Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily where chip Watch it's on firmly. We're here in the Chris Westling podcast studio. What a trio? Patrick Claibun to my right, Jordan Rodrieg to my left. Is our news only show catching everybody up on this Thursday in late July. Do we want to tag this with a name? What do you think about camp Buzz?
Speaker 2: Camp Buzz is good, it's quick.
Speaker 3: Daily Buzz is a submission.
Speaker 1: Daily Buzz.
Speaker 4: You just said news only show, which made me think of nos. No, that's not good because we just hit it.
Speaker 2: Because we're all about family.
Speaker 1: We are we hit it raising. Let's talk about one of the men who might be under investigation for chip Watch. It's Baker Mayfield. And yes, in these shows, we're going to get you caught up with everything going on in training camp. Teams across the league for the most part, having their second full day of practice on Thursday, and obviously there's a lot of news out there, including the Baker Mayfield contract situation. We've got some great sound in general on this Thursday show, and I gotta say Baker in front of the podium was pretty captivating Thursday morning. Let's hear him talk about the contract situation in particular.
Speaker 5: Disappointing in that regard to to not have, you know, to feel disrespect a little bit. And that's really the disappointing part, to feel undervalued after you know, thinking you've earned it. This is not a poor me things. There's a lot other people that have it way worse off. But I can sit here and look at other quarterbacks and peers and evaluate myself based on that and put myself in certain categories that I deserve to be compensated for that. And I think I'm a franchise quarterback. I've been told I'm a franchise quarterback. It's been said publicly from ownership down here, and so to not have a deal done is very disappointing. But I said the dead line was a deadline, and I addressed the team to let them know.
Speaker 2: I meant that.
Speaker 4: Perthal addressing the team like calling everybody together to let them know that you've been disrespected. He said it was disappointed twice, said he was undervalued.
Speaker 3: Not mad, Not mad.
Speaker 4: I cannot officially put him on chipwatch because the player needs to say that they have a chip on their shoulder because there's a special value that's applied to that for some reason.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I want, like, let's get really mad, let's make it exceedingly messy.
Speaker 2: Give me the years, give me the guarantees.
Speaker 4: Right there at the mic, Baker like say, this is how much I was disrespected. This is who's making more than that. I'm better than that guy.
Speaker 1: That's for I wanted. We got a little of that. Actually, in a way I've almost never seen. Jeremy Fowler interviewed him for ESPN, although Jeremy Fowler, you know, with the two companies coming together, was on Good Morning Football this morning, so you're just seeing all this.
Speaker 2: It's a circle.
Speaker 1: Baker. Mayfield made it clear to Jeremy Fowler he was looking for more than fifty million dollars a year, so he put a number on it there and that the Bucks didn't get that close to that. And he also said that they only offered him a two year contract. Now he has he has one year deal. One you're left on his deal, so if that's a two year extend, it's kind of a three. But he he gave some specifics there and he's thrown it out there that hey, look, you want to play the franchise tag game with me? Bet like I'll be the next Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 6: The way he sat there and spoke with such clarity and then dropped in that I called the team together, he said, I'm in freaking charge. Fellas he said that right to the front office, to the coaching staff.
Speaker 3: He goes, I am the captain.
Speaker 1: Now it's true. And when he says, you know, brought the team together, that's his teammates. And I think that's good leadership because ultimately it is something that they could be asked about, that will be talked about, and it's the first couple of days of camp and you just kind of want to nip that in the button, tell everyone, hey, this is where I'm at. It's not going to be a thing for me, but like this, this is what happened, and that way they'll be able to answer it. And I appreciate it. I love this, Like Baker is this three point zero? I feel like right now era.
Speaker 6: Dad Strength in bacamp, Mayfield colon Dad Strength.
