Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you.
Speaker 1: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. Gilmore Girls Gazette is back at it again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, by their way. When is it twall? It's like any second.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're just thim me for a loop. I'm gonna have to google it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So it's like in a day.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's this week.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, so I've got two homework assignments because I failed you, Danielle. I have not watched The John Ham Show yet, even though I know everybody in the group text that it's like really good.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't watch it either. It does not appeal to me.
Speaker 2: But oh I love the premise. I'm totally into it now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jackie, did you watch it? Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: So. It's basically like when you reach the top of your game, everything just falls. So he becomes this big New York financier guy, loses his job because he sleeps with somebody under him. But it wasn't old time, so and then he's he's divorced and because.
Speaker 2: His boy starts robbing people, slept.
Speaker 3: With his correct Yeah, and then he starts robbing people because they don't even notice they have a two hundred thousand dollars watch in their.
Speaker 2: So Jackie question, should we watch it do? Is it good?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I liked a first episode like whatever, because it's kind of just reaffirming that money is never enough and you're not it's not going to bring you happiness. It's like reaffirming that. Also, like there's little tidbits of like him with his sister that's like, oh, he takes care of his sister.
Speaker 2: And then okay, so he's not an all around bad guy. He's got some redeeming qualities.
Speaker 3: Some redeeming qualities. It took a little bit to get it took the second episode to get to that, you know, but then you see you his parents in the second episode, and you're just like, okay, but I don't mind it. I like, I think John Ham does a good job in it.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna give it a try. So this I like her. So okay, So we've got two homework assignments this week for next week at twelve and what is it called? It's not called lovers and friends? What's the John Ham Show called your friends and neighbors, your friends and neighbors, lovers and friends, your friends and neighbors. Got it, got it? Got it? Well, Danielle. The one thing that's pretty exciting is Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino did like a huge interview with CBS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I mean, what kind of revelations did we get?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they're obviously talking about it twelve right, so that's their their main thing. The thing that the thing that kind of annoyed me is, oh, yeah, just because I think it's a cop. I hate when people do this. They asked Amy to like basically like rank Rory's boyfriends, and she goes, I'm.
Speaker 2: De Rory now. But I didn't see the whole thing, so I'd love to know more. But the part I did see was that Dan Palladino admits he's a comp he is a combination of lou and Rory.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: That was juicy. I was like, Okay, that's pretty juicy. Is there anything else Gilmoury in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Amy says that she sees herself in both Lauraa and Rory.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all right.
Speaker 1: We get kind of obvious.
Speaker 2: And then she says, oh, they're still mad about bunheads. I know, were we? Girl? So are we?
Speaker 1: They're mad about bunheads. But Amy talks about what was happening in her life when she got the job for Gilmore Girls, and she was not the job for Gilmar Girls because she wrote it, but where she began writing Gilmargirls. And she had said that she just got out of a soul crushing job and Dan told her to take some prozac and just write, and that's how Gilmore Girls came about.
Speaker 2: Whoa wow?
Speaker 1: All right? And she the one thing that she said was that the bond between women is better than any romance, which is basically the theme of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, I mean it was a good interview. I think I think it was good. I I'm so sorry you guys. I got I have to tell you the truth. I have to tell you the truth. I'm gonna have to force myself to watch you to all.
Speaker 1: I know, I am like not into it. Also, I have to I just blurred two interviews together.
Speaker 2: Oh it was CBS and what was the other one?
Speaker 1: E News? E News was the one where she said and Kim Rari.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was boring.
Speaker 1: But the one thing about E News that I think we need to discuss is they ranked the Gilmore Girls couples in order.
Speaker 2: Read him off.
Speaker 1: Okay at number nineteen.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've had this before.
Speaker 1: But read them number nineteen, meaning the lowest of the total pool lore Lion Digger, then Dean and Lindsay, lore Lion Max, Madina, Luke and Nicole.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, pause, lore Lion Max should be way I agree, way above Luke and Nichole exactly. Luca Nicole should be lowest possible, not even on the list.
Speaker 1: Wait fifteen Paris and Astra Fleming.
Speaker 2: How well, here's my take on that juicy storyline.
Speaker 1: I know, but not above lore Lion Max. Correct even argue Lord Lion Digger were better than Dan and Lindsay and Luca and Nicole totally.
Speaker 2: Lorleon Digger were like that was that had some good stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Rory and Tristan, which someone will argue we're never a couple. Luke and Rachel, I mean none and should.
Speaker 2: Be way higher, totally higher.
Speaker 1: Kirk and Lulu, Hi, Lanne and Dave. I like the there, I like the Layne and David.
Speaker 2: About where they should be. Frankly, they're one number, They're like number ten.
Speaker 1: It's about right. At number nine Laurline, Christopher, eight, Paris and Doyle.
Speaker 2: They should be higher. This is all this list is all out of it.
Speaker 1: But then you realize, oh, they can't be higher than the following except for maybe this one. Number seven bet Bet and Maury love them. Then they rank Rory and the boys. So number six, Rory and Dean, five, Rory and Logan, I'm sorry, or Rory and Jess. Those are in the correct order.
Speaker 2: No, but they should be way. Look, I love Suki and Jackson, but I'm sorry. Rory and all the boyfriends should be higher than Suki and Jackson.
Speaker 1: I would say it should be at number six, Suki and Jackson at number.
