Speaker 1: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian gentleman Rob Gronkowski is playing with Ralphie somewhere and we're still recovering from the season. But we have something very special for you today, a Patriot Mega cut. We put together all the Patriot dudes we've done and conveniently put them in one place right here. Let's get into it. But before we do that, let's get into the Chillis Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer, cores Light. Get Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coorslight dot com. Slash Dudes celebrate responsibly. This week's Chillis Dude of the week is you Hatriots Nation. We got a lot to look forward to. Mike Rabel is back, Josh McDaniels is back year two of Drake May the Draft, New Jersey's Foxbro Forever. That was the chillis Dude of the week thanks to our favorite beer, cors Light, Get Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Like dot com, slash dudes celebrate responsibly. All right, enjoy three hours of Dudes on Patriots. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio, and we're gonna start with a former player, a guy that everyone knows, a Hall of famer out there with a guy that we play with with on New England. About two years for you, two years for me, a quarter season for myself, my rookie year in a quarter for me. But everyone knows who he is, Randy Freakin' Moss. Please pull the picture out. Randy Moss was an absolute dominant force on the football field. I didn't want to put him in the category right away. I didn't want to describe the category. But the guy had personality. Everyone loves him to this day. He's a great TV. He's on TV TV analyst somehow awesome on TV. He's mossing people still to this day. You got what his segment? You got must and you know who this is?
Speaker 1: Rob You know the shots from No, it's a shot from This shot is from when he was leaving the players parking lot, I believe, I think on a Tuesday after he got fined for mooning Green Bay. Remember he got fined for moving Green Bay. And this is like right immediately after when some reporter came up to him said, Raindy, what do you think about game fining. He says, straight cash, homie. That's what Randy is. And that quote is still used to this day. Great cash homie.
Speaker 2: Great cash homie. Whenever I pay anyone in cash, I always say straight cash homeie. Oh, every single time. That's going to live on forever.
Speaker 1: How many years ago is that? That was a long time ago? Twenty No, it wasn't twenty How I was in high school man when that happened. He was on the Minnesota Vikings, right hey, he was in the Vikings at that time, So that was like what five maybe five? I think you need to start this twenty years ago? Did we start the top of the clock. Now, Rob's got a little research that he's done. Now, Rob, how did you get this research?
Speaker 2: I just typed in the player's name on co pilot and uh what type of you know, football player they are or person they are? And it just popped up, and you know, you gotta work smarter, not harder, you gotta work.
Speaker 1: What it's all about it is. So let's let's what is what did a co pilots say?
Speaker 2: This will also help.
Speaker 1: Out my reading skills?
Speaker 2: See dudes on dudes, I mean, we're not the smartest dudes. Julian No, but we're also not the biggest idiots.
Speaker 1: I know, we have.
Speaker 2: Common sense and we're here, you know, doing this show as well to help us out in life as well.
Speaker 1: I would say we're idiots. I would say we're idiots. We're not dumb. Yes, yes, we are idiots in a good way though, ye best way. We're not like IQ gonna like knock you off the charts. But you know, like we're also not going to spend you know, like all your money. If you have like two dollars, you're going to spend fifty. That's like coming said, yeah, exactly, there you go.
Speaker 2: You hit it right on the nose. And are reading skills I want to say.
Speaker 1: Are you know? NOA skills are terrible everyone out there.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna help my reading skills. It's going to help my creativity doing this show as well. And that's why I wanted to do it. I feel like it's going to help us out on Fox, you know, just being able to talk.
Speaker 1: So we're building muscles, and we're also in the media because we're going to use their AI. Let's go. So here we go.
Speaker 2: We got we got Randy Moss, right, Yeah, Randy Moss.
Speaker 1: What is muss?
Speaker 2: Randy Moss was a dynamic and explosive wide receiver known for his exceptional speed, leaping ability, and playmaking skills. His deep threat capability made him a constant challenge for defenders, as he could stretch the field and make spectacular catches. Moss was renowned, renowned, right renowned for his ability to make acrobatic catches and score touchdowns, earning him earning him a reputation as one of the most talented and dangerous receivers in the NFL. Over his career, he was selected to multiple Pro Bowls and was a key figure in the two thousand and seven New England Patriots record setting off.
Speaker 1: He was he was start the clock. Start the clock.
Speaker 2: We got ten minutes which each player that we will be talking about.
Speaker 1: First of them. That's pretty damn good by co pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, co pilot the money and Rob.
Speaker 1: I think he knocked it out the park.
Speaker 2: I was a co pilot reading that, I think you were the actual pilot.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was that actual pilot. No co pilot, you were. You were there, but you weren't there.
Speaker 1: I was co piloting by just sitting there. Were the passenger I was a passenger, Yes you were. I was a passenger. But who know who was the ride? It was freaking good. It was freaky yeah, which was also Randy's nickname. It was it was the freak. Randy went to Would you go? You went to Marshall? There's so many crazy stories about he committed to Florida State, then he went to Notre Dame. Did you ever hear those.
Speaker 2: I never heard any of those stories. But he ended up at Marshall University. Where is Marshall anyways.
Speaker 1: West Virginia. It's in West Virginia. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you always from Rand, West Virginia, like Randy Moss is from Rand, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: He used to say that all the time in practice. Hey Rand you Rand? You remember you would always say that like him, and like who else was from there? White chocolate was from there? It was white chocolate. I eat Who's white chocolate? Jason? Yeah, teammates, teammates in high school? Dude. He always loves to fish too. He That was the one thing you always knew about Moss in the off season. You were never he was like a farm boy. Yeah, yeah, he loved outdoors. You love fishing. Oh you know, I was traumatized at a young age. My brother made me hold like two catfish when I was like six years old, and he told me they could sting you and they had big old tentacles, and the fucking traumatized me. So not a big fisher. I was like the kid wakeboarding. My brother was like the fisher you fish. Nah.
Speaker 2: I always got seasick every time we took that boat out, yeah, you know, and they're like a mile off of shore. I was always throwing up and like really dizzy. So I never became a big fisherman. I mean I had a pond behind my house growing up, so I get like those sunny fish like that was cool, but never really a big fisherman. I eat fish, so I like favor fish black and salmon. Black and salmon, yeah, with some good spices on it. I like a hall of it, nice light fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right. Back to Randy. Back to Randy what Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: What year was that he went to the Hall of Fame Football Hall of Fame? That is was like twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, it was.
Speaker 1: We won a Super Bowl. He was a twenty first overall pick and he had a lot of the there's a lot of like turbulence in his early career, you know, in college and stuff which I always thought made Randy, you know, misunderstood. You know he kind of what would you say when he was in the locker room, Like he was always a very caring dude, but he always had his guard up. He always had his guard up. But like on the low, he would always give you love. Like for me when I was I was a rookie receiver. I used to have to go out and buy all the receivers like lunch whenever we would have a way trips. Remember before the travel, the rookie goes and grabs you know, something from Bar Louie, or you go somewhere you know Jimmy Jones or something, and you get the order. And Randy would always make me do it. But I was a seventh rounder, so I wasn't I wasn't paid by any means, and guys were giving you crazy orders. Randy would always throw me like three four hundred bucks. He'd pay for it, make me go get it. So like he was always he was just always quite like he would kind of get on me in front of people. But then when there was no one around, he'd always loved me up and like, you know, like he I think he was just putting that on there to make me, you know, make me accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the for the you know quarter career, you know quarter year I played with Randy. I thought he was a great teammate man, And like you said, I feel like he was misunderstood in the public eye a little bit. He didn't really care about you know, the glam and all that. He like, he just he just rubbed it off his shoulders like like it was nothing, like it was water man. But he cared about being a good guy and he never thought he was too big for anyone else. I mean, Randy was the best wide receiver in the game at the time, maybe of all time, and he cared about, you know, being relatable to the young bucks. He did he made me feel very warm and welcome. What do you do to the New England Patriots when I.
Speaker 1: Was What do he did to make you feel warm and well?
Speaker 2: So Moss always loved you know, kicking it back having a conversation with myself. When I was a rookie, I was struggling. I was in the playbook like crazy, He's struggling a little bit. But he just loved how I played the game and he always imitated me because I was big. I was goofy, you know, and he liked that kind of stuff, you know. And every time I had a catch or you know, had a touchdown, I'd be like myself, you know, I'd be giggling like this. He'd be like, dude, bro, you always giggling. You always having a good time, gronk, Like it's coolest shit, man, coolest shit.
Speaker 1: How you are man?
Speaker 2: And I'd be like it made me feel warm and welcome to be myself on the Patriots. And I'd be like I always did that on the field after I get up, like I that was just me. I was getting hype and Moss was like, man, I like how you do this?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I like like, cool shit, how you do that? Like I'm going to do that. After I school a touchdown, I was like for real. He's like, yeah, yeah, I'm going to do that. So what happened game I think game number two Buffalo versus Buffalo. He scored like, you know, forty yard er post right down the middle, like you know, like Randy Moss does because his fastest wide receiver I probably ever seen play the game freakish, you know, stride.
Speaker 1: It looked like he was going slow, look like, but he was just always passing people and he was just gliding.
Speaker 2: It was like jet ski on water, like on like flat service, just gliding.
Speaker 1: Yes. And it didn't look like.
Speaker 2: He was going seventy no, but he was going seventy maybe eighty on water, which is fast.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So we get to the game. He scores that touchdown and he starts doing this like he's being gronking the end zone.
Speaker 1: And I'm twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Old and this is Randy Moss, fricking Moss imitating me after one of his I thought it was the coolest thing. I actually never even shared that story with anyone. I'm not even I'm talking like, I never shared that story with a friend a family member. It's just kind of known within the team, you know, within the team and the organization. So that's one of the coolest stories of all time. You know about Randy mossa I have personally, and he just made me feel welcome to the team, and he just made me feel like myself because he just loved how I was and how I played the game, and it was just a special moment, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He fucked with dudes that worked hard. He I remember on Tuesdays he would come in and do these workouts where he would do like side step ups, these like uh step ups, quick feet, and so I would jump in with him every once in a while and he'd do all these medicine ball things where like he'd have like one leg on a medicine ball and do like a push up, and you know, he was working your core. And so I would always I'd always see him do shit, and then I would go do it. You know, I want to do what everything anything Randy did. But like if he saw you working, he never really busted your balls. That's kind of got you know. But if you weren't, if you were you know, if you were talking and you were a guy that wasn't hurt or something like any other patriots, any of the patriot like guys, you know you're gonna hear shit. You want to know. You want to also know why.
Speaker 2: I would say Randy was misunderstood a little bit because he was real. Yeah, and when people are real, people don't like.
Speaker 1: That man, because like real one can sound like assholey, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It sounds Assholey, Like, if he didn't want your freaking food, he's not going to eat your food like you just didn't want it, you know. If he didn't like you, he didn't like you, like it's just real shit. And then that's what makes people misunderstood.
Speaker 1: I still can't fathom that Thanksgiving game that he had. What was the screenshot of of his Well, he had three catches, like one hundred and forty six yards, wasn't sixty three yards on stream?
Speaker 2: Sixty three yards? Oh and three touchdowns. All his catches were over fifty yards. It was when he was with the Minnesota Vikings Thanksgiving Day. He ate the turkey after the game as well. Yeah, it was just Moss being Moss. Well, Randy was so special that we actually had a play named.
Speaker 1: After him, Moss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Moss, Hoss, Moss, which is the Moss signal. That was the signal because it was all goes. There was a go on the left, there was a seam on the left, there was a seam on the right. And every time Brady did that, I got excited because I was always the slack guy going down the field, so Moss. Every time I saw that play, I thought of Moss and just felt like I had to turn the burners on as well.
Speaker 1: Rob, you had how many What was your biggest touchdown season?
Speaker 2: I had seventeen touchdowns in twenty twelve, but eighteen because one of them counted as a rush.
Speaker 1: Eighteen touchdowns. He had twenty three touchdowns. How fucking nuts? Is freaking nuts.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's ever going to touch that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the eighteen I don't think anyone's going to touch it. Still will because guys aren't playing as many games like they don't play the whole season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's not the reason why. I think just because was just so dominant twenty three touchdowns. Because when you have twenty three touchdowns, Moss was only one who can get away from double coverage and then run away from it because he was so fast and freaky. Ain't no one ever gonna touch that twenty three touchdown record. I mean I was pretty close that one year when I had seventeen. And then actually he was at practice one of my best training camps of all time when we were in West Virginia. Moss came whatever at that dump place at Greenboro. It's great for football coaches loved it because all you did was focus on football.
Speaker 1: But he can go to the casino though it was fucking bullshit. Good thing.
Speaker 2: We would have lost all our money or want a lot more money and then had it could have retired in training camp. But Moss was there when we were facing the Saints in practice and I was dominant.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This was a year I was on fire, unstoppable. It was actually the year we won the Super Bowl versus Atlanta when I was unstoppable, and it was just unfortunate that I got lit up up the middle of that year. But I had like four touchdowns in a row versus Saints and seven on seven and Moss was right there, and I was like, Boss, I'm coming for you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That touchdown record is my go. Gronk, you got it. Boy, You're the only one.
Speaker 1: Gronk.
Speaker 2: You the only one that can beat my touchdown record. Gronk, you got this, boy. I want to see you do I go, Moss, I am gonna do a buddy, I'm on coming for twenty three, no problem. I mean, it was kind of realization at that time. I was dreaming big, but it was just so cool to have Moss right there. Talking shit to Randy Moss. I'm gonna beat his touchdown record in the middle of practice. Like was one of the coolest moments I've ever had in practice at Moss, You're the man. And the freakiest catch I've ever seen Moss make that I will still remember for I will remember for the rest of my life is the Reevius catch. It was the second game. It was the second game of season. Of the season, that was my first start. It was so when he did the invitation of me. It was actually the first game of the season. I think we played.
Speaker 1: No this was was that. That was I don't think you were there yet. No, I was there.
Speaker 2: So we played the We played Cincinnati my very first game. Then we went to the Jets. We lost most freakiest catch I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: We lost the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lost the game. Uh, Brady just tossed it up there. He let the play developed, no one was open, so he tossed it up one on one coverage Moss Verus Durell Reeves, the best cornerback in the game. Moss put his hand up in the air and just snagged it one handed, right in the end zone about three yards in. It was freaky because he extended all the way. It wasn't like it was like close to his body heat made that extension, you know, effs effortless.
Speaker 1: It looked like he barely did it that when he was going, He's just like eh.
Speaker 2: And then oh, and then we played the Buffalo Bills a third game, and that's when he did the imitation imitate Fau imitating me, Oh no, myself, the gronk giggles. And then we played the Miami Dolphins the fourth game of the season. And then after that game he went there. He wasn't there anymore.
Speaker 1: It was sad. It was You want to know something, Jules, O remember it, man, I remember it.
Speaker 2: We were we were partying man. When he got traded. It was Monday night, and you know us, we were young bucks man. We went to Foxwoods the casino, and we walked Monday. No, no, it was a Monday. It was a Monday night game. So to be able to buy weekend, we had I think we had a bye week or something because we went to Foxwoods Tuesday night because it was industry night at Foxwoods, and you know us, we're in the industry of partying at that time.
Speaker 1: We were maniacs. We were maniacs.
Speaker 2: Were this dudes and dudes bad. We're just having the conversation, you know, we're just telling our stories, just living up. You know, how did you find it in the past? And I remember we were together, man, and you were you were pretty hungover, I remember, and I was hungover too, and we turned on the TV. We didn't know anything what was going on, and we turned on the TV ESPN and Randy of there it was breaking news, traded to the Minnesota Vikings, and literally we were like heartbroken. We were hungover and heartbroken. It was probably the worst situation you could be in. Yeah, yeah, but we always climb out of those holes.
Speaker 1: That was. But uh I talked about talk about the Sunday scaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was. That was the Tuesday morning scaries right there.
Speaker 1: You wake up, you know, oh fuck, we got to practice is gone.
Speaker 2: That was one of the examples of of my early times in my career that I was starting to learn that the NFL was a business. Oh yeah, because as a rookie, you don't know that it's a business. You know you're gonna make the team. You think you're playing forever.
Speaker 1: Can't trade Rainy trading Rainey can't trade Randy Moss.
Speaker 2: She's the greatest of all time. And it was really cool though, because he did that press conference I think the week before, like he wants a new deal. He had his headphones around his neck. He kind of he kind of went off like the Patriots ain't giving me my new contract. And I thought that was really cool because that's the Randy Moss I knew, like going off, just just being a real dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows. And I love that shit.
Speaker 2: I love when players act up man, and I thought it was the coolest thing. So it was sad to see him go. But it was also sad because that was part of the reason I feel like he went. You know, Bill Is takes no shit.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. But that's when you're reckon. You realize that this is definitely a business. All right.
Speaker 2: So some final thoughts Randy Moss, What kind of dude is Randy must then? Yeah, what kind of dude is he? I would say?
Speaker 1: So, we have a stud at like athleticism football IQ, the pedigree. We have the freak unparalleled physical ability one of one pretty much a mutant that sounds pretty close. We have a dog who's relentless, motivated, physical and mental toughness. We got the whiz dude whose intellect innovative, very clutch, and we got to do dude, positive attitude, locker room guy, calm cool, collect glue guy. He's like a glue guy. Dude's dude.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, every dude that we're going to be talking about hit all of them.
Speaker 1: They hit them.
Speaker 2: All their attributes are all five of them. But we're trying to find the one that exemplifies them the most. And with Randy Moss, it's easy. I feel like this is a no brainer, no brainer, no brainer. It's already in his nickname, the freak.
Speaker 1: The freak, I mean he was. I remember he's just so fast. He was so he could jump, he he he could catch the ball. The intricacies of the game where like that were you would try to coach the guys, like late hands and stacking the receiver, like those are the things that like we would try to coach. He just did it naturally. That's like how he like he just knew how to judge a ball and high point balls like he We literally have segments named after him going up and just mossing dudes.
