Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, let make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Donald Trump has been indicted related to the twenty twenty election of January sixth. This is just coming down. This is breaking news from earlier this evening as I speak to you, and this was expected. But that doesn't mean it is in a shock anyway. Is in a shock to the system, a feeling of the full scale weaponization of the Department of Justice is underway.
Speaker 2: What really is this?
Speaker 1: Before I even get into the charge, is before I get into what they're alleging Donald Trump did here? What kind of a country are we if the president of the United States Joe Biden, which is just absurd even every time I say it out loud. What kind of a country are we if he is able to prosecute his chief political rival. What kind of a country are we if the Republican who is a top contender for the presidency face is possible prison time for in the case of the documents, for example, in the South Florida prosecution federal prosecution of Trump after Hillary Clinton clearly violated classified document protocols. There's no question about that. It's a matter of public record. And they just said it's too important that she not have to face that she's too important to face.
Speaker 2: That that was it.
Speaker 1: No greater justification really than that required or given. And now we also have a very troubling trend here what seems to be the criminalization of legal theories. Now all of I've read the whole indictment as I speak to you. Now, all of the indictment is to hammer home the following that Trump and the people around him were lying about January, were lying about the election rather of twenty twenty, and that led to January sixth, and so because they were lying, their theories of law were therefore irrelevant and even illegal. Well, a lot of lawyers put forward things in court that they may or may not believe to be true.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: A lot of lawyers try to defend people who are accused of murder, and the lawyer believes the guy probably did it. We all know this, right, But he puts forward the most robust defense he can. And that is the system that we have when you're talking about politics and elections.
Speaker 2: If they believed or.
Speaker 1: Thought there was even some chance of fraud. They had every right, and the indictment does say this, they have every right to take it to court and to try to challenge it through that process. But they also had a reading of law that they thought allowed for a different elector.
Speaker 2: Scheme to be put in place.
Speaker 1: Now it didn't work, it didn't happen, and courts very well would have entirely shut this thing down had it gone through. But to lock people up in prison for this, that I think is showing you the darkness that we are heading toward as a country. It's one thing to say that it was wrong, which of course they believe, nothing to say even that it was aggressive as a legal theory, but you are going to be locked up on a variety of charges federal charges here as a result. That is just showing you how full scale.
Speaker 2: The weaponization the dj really is at this point.
Speaker 1: And remember this is the same moment that we're finding out about Hunter Biden, the full extent of I should say, the Biden crime family. Joe Biden was selling influence to China, to Ukrainian oligarchs, a whole bunch of people all over the world, effectively selling out his country. This is now just no they can pretend they can think, Oh, we're so stupid, we can't put it two and two together.
Speaker 2: No, we know what.
Speaker 1: Happened, We know what Hunter Biden was doing. And then Hunter Biden gets to get out of jail free card because he's his daddy is Joe, and Joe's a Democrat president.
Speaker 2: Hunter Biden's a criminal. He's a criminal.
Speaker 1: They can say what they want about, Oh, but addiction and oh sympathy and blah blah. No, No, he's a criminal. But he's not going to pay any price, it seems. I mean, they tried to get him off entirely, but I still think he's not going to pay any price for what he did because we have a two tier justice system. You know, there's a two tier justice system that is in place. But I want to say to you right now, the same people who have criminalized speech or I should say suppressed and wish to criminalize speech that they disapprove of, are now criminalizing legal theories. Where do you think this ends? At what point is it going to be made illegal by dictat of the state for you to want to bring a challenge in court in the first place, You're not allowed to have that position you don't really believe that. You don't really believe that a man can't become a woman. How dare you? You're engaged in not only hate speech, but you're engaged in a conspiracy to defraud trans people of their rights because you won't say that a man is actually a woman, for example, just coming up with an idea there, What makes you think they won't do that? They're totalitarians, you see this right? They are totalitarians. That is the nature of the Democrat Party, is what