Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And Mickey Spagnola makes a grand entrance just as his name is announced here on Mick Shots on a Wednesday here at the Star in Frisco inside the SWBC podcast studio. Savannah, you like the grand entrance? He like Mickey timed it just perfectly.
Speaker 4: Honestly, he's really good at it. He's gotten it down.
Speaker 5: Bill start without Bill's voice. Bill's voice sounds.
Speaker 3: Different from a Champagne voice.
Speaker 5: There you go, you go.
Speaker 2: He walked down there with the cup.
Speaker 4: Did you break the goggles? Did you wear the goggles?
Speaker 3: I know I brought him with me, but they looked too weird.
Speaker 2: Especially since he had to go out on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah afterwards, right after Yeah, yeah, but it was an exciting night field.
Speaker 6: I saw you. You were out there in the mix.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah. They have a uh this is good planning. When they built that ball. Yes, they built a celebration room along a celebration clubhouse to go along with a home and visitors club.
Speaker 7: We're sitting there watching that, and I go, why is everybody running walking down the right field line, like, oh, I got a special room to go to.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been in their clubhouse you would understand why they're not going to spray champagne around that clubhouse. Jerry wouldn't want to spray campaign around this locker room.
Speaker 2: Right well after, let me take that back.
Speaker 3: Shut you up perfectly for that one. Right Well, here we are on a Wednesday, and it's not a normal Wednesday because we've got Monday Night football this week, an extra day. You think they need an extra day?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this is not you think so I think. I think after getting your ass kicked like that, you want back out, I want back at.
Speaker 3: You want a Thursday game after that?
Speaker 5: I was on a Thursday game.
Speaker 2: So not after the race Thursday game.
Speaker 6: I erase it, Savannah, erase it as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: But not after you lose Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, if I'm not playing the same.
Speaker 7: Team, no, I'm saying you lose Monday because they got to bed probably at five or six.
Speaker 3: You lose the day Monday.
Speaker 5: Once again, there's no money now the fact that is not the fact.
Speaker 2: It is for your body.
Speaker 3: That's one of the great things about baseball. They play a game again tomorrow and typically you know, so if you get blown out fifteen to one in a game, then you're coming back out tomorrow and you might win.
Speaker 2: So you need to remember that there's twelve games left. That's right, get that game. You gotta flush it.
Speaker 8: Well, I just think they need more time because the Chargers are coming off a bye, so they just need a little bit more time to reset and prepare.
Speaker 3: They need more time because they got to figure out who's going to be on this roster at linebacker, which leads us to stap the news of the day. They're looking at linebackers.
Speaker 7: Well, obviously you need bodies, right Who did you see that they looked at?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The one I'm intrigued by is Rashaun Evans, former first round draft pick out of Alabama.
Speaker 2: And what's he doing?
Speaker 3: What's he a? Well, he's unemployed right now. It might be employed by the end of the day. So even if he looks good.
Speaker 7: If even if he's employed, oh what's he doing on the field? And no I'm saying it'll take him two weeks before he's ready to play.
Speaker 3: I'll have to look up exactly what if he's been with a team or.
Speaker 2: Like, did he go to training camp and get cut? I got to look it up because baseball, that would be halfway through.
Speaker 7: Vander Esher's stay at on the practice I mean on i R.
Speaker 3: So is his shortest stay on IR. There's no guarantee he's coming back.
Speaker 7: I mean sure for yeah, four games. So he misses this one game following the buy and then probably two more.
Speaker 8: He was most recently with the Eagles on their practice squad in September.
Speaker 4: And was released. There you go four days after signing.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Does that have a date when he was released?
Speaker 5: I was trying to tune you guys out, but that kind of caught year too.
Speaker 3: Uh. And by the way, the Morning News is reporting that the Cowboys are expected to sign Rashawn Evans following today's workout. A person with knowledge of the situation said, roster move is pending a physical okay.
Speaker 5: That that is.
Speaker 3: That may be a reason why he has not caught on. There may be something going on with an ongoing injury situation with him. He is a veteran player and is a linebacker, and linebackers get hurt.
