Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren can't even hot.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, it's Lauren l Rosa and this is the latest with Laura lo Rosa. This is everything pop culture, entertainment, news exclusives, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Now starting off with the behind the scenes of the Grind check in, because low riders, y'all know how we do. We be moving, moving, moving, grinding, grinding, grinding, and don't never take a second, don't never take a beat for ourselves, the really tapping feed on grass.
Speaker 1: See how we feel in this morning or today.
Speaker 2: If I'm checking in behind the scenes of the Grind, I.
Speaker 1: Am feeling rest or anticipation.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's an anticipation of rest because we do have a break coming up for the holiday, for the fourth of July holiday, which means I will not have to wake up every morning to come into the breakfast club, so that three thirty four am alarm baby shut off. I am so excited for that. So I'm anticipating being able to have I'm still have an alarm because you know, I got things going on during the week. We'll still be in court until durid deliberations are over, but it won't be no four am. God is good. Can we put a little church shop right here, some tambourine, some something, because God is so good When you get a week to not wake up at three four o'clock in the morning, Lord, I am so grateful.
Speaker 1: But God, you know I'm going to enjoy this break.
Speaker 2: Now, getting on into the latest huge story yesterday, major story in a winter, Oh my God, and a Winterur is stepping away or stepping down from her position at Vogue as editor in chief after thirty seven years in this position. Man, the Queen of Fashion, the Queen of Fashion houses, the queen of fashion at a two and a Wintoru style icon and a win tour, has decided. After thirty seven years of running the fashion world with her trailblazing vision and you know all of the the the resources and you know the direction that she's been able to provide via Vogue, she she's gonna take a step back now. She's not gonna completely be doing like nothing right like this is. I don't think a person that has been as active and uh, you know, as influential as an and a Wintor could honestly just take a step back, fully like like fully.
Speaker 1: Retire, do nothing type of thing.
Speaker 2: So of course it wasn't a surprise to hear that she won't just be doing anything, right, So, what she's gonna actually do is she is going to remain as Conde Nast Global Chief Content Officer. You know, she still will also be Vogues Global editorial Directors, so she'll still have a hand in things and a hand in the game a bit, but it will be very different than how we've been used to seeing her now. And what that means for all of the people who are not into fashion, who you know, this has nothing y'all, like, well, why does this have anything to do with us?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: This means that as content as Chief Content Officer, she will oversee various different brands under Content n Ass. So Content as is like the parent company Condey n Ask is like iHeart for radio stations, right, so it's the parent company under Conde Nash. You have Wired, you have Vanity Fair, you have GQ magazine, you have Conde Nash Traveler, you have Glamour magazine, Allure and a few other outlets, so she'll still be overseeing content across all of those platforms under Conde nas which is the parent company, but she just will no longer be editor in chief at Vogue. Now people are like, what is an editor in chief's role? If you're the editor in chief, you are like very highly ranked. Now there is is very much so a ranking system in the fashion world, and baby the people respected.
Speaker 1: Editor in chief is the highest.
Speaker 2: Rank editor editorial professional at a publication, So you oversee the entire editorial processing team everything from you know, what will the clothes be in the stories we tell? To what are the stories? To who are the stories? To how we're telling the stories, to what the art looks like the artists like the photos, and putting that full vision together of the magazine and how it is conveyed for the month to your readers. But also you know, there's Vogue dot com as well too, so then there's that digital element of that as well, the same thing, what's the story, who's the story, why are we doing the story? What are the assets, the photos, the videos, the feeling the texture of the story. In a winter has been able to put a lot of big names celebrities on the cover of Vogue, and there have been a lot of lists coming out of different people. She's put on Vogue number nineteen eighty nine. You have Naomi Campbell on the cover of Vogue November two thousand and one, Britney Spears on the.
Speaker 1: Cover of Vogue.
Speaker 2: You have April two thousand and eight with Lebron James and Giselle Bunchkin, who used to be married to Tom Brady. A lot of people forget that Gaselle was such a big model on the cover of Vogue. Michelle Obama in two thousand and nine on the cover of Vogue, which was a big deal because first of all, the cover read Michelle Obama, the first Lady the world's been waiting for, because you know, Barack Obama, first black president, and then you have Michelle Obama sitting next to him. But Michelle Obama was heavily critiqued and criticized for her choice of fashion while in the role of first Lady, so Vogue standing next to.
Speaker 1: Her was a big deal.
Speaker 2: This is the go to fashion platform, so that was a really big deal as well. And Michelle Obama actually did the cover two more times after that as well. She also in a win tour put Kanye West and Kim Kardashiana on the Vogue cover in April of twenty fourteen, which was a really big deal because for a long time, people in the fashion world, especially Vogue magazine, distanced themselves from people like Kim Kardashian. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian have talked about this. Kanye West has talked about a lot being able to put Kim Kardashian next to in the winter and what that did for Kim Kardashian because people looked at Kim Kardashian as like, oh, she's just a reality star. They looked down on her because of it, because reality TV was looked at as something that wasn't as valid at the time, or it was very low brow, given a little bit of ratch, given a little of the.
Speaker 1: Nass, not class.
