She was the one that like broke the door open for people to be like, yeah, big butts are cool. The boom Era is over.
Speaker 3: Never over.
Speaker 6: The boo bears, the boom beer is timeless. But I'm saying we finally, yes, we finally acknowledged the posteriors the Glutamus, Mini miss and Maximus.
Speaker 1: Yes, and shout out to the Maximus.
Speaker 6: I also, isn't the one where George Clooney is doing all the Zippo lighter tricks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, little snapping on the I so side note that I got a promotional out of sight Zippo lighter at the time, and I was I perfected the flick open with the snap ignition and this was I was fit fifteen.
Speaker 3: I wasn't smoking.
Speaker 6: I wasn't even smoking then, and I was like stunting on people at school and They're like, you cannot be bringing a lighter to school, and I'm like, but did you see me flip it open like this and then snap the ship? And that's why I smoking.
Speaker 1: Bit open till it hurts a little because it's burning. No position, Rosie Joel. We do like to get to know our guests a little bit better by asking them we do something from their search history that is revealing about who they are. I'd like to ask you both for that, and then I understand that you've decided to trade off the overrated underrated.
Speaker 7: Yes, wait, Rosie, can you go first on search history?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can, because today I was looking up the very exciting laws around internet safety when you work for a large corporation. So I was searching exciting things such as I'm like one hundred years old, guys, I'm looking in my history.
Speaker 9: I'm like, where's the search?
Speaker 8: Guys like I don't remember the acronym, but okay, I'll tell you this is a this is a good one. Currently in my search history, I do have my training, which I was trying to learn about different kinds of important health and safety. I also have a reddit for what do people give out free at K pop concerts? Because I was making a present for my friend who loves kpop? And what's the other most interesting history?
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean give out free at a case?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Okay, let me educate you, because I too am I am like not a young hip person anymore if I ever was, and basically at K pop concerts and I'm sorry to the Taylor Swift fans it was their first. It is very common for the young girls and the young people who go to these shows. They make fan photo cards of the K pop idols. They switch kind of all kinds of merchandise. People will take classes cups, people will take those light sticks and when you go on Reddit and you look at freebies on concerts because I am just a dad who looks up everything on Reddit. They're just these unbelievable hales that these girls get when they go because there's you know, twenty thousand people there and they're all switching around.
Speaker 9: Little bracelets with their bias on it or with the name of the band.
Speaker 1: So like the Taylor Swift, it's kind of like that, but.
Speaker 8: Like more extrapolated to multiple different kinds of merchandise. And a big part of like K pop popularity is these things called photo cards where it's just like a little photo of the idol and they.
Speaker 9: Trade them kind of like trading cards. So yeah, I was looking up that kind of stuff to.
Speaker 8: Arrange a cute surprise for a friend, and I was really learning a lot, as I always do when I go on Reddit and ask a question that one hundred and forty year old men have asked before me.
Speaker 3: My daughter's going to a K pop show. Have you tried just.
Speaker 1: Going to Google and asking their ai? Absolutely not.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, dude, I'm I'm just as a as a person who spends a lot of time on the Internet and who writes a lot of articles and.
Speaker 9: Does a lot of journalism.
Speaker 8: The moment that that came up, I was like, I have to pretend it doesn't exist, yeah, because otherwise, at one point I will okay because I'm busy, and I will get got and suddenly I will be writing something completely factually inaccurate.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I gotta stay to the sources I know, the sites I know.
Speaker 8: And mostly that has just led to me just going to the thing like comic books because you can't.
Speaker 9: You got to ignore it.
Speaker 1: Google completely broken for completely, like years now, and now they just have a thing that's like what what if we just like took from the top five results that have been wrong for years?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is my first old man yells at cloud moment where my kids don't.
Speaker 9: Look at the AI.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 7: You're so frequently wrong, and it's really terrifying, Uh if you're a person who really enjoys people reading, because I feel like it's just reducing literacy, like I'm Branson by even more, and you're just like, it's it's just Google is just it used to be so accurate.
Speaker 3: You guys, remember when Google was good? Always go over there. What we were looking for? Sows was good.
Speaker 8: Oh, Michael, Well, I mean I remember using as jeeves guys, I used as I've ever been.
Speaker 6: That was kind of the beginning of the AI creep though, because with ask jeeves, I remember it was so totally set up to be like rather than a search term like yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly in a conversational way.
Speaker 6: But I mean the more I look at like AI and I hear like like like men talk.
Speaker 3: About it's like dude, like you can actually do therapy.
Speaker 6: On there and stuff like, I'm like, I'm now convinced AI was just created so men didn't have to appear like they didn't know anything.
Speaker 9: And no, I think that you I think it was.
Speaker 8: That is one of the biggest problems with it is it is exactly that because I didn't realize in my you know, naivete as somebody who's just too old to have been suckered into it. Multiple friends that I have who work with people who are in their twenties are just constantly catching them using it like it has become the go to so quickly to just put something through chat, gutp or ask them a question. And then people come on the internet as they always have done and act like they are an expert source. But the funny thing is now they are getting it from like a Before you might have gone to a fandom site, like fans sourced media and archival spaces are really really important and have for a long time been like at the heart of a lot of genre fandoms. But you would go there and you would read someone else's thing. You would maybe do some research, or maybe you just quote it from Wikipedia. But now you're literally just quoting something wrong. Like nine times out of ten that AI answer is going to be absolutely incorrect. I was looking up something about the technological safety.
Speaker 9: I'm really sure I'm making this corporation feel great.
Speaker 1: I obviously have.
Speaker 9: All the lingo down. I don't worry. I will never put a USB stick where it doesn't belong, guys.
Speaker 3: I know that much.
Speaker 1: But the thing that you learn in those trainings is if you find a USB stick in the.