Speaker 1: And I talked about a world where like he's already played his best football. But if you're Baker Mayfield, like you're not believing that, And it's not like he's that old, like Dak Prescott just turned thirty three, and I think of Dak Prescott like squarely in the middle of his prime still and Baker Mayfield, you know, based on everything should should feel that and just sets up a spicy situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I'm not going to like try to psychoanalyze some of the motivations of being that clear at the podium the way that he was. You rarely hear a quarterback or any player come out and speak that, I guess, like effusively at a in a podium situation about the situation and then later follow up on it with a reporter. Videve is also going through a contract dispute or a contract situation with the with the Buccaneers and as holding in And I just want to say that when a player at any position, also here's his quarterback willing to go out there and basically hold the organization's feet to the fire, it also empowers that player. And I would not be surprised at all if these two have spoken about it, If these two have discussed we you know, standing firm and staying together on certain things. It's not like the contracts aren't necessarily going to look the same or whatever, but in terms of, hey, people should get paid here historically they pay their players. Just let Mike Evans go, this is not going to happen to us. Stand firm and be on one accord him saying I called everyone together.
Speaker 3: It made it.
Speaker 6: There's a divide immediately us and them. That's immediately what that sounded.
Speaker 1: Like to me, which is crazy because you know, the Bucks feel like they've been one of the better run organizations in a while. But hey, maybe it'll be like a major league situation, you know, prove them all wrong. Fowler, who I previously mentioned a lot of Fowler pop here, was on Good Morning Football talking about that v toa aas situation, saying that they have received several calls from other teams a lot of interest, but the Buccaneers have no interest in trading Vitavea. They are not believed to be too close on contract terms. But at least the public stance kind of through reporters that the Bucks are taking right now is that there's no interest in it. I wonder if the Chargers were one of them.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's any number of teams that could benefit from having a Vitavea And that's the discussion we've had on the Insiders this week.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the TV show.
Speaker 4: That there were calls during the Vidavea holdout through Mini camp like this has been a constant conversation and it feels as though the Buccaneers are willing to enjoy the rights to the player at this particular moment, but in both of these situations aren't necessarily ready to make a long term commitment. And this is after the departure of mister Buccaneer Mike Evans in the off season, where I feel like some people in Tampa Bay might start looking at the franchise a little bit differently than we do through this lens of oh well, they've managed all these relationships greatly and navigated these contract circumstances.
Speaker 2: It appears the corner might have been turned.
Speaker 1: Not a popular ownership group back in the day, and certainly not with like their football teams back in the day forty nine ers. Maybe one of those teams calling about Videvea are quote concerned with Ricky Pearsall's latest injury that I mentioned on Wednesday show, But I did just want to follow up Qus quickly because it sounds like surgery is an option. I saw one reporter throughout there that it could potentially be a season ending surgery, which is absolutely brutal. They've had a bad couple of days of camp in terms of injuries. Malik Mustafa, their safety who's battling for a starting job, also has a hamstring injury, which sounds like it's going to take him some time. And they're they're suddenly pretty thin at receiver. If you know, Christian Kirk is out already, Pearsall's out already, and that could be more long term, and maybe it's Deebo Samuel time. You know.
Speaker 6: During our NFC West preview, Greg my most important on quarterback was the forty nine ers medical staff, and I have to say I am already feeling very let down by selection.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's not their fault. Hopefully they can handle it well. And unfortunately them doing a good job might be having Ricky Piersoll have this surgery, which by the way, he avoided having all off season, and people kind of noted he's been wearing that compression sleeve and there was conversation that this LCL thing was like bothering him, but he didn't want to go under the knife because it would be a long recovery and maybe he could have gotten better advice back then to take care of it.
Speaker 3: Well, where's he getting the advice from?
Speaker 2: There? You go?