Speaker 2: And the way the ability he had to just leap when he was running full speed.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Is what made him so great because he can have a defender on him because defenders were just as fast as him. Some of them were some of the.
Speaker 1: DB's Heylate all right, Remember he used to challenge Slate all the time.
Speaker 2: But every once in a while there there was a guy that you know, it was kind of covering, but what did he do. He just leaped right over him like a frog and made the catch. And that's what made him so freaky.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy to think, like you're when you're running full speed and you got to track a ball, your eyes are bouncing like that's like some of the first things you see, like when from your like off season training and you jump into like you know, start competing against guys, the first thing that you always have to dial in is the bouncy eyes. My eyes would bouncing. I'm going like a guy to go full speed and be able to concentrate and then like effort, see like a ballerina, jump off one leg, go back, mass the dude over to Like that's that's a freak. He's a freak.
Speaker 2: I remember Jules like you used to always bribe Moss would do it. So I'm doing it so like right after the games, like when you landed from an away game, he will go right to the weight room to get his workout in. And you've been Marshall doing it, I'm gonna do it. You know, like you copied everything he did, hey man, But I don't blame you. Man, he's the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: I would copy him. Tom didn't when it was around Copy West Poppy Katlee. Yeah, all right, you loved your dudes.
Speaker 2: You love hanging on your dudes. You because one dude you wanted the dude on.
Speaker 1: You become a creature of the dudes you hang around. That's the truth, you know, you become a dude of the dudes.
Speaker 2: That's why keeps on podcasts, you know, because I've been hanging out with you jewels, and you have your podcast.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to part Now it's just dude dribbing off on dudes. So we did.
Speaker 2: Randy Moss all right, freak of nature, freak, no doubt. He's a freak dude, no question.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go into our next bomb, bomp bomb.
Speaker 2: Sure, we're gonna go for more than ten minutes. We've already went for more than ten minutes. Who's our next guest, Tom? I mean, oh wow, all right, who's our next guest, Julian.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady. Now, let's see what AI has what to say about TV two guys. I know him pretty well. Let's see if AI knows him just as well. All right, started the clock. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Let's see if AI is really living up to the standards. Let's see he's everyone's saying, last two, AI, all right, Tom Brady is a legendary NFL quarterback. Well, they're already wrong because he's not a legendary NFL quarterback. He was an NFL legendary quarterback?
Speaker 1: Or is he? Does AI know he's Tom? Ay? I know something that we don't know.
Speaker 2: You're right, HEYI is living up to the standards. Dolphin Kyle Shannon Hands still wants them with the Niners, even.
Speaker 1: Though maybe AI is up to something. Right now, I.
Speaker 2: See he's a renowned for his record seven Super Bowl victories and five Super Bowl MVP Awards. Off the field, he is known for his discipline lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Very disciplined. TV twelve method business, venturess, business ventures, a lot of business ventures, owns teams, lots of teams, raiders potentially coming up soon.
Speaker 2: And philanthropic efforts, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of giving back to the kids, best buddies for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yes, and what about the kids he helped become superstars? Yeah, he helped us out too, were part of that. That doesn't go that's not fullanthropy, but no, that's his biggest philanthropy right there. It was definitely okay, helping us kids out. He helped his a right, a lot, all right, Oh, including his work with the TB twelve Foundation.
Speaker 1: Which you just mentioned and TV twelve Foundation. Brady's leadership, He's a leader resilience, guys, fucking resilient and commitment. Come on, Jules, is he committed? This guy has committed like no other to excellence.
Speaker 2: Have made him an iconic figure?
Speaker 1: Is he iconic? Fucking He's got to order the most iconic guy's gotta iconic.
Speaker 2: Figure both in sports and infinity and beyond. Is an infinites and beyond. But I added that little bite of buzz light year, you know, spectacle aspect into it.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that, but I can't believe a, I didn't one thing that AI didn't get. This guy's his compartment. His compartmentalization skill is fucking outrageous. That's what if anyone asked me, like what is he could literally have so many things going around, going going on in his life, but when it was time for work, he could blur all that out and think about what that workday was and fucking get the most out of that workday every day. Which some would say that's like a serial killer or some kind of maniac mindset. I would say, that's like the greatest of all time. Yes, Jules, that's a great point. I actually never thought of that, and that's one hundred percent accurate. And that's actually contributes.
Speaker 2: To why he was so great, is that he could ignore the noise, whatever is going on out there, whatever the situation was better, it didn't matter, and he would Yeah, he would use that anyways he was using as fuel. It would be diesel fuel, it would be normal, normal fuel, would be freaking super fuel, it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Usually a few freaking gas stations have that fuel fill up that engine.
Speaker 2: And he had diesel engine, he had freaking premium engine. He had every engine in the book, jet engine, and that's what made him so great. And he used that fuel and he burned all that fuel too.
Speaker 1: This is probably terrible. There's so many he burned so much fuel that he killed literally so much of the ozone layer that he's a fucking hazard to our environment because that's how much fuel he burns. With the motivation and his compartmentalization factors, that's how much fuel he's burning.
Speaker 2: And that and that jet was full go every single time. You know, when you get on a plane, you're like, this freaking pilot, better drive this plane or fly this plane as fast as possible. Well, drive it too freaking on the runway to get to the runway to freaking take off a sap so fly it and drive it as fast as possible. That's this guy.
Speaker 1: And he's got headwinds, so you're actually using more fuel. Yeah, and with the fuel never ran out. The guy has fucking airplanes that come out while you're flying. Have you seen that where they use the fucking piece and while they're flying in the air and connecting the limited Yeah, that's and that is Alex.
Speaker 3: Alex is the little airplane ale Oh man, he just has so much fuel.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, that was so good. That was so good. There they are, look at there's alex Is froewing time up. Wow. Wow. And that's something that happen. And that's a love thing out Alex because he.
Speaker 2: Gets him going, keeps them going. Man, Well, let's get to some accolades. I mean, first he was he was picked one sixth round in the two thousand draft. I mean, I'm sure everyone knows that by now. He's with the from two thousand to twenty nineteen, and then with the Bucks two thousand to twenty twenty two. And actually I just got a quiz on him. How many years did he play in the NFL? And it was right before I talked to him two weeks ago on Fox, Kurt Menfie asked me, we played a little live game. Hey, how well do you know your teammate Tom Brady goes? How many more years did Tom Brady play in the NFL than you? And I played eleven years? And I thought Tom Brady played twenty four years. I actually got it wrong. He played twenty three years in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So shame on me.
Speaker 2: But it was better to be over on that than the hit it right on the nose. But that's how many years he played?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: I just know it was so many I couldn't even keep track anymore. He played eleven years more years.
Speaker 2: Than he played, eleven years more than you, in twelve years more than me. That is fucking I played twelve I played eleven years in the NFL, and he played more years in the NFL that I put in the NFL.
Speaker 1: He that without me? That makes sense? Yeah, yeah, like if you I don't know what that's called, but that's a math term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's called the whole. That's called goat.
Speaker 1: That's fucking goat, goyoat. Yeah, that's called jet fuel. Alex's jet fuel. Alex's jet fuel. Yeah. What was the first time you met Tom?
Speaker 2: The first time I met Tom was actually what was pretty wild when I was at the University of Arizona. You know, I was doing my interview. I had a couple of touchdowns that game. I was showing off my touchdown celebrations, and then the lady interviewing me, she's like, who do you see being your quarterback in the NFL, And obviously, right on the spot, I go, Tom Brady would be the best quarterback to have in the NFL, and especially a great fit for me, and that was just the answer, you know. And then I did my touchdown dances and all that, and then what happens. I get drafted to the Patriots and Tom Brady becomes my quarterback.
Speaker 1: In the NFL.
Speaker 2: It was like I manifested it when I was in college. I manifested a lot of things. And if you have Tom, Tom's probably really big into manifesting his mat He manifested all his Super Bowls because right after he won a Super Bowl, he would already have a clock counting down to the next next. So he was manifesting like crazy. You just learned so much knowledge from him, and he's done so many things right to be able to get to, uh you know, nature of where he is now. It wasn't like he just had the athletic ability. He showed up. He did everything right and he put the time in that you can never argue against him, can't.
Speaker 1: You can't be So let's get let's get back to what was I talking about again? I don't know. I just got. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got At the first time I met him, it was in the training room. I was getting my ankles taped and he walked in, So I was there already for the rookie camps, the rookie practices, and he just walks up to me. He goes, hey, Rob, I'm Tom Brady, and I was like, oh wow, this guy already knows my name. I mean, that's also what makes him so great as well, is that he already knows all the rookies name, all the guys that were drafted, what rounds they were drafted in, what type of player they already were, because he wants to know, you know, their athletic ability, you know what type of guy they are, so he can understand them so he can be on the same page as events out of them, so he can get the best out of them as well, like you said, and he could have that connection to help win games, so he can be on the same you know, wavelength as them. So he already knew my name, came up to me, and I just thought it was the coolest thing.
Speaker 1: Man. I just said, hey, man, nice to meet you. It was just super quick he left. What did you think in your head?
Speaker 2: And Tom Brady knew my name and that was the greatest honor to shake his hand while getting my ankles taped.
Speaker 1: And then he goes wins four super Bowls with them. That's crazy. I had a similar story. Yeah, what was it like when you met him? What? What was that story? I was going from, Like you said, we were already in there. When you're a rookie, you get in there before. Back in our day, you get in there before the vets reported. And so you'd be there for like three weeks, did rookie camp and learning installations of everything. And so I had a big book. We all had these books. It was like a five inch Remember those old old binders before we had iPads. We used to have big old binders. I didn't like carrying them around. I left mine in my locker when I went home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even though you were supposed to bring it home to study, I was like, I ain't carrying that binder.
Speaker 1: I used to carry it. You did I do? I was trying to make you. So I'm over here, getting five minutes before the special Teams meeting. It's true, and I'm running through and the Vets came in. And I saw the vets coming because I saw well in the in the cafeteria. Didn't say a word to me. I was but I wanted to big, big time A little bit had a leather jacket. He looks cool.
Speaker 2: He looks like when you guys big time each other, it's entertainment for me. All right back to time though.
Speaker 1: And so I knew they were in but I was going to my meeting and he walks through the door, you know, the entrance of the locker room from the hall. He walks in there and he goes, I like, look at him. I drop my book. I'm like, oh shit, this dude is taller than I thought. And he goes, hey, I'm Tom. I go Jules. He goes, I know we have the same agent. Dragon's my agent too, or something something like that. And I was like, nice to meet you, and you could I felt the same way you felt, like, damn, he knew my name. That's fucking crazy. But he knew that he knew everyone's name, and he made everyone feel special, and that that was part of his leadership skill, you know, like what made him such an unbelievable leader, from the meal ladies to you know, the people in the equipment room, the training staff, Like it didn't matter what was going on, how the day went, he was always a pretty cool dude to everyone, and everyone was always watching him. You know what I mean. And that's when you're the quarterback of the team. Everyone no matter what is going on in your life, is watching that person and to see how they react to everything, the success, the failure. Your eyes go to that guy, you know. And he was the perfect guy for us, especially when we were young knuckleheads, to look at, like, all right, this is how you have to do it. He gave you the example and and he was just a fucking.
Speaker 2: He gave us the blueprint on how to become a reliable, talented, you know player that you needed to be to help the team win games. He gave us the blueprint on how to become a star out there on the field. He gave us the blueprint on how to make plays, how to go out there and have that mindset ready to go, and also be mentally and physically ready at all times on the practice field and on the game field. There's no doubt about that. And he didn't just give you a blueprint. He showed you the way too.
Speaker 1: Showed you.
Speaker 2: Yes, he showed you, Hey, this is where I want you on this route. This is when you need to look at me. This is where the ball is going to change you. Yes, He trained you to be like that. Oh wait, oh, wait, oh you want to take a break. Hey man, I'm telling you you're and will let you go farther. Let's go four more routes, let's go. You got to be able to be on the same page as me.
Speaker 1: You got to be right here.
Speaker 2: Be more physical, Be more physical. You're bigger than everyone. Run his ass over and turn around and the ball will be there, I promise you. And if you don't hit that guy, if you're not physical, guess what, the ball is not going to come to you. He would just lay it out just like that. His leadership was just what's that word where it's just brutally honest? Yes, brutally honest. And that's what made him so great too.
Speaker 1: So like with him, that's what he always harped to gronk with me. I remember in those because a lot of times we would get that coaching in the offseason, when he would go fly out somewhere we would throw together, you know, because there's times where you would do it. There was times that I would do it. He would always try to get his throes in with his guys, and for me, he'd always come up to me and like, hey, I need you to be here. I need you to be like a boxer. You know you can't. You can't be You can't just do what the thing shows you on the paper. You have to feel it out. You got to set things up with your jab and then you use your right. You know, it's like a box. You got to be more savvy in your route running. That's I remember you saying that. And then he'd always say, like, you got to run like a fucking you got to be able to run. You got to be able to run all day. And like you said, when you were tired, we would do those sets of routes. He'd make you do three or four extra ones and he would say you'd line up and you would you think that the drill was done, and he would say, oh, there is offsides on a penalty on your teammates, or there was a holding call or PI, or we got to redo it. And he knew you were dog dead, but he wanted to see. He wanted to get everything out of you when you were on empty. He wanted to see what kind of guy you were, and he wanted to show you. That's what he expected in game time.
Speaker 2: And a word that you could have used in there as well. That kind of sums it up a little bit, as he loved a decisive route, run decisive, decisive. He didn't care if the paper said run ten yards and run out. He didn't care one bit. He cared about being decisive on the practice field and taking that decisiveness and bringing it to the game field.
Speaker 1: He goes, Hey, if you're going to run.
Speaker 2: Twelve yards even though it's a ten yard route, or if you're gonna run eight yards and it's gonna be a little short, just be decisive. Let me know when you're gonna break out. Let me know when you're gonna break down, so I can get that ball out and I can read you. I don't need you to have fifteen steps where you're slow. I think you're going to go to the left and then you go to the right side. No, be decisive, and if you're decisive, I will find you and that ball will be out and.
Speaker 1: It will be right on point. That's what he said. What's the biggest misconception of him? You think the biggest misconception of Tom Brady? I think he said he's cool. Is that, Yeah, he is cool. No, I think that's the biggest misconception. He's not that cool depends. That's the misconception right there, because he's cool. When he's comfortable, he's cool. But no, if he's comfortable in the situation, I think he's not cool when he's comfortable. I think when he's around us, he's kind of like a dork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: And then when I mean to everyone else he's the coolest guy, which I still think he's the coolest guy ever. But then when you have him around, You're like, he's really kind of a dork.
Speaker 2: There's some situations where you know, if if he's comfortable, he's more himself, yes, yes, and he's more like you know, like like dad Jo, Like if he knows all the cameras are shut off, like he can finally.
Speaker 1: Just have something to be Tom. Yeah, he's kind of dorky. Okay, okay, I like, but you need a little dorky in your your quarterback.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 1: Mostly all quarterbacks are a little dorky.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes some quarterbacks, I mean, not all of them, but I'm saying it's kind of like just a trait what quarterbacks have, but a little bit, just a little bit in them he is cool, but he's a little dorky.
Speaker 1: But you just said he's not cool. No, I said the biggest misconception. He's cool. He always keeps a chip on his shoulder always always. That's work.
Speaker 2: I think everyone knows this work ethic.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm just giving some facts about him. What else is a misconception?
Speaker 2: Mmmm, that he's not clutch no's that's not even a misconception. Everyone knows he's clutched. I just wanted to try to throw you off, jewels.
Speaker 1: How about this guy also played baseball and got drafted, Yeah, by the Expos Montreal. No wonder why he didn't go and play baseball the Expos. I mean they have a cool hat, they do, got cool colors. They're gone though they're not even there.
Speaker 2: No, So, I mean that's why he didn't want to go there. He's like, oh man, my legacy. I go there, the team's going to be gone. That means I'm going to be gone. I want to last forever. I'll go to the New England Patriots instead. Yeah, he was in high school when he got drafted. He went to the same He went to the same Now he was going to the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went to that I remember, well, we grew up in the same area, so he went to the same high school as Lynn Swan, Barry Bonds. There's like so many really good athletes to come out of that freaking school, Sarah, it's all boys school. What what was the moment that Tom made you the most annoyed? Oh my god, when I would return punts, Like I remember my rookie year. It was the freaking preseason game. It was my first punt return and there was a repunt and I ended up housing the second one, but the first one. I see Tom on the sideline and he's got a little anxiety because it's his first game from his knee. So he's like he was like coaching me up on how to return a punt. He's like, just get up there, just get up there. I'm sitting there and I'm looking at him, like, fuck, this guy. This guy has never done this. He does not know what I'm feeling right now. I was so annoyed with him. And then then they repunted it and I housed it and I fucking slammed the ball against the thing. I was fired up, and I was like, I was so annoyed with them like this guy is he's never felt what it fills when the guys are running full This is new to me. I never felt it either at the time, so I like, fuck this guy, Let me do what I gotta do. It is not a run. And I was so annoyed with them. I'll tell you mine what was yours.
Speaker 2: When I was a rookie, and I couldn't get outside of the defender on a flag route, which is flag rout, which is a corner route, so you run about ten twelve yards and you know, you give a little stick and you break it forty five degrees and run a corner route, and the defender was always outside of me, sitting at like squatting at ten yards, and he's always says, get outside. If you have a flag route corner route, you gotta get outside of the defender or else I will never throw you the freaking ball.
Speaker 1: So I was a rookie.