Speaker 7: Right, and they need depth at linebacker because now you're one injury away from nobody basically, or the guy they what was the guy they signed to the practice squad? Jones Kel Michel Jones Jones, I don't know much about mckel.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We talked about him a little bit last week. He's from Syracuse and he is not a high draft like a Rashaun Evans. The other linebackers reportedly that the Cowboys had in for a workout, Jordan Evans out of the University of Oklahoma, Brandon Smith, and Tanner Vaejo, who has been a special teamer throughout his career.
Speaker 2: Any of that gets you, well.
Speaker 3: You need you need?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you this. Did you get excited when Evan Carter got called up to the major Yes?
Speaker 2: Because I knew about it.
Speaker 3: Oh you did?
Speaker 5: Okay, you don't know about these guys?
Speaker 3: No, No, Evan Carter wasn't a first round drafting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he was tearing up the minor leagues and they couldn't wait to bring him up.
Speaker 6: Did in the COVID pandemic kind of interrupt his the start of his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think that was his rookie year.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you here. You're so well rounded.
Speaker 5: Ever so I'm so Dallas man. The come on me and you man, come on, come on? You went to? Which bring you went to? You went to? Vanilla iceis school? Come on man.
Speaker 3: As we related it to the Rangers, this relates to the Cowboys and the current situation with the Cowboys. Okay, the Rangers are sitting here, they are advanced to the American League Championship Series, and in all likelihood their opponent is going to be the San Francisco forty nine Ers. In other words, the Houston Astros. In all likelihood, if the Astros win one of the next two games against Minnesota, they are facing the Astros in the American League Championship Series.
Speaker 2: Well, we had what happened week.
Speaker 5: We already called them out, so they must we must play.
Speaker 3: What happened last month when the Rangers played the Astros at home early September, they got beat. They got swept by the Astros three games by a combined score of almost forty two to ten. It was thirty nine to ten.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: What happened after that well, and then the next day they put their cleanup hitter Adolas Garcia. They're Leyton vander Esch, they put on the injured list. Okay, they called up aw a just turned twenty one year old outfielder who spent most of this season right across the street over here playing for the Double A Frisco Roughriders, and he basically turned their season around. Hitting in the ninth hole in the batting order. He's hit three twenty with six homers, seven doubles in a triple in the last month and now they're hitting even the five to five going into the American League Championships.
Speaker 5: Here and he's being he's still doing well.
Speaker 3: Right Here's a Okay, that's a baseball analogy, but I think it relates to what this Cowboys team has facing it right now. Just because you got beat by the team that is. I mean, if the Astros go win one of these next two games, this will be their seventh straight American League Champmpionship series that they played in. And you got to started and you just got blown out by them thirty nine to ten, and now you've come back and you're waiting on them or somebody else in what would be the NFC Championship game in the Cowboys case. You can turn this thing around.
Speaker 2: You can turn it around, and they better start On one day night I.
Speaker 6: Heard about this Astros team they they approached. I didn't know anything about this there it's the cheap analytical approach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that was part of what I saw.
Speaker 6: I don't know why they had to cheat, because they kind of changed the game, didn't they in regards to how you recruited and how you how you run a baseball team. They talked about how they kind of use analytics now in regards to how they judge their talent and how they call games, how they put together their team and all of that, and that's what allowed them to make the Guy the World Series.
Speaker 5: What four times?
Speaker 3: They four times in the last six years since the Rangers got bad, the Astros and even after.
Speaker 6: They got busted, even they got busted, they still came back.
Speaker 3: And they've had losses in free agency and they've got players.
Speaker 2: So you know how.
Speaker 7: They they inspect the pitchers when they come in, you know, check their hands, they're under their belt. Do they go into the Astro Astros dug out and see if they got any drums in there, empty cans.
Speaker 2: They're anywhere.
Speaker 8: Producer Supreme wants to know if you've seen Moneyball with Brad Pitt. Yes, yes, great movie.
Speaker 6: And so that's the connection because they're the ones that really started that type of analytics, type of of of analysis, and so they followed that through. They don't have old baseball guys. Now they've got Wall Street guys. You know, they got money guys. They got people in there that they're they're more analytics than they are sports guys. So a guy like Bochie, I don't know if he would even he couldn't, he couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: And the beauty about the Rangers is they've got Highland Park's own as their general manager, Chris Young. He is he is a baseball guy and an analytics guy. He's Princeton educated and but he played fourteen years in the major leagues.
Speaker 5: Is a picture nice combination.
