Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Friday. Everybody.
Speaker 4: Hello, you are in the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Game and got heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church, I am new he Scrugs taking you into the weekend as week number three for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Will light Wait, Light Wait take place Sunday.
Speaker 3: I don't know Ronnie Coleman can say from this week.
Speaker 4: Mister Olympia, ain't like me, Missillipia coming there on the levels.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait late, wait, let's go God have I will tell you'all. I am running Coleman story.
Speaker 3: You know what's up? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I it's embarrassing. What happened though?
Speaker 3: Work out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Hell no? You've worked out with Running Coleman?
Speaker 3: You lie?
Speaker 2: I need proof, I need pictures? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: You worked out with running? He was spotting up man? Are doing the story on run?
Speaker 2: I got it man?
Speaker 5: You know from all the muscle mags and all that. You know, Running Coleman from the muscle mags, you know, and look, you haven't worked out or ever been in the working out. Running Coleman is somebody that you know. No, like idolized Running Coleman coming up man and saw Ronnie Coleman at a Mavericks game right in front of me. He is bigger than the door he is, like, I mean, this was this was real, Running Coleman at the marriage games. I'm looking at him, He's coming right at me, and I'm like, oh my gosh, Running Coleman. First thing out of my my mouth was flex wheeler?
Speaker 3: No, how what did I do that? It was just a brain fart. Why did I do that?
Speaker 6: I called Ronnie coman flex wheeler to his face.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't even recover from it because the look he gave me was just.
Speaker 7: Like no, no, brother, anyway, Yeah that is that's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: And I did that and I'm just y'all tell Running I'm sorry, man, I can't live I can't live that down in my mind that I did that. I don't know because I knew it was you know, him and Flex were always competitors, and it just it.
Speaker 2: Just came out.
Speaker 6: I don't know, flex Wheeler. I know I'm looking at I don't.
Speaker 5: Know why pay and loud and loud, and so he's thinking you trolling him too.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you that's in his mind. He's thinking, Oh, this brother want to do that?
Speaker 5: Man close, I'm close up on him and I did that anyway.
Speaker 2: Wait, yeah, that was embarrassing. I could believe I did that. Pel he.
Speaker 3: Going about that.
Speaker 2: That's so horrible, horrible.
Speaker 5: Every time I think, every time I see him something, I'm just like, man, that's really like you hate to see It's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so embarrassing. Anyway, what your boys like?
Speaker 3: Everybody? Anybody else knows?
Speaker 2: No, I was. I was.
Speaker 5: I was by my Thank god, I was by myself. I did not have anybody with me, but it was. It was embarrassing.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: I was one of those moments that I just I can't lift that down. I can't live that down, called running Coleman flex Wheeler to his face, like wait, nothing, you just flex Wheeler. The look of disappointment probably was. I couldn't recall, Like I said, I couldn't even recover from it because I was so at that point. I just forgot his name. I was like, I know that's now Flakes Wheeler. What did I just call this.
Speaker 2: This muscle of a person?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the building anyway, we're sharing this players, louds man sharing his care.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Big game this week, Big game Baltimore at Dallas Baltimore, as we talked about all week long, owing to football team desperately needing a victory the first of the year. The Cowboys one in one, in first place right now, looking to avoid their third straight home loss, their second home loss of the season.
Speaker 3: They are in first place.
Speaker 2: They don't feel like and everything, But.
Speaker 4: You know, right now, looking at the sheet of integrity, Church, you and I are on point. We got the Cowboys one and one.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's how we had it. We had it.
Speaker 5: It's like that I'm off, just like, Okay, I figured we would be two and oh by now, but I definitely missed on that.
Speaker 3: No, Actually, Church, I had them. I thought I had them. Yeah, one on one. I had them. Now you pick, you pick Cleveland and New Orleans to beat them both? Wait till yeah, yeah, you know, so we're one in one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had I want to I'm about to say, hold on what you had them to and oh right now yeah, so right now, yeah, were on point.
Speaker 3: But this week, well okay, we'll save that for later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting, it's in it is, man, But you know we're gonna whoop that pin in the day, Bamy in the day. Vam Yeah, white out. It's all good. As long as it ends up the same way that we had in the end. That's all that matters. Okay, that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: Stat here, positive stat for Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Twenty one.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys are twelve and two following loss, a eight fifty seven win percentage in weeks following a loss that is tied with Buffalo for the best overall mark in the NFL over the last three seasons. You want a dakstat, here's a dakstat. He is twenty six and twelve in his career after a loss.