Speaker 3: Parking lot, don't don't load it up.
Speaker 1: Don't don't just take pick it up and plug it directly into your computer as I had been doing for you.
Speaker 8: I don't date it because whose computer even still has a USB correctly exactly?
Speaker 3: No one may buy a dongle. Yeah, but what this USB. I really need it.
Speaker 8: But like even during that while I was trying to understand a bit more about like these different legislations have come in in the last twenty you know, since twenty fifteen or whatever, every time I would be googling to try and understand more about it, because I'm like, if I'm going to do the training, I may as well actually learn something. So I googled it and then they are legit giving me like the incorrect answer and information in the top, while the correct thing is in the you know the answer below, and that I think as well, Joel, you must you must know this feeling Me and Joel both came up like doing you know, journalism, entertainment, journalism and stuff, and if you wrote like a big deep dive interview or a law piece five years ago, the best kind of feeling of achievement was if yours was the first answer on Google, you would be like, Okay, I'm the most cited. I'm ever like this is me now, I'm like that better not fucking ever question, AI, I definitely got something wrong.
Speaker 1: Like right, yeah, I mean it just generally like it's a is a perfect replacement for men in that they just created a machine that will give an answer that isn't correct, very confidently made by men for men, and you don't place men, you.
Speaker 6: Don't, and you don't have to struggle in public square of men because you can quietly just you know, like your phone and even for fucking therapy. Yeah, I mean I know, and like I can see that there are potentially non malicious applications of it. But like when I see the amount of people like reflexively like just think that that's the answer, that's what that's what spooks me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joel, is there something from your search history that's really It's.
Speaker 7: So funny you bring up Ka Pop because I was hanging up Black Pink tickets. I like, I like Jenny, She's cool. Uh, everybody loves Lata Lisa, she's pretty. See girl's got her a little uh up a song that I'm it's like, maybe see the Girls song is everywhere. It's literally taken over my feet. And I was like, well, maybe I'll go, but tickets are more expensive, and then I paid for Beyonce.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh shit, I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: I think I can't do that.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 7: So I'm just gonna wait and there's still a ton of tickets lefto, so I'm like, maybe closure to the concert.
Speaker 8: We'll say, what about this, Joel. This is not an advertisement, as I am not sponsored, but I do enjoy the game Time app where you can buy a ticket like two hours before a show and it's like twenty bucks. That was what happened with Beyonce last time. There was all these people buying floor show tickets for.
Speaker 9: Like sixty bucks. Wow tour like.
Speaker 8: As long as you're like a couple of hours away. So I think you got the right idea.
Speaker 3: Wait, I haven't explored the game.
Speaker 7: Time appy yet, but let me download it because I'm also looking at floor seats for the WNBA games when those started back up. You know I've been wanting to go, haven't you, Yes, because it was you you were telling you about how much when the WNBA games were and I was like, I got to go check these things out.
Speaker 8: The WNBA you can buy because the Sparks ended up as the lowest team, if not maybe one of I think it was the lowest ranked. But and I went to the last game and it was unbelievable. The girl I just wanted to cry. She was like, I'm so sorry, We'll do better, like the captain of the team, and I was like, no, you are amazing, Like it's okay. None of us watching this are professional athletes, but that's like it's okay, Like you didn't do the cheapest they had. When I emailed to find out about the season tickets, they had season tickets that started at like four hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: Not terrible seats all the time.
Speaker 7: I just to the big place for the queer girlies to like hang out, meet one another, see amazingly tall Amazon women on each other, like I'm just really.
Speaker 8: Here for And I will add another selling point, which is when I went, two of the girls had a fist fight. It was pretty Griner and one of the girls from the Spots and they got in a fist fight and they literally pretty got the game and they both got ejected, just straight up ejected.
Speaker 9: It was it was pretty sick. I'm not going to sports.
Speaker 7: Fight is a top tier. I've never been to a sporting event where there's been a fist fight. But if there's one happening and I'm like, I'm on my feet immediately, I like, let's go, let's see.
Speaker 5: I just love I don't you know fighting I r L but sports in real.
Speaker 3: Life, that's it.
Speaker 5: Those are billionaires punching each other.
Speaker 4: We should be.
Speaker 9: Somebody writing somewhere it's like, just let them fight, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a lot of there's a lot of blood lust right now in the sports fandom.
Speaker 3: Like there there are a.
Speaker 1: Couple of NBA series that we have a really good chance of in Round one of the NBA Playoffs of going spilling over into street fights and everyone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like the same reason people watch hockey, they just want to see somebody beat someone else up right. That's the the same reason people go to the to see any kind of large, slightly dangerous event is like, oh, what if it went wrong?
Speaker 9: Like there's a human curiosity there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you're right twenty twenty five springing out the Bloodluss.
Speaker 1: What if the horses and the Kentucky Derby started fighting each other?
Speaker 5: Okay, I would want to kind you want to see the animals fight?
Speaker 9: Up your hoops?
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Felipe uh I.
Speaker 10: Was thinking a lot about this one. I'm going to make both of my underrated and my overrated things about sports. I think because I have to say it here in this country, soccer. Soccer is incredibly underrated, underrated. Yeah, it's my favorite sport. It's incredible. It's insane, the level of athleticism that you have to have to play it, and like people run, like those players run like six miles twelve miles every three days. And I'm like, it's not about the goals. Also, like there's really cool goals. So yeah, yeah, yeah, So soccer is a big thing that I think is underrated here.
Speaker 6: Who's your Who's your team? I mean probably obviously the Columbia national team.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Columbia national team, which, as they say in the book, like Columbia is a great nation whose people will never let you down unless they play for the men's national team, which because they will always let you down.
