Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season two eighty seven, Episode two of Daily Hei Guys YI production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. I think my voice is like seventy percent back. The only way I find that out is when I screamed our Daily's. I guess I'd hear all the different little crackling in my vocal cord and figure out, Yeah, we're getting there. We're making progress here. Check in check, can't check. Yeah, just checking in all the all the different registers, all the levels. It is Tuesday, May sixteenth, twenty twenty three. You love this day. I'm telling you gotta love it, folks.
Speaker 2: International Day of Living Together in Peace Day, Yeah, National Classic Movie Day, National Biographers Day, Yeah, Graphers Yeah, National Love of Tree Day, National Sea Monkey Day, National check your white Fursday.
Speaker 1: Your damn wipers. I just did that the.
Speaker 2: Other day, and they were brittle stones that were merely just going to smear water across my windshield. National Mimosa Day, National Piercing Day, National Day.
Speaker 1: This is like there's a ton anyway, man.
Speaker 2: That's honor our LGBT Elder's Day, National Barbecue Day. I heard that one nation will do something good for your neighbors, like just fucking just enjoy, just check your wife.
Speaker 1: It feels like it could be a redneck comedy tour punchline. You might want to check your wipers. Yeah, I don't know what the build up to that. That's where you need chat GPT, where you just go create a stand up routine where the entire brand is built off this punchline. Yeah, you may want to check your wipers. Also, the International Day of Peaceful Humans Living Together feels like it was written by cat GPT or someone who just is trying to convent pretend that they're human. Yeah, just trying to look but you know, it's it's just urging people to live together. I think it was after in response to World War II. Iy Ay, that's what that World War made me say. Yea, yea. My name is Jack O'Brien aka NBA sad Boy. Oh man, my sixers, those dang sixers they did it again. Yeah, I'm not gonna not gonna freak out like everyone thinks. Yeah, I just I no longer have sadness in me to give to them. Yeah, but you knew all along. I did. It's it's kind of wild, like once you get to this point with a team where you're like paying a lot of attention to them, you actually know that they're going to lose. Like that that game, the Game seven that they lost on Sunday Mother's Day. Thank you the NBA was that game was always lost, right, it was. It was written in stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beginning of the season, your prediction was crashed out of the second round.
Speaker 1: The second round. They have a gravitational equilibrium and it is the second round and everything else is just you know, shuffling the deck. But we're we're going out in the second round and we're not gonna do it in style necessarily. But I'm excited about the rest of the playoffs without them and rooting on your Los Angeles Lakers. Oh yeah, Hey, who am I talking to? Oh? You know, to join by my co host, mister Miles grow.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Miles Greg Greg Gray of the Los Angeles Gregers aka Lebron Grahames aka Anthony Gravis aka ruy Hachi Moro's cousin. I'll just say that, you know, shout out to black and must God out there, Uh yes, and shout out to every all the Lakers fans out there, and sadly the Arsenal fans, because while I am a Laker fan, I'm also an Arsenal supporter. And we we also fucked the bed a bit this weekend, losing three nil to Brighton and basically just kissed any chance, any.
Speaker 1: Hope of the Premier League trophy goodbye.
Speaker 2: So in a similar way, I was like, I don't know if we can win it as Arsenal, and they also proved me right in that sense very last.
Speaker 1: Time Arsenal one.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we'd have to go back to the season of our Lord two thousand and three, two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, so I mean there's there's some winning there though. Yeah. I mean luckily I was.
Speaker 2: I've been supporting the team since prior to that and the previous premiership that we won before that. But yeah, it's it's but let me tell you, Jack, going from three to four to now is fucking.
Speaker 1: Pay rough sled ride down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but you know it is what it is. But also, hey, I'm glad to see that Tottenham won't make the Champions League.
Speaker 1: So hold that one. Yeah, that's why, Like my main thing is just that the Celtics don't win the title, so anything that can be done to prevent them. Fair Celtics fairs are like, gosh, why are you like so many? It's because I'm a sick person. And it doesn't it doesn't make sense. It is not the Happiness Lab with doctor Lori Santos. We're not over here on some like mild mannered, well balanced over here. I'm a broken person. Anyways, Miles speaking of broken persons, and that's not true. Speaking of one of my favorite directors, he's very funny podcast host and he made some of the best videos at Cracked, some of my favorite short comedy sketches anywhere. I'm thrilled that he and TDZ favorite Michael Swam of Those Aren't Muskets Fame are teaming up to make a new film called Papa Bear that you can find out about contribute to. We will link off to where in the footnotes. But please welcome to this show. The brilliant, the talented, hebe aperson maybe babe.
Speaker 3: My thank you for letting me be here. And uh, you know Sully the waters of the daily Zeitgeist. Are you share Jack your pain?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? As a Warriors fan, oh, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm humping the Nuggies take it all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it's it's that's my favorite part about losing is you're like, well, now this team is my champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get to choose one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited to be rooting for Jimmy Butler against the Celtics. The Celtics fans are extremely confident, which is just how Jimmy Butler wants them. They're confident like a bunch of teenagers at Camp Crystal Lake, you know, with care in the world, and Jimmy Butler is just off the quarter reference for the kids. Yeah, something for the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, exciting times.
Speaker 1: Exciting yeah yeah yeah, well you know, real to be an exciting summer because yeah, you got you got quite the wage bill over there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. The Warriors, it's gonna it's it's gonna be murder.