Speaker 3: And so he also played for Bruce Bochie and so a year ago right now, he's the guy that he targeted to be the manager of this.
Speaker 6: So that's probably why he feels comfortable with Dusty Baker, because Dusty Baker, he's boutsy that they both went on the side right.
Speaker 2: So to get this back to the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Ye, back to the Cowboy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, has to make us connection connection, trying to inspire this team if the Cowboys, If the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Win a Divisional round playoff game, are people going to be crying?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 7: I hear? That's how the Rangers fans were crying after this. Yeah, got a little ways to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well but they made it though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if they make it to the Cowboy. No it's not the championship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it'll be the NFC check if you win the NFE.
Speaker 3: I will I will make this admission about sports tears when the Rangers. Of course, I grew up here as Everson did. When the Rangers in twenty ten made it to the World Series, I was in the auxiliary press box at the Old Ballparks at outon left field, and I'm making my way to do all the postgame interviews and stuff. It's they're going into the ninth inning and it's obvious, Okay, they're about to beat the Yankees to advance to their first ever World Series, and.
Speaker 2: I had it.
Speaker 3: I was filled with emotion as I went out onto the field to do those interviews because of you know, just think of all this is what's great about sports, you know, and it's for Cowboys fans. I can see it with Cowboys fans whill follow this team for years and years if they ever get to a point now again that to go back to a super Bowl for the first time and well, you know it's it's just you guys, but it's the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not the NFC title game, right.
Speaker 6: Well, I think I think in REGARDSSA just an accomplishment. In regardss of just an accomplishment you not just fans, but you as reporters. You know, you guys are kind of closer to it than the rest of us, are, you know. I mean you've been interviewing them through all those losses, losses, losses. Now you get to go down here and interview them because they won, and so you know, the emotion is going to be in that's going to be in that room and you can't help but be touched by it.
Speaker 7: Did you tear up when the Cowboys after fifteen years finally went back to a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: I probably did.
Speaker 5: I was not tear and that was I think I got cuts.
Speaker 3: I wasn't too how about Okay, did you cheer up? Ever, so, did you tear up when you want a Super Bowl with.
Speaker 5: The do There's no doubt about it. Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 6: Ultimately, No, I teared up so much. They asked me my question, my first question.
Speaker 5: I'm on the podium. I'm ready to have my moment.
Speaker 6: I teared up after the first question. I looked up there, I ran to LT I was done. There was nobody else in front of me. So I was like, oh, well that was my moment. Yeah, that was it. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 5: But nov away from.
Speaker 2: You teared up at a sports moment.
Speaker 8: Ever, trying to think back, probably you had a reason to, let's put it.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I don't think I have. I'm waiting for it. There you go, I'm waiting for it. It'll come one of these days.
Speaker 5: She's born too soon.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll admit. I'll admit.
Speaker 7: When the White Sox won the World Series in two thousand and five in Houston, by the way, that was the first thing they won in my lifetime and my father's lifetime.
Speaker 2: So think about that.
Speaker 5: That's the most.
Speaker 7: And it teared up because I'm thinking, Okay, Dad, you passed away two years too soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that's what drives the tears, is the I mean, it becomes a part of your your family, you know, it's it's a yeah, it's a recreational thing. Yeah, it's you do it in your leisure time. But I have more text on my phones regarding sports than anything else, you know, family members or friends or whatever. I mean, it's just part of your everyday life that you're that you live and like in for instance, on that time with the with the baseball in twenty ten, I'm thinking about all those summer days where the baseball is on the radio and going to a Ranger game only three thousand.
Speaker 5: You remember all the losses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you remember painful.
Speaker 8: I've had sad tears, but not happy tears.
Speaker 6: Well, those losses they lead to the happy teams because you you it's the pain that you went through that brings on the joy.
Speaker 5: I mean that's just to me, that's pretty pretty connected.
Speaker 3: And Makey's checking.
Speaker 6: There was something you guys are boring me.
Speaker 3: All right, we can continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Nayateon Houston.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: They snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna rub this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sounds anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 12: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite Wood of Pairing can cracks a cup, tailgates going way past post game Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Light and the Coup, America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 12: Millert the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three.
Speaker 12: Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas, Devict.
Speaker 8: Shots k Post Roofine and water Proofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, more on this. Rashawn Evans, Okay, I'm going to convince you, Mickey.