Speaker 4: It's that timeline, the surgery timeline that we seem to frequently come up with certain franchises where a lot of times they would prefer you to have that surgery during your off season as opposed to right during the season, where especially in a season where you're pushing to come back from the actual injury, that's going to be the lingering issue. You know, there's branches of connections to these injuries. Is one will lead to another and beget another, especially as you're playing a violent sport that we do, or maybe the real issue is coming back in actual season where it happened.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately with Piersoll, it's been one thing after another. It's often been the knee, but even going back to college, as you say football, what do you say, It's like, it's not good for you. It's not good for you, and it's especially not good for Ricky Piersol. And unfortunately it just maybe part of his experience and gonna cost him a lot of money. One thing I didn't note on Wednesday show because the Broncos hadn't practiced yet. Bo Nicks is just out there. He's just out there in team drills. He's doing everything. I sort of wondered if that would be the case we had these back to back surgeries. He had the follow up. There's no limitations. It's not like a lot of the players that are coming back from injury. He's just throwing dimes in the end zones. I just you know, I wanted some positive injury. Yeah, Bo Nicks, he's back. Tucker Craft of the Packers says he will be practicing sooner than later. I thought it was notable, Jordan, that both he and the front office publicly put a timeline on a him coming back to the field, which is great, he's coming back from the tourney s yeah, but also that they kind of expect and I really hope for an extension before the season, which you would imagine would pay him as either the top tight end in the league or very close to it, So they might. They must be close on that if they're talking publicly that way, I mean.
Speaker 3: Super selfishly.
Speaker 6: I hope it happens over the next weekend, and yes days I'm going to be there, so I would really really hope that this happens while I am there.
Speaker 3: Tucker Kraft would love to speak to you about this.
Speaker 1: NFL Daily Insider Jordan Rodrigue showing up for work, so good news there for the Packers. Mike Vrabel was asked about the wide receiver situation in New England. And because we like to overreact to the first week of training camp and the Patriots started first, it has been like a drum beat in New England that day after day. Kaishan Boody has been the best receiver in camp. That the most effective throw in camp has definitely not been to a J. Brown, where like Drake May just can't get the connection going. Apparently that got better on Thursday a little bit, but they've been struggling to see him open. Romeo Dobbs has been like totally silent, maybe struggling to pick up the offense. It's eartaly, this is what you would expect. Josh mcdan's it's all it's all new. Meanwhile, Kayshaun Booty's out there proven people wrong day after day, and I wouldn't have made that part of the news. Booty is rocking year after year, Booty is always rocking. I wouldn't have made that part of the news. But Mike Rabel was asked about the wide receiver depth and I thought had a telling answer.
Speaker 7: Men love having depth, but I would say that, you know, we're always going to try to look to, you know, and improve, whether that's by adding you know, draft capital, painting a player, or you know, keeping the guys we have.
Speaker 1: So you're asked about how much great depth you suddenly have in a position, the first thing you talk about is we'd like to add some draft capital to be That was like a big, big for sale.
Speaker 4: Sudi is massive, there is and you know, Eric DaCosta, anybody that may be interested in the services of Kashan. But the price is going up, and I would say the New England Patriots aren't above raising the price by being like, hey, Drake, why don't we why don't we miss a a little bit? Throw one of those good ones to Kaishaw.
Speaker 1: He's just thrown to the open man and Kaishan doesn't even need to be open.
Speaker 6: Drake May is like, why is our practice script suddenly scripted like this.
Speaker 2: Booty all the way down. It's where guy's Instagram page.
Speaker 1: It's our booty all the time. It's time for the off season ride along presented by Toyota. Let's go to Ta. Tungabailoa started the training camp on the sideline, already back at practice a little bit individual drills, not doing teamwork, and so I believe it's our it's our man. Shoot one day later and I'm already forgetting his name. No, not on the falcony Extrand dat Dax strand that one. So I think it's still him and maybe Cooper Rush in team drills.
Speaker 3: But Ryan's throwing passes out there.
Speaker 2: Wait, is that a real thing?
Speaker 3: That is a real sure?
Speaker 6: That's not like that is a real thing an individual like just you know, kind of casually.
Speaker 3: This is uh.