Speaker 1: Jah Rule just shows up as Abe. We're gonna get know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things that we are talking about from the news. We're going to talk about Jordan Neely and the new Kyle Rittenhouse. The person who murdered Jordan Neely is now a cause Celebrae on the right. So well, we'll just talk about the way they're speaking about that story on the right, and another opportunity to show they actually don't know the Bible that they do. But hey, as a text, not not overlyaf familiar or reading comprehension, leaving something or be desired a new reality just dropped reality pro I think is what they're calling it. Apple is expected to release some goggles in a couple of week and this is like one I remember. This was what it was like before the iPad came out, where it was like, oh shit, this like what's it going to be? Is it going to be? You know, because the iPhone was the last big thing that they had dropped their right iPad. I mean that shit's gonna be like it's gonna have magic powers. Is gonna be like a hoverboard that you've got to ride on to work and then use as a screen. And yeah, so people are excited about these goggles. Well I'm not. We'll talk about it, Miles, but what you have to understand is please tell me I actually I don't fully get it. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk Richie dreif Drife Dicky Dry Dry because he has some interesting takes. All of that plenty more. But first, abe Eperson, we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Ooh man, I'm gonna I'm gonna reveal myself and my like weird interests. I'm fascinated with subcultures right. In some cases it's like the joy of seeing, like go human go kind of like witnessing, you know, the beauty of what's out there. But other times it's because I want to see what like God's up to, you know, like what kind of hell hath he rot? And I saw on Twitter? The concept of like you know, it's been around for many years, the concept of the like the rising grind bros, kind of like like nft Zelots who discussed how to reach success and that really fascinated me, which leads me to a recent search I did maybe a week ago, which was an entrepreneur TikTok compilation.
Speaker 1: No God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I want to see as many as possible, and frankly, like I love it. These are people like you tell you like how to make like twelve thousand dollars in a month making like an Amazon reseller business, or like investing in seeds or some nonsense, and there's a strange kind of eerie magnetism to them. They kind of have this dreadful seriousness and like they act way too famili you're with you, and they play like, I don't know, like the soundtrack to the Secret Life of Walter Midi over it. It's like frankly haunting. And they all have like the same eyes, like they see past you and it's all arithmetic to them, Like these robots have one tone, and it's like I'm the wisest person to walk on the earth. And I love it, like the delusion, the solipsistic kind of performance of it all. I mean, there's probably loads of wisdom than anyone puppeting, you know, just like goodwill or soundbye, wisdom can stumble upon. But like frankly, you know, it's all it's all rigged anyway, and it's like you're not really doing anything. And I just love to see as many of those people as possible. So that's kind of like how I spend my time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's because.
Speaker 2: About how to get how to get that lambeau. Hey, when I look at you, I don't see it in your eyes, you know, like I don't. I can tell that you go to sleep probably like maybe seven hours a night, which is basically like loser shit, you know.
Speaker 1: What I know.
Speaker 2: Like I'm up at two thirty, you know what I mean, and I'm looking at the like every stock market on earth, and the look that you see in my eye is actually the lambeau that's about to manifest.
Speaker 1: That's what you're.
Speaker 3: Seeing, shark shaped lambeau.
Speaker 1: I love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They all just want to sell their companies too. It's like and then this is how you get the valuation. Then you sell your.
Speaker 1: Company like okay, sure, like if that's what you think. But like it's that guy. It's like that guy the five hour work week. This was like the I remember like the first example of this, whereas like guy who's like I'm all about this like lifestyle and like you know, how great my life yeah, Tim Ferris, and like how great my life is, and like you two can have this. But then like the thing he was like doing was just like selling bullshit to people and like making other people do the work for him. Yeah, and it was like there there was just nothing there. There's he like I think no good being produced other than his five hour I feel like he may have actually been the originator of like how to get to Lambeau culture, because I believe in the four Hour, five Hour Workweek book he talks about this is how I can have a Lamborghini. He's like, these are the payments, this is what I'm making every month plus this that's Lambeau money boom. Like problem solved, Lambo Boom onto the next Lambeau sell Janke Supplements online. Yeah, that was it. Supplements.
Speaker 2: That was like his early early business, and then it went into like the four Hour Body and then it started getting a little wacky when he's like, these kettlebells can put a butt on an Asian chick. Was like one of the things one of the parts like was how it was written.
Speaker 1: About like this.
Speaker 2: I believe it like a woman struggling to have a butt and he's like, yeah, but these kettlebell swings gave her that pop. So everything, I'm like, I can sew you fucking anything. You want a butt, you want a Lambeau, you want biceps, bro, It's all here.
Speaker 1: What did these guys used to be? Like? Were they in the eighties, were they just all like working on Wall Street? Or were they just like local salesmen. They just did sales I think spiraled out. Yeah right right, but like what because they've replaced some job with just bull like nothing, right, what do they like? It seems like they're all in some version of a like multi level marketing scheme.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. I mean, so what go back to nineteen eighty four and whatever was going on there? You know, computers are in the next thing.
Speaker 1: You know what they're like.
Speaker 2: I think these like fucking gurus, like you know, that's the other like genre of like what this kind.
Speaker 1: Of person is.
Speaker 2: They call themselves gurus, and like they just charge you a ton of money for advice that fucking goes nowhere. They're basically I feel like the kids of people who were like whose parents are listening to like Personal Power in the eighties right right right, you know and like early uh what's his face, gigantic guy talk Tony Robbins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, books, Yeah, like the bag you're around that as a kid, eighteen tapes and a big like plastic container.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like those Disney like the old Disney vhs because like that were like sort of semi padded plastic cases.
Speaker 1: I only know this because I remember my dad bought one of them. I was like, what is this ship? And I was like, okay, maybe this will say Steven Kobe like the seven Habits of highly effective people. Like I feel like they were all driving around in their trans ams listening to that shit. Maybe yeah reading Leah Coca. Right, you know, now that they're able to influence each other and we're just getting better and better as a society, I think is the is the upshot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they've they've stumbled upon a really yeah, really intoxicating offer, which is sort of like you don't have like toil in your own way to have like everything you want, Like don't do it out because everyone's like I don't want to go to a job or do this or That's like, yeah, do it for yourself, bro, and get all the things I actually don't have, but I'm renting for the purpose of this TikTok video exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: They all have like one piece of good advice, which is like get up and make your bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it always it's always starting there, and people try that and.
Speaker 1: They're like, ah, I actually do feel like a little bit better when like I just kind of you know, get up and take a shower and yeah, engagement.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should give to this guy's Patreon.