Speaker 3: So those are numbers.
Speaker 4: Those are nuggets right there. Mike McCarthy when he's been with the Cowboys, especially after that first COVID year they got rid of Mike Nolan, dude's good after loss. Dak Prescott in his career, he's good after loss. The Cowboys need to be good. They are not favored in this football game at all.
Speaker 3: Even at home sixteen game home winning street.
Speaker 5: Going, that didn't matter. Oh it didn't matter, no way right, it didn't matter. Come on, I'm sorry. I no needed Cowboys.
Speaker 3: In first place.
Speaker 2: Yes, one and one.
Speaker 4: Here it is Philadelphia one in one, Washington one in one, nine oh and two on their way to Ohen three because they got Cincinnati this week.
Speaker 3: It's Cincinnati, Cincinnati, oh two.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't gam, but I tell you that'd be a I feel real good about Cincinnati this week.
Speaker 3: So uh, there you go. We're gonna do the yetti cool customer, Okay, next seconent for me and.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for in this game. They need to not only start fast because the Cowboys are a front running team.
Speaker 3: Okay, they play well with the lead.
Speaker 2: Fact it's right.
Speaker 4: The red zone this week has to be a plus zero and three last week. I mean the red zone this week's got to be you get in there four times, you need to have three. I mean, it has to be in a plus margin this week. They cannot afford.
Speaker 3: To not be in the positive of the red zone this week. You simply cannot happen.
Speaker 7: You gotta cash in when you get to the reison because like you said, you got this team has to start fast, and this team has to get a lead on the Baltimore Ravens because if you don't, I don't get a lead, that brings everything that the Baltimore Ravens love to do into play. They can hand the ball off to Derrick Henry and milk that clock. That brings Lamar Jackson's legs into account. When Lamar Jackson plays at his worst, in my opinion, it's when he's trying to press, when he's down maybe ten points, maybe two touchdowns here and there. That's when he's starting to say, Okay, I gotta do it all on my own. I got to make everything happen. And he starts to press and go after big play after big play after big play.
Speaker 3: But if you get that early lead on him and force him to do that.
Speaker 7: If you don't get that early lead, I should say, then they can play within their offense.
Speaker 3: They can get that.
Speaker 7: Run on first down, run on second down, get it a third and five range, and then that brings everything into play. When you talk about Lamar Jackson being able to scramble and extend plays you don't want to get into that type of game with this Baltimore offense out there. You want to win first and second down and have them in those longer situations because this man is just to me, one of the most dynamic.
Speaker 3: Players in football.
Speaker 7: When you talk about a guy that can extend the play using his legs and picking up a first down for him with his legs, it's pretty easy in my opinion, and I'm not so sure we got the pieces on the defensive side to keep him under wraps in the entire time. If it's a close game, all right, So to me, you got to force this guy to beat you with his arm, and the way to do that is start fast and get these guys down by at least two touchdowns to force him to press out there. If you're able to do that, I think you got a chance. But the closer this game goes, the longer it goes that way, it favors more of the hand of Baltimore in my opinion. Well, one of our topics yesterday was, you know, Dak helped the defense, and you know that that the offense can can be the defense's best friend if they're able to have these sustaining drives and keep Lamar Jackson on the sideline drinking kool aid.
Speaker 5: If you're not doing that, he is in there. He's causing problems and doing exactly what you're talking about, running for those first downs and just those backbreaking drives that your defense has done everything that they possibly can do, and here he is on the third and six, just you know, scampering out of bounds the worst for a seven yard game and he I mean, he really does take teams apart that way. And if you look at the two games that they've lost, he still has that capability, but he's still trying to find some of his other weapons. His offensive line just doesn't have any continuity whatsoever. So you're not seeing that Baltimore running game that you used to see be successful in these first couple of games. But on the offensive side for the Dallas Cowboys, they have so much that it has been left to be desired. None of the things that you saw from last season seem to have come back with them this season. Dak and Ceedee Lamb are misfiring. We saw that several times in the Saints game. Whereas like there's a wide open Ceedee Lamb and they're missing one another. And even on the touchdown pass, it was in double coverage, a guy missed the tackle and that's how you made that happen. So this is just one of those games where Neuie I agree with you. You cannot trade field goals touchdowns with field goals. In this situation where you're getting down the red zone, you're bringing out Aubrey, those drives have to be capped off with scores. But bigger than that, you have to have that balance on offense or else. This Baltimore defense is going to absolutely come after you because what teams have been able to do versus them now is they found those weaknesses in the back end of that defense and they peel that. They pin the tail on the donkey, whether it's Humphreys the other they find a way to get open. And thing is if you get into a shootout, absolutely that's that's to me worst case scenario is a shootout. But you do know that Baltimore, being a team that has blown some fourth quarter leads, will give you an opportunity to stay in this game. So look, I'm just looking at the overall picture of the game plan that they're coming into it with this Sunday. But I absolutely know that you have to have some sustaining drives and you also have to punch that in with scores.