Speaker 6: Will McFadden posted this on social media earlier and said, man, I'm paraphrasing Will. I'm sorry, said, man, it doesn't get old watching Matt Ryan throw the football. Matt Ryan was out there, like physically on the field throwing the ball to receivers, not in team drills, but he's out there throwing the ball.
Speaker 1: Well, they got enough for the individuals because Michael Pennox through like a fifty yard bomb that I saw that there was a video of. I think it was the keys. No, it's the dots and dat. So his arm's fine and he's getting back to it. But now, yeah, they have all these guys that can partially practice. But at least it gives me some confidence.
Speaker 4: Maybe the TUA injury that long, and I appreciate the honesty for Marco Pennixt. They're like speaking to the elephant in the room, like, guys, this is not my first it's not my second ACL recovery. We are going to not take this slowly, but be cautious and not try to rush anything back. But the TULA back thing, you know, people get dinged up at camp a little bit glad to see you know he's already back.
Speaker 1: I mean, at some point you're gonna have to take contact. I would guess he is the week one starter for Atlanta if he can stay healthy based on Michael Pennox's timeline for returning to team drills. But camp is long, like Hall of Fame Game is next week. That's part of a four week preseason if you include the Hall of Fame game, and then there's like another week of transactions after that, we still got a while to week one, so plenty of time for these guys to get ready. That was the off season ride along presented by Toyota because when people are the destination, your ride is important. Learn more at Toyota dot com and find the vehicle that fits your people. Roma Dunday is another guy who was hurt for much of the off season that I was concerned about because it was this recurring foot injury. He reportedly looked great practicing fully at Bears practice, so that that's great to see, and there was some video of him really cutting hard and I like to see that. Pukinakua is a guy that people wondered, could he possibly like sit out of camp because of he you know, he's one of the most underpaid players in NFL history if looked at through a certain lens. No, he's been out there, and you got to think the off season that he had and what happened late last season off the field is impacting that stance. Let's listen to pokin Akua meeting with the media.
Speaker 8: There have been things that obviously have happened this offseason that haven't been the truest reflection of the person I feel like I am and how my mother raised me. And there's definitely been conversations with her to to apologize, but also for her to say that she supports me. And also my brothers are are I think my biggest critics as well, So I'm like there there were some some intense conversations, but loving conversations.
Speaker 2: In order to see improvement, let's address the thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need to single out family members, especially your mother, when you're trying to talk about behavior that you would like to change and you were committed to changing, then we could highlight the things that led to those particular things, like if somebody has been kicked off of Twitch twice for anti semitism and then you go on their stream, I don't even know what you call those things. I'm old and out of touch and they ask you to do something jokingly, partly insulting everybody else's intelligence but also yours. At a certain point, you have to grow up and you have to acknowledge the thing and not talk about how you're the type of person, because we know what you're the type of person, or you're a person who's done these things. So say specifically what you were not going to do and why you're not going to do it. I think that would go a long way for me. I'm not sure how the RAMS would prefer he approached this. Maybe they would like to not talk about the thing. I don't know, But if it were me, let's talk about the thing and why you're not going to.
Speaker 2: Do it anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say, I would say that my unders standing as internally they are talking about the thing and the many things I would say.
Speaker 1: Because a civil suit, yeah, a lady who accused him of bite marks and assault, all that is happening as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm going to do the annoying reporter thing where I cite my own work. Sorry, but at the out of league out of league meetings, I did a lot of digging on this situation and what the potential fallout was going to be, and the real, very real concern from the team at the time about these issues, wanting to be encouraging for him to get help.
Speaker 3: And then also.