Speaker 1: This guy seems like he might be like on the next level. That was that one was for free. He said, for sixty bucks a week, I'll become a millionaire. I can't even imagine what he'd tell me. Yeah, he's like, use this affiliate link to do your Amazon shopping. Like, hey, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is not This is not a hot take, not a nuclear take, really, but I do have like an extra grind recently because I watched that movie Air, the Michael Jordan movie Huh, and I noticed that this keeps coming up, like Tetris, Black Bear, Flame and Hot the Doritos, like Flame and Hot story movies that are people you're.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about.
Speaker 3: It might put the prop How dare I put some stink on this corporate nostalgia? Yeah, and just like grandizing this like the origin story of products. And there's like this bit and Air where Mike the where they like point out that their competitor, Adidast was founded by Nazi, right, Yeah, and I think that fun fact. Not against getting that info out there in general, but it's like it's not. That's just a good example something can be very harmful and weird to me, like basically through movies and populating the zeitgeist with their own kind of corporate agenda. It's not like a movie war of attrition against each other, right like they I know they do it with memes, but they get like laughed at, you know, online when they try you know, like hello fellow kids and stuff like that. I know ads exist, but we all kind of see we all like watch ads with this kind of sardonic like like bank face that we have where it's just like yeah, it's just like yeah, allow it to happen. But it feels wrong in movies because they have the power to like like move people and when you stamp like a based on a true story on it, like I could see this being a horrible trend.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Air?
Speaker 3: I did watch Air?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I was expecting to be like swept away. I'd heard a lot of smart people be like swept away by it and be like yeah, you go in thinking why am I watching like a hero's journey about Nike? But then it like it sweeps you away and I just like couldn't get past it. Man, I couldn't get past it the whole like this was locking crazy.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, and like when they like try to avoid doing it for so long but they have to. So there's only like two or three scenes, but they go whole hog. They just go like this is the stuff dreams are made of.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just like, oh, oh my god, get off your horse. Yeah, And I think it's a really damaging thing. Just the idea of weaponizing like something that is a story is different than I think an ad or a meme, right, Like it's something that can actually like trigger like, yeah, I'm going to go to war for these people. I'm gonna go war for this idea.
Speaker 1: So, like I do think there's probably I haven't seen BlackBerry. I've heard good things about BlackBerry, and I think, like with the Social network, for instance, like there there's probably a distinction to be made between like authorized like stories that like have the full cooperation with the people who made the thing, and like things that are just based on you know. I guess like that that's the distinction. I've heard people make the argument that like, well, well, you know Shakespeare wrote about because those were the most important people in Shakespeare's time, and like in our time, corporations unfortunately are like the thing that is is making all the decisions in our in people's day to day lives, whether they realize it or not. So might as well tell stories about that. But if if you're telling like a true warts and all story about like big shit, like the way Succession is telling the story about like about the Murdocks, and like what happens behind the scenes at a Fox News type thing, like that's I think there's a value there as opposed to, you know, something that is propaganda. Yeah, that is using the like core corporate principles of Nike as like interstitials like throughout the movie like.
Speaker 3: That if you are correct, like Shakespeare was dunking on fools you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Shakespeare was dunking on fools.
Speaker 3: Man, and that is bringing it bringing the heat.
Speaker 2: Sadly, from what I've read, the Hot Cheetos movie doesn't. It's kind of continuing that because there's like a whole scene or they're talking about the how the creative of Pringles was like a card carrying KKK guy or something, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be, though I don't know, And then you're bro he wasn't journal with the you know what the original pringles can guy look like? The mustache was about this wide. It was a toothbrush. It was It wasn't a chaplain family put it that way. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Not a fan of the cinema.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless it was by Lenny reef Install, you see what you see where I'm geting at. Yeah. I actually saw a Shakespeare play once, like not one of the ones that's widely taught, but it was one of the ones that was written. I think it was about like the the birth of Queen Elizabeth, like happens during the of the play, and it does like kind of go soft and weird like in the third act as it like starts getting it like it it feels like a play where you can like see this tension at work in in his work, like The Closer, Like when he's writing about like long deade, you know kings, he can tell the truth or like portray them as like interesting characters, but like when it's the actual king who's still alive, he's like and long live the Queen. Like there's a part at the end of the play where everyone's just like and but she is pretty dope and we're all good here, right.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of the Queen's thugs, like showing up on the Shakespeare store and like we heard you write and something about the queen. How about you make it a little bit more flattering. You know, we've messed you making it nice? Yeah, we reveal your identity notes? Is this even? I am Pameter? Are you even writing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The way we know you? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is something that you think is underrated? Heb Okay, So I've been having this sphace the short answers. Rain hats. I don't even know if that's what you call them. What do you call like hats that like for rainy days, like rubber hats, like fishing hats?
Speaker 1: Is it functional? Right?
Speaker 3: I've been buying. I live in La so I don't need rain hats, but we did have a lot of rain recently and I wanted a hat. So I bought a hat. And I was in a store and I was looking at all these beautiful rain hats and they appear, and I thought about it, and they appear every now and then in like high fashion, like the you know, especially with like the rubber variety, like you got bright colors and like you had like mod art in like the sixties, and they've like looked the same since then, and like they reappeared in the eighties when like that whole pop art thing was happening York War one in that one video I'm thinking of, Yeah, and I don't know. I love it when function and style or function like is style.
Speaker 1: And oh, okay, Myles and Frankly Myles just put on his rain hat. They did the same thing. I did the same thing. I'm like, oh, rain for two days. I need a rain hat. I need a rain hat.
Speaker 3: And Frankly, I'm tired of this baseball hat pagemony. You know, I mean, fantastic hat, top to your hat, but let rain hat have it stay in the sun. Yes, what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Three sixty coverage. Yeah. And also I'm I'm trying to fuck with the neck saver flap two. Oh you know what I mean back of it, like oh that son, are you're really out there? I'm like, you got to.
Speaker 2: Learn from the people who whose business it is to be in the sun all day like that ship.