Speaker 7: All right, tell me this is this guy gonna come in and play better than Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: No, rather, well then that's my lineback.
Speaker 3: That's quite he could free up. He said, to do what Mike.
Speaker 5: We were ways better MICHAEH.
Speaker 2: Parsons.
Speaker 3: I would compare. I'm comparing him with Layton vander Esh.
Speaker 7: I think vander ash is leading the team in tackles right now.
Speaker 3: Rashaun Evans led the Atlanta Falcons in tackles last year, one hundred and fifty nine tackles.
Speaker 2: Then he started, well, that's the question, that's.
Speaker 3: The question, don't I don't know without forgether research, if he's coming off an injury, or maybe his salary demands were such that he didn't want to play for whatever was being offered out there to an inside linebacker. He is twenty seven years old. He is, let's see, what would that be, three months older than Layton. He was a first round pick number twenty two overall in twenty eighteen, the year before Leyton was the nineteenth overall pick in twenty nineteen, and out of Alabama. He started four years with the Tennessee Titans and then last year with the Atlanta Falcons, leading them in tackles with one hundred and fifty nine tackles.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 3: I like all that. Yeah, And if he is healthy, Cowboys might have hit on something here. But if he's not, then we keep searching.
Speaker 5: Now, this is the guy that just got cut, right.
Speaker 3: Well, he was signed to the Eagles practice squad on September twelfth and was released three days later. That's the curious thing.
Speaker 2: So that's the So he was there for this season opener.
Speaker 3: Or right after, right, he was one of those what date did I say?
Speaker 2: Septemmber?
Speaker 3: So the week after, so he was he was one of those that you won't have for guarantee the salary. Yeah, right, And so he signed day after basically the week after the first game, and then three days later. It might have been his own choice that he asked to leave.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to be on the practice squad, could be.
Speaker 3: Hoping that there would be better offers out there. So Houston, So what's Nate in Houston doing? Well?
Speaker 6: Nate was trying to equate the yeah, he's this is this is this is that, this is that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But what he was trying to.
Speaker 2: Say was yeah, I know, that's what I said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not really.
Speaker 7: It would be like the Cowboys winning the Division round playoff game going to the.
Speaker 5: NFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's where they're going.
Speaker 5: All right, But Nate got it now that.
Speaker 7: Mickey, I don't think there'll be any cowboy tears if they ever got that far, they'd be shooting guns up in the air.
Speaker 3: What's on your cowboy's mind?
Speaker 2: Well, Michael Parsons is see what they're going to do with him.
Speaker 5: I don't mind. I don't mind him being that linebacker.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's where he should be.
Speaker 5: You always did think that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of hard to double team a linebacker.
Speaker 6: But what do you say about him being on the defensive line and making the plays that he makes.
Speaker 2: Well, he hardly made a play this last game. They are in race time.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I was the same main one fussing about it. I remember talking about the play.
Speaker 7: But and he got a race by Arizona. Too interesting, think about it.
Speaker 2: The two teams that ran for two hundred and twenty two yards and one hundred and seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Yards, and he was playing defensive end pretty much.
Speaker 2: Pretty much the whole time.
Speaker 7: Now, There was a couple of plays in this last game they had a five man front, and he was like, they used to stand the strong side linebacker on the line of scrimmat and I saw them do that.
Speaker 2: A couple of times, right, which.
Speaker 7: You know he's not as susceptible to double teams on that part of the deal because you're going to double demark Lawrence and him.
Speaker 2: You know he can't do both. Somebody's going to be free.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's why Hankins was getting mad and balls down at three hundred and thirty pounds.
Speaker 6: I was wondering what would the Chargers think the Cowboys would do with Parsons? If I see what forty nine ers did, if I see what the Cardinals did, yeah, running up the middle successfully, then I would anticipate that it's about time that we put Parsons in the middle as opposed to put him on the line.
Speaker 7: And I'm sure they'll know because somebody here will tip it off, right and just keep reading the paper or listening to our podcasts.
Speaker 6: So if we're making this adjustment, now, are we making adjust for the injury? Were making it because of strategy, Because if that's the case, sometimes we need to make that adjustment doing the game.
Speaker 7: Well, how about just playing three linebackers sometimes that's what I'm saying instead of a safety.