Speaker 3: Shout out David Asina. You know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Arsenal Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah and it Spina actually played for my favorite club, which is Arsenal in London.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, I'm right there, bro, I know.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, let me vibe check real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are riding high right now, right real Madrid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking beauty. That was Oh my god, I love throwing it in the haters. There's so many real Madrid fans were like, just wait, bro, have you heard have you heard of We're gonna We're gonna win back it now? Y'all? Y'all are trash anyway? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you guys thought about like adding dunks to the game. I just feel like maybe, like if you could like dunk, it would be cool.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 3: Shots from outside the box are like dunking. Bro, Okay, those you like a goal?
Speaker 10: If a goal comes from outside the box, it should count for two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many like, let's change this sport that sounds so beautiful that you love so much. Change it for the American audience. Maybe maybe rock and jocket a little bit. Maybe there's ten pointers from random spots.
Speaker 6: If you watch the South American League, they take fucking rips from outside the box. Like if it would be those scores would be wacky for the amount of like outside of the box I've seen in South American League.
Speaker 10: Be cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 10: He here's my here's the thing that will probably get me excommunicated from the United States college sports. Don't get it has never been my thing. Or got it, Like I didn't go to college here, but I'm like, these are just like twenty two year olds were late for cam you know, right right? Why is everyone so like riled up about this? You know what, do you all have jobs? You're no longer in college?
Speaker 6: This is this is my theory about it, Felipe, because the reason I really love football, let's call it football, that's what that's what it's called, is the sort of tribalism around the supporter culture.
Speaker 3: Like everybody has a club.
Speaker 6: Everybody is devoted to their their respective club or national team. They will they will dress up, they will get together on match days to experience it all. And I think college football is the closest thing in America that we have that's localized enough that even if you live in Nebra, where you have no professional sports team, you have a college team that allows you to be like, we are Nebraska, this is our team. We fuck with them, these are enemies. So I think that's the one parallel I see. But the difference being is they don't have the fun chance and so yeah.
Speaker 10: Like cancer doing soccer amazing, But but I get that actually, like this is the first time someone's like presented that like that way of looking at it, like I understand that a little bit more. It's it really is just like one of those things where like it's so weird to me. Sometimes I'll see like a grown man with like a like a ku like jacket, and I'm like you, sir, you you have daughters.
Speaker 1: And then I presume I didn't cry at either of their birds, but did cry the last time that team.
Speaker 3: Oh man, when Rafel friends was there.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, and it is getting sorry, Jacques vaugh you know, the list goes on.
Speaker 3: Damn. Why were they so French?
Speaker 1: Joel?
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean we were not familiar with your game.
Speaker 1: It's it's now basically becoming more of more like corporations where you are hiring people out, like the way that the system is set up. Like at first it was you they were on. The athletes were only paid with their education, which was not good because this amorphous entity, the NCAA is making all the money and just like not sharing any of it with the athletes. But they they then switched it and now it's just this weird thing where like people change teams constantly, Like it almost feels like when somebody is like, oh, you want to do it your way, fine, and they like make it bad on purpose, you know, like they've just like not put any rules in to make it so that any team keeps players that like are are there. It's everybody has to switch constantly. But anyways, it is I get what you're saying, Like from an outside perspective, I feel like it would be like, what the fuck is anybody talking about?
Speaker 10: Totally Yeah, it's totally like I didn't grow up with this. It's like when you go to your like like a friend's house and everyone's like, oh, for dinner, we're gonna have my favorite like tune a pasta or whatever, and it's like you're like everyone I likesta, but it's like everyone in the home is like this is amazing.
Speaker 2: And you don't forget dance to the castle dance Dad, just like embarrassed for everyone.
Speaker 1: I actually don't feel that good.
Speaker 3: Could I?
Speaker 1: I might have to call my parents pick me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chicken tastes like wood.
Speaker 1: Hey, myles, have you ever gone over a friend's house? Food just ain't no good?
Speaker 3: No good.
Speaker 1: From Bottle of ko Peck take That verse is mind blowing to me?
Speaker 3: What fun?
Speaker 1: What an unexplored direction that rap could have taken. Where if they had gone with that verse as the one that worked from Rappers Delight?
Speaker 6: Could you imagine if rappers rather than starting off I said a hip hop, a hip and they just started with.
Speaker 1: Have you ever got over a fritastic? And the food just ain't no good? The macaroni sug like. Rap is just like poor food commentary and stant like failed stand up comedy is like the direction that all rap goes.
Speaker 10: Have you ever noticed that airplane food is not as good as.
Speaker 3: To deal with?
Speaker 1: How small these peanut packages? All right, felipe, wonderful getting to know you. We're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna come back and we're going to talk about some news.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and we're back. We're coming back in mid mid laughter. We have fun when you guys aren't around. I hate to tell I hate to tell you guys this. We actually sometimes have more fun when you guys aren't around when we're in at breaks.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, that sounds like a thing parents would say.
Speaker 1: To there, Ye.
Speaker 3: Say this, daddy, have way more fun.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny that my kids are terrified of that. No they're like, well, what do you guys do when we're not? They have fomo like And also, my youngest has so much like angst about the two years before he was born.
Speaker 3: But what did he do?
Speaker 1: Like, what did you guys do with him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, So he thinks about the before times of him white, which is wild because so for me, like my existential fear is all about end of end of life.
Speaker 1: But and somebody once met like put into perspective for me by being like, well, are you worried about the time before you were alive? I'm like no, Well then why would you be worried about the time after you're alive? And I was like, shut up, okay, no, I was like, that's a that's a really good point. My son has has fear of before he was alive.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, I just tell my kid, I was fucking what was I doing before you were?
Speaker 5: I was up every time.
Speaker 1: I was putting in the work to make you mama was busting it open.
Speaker 6: Okay, don't worry about me already, worry about you.