Speaker 1: Your neck is like beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you can't let that expose I always forget to get the back of my neck with any kind of protection, and that's usually like the first spot I end.
Speaker 1: Up being burned. So yeah, and by people whose job it is to be in the sun all day. You mean Australians. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's why I see it the like long neck flap is like that that hat. I'm always like, what are we in Australia? Hey, hey jackass? What are we down under? What are we down under? Yeah? A nice bucket hat something that I could never pull off, but I think but when it's raining, you can. It's functional. No one's ever going to be like, what are you doing, asshole? Is the raining? You're like, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Everyone's on team rain hat on a rainy day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, team rain hat. Nice rain hat. Hey. Yeah, you know, we gotta start a revolution in this country, you know, I know we have other pressing issues, but like rain hats, why are they called rain hat? Like rain rain hat should be a phrase that doesn't sound so weird in my mouth, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right about that. It's also the term that I'm made up question mark. Yeah, Like I don't know, it's just there's rain boots, yeah exactly, but uh yeah, it does sound weird. You're not wrong about that rain gloves.
Speaker 1: I guess we don't have those my rain socks. Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk some news. We'll be right back. And we're back, and we did just continue the rain hats conversation. Miles. You're claiming so first of all, you told me GORP core, which is not the world according.
Speaker 2: To No, no, no no, it's like like trails. Okay, you know GORP for all the people. You know, your crunchy hiker style. But basically how that you know, the like sort of more utilitarian functional fabrics and garments are starting to make their way into like high fashion. Like that's why you see people wearing more again, like cargo pants, you know.
Speaker 1: And you're buying more. You're so you are wearing cargo pants these dolls?
Speaker 2: I mean yes, usually I have a pair right now I have to take back because they don't fit.
Speaker 1: Here's a pair I got.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're white because I wanted to feel like I'm in Miami, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, formal, fancy white cargo pants. But they're just you never know, you never know.
Speaker 3: Those are fresh, those are fresh.
Speaker 1: And I wear a little crop top and let my underwear band show out the top.
Speaker 2: It's ninety eight baby, where my Tommy figures, let's get that Backstreet boys running?
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking like a Leah you know. Yeah, I tried to. I tried on a pair of cargo pants that I thought looked cool, took a picture, said it to my wife, was like, are cargo pants like coming back? She was like, just a one word, no, period, that's the wrong question.
Speaker 3: You're at you think it wrong, it's back if it's if you if you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was our cargo pants coming back into our life as a couple.
Speaker 2: And She's like, I spent many years trying to get you to stop wearing them, but.
Speaker 1: You can fit three natty lights in each part, all right. Jordan Neely was murdered. So that's the first line everybody that yes, he was an unhoused man who was bothering people in the subway and a former marine came up and choked him to death, and so that that marine is was was finally arrested after a long period of the police not doing anything and giving him the benefit of the doubt and a lot of people behind the scenes being like they're treating him like he's a cop, like he's also a copy. They finally arrested him, and that has turned this guy into like the new Kyle Rittenhouse.
Speaker 2: It seems sadly because of Jordan Neely's race and you know where he was in our social class system, he was expendable and basically his entire life was reduced to the description now that we see a lot of like hostile homeless man or aggressive unhit whatever they're trying to do to make him seem other than who he was. They're not saying he's a quote human being that has been failed by this country like millions of others. He's not a quote charismatic performer who brought smiles to people's faces. No, his existence basically served as a reminder to those more fortunate around him that the world they lived in was hostile and violent and they really wanted nothing to do with that uncomfortable truth, and that discomfort around knowing that we are failing and we can do so much better was justification for his death. And nothing changes in this country really, just the way we talk about the problems change at best, and the discourse isn't about how we've failed to address inequality or how you know the all this like social safety nets are in like social programs in New York and housing programs have been just obliterated by the mayor. No, it's about the murder service as a marine or Neely's rap sheet and how like are just completely slandering him and making things up, like about like kidnapping someone, which there's no evidence to support these claims, but they're they're flaring up all on the right side of things, the standard bullshit.
Speaker 1: Any time any black man has murdered, the media, especially on the right, goes into overdrive too. Yeah, or or even find the pictures that show him the version that they want that their their viewers want to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or in the center left, I mean's just the status quo. Like yeah, I mean he was you know, he was homeless and he was weird, so right, you know what, Like that's kind of like it's like shrugging the equivalent of shrugging. But yeah, like you said, he's now been charged with secondary manslaughter and he's a fucking here.
Speaker 1: His lawyers set up a fucking crowdfunding campaign. They've already raised two million dollars for this fucking guy, and donations are coming in from people like kid Rock, like Timpoole and gop President so hopeful vivid Ramaswami like they're given tens of thousands of dollars. They're calling this man a hero, and some people are calling him the Subway Good Samaritan because he I'm sorry, I don't I don't need to get biblic all up in here. But did these fucking troglodytes even know what the fucking parable is about? Because let me just I'll run it down because I was inundated with this kind of shit when I went to school, even though I'm not a religious person. A Jewish man gets beat up and robbed and left for dead on the side of the road. His own people walk by him and could give a fuck about his condition because they are like grossed out. He looks like dirty and hurt and they're like, oh, I don't want to think about that. Like that's the thing. Like stories like this get like broken down, the like three beat cartoons where you're just like and then the evil people walked by and it's like, no, this is the sort of shit that you do every day, that we do every day day. In this country, and like you would ignore it because it reveals something uncomfortable about your world, and like the shit that we swallow on a daily basis just to get from one minute to the next. Right, and then the Samaritan who comes by, Just for context, the Jews and Samaritans had fucking beef during this period, okay.
Speaker 2: And Samaritans are the more oppressed group actually, So this Samaritan stopped by and helps someone that was not only in like a higher class so to speak, but also his enemy culturally, right, and help them. So the only way Neely's killer is a good Samaritan Samaritan is if the parable was about the Samaritan killing this dude on the side of the road because he was getting weirded out by how fucked up and desperate he was, and he killed him so other people wouldn't have to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not what it's about. I have to deal with the discomfort of him asking them for help, right, because that's his crime. Right. He was saying, I need I need food, I need shelters. I have no options. I don't care if I die. I don't care if I go to jail for life, arm to die that was like one of the things he said, and he and the violence that he committed was what taking his jacket off.