we are up against now. The only limit to their totalitarian impulse is their power. How powerful are they? What can they get away with? Well, once you start to look at this, once you start to get a better sense I think of what's coming, you understand very quickly that this is only going to get worse. They don't feel chastened by any of this. They feel emboldened the fact that, for the first time ever ever, we have a president in having his DOJ indict his chief political rival, not once, but now twice, on top of other indictments that have already happened. When does it just become clear this is a farce? How can I tell people that they can have any faith in our system whatsoever, given what's going on. And then there's where I think this is going. I'm gonna give you some of the specific charge just here in a second. But this is a really dark moment for the country. This is a really dangerous moment that we are entering here with this election. We'll get into it in a moment. On nine eleven, two thousand and one, some twy nine hundred and seventy seven people lost their lives, and today nine to eleven related illnesses continue to take lives. Yet a whole generation knows little to nothing about our nation's darkest day. The Tunnel to Towers nine to eleven Institute is writing this wrong by educating kids in kindergarten through twelfth grade about nine to eleven. Their nonfiction first person accounts are told through videos and book series. These accounts are moving and unparalleled. Kids won't forget these true stories. The institute offers full curriculum units with scripted social studies, lessons, activities, and background for teachers. They've organized a speaker's bureau for classrooms with access to nine to eleven first responders, survivors, and loved ones. Tunnauta Towers has built out a mobile exhibit as well. It's a tractor trailer with an interactive museum with nine to eleven artifacts. All this so that we will never forget. We must educate future generations. Let's help our nation honor its vow. Donate eleven dollars a month. Please join me in this eleven dollars a month. The tunnel, the towers at T two t dot org. That's T the number two t dot org. So here are the charges.
Speaker 2: Read these out to you now.
Speaker 1: Count one conspiracy to defraud the United States. Count two conspiracy to obstruct an official preceding. Count three obstruction and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding. And count four conspiracy against rights. Conspiracy against rights. Let's take these in reverse order. By objecting to the vote count in these states and coming up with a legal theory, it was the legal theory was incorrect, but it was a legal theory that this could happen, that they could change around electors, or that they could have Mike Penstey certify. But by doing all of these things, they deprived people of their votes, that's what they're saying. Okay, that's an interesting charge because, first of all, how many of you ever even heard of a conspiracy to defraud I'm sorry, conspiracy against rights, the fraud rights against rights, same idea, And there's a vagueness to that, isn't there couldn't I argue that the Democrats did exactly that in twenty sixteen with Russia collusion. They were trying to deprive all of us of the election that we won with Donald Trump's victory then, and they tried very hard to do so. Members of the FBI, members of the media, they acted in concert to deprive us of a free and fair election, and they weaponized the state to that end, and nobody was held accountable. They deny the twenty sixteen election results, nobody's held accountable. Now Here, we are being told that if you objected to the two only twenty election results, or you could say denied, I'll use them for both whatever. If you deny the twenty twenty results, you go to prison, not just people involved in it, but also Donald Trump himself. This is a very frightening moment for the country because we've already seen before a single vote is cast, that Democrats are unduly influencing the outcome of this election. We've already seen that Democrats are taking actions here that will mean that it is effectively impossible to come to the conclusion that twenty twenty four is going to be a free and fair election.
Speaker 2: It's still twenty twenty three, it's August.
Speaker 1: Just durned August today, and yet this is where we are as a country. This is what the Democrats want, apparently. And there's something else though here. There's the possibility and a certain my hope that Donald Trump will be able to fight through all of this and he may be able to win election and pardon himself. And I know that's the dream right now that a lot of people have, or maybe you say the strategy, the hope that a lot of people have. But they've assigned an Obama appointed judge in DC to oversee this case. What do we really think the likelihood is here that they're going to let Trump run before this case is brought to bear. And how much can we trust a DC jury? I know that's almost a silly question, but we will address that question because it's critical in all of this.
Speaker 2: In a moment.