Speaker 6: Maybe the outside looks like the duck on the top of the surface of the water, but on the inside, very real steps being taken to address these sorts of off the field issues that he's had that he's gotten himself into, frankly, and so for me, there's all this stuff coming out like, oh, he reported to camp. There was a reporter there this week at RAMS who was asking Sean McVay, you know, does it say he's a good teammate that he's at camp right now? And that's my whole stance on the entire thing is he knows it's the expectation that he's there, and he he he also has internal and like values that it is the expectation that he is there. This contract situation, it's coming up in the news again, but again out of league meetings. I have a story in the Athletic where among the things that are discussed in it is how the Rams really need to see off the field improvement from him and genuine development as a person, like as an adult and and and as a father of a kid at before you know, before they start discussing these things, something that he's very aware of and and also bought into, which is why he's there. And so that's the thing that's not being talked about here as much that I think should is is that there's a mutual understanding here and then this is a situation where the Rams, you know they never franchise tag players for example, Well when if they're not convinced or if they're not sure that this is a situation where he's taking true positive steps forward that they are looking at internally, that's something that probably will be in discussion. You know, this is a team that never does in early extensions anyway until as late as possible in training camp. So to me, the timeline really starts at the end of this training camp and goes all the way into next year and into next training camp. That is my opinion of what the timeline is. I hope everybody is safe. I hope everybody treats each other correctly and with respect, and that this situation is something that you know, he looks back on and is like, really glad I learned from all of.
Speaker 1: That, right, And it's ultimately leverage, which is it's hard to think about it in contract real terms, but they're using it as leverage. And like, look, teams will always look past. There's a slide and scale of NFL justice. That's how I see it. Look Alec Jackson is on this team, He's facing out allegations as well like a and so there's some sliding scale of Puka just you know, keeping his nose clean in their mind and showing like maturity and how he plays, and then he'll be a RAM for a long time. If not, he won't be. The Alvin Kamara situation has been odd this offseason because it felt like at times the media, specifically Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times, picky un was trying to push him off the team. He had a very direct, you know column saying like it's time for Alvin Kamara to go. You don't have to put you know, too many dots together and connect them to see like there were some things in there that felt like it was coming from the front office, maybe Mickey Loomis who had been there for a long time, like Jeff Duncan, who knows. And this is why it's a little inside baseball. But I found this exchange between Duncan and Alvin Kamara on his first day back at training camp just delicious.
Speaker 2: Well said to motivated his sall om, there.
Speaker 3: Was that accurate or is he.
Speaker 1: Just no answer not for you?
Speaker 2: Well look at it, Tron said, you were motivated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, and me and Sarn and Mark have private conversations. I'm motivated every year. I mean, he also had some public conversations on toront Armstead's podcast, which I think they were referring to, So in fairness, that was out there. I wish, you know, if everyone can see that that already Saints fans are using the look on Alvin Kamara's dismissive face as a meme and uh, and I loved it. This This guy knew, this guy knew that Duncan was trying to get him fired. And I think, ultimately, if I had to guess, like someone might have stepped in there and stopped it because he took a big pay cut to stay. But he's still making making good money. And it's a better world when Alvin Kamara is on the scene.
Speaker 4: Still, Yeah, he he is uh New Orleans Saints and a lot of capacities, and there's a real identity for Alvin Kamara and the fan base. And I think when you've covered a team as long as as Jeff Duncan has and kind of stepped out out, you've you've run a foul of a few players. I believe there was a Michael Thomas tweet, you know, where he said some things about Jeff Duncan.
Speaker 3: Well he something about gardening, right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: He's he referred him, uh you know, said that he needed to do things for for clicks, which I guess, like that's what we all do, right, we all you know, say things in hopes of uh gaining intention.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this headline from Pro Football Talk on Wednesday? Williams, all Right, Alvin Kamara doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, but he is motivated.
Speaker 4: Well, now I have several questions, right, Well.
Speaker 1: Part of the Yeah, there was a longer back and forth. Apparently that was a little awkward. He said he would, but he said he's motivated every year said no chip, no chips, and thus here directly asked a chip. No pissed Maybe so he's pissed not a chip. Described the differences between being pissed and having the chain.
Speaker 4: Well, in my understanding of the chip, the chip is being pissed but also making you try harder.
Speaker 2: I believe what Alma Kamara is saying. He always tries hard.