Speaker 2: And throwing it on the ground. Yeah, and so who who is this? Who is who are we helping here?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like because if it were true to the like idea or the spirit of this parable, maybe this person would have saw Jordan and Neelay said Hey, it sounds like you need some help. Can I help you? Like, do you need some food? Can I is there a way for me to do that? That's that would actually be more you know, in line with the Bible. But again, the right has done a fantastic job of like sanctifying white supremacy and the status quo, like using bullshit terms and like evoking the Bible like this.
Speaker 1: So and sadly, in this weird retelling of it, I guess the person that needed help was just the status quo. You know, Neely wasn't armed, Like yeah, I don't, I don't know who the so the victim was the ground, I don't know who he's who is committing violence against? But again, jacket and they don't like when you commit property crimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so I guess in this case, the status quo is to just ignore or treat the needy, or treating the needy with suspicion.
Speaker 1: And so he did just that and now he's a hero. And just for just to kind of juxtapose these two things, there is a crowdfunding there's a GoFundMe fundraising campaign for Jordan Neely's family. It has less than one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. And the other guy, the one for the bucking guy who murdered him, has two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Two million, yeah, two million, And I mean it just shows you like where again, like when these campaigns kick off, like where the empathy is going clearly because again for the right, this is like the new Kyle Rittenhouse, because we're with Kyle Rittenhouse gave everybody the sort of ability to be like, well, they shouldn't be protesting out there, you know, yeah, yeah, against like you know, against the police, violence or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what you get. Now it's sort of like, well you shouldn't be homeless in public, yeah, and freaking people out because that's where you could end up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like empathy for rage is a real blight. The concept of like they're they're feeling empathetic towards a person, this hero, because it's a placeholder for everything that the right wants to point out. This is what you're angry about. This is what do you have these you know, preconditions or thoughts that are, like you think this about the universe? Isn't that doesn't that make you angry that this person or this person gets this or this or this or acts this way and can get away with it or whatever. And they like use that as a way to rage bait everyone into feeling empathy. It's like, what what a hack? Like what a I can't believe that humans fall for this shit and it really sours you on any hope that empathy will like take over. But ultimately it's just this narrative building that like they're just playing, they're just playing the numbers and just trying to get what they want because they know there's an audience for it. You can tell that that's true just because like these people are called hero before you know, or they're they're called a victim, or they're called you know, like a monster before they're any number of these people you know what, on either side, they're called these things because before there's even a check on who this person was. Why, because if it's a narrative for you know, the right to say this is what happened, this is this is a way and to get get my people to get angry. And that's just I don't know, I just don't know how that's any way too. There's a lot of pain here. There's just too much pain.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and it just sort of furthers how quickly things can escalate to violence right where it's just like the shorthand for this is like you know in Kyle Rittenhouse case, like yeah, I don't know, you want to you want to step up and speak out against something like you're gonna get hurt? Yeah, Like it just is like that's how those people think.
Speaker 2: Well that what did you expect being out there against They're gonna shoot you in the eye and that's why are you out there? Or in this case, well, you know what happens, you're acting weird in public because you have no other recourse except to disintegrate in public because you have no place to give no help.
Speaker 1: Oh that yeah, that's what happens. Yeah, I mean, as we have to like swallow more and more like just gruesome trade offs as part of our reality, like of the consequences of the current paradigm of like you know, late stage capitalism become like more and more obvious. Like people like I think the empathy for impotent rage, Like everybody is feeling impotent rage. It's just whether they know what they should be angry at and about. And so it makes sense to me that the target of the rage for a lot of people is going to be people who, either by existing or by protesting by saying things, call out the things that you are having to ignore and like just filter away through dissonance and transference and like other like just mental calorie burning, like ignorance. That like the people who are reminders of that process that's happening in almost everyone in the Western world, those people will be targets because yeah, that everyone's feeling like a simmering impotent rage, and there's you know, rather than realizing and like doing something that could harm their day to day lives, they would rather just kind of be part of the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please just get rid of any reminder of it. Yeah, I don't want to hear about racism, So don't fucking teach my kids about it. Because I don't want to hear it about it about it anymore. And the same thing with people who are so uncomfortable by the unhoused, and it's happened so much in LA especially the way people talk is so fucking disturbing of just like, I mean, I don't know why they have to be here, yes, like why do they have to be there?
Speaker 1: What? I don't even know? What? What?
Speaker 2: Give me some context? What do you think is happening with this person that they like that again, that their mere existence is so uncomfortable for you that the solution is I don't please just round them up, sweep them away. I cannot be reminded of this. And it's just really Yeah, it's disheartening because yeah, some people, when that four comes in the road, they know, you know what, I can only imagine what it takes to end up like that. A few few things go wrong in your life, and very quickly you could end up on the streets.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Like, if that's real to you, then you might have more empathy because you can understand how someone like that exists.
Speaker 1: But if you are completely removed for that or don't want to even you know, it's because it's probably frightening to someone to be like, holy shit, I could find a few wrong things, a few things go wrong in my life, and I could end up on the street.
Speaker 3: That's fucking terrifying.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about that. Get this motherfucker who's the reminder of that grim reality out of my face?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people don't see people as people, but rather as landscapes, part of the setting a prop. You know, it's like the second you start doing that and you're saying like, oh, I only feel the effects of you as a person. I don't actually see you as a person. It's so easy to go down like a I assume it's so easy to go down this like rabbit hole of you know, I don't. I don't believe that anyone other than me and the people who look like me are justifiable in any of our actions. These people need to be gone or whatever. I just don't see how that logic computes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back and talk about a product that's gonna help us put the blinders on literally, folks. It's coming from Apple, and it's got that will It will block unhoused people from your actual view as you're walking through the city. That could be the killer app they're looking for. Well be and we're back. And so Apple's expected to release some goggles that are called Reality pro oh it toror give me that fucking feeding tube of black mirror actually happening.
Speaker 3: Right, humans centipede me up.
Speaker 1: So these are goggles that are going to everyone's raving about how they far exceed everyone else's VR device and they have an augmented reality feature. That is the thing that kind of caught my attention because some people are speculating that they will actually like this product will eventually replace our iPhones because it just puts all of the information that you typically use your iPhone for, puts it right in front of your eyes basically like gives you augmented reality terminator vision, And like how does it do that by like adding things to like glasses? No, it actually like the goggles are opaque like VR headset, but they have cameras. So oh it's like, have you ever been in like a car with one of those rear view mirror cameras? Like the rear mirror is replaced by like a little the rear view mirrors. It's like a screen. You mean the rear view mirror is I've seen that, but i'ven't actually driven one, but you know it's talking about Yeah, yeah, like that's it feels like it's that. But for all reality, you just have into a screen.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I want them also to like cover your ears and then have speakers in them, you know, yeah gloves gloves that like are haptic feedback. So let's just like eliminate all the senses and replace it with like a surrogate.
Speaker 1: Right, and I'm all about yeah, and then like put the different So like people are saying, like the problem with this being revolutionary is like one, it costs three thousand dollars, which is well above the price point of everything else. But I guess that hasn't focked Apple in the past. I love a consumer purchase that makes you the easiest target for robbery. I know, I will take you know what I mean? That is like always that three K heads I'm like a three K headset watch. I'll sneak up behind you and just.
Speaker 3: That you don't even need to sneak why punch him in the stomach and.
Speaker 2: Or there's a delay even if you're coming from the front the delay by half a second.
Speaker 1: Ship. But it's so like the thing with VR. The people are like it just they haven't created their killer app yet, Like there's just it's just for gamers. It's like a fun thing to play video games with. But like in terms of wider adoption, it just hasn't like broken through, right, And I don't expect Apple to be the place that like figures that out right. But the augmented reality, like like one of one of the images from the Daily Mail article about this is like, you know, showing how walking directions could be displayed on a screen in front of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh like Google maps kind of like yeah, in a few in a few meters, you're going to turn it right here at this hour, right kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And with like facial recognition technology, Like I could see a world where like now you have the database of everyone you've ever met, and like can have context for that displayed on a heads up display in front of you. Like I think there is something like the future is going to involve somebody somehow inventing new senses for people that like we can add to our existing senses and like new inputs for like all all the amazing like capabilities you can have via technology, But I just I don't know, maybe this is it. You definitely look stupid wearing them and look like the biggest target on the planet for robbery or whatever. Like you're just walking around with a blank thing on your head, like right, with no peripheral vision, right although like that, like maybe it gives you eyes and back your head, like maybe it gives you extra good peripheral vision, like what yeah, I mean to your point, like it's not offering anything anyone fucking needs right now. Oh, if you have an Apple Watch, it'll that shit'll start. But if you need to like walk somewhere, like hey, turn right here, right here, right here, right here, right here, right right here, right here, I don't need to like see like the a dotted line to like where I'm going down the street to be able to make sense of that, like I have the ability to do that, or I don't need to know what time it is the upper right hand corner of my vision. But I think the.
Speaker 2: Only way I think this, like to your point, where it has all this interesting data that maybe is useful to someone in the future, where it can like you know, aggregate all this stuff together in your field of vision, Like that's probably more useful when it's something like a contact lens you put in over your eye than full on like put this mask on where I'm like sort of like losing all sense of direction or maybe not, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why you have the headset because it gives me With the iPhone, with iPad or iPod, it was like very obvious, like what like the thing they were creating was just a much better version of something that was like having all the Internet in your pocket was an amazing innovation, Like we didn't have to think up why that would be amazing for them, whereas this is like it just feels like you're heavy to do too much work for them to like come up with. Like I don't think of Apple as the place that's going to maybe like after you know, decades of development, then like things will start to become evident where where this will be useful.
Speaker 3: But my favorite thing about augmented reality is that, especially if it's in the hands of corporations like you know, Apple, it's so easy to like there's they're doing so much work on like you know, facial recognition and all this stuff. That's like a lot harder to kind of program, but it's so easy to just like see, oh there's an empty space of wall there. You know what that wall needs? Just ad for Apple products, babe. Yeah, just the world of ads is what we're going to be stepping into, right, because that's like they're gonna because it's a corporate thinking, right, how are they going to make their money back? If they're selling it at two thousand and three thousand dollars, they got to make their money back somehow, And that's going to create the true dystopian nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it'll be like just overlay it on like objects too that it doesn't think you're interacting with. Like I got hit by a I feel the latest Marvel film and a poster, but driving the goggles completely obscured it.
Speaker 1: Because they just layered an AD over that moving vehicle.
Speaker 3: Help, I can't see my wife.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about taking the goggles off? No?
Speaker 3: No, they say, on exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about Richard Dreyfus. Hey, I don't know you.
Speaker 3: Is this your king Jack?
Speaker 1: This is a This is a segment of the show Dreyfus talk that we have Monday. As we just check in with.
Speaker 3: What's the Fuss With Dreyfus.
Speaker 2: We covered his last talk with Bill Maher was really great in the last installment of this that really riven in conversation. But this time he's made his way over to the firing line, uh to talk about just all this dang inclusion going on Hollywood, and he's asked a question old Dicky dry Dry saying, hey, you you know, have have diversity measures gone too far? You know, like they're talking about and the host brings up like the Academy they're changing its rules for twenty twenty five awards that are you know, again meant to encourage more diversity inclusion.
Speaker 1: If you were trying to get a Best Picture filmed, then like maybe let's do more.
Speaker 2: Than like what we're doing, so having like at least one lead character in the movie from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group, or have thirty percent of the general ensemble cast be from at least two unrepresented groups, or how the film spokes be about a group, or like even with the crew, like the people that you hire, you know, like you can still have a very maybe white movie, but maybe have more women and you know, people of color, LGBTQ whatever, people working on the set, So then that's your way in. So Richard Dreyfus has a very interesting take on it, and we'll we'll just let him speak for himself. He's asked very like you know, the host you know, talks about these new efforts academies making and just Richard, what's what's your take on this?
Speaker 1: Let's hear from Richard himself.
Speaker 4: They make me vomit.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me let me just let me just actually give you the full context from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups. What do you think of these new inclusion standards for films?
Speaker 4: They make me vomito? Well, this is an art form. It's also a form of commerce and it makes money. But it's an art and no one should be telling me, as an artist that I have to give in to the latest most current idea of what morality is.
Speaker 3: Hmm Okay, see here's the thing you guys are missing.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: We solved racism in nineteen ninety eight with Krippendors.
Speaker 2: Try Yes, Goga bundo I believe was the tagline he said when he was a to have sex with Jenna Elfman.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, I remember the film.
Speaker 3: Well, no more introspection needed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why I know that film so well.
Speaker 2: It's I think because it was so fucked up, like when I was like, oh this could be a film like this is so this is so backwards and fucked up, like holy shit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, also commerce.
Speaker 2: But let's let's allow him to go on, because he he does raise some interestingnother by the way.
Speaker 1: I do. I do love just his reduction of diversity and truth and storytelling through like actually giving alternate points of view, involvement in the industry as being like he dismisses it as like the latest fed in morality, like right, right, right, real. This is where this is where he really brings it home. And I think this is where I have to agree with him, like for all the nonsense racist talk of earlier, just you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm just leave me alone. I'm a boomer actor. I think I think he really makes a really good case this.
Speaker 1: Next talking point, and by he digs even fucking deeper.
Speaker 3: Let's go deep.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry, I don't think that there's a minority or a majority in the country that has to be catered to like that. You know, Laurence Olivier was the last white actor to play.
Speaker 1: Othello in blackface, and.
Speaker 4: He did it in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Five in blackface.
Speaker 4: And he did it in blackface. Oh and he played a black man brilliantly. Am I being told that I will never have a chance to play a black man with someone else being told that if they're not Jewish they shouldn't play the Merchant of Venice? Are we crazy?
Speaker 3: Are we crazy? Entitled already?
Speaker 1: It's just like his perspective is you're telling me I can't put on black face if I want to. Oh no, no, no, art. I went to a costume party with a guy in the eighties and he went as Michael Jackson and it brought the house down, And you're telling me that that wasn't funny. He also has his glasses like all the way at the end of his nose, like it's so precariously there. It's just it's an interesting vibe.
Speaker 3: It's grandpa tone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah. He's also exactly like has there ever been an actor who like portrays just like such like he not not only does he seem uncool, but he also seems like an asshole, and like, just like this is exactly what I would spect from him, he's he's it's like, what about Bob feels like a documentary?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it's like like look at like Spielberg knew this immediately about the guy, like he cast him in like Close Encounters. It's like I need a man child, Like I need someone who would just get rid of their family because they have an idea, you know, like this is the kind of guy this kind of vibes he sense, right.
Speaker 1: But he had that song and his head so bad. So. Also, our writer Jam pointed out that on Twitter he's been corrected. Patrick Stewart actually played Othello in nineteen ninety seven in a production in a production with reverse casting, where he was the only white person in the cast and everyone else was black.
Speaker 2: Right, they could still maintain like the sort of the overall tension of Othello of someone who is probably an out group.
Speaker 1: Maybe say something interesting without without black face, without black face. Yeah, but are you me? It's just like the way he says, you're like, shut up, Richard Dreyfus, You're gonna vomit. It makes me want to vomit. Okay, I do think we need to add the it makes me want to vomit to like that just feels like it was he said that to make me vomit.
Speaker 3: It really does have like shock jock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they make me vomit. Okay, they make me vomit. But so uh, great defender of the status quo. And obviously, I mean, why didn't he bring up Robert Downey juniors? I mean, wow, you're have you? Richard Dreyfuss really isn't even up on all the modern blackface. You know, Jimmy Kimmel is Karl Malone. That's right, you know, some of the greatest performances we've ever seen from idiots sh rocking recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you telling me that I would not be able to play Draymond Green if I wanted to in his biopic. No, I reject that notion. I'm an artist.
Speaker 3: I can kick with the best of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, this wokeness is a problem that you're going to ignore until it swims up and bites you on the asp.
Speaker 3: Or I die or I or I.
Speaker 1: Just die and go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop being so fussy, fussy old dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is dread well. Yeah, he doesn't seem like he's He seems dusty, and he's seen a lot of moisture.
Speaker 2: Like when he talks like it's like when you eat a bunch of saltines, like just a dust company because your mouth can't absorb.
Speaker 3: Part mummy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing the gradual natural mummification process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he shout out to art though also watching the I was looking at like Olivier as a fellow.
Speaker 1: My god, y'all, it ain't. Oh, it's not that you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like mid, like so many people have done Othello really well it's pretty mid.
Speaker 2: Oh it's mid as fuck. And then you just can't get past the black face. It's like so bad. You're like, I'm sorry, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Me general, no matter that fucked so has set me on the rack. I'm sorry, looks like a fuck. How about this right here? Oh my god, fare well content. Oh it's straight up like the walls. It's like shoe grease. It's like black face. Oh yeah, it ain't. It ain't like here's a skin tone. Right.
Speaker 2: They're like, how about we how about we take a bunch of lead pencil shavings and use that as your foundation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the ship from like al Jolson, Like it looks like that. Yeah, yeah, it's black face, darling, and I will have you no farewell troops, and the big walls that make.
Speaker 2: Yes amazing makes me vomit, Yeah, makes me vomit. The nets could go over eighty two. And I'm smiling at you like that shit's gravy because me and my nah nice fellows in Paris.