Speaker 1: Look a word from our sponsor here, chalk, take your energy on most days and multiply it by two That's how good and healthy and energy filled you'll feel when you subscribe to Chalk's Male Vitality Stack supplements. This is an all natural set of supplements designed for everyday consumption and then to provide you with stamina, focus, and energy to be your very best. Chalk's been at this for some time, making best in class supplements with a focus on allowing you to live your fullest days. Unlike a lot of supplement companies, they don't try to put them into retail stores, but they build a direct relationship with you as a customer. They want to know about your experience and they want to know what else might help you. Start online today, build this relationship with this amazing supplement company yourself. Go to Chalk dot com. That's Cchoq dot com. Whether it's their Male Vitality Stack product for both men or they have one for men and women, you'll love the way you feel Chalk dot com. That's Choq dot com. Save thirty five percent off any Chalk subscription for life when you use my name Buck at checkout. That's Chalk dot com. Use my name Buck for thirty five percent off. All right now, Donald Trump's not going to get a fair trial in DC.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: So if they're able to schedule this before the election happens, he's going to get a jury that hates him, most likely, because it's almost impossible to find even the Republicans, and there's almost none of them in d C aren't reliably Trump supporters, So how are you going to get.
Speaker 2: Anybody on that jury. It's going to be.
Speaker 1: Easy to have a jury of Democrats and maybe one or two never Trumpers from the right.
Speaker 2: You know that's what's gonna end up happening.
Speaker 1: And I have to say, I sit here, I don't I don't feel anything but remorse at having to say this out loud, or regret that this is where the country is. Remorse isn't really the right word, but regret or remorse for America. They're going to convict him.
Speaker 2: In DC.
Speaker 1: I think you have to assume they're going to convict him.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying, well, it's already over and there's nothing to do here, but right now, on this trajectory what we see, we got to be honest here, We've got to be very clear eyed about what's happening. They are likely to convict Donald Trump in this DC trial, things like conspiracy to deprive rights. If a jury doesn't like them to say, yeah, he was depriving the voters in these states.
Speaker 2: Of their rights, they'll go for it.
Speaker 1: You know, they're going to be told all about January sixth all over again, and it's gonna be a mess, the whole thing, as we know. Look, I think we have to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility that the Democrats are going to get a conviction here on one of these trials, and it's most likely going to be this one. Not because Trump is worthy of conviction or should be convicted based upon guilt, not because this is about the system operating as it should, but rather the quite the opposite. This is the weaponization of the system. If we believe, as we do, the system has been weaponized up to this point, why wouldn't we think they would take it all the way? What makes anybody believe that they'll back off or that there'll be some justice through this?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: It's nothing but injustice, So the way that they see this. Also, think about the chilling effect that this has. You bring a legal theory for an election, or for anything for that matter, that upsets the left and goes after their power. Maybe we throw you in prison. We say it's fraud because you didn't really believe that theory.
Speaker 2: You see. Oh okay, that's where.
Speaker 1: We are, and get back into that in a moment. Look onto something happy, just for a second. They take a little breather from our sponsor, My Pillow. My Pillow is amazing. They love providing great value to their customers. They've been in business for twenty years and they're still on a mission to provide you with the best possible value. My Pillow employees want to thank every one of you by giving you their lowest price in history on their famous my Pillow when you use my promo code on a website Buck. When you go to my pillow dot com, you can get King and Queen size pillows for over fifty percent off. The Queen size just nineteen ninety eight, King Size just ten dollars more. Go to MyPillow dot com, click on the radio listeners square by the new pillows at these prices with promo code Buck, Every my Pillow product comes with a sixty day money back guarantee and a ten year warranty even during a sale like this, So just go to my pillow dot com. Click on the radio listener square and type in promo code buck. You'll get more than fifty percent off the Pillows, the product that started it all. So what can we do about this? I know it's a question I'm going to get asked tomorrow on radio, and that's a question that everyone has in their minds right now. First step is understand where we are. Understand that we are in a battle for this country and it is going to be very tough. There's not a easy pathway forward here, and there's not all that much that any of us can do as individuals other than stick to our principles, support those around us, and support those who out there are fighting for us, and hope and pray that somehow, once again Donald Trump is able to defeat the odds and get around this madness and set it all right. It would almost be like a Shakespearean comedy or you know, Shakespeare and drama for sure, not a tragedy, because Trump's going to win. So that's what we have to hope for that Trump is able to and it would be amazing think about this win and pardon, and he wouldn't have to part himself. The OJ just drop all charges, although he probably want to part himselves. The future Democrat couldn't come in. But you get what I'm saying. The only way through is to win.
Speaker 2: That's the real answer.
Speaker 1: Got to find a way to win, take power away from the lunatic Democrat communists, and pray for this country right now because we need it.