Speaker 3: So let's say, yeah, let's say that Layton was still healthy. What what would you propose How would you propose the base defense be for the Cowboys?
Speaker 7: Sort of like they did his rookie year before they lost Randy Gregory. By the way, I don't think he was in San Francisco either during the game.
Speaker 5: No, No, he's he's going to play next week.
Speaker 7: He had to go back and get his stuff. Oh you know who I saw. Got to shake hands with Anthony Brown.
Speaker 5: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: He got in for a couple of plays.
Speaker 7: He was in good spirits, and I said, how you do it is because we talked. We talked about we talked about No that was before. Yeah, we talked about torn achilles And I said, I told you, no, I already had when he had to when he first had it, I said, He said, it was very difficult coming back.
Speaker 2: He goes, now I'm back.
Speaker 7: I got to get on the field and evident how many he got a couple?
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, he did. I think it was maybe one on one on defense and one on special special teams. Something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so while you're looking that up, I still want I want to know. I was going to head to a question, I mean, who who are they going to put on the d line in place of Parstons while Parson is lining up at linebacker?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you got two snaps to.
Speaker 8: Mount Clark, Dorn Armstrong, Darren Tompstrong.
Speaker 7: I mean, you've got Dorn Armstrong, you got Sam Williams, you got DeMarcus Lawrence and Dante Fowler.
Speaker 2: So you got two guys on.
Speaker 7: Each end that you could rotate at a defensive end. And you know, Darence is pretty good against the run, Lawrence is pretty good against the run. The other guys are kind of designated pass rushers.
Speaker 5: Dawrence how many sacks? Eight and a half, That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and had two in the first game this year, but shut out since then. Since then he durrence by Okay, So just give you an example against as far as snapcounts, Dorn's Armstrong lat against San Francisco had twenty three snaps on defense. Sam Williams had twenty, Dante Fowler had thirteen, and DeMarcus Lawrence had thirty four, while Marca Micah had fifty nine. Yeah, and Layton had fifty eight.
Speaker 6: So we're still looking even though Parson's going to be moved to linebacker, we're still looking at only two linebackers in the game.
Speaker 7: Well, if that's the way they're going to play it, I mean, that's the way they've been playing it. And then I saw this little interesting stat.
Speaker 3: Also point out on these snapcounts. Those lower snapcounts against San Francisco for those edge guys, and a lot to do with the way San Francisco plays offense. With a fullback on the field. Moone Clark was on the field more snap twenty more snaps this game went than he was against New England. He was on the field for forty six snaps because of not only the fullback on the field plus tighty ends for San Francisco, but also the nature of the game.
Speaker 2: And plus vander esh didn't play the whole game.
Speaker 3: They well, he played fifty eight snaps and Parsons played fifty nine, so he would played them all the way into the fourth quarters.
Speaker 5: Right, you just just run the ball.
Speaker 3: Right, and with the league with the lead, they're not.
Speaker 7: And I just saw this in Week one, the Chargers rushed for two hundred and thirty three yards against the Cleveland Browns and the Atlson Eckler anchored by Austin Eckler one hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 3: Injured, and.
Speaker 7: There we go, and it says here since then the Chargers rushing game has it been as affected with no rusher eclipsing one hundred yards.
Speaker 3: And guess who's coming back this week?
Speaker 7: And this past week the team amassed one hundred and fifty five yards on the ground and Eckler says ninety nine percent sure he's playing on Monday night.
Speaker 4: Here goes nothing.
Speaker 7: So when you ask what do you think the Chargers are going to do, They're going to test that run game for sure, especially when you're leading tacklers not out there.
Speaker 6: And you saw not just like you said, the Cardinals did it as well with the quick little running back we were talking about with well, not quick little running back, but the wide receiver that at the inside handoff on us and took it to the house. That's an Ekler plays. Yeah, with the way Arizona did it, but that's the way Ekla played.
Speaker 7: And I don't know if they've got a wide receiver they're going to hand the ball to like Deebo Samuel, but that caused some problems too. Then, as a matter of fact, the playoff game, was he the one that scored the rushing touchdown? They're only touchdown in that game?
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the playoff game.
Speaker 7: I want to say it was it was McCaffrey, but maybe it was McCaffrey and Deebo ran for one the year before, but Deebo.