Speaker 7: Does Dallas have the offensive firepower to do a shootout, to make this a shootout?
Speaker 3: Yes, you believe they have?
Speaker 7: Then they can do that, all right, because we saw I mean in the Raiders they did a good job. You know you had DeVonta Ham's, but they also had that second piece, absolutely rock Bowers.
Speaker 3: You know they had.
Speaker 4: Ferguson is coming back this He won't be sitting next week. I mean this week he sat last week. Ferguson's gonna come back. I still have faith and cooks. I still do. I still have faith and cooks, especially with a thirty second ranked defense out here. You're Mike McCarthy. You've got to figure out how do we test this thing? CD Lamb is still he.
Speaker 2: Gonna be that guy.
Speaker 3: And one day, I don't know when, one day, jaylen Tobero he made he didn't make one. I give him, he.
Speaker 2: Did make one.
Speaker 3: One day, My god, that's it. You will McClay will be sitting up in the booth he did make won't play out there.
Speaker 4: Get so so you know, yes, at some point time that young man's time is going to come.
Speaker 3: But I do believe. First off, it's it's the league man.
Speaker 4: At some point in time, everybody gets by to get something popped off, especially if you're a good football team, but not a bad team.
Speaker 3: This took a lot of good player. We'll just see what they get. Correct. They've got to play in front.
Speaker 4: That that you want Lamar Jackson to have to throw the ball. That's that's what you need. That's what you want playing in front. So if they win the toss, heck.
Speaker 5: Take the ball. The ball, Hell yeah, I'm taking the ball right away.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 5: I can't afford to have my defense go out there and get scored on first drive like they did that I didn't know. I gotta build some confidence right away. I gotta get this offense going. I gotta get it going at some point, at some point, this thing has got to be firing and clicking on all cylinders, and we haven't seen it be that way. What you call us front runners, I wouldn't don't agree with that, but we gotta we gotta play with the lead. We gotta get the ball. We gotta play with the lead and we can't make it close. And it feels like to me that strategy hasn't worked best for us when we defer to the second half, Because you know, I know them, I know what the mantra is. If I can do the split as Bill, not one of them, not Bill parselves, but one of the coaches. They would always say, if I can score at the end of the half and then also score, I could double dip, you know, I could double And that's and that's and that's one of the things that coaches always look at. But I'm just saying for this team and their psyche and at home, get the crowd involved right away.
Speaker 2: Take the ball, go down and score.
Speaker 5: I just man, leading in front, Belichick is who I was trying to Belichick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leading in front.
Speaker 2: Front running.
Speaker 5: So I got it. Just like the way it sounds when you say it, dog, it just sounds.
Speaker 2: It just sounds.
Speaker 4: But that's your viewpoint, you see. It's all about the viewpoint. You need to be your advantage of your assassin.
Speaker 3: I say it.
Speaker 4: I say that as an advantage. You look at it as an assassin as a put down. It's not a put down. This is who they are when they put that pressure on you. It's tough if Dak is out there dealing with CDE Lamb and they're going and you have to figure out, how do we make sure these boys don't get away from us because they've got they we saw last year especially, they had a lot of firepower. If they can figure out the weapons a little bit better here and in Cleveland, we saw it in the first half. The second half it wasn't there. But if you can figure that out, like when Dak beat that blitz and hit Brandon Cooks, Yeah, get a couple more of these things like that, You got these long drives, finish him off in the red zone.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: Now you're talking about a different game because you want Lamar throwing forty a game like he did that.
Speaker 3: First game against Kansas City. All still almost won. But dog on it.
Speaker 4: That's what I want versus them sitting back here with it with my defense. That's I don't know if Mazi Smith is playing, Yeah, Phillip's not gonna be there, No, who knows what they're gonna line up.
Speaker 2: Man, You don't you don't agree, You don't agree with.
