Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty arm Strong and Jackie I know he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 1: Mitt Romney announced over the weekend. When he didn't announce, somebody asked him. Mitt Romney said, when I asked, no, he's not running for president twenty twenty eight, and he quoted a statistic about the human brain and age that I want to pass along to you because I had been thinking about it since I heard it and find it annoying.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, Okay, I will stay tuned. This is this is, this is. It makes you wonder what we're doing. Do we really feel this lousy about the economy? Diversity of Michigan Consumer Confidence Consumer Sentiment Index much discussed. It's been going on since the nineteen forties. The Michigan Survey of Consumers is the poll for how Americans have felt about the economy now for generation, and it's low. Right now.
Speaker 1: We don't feel good about the economy more than more than ever. We're despondent.
Speaker 2: A key survey of Americans consumers is scraping bottom showing they've never felt this lousy about the economy even at the height of the recessions or when the COVID pandemic COVID pandemic raged. We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. What could possibly explain that they're so anti Trump? Some people are, there's a price of gas when inflation is high. Nothing else manners. It's the survey itself. According to a growing number of critics, including several economists, They've pointed to methodology, methodology changes in the University of Michigan's Consumers element in index as bugs in the machine, saying they're skewing the results. Now the polling people are saying no. Low sentiment likely reflects a profound shift in mood since COVID struck, according to the survey director, but it shouldn't be too surprising. People felt differently about the world, including the economy, after the pandemic. It hit its lowest mark in May, lowest ever of them. The low readings they make the point in the journals seem at odds with an economy that appears decent, if not stellar. The country's adding jobs and consumers are continuing to spend despite worries about inflation and affordability, and I would point out increasing credit card and car loan defaults and the higher and higher level of debt. Maybe you shouldn't be spending that anyway. In twenty twenty four, Michigan, the University of moved to conducting its surveys via the web rather than a cell phone, a response to the problem the ongoing problem everybody knows surveyor's face and getting anybody to get answer the damn phone because everybody's being spammed all the time. So a couple of years ago they made that transition to online polls, and some critics think that made the sentiment index more downbeat, in part because other research has shown that when people are surveyed online, for some reason, they tend to be more negative than when they're speaking to a human being. Twenty twenty four analysis a couple of economists you've never heard of estimated that this survey method methodology shift shaved about nine points off the Michigan sentiment index nine points. Recent analysis from the Chicago Fed also took issue with the survey switch.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting that people are so much more negative being online than if you're asked on the phone. So sure, because of the algorithms feeding us depressing stuff constantly. We've trained our brains soon as we go online to immediately have a bad attitude.
Speaker 2: Probably, I wonder, or it could just be if there's another human being, you don't want to appear too negative and bitchy because it's not considered an attractive quality. I don't know. There's also the fact that this is undeniable, that the skew in partisan attitudes is as big as it's ever been. You ask a Republican right now, Republicans control the White House, as if the White House runs the economy. For God's sake, people shouldn't anyway. But you ask Republicans, they say, it's just freaking fine. You ask Democrats, They're like, it's horrible. We talked about this.
Speaker 1: I talked about this last week coming out of fourth and and I took in a ton of two hundred and fiftieth anniversary Founding stuff and up with America tweets and books and TV shows and speeches and all the different sort of stuff. And I was feeling pretty raw, raw about America and actually thought, Joe and I need to be less negative. We're too negative. But I did want to push back on all the ra RA with just a little bit of the All of those things are true structurally historically, everything about the United States being great and all that.
Speaker 2: Forced for good, et cetera, et cetera. But this whole.
Speaker 1: Educating the young people to hate their own country k through PhD is new and real and is going to bear fruit for a long time to come.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if you believe Reagan that were never more than a generation or two from losing our liberty, or Jefferson that the price of liberty is eternal vigilance was Jefferson said that you might as well have if you believe those things, and if you don't, you're an idiot. Yeah, this is a serious, serious problem, as I'm always saying.
Speaker 1: And then you throw in a dose of online information algorithm stuff that is all brand new to the world. Also, I'm not as optimistic going forward as a lot of the raw RA speeches were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because you know, we're conducting a for profit enterprise here, and if we're too down beaten discouraging arguably, you know, for two downbeaten discouraging, it's not going to work. But from a purely patriotic standpoint, and this is distasteful and inappropriate. But I also don't want to be the guy telling Lindsey Graham, Oh, it's probably indigestion, don't worry about the chest pains, you know when they're is a serious, serious threat. And that is the successful perversion of our education system to become not a system of education but a system of indoctrination, the Marxist ideals, the current woke, postmodern version of it. So to me, you know, and I care as deeply as I do, and I know you do too, because I'm so positive about the United States of America and love it so much. I mean, it's the danger danger.