Speaker 4: He's on team KLAYVI, so he doesn't necessarily have a chip on his shoulder. He remembers the slights and wrongs perhaps from his perspective, but that doesn't augment the way he plays football. But if given an opportunity to say I don't necessarily like this particular person, he will take that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Shout out to to everyone involved there and shout out to Taysom Hill, by the way, who said I was gonna end the show with this, but he said bye to the Saints. Uh oh, we kind of knew that it was likely his career was over with the Saints. He is not closing the door, it sounded like on what was next in his career. So he indicated maybe he still wants to try to play NFL football, and I don't know if that's going to happen to him, but he did say it's not gonna happen with the Saints and said good by. And there was a great vo read by Drew Brees of just like what a like team legend Taysom Hill is? How about this for a career twenty five hundred rushing yards, almost twenty five hundred passing yards, a thousand receiving yards, and then almost five hundred return yards plus fifty seven touchdowns. Really over in indexing with the touchdowns, that's a lot of touchdowns. A one of one, Taysom Hill. We enjoyed you with the Saints.
Speaker 2: Wish it was fifty six.
Speaker 4: Al Kamara would have had the record on that one holiday night, but for some reason, Seo Payton cave Taysom Hill.
Speaker 1: Was that it Well, he had forty five rushing and receiving touchdowns and twelve passing touchdowns. I was, I was combining them all. I don't even know, but so long to Taysom Hill. How about Garrett Wilson talking about that this year with Gino Smith, that quarterback, it's gonna be spitting is my.
Speaker 9: Fifth year, and you know, I can't believe it, but like I just like I just said, man, it's gonna I have a feeling just it's gonna be special year.
Speaker 1: You get just the f year.
Speaker 9: I'm excited to get another opportunity to do what I've always dreamed of and you know, just play some meaning for football into the winner and you know, we got a special opportunity this year. Man, I'm excited for my fifth year. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: How's that making you feel? Jordan? About the passage of time that Garret Wilson is in his fifth year and so much optimism.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, probably not as old as it makes you feel. Greg.
Speaker 1: So I mean, either way, his career to now has has made the same. You know, it's still five years.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I feel like your age five years is actually like a bigger deal, you know, because it's a bigger percentage of your life. You know, you were you were a lot different five years ago. I think of where you were, so I know you were in your twenties, it was before it.
Speaker 6: Was before I hit the the Greg rosenfalt Thal development program. It really really stoked about all of that. Yeah, I like his optimism he year over year. I like the optimism. I hope it is real. I hope for him that it is real. I hope for Jets fans that it is final real. You know, kind of a bumpy off season in terms of with Gino Smith and and just the team in general and kind of wondering what they're going to be. And so I think that when you come into camp and he just starts throwing it around and Garrett Wilson's feeling like a big part of progress, That's really what I think gives people hope. This time of year is feeling like there's gonna be progress.
Speaker 1: Aaron Glenn was saying, like how much he learned from last year? Like what, well, what did you learn? You know?
Speaker 2: In terms of me?
Speaker 1: He's like, well, I'm keeping that to myself. You know, We're come on, Aaron Glen. David Bailey supposedly just wrecking shop at practice, sack after sex. That's awesome, Although David Bailey and non padded practice feels unfair like he would be pretty high on the list of draft picks in the entire NFL to win without pass especially.
Speaker 4: Because he wears nothing on his arms anyway, So it's like the less that there's on, like David Bailey gets easy.
Speaker 1: True, I just do that, Garrett Wilson in because I like, I like the beginning of camp optimism, even for the teams that that don't have a lot.
Speaker 6: Can I just though, and don't give don't knock Karon Glenn for not sharing, because what happens in week four If he says I really learned, you know, I really studied timeouts and how to call them better and manage the game better, and then Game four, some disaster happens that's maybe out of his control.
Speaker 3: Maybe in his control.