Speaker 3: Worry about you.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's talk about Pete Haggs after real quick. Yeah, sorry, this is a will they won't they a bit of where Monday morning it was Pete Hagg said he gone, or.
Speaker 6: It was at least the reporting was the search has begun, has begun to replace him from morning, yeah he gone?
Speaker 1: What now it is he might not be gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Caroline, I really searching.
Speaker 5: I mean, it really seems like they just like, you know, skim the top.
Speaker 6: Just kind of well they they skimmed the top of Fox News to find yeah, exactly, and now they will just be skimming the like sort of closing hours of a TGI Fridays near the bar to find a replacement I think for the new Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 6: But Caroline Levitt, the White House spokesperson, was just like, no, Pete is fine, he's safe. This is all fake news, and everyone in the Pentagon is against him, which might be true because everything we're reading now in this last week is like we have Republican Congressman Don Bacon coming out and he's like, this guy's an amateur, like he shouldn't be there, essentially calling for his resignation. More people inside the Pentagon are telling the press that everyone hates this fucking guy because he's a greasy piece of shit.
Speaker 1: And her excuse was like, he's fine, it's just everyone in the Pentagon hates him, the Pentagon being the thing that he's supposed to be. Yes, they're like, they're like, doesn't that mean he's bad at his job?
Speaker 3: This is what they do. It's never that he's there.
Speaker 1: It's just everybody in the locker room fucking hates him. Okay, we're not firing him.
Speaker 3: He's a good coach.
Speaker 1: It's just all of the basketball players on his team hate him. But the coach isn't the one that goes out there on the field to get the result. It's the soul. It's the people underneath. It's the players.
Speaker 3: That's why that's important.
Speaker 1: They've all just said that they hate him and refuse to play for him.
Speaker 3: Oh so then what do we do?
Speaker 6: Fire off his fault? Yeah, I mean that's not yeah, exactly what is. And it's clear though too. I think as you know, there's been all these exits. He's fired aids for being leakers. But you can only purge so many people at the Pentagon before it stops functioning. And that's something that at least people around Trump are aware of. It's like, you can't just fire fucking everyone or else, we don't have the big nasty killing machine that is the United States Military that we can threaten people with.
Speaker 3: If we don't have big.
Speaker 6: Nasty killing machine, we don't have much to threaten people with anymore. So we gotta really be clear that the big nasty killing machine operates at you know, somewhat optimal levels. So now we're at the point where Pete haig Seth, as we saw on Easter Sunday, fighting for his life. It continued Tuesday morning where Brian kill Me did him a solid his former Fox and Friends Morning show for you know, Homie had him on for a segment. Kicks off this whole segment about like everyone's against me with really a very tragic Freudian slip, or maybe not tragic, just very He's probably just saying, what's to come here to set.
Speaker 11: The record, Strate himself, the former Secretary of the current Secretary of State, Pete heg Seth, former host right here on Fox and Friends.
Speaker 6: Pete great to say, if it's secretary, see you, I like you then didn't even get his title right, former Secretary of U, Secretary of State.
Speaker 11: Like that the record, Strate himself, former Secretary of the current Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: No, that's Marco Rubio fan and also he said former the former current.
Speaker 3: I mean he doesn't wash his hands after he pisses. What I mean, you said it, you said that years ago, Pete.
Speaker 1: That's off the dumbest story that somebody can be introduced to us on on this podcast then leads to them having a major role in history.
Speaker 6: To being the in charge of the killing machine is mister pans Pete? Yeah, not great, not great. So yes, he basically is there now to really perform for camera to beg Trump because Trump watches Fox News that Pete, he saith it is like this is just this this, this is just all a bunch of leaking. Now you tell me if this next sort of exchange is a good lie for Pete, he said. Some people are saying he's flatling and he's doing that thing again with like a lot of big facial gestures like he's Jim from the office looking down at the camera lens.
Speaker 1: He's gone barrel down. I mean, this one it makes this one is designed for that.
Speaker 6: But this one he's got he's given us facial he is eating in this performance in reality.
Speaker 11: Secretary, I guess I can conclude this. We know some bizarre situation with Michael Wallt's happened with the first time the whole thing with the signal app came out.
Speaker 1: You believe this came out.
Speaker 11: They said it was called team huddle because so one of the people work for you, one of the three who no longer are there, leaked this out as a way.
Speaker 3: To get back at you.
Speaker 6: Okay, I just want to point out that I like that he leads him to what this next time.
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a great idea. Yeah, that's that's that's what happened.
Speaker 6: Then you're not some like drunk fuck up who's way out of his league. Here is Secretary of Defense. It's that someone is telling on you, right, that's the problem. You're getting told on tattletales.
Speaker 1: It's just tattle tales. Yeah, that person who you had to fire as a bitch.
Speaker 3: Is that what the problem is. And let's let pete he saith yes, and this to the maybe save his career. We'll see.
Speaker 12: That's right, Brian, when you dismiss people who you believe are leaking classified information. And again, the investigation is ongoing and that will take time, and if when.
Speaker 3: The evidence produced, it will go to DJ. Why would it.
Speaker 12: Surprise anybody, Brian if those very same people keep leaking to the very same reporters whatever information they think they can to try to sabotage problems of the present character.
Speaker 3: So once a leaker, always.
Speaker 12: A leaker, often a leaker, and so we look for leakers because we take it very seriously serious and we will do the investigation. And if those people are exonerated, fantastic.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I'm.
Speaker 3: Once a leak, always a leaker, a leakin a leaker. Wow.
Speaker 1: And his whole point is like, yeah, did the thing, but they told on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that.
Speaker 5: Is a level of lying I did when I was like.
Speaker 3: Eight, Sure, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: We've all improved since then.
Speaker 6: Come on, you realize that it's intellectually does you no good to be like you so like you're caught and you're like it's because this person told him. He's like, no, no, no, you have to actually attack the like you're the event that you're responsible for.