Speaker 2: I was kind of like clunky. So I wasn't really that athletic as a rookie. You know, I wasn't running routside right, yea double day's and yeah, I was tired as well. I couldn't get outside, and in practice I didn't get outside of the guy. He's like two three yards outside of me too, and I'm trying to fake him like I'm going inside and trying to get around him on the corner and Brady just turns around in the meeting because it's on film, and he turns around. He goes, Gronk, I'm fucking done throwing you the ball. I told you fifty times to get outside. You're not getting outside. And like I got all sad and alge Crumper started patting my leg and he's like, it's okay, Gronk, he doesn't mean it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah he does, alg Man, he means it.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you this time, you fucking throw me the ball like a thousand times after so I knew he was all bullshit. I'm telling me he was never gonna throw me the ball again. I was literally like but that fired me up. I was like, all right, I'm gonna show this guy. But that's the leadership he had. He was brutally honest and he would freaking get you to go to the next level, which was crazy, which was crazy. He was so good at it, but I was so annoyed because I couldn't get outside the guy. I'm like, I want to Big Tom, run the freaking route. I guarantee you can't get outside the guy either. He's three hours outside of me. And then if I got outside him, it was basically like an out route I was running because I would have to flatten it so much so I couldn't really run the corner route.
Speaker 1: And you get in the other responsibility to the other guy, Well, he just wanted to get a defender in practice, he's playing the play, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and he knew the place. He just wanted to get the point across, ye like. So it was just always in my memory, and every time I ran a route, it was kind of just like on autopilot, just to get outside of the defender. So I was annoyed at that, and you know, with that situation, but uh, you know, times of change. I started running routes where I would go inside the guy and then he would still throw me the ball as well later on, because he's like, all right, he proved, he proved.
Speaker 1: It enough that you can do it. Well, then you guys start throwing the back shoulder shit. Yeah, And then we started doing all that. Also. I also used to get really annoyed when in meeting rooms, if he liked you, and I felt both of these. I felt when he liked the guy, he'd like he would like love them up. And then there'd be so like when when Wes was there. I get so annoyed when I would do the exact same thing that Wes would do and he he wouldn't think it was good, and I would get so fucking annoyed with him. But I remember when West left, then I was that guy. There was guys doing trying to do that what I would do, and he wouldn't. So like I would get annoyed with that so much when he would always bring up, like, babe, just do it a little more like Wessey. He called him Wessy. When he called him Wessy, Remember Wessy, Hm, I used to get so annoyed.
Speaker 2: You want to know what I would get annoyed with him too. It's like we're in the off season. We just ran fifty routes. It's like you and I out there, only we're dead tired. It's ninety degrees outside, middle of the summer, and he'd be like one more, just one more route, because he's just throwing the ball. His arm can throw one hundred and fifty passes a day, and we're running the freaking fifty routes and he's been one more, so then we would run, run more. We give it all all. We're about to throw up. It's middle of the summer. We probably are hungover. He has no clue what that's like because he used to He used to, yeah, and then he became lame. Yeah, he became lame for like a couple.
Speaker 1: Of years now.
Speaker 2: He back in the day, I guess he wasn't lame. If you're saying he's not lame, he was lame. Okay, say it, Jules.
Speaker 1: You know he was lame. Yeah, like when it came when it came to that, he was lame. But we didn't get him when he was young. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: He was already thirty three when I first met him, and then when I were thirty, freaking lame at thirty three years old, complaint. Compare it to when I was freaking twenty one, twenty eight years old.
Speaker 1: You're right, because then he was twenty three, twenty four. He was the there's you know, he was the best chugger on the team. He was like he was a dude's dude. So back to the story, like he'd be one more and then you would.
Speaker 2: You would run one more route and they'd beck one more and then you just be like, Tom, I'm not off and running one more. I just ran fifty routes, you know, one more, but one more you want to get better?
Speaker 1: One more.
Speaker 2: And then it'd be like fifteen more routes and then finally it was the last one and it.
Speaker 1: Was fifty and then you get to seventy five. He's like he just wanted seventy five throws. Yeah he was seven five throws. Whatever Tom says, you do, you gotta, you got your son. I remember those days, man. That what made us great? Though.
Speaker 2: What was the moment that, like you felt like you truly gained his trust and that he could rely on you even if you mess up again.
Speaker 1: He knows that you're still reliable. You know what I'm saying. What was that moment?
Speaker 2: What was that catch? What was that play if it was a practice or if it was left well, because he loved he loved West. You just were not playing when Wes was Okay, Jules, no, but you couldn't have Tom Brady's trust.
Speaker 1: When you were when you were on when West left, you didn't like a bunch of players.
Speaker 2: Okay, he didn't like it.
Speaker 1: It was when he left he had no one. He had to trust me. You had all right, and then it was weird. It was weak one in thirteen where we played Buffalo and we went out there and we won. I had two touchdowns and and that's when I felt like all right, because we had some We had some spurts where you know, West would we get banged up and he wouldn't play, being like, trust me, trust me until you had to be the guy, until you had to be the guy. Yes, and then he truly trusted you. And that's the situation.
Speaker 2: Though he doesn't really trust a guy that you know, yeah, he's not able to throw to. He's got to see eighteen times a practice, you know, he has to see it. He has to do the repetitions with you in order to truly gain your trust. And it doesn't happen overnight. Now he gained your trust and you gain his trust as well, you know, just over time, over time. I would say my situation was when we played the Chicago Bears on the one on one panther route when I was going over in the snow yeah, versus Brian or Lacker, and he wanted to gain my trust. He wants to see me be physical. That's why he always emphasized me, be fucking physical. Gronk your two hundred and sixty pounds you're going versus one hundred eighty pounders or linebackers that you're still bigger than Be physical and h This was the playpanther out one out run. I run into the end zone, kind of hit the guy with my shoulder and then turn around and the ball will be right there. Because when you're physical, you know, pushes the guy back a little bit. When you use your shoulder, you turn around, then there's that little ounce of separation and Tom can see that. He can see the field. He can see all the separation in the world, hes it, he sees it. He can see every little detail that's going out on the field. And when he sees that little detail on that route, you know, with the physicality, knows he knows that you're going to be open.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a little window.
Speaker 2: I hit Brian Urlack and we practice it, and that Friday he says, I want to see that in the game because I ran it great on Friday. So the game comes when I won versus Brian Lacer give him the shoulder turn right around the balls, right there, nice and low where it's always supposed to be in the red zone.
Speaker 1: Boom, catch it.
Speaker 2: And ever since then I gained Tom Brady's trust right there and then on the spot, which was.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest moments of my career. Yeah, I remember that he is you know, he had to see it. That's what makes him. He's a dog man. He's assassin. He is an assassin. What's your favorite Tone memory?
Speaker 2: My favorite Tom memory is actually, this is one of my favorite memories of all time. You know, when we were playing the Indianapolis Colts and I ran that five yard out route, caught it versus d Kwel Jackson. I did a little spin move, he kind of fell, did a little split.
Speaker 1: It was like, very great route by me. Great after the catch too. And then I'm running, you know, I'm going.
Speaker 2: There's a couple other guys and here comes Julian adamman Ka Boom just absolutely levels Adams.
Speaker 1: The safety, you know, gets them out of my way.
Speaker 2: I'm like, thanks Jules for the block, you know, and then I'm running into the end zone. I jump over Butler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dB, yeah, DBI.
Speaker 2: What's his first name again, Yeah, Darius Butler, who was previously on the on the Patriots and then he went to the Colts and now he's doing he's doing a great job in the media. Yeah, it was a McAfee show. He's doing a great job. So shout out to Darius Butler. But I jumped over his ass. Made me look goods flipped into the end zone. I looked like an athletic one hundred and eighty pound wide receiver. And then this was the moment, one of my favorite moments with him. Tom loved the route, loved the catch, loved your block.
Speaker 1: He was so pumped up.
Speaker 2: He ran full speed from the thirty guy line and probably because I got him a touchdown on a play where it never should have been a touchdown. Yeah, and he came running full speed and jumped on my back and went for a ride.
Speaker 1: Man. He was. He was like a pony on a horse. Man. I brought him for a ride. Man.
Speaker 2: I was carrying Tom Brady around in the freaking end zone.
Speaker 1: He was. He was on my back.
Speaker 2: Put the pony on the horse. I was waiting for him to drop that quarter in so the rock can keep on going. Yes, I didn't want him to get off. I was like, Tom Brady's on my back, like like, what else do I need in my life? Oh my god. Yeah, And it's one of my favorite pictures to sign to this day as well. I don't think he ever signed it. It costs like five billion dollars to get him to sign a picture. So like I always signed the picture on my back and like I'm waiting for that picture to be worth a lot more money once he signs it.
Speaker 1: The couple, you know. But he hasn't signed it yet.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That was a fucking fun play. That was a fun play. Thank you for that block. Oh you level Adams. Adams, he's talking in the safety was the battle he was with Denver battle. He battled us a lot. Man. He brought it, He brought it to and he wasn't scared. He was good. Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 2: There's a picture right there. Oh wait, he signed there it is. Man, he's going for a ride. I'm still waiting for those corners.
Speaker 1: Tom. Oh my gosh, there's.
Speaker 2: Tim Wright right in the back too. We won the Super Bowl this year, didn't we And we won a super Bowl this year. Yeah, yeah, I think it was who Man was was a tight end as well in the two tim right and who Man?
Speaker 1: I love who Man? All right, what was your favorite memory, Jules? My favorite memory was when we it it kind of that fourteen when he, uh, we hit that route. He came up to me afterwards and he and he goes, that was a championship route, man, and like it was nothing crazy, that's special. And he when he you know, he goes, that was a championship play man. And we didn't win the game.
Speaker 2: Yet right now because him saying that's a championship route, that's a championship play.
Speaker 1: That means a lot. Yeah, And and then afterwards when he we won, you know, like that was his That was when he got four and I just remember, you know, there were so many memories of him, like you said, how he's having the ticker of the super Bowl location and the whole story where I said, man, I'm gonna help you try to get to Joe. And because we were both Bay Area fans, love Joe Montana and I told me he was the greatest quarterback of all time, and you know that all that was just a fun memory there's so many it's it's hard to fucking do one kind of all right, I mean I'm gonna start. I know me too.
Speaker 2: There's there's a lot of memories with Tom. It's just great to see him. He's doing so good in the broadcasting booth. I mean, if he just puts in ten percent of the effort that he did with the game of football in his after career, in his post career after football, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Have the whole world just which you know he is to eat from.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be successful and anything that he does, and that's what he's gonna do. He's actually gonna go one hundred percent all in with what he does. He's great in the booth, like I said, and he's been improving so much every single week and it just shows he is actually a human. I mean, Week one, he was good, he got the win, but he definitely could improve. And then all of a sudden Week two and three, You're like, what the heck? How did he just go from being like a rookie quarterback to a veteran quarterback in one week in the broadcast booth. So just shout out to him. I mean, he dedicates himself, and he works on his craft like like no one ever has before.
Speaker 1: And that's what makes him, you know, the greatest, the greatest at ever. He cares about making the people look right that give him opportunity. He does. That's he cares about that.
Speaker 2: He takes it to heart, and he cares about showing the people that has passed on him that they fucked up too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves that. He likes that. So don't ever pass on Tom Brady. No, I won't. The only thing I'll pass on is that I was kind of a little hesitant when I said he was lame, But he was pretty lame except for when he wins a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay and he gets hammered on a damn boat. Like, where was that fucking Tom around us? I was bullshit, like I was waiting for that the whole entire time in New England.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: That's why I went to Tampa Bay. I went there for that moment. I didn't really want to play football again. I just wanted that moment that I could actually get wasted with Tom. But guess what, he was on a separate boat than me. I didn't even see him at the at that boat, right, So guess what, I still never had a drink with Tom. It took me all the way until the Roast to have a drink with Tom Brady. And that's why it was in the roast. I said, Tom, I never had a shot with you ever in my life or a drink, and he took a shot with me at the roast. So that was that was a cool moment. Yeah, well, I mean it's been thirty three minutes. How long can we talk about this guy? I think maybe we should have him on again for another episode because I got literally I can talk about this guy all day long. I could go literally two hours. The more we talk about him, the more stories that pop up in my head. Same, the more stories about him on the field, off the field, what it's like to be around him. We could talk literally for four hours straight. Jewels, what kind of du tell me what time of well? What type of dude is Tom Brady? Ladies and gentlemen, I think he is.
Speaker 1: I think this is easy, freak dog whiz. I think this is easy dude. Dude, I don't know what do you think?
Speaker 2: If it's easy, let's hear what.
Speaker 1: Let's see, he's a fucking dog He is a dog mental, physical, toughness, always motivated. He didn't have the pedigree he was he was. We saw the Brady six of the the six guys before him taking in the draft. Like he always had to go to long road. He always had to work for everything. Even when he was at his top, they were always talking about someone else. He's a fucking dog.
Speaker 2: I want to say freak, because a freak is like someone that has like the most athletic ability in the world. And he didn't really have the most athletic ability. But what's made him so great was that he didn't need the athletic ability because the dog was working harder than the athletic dog. You know that wasn't the freak dog that really or the freaky person that wasn't really working.
Speaker 1: I think he's got illness like shooting, like basically like it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Like an archer freak instincts.
Speaker 1: He could throw, Yes, he could throw rocks really good. He could probably skip a rock really really really has he probably really got a pool Yeah, like King Pong king Pom what I I Yeah, you always beat him? Never mind, he's not going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gets really mad when he loves that's a dog.
Speaker 1: That is a dog. That's a dog. He wants to want to go gun now wants to go. Guy, he won't. He wants to go again. Won't let you fucking leave.
Speaker 2: I mean, we haven't even got to This guy's looks got either. I mean we can just say that he's a stud real quick, just because of how good he looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he looks younger than when. Yeah, he got in the NFL. Like his chins, jawline freaking, just his beautiful blue eyes.
Speaker 2: I posted a picture that day on Instagram, like he's got like a six pack now, like his arms are jacked, Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's doing two days. He is doing to days. He's doing two days right now. He's got his body, he's still. So that's why maybe Ai was fucking right. He's maybe coming back. AI is is Tom Brady coming back?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He got six pack, he got a little his hair is looking as brown as ever. He gave me this supplement that he saw my great hair. And he goes, babe here and he's take this fucking uisha I think it's like uisha ou or something in some Chinese medicine and you.
Speaker 2: Put it in the shake and her hair is already growing.
Speaker 1: It is my hair darker.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't have a hat show. I wanted to show off my hair because I've got oh, we shall product.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't know how to pronounce it'h ooh oushi. I got hair it whatever it is. Look at how good his hair looks. It's just good looking guy. Man. He's a dog, all right, He's a dog. He is a dog.
Speaker 2: It's official. Tom Brady is a dog.
Speaker 1: Man. We can talk about him forever. We'll be right back after this quick break. What dude, do we have this moment? Here we go AI summary.
Speaker 2: Oh, we have a coach here at Jules coach this NFL coach and former player Sands that's six foot four inches tall. That's two inches shorter than me and weighs two hundred and sixty one pounds out of eight pounds.
Speaker 1: Less than me.
Speaker 2: Jules versus seventy eight eight pounds, he's too sixty one. Here's two sixty one plus eight sixty nine. Yes, I'm two sixty nine, so I'm eight pounds more than this coach. A versa towle linebacker who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, and Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Can you guess who this is? Yet? I know it is it? After being drafted in the third round in nineteen ninety seven, ninety seven, he's so old. I was like eight years old then I was like eleven.
Speaker 2: He won three Super Bowls with the Patriots and in first team All Pro honors in two thousand and seven, known for his tough, physical play and leadership.
Speaker 1: On the field.
Speaker 2: Well, that kind of translates to while he's a coach now and while also moonlighting as a goal line tight end.
Speaker 1: Goals like tight end more touchdowns than me, I think in the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, but not overall. Growing up in Akron, Ohio, oh so he has some roots with you, man, He has Ohio guys. He played college football at the Ohio State University. After retiring as a player, he transitioned to coaching, serving as a head coach in the NFL for six seasons before taking on his current role as a head coach of.
Speaker 1: The New England Patriots. There we go, ladies and gentlemen, and this dude, let's get on Mike Rabel.
Speaker 2: Mike Rabel, Ladies, Hey, Jules what's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Mike Rabel.
Speaker 1: The first thing that comes to my mind is just a tough guy. He's just a tough how tough like And actually the first thing comes in my mind as an asshole asshole because he's just here, I mean, a tough asshole, A tough asshole. Okay, there we go. We never played with Rabes, but because of how legendary he.
Speaker 2: Only heard stories, the stories.
Speaker 1: We're all he's about like three people, Rabel, Bruski, and Izzo, and like Rabes was always at the helm of these crazy stories that just floated around the Patriots locker room, busting balls. That comes to my head, like I always, you always kind of remember hearing how Rabes would get on to Brady and and Brady would get on Rabes and those those wars that practice. What's the first thing that comes to your mind? A tough soob.
Speaker 2: You know, a football player, a guy that has knowledge of the game as a player and as a coach, and he's from Ohio and let me tell you, Ohio football is underrated. And you learn a lot about you know, football and who you are, you know as a person, as Well, when you grow up in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: How do I know that?
Speaker 2: Because I played my senior year in Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh was a big rival. Just the state of Pennsylvania was a big rival to the state of Ohio, and you got the Pittsburgh versus Ohio, you know whatever that you know, all Star games and uh just have you know, just our tough, tough players come out of you know, come out of the state Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: They're very similar.
Speaker 2: They're kind of underrated compared to you know, you always hear about Florida, California, or Texas. All that's where all the starts, all the tough guys come from, you know, the Upper East, you know, in the US like Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York.
Speaker 1: But uh, he's he's a football guy football. Did you just try to throw New York through New York? Did you just try to sneakly throw New York football tough guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm from Buffalo and I went to uh you know, like I said, I went to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Buffalo they got some tough sobs here. I'm telling you, they got they got me, they got my brother who played in the NFL. My other brother who played in the NFL too, And yeah, yeah, we're rolling, baby, We're rolling, freaking. What's what stands out to me when we were talking about him the other day though, is how he.
Speaker 1: Was drafted in the third round to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: And you told me that fact, and it was kind of shocking to me because I thought he was a New England Patriot from day one because of just all the stories that you heard about him, just the way that he played the game when he was in New England and what he did for you know.