Speaker 3: I didn't know killing more called running plays though.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything about.
Speaker 3: When we're looking ahead to the Chargers.
Speaker 7: Oh, I see they have somebody else's the run game coordinator.
Speaker 2: He just call calls the pass place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was with the number.
Speaker 2: Five offense in the league.
Speaker 8: By the way, Cowboys are seventeenth.
Speaker 2: They fell. Hmmm, what's the word precipitably? Precipitably, precipitously, precipitously.
Speaker 5: Thank you? That wasn't it.
Speaker 7: That's why I said, is that how you say it? I had no confidence in myself.
Speaker 3: He is a mood.
Speaker 6: He reminded me of my dad, Like when I was asking him a question, will yell the answer, I'll just tune out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Chargers, the Chargers have the sixth six.
Speaker 2: Sixth rank passing offense. By the way own clock, It's right, Mickey's I could have told you that.
Speaker 5: Just tune out when he starts talking to me like that.
Speaker 2: I could have told you that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think we need to take a break. Yes, get Vicky. Something's up with Mickey. Maybe maybe there's some more mix shots.
Speaker 6: To you missed three opportunities, Chris.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire the Erica. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 14: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday mornings. Swager Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cook America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three milerber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: They schnapper, the fresh stout who looks white. It's not there. He escape slap your walk, full punch stout.
Speaker 5: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle, and he.
Speaker 9: Scores whether you're now to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 12: That's what I like to mixed shots.
Speaker 8: The most action packed motor sports experience in the world, returns to Arlington, head to AT and T Stadium this Saturday, October fourteenth for Monster Jam. Tickets are of it now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: All Right, well, how things doing on the text line over there?
Speaker 8: You know, I actually can't say she's been looking at We have not been blogged into the text line today.
Speaker 3: Goodness, there's there's people on that that are on that text machine who are wondering, why isn't she reading my text?
Speaker 12: By the way, stops today?
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is sort of it's a Wednesday, but this is sort of the Cowboys Monday like day after a game because yesterday was a day off.
Speaker 2: Uh, Monday got washed out.
Speaker 7: Uh so they were at the late game on Sunday night, so they were out there. I saw the defense anyway out there doing their normal Monday kind of loosen up type stuff on the cords. By the way, the resistant chords why Thomas and Cavante Turpin, and I thought, from Turpin's standpoint, being able to do those steps on the resistance card was a step in the right direction. And I was told that he's day to day, so that's kind of encouraging when he didn't finish the game with the ankle injury.
Speaker 3: Especially when you consider I think it was on Monday morning, there was some report out there that he was going to be out for like a month with a high ankle spreads weeks, yeah, four to six weeks.
Speaker 2: He was four to six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was before anybody said anything here before it was Monday morning, and I can't remember who reported it, and of course it gets out there on social media and it becomes fact.
Speaker 2: That's right, all of a sudden, we could throw somebody under the bus.
Speaker 3: And that's why eyebrows were raised when McCarthy at his press conference on Monday said there's a chance he could be back in practice this week, and because what wait a second, there was there was a report that you have to go on with a high ankle spray.
Speaker 5: Well the coach must be wrong.
Speaker 2: Or sandbagging, but that's no sandbagging. When you can do those things on the resistance, well, that's very encouraging. Yeah see there I got encouraging.
Speaker 6: You know, it's just so weird when injuries are so prevalent these days. And not to sound like the old get off my lawn, old man, but I just remember standing beside two tall Jones pretty much every game of my entire career, and.
Speaker 3: You were playing sixteen game seasons. We're not going back to twelve games fourteen I was thinking before. Yeah, you know, back in nineteen sixty they played ten game seasons, and so you're playing seven more games a season than they did fifty or sixty years ago. But in about nineteen seventy seven when it went to a sixteen game season, and so throughout your career as a sixteen game season, and you didn't see the injuries, the number of injuries. It seems like that what we have now, and we.
Speaker 6: We we participated in preseason games as well, and very different return.
Speaker 5: By the way, Hey, where'd that come from?
Speaker 3: A Cowboys media guy? For those of you not.
Speaker 6: Watching, somebody sneaky. I think it was Nathaniel from Frisco. Uh huh San Francisco. Yeah, but I just do recall every time I looked in that huddle it was Mike Hagman, two Tall Jones, Randy White, Michael Downs.