Speaker 3: How do you account for that?
Speaker 6: And if it's always this is the same thing that Trump does all the time. It's never explaining your actions or like justifying, it's about complaining that you got caught. It's like, oh, talk about let me see your DMS. You're talking to other women?
Speaker 3: How come you got my phone?
Speaker 6: It's like no, no, no, no, no, why are you talking to other women in your DM?
Speaker 3: No? How did you get my phone?
Speaker 1: Viola?
Speaker 3: I trust you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, And now how am I supposed to trust you now? Right?
Speaker 5: So we're watching that clip just to see his eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his eyes when he's like so, it's like, yeah, it is, truly, it really went full. I think he's talking about corn carn Cob TV pretty soon. Yeah, it really felt like the guy from corn Cob TV.
Speaker 3: They told me that he did, told me that I didn't do.
Speaker 6: Sh so close to him, saying that, like you're here that these are the receipts, sir.
Speaker 5: He should have been shaving his eyelashes that whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his eyelashes are a little too long and luxurious.
Speaker 5: They want him out.
Speaker 1: He's a glamour queen. I do just want to it. Also, there there are rumblings that Elon Musk on his way out. Also, he's claiming he's not but people. The Washington Post is reporting that he has grown weary of attacks from the left and that his hand might be forced because of Tesla's plummeting stock price, which I would love for him to leave. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna say that. My man a song.
Speaker 4: About this, Yeah, yeah, it goes Eline Musk.
Speaker 5: When will you leave? Go to space forever down to Hell or in.
Speaker 6: A volcano down to Hell, or maybe go to Mars and do that scene from Total Recall where their helmets break and they're like.
Speaker 4: Ah, maybe King Kom crushes you anything anything literally anything literally anything, He's just leave.
Speaker 6: This is I mean, it does Your point JACKI about the stock price makes sense because this story's coming out the day or like this headline came out the day before the Tesla earnings call. Yeah, so as of right now, we don't know because that's the next big performance from Elon Musk that a lot of people are looking for. It's like, what are you gonna say, man, The stock's down like forty percent and it's all because of you and your Nazi stuff.
Speaker 5: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Like when he leaves these we're not going to magically forget that he did the Nazi salute. That's what That's where I do think the I do think the whole point that the media has been ignoring the Nazi salute to Okay, go ahead, I have to I have.
Speaker 4: To dropped a white man to say, why are we all even talking? He took everybody's social security?
Speaker 3: Right he has? And also just all the information.
Speaker 1: Yeah day two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but what why are any of us? What should have happened is we eliminated everybody's social security, we reissued them, re certified them, and.
Speaker 5: Got that clown out of town.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't.
Speaker 5: I will not get over it, and we just keep tacking on. I can't.
Speaker 6: It's going to I mean at this point, like all everything that had to be done, I guess in terms of the project twenty twenty five of it all if Elon has done a good job from their perspective with Doge helling it man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So I mean just check in on Jack though. Are you okay that I interrupted you like that?
Speaker 1: And I call it's gonna take a lot of work. It's gonna take a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Can trust you any more?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How am I supposed to trust you?
Speaker 5: Your eyelashes are.
Speaker 1: After you went through my phone soft and squishy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am very squished. Look at those eyelash I knew you were a soft boy.
Speaker 1: I do think the thing that's probably going to keep hurting the Tesla stock price is the Nazi salute. I think that one's gonna have. I think that that one's going to die hard in the culture, the old cultural memory, when you're trying to when you're part of selling a product that relies on people thinking your brand is cool. I think it's kind of a bummer for people to see you out on Maine doing a massive, emphatic Nasi Nazi salute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially the cack off the administration that day saying all eyes on you, motherfucker, and you're like, okay, here's my chance.
Speaker 5: Listen. My tzar predictions are like really slaying right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I've said that's that really filled my ego in a way that I wasn't for.
Speaker 3: This is what I do. I give nicknames.
Speaker 5: You're really good.
Speaker 1: Wow, God you. And there's one other public figure who gives a lot of nicknames. I can't remember who is.
Speaker 5: No one cares.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump was always biting my fucking style, dude.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Nazis are the act one villain everyone kills and is fine with it. There is no one else you can just like kill in TV and film that everyone just like gets over humans ze Kyle, Yeah, you give.
Speaker 5: Them a hat, you you.
Speaker 4: Whatever, they do a salute, you see something that even looks like Nazish to kill them, and everyone moves on. This country is being set up for a war, I'm saying, because the whole rest of the world of the Last World War was for Nazis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well we'll seem to be the bad guy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean we've been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been the bad guy.
Speaker 6: But now it's like, but now it's conforming to like the media informed version of good and evil.
Speaker 3: Are like, well, they're the Nazis now.
Speaker 6: I think that's also like the hard part with it in America too, because especially in America, like every like for the last sixties years of media, it's been like.
Speaker 13: Not kill the fucking Nazis.
Speaker 6: And that's why you have some people who are like, yeah, man, it's kind of different. Other people are still like I don't know. I mean, all the video games and movies I saw are kind of like tarnish that brand.
Speaker 3: But hey, we shall see, we shall see, we.
Speaker 4: Shall I don't have to literally, I worked at Blockbuster, so many movies.
Speaker 1: Seen it all, see them all, see them all.
Speaker 3: They die, they die, and no one cares.
Speaker 5: No one cares. We all just we rally around kill the fucking Nazis.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, it's just interesting to me how we can be over here being like, oh, this sucks and I can't wait for this to change, and I'll just keep my head down and you know, hope it gets better at some point and somebody gets in there. But like, meanwhile, the whole world is watching because we have like the world's largest nuclear arsenal, and they're just not gonna let us.