Speaker 1: Will Robinson, Okay, I promised you some information about the brain that I learned from Mitt Romney.
Speaker 2: Yes, thought was interesting. Would have made a great president. I've probably heard it. Yes, he absolutely would have.
Speaker 1: Well, you talk about an anachronism to today's politics, Mitt Romney. He was the left's.
Speaker 2: Version of Hitler back in two thy twelve. Give me a break. Every Republican is the left version of Hitler. It goes with but Mit Romney, Oh, I know, I know. Are you serious anyway? So Mitt Romney didn't announce he wasn't running for president. He wasn't out there talking about it. Somebody.
Speaker 1: He was doing an interview and somebody asked him and he said, I'm not running for president. In twenty twenty eight, he said, we need to do something about our move toward really, really old people being in government all the time. The human brain, according to Mitt Romney, the human brain shrinks by about twenty percent by the time you're eighty. The size of your brain is a fifth smaller by eighty. That seems like a lot.
Speaker 2: That's horrifying. Yes, I'd say so.
Speaker 1: That's one of his reasons why he didn't think people his age, because he's eighty, should be president. Trump's Adie Mitch McConnell's two six Lindsey Grahm was a mere Yeah, Biden Lindsay Lindsey Graham was a mere seventy one?
Speaker 2: Does so?
Speaker 1: Does everybody's brain shrink, but some people just deal with it better? Or is that like an average and some people's brains don't shrink. To explain the Henry Kissingers or whoever of the world, that they get to a really old age and still their brain seem to work fine.
Speaker 2: I would guess it's some shrink a little some shrink.
Speaker 1: A lot, but I don't mind's like the size of a golf ball right now, it's like fifty when it once was.
Speaker 2: I can tell.
Speaker 1: It's just like I can shake my head and it's like bouncing around in there.
Speaker 2: Like a golf ball in a bathtub. That's just unfortunate. Yeah, oh that's chilling. Absolutely, the great shrinking brain. At some point, well, we were gonna we were gonna talk about a couple of philosophical issues. At least we discussed it, one being having taken the am I having taken the longest vacation of my adult life. I'm thinking about retirement. And also our discussion about the hot new dating app for youngsters developed. I think it's Stanford, but it doesn't matter. That uses a questionnaire. It's not about animal luster looks. It's about interests and that sort of stuff. They hit both those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are interesting topics. So I'm gonna get a fresh, hot cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Also have some really cool tributes to Lindsey Graham, the kind of guy he was.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna take my tiny little brain down to the coffee maker. We'll be back in just a second, you know, Michael Malice's he calls himself an anarchist, and he's a troll. He just likes to uh, he just likes to get attention and provoke people. It's also a super interest guy. He had Mark Alpern on his podcast and they were talking about Mark Alpern believes Bernie Sanders absolutely could be the Democratic nominee for president, despite the fact that he's currently eighty four. He'd be eighty it turns eighty five in a couple months. He'd be eighty seven on election day. But he's as sharp as he ever was. I should have used him as his example of his brain must not have shrunk. He's as sharp as he ever was. And that's the momentum of the party right now, and he's the best voice of it out there anyway. Michael Malice. I just came across a retweet of his hilarious it's Lindsey Graham and Heaven at the Saint Peter's at the Gates being hugged by a robed George Floyd with Hulk Hogan in the background, fist pumping. What it's so stupid, right, it doesn't mean anything's designed to provoke. Oh, I love that. I really love that. Oh my god, boy, I also love my wife.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about earlier how the hot thing in California college campuses is this dating app? Has it got a clever name? I don't remember. It doesn't matter that instead of like flipping through pictures, you fill out questionnaires of your interests and your favorite thing. AI matches you up amazing, and they are claiming an astounding ninety plus percent level of let's do a second date, which is a pretty good measure of success if you believe the numbers. And I don't, Although you know, it's probably a pretty good system. But my immediate reaction when I first read about this, and I think the writer writing about it said the same thing, is there's this funny assumption that you need to have like hobbies and interests, musical tastes in common and to fall in love with.
Speaker 1: I know, where does that come from. I've never found that to be true. It's not even true with my male friends, right. Why we become friends and enter into personal relationships doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. Sometimes it's because you both play golfs, but you might hate each other's music or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: There's just there's some overlap, but they just kind of accidental. It's usually not why you're close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I've I've been with Judy now for forty years. We just took a couple of weeks off to celebrate it. I remember in the early days, I mean we had some common interests. We met doing are you quitting there? It was nineteen eighty three, believe it or not when we met, and uh, and we were both doing musical theater. She was in the cast, I was in the band. But yond that, it's she had no interest in golf. It plays a little now, not like most of the music I liked, had no interest in sports in general. And I was obsessed. You know, I could go on down the line. Sure, But we hit it off as friends, found each other to be attractive, made each other feel safe, and made each other laugh. And I couldn't have given a crap whether she liked gardening or opera.
Speaker 1: But in online dating, which I did for like six months, if you're not into if you're not a foodie who wants to do stand up paddle boarding, well then why would I want.
Speaker 2: To date you?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that denies all your friends who are happily married who don't necessarily have those things in common.
Speaker 2: Right, for all of human history, and anytime anybody says that you really ought to think about it. For all of human history, virtually all romantic connection was proximity based. And what we're trying to do now, and oh man rolland friar at a great, great piece of about this and friendship. But anyway, what we're trying to do is, Okay, we never brush up against real human beings anymore. We're all on our screen. So let's let's figure out. Let's try to figure out what attracted people to each other without like the circumstance where it always took place. You rubbed it, you brushed up against them, you were in the same room with them, you saw them across the room, blah blah blah, or he asked you if you knew where the number three bus ran or whatever. Let's remove all proximity in actual contact and try to figure out how people get And I think we've done a poor job of it. Yeah, I actually like any of those things.
Speaker 1: Whatever that's called that speed dating thing where everybody gets together in a room and you sit down for two minutes and talk to each other. That seems like a way better idea than that whatever that magic is, whether it's pheromones or something in the brain we don't understand or whatever, where you show interest in a person based on something other than just looks, that makes more sense to me.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I remember when the speed dating thing first came out, it seemed like, well, why are you in such a hurry? Seemed kind of silly. But yeah, I think compared to the online thing, is probably a way way better idea. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I suppose we'll have to figure this out since we don't interact with the people anymore, and it's getting.
Speaker 2: Less so and less so.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: There was a piece in the New York Times the other day It's okay to date your coworkers. There was somebody wrote a guest in the New York Times about how, let's be realistic. This is where like everybody meets. It's your best opportunity to meet somebody. It's crazy that we've decided that's a no go zone since it's the only place you're gonna meet anybody, which I've always.
Speaker 2: Thought was true. That's funny, that's what we've been saying before during and after the whole Me Too, madness and ever since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got some good Lindsay Graham stuff for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of the things that are being said about from both sides of the aisle, and just the kind of guy he was, really, really an admirable human being.
Speaker 1: As he's up in Heaven, George Floyd with his arm around him with Hulk Hogan looking on.
Speaker 2: That says it all to me. That's America and Heaven. I guess Heaven is America.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more on the way if you missed the Seggets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: I never thought to be in this position, Yeah, I said. I thought Lindsey was going to be living forever. I never thought. I never I said, Lindsey, you're going to live forever. And he was going to have a big victory, you know, he was. He was scheduled to win by a lot. He had my support, and he was scheduled he was going to win by a lot. He was going to have one of his best elections ever. And now he's got.
Speaker 1: This terrible One of the most influential senators in the country over the last quarter Century dropped dead over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this earlier. I think it's worth repeating. Stupid people are unleashing stupid analysis for other stupid people, saying that Lindsay Graham was a hypocrite and a psycophant of Trump and had no principles. You could tell because he criticized Trump then was with him, which is just so dumb. Good Lord, Lindsey Graham had certain beliefs and if Trump became president, and Lindsey was utterly dedicated to bringing those beliefs to fruition. They had a lot to do with a robust foreign policy and using American armed force and defending freedom and pro life and the rest of it. He was going to work with Trump because he had to. He wasn't gonna stomp off and take his toys and go home. And he also, just by disposition, he likes people. He's definitely the sort of guy who brings people together and shakes the hand of his opponents and smiles and means it. It's interesting. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I just don't have the personality to like cozy up to and spend lots of time with people that like I just really have no respect for them.
Speaker 2: I would find that really hard to do.
Speaker 1: Like, if I think you're a lying grifter, I couldn't play golf with you twice a week. And that's what Lindsey Graham thought about Trump. Guarantee you I certainly did back when he started running. But anyway, I understand the point of if you have certain things you want to get done, you need to be relevant enough to you know, be in Trump's here and have an effect on foreign policy, which I guarantee you he did. I guarantee he got more of what he cared about done in office than he'd been out of office. The difference is people who flip flop and go with the wind who don't seem to have either because like I don't know who'd be a good example, but like I use the example of Biden. I hate to use him perfect I hate to use Biden just because he's the other party and it sounds like I'm picking a Republican to you know, venerate a Democrat to attack. But if you can think of a good public and that would be fine.
Speaker 2: Who who flip.
Speaker 1: Flops and changes gears and you know, all that sort of stuff but doesn't seem to have a through line. If your through line is healthcare for everyone, or foreign policy like Lindsay Graham, or abortion or whatever, and you do whatever you got to do to stay in office, to keep fighting the same fight. You always say the same thing about your core mission. I get that, even though I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's the difference between wanting to stay involved in relevant to accomplish something or wanting to stay involved in relevant just to profit from it or be relevant be on TV. Yeah, exactly. Yeah, And I think it's Jim Garrity perhaps in the Yeah. And the National Review makes the point that though he was seen as some sort of reagunite holdover in a the relic of the past and a loser, he sure seem to win a lot. The America first president is in office, but he kept selling arms to Ukraine. Well it's not for a while, but I think we're back. Put Nicholas Maduro in jail, made Marco Rubio, the de facto Viceroy of Venezuela a bomb. The heck out of the Iranians throughout the year scared the Cuban government so badly it keeps emphasizing it's willing to negotiate to avoid a US invasion, and next year's defense appropriation is going to be at a minimum one hundred billion dollars more than last year, if not five hundred billion more. Graham figured out he can get more done with Trump. Is an ally and developed a genuine friendship with the President. And he was a pragmatist he you know, he was also eloquent and hilarious. His defense of Brett Kavanaugh was a hero moment. We played that earlier today, we should play it again. But he's a pragmatist. He thought, I need to get done what I want to get done. If I've got to work with X, Y and Z, that's who I'm going to work with, and a bunch of people with pouring out tributes, including Trump of course, to Lindsey Graham, here are some of my favorites. John Fund remembers an interview with the Senator last year. Right, So, Graham looked back on his career with satisfaction and gratitude. I thank the Lord my parents that I've done pretty well for being just a cracker named Graham. Jay Nordlinger shares a story of uh, well, that's kind of It's a dry joke, but he was very, very funny. Michael Brendan Doherty, who's a real kind of America first Trumpian conservative, says, I met Lindsay Graham while he was campaigning in New Hampshire for a profile piece for my questions. He quickly figured out my foreign policy perspective was Buchananite. He relished debating it out, made honest emissions against interest when we got deep in the weeds on the hoothies, and had far more in room charisma than I expected. He was funny, magnanimous, and extremely effective as an advocate for his views, especially where I disagreed with him. May you rest in peace. Minnesota Senator Amy Klobochar wrote, what can't be forgotten is the reason why so many people he worked with, from senator to staff, will earn his law more in his loss, Lindsay had a zest for life in the Senate that made you want to get to work on a bill with him, or at least debate him. He brought joy to his job. He was one of the few who was willing to work with me when so few would. On helping the Afghan refugees, and she goes on with the several other stories of them working together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corey Booker put out a great video yesterday, the Democrat from New York, New Jersey. Right, yeah, great video talking about working with Lindsay Graham on a couple of different things and how similar to the things you just said. Part of it was he if he was really into something, he would work with anybody. Again to the you know, working with Trump, working with Corey Booker. Here's something. Aren't enough politicians who are policy based. Who gives a crap what party anybody is or what their personal lives are like or whatever else. If you can get if you've got a policy you care about and you want to get it, you know, legislation passed. I don't understand why there isn't more of that, but Corbooker saying that if you want to get it, something passed, and he was on your side, he was like the best at trying to get stuff to actually happen. Plus bringing the joy to it. He mentioned that too. He just got you fired up about working on it because he brought so much energy to the project, right right, Yeah, Yeah, And we've all been around people like that that just man, there's just something about the energy they bring that makes everything move forward more. Oh yeah, and that sort of person is absolutely invaluable to any effort Michael Place sixty for us, we made reference to this.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Did you know that her staff had already recommended a lawyer.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sorry, go ahead and stop it. I'm going to set this up briefly like I did before. It's the Kavanaugh hearings. At the last minute, theocrats had brought out this doctor Ford Gal who had vague memories of being sexually assaulted by some teenage boys decades ago in high school, said Brett Kavanaugh was one of them. There's no corroberating evidence, no contemporaneous accounts of it. It just came out of nowhere. And they did not go through the Hey, let's get this investigated and see if it's substantive procedure. They just threw it out at the last minute, and Kavanaugh had blasted them. He'd finally said, all right, that's enough. I'm not going to sit here like a nice boy and be accused of being a gang rapist in front of my family in the nation. This is horrifying. And then some people said, oh, he doesn't have the temperament to be a justice. They came back from a lunch break and Lindsay let loose.
Speaker 3: Did you know that her staff had already recommended a lawyer to dodnor Ford.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Did you know that her and her staff had this allegations for over twenty days?
Speaker 2: I did not know that at the time.
Speaker 3: If you wanted an FBI investigation, you could have come to us. What you want to do is destroy this guy's life. Hold this seat open, and hope you went in twenty twenty. You've said that, not me. You've got nothing to apologize for. When you see Soda Maron Kegan, tell him that Lindsay said, Oh, because I voted for them, I would never do to them what you've done to this guy. This is the most unethical sham since I've been in politics. And if you really wanted to know the truth, you sure as hell wouldn't have done what you've done to this guy.
Speaker 2: Are you a gang rapist?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I cannot imagine what you and your family have gone through. Boy, y'all want power. God, I hope you never get it.
Speaker 2: I hope the American people.
Speaker 3: Can see through this sham that you knew about it, and.
Speaker 2: You held it.
Speaker 3: I had no intention of protecting dot or Fort none. She's as much of a victim as you are.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: I hate to say that because these had been my friends, But let me tell you, when it comes to this, you're looking for a fair process. You came to the wrong town at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: My friend. Well, that's the all time quote, and it hasn't gotten any better. N As Garrity points out in the National Review, Lindsey Graham cast his votes for Sonya Sotomayor in Atlanta Kagan in the closing days of an era where senators believe that if a judicial nominee was sufficiently qualified, then they should get the vote, even if they disagreed with the nominee's philosophy. In announcing his vote for Kagan, Graham said, Obama quote chose someone who's qualified to serve on this court and understands the difference between being a liberal judge and a politician. At the end of the day, it was not a hard decision. She would not have been someone I would have chosen, But the person who did choose, President Obama chose wisely. It's worth noting in twenty twenty two he voted against Katanji Brown Jackson and said, and I quote not, I'll bet she is a gang rapist. He said, her record is overwhelming, and it's lack of a steady judicial philosophy and a tendency to achieve outcomes in spite of what the law requires or common sense would dictate. And he said, with respect, I can't vote for her. He's an agent. That's true, that's not true. She's very bright but utterly ideological. Ah, what was I gonna say? Oh, it's important. You distracted me with the idiot thing. But do you have breaking news around Lindsay Graham?
Speaker 1: The governor who gets to a point someone to fill the spot until the election November has announced they are going to choose Lindsey Graham's sister, his younger sister who he adopted and took care of when both of their parents died fifteen months apart, when Lindsay was nineteen. God dang it, that's a rough situation. All of a sudden, you're taking care of your sister and you're the breadwinner as a college student, yeah, with no money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then he went into the military, where he was for thirty years. But anyway, she is going to She has been at his side throughout his political career.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything about his sister.
Speaker 1: Mother of two, works helping people with disabilities find jobs. She has been part of his every campaign he's ever had, so she's certainly familiar with his thinking on all that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I wonder if she's going to run for the seat in November, because this is just a caretaker role, to hold a seat until leliction.
Speaker 1: I know she might be fantastic. I have no idea, but I'm not a fan of family lineage for our politics.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is not what we should be doing right. Yeah, yeah, I'm a little uncomfortable with it too. Although there's was a former senator or former big wheel in South Carolina politics immediately jumped up. I mean the ambulance hadn't yet delivered poor Lindsay's body to the funeral home. This guy said, I'm willing to take the job. He's seventy eight years old, and he outside will be running for another term as well. No, no, no, I'll bet she she.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised she doesn't end up being US senator represented holding that seat for the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: She wants it.
Speaker 1: That happens all over the country where somebody dies in their wife ends up being the person or vice versa.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. It feels stupid to me. And again I know nothing about Ms. Graham if that is her name or whatever her last name is. But at the same time, as a conservative South Carolina voter, are you going to say, well, this Republican is a legacy higher. I mean, it's a family lineage thing. I'm gonna go ahead and give the office to the Democrats for six years. Well, we come up with a better candidate. It's tough. Yeah, I will finish strong.
Speaker 5: Next, authorities found a man living hermit style and off grid in an Arizona forest, surrounded by one thousand pounds of trash. Police are asking the public if anyone has ever heard of a man named Keith Oberman.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's an interesting style of comedy. He has um. So Joe is back from his vacation in Alaska. You probably saw that video of him being flipped up in the air by a bison. But he's okay and he's bounced back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had successfully dodged a moose. So imagine my disappointment when the bison took up the chase.
Speaker 1: He had a good plan running behind those trees, but that bison just knocked those trees down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was thinking, boy, I got a good lead on him. Now finally, whoa up, I went head over ass. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But while you were in Alaska, did you catch on to We talked about this last week, but I wanted to bring it to your intention in case you didn't know about it. What the Democrats are doing up there allegedly running against Senator Dan Sullivan.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't think I caught that.
Speaker 1: Another guy named Dan Sullivan is running as a Republican against Dan Sullivan, who is the current list sitting Republican as a Republican as a Republican to try to split the vote because of the way they do their voting in Alaska. Yes, because of the way they do their voting in Alaska, So splitting the vote between the two Republicans, so the Democrat, this woman named Peltola, could win, and so the Republicans tried to like get this stop in the courts.
Speaker 2: And everything like that.
Speaker 1: But it's actually the guy's name, it's his actual name, Dan Sullivan. He just has a different middle initial and he's claims he's a Republican and he's just always run to run for governor. It's just a coincidence, even though he's only donated money to Democratic causes and throughout his life, and he hired a Democratic campaign person to help him with his campaign. His colors are the same, and his motto is almost exactly the all obvious.
Speaker 2: What's going on here, but all's fair in love and politics. Yeah, that's actually kind of funny. It's incredibly troubling, but funny. I did not see that. What I did see was in a couple of towns, big sign saying and rank choice voting.
Speaker 1: Now, ah, yeah, Alaska's the biggest experiment in that, and they a lot of people are not happy with the way it's turned out, as you saw with Democrats in California, were a cup of coffee there where you thought there was gonna be two Republican governor candidates liked it when it was only going to be Democrats ever winning. You can't stop a guy whose name is Dan Sullivan for running just because the current senator has the same name.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's terrible and hilarious. What are you gonna do? Huh? You know, Jack Armstrongan get final the Haunting Echo.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts back from vacation, Joegin.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. Michael Angelow will lead the way from the control room. Michael final thought.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation, but I'm glad you returned. I was really worried because you were sending the staff these beautiful pictures. I thought, we may never see him again. He'll just send us a note and that's going to be it.
Speaker 2: I'll jump in with my final thought. Here in the dead of summer, there was not a high temperature above sixty degrees for two weeks. Wow, it was fan at the stick. And yes, I considered moving to Alaska. Jack a final thought for us, I had one, but'll change it to this.
Speaker 1: It is very difficult on vacations to not contemplate moving to wherever you are. That is just like I know somebody who almost bought a condo and Croatia. I think, oh, like really really came close, Like I want to live here the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Then you get back home and you think I'm gonna sure Key West, like I was looking at real estate there.
Speaker 2: It took me a while to figure out, Yes, this is a nice place. But what you're really in love with is the way you feel right now. The reason you feel that way right now is you're on vacation. If you're slogging to work and run into the grocery store and all crap, I've forgot to mail this bill. In that place, it's gonna feel a lot like the old place.
Speaker 1: Or even if you just if you're not working, but you're not there just temporarily, you're there permanently.
Speaker 2: They have a different feeling.
Speaker 1: It doesn't need Armstrong and Geeddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: Don't buy a time share so many people, thanks so a little time good Armstrong Geddy dot com for the hotlingks, drop us line mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com and subscribe to the podcast. For the love of all that's holy, that's Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: Cool man.
Speaker 1: Though War and Iran could really explode into a real war at any moment, and I know that's been true for quite a few months down but more true today. We'll see tomorrow with the latest God Bless America.
Speaker 3: When you see Soda Maron Kegan, tell him that Lindsay said, oh, because I voted for them, I would never do to.
Speaker 2: Them what you've done to this guy.
Speaker 3: This is the most unethical sham since I've been in politics, and if you really wanted to know the truth, you sure as hell wouldn't have done what you've done to this guy. You're looking for a fair process. You came to the wrong town at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: My friend Armstrong and Getty