Speaker 5: You know my strong.
Speaker 6: Safeties, you know, Dexter and Charlie would would be often injured, but for the most part, those guys were always in the huddle.
Speaker 5: Is it something I'm missing?
Speaker 3: Well, one thing, Well, the rules are different as far as injured reserve now okay, and in fact, they just changed kind of started with COVID. It's they changed where you can go on injured reserve for only four weeks, and back then you were done if.
Speaker 5: You they they were never uninjured reserve. The right guys back.
Speaker 2: When he was playing in reserve, you could come back.
Speaker 5: They were never injured.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just saying, yeah, yeah, they abused it so badly to stash people.
Speaker 2: Cannot come back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you couldn't come back because back then they would send an independent doctor to check on guys to see if they were practicing.
Speaker 6: So are they running that much harder? Are they hitting that much harder than Randy White than too Tall Jones than Harvey Martin. I never I mean, I know they actually missed some games, but I rarely remember, yeah, being in that hull without those guys, especially the front four.
Speaker 7: Well, to me, that's what happens when you aren't playing football in practice or in raining camp. You're just touching up and then all of a sudden your body gets in situations that it's not used to, and I think it creates injuries.
Speaker 4: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: That is a good point. Let's putting a stamp on it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, back to baseball, it's like, that's why baseball pictures can only starting pictures can only go like five or six innings, whereas in nineteen seventy four chick going complete.
Speaker 5: Game going on.
Speaker 2: By the way, they went to sixteen games in seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Bill, I'm sorry if false information, but they think you think it makes.
Speaker 5: You think it makes that much of the difference. You think it makes that much of.
Speaker 2: A sixteen games? Yeah, well just just seventeen games.
Speaker 6: Injury reports not not practicing as much, uh, you know, worrying about.
Speaker 7: The injury reports back then weren't very official either, by they were kind of like hockey things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there wasn't gambling back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody camp since since Paul Horning and Alex Carris.
Speaker 5: That's suspended. So I wonder if I if I played now, I'd be injured, off injured.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're held, you would be you would be injured.
Speaker 5: My gosh, I have to be faster too, though, I have to be a lot faster.
Speaker 2: You could have been in that commercial. And Barry.
Speaker 5: Comes, he has hands other than these.
Speaker 6: It just to me, just when we were we focused so much on not just injuries, but these are key individuals that are getting injured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oftentimes, and it's to me, it's.
Speaker 2: Just quarterbacks who just lost their court of Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Again gets hurt. He gets hurt every game.
Speaker 2: Well, because he's running all the time. He's not a running back. One of these days they're going to figure that out with these quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Well, Jayleen Hods doesn't have a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, he's going to get hurt.
Speaker 5: You tried it.
Speaker 12: I tried, he tried it.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to take him off, But now he's there, he's going to stay there. I give up. Yes, no, I'm done.
Speaker 3: Not even sure how he said Hurst, Yeah, hurts hurts, he does hurts, He takes care of himself. He's more, he's smarter the way he runs.
Speaker 7: And he's lower body stronger I think than he's definitely that. You know these six or four guys that are only two hundred and twenty pounds or two hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 3: But there will be and Cam Newton was like that. You know, Cam Newton ran a lot and eventually it Yeah, it shortened his career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you know, and it's it's not so much the scrambles either, it's the called running place that is it necessary?
Speaker 5: Is he leading his team in carries? I believe he is. Well, I mean he is, especially when you're talking third downs. Uh.
Speaker 6: And I don't mean just thirty short. I mean this guy is going on thirty three, third and four, second and ten.
Speaker 3: Definitely going on fourth and one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know that first and goal.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, who's going to win the race. Who's going to win the race? Oh? Come on? Pro Football Reference? Her no wi Fi, Her WiFi.
Speaker 2: Is not working rights.
Speaker 7: He already has fifty five carries for two hundred and six yards.
Speaker 2: So that's his number right now.
Speaker 3: And how does that rank on his team as my WiFi trice, Come on.
Speaker 2: Now, Swift, he's leading.
Speaker 3: Swift has seventy six attempts.
Speaker 2: I want it was a tie. It was a tie. I didn't want to talk over you. Swift is actually he's fourth in the league in rushing and that wasn't planned. Right, then they have somebody else and then he took over for him. I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Well, they.