Speaker 5: Keep it if.
Speaker 4: We're run by Nazis, you know what I mean that they have a stock in that too. If we don't, like, if we're not like, hey, that's a problem. The rest of the world isn't cool with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're definitely in that process of the rest of the world like, oh man, what the h They've got a guy who's lost his mind as their president and right now we're just at tariffs and you know, and and just and I mean not even just that, and disappearing people and trafficking them to El Salvador into gulags and ship Yeah, the the evidence is mounting for sure, but I think.
Speaker 5: Canada take out the cavalry.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you made your nice Canadian friend mad.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and we united them for a moment right now they're like, yeah, America's gotta go.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: It does feel like, I don't know, it's been a while since it felt like they faced consequences. I think because of how incompetent the main like National Democratic Party is like it it just it feels like the rules of politics no longer apply to them, and so they're just doing so they won that election where it seemed like they might have just left the rules of normal politics behind and rather than like being like, okay, maybe we test the border, the boundaries of this new power immediately went for went sighialing on the like main stage like did you see the MTG like tweet on the morning the Pope died, Like normally you wouldn't want to alienate all Catholics in America, she tweeted. She tweeted in response to the Pope dying. Today there were major shifts in global leaderships. Evil is being defeated by the hand of God, like straight up yes, yeah, yeah, all over again, just as easily not said that, but.
Speaker 3: That's look, I can't wait for there to be the Black Pope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're about to have a fucking some kind of a cardiac event, baby.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, they're having like the Apprentice reality TV of like firing cabinet members.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You know what would be the ultimate reality TV show though, m.
Speaker 3: Hm the Bible? Oh, Conclave, Conclave, Yeah, fucked that one up.
Speaker 5: Conclave.
Speaker 3: Conk.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movie Conclave where they it's it was nominated for an Academy Award this past year. You're gonna like it. It's a it is a blast. It's a movie that's like super watchable and fun. That's about like the most boring seeming topic. But it's like about the choosing, like how they choose a pope, and it's they like all get the close the fortress around the building and nobody's allowed to come in or leave as until they've decided who the next pope is. And the only way that like information comes out is through like smoke signals. It's very strange, but anyways, it's a it's a rollicking good time at the movies. I highly recommend it. But if they could get it if they could get cameras in there, just go full reality TV. Oh my god, yeah, yeah, get the producers of the Amazing Race.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's like, yeah, it's the new making the band.
Speaker 6: But a few auditioning they're like, I really liked him, but his dancing was not great and his Latin is terrible.
Speaker 1: Big Brother Vatican super producer Victor suggested.
Speaker 3: I like it. I think the real world Vatican.
Speaker 5: How did I miss it? Oh yeah, I was just pumping breast milk for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 14: What was your favorite ad Jack that just played?
Speaker 1: Oh man, the one where Jeff Bezos came on himself and just talked to us about progressive politics and like how we need to forget about forget about them. But and let I think he said, just let me handle it, you guys.
Speaker 6: Well, the actual thing when he goes the progressive politics forget about.
Speaker 1: It, Jeff Bezos drunk. No anyways, Yeah, so this is one of those familiar positions of having to shoot down dumb conspiracies about something that itself sucks. And is not worth defending. But there were so there was a ton of conspiracy theories last week that Kate So, Katie Perry and Gail King and Jeff Bezos' girlfriend and a bunch.
Speaker 6: Of Sanchiz former former local news in Los Angeles, Yes, Fox List what they went to space came back and people were like, I don't believe it, because.
Speaker 1: I think they were just like most people hadn't been paying attention when the billionaires were going to space and just like kind of dipping their toe in the space and being like, technically, we've been to space. In your face, everybody.
Speaker 3: Right, I am an astronaut.
Speaker 1: Any questions an astronaut, and you will address me as such.
Speaker 14: The big astronaut story before this was people someone lived in space for not that couple, yes, like nine months or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that in fact, yeah, people were people were comparing pictures of Katy Perry on her like little ten minute space space in quotes flight with pictures of the astronaut who had been there for six months, and they were like, that looks like space hair. The woman who had been there, whose hair was just like flowing in all directions, whereas Katy Perry's hair was like still kind of and didn't look like it had even been hit by much wind, to be honest, And people were like, that's she didn't actually go to space, and like that's true in the technical set.
Speaker 6: Like it's true that she went to space in the technical sense, right that she right, she crossed that threshold sixty two miles yeah, in the sky that now you are in space.
Speaker 3: But I think it's the micro gravity of it all that people were like, would your fucking MICROGRAVI the hair's does move?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's all and there's so one of the things they were pointing to was the hair. Another thing they were pointing to was that like when space capsules come back to Earth from being actually like in outside of the atmosphere in space, they like get burnt and like you can see like the burn marks on them, and this one was nice and clean, and people were like, that's well, this just looks like they just like took it and placed it there. And of course that's because it didn't have to come It didn't it didn't enter orbit and then have to come back through the atmosphere and like turn into a ball of fire. It just like hit the technical limit of space right and then came back. It was like dipping its toe in a pool and then being like, I'm an Olympic swimmer.
Speaker 14: You know, and if you were faking it, you would muddy it a little, you would. This is like a rookie move to have a pristine capsule come back if you're gonna fake it right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There's also the thing about like Jeff Bezos opened the door inward.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know what the fuck that's supposed to mean.
Speaker 14: Wait, it's so funny the video. Have you seen it.
Speaker 3: I'n't seen that. I haven't seen that clip. I saw that he goes up.
Speaker 14: They want this big moment where Jeff is like opening the capsule, but someone inside opens it before he gets there. He just landed, and they go to open it and they're like the press persons like close it, close it because they want this big like camera mode Jeff opening it, but they had already opened this.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the thing.