Speaker 1: The Patriots as well.
Speaker 2: So I had absolutely no clue that he got drafted to the Steelers. Can you tell me how that happened as well, how he got to New England because you kind of were telling me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, he was a teamer, I mean, he played in Pittsburgh. I think he was drafted ninety seven, was a special teamer. And then I think once he became a free agent, Bill like really wanted him or something. Was that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So why does Bill have like this nag of just finding these white dudes that just want to play football, just work hard, and they're not so good at the moment, and then he just blossoms.
Speaker 1: First thing, the guy sitting next to me like that, I mean, that's his projector Nikovichikovich was a long snapper welker in Miami.
Speaker 2: I mean what what was he just kind of a punt returner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy catches. Yet he had a big year. He had a big year, not like a.
Speaker 2: Huge year like he had in New England. For he had a decent, solid year in Miami.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, Mike was the guy that Bill always used to reference like you think you're smart, you're not no frable like and that's that's when you know someone's a smart football players when Bill's referencing him in mother Fucking you you know like that. That was always kind of like one thing that stuck out. And then just hearing from like Jimmy Whalen the training staff on how vrabel was in the locker room like hell, Corey was like hey, him and Willie Mack and Brew like he there was like the holy trinity of guys that everyone had to walk through that kept everyone accountable. And I'm really you know, I'm pretty excited. I'm excited for this this new generation of Patriots. Now, with that said, I still think the whole Mayo situation that he got the short end of the stick on this, and I feel terrible for him, and I think he's gonna do well, but like that really wasn't set up to really succeed, not at all.
Speaker 2: I think goes a little bit unfair. But shout out to Mayo because he's a great coach. He knows the game of football tremendously, and uh, you know, I just think that it wasn't set up properly for him, And I feel like he's gonna have some success in the future, you know, with another organization and possibly be another head coach down the road, you know, once he gets his footback on the gas pedal.
Speaker 1: But Rabel coming in now, like all this stuff that you hear keeping guys accountable, like he's gonna be the first doing and he can he can get away with saying things to guys the way he says it because he did it, he played it, and he's just as smart as the guys that coached him at it. So like when you have all those things and he's a burly motherfucker, like he's a big man. When you shake his hands, his hands wrapped to your wrists. He's got big ass hands, strength, man strang. I still think he got four or six plays in him. You think he could play right now? Four sixth plays?
Speaker 2: Yeah, four to six plays, like you know that offensive package of New England Patriots had for him. And talking about that offensive package, I think he had ten catches his whole entire career for ten touchdowns. So what a fucking from touch The TV is one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That's in all time insane.
Speaker 2: And that's just how smart of a player he was, is that he knew how to get open on the offensive side of the ball and on top of it, on the defense side of the ball.
Speaker 1: I mean, just eight of and just just how good he was just knowing the game. You know what makes me so sad? Though?
Speaker 2: What's sad? Because what makes you sad? Now you're making me sad.
Speaker 1: No, it makes me sad because we always hear about the stories about Brady when he was like the young guy on the team and how Rabel and Bruski and all these guys used to like motherfuck him and it was it was and picked on him. It was a completely different Tom that we played with so like we and like you couldn't. There was only a couple guys kept really good jaw with Tom, but everyone was so scared to do it, and Tom would be hungry to jaw with people like talk shit, but like everyone was so scared to talk shit to Tom because he was already Tom by then, you know, like it was. It almost makes me like, man, I wish we got to see him in those those early stages where you were more kind of part of the boys, instead of him being like the older brother, h guy figure. You understand that Rabel was like that older brother figure to Tom. Yeah, and we didn't get to see any of that.
Speaker 2: We got this the time where he was our older brother and it would have been amazing to be a part of that crew. But we're just the second, you know, era of the New England pages. But there were so many times, like you said, in the training room and the coaches that were around very able, like oh, you would have loved the guy so much, you would have loved to play with him.
Speaker 1: He gives it all. He gives it his all out on the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a guy that you want to be friends with as well in the locker room because he's just fun to be around, but also at the same time, he's going to go all out for you out on the field. I mean he was a grinder, yeah, I mean gritty, great size as a player, and he was an inside outside.
Speaker 1: Threat, first tier out there out in the field.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why Bill loved him so much, because how versatile he was a special teamer, could play inside backer and outside backer and when to When Bill gets a guy like that, he utilizes their skill and so many different aspects of the game and he makes you a tremendous a player and he blossoms you like no other. And that's why Bill loves those type of guys when he can get him in free agency one percent.
Speaker 1: Think about it, like he's played on every phase of the game at a high level in an important game. He's been a teamer. So like when he's addressing the team and he's watching fucking the film or having like a highlight thing that he's probably presenting the team, he can break down guy for guy because he's done it at the pro level. On defense, he knows everything about defense because he's you know, he basically was in the school of doctorates on the defense through Belichick, learning through him and then actually being on the field and experiencing it is another way he gets to coach guys and then an offense, Like, yeah, he was in a package or two, but I remember going and going on the other side of the ball when I had to play corner. Like even being in those meeting rooms for the little amount of time that I was, it opened up my mind so differently on how I thought about offense when I went back to offense and how I was attacking the defense. He's done that on offense, Like he can break down the whole the whole game, and he's a masculine figure that's gonna make you do it right, and if you don't, he's gonna motherfucker you get rid of you. He's gonna make people accountable. That's how it was the Patriot way that it was developed through these guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, and just just talking about his knowledge of the game and just the mastermind he has within the rule book of the NFL as well. Remember in the twenty nineteen playoffs, Rabel intentionally took a twelve man on the field penalty just to keep Brady off of the field. I mean, he kind of outplayed Belichick in that situation because Belichick was the master of knowing the rules inside and out and using that to his advantage. And this is a time when Rabel used it to his advantage and it was against the mastermind coach Belichick. So I learned that pretty incredible by him to do that.
Speaker 1: I learned about that little mastermind bullshit is when we went to the Kentucky Derby one year and he fucking was He was my handicapper for the horses, and I made like twenty gard in, like Rabel loves like that kind of shit. We were sitting there and I have no clue on how to gamble these horses, and raveses over here got his dip in. I think he had a cigarette, maybe a shot or two in him, and he's fucking c Yeah, he was smoking with a dip in. I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: I love this guy now.
Speaker 1: And we go and we go to the little thing where you have to put your ship in, and I'm like, Raves, what I do? He's like, don't worry at him, And I got you. You know, he fucking puts them on there. We hit it like a three thing parlay or something. He's just a smart guy. He's a smart guy that like can beat you up.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest thing in year one that he has to emphasize in New England?
Speaker 1: What do you think, Jules, Well, you gotta get some lineman. H you gotta get some right there, he gotta. They got a whole lot of money to spend. Now, knowing Mike through the years that I've known him, I'm sure he took this job knowing that he Uh, he's going to be able to spend some money.
Speaker 2: He's in a great situation heading into his first year. Obviously, he's got Drake May who's an unbelievable quarterback. He's going to develop him to best of his potential, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Uh, he was.
Speaker 2: I would say Josh McDaniels, Josh McDaniels go there, but he has to go through the whole process. Maybe he has a guy or two out there that he's thinking about bringing in, but uh, he's going through all that hiring process.
Speaker 1: Interview. I think that would But Josh McDaniels would be the best face just anywhere. He ain't. He ain't and he loves it there.
Speaker 2: I believe Josh is one of the best offensive coinators in the league as well. I mean he knows how to develop players. He developed, helped develop team he developed, You developed, Tom put me in the right situations all the time when I was in New England. He knows how to relate to guys as well, which is really good. I mean, uh, you need that, you know, with these young bucks these days.
Speaker 1: I mean, he made mac Jones a pro bowler in his rookie years, then he left.
Speaker 2: And then ain't no pro bowler.
Speaker 1: From there on out. No, there hasn't been. Hasn't been.
Speaker 2: I'll contribute all that to most of that to McDaniel. But these mcdse I like the name. I never heard that. I don't know what about Rabel. He took Ryan Tannehill out of Miami. Everyone thought he was gonna be out of the league, and he basically made him into a pro bowler, basically got the number one seed in the playoffs and almost made the Super Bowl. Yeah, you know, a couple of years with him too. So he knows how to develop quarterbacks. He knows how to get the best out of guys because he brings that type of energy you know, on the field, in the meeting rooms, to get the best out of players. And that's why I hear about Rabel, and that's why people love playing for him out of the guys that I know in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I think he just feels safe when you're around him. I feel safe. I feel like whenever he was whenever we hang out, we've gone out and done things together, I just feel safe. Feel he's just burly he and he's also got the wit and like the strategy to like if something's some ship were to happen in like a bar or something like, he know an escape route, maybe take down like seven eight people himself and then get us. Like, he just feels safe with a guy like Rabel. He's the guy you you want your daughter to marry. I feel I don't know about that, all right, all right, well, well I like what you're saying. You feel safe around. You want your daughter to marry someone that around.
Speaker 2: So Jewels.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm excited for him. I'm sad for Mayo. This is like a This is really like one of those things where it's like a divorce. This is why New England keeps on putting me in these goddamn divorces. I feel like a kid that's had like five divorced parents. What can you explain more? Well, when Bill and Brady that divorce. Yeah, now you know Mayo freaking Rabes that divorce, there's like fucking hell because we're all like intertwined and it's kind of like in ssual.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like the red headed step child that's just been there throughout the whole time. That's just takes all the beatings, but in the end you're gonna still be standing there.
Speaker 1: Make it tough. It does make you tough, makes you tough man, and that's why you're the toughest guy I know. Jules. Also, i'd be I'd be crazy to say that. Yeah, our last game with Tom Brady Rabell beat us. That's why Verbel's back. That's why he's back. If he didn't win his cleats over there, if he didn't win that game, he might not be back. He might not be the head coach of the New Patriots.
Speaker 2: And maybe he wouldn't because maybe he he sent Tom Brady packing in his last game as a New Patriot.
Speaker 1: That's probably his greatest Like, that's probably what he said. The first line in the interview. Did he say that, No, I'm just saying I would. But hey, mister Kraft, who sent Tom packing, I bet you he said that. I bet you he has no filter where he probably would say ship like that. He's he's the only player to have two touchdowns in a sack in a game offense and defense. I mean his versatility. Is there any other coach out there that you think could beat up Rabel? I think a good fight would be Dan Campbell and him. Oh point, but that I'm taking Rabes because Rabes d n Kimble. He was a tight end. Yeah, so what what are you saying about tight ends jewels? They're just not that tough.
Speaker 2: They're not as tough as I agree, you're one of one.
Speaker 1: I agree with your title.
Speaker 2: Ones ain't as tough as d ns, and the d ns are beastly, man, Deans are huge.
Speaker 1: You gotta be fearless, Mile Ryans. He could be in there. They all say McDermott is like a wrestler, iowast, but I'm I think Rabes is a wrestler too. And Rabes used to go against fucking Steve Neil all the time, which Steve Neil was World champions, So Rabes already got a little in on that. So I think he's I think Rabes is taking it's just weight weight class on on McDermott. And he may have the skilled technique, but Rabel would swallow him. Oh ship, What kind of dude is Mike Rabel?
Speaker 2: I mean he's stud no doubt about it. Football IQ's up there the pedigree. He's also a wizard. He does like every position he also has he does. I mean he's got the best chin in football other than like the coach coward, like having a nice chins of stock.
Speaker 1: Like he looks like the Ohio guy. When you put Ohio guy in dictionary for like recruit, it's like big white guy, big chin looks like Mustafa from fucking Beauty in the Beast. Yeah, I never seen Beauty in the Beast Or is that one? I don't know, Gustaf, you know Gustav or something, Yeah, I never seen it. Freak. I mean, he he had like man's strength, that's what everyone always talked about. His man's strength. Dog. Definitely a dog, no doubt he could be a lot room guy. I was thinking Whiz. I was gonna go with Whiz.
Speaker 2: I mean, just how clutch he was in situations and just how knowledgeable he was.
Speaker 1: And he's offense. He's a dude's dude in the Patriot world, like in bizarro world, which is not really like everywhere else where, Like being an asshole and bullying is like being positive there. So you know that's positive because it makes you accountable. So I wouldn't put him in the overall category of dudes. Dude, I would go on three, what do you think one, let's go on three, one, two, three. Whiz. He's definitely a whiz.
Speaker 2: I mean, special teamer, knows that game inside and out. Defense, I mean clearly played defense, was one of the best out there, one of the toughest. And then I knew what to do on the offense side of the ball to touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He's a whiz. And then also he's a whiz the fucking belichicking the Belichick with the timeout of the.
Speaker 2: Twelve man on the fid men on the field.
Speaker 1: You know, so wizard, he's a whiz. Next our next guest, though, I think we should go over to the Alabama side. We're fair, We're fair, We're very fair. This guy, though, was never fair on a goal line play, or he was never fair on a second and ten in the Super Bowl or second in goal in the Super Bowl where he had to make a life changing play to create and tackle h Marshawn Lynch. This guy had the hugest calves I've ever seen. Next guest, Dante Hi Tower, Danta, I mean Dante Hi Tower, Dante Dante hi Jan even I know it's Dante. I'll get into it after Ai. And which a I have to say about Dante because we know him is the AI synopsis. Obviously I'm improving my.
Speaker 2: Speaking skills because I couldn't say synopsis on our very first episode, Julianna, and now I can't. So this is what's so great about Dudes on dudes is that we're getting smarter as being complete dudes overall. Synopsis, synopsis. All right, here we go the synopsis or Dante Hier this week. He's a former NFL linebacker. Dante high Tower is a former NFL linebacker known for his leadership and versatility on the field. A two time Pro Bowler, high Tower played his entire nine year NFL career with the New England Patriots, the same amount of years I played with the New England Patriots, nine, helping the team win three Super Bowl titles, just like myself, helping the New England Patriots win three Super Bowl titles. I love this guy already. Prior to the NFL career, he was a standout at the University of Alabama, where he was a key figure and winning two BCS national championships. This freezing guy is a winner, that's all I know. Five championships at the highest level, two in college, three in the NFL. Over what over a thirteen to fourteen year period. Ridiculous winner winner Chicken Danner, that's for sure. Born and raised in Lewisburg, Tennessee. Oh, the walls must not like him.
Speaker 1: That's I don't want to wow. Maybe he didn't want to go to Mayo's fin steps. Oh, shots fired all right.
Speaker 2: High Tower was known for his high football IQ and relentless work ethic. After retiring in twenty twenty two, high Tower joined the Patriots coaching staff while also pursuing business ventures, spending time with his family, and engaging and charity charitable work, earning admiration for his calm and thoughtful demeanor.
Speaker 1: Off the field. Oh that's my guy.
Speaker 2: He is calm and does have that demeanor of being relaxed, but he will rip your freaking head off, face off. He'll bring your arm off.
Speaker 1: What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Dante. I'm scared of Dante Hi Tower.
Speaker 2: But the first thing that comes to mind right now is I'm looking at the picture of him in high school and he looks exactly like Matthew Slater, but with big ears, like alf years. So if you can put that up, please and show everyone he's he was Matthew Slater in high school with alf ears.
Speaker 1: I just looking at the picture. Pretty pretty dog slay dogs.
Speaker 2: Shot fire more shots fire that former teammates, Pum pum.
Speaker 1: We love shooting shots at our former teammates.
Speaker 2: Please shoot them back.
Speaker 1: We appreciate that there's one guy who can't handle our shots fired at him. Think of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but theh Tower was such a better linebacker than yeah, short linebackers. But all right, back to Dante. All right, here's my story. This guy I was scared of. Actually he was what first round pick, New England pager, like.
Speaker 1: Top top fifteen or so. When you have a linebacker that's.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifth six, what is he six four six three, you know, six and can move like he's a little guy. I'm scared of those guys. You want to know why, because they got that leverage. He's not a little guy, You're just massive. No, I'm scared of those I don't know why those guys. I'm scared of those big guys that are in the frame why of six you know, one to six four and are wide as well, like you just said, because they got that leverage and they can get underneath me, and then that's when I lose.
Speaker 1: And I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Juill see, I gotta outsmart these guys, so Dante, I had to, you know, try to outsmart them on the football field and going versus them in practice. And that was just to not get touched by him, you know, try to run away from him because he was always gonna win versus me and camp.
Speaker 1: I was a rookie. I was coming off that ankle injury. I wasn't a rookie. He was a rookie. I was coming off the ankle injury. When you know that guy in.
Speaker 2: Baltimore and broke my ankle. Pollard, Yeah, very very so. I didn't really heal that well that whole year at South Padre Island spring break, my cast and everything came back every time in my ankle was good. It really wasn't, you know. But don't tell Bill, Bill, don't listen to that. Okay, you've done things like that too, Jewels, So that's gonna make me feel better just saying that. But uh, I can't get open. I'm not doing this well in training camp. My back's tarting to go out of me because I'm compensating. I'm just making excuses right now.
Speaker 1: Why Dante, you know, dominated me when he was a rookie.
Speaker 2: But this guy, when they're that wide, they're built that strong. You could just tell he had that presence of Yo, I ain't gonna move that guy. No one's really gonna move that guy, being sixty three two hundred and sixty pounds. And I accidentally like caught him one time running your route. I tried going around him and like we caught like shoulders or something. It can't exactly pinpoint what it was, and like it was kind of like a cheap shot on him, but it was totally accidental, and I yeah, it wasn't a chip. It was like he was at the linebacker position kind of stepping up for the run and kind of ran into you. I think I kind of face masked him or something and then.
Speaker 1: Like yanked it a little bit.
Speaker 2: He turned around and he was furious. He was vicious, and I was like, oh man, he took it to a whole other level. The next play versus me, and I literally learned I will never piss off Dante High Tower ever again.
Speaker 1: You got to piss it. You mustn't do something crazy, because I never really seen him pissed off. Yeah, he was mad, man, he was mad.