Speaker 3: Signed Rashad Penny also, that's right, he's had injury issues himself in his career. But but yeah, DeAndre Swift leads the way for the Eagles and hurts number two. Kane Gainwell has thirty nine years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: All right, we got three more minutes to kill here, Mickey, Mickey can kill.
Speaker 7: We got any more worries about the Chargers, and we'll get into them more tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Justin Herbert, justin Herbert, justin Herbert.
Speaker 2: And by the way, his quarterback coach is Doug Nussmeyer.
Speaker 3: He went out there with Kellen Moore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we will correct Williams is out correct, Mike Williams.
Speaker 3: He was the one that got hurt. Yeah, and they've got the TCU rookie first round draft pick, Quentin Johnston. It'll be interesting to see if he works more into the mixes. It's this recent that Williams went out, but Josh Palmer is their second guy.
Speaker 7: Have they played a game without Williams? Did it happened the last time they played, and that happened they have played here.
Speaker 3: He last played against Minnesota which was Week three.
Speaker 2: So they played Williams four and then we're off this pass.
Speaker 3: Williams had nineteen catches for two hundred and forty nine yards the first three games of the season, and Keenan Allen in that same game that Mike Williams last game was, Williams had eight targets in that game. Guess how many targets and how many catches Keenan Allen had at Minnesota fifteen and that twenty eight to twenty four win for the Chargers. Twenty targets, eighteen receptions for two hundred and fifteen yards, and he threw a forty nine yard touchdown pass.
Speaker 7: That that's even more impressive was that because Justin Herbert fractured the middle finger on his left non throwing hand, which.
Speaker 3: By the way, well he threw the ball forty seven times in that game. He was forty out.
Speaker 2: Although he got hurt Week four. Yeah, against the Raiders.
Speaker 7: It says he practiced with a glove on his injured hand, so they basically, I read where, well, if he can't go under center, then they'll just go shotgun to take the pressure off his left hand.
Speaker 6: What is the plan for a CD lamb. That's something that I want to know from. Get me, mister right of hill.
Speaker 7: Get me the ball, especially when we're losing. See, those guys are fine as long as you win. Right, He's no different than Michael Irvin you just named.
Speaker 5: On the Hill.
Speaker 7: Yeah, name the wide receiver. Right, if you're winning, it's fine. When you're losing and he's not, he gets four receptions, then it's it's a problem.
Speaker 2: And that's just kind of the wide receivers.
Speaker 5: He's pretty my should have when he caught the ball a couple of.
Speaker 2: Times, Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he kind of postured towards the sideline like, okay, I just caught a twenty nine yard pass.
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to throw it to me again when he wants the ball and uh, and he needs the ball.
Speaker 6: One thing, I somehow, some way I played it to my advantage. We played on natural grass. I didn't have nearly as much fear for the fast guys and the shifty guys. It it kind of leveled the playing field for me.
Speaker 2: The grass worked in your favor.
Speaker 5: It definitely did it should enough did see.
Speaker 7: I never understood that why the grass slowed down fast guys, but it didn't slow down the slow guys.
Speaker 5: No, now's there. See, here's the thing that's not the approach of the slow guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, the slow guy's approach is I don't have to compute as quickly.
Speaker 5: He's slower. I'm always going to be slow. I'm accustomed to being.
Speaker 2: Slow at your reaction.
Speaker 6: But it's my reaction here, me being able to read his route. And you can see in the game they weren't afraid to jam those guys on the line of scrimmage because they really don't have the fear of that acceleration that you get.
Speaker 3: On their playing to their home field.
Speaker 5: This guy, this guy, thank god, they weren't listening. They were listening.
Speaker 2: I heard him say, player, you gotta look at.
Speaker 5: His face when he says it.
Speaker 3: Well, we're overtime now, lot of time out of time, over time.
Speaker 2: Don't get sad about it.
Speaker 3: And now there will be football players on a football field tomorrow, so Mickey will be in a much better mood on the next edition of Mixed Shot.
Speaker 7: But I think they start their football stuff on the football field at noon.
Speaker 3: At noon, so you're going to be in a bad mood.
Speaker 2: Agains, we can't watch.
Speaker 3: Talk to you tomorrow at New Yo Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football for how
Speaker 2: About You show here