Speaker 6: People, I mean, right, like the people who have actually you know, used that as the main point of their critique. I think that's where it should because there's too many people who like, who.
Speaker 1: Gives a shit?
Speaker 6: At these broads when out of they're not fucking at like whatever. To that part, it's like it's the it's the the going along with the Jeff Bezos vanity space thing while like we're well, meanwhile on Earth, everything is falling apart and we have terrible inequalities, Like come read the fucking room here for a second, Like that's I think. The more the critiques that I've read that, I'm like, yeah, that's that's a bad look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently it takes a ton of jet fuel to like get this thing to the border of space. Like to the point that people were saying that this used, this was as damaging to the environment as the entirety of Taylor Swift's Eras tour.
Speaker 3: Is that an actual measurement they did?
Speaker 1: I saw that somewhere, so I can tell that.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that I saw it on the internet.
Speaker 1: I did see that on the Why.
Speaker 14: Don't you guys support women reaching new heights? That's what I'm hearing. Why can't we let them?
Speaker 1: That's what's so frustrating about is just like the it's like they make us have to like side with like, well, what you're gonna be one of these right wing trolls that says that this is like artificial, It's.
Speaker 6: Like, well, no, I don't think it's artificial. It's just it's just superficial. It's just dumb, and it's just it's it's meaningless in the sense that like this is just helps bring more attention to Bezos's space program and Katie Perry's.
Speaker 3: Tour, which is so weird.
Speaker 6: And she's like flashing the set list like you're you're spending your time in space, like and my tour, no one will go to. Here's a set list for you to see. Those are other parts. I'm just like such an eye roll. Meanwhile, like the two other people that were actual like scientists.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that there aren't.
Speaker 6: They aren't being being mentioned in the same breath because like those should people.
Speaker 3: Actual scientists, right, Dale came of it all. I don't know in the Laura Laura Sanchez of it all? Who who knows?
Speaker 14: But it is it Sometimes people just use anything as a chance to express their hate for a specific person. Some of this feels very just like, oh, a lot of people just don't like Katie Perry. Yeah, this is yeah new fuel because they all deserve equal hate. If it's like the project at large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of the things that people are pointing out about this flight are true of like the many of the flights that like billionaires took to space, but because these are women, everybody is pissed off and like the returning up one of the ones they're like, look at this picture. There's like a dummy's hand in the capsule and it was like a capsule from like a test flight in twenty seventeen. They just like switched it in for like just to I don't know, it's like to make the case that yeah.
Speaker 6: It's such a bigger l to like come after this thing. And then with the stupidest angle like.
Speaker 3: Did you do this picture from twenty seventeen? What?
Speaker 1: Not real? Like why why would they fake it? Yea.
Speaker 6: In the Daily Mail, there was like this whole thing about like Katy Perry regretting Blue Origin flight and amidst continued criticism, it said after after insiders told Daily Mail after the flight sparked backlash that Perry has taken the criticism hard and was stunned by the public, branding her quote tone deaf and quote embarrassing. This with the insider said Katie doesn't regret going to space. It was life changing. What she does regret is making a public spectacle out of it.
Speaker 3: M M.
Speaker 14: Maybe maybe they need to take up book a page out of like the peat hagscept book. Just don't change course, Katie Perrot. Just you did the thing, stand by it. Don't admit you've done anything wrong. Just be proud of what you did. Just just makes it look weird.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, the tour would go.
Speaker 14: Would y'all? I love free stuff.
Speaker 6: I would lie I would go live on TikTok and see if I see if it goes up that far. I don't know, I mean up up there. Maybe I want to say.
Speaker 1: I have no do to do that.
Speaker 6: I want to, I mean I want to go to outer space just generally as a sensation. But like if I have to do that and be one of like Jeff Bezos's like, uh little puppets on the ship, I don't know about that.
Speaker 14: So you do a SpaceX flight then yeah, yeah, SpaceX definitely more for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, that one.
Speaker 1: Goes for the opportunity to shake hands with Jeff Bezos's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, that was I was like always one of the highest thoughts I had in college, was like, do you remember that guy Felix Bombgartner like jumped out of that hot air balloon from outer space? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That to me, I was like, dude, I want to get so high and do that, like just purely, both literally and literally in both ways. Just just burn up, go up in that hot air balloon and be like, I'm about to feel infinity all That was the thing I'd always say in college.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, just feeling infinity all around you. That ship must be crazy. Yeah, that was my thing.
Speaker 14: So they need to take the six women that did the space fight and just hot box in a car and let's watch the same. Just get them as high as possible. I want to see Gail King high. I think she could go to space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that way, she'd probably say some really interesting stuff I'd imagine.
Speaker 1: All right, I do just want to talk about the weekend box office. Ryan Coogler's Sinners beat a Minecraft Movie dethroned a Minecraft Movie and became the number one movie at the box office. It made forty five point six million domestically sixty one million worldwide, beating expectations. It's the best opening for an original film since pre pandemic times.
Speaker 3: Wait, so which one was? Oh? Us? So? Us was the last movie?
Speaker 6: Which was the original pre pam hun okay, so another black hell interesting film that just it blew away expectations overperforming people would.
Speaker 3: Say to be slightly pegeorged. It's actually overperforming.
Speaker 1: The expectations are always low. That's so weird when it's a black filmmaker about these filmmakers that they haven't come.
Speaker 3: Is Ryan Coogler black?
Speaker 1: I believe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh nah, I couldn't be. I know a couple guys named Ryan who aren't so most of.
Speaker 3: The Ryans I know my homies Ryan all.
Speaker 1: White guy, all white dude. But yeah, So there's a couple headlines. There's a Variety story and a New York Times story that like on Sunday, so like the day that the box office is being like U reported. It immediately had the backlash take of actually this isn't that good? Oh like Sovbariety said. Sinners has a mass sixty one million in its global debut. It's a great result for an original R rated horror film. Yet the Warner Brothers release has a ninety million dollar price tag before global marketing expenses, so profitability remains a ways away.