Speaker 2: The guy's a freak. You can't really block him in the run game. You can't really stop him in the past game either if he's rushing at you because he can move so well and can get around you, or he can bowl rush you. So the guy man freak of an athlete, no doubt about that. And I swear if you go to a barbecue with him, he'll eat like fifteen pounds of like Rabbi steak.
Speaker 1: And Briskey can eat. When'd you see me whatever at those team outings that we have and like it turns in the muscle right on the street muscle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know how the Wolverine character or whatever, and like the Hawk like they just you know in those movies, like whatever, we do they just you know, turn into the creature that they are, Like, that's what he did when he ate ate that food.
Speaker 1: He just turned into Dante hitar dude. Well, I mean his nickname was Zeus, which is like huge, huge Greek.
Speaker 2: I remember, like really, he was a rookie and I was already telling him that he's going to sign a one hundred million dollar deal at the middle linebacker position.
Speaker 1: Did you yeah, how'd you know? Because I was facing Brison. I'm like, this guy freaking good. He good. He can move cover, he can you know, stop the run, he can do it all. I mean, Scar, he looks like the predator out there because he has dreads, like early in his creating. But when he got dreads and you're that big and wide, Dante looks like he has two houses for calves. His calves are so damn big. Is the largest cat. I used to tell him that every day I walk by, he'd be in his sandals. We'll be walking by each other in the hallway. I see his cap, Like, bro, can you fucking ease up on the calf raises? Jesus Christ, it wasn't the calf raises, it was the brisket. It was probably the Brits call right to his cast, right to Drew, right to his calv And Dante was a smart ass football player, smart, very smart football player. And I remember going to his house once and I walked over there and he, like you said, he's just like a he's a quiet he's kind of quiet, but he's vicious. And I go to his house and I'm like, is that a fucking video game station with keyboard in mouse? Dante high Tower is a keyboard guy in the video games. I go, what the fuck is this bro? He goes, what, bro? Whatever? You know, he's like a whiz. He's a fucking whizz, this guy. He's insane on call of duty too. Don't don't let him. Don't let him trick you and think he's not. He's a fucking gamer. He used to he was really good.
Speaker 2: Well that's why he's a football coach now for the New England Patriots football because you gotta.
Speaker 1: Be smart, you gotta be a whiz in order to be a coach. How do you think he's doing a coaching I feel like he's doing fine. How do you think they're feeling over there now?
Speaker 2: I feel like Dante's always feeling good.
Speaker 1: Man. He's never down an even guy. He is, man, he really is.
Speaker 2: He's the guy that had the ultimate pass from Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: He always had. That's how scary he was that coach was even scared of him. I don't think coach is scared of him. Coach loved He wasn't scared of him.
Speaker 2: Man, He loved him because he was He was a well built football player and he played the game how it should be played Bill, and Bill loves guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. We're offense. That's why we never got loved Jules.
Speaker 2: Who else had the Bill pass? Basically a male had that pass. He could do whatever he wanted to do.
Speaker 1: And Bill that's fine. You know. Devin Belichick mccordy, I mean that's one of his sons. I think that's his actual middle name. Now who else was another one? In past?
Speaker 2: We mean, like you know, if they didn't want to practice, or if like there, you know, hamstring was a little sore, they be coach.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't go to the coach. But no problem, just hang out in the training room and get it rubbed on.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: No, I was thinking more of the past. You know, how has been over here testing the guys around a show like, Hey, who's this guy? Who's that guy? Well, for the offense, he'd be like, hey, Rob, what's the exotic front of the defense that you expect to see on third and two? And Rob's sitting there like going through the What the fuck? Hey, Devin, what color is the offense that we're playing? If they're at home?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think green? Yes, good job, Like that's the past we're talking about. Or like whenever you give a question to like the defensive line, like do these guys like to run the ball or pass the ball? They got Derek Henry, I'm like, uh, coach, I'm on offense, I think they like to run the ball. God, hey, gentlemen, what is the punter? What school did he go to? I mean, that's that's the past we're talking And Dante got that. Bill love Dante and it was deserving. Dante was He was one of the alphas. He sat in the Teddy Bruski locker when you walked into the I think it was either the Teddy Bruski or the Willie mac locker. They'd always put those two guys in because when you had to walk in the locker room, you had to walk by those guys. He was one of those guys. I mean he was. He was a great teammate.
Speaker 2: Where would you rank him as an all time you know, Patriot player on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got to be up there. I mean, we wouldn't had the Super Bowl if he didn't make that second down, the second down goal line player.
Speaker 2: That's very true what you said. We would have never won that Super Bowl. That Malcolm Butler catch would have never happened because Marshawn Lynch would have scored already. And everyone talks about, hey, why didn't Marshawn Lynch get you know, the handoff or why didn't they hand off the ball? Well, there was a play prior to that wasn't It wasn't the exact play before. Well, Marshawn Lynch did have the ball. And what happened one on one with Dante high Tower. And you never seen Marshawn Lynch never go down ever one on one on one and literally Dante high Tower is the only guy that can you know, possibly do that, and he knocked him right down and he stopped him in order to the next play, in order to get to the next play that Malcolm Butler had that interception, so they already gave it to Marshaun Lynch to have that chance to score. So without Dante high Tower, we would have never had that, you know, first super Bowl.
Speaker 1: In New England, no doubt about him.
Speaker 2: And then and another big play that he has had, you know in his career was that stripsack in the game that unfortunately I didn't play in because my backup blown out when I went up to see him because Tom threw me up to see him earlier that year and then I got leveled and lost a lung in them back and I still came back the next year. But yeah, in that Super Bowl vers Atlanta, that strip sack Man, So just continue the domination of the comeback.
Speaker 1: That was an incredible play. He comes through in the clutch at all times. I still who blew your back out? Earl Thomas? We're not going that deep about who blew my back out? It was It was a dude, though. It was a dude.
Speaker 2: His name was Earl Thomas.
Speaker 1: He's a Torpedo. Yeah, Torpedo was a big player that you can recall. The guy always had a big play when the team needed I mean you go back into college. In the National Championship, he had a sip sack. That's the kind of player Dante was. Fucking when your team needed a big play, a big moment, he was super versatile. I remember him. He'd be middle linebacker and we put him at defensive ends sometimes because you could rush a passer like. He just was big time player to make big time plays. That is a huge contribution why I have three super Bowl rings, you have four. There's a huge part of it. I mean, we wouldn't have been there without him. You know, I'd always call him. If you see how his name's spelled, it's don't a with apostrophee, and so I used to call him Danta very you know, I used to call him a Danta in not locker room. He go, jeels, don't you fucking call me Danta? I go, why not, Danta? He goes, because if you fucking call me, all these white people out here in Boston they're gonna be calling me Danta. Don't you fucking call me Danta. My name is Dante. I'm like, all right, Danta, Jules, even I knew it was Dante. You must you must, you must have.
Speaker 6: Had a bad days. I just wanted to call him Dante to make fun of him time. Well, what kind of dude is he? What kind of dude is the kind of dude to Dante? I mean, Dante, you're getting me on that freaking.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, whatever you do, if you see Dante, do not call him Dante. He'll get really mad at you. He'll blame it on me. He'll fucking blame it on me. Don't call him Dante. What kind of dude is Dante? I mean he's he looks like a goddamn stud. He does look like a stud. He's a freak too. I mean he's got house for calves.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's he hits categories.
Speaker 1: He's a dudes. Dude, he's a dude. Yeah, he hits them all on three. Let's let's see which one on three? Hold. I gotta think about it real quick. All right, I'm gonna go because.
Speaker 2: He's all five, so let me try to pinpoint it down the one on three, one, two, three.
Speaker 1: I think I think he's a whiz. That's why he's a coach now. He is a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he knew the game of football like no other. I mean he's got a national champion has he has? He has five you know, championship said, and like.
Speaker 1: He was a first round linebacker. He had a lot of hype coming in and he backed up all the hype he did. He like, you know what I mean, he's a large. I mean he's a freak too. I mean he made big plays in big situations. He's got a pedigree, he's got football IQ, and he looks like a Greek god.
Speaker 2: But making big plays in a big game is a whiz, Jules, because he knew when to make that play to turn it around for the team.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is like a but I would I would say, though we're trying to categorize it into what like he most represents. A whiz is a guy that doesn't have the freak abilities and they get through because they're so smart, and they're not getting through because they're a freak or a stud. So that's how you become a true wiz. So therefore, he was getting through as a freak and a stud and a dog. So he can't technically be a whiz because being a whiz didn't really lead him to where he needs to be. Maybe now as a coach. Going back to that, I'm gonna have to categorize him as a stud or a freak.
Speaker 1: So let's go. Let's go back at it again and try again. Ready, one, two, three? Stud for he saw his cats. You just it would scream stud. Let's get on.
Speaker 7: Vince will Fork, big dog, Vince welfor big v Oh my god, I wonder why something?
Speaker 1: Thanks for something? The Black Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday. I bet start the clock. What's he? I gotta say, Vince Welfork.
Speaker 2: He had six foot two and weighing around three hundred and twenty five pounds, played as a dominant nose tackle in the NFL three primarily I think he was like three fifty at one point in sixty primarily played for the New England Patriots and later for the Houston Texans. Growing up in boy Town Beach, Florida, I think so Boyton Boyton, boy Tom Beach, Florida, will Fork was a track and field standout before switching to football at the University of Miami. Selected twenty first overall in the two thousand and four draft, he was known for his strength, size, and ability to stuff the run, often drawing double teams and anchoring defenses with his power and scale. Over his career, will Fork recorded five hundred and sixty tackles, sixteen sacks, and three interceptions, earning two Super Bowl championships five Pro Bowl selections in a reputation as one of the best defense tackles.
Speaker 1: Of his era.
Speaker 2: Known for his charisma and a love for barbecue, he has remained a beloved figure off the field, where his big personality and big hits made him a fan favorite. That's a lot by Ai, the long synopsis. That's the longest one we had so far. But Vince deserves it. Yeah, deserves it. He's the biggest guy so far we've been talking about. He's about three hundred and sixty five pounds. I think they got it got it wrong there. This guy can eat you up.
Speaker 1: Man. He's lost a lot of weight now, he sure has. He looks really good, man, He really good. It looks good on him.
Speaker 2: It's just sad that you know he's not coming back though, you know, because every good player you always have that imagination that they're going to come back.
Speaker 1: He never he always thought, vin I think Ve can still play. You just have that thought about him. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about Big V the barbecues.
Speaker 2: You know, he came out with his own barbecue saw some pretty sure. Mister Kraft used to have that team get together, team bonding at his house in the Cape after you made the team. It was right at the end of August. What howday's at right the end of August?
Speaker 1: Labor Day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Labor Day yep, and uh, it was Labor Day week and we would all go up there and it'd be ribs or be you know, steaks, and here comes Big V coming through and he brings his own barbecue sauce.
Speaker 1: Every single year.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't eat those ribs or a sar line or you know, the burger meet until that barbecue sauce got there. And once Big V showed up, Hey, Big V passed that sauce over, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He loved it too, man. He loved being known about that sauce. And he just loved just the atmosphere around a cookout.
Speaker 1: For I was fortunate enough to get invited to one of his cookouts. He smokes some ribs. He was into some big ass overalls with no shirt smoking ribs. He just looks at home when he's on a barbecue. He looks like that's he's at home. The first I remember when I was a rookie. He's comfortable. That's just comfort zone for him. It is I remember my rookie year. My welcome to the NFL moment was like I was rolling in, like my Toyota rental and I park it in the way back of the players a lot, and all of a sudden, there's this fucking huge semi a fucking semi truck rolls in and parks up right in the and takes like two damn spots backs in backs in this big ass orange semi truck. It's fucking Vince's daily driver. Vin's had like a huge semi truck daily driver. He gets out of thinking and it looked just like him in front of the barbecue, just a comfort zone for him. Just a big ass dude getting out of a big ass truck. Big v was just fucking so cool. That was like my first welcome bed and I was like, holy shit, I don't even know you can buy semi trucks.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of welcome to the NFL, he gave me my welcome to the NFL dosage of a.
Speaker 1: Hit Wooden training camp rookie year. You know the wham block. What's the wam block explained?
Speaker 2: Where they let go the guy let go. That's the just defensive tackle free, so then he thinks he's gonna go get a sack. And then a wham block is when I come across the line of scrimmage at the tight end position, when I'm off the ball, and I'm the one that goes, and I wham the defensive.
Speaker 1: Tackle and try to block on make a trap for this tight end.
Speaker 2: There you go exactly and we're trapping the defensive tackle, so he knows it's coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a specialty play that the New England Patriots been running nine nine seven. They know the fucking script well before me. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It was it was a nine nine to seven, so yeah, the defense does know the script so they can look really good in the run game throughout that whole period. And I think they also told him this play was coming, uh being specifically knowing I'm on the black Vince, and they wanted to see my toughness as a rookie. So the players called I'm in full Paz. You know, I'm a wam block. I got to show my toughness. I got to show my keeps. I got to get the respect of my fellow teammates, especially the veterans.
Speaker 1: Way, let me paint the picture. Also, Rob's a rookie here. Vive was like the big dog on campus. In practice. No one really gets close to him because you don't want to piss him off. When you're new, you know, it's like, holy shit, is that a that is a large human being. He's like so big, I think there's like something that orbits him, like on how round he is? Like that's you didn't want to get in his way. He didn't want to piss him off because he was very intimidating. Get back to your story. So the play, you know, gets on its way. Do my little to you know, two side steps, you know on the motion. I'm running full speed right at Vince Wolford. This guy peeks over to his left. He sees me coming. He has this grin on his face. Knowing I was coming, he put his shoulder down. I'm going full speed at him, and he gets that leverage and just tease off on me. I went flying backwards five to six yards. I didn't even land on my back. He sent me flying in the air where I landed on my feet still. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that hit hurt like a mother effort. But what's cool is I gained the respect to my teammates and my coach at that time, tight end coach, in that meeting that day when we went and reviewed the playerings. Brian Farrens, Love you, Brian Farrens. He's now at Iowa with his dad doing, you know, doing his thing.
Speaker 1: Doing a good job.
Speaker 2: He goes, Yo, what were you thinking trying to block Vince Wolf for He goes, You're never gonna do that again. I go, thank you, thank you. I go, I'll never do it again. And ever since that day, you know, we had about five more of those calls, and I just go up to him.
Speaker 1: I hug him.
Speaker 2: I didn't need to try to block him. It was just only gonna get me hurt from there on out. Yeah, I just give him a hug, like Vince No, No, it's the way I'm black man. I know you're gonna beat me, like, there's there's no reason to go through this motion of me getting thrown backwards again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm gonna break a rib.
Speaker 2: He's so he's so sure you love your ribs and you're gonna you know, you'll probably eat him and join him after with your barbecue sauce.
Speaker 1: Body. Oh my, that had to be so terrifying. It was, well at that time, it was intimidating guy when you joined the team.
Speaker 2: Too, terrifying after that because I was trying to, you know, gainer my keeps man like, I was trying to prove myself, so I didn't care who was in my way.
Speaker 1: And then I learned, I do care who's in my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when when it comes down to the NFL, you gotta that's when you learn then when to you know, take your shots to someone and when not to, when to block someone hard, when to kind of like just brother in law, box someone out as well, instead of trying to hit him full speak and you hit him full speed heads up. They you know, they're way bigger than you. This is when you started learning the ins and outs. And that's one ins and out. I learned big time.
Speaker 1: Freaking v And he was so quick too, Like that's what people don't realize, like they just surprisingly.
Speaker 2: Quick because of how big he was and his feet he had fast feet. Man, he was kind of like a running back. That pitter patters, like whoa big burp right there, Jules. Wow, was the barbecue I ate from five years ago with big vans and still coming out we ate that much. I tasted that barbecue sauce right that was good. But his feet were surprisingly click.
Speaker 1: He was like boom. He was a rabbit out there. I remember always going in the weight room and you go over by like the kettlebells and like the arm bars and stuff, and there'd always be a shock put there. Remember him. You ever see him shot put? And I never have? Oh my god, he can shock. He was a fucking track star. I think he had like the state record.
Speaker 2: He had strength too. I remember like he wouldn't go in the weight room to just like warm up, you know, do three fifteen like five. He would just go in the weight room just to you know, maintain his strength. And he would just walk in and I remember him just throwing up like four hundred and twenty five pounds in the bench and just tossing it up then racking it and be like I'm done for today. Yeah, Like he didn't even need to work on his strength that much because he was just that strong naturally and like it was to a whole nother level.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember seeing him in the weight room toom he like Marcus Cannon. When he would work out, the weights would bend. He was just so strong and he had always great movement like he was very He was very skillful, like fluid fluid. Like when you watch Big V throw football, he looks like like he spins the ball really well. You see him hit a golf ball. He fucking has an unbelievable golf swing. I mean, the guy is so athletic. He used to return punts in high school. Like I remember, you know, Bill always every training camp when it's getting to like day nine ten, guys who are worn down, beat up mentally, physically, emotionally exhausted, he'd always have a big lineman come in and try to catch a pun and if you caught punch, you'd have the night off. He threw v up there and it looked too fucking easy. I think he went in snagged that thing was.
Speaker 2: He was so athletic. He could have played fullback. I swear he could play running back and it gets gained some yards before going down tight end. He could definitely play I heard him talking about this too as well. He could play defensive end obviously, anywhere on the defensive line, and he, like you said, quarterback as well.
Speaker 1: He had an arm.