Speaker 7: Because I still believe the strength of this team is a defense. Even though they got they got the they got demolished. They did, I said, they got demolished in that game. But I still feel like that's the strength because when you look at it, what game so far this season has the offense performed? Like defensively, they won that game in Cleveland. I mean that that was a defensive game, defensive special team they won that game. Did they get Traunston in the same game, of course? But what game this proof time inconsistency? What game this season did the offense look good? They scored three touchdowns in what in two games? Yeah, one of four in the red zone, ten of twenty seven and third down, Like we are you trying to get a spark.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get these guys heah, let's go. We can do it.
Speaker 2: But you got it.
Speaker 7: But what have we seen on tape from this offense so far this season? That's like, you gotta start off with your strength. You gotta start off with.
Speaker 5: Those guys, right, Yeah, And I'm not even calling his strength at this point where I'm still trying to find identity and at the same time, I'm trying to find both of those things. And like what I saw last week was I saw a defense that went out there and as soon as they got scored on, hands go up. You know, it was automatically questioning and and you saw it just kind of the narrative started to just keep writing itself every each and every drive. God started to get frustrated. We've talked about Baltimore, that the scander, we talked about Baltimore. We talked about this offense, and we know how punishing Derrick Henry can be. So Derrick Henry is coming downhill and guys are like even in the first in that first drive, you're seeing the impact that Derrek Henry can have on this game. Dude, I think it would be it would demoralize them.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 5: I think inside internally, with the things that you're already talking about, you're gonna be missing uh Phillips. You're gonna be missing Mazi. I don't know if Mozzi's playing and not. There's still questions that are out there, but you're gonna be short staffed. You're bringing in a guy in Carlos Watkins that you don't you don't there's a big question mark right there and how that's going to operate. But the one thing that you do know, you have the the guy an m v p uh.
Speaker 2: Second front with not front Runner second place.
Speaker 5: From gotta We got a quarterback in Dak Prescott that you believe if he could get it going, if he could get it going, and he and he has the ability, it has the weapons. We we believe if this offense can get going, especially this running game that you need to see more from man, I think it'll do. It will do more for this for the Cowboys and their confidence.
Speaker 3: This leads us into the first break.
Speaker 2: It will come back front run for the last time. EDI Cool, It's done.
Speaker 4: Heck Maherrison, Bary Church and Lewis Scruggs players Lambs. Brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem gambling helpline at one eight hundred gambler. That's one eight hundred ga m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust block dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Rush Scott kits it slides for a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fan Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: This segment of the Players Lounge is brought to you by Yetti Yeti Official Cool Cooler and drinkwaar of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Heck Maherrison.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Barry Church for the Cowboys safety here in the Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. I am newly Scruggs. Time for the Yeti Cool customer. As the Cowboys get ready to take on the Ravens at Jerry World on Sunday three o'clock game Here all right, Church, where are you going?
Speaker 7: My cool customer has got to be none other than mister Dak Prescott. In my opinion, when you go out there, we understand what they have and offence, and we all kind of agree that there's not much juice right now outside of Ceede Lamb City. Lamb's gonna get his he's gonna get his targets, gonna get his receptions.
Speaker 2: We all saw that last week.
Speaker 7: But to me, Dak's he's gotten into that realm of quarterback where it's not good enough just to be good. You gotta be that what they love to call it, the force multiplier. You got to make those guys around you even better, all right, And we're talking about a Tolbert Cooks ferguson those individuals out there. We need him to be the quarterback to where you're looking at man Tobert may be a weapon out there. May Cooks he turned the clock back. He's got to be that guy to be a force multiplier and get everybody on the same boat and everybody going in the right direction. And that's why I think Dak Prescott's got to be that cool customer.
Speaker 5: Well, my yetti cool customer is none other than Michael Parsons, and I need him to be I need him to be the opposite of cool, actually whatever the opposite of that is. I need him to be on fire in this game. I need him to be all over the field. And I think when coach Zimmer came in and he got an opportunity to get, you know, obviously get his hands on this defense, he recognized the kind of talent that he had on it on the outside, recognizing that he needed some different things to happen in the interior. And that has been blaring since the last game. He knows it, and I think he's trying to make adjustments for it. But if Michael Parsons isn't affecting offenses in the way that they know that they maneuver in the pocket, or at least changing the pocket or at least changing the way that they run at him, nothing is going to be effective. Because I feel like this defense goes as he goes, and if he is the one in there being that force multiplier, he is the guy that's calling on Osa, Diggie Zool and Tank is doing his job as well. All of those guys get an opportunity. Once they get that sack, once they get an interception, you just feel the whole energy of the defense start to rise, and he has to be the catalyst for this. One of the things that I don't want to admit it, just agree to that you said about Michaeh is the fact that you look at these other guys around the league and look at how they're impacting these games two and a half, in some games three and a half with other players, and these thy four excuse me, they start to add up and you're like, damn, you go back and look at the tapement. How did he do it against all odds. You know, he's just continuing to rush the passer and make an impact on the games. You see it with guys like Max Crosby, and yes, we automatically throw this, you know, special tag on a guy and just yo, defensive player of the Year just because what he's done in the past.
Speaker 2: This is a proven thing. You got to do it each and every year.
Speaker 5: And look, we're about to be three games into this season, and I don't think we've seen that that moment where we're saying.
Speaker 2: That's that's Michael, that's he's impacted the game.
Speaker 5: He's changing everything about the way that teams are playing against him. And when you come up against the Lamar Jackson you need, you absolutely need a guy like Michah to be a difference maker.
Speaker 4: Ma YETI cool customers the Cowboys defensive front. It's that simple. Baltimore went one fifty last week, lost against the Raiders at home. But if you roll another buck fifty on the Cowboys, now you're at the cooking with gas. If you want to beat the Cowboys right now, run the ball on. And if you're running the ball on it also means that Dak Prescott and company is there on the bench. So to me, the D line has got the man up, make a stand and figure out how to slow down Derrick Henry. Guys have got to make sure the church you know this. Guys have also got to make sure they're aware play play your gaps because you.
Speaker 3: Cannot let Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is going to be a tough task. So the D line has to play their best game of the year. They were embarrassed last week. Alvin Kamara then dusted off the cobwebs ran in there four touchdown polls it out he I mean, come on, man, you know what's funny. I heard somebody radio man. I pass on Alvin Kamara twice in my fantasy draft.
Speaker 3: But that's what people thought he has been. People thought has been.
Speaker 4: He looked like it looked like he was ready for the Pro Bowl Again, now we still have fifteen games. He is he that guy? Did the Cowboys just make him look that good? And Derrick Henry lives right here in the Dallas area. Send every smoke signal he could. I'd like to be a cowboy. They decided they didn't want it. So now he's got his opportunity. Let's hope it's not one of those Randy Moss type moments.
Speaker 5: It won't be a ran. Come on, we didn't pass him up in a draft the Randy Moss then.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm just saying, Greg Alis, Randy Moss is always gonna be tied to one another because we had an opportunity.
Speaker 4: But Randy, yes, but Randy took it personal. He was like, you know what, And so here's Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: You're telling you boys.
Speaker 4: You got your friends calling media people to try to put it out there. Hey, I like to be a cowboy. No, they didn't want to pay your number. You you you're living here right down the road. You know how, get the kids on it right now. The man gotta go to Baltimore rental place.
Speaker 3: Get all the tapes. We're so sorry, don't care, so sorry.
Speaker 2: Let him take it out of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean American get dusted off. You know that.
Speaker 2: Man? Now this is this. I love what you're saying.
Speaker 5: The cool customer, the yetti cool customer, old unit, the whole unit to everybodybody together. I thought we were doing I thought we were doing one. The whole defensive live rooms. You're gonna throw the coaching there too.
Speaker 4: Everybody coach jay Z. Great guys, everybody get out there. Everybody build that wall. Build the wall. That's hey, man, that's gonna be that. The thing is is that it's gonna be a tough task. And I said it yesterday. I want to see who makes a business decisions.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see who makes a business decision because if he gets through that line, because look, no matter what he's lost, he's feel so big that if he gets ahead of steam, it's like the juggernat how do you how do you how do you make how do you sell?
Speaker 3: The businesses?
Speaker 2: Going in there?
Speaker 7: You can tell when the guy's going in to make a business decision. One he's checking the shoe size. Nobody's making tackles looking down like this at the shoelaces. That that's just not that. You got to hit the thigh board. And that's how you tell when guys low down by the feet and all they do is.
Speaker 3: Kind of throw that chicken wing shoulder in there.
Speaker 2: They get skinny.
Speaker 4: Called getting skinny instead of getting there, you know, test up, you get skinny and.
Speaker 3: Trying to say, oh, coach, I was forcing them back to my help.
Speaker 7: You just threw a shoulder and the chicken wing out there, and you try to get that effort, you know, you fall on the ground. Or the business decision that a lot of cats use the you know, not getting off a block like.
Speaker 3: Somebody little effort in there were straining over here. Coach, we're training na man, you could have got that block seconds ago.
Speaker 5: Players right now, that's Arry is giving away the secrets. They put that strain in their coach. You see, I'm trying now, you could have been off that block. Dereck all the right past. Coach Man held the edge. I held the edge and forced him back. That's a business decision. He's just one of those players. Man, you gotta gang tackle this dude. You gotta get guys hats on that ball each and every time. And I mean we've been trying to accomplish that a few times. We think that everybody's forward from from Cleveland, No.
Speaker 7: Sir, And I'm glad they don't have Tennessee's run game because back when he was in Tennessee, they used to get that that we call it enough formation, and they used to block up and force that corner one on one. Derek k we get their hand off and bounce it straight to that corner and you would see business decisions happen each and every day. But they don't have that type of run game.
Speaker 3: So thank goodness.
Speaker 4: Set on seventy chip played, they had the Super Bowl. John Riggins, he was one on one with the DV. Next thing, you know, he's stiff ared boy, he was reaching.
Speaker 3: Put him down. Next thing, you know, you're running forty four yards right right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so so yes, and back to that whole thing in terms of the defensive line being a YETI cool customer.
Speaker 3: If they're not upfront doing their thing there, the linebacker is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be in trouble.
Speaker 3: We are talking about Eric Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Eric Kendricks nice player, but he there's about a four and a half inch difference between and King Henry in terms of height.
Speaker 5: But a guy that's made so many tackles in the league, you don't you don't question this toughness in his ability to go in there and tackle guys. He ain't never ran from nothing, you know, real size be damned.
Speaker 3: But how many times can you keep doing it?
Speaker 4: I mean absolutely, And you know you got whoever out there not getting it done?
Speaker 3: Next thing, you know, how many times you go get him there? That's what he does. He wears down you know by the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Man, you know, I don't care who you are, Jack Lambert, I mean, you don't care who it is and me Thomas Hollywood, and you keep taking that mean he hits time at the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we see what King Henry does. It's a list of victims.
Speaker 4: It's a list of victims along the way here. And that's why that cowboy d ones got They've got it. They've got to redeem themselves more than anyone. Because if you don't, then you're giving Baltimore exactly what I know.
Speaker 3: If I'm calling play for Baltimore. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 5: Run.
Speaker 7: It can't be like it was last week where you saw the holes were gaping and Camar didn't get touched until he got to that linebacker level. Let let let Henry get a full head of steam before you get to the secondary.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, we are talk about a business decision.
Speaker 5: That's the That's the one thing that you don't want to see. And I think you know, one of one of the things that I've seen from Baltimore lately, especially last year, with Todd Monkin taking over his offensive coordinator, he's come in with a more college style approach on offense to how to use Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson's had to change who he is with offensive coordinators over the years because they're just trying to hell, what's the best way to use this guy. And when you give him a running game and you have something else to worry about where he makes his money is in the passing game, things break down. I'm out of here. But now what are they doing? They got full on design runs that they come and anybody that has Lamar Jackson is gonna, you know, scheme up to get him the ball. Like you know run him on those design runs. But I just my fear is with Derrick Henry it's his ability to demoralize the defense. And I mean, once he gets going downhill in that third fourth quarter, you see guys just bouncing off of them. That's the image in my head that I have of him that I absolutely don't want to see.
Speaker 7: I will say this, as good as Henry you know, has been in the past and all that great stuff, he still hasn't gone over one hundred yards yet this show.
Speaker 3: And they are zero and two.
Speaker 7: So as good as you know this offense can be, we haven't seen them clicking on all cylinders.
Speaker 3: So I'm you know, it's early.
Speaker 5: It's early, and their offensive offensive line is bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go back to ceedee lamb last year first four games, That's true, not.
Speaker 4: Memorable next year, know, dude, lead league and catches and All Pro and everything. So this is early in the year. People are trying to figure out who does what well. And if you figure it out properly m M. That's why the Cowboys lead play with it and try to make the Ravens, uh have to play catch up and use their past game. All right, Let's make some Picks's. Let's make our picture. I think I think last week was bad for us all.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Chris By will tell you, He'll give it up. Come back, come back here.
Speaker 4: We'll let you know how bad we were right here, all the players, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks smoothies with over ten grams of pro team with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 2: Because that's Smoothie King. What you see is what you sip.
Speaker 5: So grab a delicious Smoothie King smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw. It is sipping real Smoothie Key, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 3: Rule twelve, no crinkle.
Speaker 11: Cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes chicken fingers one love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty fourth Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Hell Harrison, thank you very much, Bury Church for the Cowboys safety. Right here on the player's Lounge, I M Newe Scruggses, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris Bean, what were we last week on the picks? Here?
Speaker 8: Last week's picks, Newie and Church were three and three. Last week, let's go back and Heckmherrison was two and four.
Speaker 2: Like wait wait, thank you Arizona Crazy.
Speaker 8: And the records as we sit right here is everybody's tied for first place at four and five.
Speaker 3: Up the three way time. Okay, all right you guys, RDY for this week that's book.
Speaker 8: Green Bay is traveling to Tennessee Tennessee's favored by one and a half.
Speaker 3: Did we know if Jordan loves playing?
Speaker 4: Give me Green Bay win this one one fourteen?
Speaker 3: Man, give me give me a you're gonna take it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna take mistake Chrone, Levis and the crew to get the first ug. Give me to give me twenty to seventeen. Tennessee TP. You going with TP and them? T? Where's the game at Chris?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 5: I ask you that I'm going with Tennessee. Yeah, baby, let's go. You've actually been playing well this shoot her.
Speaker 3: New on there, trusting we will love them? Yeah, we did, right mail and the coffee. We'll hear about this.
Speaker 8: The Chicago Bears are traveling to the Indianapolis Colts. Colts are favored by one.
Speaker 4: Ooh, we go ahead, Uh, give me Indy.
Speaker 3: They need to win.
Speaker 4: They need to win here, So give me Indy twenty six to eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he plays well at home.
Speaker 7: Give me Indy plus I just don't you know, Caleb kind of RUMs and then give me twenty four.
Speaker 5: Give me Indy twenty four. Okay, I'm not no, I'm going to Indy. Give me Indy seventeen. Give me seventeen are gonna win. I know, seventeen ten, seventeen ten.
Speaker 8: All right, So we got Houston traveling to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Minnesota.
Speaker 8: Minnesota is favored by one and a half playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me get Houston to go ahead, get that thing done. Give me a twenty seven to fourteen win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that pastor is getting after Donald. Give me Houston twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 5: Man, Houston. I'm going eachtown with this one too. CJ striwe too much. Yeah, I'm going to CJ strid. Let's go twenty one seventeen all right.
Speaker 8: In the next game we've got is Philadelphia is traveling to.
Speaker 2: Or Give me.
Speaker 3: That one. Give me the second one. New Orleans is favored by two and a half.
Speaker 5: Somebody else get that belt it. Just give it seven to three. They gonna kill I don't care. They're gonna get destroyed. I don't care what the score is.
Speaker 4: Give me the Saints thirty six thirty six, twenty one high scored. Camara gonna keep on rolling. He's gonna keep rolling, keep on rolling.
Speaker 3: Give me thirty six twenty one. I think everybody goes, oh, this is real. That could be. Give me Philly, though, what give me Philly? You just killing me.
Speaker 4: He's killing more than he's gonna ride eight twenty four.
Speaker 5: No, you know the world needs people like you. Give me you know what I'm saying. We need more Bear churches in the world. Your loyalty is like me feeling insane A J.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 3: Give me Philly nice. That's what I thought, right, So but you, but you got Kelling Moore.
Speaker 2: Going on the road.
Speaker 5: Let me change my score to change my thirty one twenty eight, give me.
Speaker 4: Philly how thirty one twenty Yes, sir, at that drop off, I got.
Speaker 3: That Jeni trick on heck run, I got to call the front running that changed pigs. Change change the front right like this is the way? Heck do? What do not this? No more training do you require? Heck one, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got my control of though people. Where he leaves, I'll be talking.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna go.
Speaker 4: The next game is Baltimore at Dallas twenty six to twenty Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Oh that was quick twenty six twenty yeah quick. Let me think of process. That's a little big game.
Speaker 2: Did you did you think about it? You was the score again?
Speaker 3: Twenty six twenty damn?
Speaker 7: I mean do let me get uh, Baltimore as well, but I think it's gonna be a little bit lower score.
Speaker 3: Let me get twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 4: First off, let's just be honest. The old Bill parcells at all I can go by is what I see.
Speaker 3: That is very true. Until you stop it, I can't believe you're gonna stop it.
Speaker 2: So until then, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not gonna buy into this anymore. I bought into it last week. Game was over that quarter. I was out there just it was TV was just on.
Speaker 2: It was like it was just on.
Speaker 6: The game was on.
Speaker 3: You're not really watching it. I don't need to write nothing else down.
Speaker 4: He laid down and took it right like hustle and flow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have fun. I have fun with this one.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, cowboy.
Speaker 5: It's just it means, man, we want to make sure that it all ends the same way. At the end of what was it, you were ten and seven, right, So no matter how you pitch, hit ten and seven, you were.
Speaker 2: Then they make a play.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, on the sheet of integrity. On the sheet integrity filled out. Then we went game by game. You had this as a loss.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I had this as a loss. You had this as a loss. But you're about to flip it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm flipping, and you know this. I'm flipping. I'm flipping. I'm flipping right here. We know I'm flipping. I mean, but listen, you gave the numbers. You gave the numbers you talk about after a loss. What of the Cowboys do after the loss? You ran down Mike McCarthy's record after loss, then you said Dak's record after the lost.
Speaker 2: All of those historically at home?
Speaker 5: What it is I mean, and all of those numbers favorite the Cowboys. I would be a fault to sit up here and say that the Cowboys are not gonna win at home for the second time.
Speaker 3: No, no way. Wearing the Cowboy T shirt ain't no way, ain't no way.
Speaker 5: So you know I'm taking the Dallas Cowboys in this game, Yes, sir, absolutely. We scored thirty it's thirty points on these guys. Yeah, thirty points on this one. We're putting thirty points up against them, and I'm going thirty one sixteen whoa wow, Yeah, thirty sixteen.
Speaker 4: They said stopping run over on hundred yards or under honey.
Speaker 5: Yards, we colon, Now, don't add all that to it. Man, They gonna you have to. You have to. You gotta come in here. You gotta smack them. That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Treat them like Cleveland.
Speaker 5: You gotta treat them like creat like Cleveland. And it's kind of crazy how they the Cleveland Baltimore dynamic.
Speaker 2: You know, I like it. I mean Stefanski run game, you know, yeah, Watson.
Speaker 3: Well, it's about attacks, about the offense.
Speaker 2: Attack either way.
Speaker 5: The third way, big deal are like, I already already made my pick. So we'll be in here on Monday. Man, I'm I stand on business and it's gonna be what it's gonna be. Mark Jackson against understand on business like that. You were talking about all these stats before, while you just now bringing that out?
Speaker 2: Dog, Why are.
Speaker 5: You like that We've never been in here for five days. You mean to tell me it's you four days in forty three.
Speaker 2: Minutes to bring that sat out?
Speaker 3: My boy, don't what we.
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 3: And thank you by you, Barry, Thank you Barry.
Speaker 5: Just when you think you know a guy, I said, a lot of communication happens to make this show go down. By the way, the Cowboys are one in five all time against Baltimore, one in five.
Speaker 3: It's a franchise won in five. I was there that night they shut down Texas Stadium.
Speaker 4: Remember that Chris Bean, Remember that final game in Texas Stadium, Uncle Wade and brought everybody back. I was talking to Jim Harbaugh in the hallway. He was enjoying it because his brother was coaching the team. But oh, that was a night right there, boy. Two of the roughest nights that I ever saw a Texas Stadium. When Emmett set the record they lost.
Speaker 3: You know that one was hard to watch.
Speaker 4: And then when the final game in Texas Stadium and the Ravens just it was like last this Saints game is like O.
Speaker 3: So, but he's gotta win.
Speaker 7: Remember that church Bick mcclang was running crazy. Remember that big that's a big dude though. Yeah, man, he was running.
Speaker 3: We shot shot yea one in five. One in five is what it is. Uh.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick says the best it's not when you play, it's when you play them.
Speaker 3: So let's see. Here comes the Ravens. Oh and two, let's see what they've got Ken Henry's coming to town. Can they stop it?
Speaker 4: We don't know if Smith is playing, but if my cool customers don't come through. It could be that that kind of day. But yeah, but we stayed with our sheeting and tech.
Speaker 3: That's all we can do. That's all we can do. We stood on business. That's what we said. We stood on business.
Speaker 2: Take your phones off, man boy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 4: HM