Speaker 6: Sounds like if it does even a fraction of what it did this first weekend, it's profitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a ways away though, like multiple days, you know, Jet no never how we report on box office ever before, But in this case, for some.
Speaker 6: Reason, variety can't get fucked. They were the same people that put up that dumb Rachel Zegler hit piece laying like the failures of snow White on at her feet and being like I think it was because she's pro Palestinian and the and then you know she had to do her politics all out loud. That Galagha doc got death threats, and you're like, what is the meaning of this piece at all? Like this is nothing to do with the movie.
Speaker 14: Who are they in the pockets of like the studios?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's an and it's a trade.
Speaker 6: So like they all have direct sort like lines to heads of studios that are like we needed you know, it's like any media.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 14: I saw somewhere that the director gets the rights to this film back in twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which they don't like.
Speaker 3: It's kind Yeah, I.
Speaker 14: Think studios want to take this down and.
Speaker 3: Not exactly, it's not just a pure in it's just like this.
Speaker 6: This could be everyone's like also spinning it as like a cautionary tale, like don't give the black creator too much now, because it's interesting to compare it to it Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Because so. The New York Times also claimed Sinner's success has a big asterisks, again arguing that profitability is far away, and they also pointed out, Zach, what you were talking about that Ryan Kugler gets to own the movie after twenty five years? The New York Times said, despite not paying for any of it, he gets to own it. You know, he only wrote, directed, and conceived of it.
Speaker 6: But doing mask off sentence even though he didn't he's not paying for it.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, Mistergler will then own it despite not paying for it.
Speaker 6: Wow, let me bow and prostrate to the studio for exploiting my creative.
Speaker 3: Like what are you fucking talking about? I think?
Speaker 1: But yeah, so just real quick to compare it to Once upon a Time in Hollywood they had this same deal structure. First of all, Tarantino like got ownership of that movie after a number of years. So this is not as unprecedent as people are making it seem One made forty five million on three thousand, three hundred screens after the pandemic, and Tarantino made forty one million, so less on three thousand and six hundred screens, so way more screens, which means that they had higher expectations. And when that movie came out, everyone was like, it's a certified box office smash for Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, No, no it wasn't. I mean, I think just the other stuff. You see so many handring so much hand ringing, and like these other headlines like it.
Speaker 3: Could be the end of the studio system.
Speaker 6: And I mean, I think a lot of the questions around quote unquote profitability, I'm sure they have nothing to do with the fact that, again Ryan Kogler, in negotiating this masterfully, he also secured a first dollar gross deal, meaning he makes money the second tickets are sold. He gets a taste of the box office the second tickets starts selling, as opposed to then like waiting for the studio to recoup costs, and then you get a taste of those profits.
Speaker 3: Like it's they're like, oh.
Speaker 6: God, this this black man is getting too much. Now, this could be the end of the studio system. Like that is just I feel like, so obviously what all.
Speaker 3: Of this is about.
Speaker 6: But yeah, sure it's they could be the end of the studio system, and who knows if it could be profitable even though they're projecting it's going to do three hundred million when everything's said and done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they, I mean, Hollywood's famous for managing expectations and like lying about how much money a movie made so that they can change how much money they're actually sharing with the artists who again made the movie. But they didn't even pay for it. Yeah, so I mean, why why should they get it? We should we should be worshiping the people the capital, the people who put the capital up, not it's not these artists who didn't even pay for it. It also just reminds me of that Sony Leak. I bring this up so often, but it's just such a revealing email exchange where a producer was arguing that the studio shouldn't invest in Denzel Washington because black actors don't perform well overseas And this was not in nineteen eighty seven. They were talking about a sequel to The Equalizer. You know, after decades of Denzel being one of like the most surefire movie stars. So The Equalizer came out in twenty fourteen, was a massive hit, and this person was like, I just don't see it. Guys. Look, Denzel's my favorite actor. Okay, he's my favorite actor, my favorite actor, but we don't want to invest in this because you know, audiences abroad just aren't going to go see his movies. By the way, the Equalizer to grossed one hundred and ninety million dollars on a sixty million dollar budget. But they just don't want to let black artists have success because that would mean that like the system that you know, gay makes it so that they have their jobs is is wrong? Yeah, you know, and it's it purely speaks to the exploitative nature of it too, Like we already don't properly compensate creators for things and to see something, especially like if a white creator, it's one thing, but if a black creator is doing it, now we're talking about quote like the like an existential crisis over the studio system.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, okay, okay, well good luck with that. Good luck with that.
Speaker 6: I mean, even like in La and stuff, it's like if you wanted to see Sinners like it was hard to catch, like certain screenings of it. It's because people are going like, this is not some fucking flash in the pan thing. And it's also as of right now, it's like his highest rated film that he's put out.
Speaker 3: And yeah, reminder of the studios.
Speaker 13: Let people tell fucking original stories. They fucking people like new Ship, not fucking snow White and all this other nonsense over and over again.
Speaker 14: I mean, I just wish that Minecraft and Centers had come out on the same day so we could have.
Speaker 3: Had minors miners.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's the Harbenheimer, so that everyone miners would be saving the studio system.
Speaker 1: Scrafold Actually, that sounds kind of hot. Scraft crafter.
Speaker 6: That sounds like the problematic like opt them optometry place, you go to.
Speaker 1: Lens crafters.
Speaker 6: Oh you went down to sincrafters, did you? I can tell from those transition lenses. Transition lenses, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think so you went to Syncraft not on my watch.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like, the show means the world of Miles. He needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to him Monday.
Speaker 15: Bye.
Speaker 1: I think that to Att