Speaker 2: He loved being you know, before practice was going on, you know, before we get really got into it, he'd be chucking the ball, you know, to his fellow defensive players, having a good old time. He was just so disruptive as well. And he was kind of like the two gap god when he was, you know, on that defensive line and being able to take two gaps. You know how much Steff Freese, that linebacker, that's a linebacker's best friend right there, Vince Well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Drod Mayo, Dante high Tower, Jamie Caul, they all love them. They all do it. And guys like they love guys that take double teams. Lets you get to that fucking kind of Big V just said. Big V has so many stats. He had so much production for the amount of stats he had, because he had such hidden things that made plays go. It was unblockable, and you take two double teams, they can never get the guy to the second level. Like he just was fucking a monster. And we wanted to talk about him on this show specifically because because what is he known for on Thanksgiving, Jules, He's the one that created the butt but.
Speaker 2: The force, the generator of the butt fumball versus the New York Jets. Sanchez, Oh my god, he did that before. Like he it's where he gets so much penetration.
Speaker 1: He drives his guy back so far that it hit the quarterback with the guy that he was driving backs. But that made him fumble the football and Steve Gregory scoop score in his home area of New Jersey, which was just a fucking crazy game. That comes to my mind when I think events of some of his crazy stories. But also remember when we were in Buffalo and he read out the receivers Stron what was he rewarded with?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: After that we had the turkey on the post game, he had the turkey leg. He had the turkey leg.
Speaker 2: He rewarded with a turkey leg during the post game for his contribution to the butt.
Speaker 1: Fumble, and he ate that thing. He ate it all. Not surprised. So what was it that you were talking about in Buffalo? Remember in Buffalo where they had that receiver screen and v read it and he was full full speed and a receiver was full speed, not seeing him, and it looked like it looked like it was semi hit like one of those little smart cars. Oh my god, gosh, this this is the receiver.
Speaker 2: Like he was up, he was up, and them like your finger just got bent backwards in matter of a split second.
Speaker 1: Boom. That looked like the receiver right there. Boom. It's not even that, it's not even the mass. Imagine if he like fell on you going that fast, at least you like a bug, like a fucking bug. I bet you got his why out.
Speaker 2: Of the air and it just explodes everywhere. That's kind of what happened to the Bills Wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And you always they flattened him, No, it was it was that's a terrifying hit. Like that's like, that was a terrifying hit. There's a lot of big hits that you see. You're like, all right, you can you can withstand that. But when it's it's straight physics. When you got mass times velocity, you get forced, you get fucking force. And that's what Big V was. I don't know if that's right for you physics people get us in there. But then also what about what about his interceptions? We're talking big plays here. I mean he had that that pick versus Philip Rivers at home in Gillette Stadium when he was was that another screen or he was just I think he was he got tipped or somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he tip it?
Speaker 1: Did he tip it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tipped it to himself. He showed great ball skills right there. And then then you saw your fast feet, yes, and then he started just you know, trucking down the field like a rabbit with his fast feet. He looked nimble, and he looked agile and just rumbling down the field.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone in the world that watched that play, anyone in the world didn't want that big man to score when a big man has because the ball looked like a fucking like, uh, a paper talent is in his armpit, a loaf of bread. I mean it pumper nickel, pumper nickel. It looks so small and he's like running it and like everyone is just sitting there, like, look at the big big go Remember Komley also did that and they kick off return packers. I love big man get or score a touchdown, score touch his own. A soldier, everyone loves it man. A soldier had that one the Lions are doing it a lot. Lions are doing it.
Speaker 2: We're speaking of Thanksgiving, you know, teams Lions in there, you know, don't don't not expect a trick play to alignment this Thanksgiving from the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 1: I mean, or a fake punt. You're gonna, You're gonna. There's gonna be something like that. We we talked about on this show a few weeks back. Tight End University Day or Happy tight End Day, what's called National tight End Day, National tight End There's got to be a national big Guy touchdown Day or a big Guy catch Day. It just needs to be national bing Like.
Speaker 2: It's a rule in the NFL book that you have to at least run one tackle eligible, play.
Speaker 1: One tackle eligible. The guy has to be over two and seventy five pounds and eighty five pounds has to touch a football on one specific day, National Big Fat Guy Day. I like that. That's what I think. We like that. Who's gonna stay? I think we need Big V. Yeah, Big V, come on, let's go. You remember in the butt foomball game. I remember watching it the next day in meetings. Bill rewinded it like four or five times, barely said anything, and then like got up and talked and he said, the Jets got exactly what they deserved, like did something like one of those you know, do you remember that. I actually was hurt that year duel.
Speaker 2: So I was at home just watching it from my couch, just enjoying my Thanksgiving, and I just remember that play happening. I was shocked because we were already dominating that, dominating.
Speaker 1: Dominating them.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even a close game at all. And just when that happened, I was giggling to myself, like what a play. I never seen anything like that. And I was screaming too, because Gregory just scooped it like it just didn't happen, a butt fumble and directly in his hands. No, directly on the ground and directly in the Gregory's hand. It went to the end zone of the Patriots as well. We got six points out of it. It's like it that doesn't happen usually, usually, like a play like that, you know, usually someone just gets on it and it's a fumble recovery.
Speaker 1: It went to the house. We scored on it. How do you think sanchiz or Sanchito feels about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, Sanchiz is a good dude, was a goofy dude, so I think he kind of likes it.
Speaker 1: I think he does owns it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he does own it for sure. He'll giggle about it for sure. It's kind of like the Miami miracle. I own that play. Yeah, he's kind of like the butt fumble with Sanchez. I mean it's okay, I mean, it happens.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the two thousand and four or two thousand and two frosh Off Championship between the Bee Division Ocean Division. You know, I gave this interception away and they won it on it. It's kind of like you own it now, fucking him a I'll never own it.
Speaker 2: It's bullshit. It's okay, Jules. One day you'll own it. You'll get over it. It's okay, man, we're here for it. Just be thankful for other things and then.
Speaker 1: You'll get over that. You know what. I'm also thankful for. What are you thankful for?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: We were a part of probably two of the craziest play calls in the history of football. One the butt fumble. Yes, what's more embarrassing the butt fumble? Or do you remember when the Colts had that stupid punt formation that they tried.
Speaker 2: It sad it was fourth and two and they were trying to get us on a trick more than four. It was a weird formation they had, like everyone spread out wide and then the center was down in distance and then there was a running back behind the center or something, and then they hiked it and everyone was in like in shock, like what that.
Speaker 1: Going? And that's the only reason I bring this up is because the same shock factor that we had that like, did that but just make that fumble and then we scored a touchdown. That same shock factor is the same shock factor we had when they did this punt formation thing.
Speaker 2: Did he really hiked the ball?
Speaker 1: I'm not a math guy, but three on one, I'm looking at the Colt sideline right here after the play. Are you fucking serious? What is this? Like? This is a National Football League and they're only down by six in the third quarter. I don't know. That's the cults for you. That was that was worse so than the buff fumble. Yeah, because both that's made through force in gravity exactly. The butt fumble was made by Vince in that fucking three hundred and twenty five pound frame twenty five pound frame, taking his matchup and driving him into the fucking I'm flabberg acid. I didn't realize we were going to get into that play. I think they rose the banner that year. That's why I never lost. Was that the banner year they rose? They never lost to the Colt. Did we ever lose to the Colts? I did in two thousand and nine four two, Yeah, so it doesn't count. How about the big boy on Body Issues? I mean he's he's not like it looks like muscle. It is muscle.
Speaker 2: That's why I love the ESPN the Body Issue because they featured everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were just showing how were you on it?
Speaker 2: The statue? Yes, how the statue of the body representing all different types of athletes, from a guy that played tackle to a wide receiver to myself right there? Young, You want to know, the running joke was about me, I'm being on the Body Issue cover?
Speaker 1: What was that? The circle? It was really small that they needed to use. What circle? The cover? Me out? Yeah? You know what, I didn't they tell you it was going to be a small set, like there's not gonna be a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: There really wasn't There's probably like five, five or six. How many people were on your I feel like there was thirty in mine.
Speaker 1: Really thirty.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see you, Jules. You're a good looking guy. I had a wonderful body.
Speaker 1: Now, how did the How did the football stay on? It's a good question.
Speaker 2: I was kind of adjusting it before every shot, and then I kind of adjusted it so I kind of found that niche did.
Speaker 1: You take to keep that thing staked up so you could just post it on there?
Speaker 2: No? No, it was actually one of the worst performance looking days of my life. It was kind of chilly in there. I felt like I felt like a frozen raisin. Yeah, and I was just giggling at myself every time I look back at the pictures.
Speaker 1: It was bad. Yeah, it was bad. It was bad. I was embarrassed just looking at it myself. It was crazy because like you would see like a picture after you know, you'd go with the photographer and your your wiener would be out and you'd see the picture and then all of a sudden they'd be like, oh, don't worry, we could just cut that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're sitting there worrying because you're like you're gonna go tell everyone you know, and then that person that's reviewing.
Speaker 1: I requested three degrees in the shoot set. It was sixty ten minutes. What kind of dude is Vince will fork stud A freak, a dog, a dude's dude, or a whiz. I mean, he's a waste.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of intellectual and knowledge of the game of football. I mean, he was a smart player. That's why he knew that big play that he made when we were talking about it versus the Buffalo Bills, and he absolutely dominated the receiver on that screen across the middle because he saw that play coming. He sniffed it out like he was a wizard out there. That's how he made majority of his play same with his interceptions. He knew the screen was coming.
Speaker 1: He backed off.
Speaker 2: He knew that when he got dropped, he wasn't going to just go to the quarterback and get a free sack. He knew there must be a different type of play coming. Oh, it's going to be a screen or it's a gimmick or something. I mean, he was smart, bro, He was very smart on that football field, I'm telling you. I mean, yeah, he was a freak for his size, I mean three sixty, just the way that he could move, his athletic ability kind of a dude's dude as well, with his barbecues. Man, inviting the guys over and having that barbecue sauce for everyone.
Speaker 1: He's also a fucking dog. Yeah, he was a dog. He was grimy in there. Oh yeah, when you're the guy taking the dumble team the whole time, and you know you have to go getting six hundred pounds every fucking play because he's taking double teams every play, six hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: And he would take those double teams and kind of just eat those double teams up, he really would, and just let that linebacker just free to go in and make the place.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a fucking stud atletics. He is, man, I mean he could shoot a basketball. I mean he's insane thrower of the football. You watch his golf swing, You're like, holy fuck, I think he's scratched golf. This is a true tough one. Man.
Speaker 2: This is really tough to really categorize and pinpoint Vince Wolfork to just one category.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna be tough on three. What do you expect one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man? Hold on, let me keep thinking about this. Man. Oh alright, alright, one two three, freuiz ah man oh man, I know, man, he is a freaked.
Speaker 2: Though, but he's he's so smart. Man, I'm telling you he's a smart football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that goes into his freakiness where you think a guy that looks like him is smart. He's great.
Speaker 2: He's great in commercials too, like you see him in that stove commercials.
Speaker 1: Now, like grilling and all that he's on TV.
Speaker 2: But you also just sit there like smart large gotta be smart large guy right now. That, like we said, we're categorizing freaks. As you're just looking at someone You're like, how can they possibly do that?
Speaker 1: And that size also also like f can we say, yeah, he's he's a wizard though. Can you agree with that? I'm I mean, I always, I mean Bill talking about how smart he is a football player instinctive.
Speaker 2: So I do agree he is a freak of nature. I mean obviously to be that size, to move, you know, to move that well on the football field, take on double teams and just squash him. Just the way he tackled guys too. They would go right down. There was no mistackles by Vince Wallfork when he got your hands on.
Speaker 1: You, no, so he drape you down and he's swallow you. All right, we'll try again. Let's do it again. One, two, three, freak stamp it. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling pretty good off one beer? Are you actually like seventh eighth of a beer?
Speaker 1: Math? Not one beer yet? Math guy? What is our next guy?
Speaker 2: Isn't this the guy?
Speaker 1: The next guy isn't the guy that we play with? Who do we got? Oh? We got number seventy six by Michael By You freak we got? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't want him to see me, like, don't show that, like I just do a picture. I don't want to come after me. He's a freak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a freak. But all right, all right, back to Sebastian. I'm gonna have I'm gonna hire Sebastian to be my body guy.
Speaker 2: A second round pick and I think two ten, two thousand and nine, maybe some Bastian vomber Sebastian v aka Sea bass Sea bass kick his assert the clock?
Speaker 1: What does a I have to say about him?
Speaker 2: Bump bump bum Ai. Let's see if AI knows anything done shumming people. Sebustan was a prolific offensive tackle for the New England Patriots, known for his six eight frame and three hundred and twenty pounds of strength.
Speaker 1: Strength, you know, strong if veritall, veritall. It made me feel like a dwarf, like a little boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I was a little boy out there actually. Over his career, he started eighty of his eighty eight games that he played, helping the Patriots win two Super Bowls, super Bowl forty nine and Super Bowl fifty one.
Speaker 1: Born in Dosseldorf, Germany, Dolf dosl doof.
Speaker 2: Vohmer didn't start playing football until he was fourteen fourteen fourteen four yeah one four nine. After retiring in twenty sixteen, he became a booming NFL broadcaster in Germany, often acting as a Patriots ambassador off the field. He's known for his down to earth personality and delicatetion to promoting football in his home country and some fun facts real quick. Volmer was one a barbecue cookoff in his neighborhood. What a fun fact that is?
Speaker 1: Won a barbecue cookoff in his neighborhood. Ai man, Hey, I where did you pull that from?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My he's an avid beekeeper.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a beekeeper. He ate all his honey, He ate all his honey.
Speaker 2: So he's six eight, that is why six a and freaking tosses up weight like it's nothing, nothing, nothing, That's where I was going. And he once accidentally locked himself out of his own house while wearing only his underwear.
Speaker 1: That's on Ai, What the heck?
Speaker 2: I think I love Sebastian even more. That's a Sebastian type move though. That's a sea bass move right there. Oh my god, Seabach, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He was so large.
Speaker 2: But he was so large and so strong he could have probably just lifted up his own house like you know Patrick on SpongeBob, how he just lifts up the rock in his house and goes And he should have just lift up his house like threw it up in the air real quick and then went under it, and then he would have been fine.
Speaker 5: He lit.
Speaker 1: We all used to live next to each other h in that street, Yeah, we did. He could definitely probably lift that house up. What was the name of that street again, was it Chay Lane? I was Shae Lane.
Speaker 2: I was at a bashroom with Shae Lane and then you were pacing, but you were like half half a mile if that away from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bike right away. Yeah, bike ride freaking Sea Bass. We were drafting the same draft he was. He was such a big dude and he was he was always really smart, Like he always had really great questions to like Scarnako or Josh. I just remember him always being able to like, hey, coach, but what if this happens on this and we're in this? You know, like he had a really outgoing thought process of the game for someone who never grew up around the game m hm or like really or really knew the game. Yeah, he like, how do he's he was playing at fourteen. Yeah, you could start playing at fourteen, which is different than kids that start playing in fourteen here, but it was so natural here.
Speaker 2: Also, when he was playing at fourteen, it wasn't like real football. He was playing what league was that? The club it was, Yeah, it was like some type of club football. Wasn't the same rules, it wasn't the same schemes, none of that. I mean, there was some similarities of the league that he was playing in when he started playing football, but it was nothing like American football.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So where he go to university, It was to Houston where he had a pretty solid career there. And then the way he got to the Patriots, I'm pretty sure, like the newing of Patriots, they were looking for an offensive tackle at the time, you know, to start for them or just about and uh yeah, And I'm pretty sure he played in the East West Game after being you know, in college at the University of Houston, and that's when he really got scouted by the Patriots. And I'm pretty sure the Patriots and Dante Scarnaccio one of the best offensive line coaches in the history history of the game, no doubt about that. I mean, he's the reason to a lot of our success in New England. And what's wild is like he's tiny, Like you know, offensive line coaches are usually offensive lineman beforehand, like Dante Scarnakia demanded a room. He was older, like seventy five seventies what five ten, one hundred and eighty pounds, and he just lined up his offensive lineman like a drill sergeant and just control.
Speaker 1: Them like unbelievable. I remember the first day of rookie camp, Scar yelling at Sea Bass saying something like, you guys, you fat pieces shit better start running.
Speaker 4: Well, you guys are out here bouncing around this league for five six years. I'm gonna you have to work at Walmart because I'm like, get fired for not getting you to be able to play.
Speaker 1: It's like the first day of Rookiotis. I'm like, oh my god, I don't know if he was going to Sea Bastard. I was like, that was my welcome to the NFL moment, Like holy shit.
Speaker 2: And then they scouted Sebastian. They had a workout with him. I mean I saw I think he did. He did his pro day and he put him through a workout and he said that, you know, Sebastian was smart. He did everything that he was told. He picked up on everything. He picked up on the schemes right of way. It's just showing how smart he was. And and then he also talked about how Sebastian learned the English language.
Speaker 1: How was that? And that was just watching American flicks, American TV, American TV.
Speaker 2: Man, I watched German TV, and my eyes are going to space faster than Michael Strahan went to space. This guy learned How's English?
Speaker 1: How did you learn English? Oh, just learned it just growing up, just did. I was around it a lot as a kid, being around my mom, my dad, my brother's friend. And who is your first word? Mama? Mama? But it was baba mama. I wonder what Sebastian's first word was, because it's not mama, that's English. Yeah, what do you think it was? It's probably like uh oma, ohma omah's grandma and like German.
Speaker 2: Oh. You want to know what Bill Belichick once said too about Sebastian Vollmer. What do you say is that when Sebastian would utter things underneath.
Speaker 1: His breath in German or something, yeah, in German.
Speaker 2: Yes, he knew that it was never good.
Speaker 1: He knew it was never good. That's a that's a great observation, Coach Belichick's. That's called scouting right there.
Speaker 2: Sebastian was athletic, great. Hey, I'm scouting Sebastian right now. Okay, I know you're getting excited. He's athletic, great size, he was light on his feet, He has thirty six to thirty eight inch arms, depending on the workout that he did that day. He's thick every where, dude. I'm telling you, he's thick, his CAFs, his squads, forearms, bice triiceps, abs. See like he's thick. It's like he almost had a six pack, but he didn't because he was so big. But he dick like thick boy man.