Speaker 2: But Kim Kardashian, who was trying to carve her own lane in the fashion world, she would try, she was trying to attend these shows, she was trying to be within these inner circles. She was trying to wear these different brands, and they would be told no. Very often, she would not be invited to the shows There were even rumors that at one point in time, when Kim Kardashian would come into these elements, into these high fashion events and things of that nature, people would literally leave because they didn't want to be seen with her, especially because before the reality show part of Kim Kardashian, you know, the sex tape was the predecessor, right, so people didn't want to be seen with her. So again, Vogue putting Kim and Kanye on the cover stamped it changed Kim Kardashian's life standing next to Anna Wintor via Kanye West. Nicki Minaj has been on the cover recently. Beyonce was on the cover in twenty eighteen, and Beyonce's cover was a big deal too because she worked with a young photographer named Tyler Mitchell. I believe Tyler Mitchell was like twenty three twenty four at the time. He was twenty three years old at the time when he shot Beyonce, and he was a black photographer or he's a black photographer, not was, because he's still around. He's a black photographer twenty three years old, shot Beyonce cover Vogue Again, it's just like an official stand now the fashion houses you know, things have began to change so much over the last decade. I would say, I used to work in fashion, so I used to work with Cosmopolitan magazine. And during that time when I was there, this was a long time ago. Fashion houses and major fashion publications like a Vogue and things of that nature were so regarded that they didn't just throw their stamp on anybody, as they shouldn't. But that was a good and a bad thing. It was a good thing because you know, if you can keep the brand regarded, people always aspire to be a part of it, to want to read it, to want to understand it. But it was a bad thing because it shut a lot of people out.
Speaker 1: It shut a whole lot of people out.
Speaker 2: And when I say people, mainly people of color, black people. And this is why, you know, in twenty twenty five, even when you talk about the fashion weeks, a lot of people will say fashion week is not what fashion week used to be, where it's like you got a wait for these high brow couture house invites in order to be considered deemed somewhat important moving throughout fashion week. Now you have the brands like the LaQuan Smiths, and you know, Telfars and all these other black designers who decides ward that are doing their own shows and not in the fashion tents. The Fashion Tints is this area in New York that has coveted for fashion Week shows, and those are the shows that you want to go to if you're on that official Fashion Week list as a designer and you're under the Fashion Tints. At one point in time, that made or broke your career and your brand. Nowadays things are so much different, and I think Vague was really good at shifting, even when they leaned into the dot com and started sending next to artists, like I remember there was photos of Ice Spices and in a winterur sitting front road during the time the Ice Spice was, you know, moving around and doing her thing. There were recently photos of Tyler in a winterur, you know, and seedd together as well, like she in a winter and the team of around her has been really good at understanding when things are changing.
Speaker 1: And being able to move with the change, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what is to come next because of this, but because she's doing this, stepping away and just focusing on other things, something is to come like, she's a very strategic woman who's been very successful at influence in branding and marketing and storytelling and positioning of the magazines and the brands that she's worked with, but also of people for a.
Speaker 1: Very long time.
Speaker 2: So I kept asking my friends yesterday, like all of you know my chat where we talk fashion. They were having a conversation about it, and I'm like, but why, Like why what is happening? Because when something like this happens, she ain't doing this for no reason, So what's about to happen?
Speaker 1: A lot of people think that Edward.
Speaker 2: Any Fool may be coming in and stepping over and taking her place. Edward Inningful is the editor in chief of British Vote, which was a big deal because he was a black man, So people think that he maybe stepping in. But there's been rumored like tis tests between the two. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. It wouldn't be a bad thing for her to put a person of color, a black person in this position. It would honestly be something that would be very on brand for her and how she's been able to understand and not be tone deaf when things are happening, even though people speak otherwise of the of the outlet. Right to each his own opinion, But anyway, that's how it seems brand wise, So we'll just have to wait and see.
Speaker 1: For all my non fashioned people, I know y'all are like, who even knew? Big deal?
Speaker 2: This is like Beyonce saying she's retiring from music, y'all. This is literally the equivalent of that. All right, So I'll keep you guys posting on what comes up next. I am headed to court. Today is the second day of closing arguments the defense. Diddy's team will be presenting their closing arguments in the midst of Justin Colmb's Diddy's son being sued as well. Now there's a girl alleging that Justin COLMBS lured him to LA with promises of getting her job and entertained. But when she got to LA, she says she was kept in the house for days, and she alleges that she was raped by multiple men, including Diddy at least, you know, according to this like lawsuit, Diddy seem has come out about this and said that it was Bs. They actually said, no matter how many lawsuits are filed, it won't change the fact that mister Combs is never sexually as assaulted or sex trafficked anyone man or woman, adult or minor. We live in a world where anyone can follow lawsuit for any reason. Fortunately, a fair and impartial judicial process exists for the truth to be found, and mister Combs is confident that he will prevail in court.
Speaker 1: Now, her attorney is Tony Busby, and.
Speaker 2: You guys know that there has been a conversation around the validity of Tony Busby's filings because of the whole jay Z lawsuit dropped, and you know all those things. Y'all remember all of that. We talked a lot about that here, so we'll keep you guys posted on that. But I think a lot of people even know a lot of outlets did report on this kind of had to back away from it because a lot of things with Tony Busby, you know, are allegedly did I look in the best as far as like a lawyer and a track record because of how that jay Z Diddy sexual a SOT allegation glawsuit went where he claimed that they assaulted this woman back in two thousand, another woman at the VMA's and then jay Z came out fighting hard and blew the whole case up. Showed so many inaccuracies and so many inconsistencies that it was just it was dropped. So thank you God for tuning in. I'll let you guys know how court goes today. We should have an official start of Drury deliberations by the end up today. But again, things are moving, things change. It all depends on timing. But you know, I'll keep you guys abreast of what's going down every step of the way. At the end of the day, y'all could be anywhere talking to anybody about all these things, but y'all are right here with me. The latest with Lauren La Rosa Lowriders. I appreciate you, guys
Speaker 1: And I will see you in my next episode.