Speaker 1: Okay, I couldn't go that far. I'm sir, Lawrence. Come on, well, a such a pleasure having you on the daily's like geist, where can people find you? Follow you, find out more about your movie all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't mind, I just want to talk about, you know, the movie a little bit. Yeah, yeah, because that's like where people can find me and stuff. But yeah, like he said, my name is Abe Epperson. My writing partner is Michael Swain, who I believe is on tomorrow and we're making an independent film. And it's based on the time that Michael's father came out as a gay furry while he was a teenager.
Speaker 1: And for Michael was a teenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael, when Michael was a teenager. Semi autobiographical. Yeah, And if you don't know, the term furry describes a community of fans like artists, gamers, et cetera. Of anthropomorphized animals. Often they create what's called a persona, which is an avatar or an identity that represents their true self. And it's a community that has been like bullied by the online zeitgeist more or less portrayals and media and such, and we thought humans could be better, So we decided to write a coming of age comedy drama that deals with like family, subculture, sexuality. And if you've heard of our stuff, Cracked or small beans are way back in the day at those aren't muskets. We've been working with each other for like, you know, fifteen years at this point, and you be interested in the fact that we're producing this as a feature independently and you can help. So if you go to Seedenspark dot com, slash fund, slash Papa hythen bear hopefully that will be in the show notes. You can become a part of the movie, get stuff from the movie, watch the movie early, go to a premiere. So yeah, visit the page and help us out. We really are trying it. We're trying to make a movie, and I hope you agree that this is like a story worth telling. That's kind of it. That's my plug for Papa Bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so excited for it. Everybody should go check out the page. Do you guys like link off to any of the old stuff that you directed at crack, Like, there's so much good shit.
Speaker 3: That it's tough to pick them. The like we do have kind of landing YouTube video when you go to that link where it's kind of has some clips show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Other than that, Yeah, there's so much stuff. We made like five hundred sketches and I wasn't even the only one directly correct, you know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: It was crazy how much we put out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Well go check it out. We'll link off to it in the footnotes. Abe, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: A work of media?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Can be a sweet Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's there's a video I saw it on Twitter account called note context Humans, which is just like an aggregator of random images and videos from the internet. And so it's just this like minute long video. This guy has like a mini like I guess, like a foot long wheel of fortune wheel with like a dollar amounts on it, you know, and he approaches a woman and He's like, do you want twenty dollars or do you want a chance to win a thousand dollars by spinning this wheel? She's like spin the wheel and does, and then the rest of the minute long video is just the wheel spinning, and then it spins, and it spins, and then it starts to slow down, and then it starts to speed up, and then it picks up so much momentum that you think the thing is going to break.
Speaker 5: And she's just sitting there looking at it while he's like, yeah, it's still going. It's one of the dumbest, like most simple minded, mischievous things to do, like and it's like kind of like a parody of like those prank videos.
Speaker 3: What a waste of everyone's time. Yeah, so I don't know, I could, I could send you the link to the video, but honestly, it's just enjoyable to know that there's people out there doing nonsense like that.
Speaker 1: Complete dum nose.
Speaker 3: That's probably last time I left. It's like, really really hard. That's something that the Internet dropped at my doorstep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you? Is there a work media you've been enjoying? Uh? Find me on at symbol based websites at Miles of Gray Chances. I'm there, I somewhat posting every now and then.
Speaker 2: You can also find me and Jack on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad mat Booties and what else.
Speaker 1: For twenty Day Fiance was Sophia Alexandro. We talk about reality shit, you know, just getting in there. Some tweet I don't really know. There's one tweet I liked just because it was raising an interesting point as somebody who was just in a hotel recently and they're like, and if you'd like, you know, housekeeping, it could be deferred. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: This is a tweet from at Blue Steel, DC tweeted sharing an important message from the hotel workers unions. Don't defer daily cleaning when staying in a hotel basically because it has a terrible impact on the people that actually do the jobs, because that allows them to cut back and they do this thing of like, you know, for COVID reasons, but really it could you know, has the impact of like reducing the workforce by like thirty nine percent in some instances.
Speaker 1: And when you don't, when you have like deferred housekeeping, the people who have to clean up the rooms. Typically walk into rooms that are way more fucked up if they had been like lightly taking care of like every day, but they still have the same amount of time to turn over a room, which makes their jobs much harder. So just something to note as we, you know, we enter this new era of like things that are changing since the pandemic began. But yeah, don't doway with those differen things, please, yeh yeah, all right, tweet I've been enjoying. So Noah Garfunkel responded, so Bryan Stelter reported from CNN after the Trump thing, quote from I guess it's the new head of CNN. You do not have to like the former president's answers, but you can't say that we didn't get them. Caitlin pressed him again and again and made news, made a lot of news, and that is our job. And no Garfunkle quoted that and said, doctor, I made a lot of cancer. That is my job. And then PJ Adans continued his string of great tweets about Walgreens and CVS said at Walgreens, I'm getting major CVS vibes from this place. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zekeist dot com where we post our episodes and our foot notes. No link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. What was a song that we think you might enjoy? Miles, what's the song that we think people might enjoy? The weather has been heating up in La thank God. Although I do try to wear my rain hat in the eighty five degree heat. It's not a great combination.
Speaker 2: But in the heat, like the inside of that hat, yeah, no, it's like more of like a sauna on the inside of that coff And my head looks like a like a thumb that's been in like a bathtub for too long.
Speaker 1: It looks like Shane Battier's the top of head for those that can understand that reference. But yeah, this is a track by this artist Month's Anita, who is like a Peruvian Cumbia artist from like the sixties and like kind of the psychedelic wave of Cumbia that was happening in Peru. And this is a very dope track. It's called Andino A N D I N O and the full artist name is Manzanita Isunto and it's just just great. It's like great music when you're outside because it makes you want to like have your shoulders just kind of bouncing as you walk around. I don't know how to describe it, but it's just great atmospheric music for when the weather's form, and Cumbia in general is fantastic. So check this out. This is Manzanita with Andino. All right, well, we'll link off of that in the footnotes. The Daily Zeik is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then