Speaker 1: But he wasn't like fat, No, he wasn't always Well now he's like a bodybuilder. He's shredded. He looks so good right now. It looks like a tight end. He looks like he Van dam was like six foot eight. He's that ripped right now. He's got good feet. He always had good feet. He was always on balance.
Speaker 2: I was working out with him, O'Brian's yeah, yeah, aps, yes, aps my going into my second year in the league during the lockout, at the NFL lockout, we would always be working out there. I just remember him working out and like I was just amazed how strong he was. He took one hundred and forty pound dumbbell, just went right on the bench, grab the other one just like this, that easy, and just started tossing it up for a set of ten, one hundred and forty pound dumbells for a set of ten, like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: The Gumans have particular beard that makes them very strong.
Speaker 2: Well, then let me keep drinking jewels because I want to be very strong like Sebastian.
Speaker 1: And if he was drinking beer to make him strong, I need another beer. Fill me up, please, I already had one. I want one more. I got you, well, you filled me up.
Speaker 2: How about the time when Coach Belichick put him out there and he's told Sebastian Vollmer, hey, if you catch his punt.
Speaker 1: He was dune for today, everyone's off practice. Hey, that's all meetings. What happened? What happened?
Speaker 2: What did Sebastian do?
Speaker 1: He caught a punt? He gave us training camp. That was early in our career.
Speaker 2: It was that was my I think my rookie year or my second year in the league. I think it was my second year. But that was great. See Bass, Thank you for coming through. I'll remember it, you know, for the rest of my life that you got me off meetings that night. Thank you, amen, because those meetings are way too long.
Speaker 1: His first start in two thousand and nine was the was that Tennessee Titans game where it snowed in like October fifteenth or something like that. He was replacing Matt Light who was starting. I think he got banged up. We didn't give up a sack like it was his first game in pressure was on young football player from Germany and helps give up zero sacks and we blew out the Tennessee Titans that like nothing. It was fifty nine nothing.
Speaker 2: You I know why you guys, you know won that game fifty nine nothing and why Tom threw like eight touchdown passes in the first quarter because he was very comfortable as Sebastian Volmer was his left tackle.
Speaker 1: He was comfortable. He was just like we were all comfortable. When Coach Belichick said, hey, Sebastian Volmer, if you catch this punt right here on this windy day at training camp, when we've been running you guys for fifteen straight days into the ground, not a day off, full pads twice a day. If you catch his punt, I'm gonna give you guys meetings off tonight, but we will have practice tomorrow. But you guys will have meetings off tonight. And what do you do. He caught the punt, We didn't have meetings. He caught the punt so I could go home and do this quick.
Speaker 2: We got to give him a little bit more credit in his broadcasting career because he has made a name for himself in the country of Germany because he's bringing the game and a lot of awareness of American football and bringing it over and he's doing a great job to translate it. I see a lot of things he translates English to uh Germany to help people in that country understand the game. So he's doing a great job expanding and have an unbelievable role like that.
Speaker 1: Without doubt, he's making the game bigger. He probably loves his home country. He does, and he loves football, and it's great for him to be able to share the game that he's loved with the people that where he's from. That's like some beautiful stuff.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, like like Europe. It is beautiful like Poland. Actually, Poland's beautiful, and that's why, you know, Sebastian is so beautiful as well, because Poland's right near Germany.
Speaker 1: It might connect, but I don't think it does.
Speaker 5: I think they touch the touch. That's why we just just sympathize for each other. And we have so much connection because I'm a Pollock, he's German, and we just we just have that you know, tightness. We feel each other. We understand each other, and he's just a good guy. I'm a good guy, and I'm just gonna keep drinking and just keep getting emotional because I'm blacked out.
Speaker 1: It's a beer and a half jewels time. All right, all right? What is he? You are already? You're ady? I just broke out of ours. You're in it. I was in it. What kind of dude is Sebastian Bohmer?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: I mean, he is pretty studley if you think about it. A guy that came from he's probably one of the badass dudes from his country, never played our country's most famous sport, most popular sport, and comes in and becomes a fucking damn good football player. All right, on on three, you say what you think he is. I'll say what I think he is, all right, one? Two, three? Whiz, yeah, baby, give me some, give me some. Obviously, probably we know him, we played with them, so we're gonna be on the same page of what he is. I mean, he's definitely a whiz if you think about it, to be able to come out out of high school from Germany, to go to a university in America and play American football, learn the language, through TV be as smart as he was on the field. You never saw emmy from Sebastian Bohmer Like he's for sure a whiz clutch catching the punt for us to get us the night off of meetings, like he was the guy. He's a whiz for sure. You said it all, Jules, he said it all. Here's a whiz guy.
Speaker 2: Smiders can be picked up the scheme stop one of the hardest blocking schemes and all football.
Speaker 1: Just like that. I think he picked up English better than you and I speak it. No, he sure has, and if you ask him he would agree that. He definitely would. I love him too, But they cuckoo, cuckoo. That's what he was say. Is everybody casey, I love them, I love them. Oh we love you. Bathroom. All right, let's get into our our last Halloween edition of New Tonguans guy that we are going to talk about. You know what, I'm looking at this and it's pretty gnarly m that everyone of the scariest guys that we're going over is from the AFC. Fucking North, another Kent State golden flash. Another man that scares the living ship out of you. He sure does. His name is Debo, but his birth name is James Harrison.
Speaker 2: James Henry Harrison Junior Hank.
Speaker 1: I will not call him that to his face. He'll I've seen him doing that volleyball ship. What is up? What's you a A? I asked to say, alright, AI for James Hank, I was probably too scared the second Holy smokes, Oh that's blank A. I was scared. AI is fucking scared. I'm scared. Did not want to get it wrong. Start the claw.
Speaker 2: Now now, James Harrison. James Harrison was a tenicious and a hard hitting linebacker. Tenacious, thank you, Joe, got you.
Speaker 1: I'm Harry.
Speaker 2: You know I didn't read any bucks growing up, okay, you know? And a hard hitting linebacker now for his relentless work ethic and physical style of play. Off the field, he was dedicated and resilient, overcoming numerous setbacks to achieve success. Harrison had a significant impact on the Pittsburgh Steeers on the Pittsburgh Steelers, helping them win two Super Bowls and earning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in two thousand and eight Jesus. Notably, He's set a then Steelers single season record with sixteen sacks in two thousand and eight and is the only undrafted player to win Defensive Player of the Year award. He was also a five time Pro Bowler and twice named the Steelers MVP.
Speaker 1: He should have been a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Santonio home tapping catch and the game. They should give out like two MVP's award, a defensive MVP if deserved, and then an MVP award as well, or an MVP award. And if it was a defensive guy, then if someone played on the offensive side, you know, on the offense side of the ball, very well, they should also.
Speaker 1: Have the offensive MVP. You know what I mean? You know what I'm saying by that. Yeah, they can get they can get a better sponsorship group out of the NFL too. If they did that, you could have you know, Chevy for you know, the offense and forward for the defense. Ah, we're not business guys. Debo. Hey, Lyd, you're smarter than I thought. Carry Your hands are freezing. James Harrison absolute scary motherfucker. Like he's look at him. You look at his pictures. It's like one degree outside. He's got his shirt off and his baggy ass sweats doing a pregame warm up, looking like he wants to just I fucking kill every single person on the other side of the team. Like we played against him and he's got a notion and it's so fucking crazy that he didn't get drafted because he's about six feet tall, but he's also six feet wide. This guy is a fucking fridge his I've never his arms are literally like thirty inches big. I remember he came and played with us in seventeen. It literally when he would walk in the locker room, it felt like the scene in Friday when Deebo would roll. Everyone would put their chains away, and he was like a nice guy, but he just had that scary great guy, scary aorr about him. We're like, no, hey, oh shit, what's up. No one wanted to joke with him because he didn't know if he was gonna take it or if he could be joked with. But he was honestly a great teammate for that one year, and he's made so many incredible fucking plays in his career, Like it's insane. Have you seen him do the shot put? Nah? I never seen. He's I guess he's a huge fucking shotputter, Like he's a fuck. I love him. I absolutely loved him. I remember when he played that game in two thousand and eight. I was at Kent State the super Bowl where he had that big hundred yard run in the super Bowl, and I was just so excited to see a guy like him, you know, dominating the NFL from where I came from. I mean, it was It's crazy. Was Primes James Harrison faster than you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Was he?
Speaker 1: Yes? I'm not going to say he wasn't.
Speaker 2: To think about that. And I was like, wait, if I am faster than him, I should not say I was faster. It's like that's like me saying I'm stronger than him as well, which obviously I am not stronger than James Harrison.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone is.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to talk a little football, you know, a little technician on the football field here. I mean in the blocking aspect of the game and who you're going versus, what type of guy you're going verse, what type of player you're going verse, who you're going verse, Because in the NFL, you scout the player you're going verse, you scot him. You see what type of player they are. You see how they react to you know, the type of blocks that they're receiving and all that good stuff. In what size he is, what height the defender is that you're going verse, You get in his chest, you throw your shoulder, so many different techniques depending on who you're going verse. And I love blocking a guy that's like six ' five my height who stands up, because then I can get in his chest driving backwards. And a guy that doesn't have that mean look, that mean attitude, and a guy that's not going to get pissed off because I came flying off the ball and absolutely drilled him and drove him back five yards and embarrass him. That was the last thing I was trying to do with James Harrison.
Speaker 1: Well, we're trying to do James.
Speaker 2: First off, with James, I knew I couldn't get into his chest. The guy is like a bowling ball, Like you know that twenty eight pound bowling ball that everyone wants to throw down the freaking lane and just trying to knock down all the pins and like you kind of like do a granny.
Speaker 1: Style and so heavy you blow out your back.
Speaker 2: Well, those are the hardest guys to block in the NFL, especially at my size six foot six, you know, it's hard for me to get low. It's hard for me to move that type of guy because they have so much leverage built in pad level. Yes, exactly, that's what he has. And with a guy like that and how scary and intimidating he was, and I see it on film, you do not want to piss James Harrison on why what did you see on Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you see on film? What do you mean? What do you see on film?
Speaker 2: I seen him take defenders, offensive lineman, toss him. I seen him absolutely level defenders and put him out of the game with a concussion.
Speaker 1: Dude, he knocked out Josh Cribas, one of his teammates from college, but literally knock his ass out.
Speaker 2: So therefore, when I'm blocking him, it's a guy that you just kind of want to get in his way. I'm not going to come off the ball and crush his skull. I'm not trying to do that because if I piss him off, you know, if I hit him hired and I trigger him, man, I'm gonna tell you he's gonna pick me up and throw me the next place. So I never wanted to trigger him. I always just try to get in his way, you know, with my shoulder, with my hands. So then when the running back came around and you try to make a play, you know, just get in his way again, you know, so he.
Speaker 1: Could you feel his strength.
Speaker 2: I could feel his strength, because then if I started going strength for strength, that's when I lose, no doubt about it, that's when I lose the block versus a guy like that and leverage. So every time I just try to just kind of play paddy kick, you know, try to let him absorb me. So if I did fly off the ball, he would fly off the ball too, and then I would go backwards and he would have that separation pass. So I just try to stick on him like a like a sponge, you know. Uh, And just always didn't let him out of my rear view mirror, just always staying in front of him, never trying to piss them off, never trying to give him a cheap shot. That was the way I blocked James Harrison, And it was a whole different style when you go versus a player like him.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. See we're here talking about like Rob's Rob used to block the biggest battest to on the defensive line. That's fucking nuts. You know, it's rarely seen, you know, a matchup with the tight end and the nine technique fucking d end or what you know, the outside linebacker that's playing down like that doesn't that's usually at the point of attack a lot of times, is it. Do you watch that film?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you always want to get the tackle on those guys. But when you have a tight end in that situation that's willing to do it, willing to get there to the that's what expands your offense. That expands the run game, that's what expands the play action game as well. And I kind of use that to my advantage and that's actually what helped me get open plenty of time on the play actions when the linebacker step up because they thought, you know, I'm coming out the block. But James Harrison was a terrifying pocket pressure player. He got so low his shoulder like, yeah, he would have that shoulder dip and he would just get right off of the tackle, even though the offensive tackles twice his size, kind of like it looks like twice his hype.
Speaker 1: But he would get right underneath him. And he was so strong.
Speaker 2: He would just rip through right through his arm and then get to the quarterback. And he was quick enough to take kind of an outside angle. Run the hump, Yeah, run the hump, and then bolt right to the court.
Speaker 1: Also would have a great change up where he would just use his strength. He get right up in that chest of that guy who's about eight inches taller than them, and push his ass right back into the pocket and blow up the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And that's the exact leverage I was talking about. And that's why I didn't go toe to toe with him right off the line, because he would get that leverage and he push me back. So I would just try to stay on him and not let him get that force to you know, to be able to push me back. So just being a smart player.
Speaker 1: Have you seen his workout videos.
Speaker 2: His workout videos are freaking ridiculous. He has like eight forty fives on each side when he's freaking benching like five hundred, like fifty five und you see it does It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: His conditioning, he gets like a thirty pound or a forty pound medicine ball and he plays volleyball with it where you have to catch it in the house, saying that that that's hard. People don't realize that's hard. That's heavyweight. And he does it for a long round. Like it's so fun to watch his workouts because he does like some world's strongest man shit all the time, or like you have like a boulder he's pushing, or he's fucking pulling a goddamn car or throwing fucking rocks that are like nine hundred pounds. Like he's just a he's a cool dude man. And the one thing about it, the one thing would you agree, does his voice not match his body? I think it does match his boy it does. I don't think it's like a low scary voice. It's not as low as you expect. Yeah, so I don't think it like you would think with that guy. He's like, are you doing you? Yeah, you're expecting that low. It's kind of it's not high though, No, it's not high. It's kind of a James. I'm not saying you have a high but which is kind of good because imagine if it was that low, it would be like even scarier. Yeah, Like I remember, remember he remember he gave it. I got one of his shirts. Remember, he had the Deebo shirt in the locker room. I still have the Deebo's shirt somewhere here. He's he's like he can lift like whatever, six hundred pounds. Ben squat that lift.
Speaker 2: But what I love about him is that he always posts his regime of you know, recovering, of how he recovers off of those lists how he was recovering in the NFL, and he would put like three hundred and fifty acupuncture needles and every day, like every other day, and he posts about it like you gotta be a freak. You gotta be intense in order to get three hundred and fifty needles poked inside of your muscle tissue and just take it like an absolute champ. Like that just shows he that just shows like he's dedicated, like he's doing whatever it takes to be at that level that he needs to be at.
Speaker 1: Who is the mount Rushmore? Of the strongest guys we played with, you think.
Speaker 2: I would say Sebastian Volmer left tackle was Vince Wilfork. He was super strong, strong, He didn't really have to even like work out that much. He would just walk in the weight room and toss up like five hundred pounds in the bench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marcus Cannon was a strong guy. Saw the squatting world. I never I remember. Canon would be squatting and there'd be fifteen fucking forty five and the thing would be bouncing. I swear I think he had like twelve forty five's on each side, remember that, And now the bar would be it'd be bouncing like it was a fucking cute tip with fucking rocks on. It's like it was.
Speaker 2: That was good inmitation right there.
Speaker 1: And then Brandon Bolden for pound for pound. Bolden didn't even work out. He was like, but he pound for pound when we do all those Like my gosh.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying like that was a bad thing, that work out. He didn't need to work out. And I'm like, dude, how are you so strong? And rip He's like, yo, I carry my kids around and I'm like, I'm like, dang, I gotta start having kids. I gotta start having kids. And I still haven't started. And this is eight years later. What I would still be playing if I attend kids.
Speaker 1: He would always do those. Remember we'd always have to do those explosion recordings for some certain things like the Kaisers, and he would always be the absolute He blow people out by a thousand points because he was just so explosive strong. I'd say that's probably our Mount Rushmore. Yes, his last Kent State game, you know, he sacked five times Miami of Ohio. Oh big Ben his fucking teammate, and no one's off limits, No one is off limits. We saw what he did to Josh Cribs when he was in a Browns uniform. We saw what he did to Ben Roethlisberger when he was in a Miami with Ohio uniform. Like he is fucking Freddy Krueger bro This is how I mean, this is the perfect guy to have on the goddamn Halloween episode.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, we're talking about his you know, defensive skill set and all that, but what about every time he had an interception he always almost like brought that ball back to the house. Obviously with one of the biggest Super Bowl plays in history of the one hundred yard return versus Arizona Cardinals. And if they scored right on that drive, they were saying the game was going to be over going into half because the Cardinos had that big of a.
Speaker 1: New manager and that much momentum going in.
Speaker 2: But he saved the Steelers that game with that interception to the house. It looked like he was about to be tackled eight different times, and he just kept going and kept going and kept going. He's kind of like a fullback mixed with a running back when he's running the ball. Think Mike Golsta, Yes, exactly like him.
Speaker 1: He's Mike allstart of the for the side of the ball. Did you hear that he's Is he gonna be fighting o Jo Cinco?
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah, o Jo Cinkoo First, James Harrison, what are you thinking, o Jo Cinko?
Speaker 1: What the Ojo are you thinking? I'll tell you right now. O Jo Cinko has got some ball.
Speaker 2: He does have a ball.
Speaker 1: He raced a horse. He's fought a couple of times. I mean he's lost all the fights, so has he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lost the fight he bought one time.
Speaker 1: To be said about a man that loses a fight and keeps coming back. He keeps coming back. Oh, Joe Senko, don't back down. He does it now, he doesn't. What is he thinking? What is he thinking? I don't is it it's UFC right, it's in May style? Yeah, I mean the only way you would have to fight James Harrison is you can box him. If he couldn't bring you down.
Speaker 2: O Jo Cinko is six to one, one hundred and ninety pounds about I would say.
Speaker 1: He's got it.
Speaker 2: He's probably like, yeah, he lost a Brian Maxwell in a boxing match.