Speaker 2: Oh, number one and two. I'm sorry, I just glanced ahead. This is going to be a tough one.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on here here what I have to say. So at number six, I think it should be Rory and Dean, number five, Suki and Bason, number four Rory and Logan, or five Rory and Logan, four, Rory and Jess. I feel like Suki and Jackson. Okay, got behind Jess.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I agree with that. I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: And then obviously that leaves the final two and I'm brod to I'm gonna no, it's not a problem. I agree with it at number two Luke and Lauraai, and at number one Richard and Emily.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it should just be a tie. A tie. I would have been okay with a tie. No, you have to pick for me, Luke and lauraliar above Emily and Richard.
Speaker 1: I I actually with this article, and I say, Richard and Emily, that's fine.
Speaker 2: We can totally agree to disagree. That's what makes the world go around. But for me, no, it's Luke and Laura Lai. Fair enough. Well, you guys tell me, you know what I just realized Luke and Laura. Do you know does that mean anything to you? I was today years old when I realized Luke and Laura they were this very very very major. I think all my children couple, maybe Joe Hospital one of them. I'm sorry, I think it's General Hospital. Maybe No, it's all my children. I don't know. I'm going back. Luke and Laura sound so much like Luke and Laura Lie. I never really today, so I found something fun on Instagram that because it was Easter. I never realized how many times Easter was mentioned and going.
Speaker 1: For a lot of times. I saw that TikTok and it went on for five minutes.
Speaker 2: I felt like we never really celebrated Easter, but yet Easter got mentioned a lot of times.
Speaker 1: We never saw Easter.
Speaker 2: No, we never had never starn and stars hollow, we never had a big old bunny nothing. And I love Easter. What's your favorite between Christmas, Halloween, Easter?
Speaker 1: Give me those three Christmas than Easter then Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Chris, I'm pretty tight on They're all kind of equal to me. But Christmas, then Easter and Halloween are kind of tied. I love Fourth of July. I know it's not like it's so random. Yeah, I just think it's such a fun one barbecue, everyone's in a good Yeah, it's like just a good time like Memorial Day, but I like Fourth of July better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day pretty good.
Speaker 1: Valenti's taste is good, not mad at it, not mad at it. But back to the Easter and Gilmore girls. Should we run through some of the the mentions? Obviously, everyone if you don't remember this. It was one of the funniest things when Kirk on the town was felling like ryten eggs.
Speaker 2: Because Kirk that's right, there was an Easter egg hunt.
Speaker 1: Ish but we never saw it. We never saw it.
Speaker 2: Just that he couldn't find the eggs, so they're all starting to smell.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: What were some other Easter mentions?
Speaker 1: I know, Guy asking Taylor if it's okay for a jew to hunt Easter eggs. Rory telling Logan she isn't into birthday yet she wears bunny ears on on Easter. There were a bunch more. There was one where the Lane and her band were practicing and they opened up the garage doors and there's like.
Speaker 2: Becore. Yeah, we should on Instagram give credit. We'll post this and give credit to whoever put it together.
Speaker 1: But it's a good five it compilation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well played whoever did it.
Speaker 1: But somebody said one of our pridishers wrote this, which I thought was kind of funny. The fact that Easter was mentioned so many more times than Lane's.
Speaker 2: That is funny. Like laneestack hat like two mentions and Easter got like eleven. Yeah, but Lane's dad is in the movies. Which I say, I'm glad they did that. Yeah, sure, I did not know this next story about Martha Stewart. You guys, do not move. You're gonna want to know this. Maybe you do. You do it, Danielle, give it okay.
Speaker 1: So if you remember Michelle had in the show and they were named Chinchin and Papa. What we didn't connect at that time was the fact that Martha Stewart's dogs are named Chinchin and Papa.
Speaker 2: It is so like, I'm mad at myself that I didn't know, because it makes it that much better that he named his dogs after Martha Stewart's dogs.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a chowchow?
Speaker 2: Is that what Chinchin and Papa are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not in real life?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. My grandparents had chowchows and they had a litter. Yeah, and they had a litter.
Speaker 2: And they're like were they named Chinchin and Papa.
Speaker 1: And they were not. But they're just like these like fluffy little bears. They're just so cute.
Speaker 2: May I shout out though to Martha Stewart, dang girl, you're eighty and you look oh mad.
Speaker 1: We all need to drink whatever Martha's drinking.
Speaker 2: She looks so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks good. She looks good, like go Martha. She's also like yushing it in her like in her attitude.
Speaker 2: You know, so she is crushing.
Speaker 1: And I know this because ironically, because of our job, our normal jobs outside of this recording this podcast, we just go to events.
Speaker 2: For iHeart and she crushes jingle balls.
Speaker 1: At this New York jingle ball event, and Amy booked Martha Stewart to present, and Martha brought all her grandchildren there was like twenty.
Speaker 2: Think they're not all hers. I think it was friends. I think she has like one or two, but.
Speaker 1: I know some of her grandchildren were there.
Speaker 2: Oh they were. I think one or two. Yeah they were. And I just and she does it all for them, Like that's why I love her.
Speaker 1: All for them, Yes, all for them. But my favorite part of it all was just looking at her being like you are a grandma? You do you are not? You do not give grandma energy like she was.
Speaker 2: Like sassy, looking amazing, look great, cruising around.
Speaker 1: And she's If you ever if you ever think why do Snoop and Martha hang out together, I'm telling you you have to like see how Martha carries herself. She has so much swag and you just it just makes sense, It just makes sense.
Speaker 2: I love her. I enjoyed this news. I'm sorry to have my trivia cards, really sorry. And I don't have the Monopoly either, but soon we will play Monopoly and I have my trivia cards.
Speaker 1: Monday, when Amy's actually home.
Speaker 2: I'm on the road, on the road.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's the news.
Speaker 1: And that's the news, everybody, And don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.