Speaker 6: Every headline from that media out from all the media outlet's up there is Aaron Glenn said he did this, but he's wrong, is you know? So don's for being vague or at least not as specific as maybe Greg rosenhought once.
Speaker 1: It's good to just be honest. He's going to get fired anyways. You'll feel better about yourself.
Speaker 4: That's the major league team, and now there's going to be picture Greg Rosenthal's some swim trunks in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Chip Watch.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm rooting for the Jets with Gino there. Let's listen to Max Crosby, who we mentioned was specifically brought up by NFL Networks Jane Slater to Jerry Jones as a potential trade target. Jerry Jones saying like, hey, we didn't give up on the Max Crosby trade. We just didn't get him. Now he's here at Radios team.
Speaker 10: It's a blessing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: I love this game, and you know I heard all the noise and all those things, but you know everyone knows, like my backs against the wall, that's that's when I'm at my best. I love the pressure. That's what I live and thrive on. So it just added ated points and gives me a little bit more reason to go out there and we'll pass.
Speaker 6: Here's where I would appreciate more specificity. I would really like to know what it was that he was tracking, truly, I'm not being glib here, Like, I really want to know what was it that bothered you that. I always want to know that when when players say I heard the noise, I don't want them to necessarily like, you know, if they if it's an aggregation or a fake account or whatever. I don't want to try into those waters. But in terms of like what was it that bothered you, your actual knee injury that you have, or what Like this team, I think we you know, I know on this show we've talked about being a little bit higher on them than maybe consensus, but we're only looking for progress here, right, So that's what I'm just I'm just curious about that.
Speaker 3: I just want to know.
Speaker 6: And I think that one of my most favorite things to do is when elite players do take things and internalize them and turn them into like wrecking people on the field. So I'm looking forward to seeing Max Crosby do that. I just here's the way I want more specificity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just at least all from Alba Kamara didn't even have to say it, oh, but he directed exactly.
Speaker 1: He was like, he's part of chip Watch right now.
Speaker 2: Mexican.
Speaker 1: What do you think of not wearing a shirt for your press conference? Wearing art tattoo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought I examined Max Crosby's tattoos and I squared that with what I heard Jerry Jones say earlier this week, and it makes me feel like Max Crosby is a Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboy, Like he has t X down there is he got Texas there. You know, he's got Michael and Kobe the Muhammad Ali thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought that was Klay Thompson for a second. I was like, I have Klay Thompson. Yeah, you're right, I think that's Kobe.
Speaker 4: That would be wow, questions what a range.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, as as iconic as Kobe is, if you were a Warriors fan, uh you know, four time champion, Klay Thompson wouldn't be that.
Speaker 6: But he's probably remove with him fumbling Meg the Stallion the way he did.
Speaker 1: Hey, Wow, she's on top of pop culture.
Speaker 3: Took a long PTO, but yeah, I just are you.
Speaker 1: Doing with fellow kids that I mean see ages. It's more of a how you are.
Speaker 6: Don't don't even act like you've never just you know, sort of observed, just like the way never clicked on a video.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've been tracking it. I'm a Megan fan, but just it was somehow the way that you said it that it just didn't feel right. Giovanni Manu is a man I've tracked for a while who's a tackle on the Lions, partly because they gave up multiple picks, I think like multiple thirds to get them in a draft where at that point Brad Holmes had done no wrong and I remember at the time and Manu had like barely played football. Wasn't either guy from Canada, And it's like, Wow, they're really feeling themselves giving up multiple picks for this guy. Unfortunately, his career has not gone that well. They haven't trusted him to play at all, and now he's he suffered an injury that's going to keep him ot at least three months. They're already thin at that position and he was going to be, you know, one of their tackles. So that's unfortunate. Injury news also unfortunate. Chris brazl I mentioned previously he could be out up to eight weeks with this knee injury. There was a follow up report about the reserve Panthers receiver was competing to be their number three guy and as a deep threat for Bryce Young that he is now going to be out for the season. So that is really disappointing. Just every day there's a new bad item of injury news for the Panthers, and that update is unfortunate, But to your point earlier, Patrick Glad, they're like taking care of him and thinking long term. And then other good news in terms of injuries. Chamar Stewart, the Bengals defensive lineman who had a grotesque knee injury on the first day of training camp, literally the first team rep of training camp, and it looked like one of those that would knock you out for the season, is going to be out for several weeks, but it's a hyper extended knee and they do expect him to return to the team, maybe even in time for the season to start. So relatively good news, although obviously not good when when you're getting injured at all. Let's wrap the show here with Josh Allen talking about those Nickel City uniforms. I believe they're calling him. He he's heard, He's heard, y'all.
Speaker 11: And stop hating on the jerseys, guys. I don't know if you guys are hating.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't see anything.
Speaker 11: But they're they're they're great. I honestly like speaking of new right, it's a new look.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 11: I understand that, but in we gotta we gotta be new and these jerseys kind of are symbolic of that, and I'm excited to wear them. I really We had a lot of people that put in a lot of a lot of hard work for these jerseys, and it just it symbolizes a lot of newness and that I am excited about.
Speaker 1: Do you think he is being a good company man or that is his That's how he feels, I.
Speaker 4: Think specifically, and that's why he worded it about the jerseys because the jerseys are easily defendable. The helmet has significant problems. I'm not a fashion guy. The helmet is uncomfortable and it kind of cheapens the whole Mmmm. It looks like from the back it actually looks like a Power Rangers helmet, which.
Speaker 1: Is a look at something Nickel City.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen Berner account confirmed. I don't see anything, though.
Speaker 1: The look on his face, he really felt like and I appreciate this about him. It's not like anyone told him to be a good company man. And I'm sure the idea of the newness, new stadium, new coach. Like, there's a lot of negativity abround the bills for such a successful team. They're in the good old days. Enjoy it, Eric Roberts, if you can even you know, pay attention as you're like running back and forth. Eric Roberts, by the way, this.
Speaker 3: Week, oh my god, I'm mesmeriz.
Speaker 1: He's doing graphics, he's running over to the videos, he's dropping sound of it. He's literally running around the studio. Eric Roberts, MVP this week. Only this week though in every next week. But well, we're just getting used to this new world we're in and like training camp is starting, so you've got even more to do. But there's a lot of negativity, and I felt like, maybe that's more what he's he's getting at, and I appreciate that. To me, that is leadership. I appreciate that.
Speaker 12: Stop with you got a Ferrari in the garage. Why are we painting at these colors? It's all white uniform the Rivalry ones last year. Yeah, the Nickel City. Gray put it in red. What are we doing? He's gonna be on national TV to be you in this new Haimark Stadium the second week of the stadium.
Speaker 1: Why are we going to be I mean, I don't know. They're not going to throw them in red. We got red? What are we doing? The fans want red there. They're regular uniforms. You're right, are amazing. Their throwbacks are amazing. So stop stop it with this stuff.
Speaker 3: Can you make that sound one more time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That's the Jordan texted me like I need a take on the new jerseys and I sent the bar form moji. That's the sound associated with the emoji I sent you, Jordan. Come on, that was a pair of Site Ferrari. You're painting it poop. Gray Ferrari Graphics.
Speaker 1: Editing sound drops in the video and the sound effects guy and an on air talent, Eric Roberts. This was a great week, although we're not quite done yet. Keep an eye on then that's going to be dropping in your feet a little later. But for the regular programming, this was it this week. And yes, I think we're gonna call this campus just just like the news. So I appreciate you guys joining me for this show. I want everyone listening to join us on Sunday. Eric has mixed feelings, but I want to go live five pm Pacific because I want to do it every Sunday. Nick shook an eye recapping all the camp news. Let's let's create some fun, Let's create some conversation. Join me five pm Pacific, eight o'clock Eastern on YouTube. We'll see you them live