Speaker 1: He yeah, it wasn't. I'm not saying they probably beat the ship out of me, but I'm not fucking James Harrison. James Harrison is a scary man.
Speaker 2: Should we go, we should go? I gotta, I gotta what if scenario? Do you think we can beat James Harrison if we tag team versus if.
Speaker 1: You mean if we tag team James Harrison? No, No, like you and I versus James Harrison. Uh, I don't. Honestly, I really don't know. And I can center myself a tough guy, but and I consider you a large tough human as well. We would have to game plan. We'd have to. You have to game plan because you know, the Steelers do what they do. They do do they what they do, They do what they do, they do what they do, they do it very well. But they do what they do what they do, and they don't adjust. They don't adjust you what they do, and they do. We'd have to play James Harrison for that fight time, all right, But what kind of dude is James Harrison? Okay? I have I have two that I think he is. You know, I don't think he's a dude's dude, no one's. I played with him and he was kind of a dude's dude. But I was too scared of him the whole time for him to me think that he was a dude's dude. The freak he's I mean, he's either a freak or dog to me, you know it. And I think it's a crazy thing that if he's a freak, that he was an undrafted freak, that's probably a stat that will never say again. And that's freaky.
Speaker 2: I mean he is a freak for sure. I would not disagree with a freaking.
Speaker 1: He has dog in him.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt he's a relentless dog. He's a dog that's a pit bull. He's just never going to stop. It's the pit bull that's John trained, Yeah, that has the locked daw and just never letting go until that yaw finally gets tired after Like you gotta put him down. I think to put him down, basically, you got to kill him. But he's also freak with that interception and the stride. His stride when he's running, yeah, is ridiculous. I mean, it's freaky to have a stride like that at that size, with that much mass, and to be able to run like that, that's freaky. That's freaky.
Speaker 1: Tangibles, dude, No one. They say he's six foot, the dude's five to eleven. He maybe five to ten. He bout my height and he's two sixty and he runs just as fast as me. Okay, if you want to call that not a freak, you're fucking crazy. Yeah, you are crazy. Then he a freak. Freak.
Speaker 2: He's a freak. James Harrison freak stamp it.
Speaker 1: What does AI have to say?
Speaker 2: This dude was born on January ninth, nineteen seventy eight, and stands at six foot one and weighs one hundred and ninety two pounds. He was drafted as a wide receiver in the second round of the two thousand and one NFL Draft and played wide receiver for the Bengals, Patriots, Dolphins, and.
Speaker 1: The Montreal Alouettes Aluettes.
Speaker 2: He was a four time All Pro and the NFL receiving yards leader in two thousand and six. Originally from Miami, he played college football for Santa Monica College and Oregon State University. Off the field, he's known for flamboyant personality and antics, including a name change, reality TV appearances, and an act of social media.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jules, who do you think we're talking about? Buddy? Let's get on. Chad Ocho Cinco.
Speaker 2: And what's the first thing you think of, Jules when you hear the name chad Ocho Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 1: The first thing I think of. One of the wildest card moments or wildest moves ever. It was we draft or we we traded for Chad and we went into the we were installing the offense, and during installation, chadow' sha our coach, you know, Chaddio. Yes, he goes all right, guys, we got everything. It's all good, you know. Just don't be seen. I'm gonna let you out of meetings early. Don't be seen. We still have a team meeting. Don't be seen. We have a team meeting.
Speaker 2: So clear this up. You got a lot of meetings early, but we have a team meeting.
Speaker 1: Still we still had a meeting after so we had like an hour and a half for a meeting until the next meeting. But Chad had to get some shit done alright, We got everything installed. We had a pretty smart room, and so he let us out early. Well, Chad thought it was smart. And this is Chad's like first couple weeks there, he thought it was be smart to leave the facility and on the way out poke his head into Bill's office and asked if he wanted anything from Starbucks.
Speaker 2: And and so that's wild, that is what what did he think it meant to not be seen, like to not go on it, I don't know, to not post a picture online.
Speaker 1: I think he was just new and he's still trying to be friendly in the whole thing. But like it was a total accident, total accident. And then you know, the next time we had a receiver meeting in the room, Osha was like, fucking guy, he got ripped a new asshole because you know, what are you doing let guys out early? This that it just was a whole thing, just a wild like he didn't he didn't understand. But that's what I thought of, Like, man, Chad's crazy. The whole kiss, the baby thing, the whole every it's real. He just he just goes off of what he feels, off of his instincts. What do you think of when you think of Ocho? Well, first off, the name change. You gotta love it.
Speaker 2: He was one of the most entertaining players you know, in our generation while we were growing up. Yeah, for sure, Cincinnati Bengals, that's for sure. I truly believe he's a Bengal for life. He played for a couple other teams after, but one hundred percent Bengal for life. He kind of put that wide receiver you know position on the map in that era to continue the streak going of you know, of being kind of you know, spontaneous, entertaining, entertaining, a little bit of drama as well, but also so good at the game of football that he can pull it off and you know, not be a problem child at all in some cases I would say possibly, but just overall, he was so good at the game of football. He was so quick that he could pull off all that dancing that he was doing, He can pull off all that trash talk that he was doing. He could pull off all those antics off the field during the offseason that he was doing, you know, playing soccer with the MLS teams, kicking extra points as well during the preseason games. I mean, this guy had talent, and he had so much talent that he could be a wild card dude whenever he wanted because of that type of talent that he had. And you got to appreciate that as well, because it's just cool man to see just someone be himselves.
Speaker 1: That's who he is. You know.
Speaker 2: It's not like he was doing it for a show, which it was a show, but he was truly doing it because that's just how he was born.
Speaker 1: And you got to respect that aspect of his game of who he is. He was like the first guy with a million followers on Twitter in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think Tom absolutely hated that he was on Twitter because he was mister Twitter. He had like three million followers. The second highest person was like two hundred thousand in the NFL. And this is in twenty twelve. He got traded to the New England Patriots, and he's always on Twitter still, and Tom and Coach Ballichick were just always grilling him like, oh, you get off freaking Twitter. Get off Twitter. It doesn't help you in the game of football. But it never really like really I would say. What am I trying to say affected his game is? Twitter was just back then they just acted like it did, you know, But we.
Speaker 1: Just did things differently in New England and he didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't that he didn't comply to it. The funniest the point is where I'm getting to is now Tom is mister Instagram and and so like our mister X.
Speaker 1: So that was the point I was getting to. Well, another thing, it was always known that he loved McDonald's. What's your take on that. I mean, it's kind of freaky that you could just eat McDonald's still do.
Speaker 2: McDonald's for most of his career, and he also said it helped his body, like callous for football, I guess. I mean, there's only one guy that could possibly do this. I mean there's a lot of players that sometimes, you know, not sometimes eat fast food. But I'm talking like Chad did it on a daily basis, breakfast, lunch, dinner. And I saw he went to that corner store right on Root one, right next to you. Let's see him. There's a McDonald's there.
Speaker 1: It's the half's half, it's half in the McDonald half liquor store.
Speaker 2: I think he would go there, and he's always in the drive through. And I saw him one time. He pulled up and he was eating the h the fish filet sandwich.
Speaker 1: I like the fish filet, though. What's your favorite dam McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Uh, the coffee bro They got legit coffee there. I don't really eat McDonald's. If I do, I get the double cheeseburger and I just take the the patties off of the bread and I just eat the smash Hamburger patties with the cheese. I don't like to bread smash them. I mean, I think it's safe to just eat the meat. You know what about the mcgriddle? Oh breakfast, they got legit breakfast sausage pancakes. Oh the pancakes are on fire. So I'm a breakfast guy at Mcdonald'syeah, I'm not going to really eat you know, their lunch or dinner. No big Mac, like if I do get the Big Mac, Like I said, I'm just eating the patties only. But it's just impressive, though, Chad ate that McDonald's every single day, every single day. Body was just some achine. I mean, I guess if you get used to it. Your mind is just gonna know what to do with that type of you know, nutrition. So hats off to Oto.
Speaker 1: Sinks he's crazy. He would like race an him. Didn't he race a horse? He doesn't care. He'll fight anyone. Chad is, So, what do you think you can beat a horse in a race?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No chance? I mean, would you ever race a horse? No chance?
Speaker 2: A horse and I have one thing in common, Jules, and I'm not gonna tell you what it is. I just use your wild imagination. I get to understand. Thank you, I understand, thank you. Well, he raced a horse for a cherry feed the children. You know, he had one hundred meters start and he beat the horse, which you know, props to him. He's silly, always just doing silly things.
Speaker 1: Man, He did silly things. But people like when we were playing he had elite feet, like his footwork was quicker than any one I knew. And we cult him on the tail end of his career, and he still had some really insanely quick feet where he meaning he could get in and out of breaks. For how tall he was at six ' one, he was a real He was a skinnier guy, but usually when you're six to one, it's harder for you to get in and out of breaks. But you watch his comebacks, his releases, like he was always the separation king to the at the top of route, at the beginning of route. He was an elite receiver. Now with all the antics and stuff, we all remember him that because that's probably because he didn't win. But he was a fucking elite receiver that had a lot of production for a long time in this league. He was so quick.
Speaker 2: He had the best releases in the game as well. And like you said, I think he was the quickest play. He had the quickest feet in the game of football. Was like poppup pup up on He would go side to side with it as well. So I'm sure he's a great line dancer as well. He won Dancing with the Stars, did he fourth came and fourth fourth?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There's one thing that's always certain, he said, and that's death taxes and eighty five gonna always be open always. He got to love him for that, and he was always open. Besides, when he got to New England, he was he was struggling a little bit there.
Speaker 1: Why do you think he struggled?
Speaker 2: I just think he struggled because, you know, just a complicity of the playbook a little bit. I feel like he had the freelance to do whatever he wanted to do in Cincinnati, and then when he got to New England, it was more of a structure like this is what you gotta do. This is how you get open. It's not like you're gonna be able to just freelance to play backyard football. I feel like he played backyard football a little bit more with the Cincinnati Bengals. Tom wanted it like that, but possibly he wanted to do it like that, but he couldn't do it like that because Tom wanted it like that. I mean, it just didn't really work out to the tea that you know, we wanted it to obviously what what coach Belichick wanted to do, and as teammates as well. But there's one thing though that we know we got blessed with the presence of Chain for that whole entire year, and that's what is more important is just to be around a great dude and just to see, you know, how he carried himself to just one of the greatest wide receivers of the game.
Speaker 1: Do you have any stories about Chad.
Speaker 2: We went out to dinner actually during training camp, and he was just a great character man.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: He always got the waitress wound up, you know, he got her wound up, cracking.
Speaker 1: Jokes like you know, where'd you guys go?
Speaker 2: We went Toby Keith's Iron Grill right there at Patriot Place, and he would be flirting and then the waitress would be flirting back with us, and like, you're just such an awe because we were such young bucks. And just how he was so spontaneous and so quick with his game, like his the way he would speak and and talk and have game, it was like his feet were.
Speaker 1: Running his mouth like just that quick, you know.
Speaker 2: And then what's so great about it is like he would leave her hanging though, because he would give like an outrageous tip to her and then like didn't leave his number anything, like he would get the you know, he would get the waitress.
Speaker 1: He just gets He's just outgoing. He likes to push people buttons, I think.
Speaker 2: Exactly, give her an outrageous tip and then we would all just leave and the waitress be like, oh what wait, where'd he go?
Speaker 1: Like I didn't get his number or anything. But he would just bounce on Chad was so fun. It was fun. I also could kick. He had a big soccer background, and I think that's probably what helped him with such great feet, quick feet that he had. I mean, I remember Cincinnati, their kicker got hurt. He kicked a field goal. He kicked a couple fields. I think he kicked a thirty yarder. He played in soccer leagues. I think he tried to play in a professional league at one pain.
Speaker 2: He tried out for the Kansas City MLS team during the twenty eleven NFL lockout, and while he was trying to do that, I was doing my wild, wild dude shit, Jules. I was at the University of Arizona during that lockout, and I was at the pool parties, dancing up on the on the stage and everything. At the pool parties, I was freaking pounding beers and everyone was like, Oh, You're gonna be in big trouble by coach Belichick after the lockout.
Speaker 1: But what did I do.
Speaker 2: I showed up and I was just as wild out on that football field and training camp.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: That was That was my favorite offseason was after my rookie year because we didn't have to go in at all at all, and I got to be wild as possible because I had a little bit of money. I was twenty one years old and I was just running around college campuses just being an absolute wild maniac. It was the greatest offseason of my career, no doubt about that. What did you do during the lockout, Jeueles, I just told you what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I actually took a couple of classes at Kent. I was in LA trained out here. Didn't we have like a fucking we had like a couple of team practices at BC during the lockoutmember that when we when Brady called a couple we did.
Speaker 2: We had about three practices at BC. That was really cool. That just shows the leadership of time, just how wild of a leader he was. Tom wasn't a wild card. He was a wild leader and that that just shows you know why he's, you know, one of the actually the greatest player to play.
Speaker 1: Could Chad kick the field goal kick of destiny? For that you do everywhere? Yeah? One hundred percent, so easy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He kicked an extra point in the season game, which that's a lot harder than kicking the kick of destiny. I mean, I don't have a line. No one's snapping it. The balls just set sitting there on a tee for you. And it's easy, just a layup and freaking I missed twice, So Chad out, Josinko, I actually need you for the kick of destiny. I'm actually not doing it this year, but in the future I'll possibly be doing it again. So I want Chad o Jo Sinko as my coach or my replacement for the kick.
Speaker 1: Of Now what how how far is the kick of destiny? Uh? Oh? Twenty five yards? So it's twenty five yards.
Speaker 2: I was kicking it on the fifteen yard line.
Speaker 1: And so how far do you think they would have to handicap Chad's kick? Because he can kick it better, so we'd have to bring I would say he would have to kick a forty yarder. A forty I think he got forty easy though.
Speaker 2: I mean, but no, he does it forty easy. But that's the point I missed the last two years. So we need someone to make it now, okay, And we want him to make it as.
Speaker 1: Well for the fans out there and for fan duel and for just.
Speaker 2: The kick of destiny. But what about his TD celebrations as well. He was one of the best in the game. He wore the gold jacket that said future Hall of Fame two thousand with two question marks as a post touchdown celebration. How about the cheerleader proposal. I actually got to take some tips from you because I'm now dating a cheerleader. I've been chad ol chosenko. So you proposed in the first freaking four seconds you matter, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: So call me up.
Speaker 2: I need some tips, brother. And then he was putting the football like a damn golf ball as well. When he did I never done that, man. My craziest TV celebration was just spiking the ball. Or actually when I was you know the one in London as well, when I did the booty shaking, that was pretty impressive. And the soldier I did, yeah, the soldier of guarding the Buckingham.
Speaker 1: Palace Buckingham Palace, well yes, yeah, now he remember he didn't he uh? He took the camera once and and was filming. This was like the full generation of overly celebrated, crazy, get your popcorn ready celebrations by receivers. Remember like Joe Horn he was taking cell phones out. You got Chad doing everything. Chad's doing t O and his celebrations. I mean just this was like the era where they were getting fired. They were they were getting penalized for it too. They didn't give a they didn't care. But it was still fun. You know, that was the No Fun League at the time. It was.
Speaker 2: I remember that when everyone was translating NFL as to be the No Fun because they kept finding Oo Sinko and all the other guys that were being entertaining, you know, to the to the fans.
Speaker 1: So James Harrison or Ocho Cinco they're fighting here soon super Bowl weekend. Mm A style? Who are you going with?
Speaker 2: It's i'm m a style I'm going with, uh obviously James Harrison.
Speaker 1: The thing is that this is how crazy Chad is. Why the fuck are you fighting James Harrison? Who I think he knocked him out of a game once.
Speaker 2: James Harrison is a freak of nature. He's just gonna get a hold of Ocho Cinco and just break him in half. This thing thing box O Cho Sinkle is gonna have. Yeah, boxing is different story quick. This is I'm May Now, this is I'm a May style like James can put his hands on him and do whatever he wants to do to him.
Speaker 1: James plays volleyball with like eighty pound balls. Remember when he throws it over the thing? Yeah, he does, so you know he can catch motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ocho Sinkle's wild wild. I love it though, keeping wild Ojo time, let's go. What kind of dude is Chad Ocho Sinko? Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Joined, dude is chat och Come on now.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't really say freak. I mean his feet were.
Speaker 1: Freaking freaky freaky feet. Yes, dudes, dude, Yeah, he was man.
Speaker 2: He was all about the guys.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He brought us out to dinner. Yeah, he always invites knows in New England and invited everyone in the round. He was a dude's dude, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Whiz whiz.
Speaker 2: I won't really go that far because, like I said, I think he struggled with the with our playbook a little bittle bit. So did I. I didn't even play my rookie year because I didn't know our playbook. It's very it's a it's a very tough playbook.
Speaker 1: It's very got a dog in him too. I mean, he don't care. He'll he'll freaking challenge anything, anyone to anything, I mean, race to a horse. He'll box you. He doesn't care. But I think he's I think he's a stud.
Speaker 2: I think he's a stud as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like that feet you know he's doing off the field. Now, he's just he's a lovable guy. But he was always he always had. He's a stud. To me, he is a stud.
Speaker 2: I mean just the way you know he presented himself on the field and off the field.
Speaker 1: That's when you know you're Stutley, you know.
Speaker 2: And he was so fast, and he was such a stud that he had a race a horse, because horses studs.
Speaker 1: So that makes chat out cha sinko a stud. A stud keeps the girl waiting at the bar, yes, like like he did, Yes, knows that. You know, he could have probably took the little lady on a date, but just just did it just to I don't know, he's a stud, just to be a stud. On three one two three stud. Well, that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you listen to podcasts comming a dude you want us to do and remember rate and review. Leave a five star review on Spotify while you're there, remember to follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat. We'll see you guys next week. Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts.