Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Getting Slice reactions.
Speaker 3: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn Boys Slice Time for episode three fifty seven and then some and then some. What's going on, David Brody?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What are you gonna call me? Barbarino? What are you gonna mister Barberino, mister Bob Barbarino? Vinny Barberino from Welcome Back Hona played by John Cibolta in the late mid to late seventies. Oh my god, so yeah, yeah, yeah, what's up? Welcome on a Slice time? This is this is the episode about the episode. It's not really the episode exactly. If you listen to three point fifty seven, you are thoroughly going to enjoy the feedback of our listeners commenting hopefully being funny and uplifting. And if you didn't go back and listen to it, do you understand what's going on?
Speaker 5: And if you wanted to participate for next time, just listen to the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That's the only way you can do this.
Speaker 5: And then you click on the microphone and leave us, drop us a talk back like all these people did.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. Are you ready for this one? Are you ready for this? Ap you all ready for this? I'm ready, I'm ready. But you know what I'm talking about. What haven't we talked about, David Brody, we haven't talked about Let's let's have a false start, Yes, let's have it's sudden. We haven't talked about on Slice time because we always save it for the Brooklyn Boys. But I would just like to remind everybody that the Brooklyn Boys have a merchandise store where you can buy a hoodies and sweatshirts and knit caps with our logo show your support. Also very humorous T shirts like far Water and the Chinese Menu according to David Brody, and lots of logo merchandise. So scary. What's that website where they can get that merchandise? Brooklynboys dot Bigcartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. All right, now, let's get on with the Slice Time talkbacks.
Speaker 6: Mark Furmoff's stay here, Scary. I think you can go to the Sabrian concert because you're there for the music and the artists and if that's what you want to go see, that's what you want to go see, Go enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Also, Scary, what juneral position.
Speaker 6: Do you think she did at the concert that you didn't go to because you thought that the crowd would be too young.
Speaker 5: So what he's talking about is the song Juno that she has. She does a position on stage, a sex position during the song.
Speaker 2: June a sexual a sexual, a sexual position. Yeah, so I don't know what position. I'm thinking reverse cowgirl.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a wild guest there, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But apparently she introduces a new position every few shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you talked about that. You know when I should google that? You know there's videos. Look that up.
Speaker 5: There's a video for everyone. Type in Sabrina Carpenter juno position. You'll thank me later.
Speaker 2: Guys and someone and who brought who brought that to the show? David Brodie, King of Pop Culture, Man, I don't even have to say who I am.
Speaker 7: You know from the background noise, But I got a twice and they got nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 2: It lista somebody.
Speaker 7: Records, like one of one of your ads, Scary that you boke out on the radio. Somebody recorded that as a top back, and y'all lated do you get paid.
Speaker 8: Again for it?
Speaker 7: That's my question? No, I ain't trying to say nothing but money tight scary, and I could I could slip in a couple of ads for you.
Speaker 5: He's gonna rebroadcast my my audio. That doesn't work that way. I wish it did.
Speaker 2: No, The commercials are paid for based on where the advertiser wants them and expects them to go.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's not like when you play a song and the artist gets credit if it plays on the eighty somewhere and if.
Speaker 5: You rebroadcast my ad, Unfortunately, sadly, I don't get paid again.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, scary of a dollar piece. I'll give you my cash app every talk back now, Oh.
Speaker 2: Bat garyl Lloyd's free will just be your commercy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry, Brody, I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing it for the money.
Speaker 7: So hey, I'm going back to the twentieth December probably so.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And speaking of black Jack, I took your advice and I always doubled down on my eleven. Well I had the eleven. I doubled down kind of got them eighty.
Speaker 10: So for the ones that don't know that means only had play one and supposely on twenty one for the dealer bust until we one one hundred dollars me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you always doubled eleven because you assume that you're gonna get a ten and that twenty one is coming up. You hope you hope you're going to get at least something, Yeah, something, least something.
Speaker 7: Maybe if we went the background noise. I know this is really all topic for Brooklyn Boys, but it was scary. I heard y'all talking about killing animals Thursday on the Big Show, and you said you would kill like a raccoon, the possum if they have rainbies redneck fun factor of the day. Possums can't carry ragings.
Speaker 8: I don't know why that they can't.
Speaker 7: And uh, if you go to kill that, raccoons might need like ten bullets. There's a video of a rabbit raccoon taking ten bullets and still moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking watching that. Yeah, basically, what animal would you kill, Brody? And at what point?
Speaker 5: And I got to the point where I would kill a fox if it was going to disrupt my chicken coop, if they were going to kill my chickens. I'm gonna kill a fox or a raccoon if it's gonna chew my wires and my possums possums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just like to say how refreshing it is the two Brooklyn boys to learn possum and rabies facts, facts that we would never know. You never have a need or but we got to learn them because our country is so diverse and there's so many different not only cultures, but environments in our country to experience. And that's one we would never experience, possum possum trivia. Now that being said, I would kill a shark if I was threatened by it. I wouldn't just go hunting for shark, you know. I would kill any animal threatening me or my family. Of course I would if it was a dog. I have a hard time doing that, even if they were coming at me. Try to wound its rough. The guy have a hard time killing lobster. I tell that story like two hundred episodes ago, did time we brought home a lobster pot? You know, like, oh yeah, David Brodie's story and the tin thing with the holes in the top and uh and I was like, why is the lip moving and that? And that's when my family pointed out, what do you think the holes in the top are for? Because something in there was alive when you bought it. Yeah, I don't. I don't want to do that, not doing it. No, I'm not a killer of things, but I get it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: I'm I know, hunting occasionally, like I might go deer hunting once every two or three years. I'm thinking about going this year. But I do fish, I do catching the lease. I fell everything back. But rabbit animals, that's a whole different game. I'm a dropper.
Speaker 1: I'm a dropper.
Speaker 8: A rabbit, raccoon is in the sane animals. They will not die.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 8: You can see it ten times. Yeah, yeah, yeah, berdie.
Speaker 7: I know I'm still off topic and this ain't Brooklyn Boys related, but this is my direct line.
Speaker 2: Are scary, so I'm gonna say it anyway.
Speaker 8: I'm scary.
Speaker 7: You're talking about dropping top that was killing all your hens or what dot of chickens. Here in North Carolina occasionally, the uh coyote population gets so bad that the state will pay you fifty dollars of hell or day coyotes and there's no living I A totally.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's me, but like I was saying, yeah, the state would pay like fifty dollars a tail for a coyote. I got some cousins, dude, that would go to the supermarket and buy truck and meat, throw it out in the field, wait to the middle of the night, go out there with fucking night vision goggles and kill like fucking fifty coyotes and one night cut the tails off of them and just don't get the money.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 8: I mean it was fifty dollars a tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't think it's like the return program you know where you Yeah, it's a little bit different. You return the bottle. It's not my thing, Nicola for food. You're hunting for food. But aren't you doing the same thing like animal poachers at that point where you're killing the elephant for ivory tusks? There's too much of them as an abundance of these animals. They no, no, no, no, no, no, I don't know. Now. Look, if you're supposed to keep the neighborhood safe and there's a problem you're overrun by coyotes, I get that. But if you're going into their home and you're just shooting them for a tail, I'm out.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: But I'm just told you that their government, local government's gonna pay them fifty dollars a tail.
Speaker 2: So here's what I would do. I would find a store somewhere that sold foxtails for twenty bucks, and then I give them the government for fifty. Brody, you're you're a retirement here. Maybe you could take that up. You could take that up. You could. I am not retired. I'm okay, you're aware of that. Diagno, Well, you're you're in between jobs right now. So my guess, in between jobs retirement means you're done with jobs okay, but not done with you. Well, maybe this is a good idea for you.
Speaker 5: Maybe you should hunt for, you know, coyotes and get fifty dollars on LinkedIn.
Speaker 2: Put that on my my LinkedIn page. Coyote hunter. All right, I'd be like, you know, I'll be like.
Speaker 7: At your lords, I gotta puns.
Speaker 8: The strange question.
Speaker 7: You don't have the answer. It might be too personal.
Speaker 8: But do you get paid her?
Speaker 14: Listen?
Speaker 7: Like there does a podcast get like five cent every time somebody listened to the pow cast. It's so I'm going to all the old ones are just like fast forward it real twick all the way to the end.
Speaker 15: They say, I listen to you.
Speaker 2: That's very nice.
Speaker 5: You should listen for at least five minutes, and we get paid by the through commercial advertising has nothing to do with these species.
Speaker 2: No, no, if you listen to the commercials, uh, then we get paid. Now that being said, we switched platforms around episode to something to fifty. I don't know anything like before that that doesn't have commercials. We're not making any money off of so stick to the ones with the commercials if you want to help us out. Thanks.
Speaker 7: And on the Apple podcasts, I'm not sure about I heeart, but like you can hit three little guys and get slave and they'll say that you listen to it on our end of it. But in that count as a listen for y'all you get paid for that. You might not get paid well, I don't know, you know.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm asking questions.
Speaker 5: After five minutes is the magic number? Okay, I'm gonna cut you off right there. Yes, uh so listen for at least five minutes and then that'll count.
Speaker 2: Well, if you just listened to his talkbacks, then we just got we just got back, we just got credit.
Speaker 16: Hey Brodie, that asshole that helps you podcast Jamie for kleets here a question, did you I'm of the Steeve Puff marshmallow Man nutsack color paint that they painted your room with.
Speaker 14: Because you seemed.
Speaker 17: Awfully mad last time on Slice time when I left the talk back about shopping.
Speaker 14: At Colts, did that trigger your bouginess that it's not.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. I feel free to shop. It calls all you want my family shops.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Scary, you said that Coles isn't the be all end all of clothing and Halloween stuff, and I can get Halloween from other places.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know that, But where in my thirty seconds talkback did I say I couldn't. Where did I say that it was the be all end all for clothing and that's the only place to get Halloween stuff?
Speaker 14: Show me where I'd love to know.
Speaker 2: All right, So Scary was saying you shouldn't be that upset that they didn't they were out of your shirts, whatever the problem was. Uh, Scary didn't think you should care at all. But I don't think he said what you're saying thinking he said, but he was implying that, no big deal. There's plenty of places to get Halloween's shirts. But I like it. I happened to be a Cole's t thank you my attorney, David Brody, it fits well. I'm only saying that because I'm trying to keep you calm and focused. Oh I am super focused. I don't know what's going on here. You also got Jamie's name wrong last week, so I know, I know. I can't believe I did that that. I apologize for it, but my god.
Speaker 8: Queen saved the sequel here.
Speaker 13: Damn, Scary, I'm over here dying because you mean to tell me your world class personal trainer really sold you that earth Tone workout special.
Speaker 4: And you bought it.
Speaker 13: That's crazy, bro Brody, I you you told us to go ahead and DM you guys are about that meetup that you guys want to do next year. Brother, I've been DMed.
Speaker 14: You Scary if you would call.
Speaker 18: Some of the.
Speaker 2: Hold he's not done yet. Hold on, let's continue with him.
Speaker 13: And surprisingly, Scary was actually nice enough to go ahead and respond to all my dms and the photos actually made for him, while Brody's bougy ass over there was too good to go ahead and answer my dms, but out here telling everybody he responded to everything. Damn, bro you got me feeling like some kind of side Chicken, like I did you something that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Loved you though, oh well, don't say loved. Hold on, I would like I'd like a chance to respond scary if I may. What I said was I respond to everyone, which I do. I didn't say I respond immediately that everyone. And the last couple of weeks for me have been a little My plate has been filled. I've been doing a lot of things and keeping busy, and I have not been on Instagram very much. So it's not you, but I will get back to you. But telling us you want to go to a meetup that we may have four months from now, I don't think requires me to instantaneously respond. I wanted your feedback. I didn't say I would like. So you're going to say I want to go right and eventually I'm going to see it and go that's great, But it's not like you wanted to know something like, Hey, what restaurant should I go to when I visit Manhattan tomorrow? And I took a month to get back to you. So I promise I will catch up and get back to everybody. My apologies. I've just been a little off the grid for a couple of weeks. As far as social now, let's continue with Judy from Queen's was checking back again my name is.
Speaker 16: You would clean some of the zemen or mushrooms, whatever the fuck you're doing now out of your ears.
Speaker 18: You would hear that. My point was, I was in coals or something else, decided to do some shopping, decided to look for some Halloween shirts, and was bummed to find out that in the first week of October it was already cleared.
Speaker 14: Out for Christmas. That Christmas stuff was out way too early.
Speaker 2: Exact.
Speaker 8: That was my point exactly.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Jamie.
Speaker 1: Then from Brooklyn, I definitely do not wear the fuzzy fucking muffs.
Speaker 13: I will wear to wear ear muffs like when I go hunting and stuff, but I much rather wear like a nice wool hat or something like that.
Speaker 2: Definitely not wearing fuzzy muffs.
Speaker 4: Did any do radio in the morning a few years back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuzzy muss muffs, Yeah, fuzzy moffs. Sports and the wolf Yeah, fuzzy muss fuzzy muffs and the wolf guy.
Speaker 1: We're more high probably again.
Speaker 19: And I had a child who was so ad d that I had to use a leash when we were anywhere near like water, and as a grandmother, we just recently took a cruise and when we were by the pools and the stuff, we did put a little backpack that had a quote unquote leash and my grandson to make sure that he didn't wander off.
Speaker 2: So not every some children, Some children need a leash. WHOA you cut her off?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 2: She cut herself off with the thirty seconds was up?
Speaker 5: What were you gonna say? And you wanted to comment on Vinnie earlier we got a bottle neck. I'm gonna comment on. I'm I'm gonna comment on both.
Speaker 2: I totally totally makes sense to keep your children safe, especially if you feel like you're more apt to be unsafe. So that's totally fine. As far as Vinnie, I love that he not only says I don't wear fuzzy mops and he makes the radio joke, which is great, but he says I wear emoffs, but then fu he qualifies it by saying when I go hunting.
Speaker 5: So translation, I'll wear them, but only when I'm killing shit. Yeah, exactly, It's what I'm doing. Madly things now.
Speaker 2: My last point was about five weeks ago. I read you an announcement of a new morning show that was on I think in Arkansas, Las Vegas, somewhere out in the in the in the West or the Midwest. And their name was like really dumb radio names. And I said, leave us talkbacks with dopey radio names of people in your town. And nobody did that. So if there's anyone would like, you know, the Sledgehammer and the Dog, you know, some morning show like that in your town, give us, you know, leave us a talk back and let us know. How would go.
Speaker 20: Scary and Brody, Never brody and scary. It's Tyler from Saskatchewan.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 20: I think you're the bee's knees. I think you are the greatest ever. You are the cheese to Brodie Strymac of Roney and I just say, knock it off, out out, stop, shut the fuck up, Get off the damn phone.
Speaker 2: How the hell did you get hold of my It's never scary and Brodie, it's always brody and scary. Never scary and Brody, it's well from you know, Will from T T. Don't listen to this fucking slump. Yeah, get him off the phone. Scary is never right. Brody's always right. Goddamn it, thank you.
Speaker 10: Oh and I would never fucking go to the dressing room take my clothes off the measurements.
Speaker 20: As soon as that lady popped out with the damn iPad, I would have said now and just turned right around and found some old guy with the measuring.
Speaker 2: Exactly, yeah, exactly, Okay, scary. Maybe you could go camping with Tyler from Saskatchewan. Seems like you're biggest fan. Come on, Tyler, let's go buddy.
Speaker 21: You and me.
Speaker 8: The women might not like you, but I'm if you look it.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha, My man, who was that? I don't know, Brody and scary.
Speaker 16: This is teens scary.
Speaker 22: He really need to get a reform on those Wman mushrooms. They've done absolutely nothing for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that, they really haven't. I think I was here. We are a year later. Well, I've come to the realization I was robbed. Well what do we learn? They may work and they may not exactly and they did not the Glen Boys podcast.
Speaker 22: We will be right back, see Brody surious. I'm just curious, Brody, had you received sour cream on one of the other items that you ordered from Taco Bell, would you have gone back and complaint knowing that you just received a three cheesy DC burrito.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you know the answer to that, because I still wanted my chicken, my chicken enchilada.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 2: So, if I don't listen, when I go to Taco Bell, I like to have like I make a menu for myself. I start off with a Mexi melt. I may have some kind of a chicken burrito some kind, and then or a beef a bean and cheese, and then I go for the meat one. But if I get the meat one and they screw up the chicken one, I gotta go back. Otherwise it's all uneven. Yeah, I'm going back.
Speaker 4: Tell you what happened on the.
Speaker 2: What's that parody? What are you teasing?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got a Taco Bell story. This one's a good one.
Speaker 7: And the bus driver here broad You're talking about his black friend and he's having to sleepover, and he said, I know you have that one friend that always sometimes participates?
Speaker 8: What always sometimes? Why would you say that? That makes no sense?
Speaker 2: I said always sometimes? Come on, man, all right, Yeah, I don't think I said always.
Speaker 5: Here you might you might have, but it was probably a slip of the tongue. I'm gonna chalk it up to that that you wouldn't have said that on purpose.
Speaker 2: No, it's like saying, uh uh I I self checked out myself. Yeah I don't Jersey.
Speaker 24: Unfortunately, I don't have any children that ship has sailed, But if I did, absolutely they would all be on a.
Speaker 8: Each no question.
Speaker 14: One hundred.
Speaker 24: Jamie from Queen's was definitely the child on the.
Speaker 5: Leach okay, okay, now would be a family here throwing shade at other slices, and I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I like to think that Jamie and Reggie would be good friends. So yeah, there's definitely a couple of leashers on these on these talk that Jamie. Yeah, well, I'm just feeling that in today's chaotic society, maybe maybe we should the leashes is a humane thing, after all. I don't know, I feel like we need it, especially in big city, protect the kids, to protect the kids from the coyotes, protect them from themselves.
Speaker 24: Reggie, here, do you think I'm hard to sing and walking myself around?
Speaker 14: Well, to quote Squary, yes I am.
Speaker 25: I wasn't already I.
Speaker 2: Will be now, thank you. Just right, I'm calling her Jamie. Now, Reggie, all right, Reggie. Thanks.
Speaker 26: This is.
Speaker 8: First time leaving a talk pack, Boca.
Speaker 19: I'm about to be forty four, and when I was seven, my parents put me on a leash our first time at Disney World.
Speaker 8: Wow, definitely traumatizing experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for life.
Speaker 2: I feel like it might have been necessary in those big crowds.
Speaker 27: I don't know.
Speaker 2: By the way, Boca ratone, checking in for the first time ever, what took you so long? I'm second good first call. Yeah, that was nice, and I'm second guessing now. I mean, if I had kids, I probably would want to put them on a leash. I want control. Yeah, you should not have kids for many other reasons.
Speaker 24: You said, don't make a song about my fuzzy muff, but oh no, you didn't say anything about me making a song about DES's fuzzy Oh wow, us he muff fuzzy muff. Somebody crawl into Desi's fuzzy muff.
Speaker 11: Fuzzy muss.
Speaker 14: Somebody joined her husband in there. There's plenty of room, Miss fan stretched out.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling like slice Time is about to jump the shark. We were really crazy. He's attacking our other regular women who called By the way, that was a parody of Smelly Cat.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, well, Reggie, I don't know that's now she threw two shades. She threw shade at two of our slices. Shrapnel going everywhere.
Speaker 28: Wow, you know what's really wild?
Speaker 24: When I think of the show Seinfeld, I think of.
Speaker 28: Brody to be like Jerry, obviously, but the more and more think you talk about to take dinner, I think I'm scary to be like Jerry and BROKEI to be like Banya.
Speaker 2: Oh Kenny, Banya. Yeah, he owed him a lunch and soup is not a meal.
Speaker 1: Being from Ohio.
Speaker 29: So you guys talking about ear muffs, I actually wear aviation hat. If you guys know what that is, it's for a part. It used to be leathered, so I wear like you know, modern day. But mine is camouflage. That's my favorite hat all the time. And then ball cap camouflage, same camera Woodland with camera.
Speaker 1: That's my hats. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Didn't Snoopy wear an aviation hat?
Speaker 26: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 29: Limb again, So eighty percent of the heat coming off your bodies from the top of your head. So number one thing is to have a good head cover. For example, I have aviation hats and then it's okay. But other than that, for this winter, I have thermal clothing. I have layers, I have amuflage.
Speaker 1: I deal with that.
Speaker 2: So the cold can't sell. The elements are not going to get to Liam. Ohait he left another one, Liam, play the next. I like, Liam, this is more of a question about should men wear ear muffs and not really an inventory of everyone's warm clothes. This is the record.
Speaker 29: So I like wearing camouflage during the winter, but in the summer, I'm like, you know, shorts and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: But for me, I have a whole outfits. It's okay.
Speaker 2: How about your muffs.
Speaker 29: It's woodland and I feel snug, comfortable and compared to whatever coaching es lem. Again, I grew up on a hundred seventy five acre farm.
Speaker 2: Did you have earmuffs on the farm?
Speaker 1: Cats? Dogs, we have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Did the chickens wear yours?
Speaker 29: So I grew up rough of lifestyle. So wearing what I wear, you know, I don't know what everybody else you know, Liam, That's what I enjoy, wearing tough, tough gear.
Speaker 2: Wearing ear plugs. When you wear muffs. When we talked about what you should talk about, liamud Liam limb Liam, Liam, Liam, I can't. I want to hear what's in the the chest, the big chest. Come on, let's let's go. Let's go through his top right, show what's what's in there? I don't know. I don't, I don't, I don't know. Want to know what's in the crawl space under the staircase, what kind of socks you wear? What's in the air? I love that you call Liam, but fuzzy fuzzy boots Liam, Eric, you're cool.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna have a gentleman.
Speaker 2: But Eric, Eric, Eric got a fan. It's Eric Nagel podcast. Check him out? Oh is it's Eric Nagel. Thank you here?
Speaker 29: So six seven found out there's a rapper telling about he he does witchcraft and.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 29: Number six andology, no, it's too two demons.
Speaker 2: It's a height.
Speaker 1: But I'm just six. Isn't that too? So it's crazy?
Speaker 2: Williams world is not demons. Williams wearing his ear muffs. But William and you see a demon, let me know if it's.
Speaker 21: Wearing a Mufs Brooklyn Bull's ball from Jersey, does it I know nothing about fashion.
Speaker 8: I am not a fashionable guy.
Speaker 21: Hence the reason why I always make fun of Scary for a weird ship that he wears, or I think it is weird anyway. Emuffs, I think, uh, that they're for little kids. That's why the equate him as or four. I have little kids and they wear ear muffs, So that's my view on that. Stay tuned for.
Speaker 14: Part two A.
Speaker 23: Right.
Speaker 2: By the way, little kids wear pants? Also, does that mean pants are for kids? Can a man grown men wear mittens or is that just for kids? No, no mittens. That's all little conversation unless you're unless you're Bernie Sanders in his famous mittens picture. By the way, Paul from New Jersey, Uh, you didn't tell us what kind of hats and thermal gear you wear? So well, I feel left out now. I feel like two.
Speaker 8: Uh the ear most thing. I just think you're there for a little kids.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 8: Uh, that's just my my view on it.
Speaker 21: And the funny ones, they're really fucking funny, at least I find them funny.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 21: And I tend to make fun of people for that because it just reminded me of a buddy walking down.
Speaker 8: The street or something. Also scary six players on Veterans Day. Come on, bro, it wasn't that cold.
Speaker 2: No, it was freezing with the wind chill.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 2: It was cold, and it was windy, and and keep it were We were driving up the avenue and that's that creates a wind tunnel. Because those tall buildings are around us. I would have thought they stolen valor was keeping you warm?
Speaker 30: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that well now that the warm that warmed the cockles of my heart. That was the only warmth there was was the people waving thanks, thanking me for my services. He just out of curiosity at some point that day, did you try to est your own cockles?
Speaker 31: Hi, Brooklyn Boys. Jen the groomer here from Pumpino Beach, Florida, listening to you talk about leashed kids. Back when I was a kid in the early eighties, my mom and dad actually used to leash me before it was a thing. I used to wander off quite a bit, and I was known to just take off and go wherever I want it. So when my dad was outside working in the yard. Sorry, so when my mom and dad were outside working in the yard, they would actually take a steak and a rope and tie it around my shoulders and stake me to the middle of the yard. So I only had enough rope that I couldn't go into the street, or couldn't go into the neighbor's backyard pool. I would only stay in my own backyard or in my own front inhumane. It may sound a little unusual to some people.
Speaker 32: But hey, they kept me alive.
Speaker 2: I okay, but why was they.
Speaker 31: Wander off at the malls and stuff too. My mom would turn around and I was hiding in some clothes or underneath the cabinet, or took myself to the bookstore or to get a cookie, and security would be called.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 31: So I can kind of understand the parents who put their kids on a leash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you didn't say if your kids are on a leash. I'm saying, listen, I used to have. I used to really feel bad and the leash kids, and I used to think that that was an awful thing. But I'm starting to come around here and put myself in the shoes of a potential parent with a wild kid. Okay. You know how sometimes things in your childhood affect you and then you go into that profession later on in life, Yeah, like, oh, you know whatever. So Jen was on a leash as a kid and she grew up to be a groomer where she deals with animals on leashes all day. Is that ironic or is that full circle? I think that's maybe like turning the tables to a full circle ball. Now, who's on the leash? Bitches? Literally?
Speaker 14: Female Jane Julie from Queen's Here is scary the forteen last No, was mom a leash kid? But I probably should have been. When I was five.
Speaker 8: I was at eight.
Speaker 25: She was crowded side, had convention with my dad and we got separated in the crowd. My dad was looking for me, and he hears an announcement over the loudspeaker addressing him by name that I was at the security desk. I had the presence of mind to go to a police officer for help when I got lost.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe she was on a leash. Maybe Reggie was onto something. Mmmmc Gary and rode? All right, Oh what was that big yawn there? Brodie? What's what's going on there? You're talking? You yawned?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: You how far? My jaw opened? In case anyone asked, is this is this what you think of slice time and the slide and and the the slices that are being left right now is a giant noun. No, I was up late watching football and TV last night. I didn't sleep enough. Okay, well, maybe you should get some sleep tonight, but not not Therefore, now we got a lot more of these to go to through Brodie. So we're nowhere near done. All right, so maybe you should uh, by the way, by the way, scary, if you open your mouth enough, like leave your mouth open, you'll yawn. And so the yawn was talking. Yeah, if you open your mouth and leave it open, you will you will yawn. Oh my god, you're right. Yeah, it's just it's automatic. Uh, it's an involuntary action. It's kind of wild.
Speaker 8: Fire.
Speaker 33: Six shots were only five. Well, I tell you the truth. In all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself.
Speaker 27: Well, being that this is a forty four magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and.
Speaker 1: Would blow your head clean off.
Speaker 27: You have to ask yourself one question, Do I feel lucky?
Speaker 30: Well?
Speaker 26: Do you plunk?
Speaker 1: These pretzels are making me thirsty? That Brody is wrong.
Speaker 33: He's wrong.
Speaker 1: Now, Brody, you are wrong.
Speaker 2: You're wrong.
Speaker 1: Body, you are wrong.
Speaker 2: You're wrong.
Speaker 4: Now you don't know.
Speaker 1: Which gun I use.
Speaker 2: Rody is so wrong. He is so wrong. Now you're so wrong. Just chef's mind.
Speaker 27: When somebody misquotes my movies or gives me the wrong gun, What makes you think that I'm gonna use a pussy three fifty seven when a forty four magnum is more powerful? Just think about it, Punk. Like electrical wire, the lower the gauge, the thicker.
Speaker 33: The wire, the same thing goes for guns. The lower the gauge, the thicker the bullet, the more power it has. Detective Harry Callahan always carries a forty four magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world.
Speaker 2: And don't you forget it, Punk, don't ever get that wrong again? Right then, we got it, Punk, Oh my god, all right, my day, I have had it to deal with.
Speaker 5: Clearly, he's talking about episode three fifty seven and Brody's Brody's reference to three fifty seven magnum, which you quoted on that last episode.
Speaker 2: So why are you forty four magnum because it's a forty four magnum. It's the both guns that are magnums. Right with the forty four is a much bigger bullet God, and it's a more powerful gun. So as someone who doesn't pay a lot of attention specifically, I remember the magnum part because you know, those are the condoms I don't buy.
Speaker 11: Hey, Brooklyn boys Is Lewis from Brooklyn comment on Slice Time three fifty five scary talking about how it's weird to go like buy yourself in Disney. Uh, it's really not weird at all. I mean, there's a lot of people in Disney, if you count it is, some of them are not even with their families. So the fact that you're paying attention to like I want to get more attention to the family members is a little bit kind of creepy on your side. But yeah, like that's not the difference between men and women, because the difference between men and women's because it depends on how comfortable you are in a situation. Because some people have anxiety when they go by theirselves. Okay, they might feel like they want to go in the group, you know, Like like honestly, like I can't speak for everybody because I know how everybody's different in a weird environment that they that they've never been.
Speaker 8: To but but in Disney, it's everywhere.
Speaker 14: Really everybody's gonna go.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Sorry, bringing voice is my last one, but yeah, scary, I'm just gonna have to disagree with you own this one, buddy. Like I've been to Disney Park. I've been to all of these type of events by myself, you know, Like I don't think people will look at you in that strange way, all these guys by himself, which you call the cops on him and you come arrest them because the fact that your objective is you want to get more attention, that is a completely different subject. You need to just ignore everybody and feel your good side.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Sorry that last one, I promise, but yeah, Like like I was saying, don't feel weird just because you're going into a place just by so even if you're going to understood, you know, it's good to have that good energy and positive villages, you know, and like listen not and not everybody is built for that. So you know, you do you at the end, but I still disagree with you, you know, but based on that example.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, love you to thank you for the talk back. I think it's I think it's more about other people judging you, not that way you think about yourself. No, but I think he doesn't want people to think he's a pedophile and call the cops on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a little weird. And when you're talking about Disney, I mean if you're if you're there, you go to Disney and you're a grown adult and you're lining up to take a picture and hug and kiss, uh, you know, like Pluto or Goofy walking around there. It's basically a college it's basically a college kid in a sweaty uniform.
Speaker 2: So that's really what you're doing. That's what you're really doing. That's a little that's a little weird to me. No, it's not Disney take pictures with the characters. It's fun Disney adults. Disney adults going and waiting.
Speaker 5: You want to go enjoy the park, you want to eat the food, go to Epcot, go around the world, you want to ride the roller coasters, No problem, I understand. But if you're like line it up to like take a picture with Mini Mouse, like, you know, think about what you're doing there, grown grown, nothing wrong with adult. I'll tell you I would get judged for doing that. The reason why I pointed that out, by the way, was because I can't picture me doing that, because I feel like everyone would look at me and be like, dude, no, what's he doing trying to trying to hug and.
Speaker 2: Kiss like Daisy Duck, you know, Okay, hold on or Cinderella.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Scary adults go to disney World and Disneyland because they want to relive their childhood and they enjoy it and it's fun and they get to be carefree. That being said, I've gone to I've gone to six Flags and taken pictures with bugs, Bunny and a Tasmanian Devil because it's fun. I know who's in the costume. But I'll tell you this, no is I don't have any problem taking a picture with my kids or myself with a character that I like. If I if I go and I see my favorite character at disney World, right like, if it's Goofy or or or or or Goofy, I'll take a picture with Goofy. Then I post it and like, oh look too, Goofy. Guys, different story, hold on, hold on, I'll tell you what is a little creepy When I grown ass straight man wants to take pictures with Jasmine because she's barely dressed, like she's a genie, right, Like you know what I'm saying, that's all under the same breaking taking pictures with the Little Mermaid, but like nothing but but a seashell bra. Yeah, it's a little bit.
Speaker 5: What about what about Disney adults that get all that. I've seen videos of them losing their ship. They're they're crying and they're like, oh my God, and then there's dreaming, screaming, and then they're hugging, hugging, you know. Okay, Mickey, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Yeah. First of all, I can't.
Speaker 14: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Let's discount before anyone leaves a talk back. Let's discount people who might be have different, different outlooks on life or maybe slightly different than the norm people. Yeah, I'm not talking about those people. No, No, I know. Let me tell you why people who are the norm might react that way. Let's say you didn't grow up with a lot of money. Let's say you grew up fantasizing and dreaming of someday going to Disney World like all the other kids, seeing it on television, seeing it in movies, and it's your dream and then you're thirty seven years old. You've got a week off from vacation, you've been saving up for years, you don't have a lot of money yet you've never been on a plane before. Okay, alright, all right, and you fly to Disney.
Speaker 4: Now you're in.
Speaker 2: You're a life's goal coming around a dream the top of the mountain is seeing Daisy or Minie Mouse or Mickey. And it's not about you know, they're not real. It's about what they represent there is. They represent the happiest place on earth, and this place that's been a goal. Look, I've been at Disney World a dozen fifteen times. I've been lucky enough in my life. But there's people that don't have that kind of I understand. And if that's the.
Speaker 5: Way you're putting it, then well, well then you know, shame on me. But I have for whatever reason, I I can't.
Speaker 2: I am I'm a guy who does not. I can't stand. Not that I can't stand. It's like I can't get into the fantasy of it. I can't see beyond the reality of what's going on. And it's to me, I see a person in.
Speaker 5: A college kid in a costume, so so like it's the same thing about the way I feel about going to strip clubs. I can't enjoy myself at a strip club because I can't get past the fact that it's all I see is women there trying to steal my money anyway they can get it, and lie and say anything they can to get.
Speaker 2: As many dollars out of my pocket as they can get. So so I can't subscribe to the fantasy. But that's just who I am just saying. All right, So, first of all, some people don't go to strip clubs to have the women tell them they love them. You go to see something that maybe you don't see in your everyday life. Again, some people don't get to go to Disney World. Well, no one intended. So sometimes strip clubs are for people who don't get to see pretty, attracted, naked women in their lives. So whatever the case, the point being that scary, Let's okay, what you've met celebrities. Right when you met Donold Schwarzenegger, you got excited, you wanted to get a picture with him.
Speaker 5: But he's a real person. He's not going to take off a costume like it's Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: And he's liked kids.
Speaker 2: Scary that was midsentence. Arnold Schwarzenegger is just a man from Austria that came to America as a bodybuilder and then he put on a costume scary and pretended to be a robot, and he pretended to be a cop, and he pretended to be all the things that is in the movies. He's not really those things. So just like the person really isn't Mickey Mouse artom, Schwarzenegger really isn't an alien. He isn't really a killer of aliens nobody, but he's still but he's still the actor who played those those in those films. Mickey Mouse is a seventeen year old girl in a costume with a head on. It's not the original Mickey Mouse. It's not like not about it's not about who's in the costume. It's what the costume represents. It's a Disney World, and Disneyland are goals. There's somebody. I get it, like families, families save up and drive four days to get there. I understand all this stuff.
Speaker 5: You're not you're not you're you're you're painting an awful picture because I agree with you on all these points.
Speaker 2: Of course, and why do you keep talking No, no, because I don't. I agree with you on all of this stuff except for the fat soul. At the end of the day, if I'm sitting there, if I'm walking through Times Square and I see dirty Elmo there, all I see is some some rando in a costume playing the part of someone else. You don't, but you don't see the difference if you took Mickey Mouse the actual costume, or this is this slice time, what's going on here? If we took an actual Mickey Mouse costume, Let's say the same actor from Disney World went into Times Square is Mickey Mouse, it wouldn't be the same reaction. It's not about the costume. It's about what Disney World represents and what Taking a picture next to it it's it's like making it official, you know, like when you met Sabrina Coppiner, people like pictures are didn't happen. You take a picture at Mickey It's no different than going to the Eiffel Tower and pretending to hold it up, even though it's been fifty years of people doing that and it's hack and it's been done. You know what, when I went I did it. I get it because it's as you know, but the understand But you have to you have to separate fantasy from reality. That you might be in Disney World and you're having a great time and you could be crazy.
Speaker 5: But I would sooner if I hadn't been to Disney my entire life and I show up there, I would cry at the thought of being there on the ground, ye, buying these rides but no understood.
Speaker 2: But but to see Mickey Mouse in a costume, knowing it's not it's just it's That's where I have to draw the line. It's just a little weird. That's all, one lass thing, one less thing, all right.
Speaker 23: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hold on. I know I wasn't actually holding the Eiffel Tower up when I took that picture of me holding the Eiffel Tower up. But it was fun. It was fun, okay, And there's sometimes in life you have to like not think about and overanalyze and just enjoy it. Look, when I went to Star Wars Land, I took a picture a Chewbacca and I was very excited to take a picture with with Chewbacco. Okay, I know it's not Chewbacca. I took a picture with Darth Vader. I know it's not Darth Vader, but it was cool to get a picture standing next to something I've seen ice in the movie. Hey, I suppose I I'm not gonna scary. We had we had BB eight. We had BB eight up, who is a droid from the Star Wars movie. We took pictures with BB eight. It's a round ball, and it's a round ball from a movie.
Speaker 5: And in retrospect, hold on a second, if it wasn't the original round ball from the movie.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a replica. It was a replica, and yet we all took pictures with It's just weird. R to D two R too, D two was it the last?
Speaker 30: You know?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what got me excited? I went, okay, hold on. I took a picture with Ed Norton's hat from The honeymoonersh his actual hat that he wore in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 5: In every fucking one of those episodes of The Honeymooners, they his his son or someone from his family. His grandson brought Art Carney's fucking hat to the radio station.
Speaker 2: I had to take a picture in it, because that's the freaking hat. That's not a replica, not someone, it's not someone pertaining to be the hat. It's the hat, you understand. So that was exciting that I was God. I got one last thing, the Stanley Cup. Same thing that is the cup. I'll take a picture with that, But but these other things are not yet. You and I have very much been excited to and taken pictures with mister Met and it's just a kid in a costume. Mm hmm yep. We put our arms around them and we get excited and we're like, oh my god, it's mister Met. I don't know. Yep, yep. Yeah. All right, Well, because it's iconic, iconic, I feel like.
Speaker 5: We need to rerun this on the Brooklyn Boys, this segment because I feel like, if you you're gonna miss this is important.
Speaker 2: I feel like they get they missed it. If you only listen to Slidey, if you only listen to Yeah, if if somebody in a big bird costume came up, you would take a picture with them. All right, we gotta take another break. What are you doing it? It's podcast?
Speaker 21: I know what they do.
Speaker 2: We run that on Brooklyn Boys. Here's here's what we'll do. No, No, the next time we miss a week because you're on vacation and maybe will make that part of a like a best of show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there are definitely people who listen to Brooking Boys that don't listen to this. That's why we saved the material. We save the actual material for this is not our show. This is the Slice Time show.
Speaker 2: We have taken.
Speaker 5: We've stolen this from the slices right now, this is there. They've got to reclaim their time right now.
Speaker 2: It's about ninety percent of people who listen to brook and Boys listening to Slice Time. So but the ten percent that didn't hear it, they should, let's make sure we tell people to listen because that was great. Okay, so where do you wear Now?
Speaker 1: There's a new version. It's cost Scriller the rapper that's right.
Speaker 29: Six seven, which is actually he exposed himself says say the white witchcrafts and six I.
Speaker 1: Called it and seven is another Deamon.
Speaker 5: You never said that together and stop we we we definitely stopped. I saw that conspiracy video though that's going around. That's a viral video that that Liam saw that.
Speaker 23: I saw you.
Speaker 2: All right, it's not real. I stops not stop it, No witches. I guess I'm wrong again.
Speaker 34: Too long of it in tes fussy mosk.
Speaker 4: So your dona get too cold, and you've got to wear them. Mature that they met yourr So get.
Speaker 34: Some white ones, some pink ones, some blacken, some blue, some deal ones, some yellow.
Speaker 2: And purple ones.
Speaker 4: To go, don't despair.
Speaker 2: You got to wear your fuzzy muffs.
Speaker 18: I like it.
Speaker 35: When it gets cold out to put those muffs on every winter day. It keeps your years once sky.
Speaker 2: That's right. It doesn't matter that you look so gay.
Speaker 34: Oh, get some white ones, some pink ones, some black and some blue, some deal ones, some fucker bus to Oh no space.
Speaker 2: On those fuzzy muffs. That's right, but the man, yeah, thank you, mother trucker. All right. So here's what I'll say. That may be my favorite parody that he's done so far. Really, the intro is a little long, a little too much instrumental, and I would have rhymed blue with shaw truce all right. But other than that, goose counts very good. Is he contain? Does he have continue here? I think he continues? You know the song is the perfect length. Don't keep going. Yeah, the s nowhere is geary. You be you, man, We're here to support you.
Speaker 4: Any decision you may, man, We're not gonna judge you.
Speaker 36: Okay man, Remember you're gonna have the sleepover of a lifetime. Man, You're gonna be circled jerky under the stars. Oh man, long sword fights by the campfire to midnight.
Speaker 4: Lets you fall to sleep.
Speaker 36: First prop back mountain revisited. Man, Remember what happens at the mountain the monkeys came.
Speaker 4: Man, have a great time and your yearly sleepover.
Speaker 2: Hopefully your dreams come true.
Speaker 4: Man, And you can't finally let loose and let the world know where you're coming from. Okay man, we love you. Feary be you man, I love you that loose man.
Speaker 2: Let everybody know.
Speaker 16: You.
Speaker 2: Good work, good work. He's even faded himself out. That's amazing. Faded out, is he?
Speaker 5: I think that was our very first talk back fade out self fade out. The usually end abruptly, But that was like, that was nice, all right?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 37: Wow, Hey guys Sean from Washington State, Brody Lloyd, first thing you think of is a black man. Ah, The amount of crap you would have given scary if you would have said the same thing. That is hilarious.
Speaker 8: What I say, Hey, guys, Sean from Washing State.
Speaker 37: Brody, Brody, Broddyrody, quiet, quiet, quiet, Let Scary tell a story.
Speaker 8: You cut him off all the time.
Speaker 2: He doesn't all you're waiting board that next little joke, that next little joke one in a while, great, and then.
Speaker 8: You have to tell your story right in the move that reminds me of a joke, and you throw the guy off. Let the guy tell a story. His story's on crap. I think I'm making Brody mad.
Speaker 37: Yeah, anyway, Hey, yeah, Brody, just you know, I know, buddy, you love hearing yourself talk.
Speaker 8: I you know, I love you guys so much. Could make me laugh breaking much. But just sometimes, just sometimes, you know, Lettle Scary tells some of his stories. You get to talk a lot, you do, you do great stories. But let him talk, let him finish a sentence anyway. Oh shit, I pissed him off again.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing about this, the thing about David Brody is, uh, you know, you all forget he grew up as an only child, so he was just just speak out and wouldn't have to wait for anybody. And the case that is the case. You're an only child, and that is a perfectality. Nothing to do with why I speak the way I do. That is he's scary, Yes, scary if you if you shop for a second, okay and let me talk. Ah. No, I am the way I am because my mind raised and I have a d D yes and if I don't get out what I need to say, I'll forget it. You have nothing to do with being an only child. No self control. No, it isn't about self control. Scary is the fact that the same thing that made me an unbelievably fast comedy writer for the Morning Show, where I could write jokes down before Elvis finished talking, is the same thing that makes things pop into my head. I'm not able to wait because I'll forget them. My mind has fifteen things pop up immediately. So I apologize to Liam and to you. But has nothing to do with the fact I'm an only child, Liam, to do with the fact. No, it wasn't Liam, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's okay. Continue, see I already forgot you already forgotten. That was Washington State called. It is has nothing to do with being an only child, as do it. The fact my mind races and by the time I want to say what I want to say, I'm already ready to say the next thing. So it isn't about triggering my voice. Isn't about wanting to hear my own voice. It's about the way my brain works, which sometimes a good thing and sometimes a bad thing. It's also I sometimes I'll say something out of that's inappropriate in public situations that I should have thought about for a second, but I don't, and I get myself in trouble. This is true. That's the real explanation. Good, take a breath. I'm far from good. Unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Now, I will say, though unrelated to that, one of the qualities anyway, what I was going to say, an only child.
Speaker 2: Is selfishness because they never shared anything. I'm just saying. I'm not saying this applies to you, but that is it. That is one of the qualities and one of the traits. Okay, guess what. Sometimes people with siblings don't share because they're sick of sharing because they never had anything. They never had anything to themselves. I, on the other hand, always had everything to myself. Therefore I do share things because I never had to share them as a child. So you should take a psychology class every once in a while. Let's get back to slash time and share share the parting for doing.
Speaker 5: Let's share the podcast with the slices because this is their time, not ours.
Speaker 8: Boys, Jersey, but.
Speaker 2: Very good impress.
Speaker 15: I wanted to vent about something. This really grates my cheese, you know that saying from the show Brooklyn ninety nine. Instead of grinds my gears, they say grates my cheese. So with XAM now they they start the song when you change the channel, and if it's a DJ introducing the song, you keep hearing the DJs and not the songs.
Speaker 8: Brooklyn Boys, hold on something.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa whoa that came in two minutes apart from one another. Satellite radio on its own has no fucking idea when you turned it on. What you're talking about my assumption now, if you're going through the app, yes, but in your car radio some cars, when you like, for instance, on my Dodge charger, do you connect radio if I switched to another channel, it has a buffer of a half hour and it will switch and start at the song when I switch channels. But that's the radio doing it. Not serious ExM. Now the app, I can't swear to but in the car they have they they're not controlling when the song starts in your.
Speaker 8: Car, Crooklyn boys, and it's always Brodi that's not him, it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 15: Another thing, whenever you want there to be a red light so you can like pour a drink or take a step of a drink, move something, you never get the red light.
Speaker 8: Ever, how's that happen?
Speaker 2: That was a great impression, by the way as well. I don't know, but that that's just Murphy's law, right.
Speaker 15: So, And speaking of von Valdez, did anyone else notice he didn't do the intro on every talk pack last lice time. I think he did a couple of times, but not everyone.
Speaker 8: Let's see this.
Speaker 2: Time, no we mentioned that he followed the rules.
Speaker 17: Hey, Crooklyn boys, Jimmy from Queen's again, Jimmy, Now that I ever do that skinning in your.
Speaker 14: Underwear to measure you bullshit?
Speaker 11: Whatever.
Speaker 38: When I'm in Victoria's Secret trying on bras and I'm in the dressing room and the sales girl comes to the dressing room to see how the brofits. Do you need a bigger size, you need smaller size, you need a different style, I get self conscious just from standing.
Speaker 14: There in my broad my jeans in front of one sales girl.
Speaker 2: I could see that. Yeah, I also Scary also, by the way, doesn't like standing in his broad jeans in front of the sales girl.
Speaker 32: This is Shannon from Ohio regarding episode three fifty six. Brody, Brody, Brody, you got to give Scary a break on this rowing bit. Scary's been doing an awesome job. I think you guys need to do a row off. Maybe Scary you take Brody to the gym and do a row off. Brody, I know you're in great shape with all that pickleball, so I think it'd be an interesting bit for the podcast. Love you guys doing great, Scary, we should have Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the chouragement. We should do a row off. I'd be up for that.
Speaker 4: Hey, God, what's going on? It's still yeah, boy, chuck a head one more time. Yes, the re Barbarino ten fall, ten fall.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 26: Yeah, No, I wasn't one of these leashed parents, you know, although I did see them around, you know, and it did look a little lot.
Speaker 4: It looked like it was a little cruel to the poor little suckers.
Speaker 26: But you know, uh, they probably did that, you know, to keep the kid out of trouble and keep theirselves out of trouble because some of these kids, you know, they'll go around and they'll break stuff in the stores. Yuess who's gonna have to pay for the whatever they break? You know, it's gonna be on the parents, you know, So they probably do that for that reason also. But uh, you know, I'm not too judgmental about those people. I don't see anything.
Speaker 4: Wrong with it.
Speaker 30: Now.
Speaker 26: If they had the leash around their neck, you know, then that would be a total different thing, you know, I think that would be wrong. But anyway, you know, no, I was not a leash parent, you know. And I want to go back to a couple episodes ago where you were talking about.
Speaker 4: Stupid things parents say. You know, my parents worked hard.
Speaker 26: You know, they were tired, you know, so they didn't have any time and if any stupid scenes, you know, they just got right down the business. The only thing I would hear was the sound of the of my Daddy's built swishing through the air straight.
Speaker 4: To my butt tucks or my or my mama's slipper.
Speaker 26: They call it a chunk ask any Mexican kid about their mama's chunk.
Speaker 4: Oh, that thing would fly through the air and you could just hear and if you didn't ing time, that get you right on them.
Speaker 26: But I did have a couple of Anglo friends and their parents did say a few things that I thought were a bit odd. And like one time I went to go look for my friend Brian and his daddy told me and no, he can't come out. He's in the dog house.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what, why would anybody put their kid in the doghouse? That's ridiculous.
Speaker 26: And then my other friend Craig, he was messing around and is that to you? Better settle down or I'm gonna give your ass a shellakin, And I'm like, why the hell is he gonna shellack his asses?
Speaker 4: Is he an n tam wall or what is he gonna sand his ass? First?
Speaker 26: kW Wa trucker again seventeen. Yeah, I was confused about what those parents say. I never heard that before in my life because my parents just got right down the business.
Speaker 4: Whack whack, next kid, let's go.
Speaker 26: That's the way it was. You know, guys, I'm gonna have to leave it there. But I'm gathering my thoughts on what exactly to say about uh Scooty's broke Back Mountain sleepover Winnie Roast retreat.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna think about it. I'll get back to you maybe nixt last time. I don't know. Okay, audio so gud.
Speaker 2: I'll give you guys a reporter in that on the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait then from Ohio. If your boys are that cheap and camping came.
Speaker 2: Or something whatever you talk about your friends, scary.
Speaker 39: Scene bag and the camouflage side or just go step your fuck car, all right, pathetic, whatever it is, whatever it's said up is just stick your car.
Speaker 2: This session, Windy in Ohio. This you left that. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but scary car is a which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ohio.
Speaker 29: So six seven I found out some squirrella. Turns out he's open it by his witschcrafts.
Speaker 2: All right, we already remember you left it. He left us the night before. We already we already heard that one.
Speaker 1: Liamper he was not the lifestyle.
Speaker 7: He mos.
Speaker 1: Two different demians seven and.
Speaker 2: He never said that. He never said that. Yeah, we have to cut you off because that that's a fake video. Thank would say. He's already explained that the sixth seventh thing meant nothing. It's nothing, okay, I love you, I love you, Liam Hey.
Speaker 14: For boys, Jennator from Queens one last time, and yes it's the last one. Scary show, you guys said, no one wants to have dinner alone with Brody. I'll have dinner alone with Brody. I know a really good pizzeria here in Queens.
Speaker 25: It's one of those places where that has the booths attached to the wall with the little salt and pepper shakers with the red pepper.
Speaker 14: Flakes in it. You can get chicken palm with your choice Apasta.
Speaker 18: It's awesome.
Speaker 14: I'll have dinner alone with you, Brody. Fuck's Gary, Brody.
Speaker 2: It's all you. Yeah, have a good time. I'm getting jealous already.
Speaker 1: De food is up?
Speaker 30: De boodo, Brody man, why are you on the Julie from Queen's Stay me from Queen's He missed Lion's main mushroom reference.
Speaker 27: There, scary.
Speaker 15: I don't know if ash Reganda would help with that.
Speaker 1: I take that.
Speaker 30: I've been taking it for a while.
Speaker 15: I got a recommend it to me for stress and Brody, remember you said the nurse of the I just shouldn't be chewing gum.
Speaker 30: Well she was chewing gum. Well, she recommended it, but she was nice.
Speaker 8: She was hot.
Speaker 40: Hey bee boys, Christy from saddle Okay, well that.
Speaker 2: Was the end of hidden all right, Christy from Saddlebrook. All right, continuing along, Christy.
Speaker 40: It's all you, hey bee boys, Christy from Saddlebrook. And I gotta tell you, Scary, you are no less of a man for wearing ear muffs, especially the one eighties. They're perfect for men. I purchased them for my personal trainer husband, and he's tall man's man, and he wears them all the time in the winter and when it's super cold and windy. I bought them for a friend of mine he was in Chicago, who just started walking. He loves them. Gandhi was way off on this one. Scared keep wearing them.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and I will proudly appreciate you. That's that's the confidence I needed to go out into the cold tomorrow and put those ear muffs around my head.
Speaker 1: And Scary.
Speaker 2: All right. This is the final stretch and we got a lot of them to go.
Speaker 23: Just going on. Brooklyn Boys met from upstate, commenting on the Last Lifetime. And this is in reference to the talk back that old girl left saying that going to the Sabrina Carpenter concert or the Halloween party makes you look like a pedophile. I actually disagree. The Halloween party maybe, but it was a party for your buildings, so I think you're fine. You're just attending the party for your building. If you went to a random kids Halloween party, then yeah. As far as the concert, if you're a fan of Sabrina Carpenter, then who the fuck cares? If you're going by yourself. I guarantee, unless you're looking at little kids or you're trying to talk to these little girls, nobody gives a fuck. You know, they're in their own zone. They paying attention to what you're doing on stage and having a good time. If you're a fan, thank you fucking go bro. Just don't, you know, try to talk to no little kids while.
Speaker 2: You're Trust me, I won't.
Speaker 23: Overall, though, I think my main point is just if your intentions are in the right place, you're not doing nothing shady, you're not trying to be a fucking weirdo, then who the fuck here? The other people think? Gotta stop worrying so much about other people and just enjoy suf bro A.
Speaker 2: Lot of slices had that opinion here this week. Okay, all right, this one is super random.
Speaker 23: Beginning of this episode, Scary you, Well, both of you guys were talking, and I forgot exactly what the conversation was, but Brody said, or we're trying to say the word integral, and I believe he said it incorrectly, and Scary you make sure to correct him. And I'm just wondering, since Brody is such a stickler for grammar and he makes sure to correct you, does it make you feel good when you got to correct him, Like, I got you, motherfucker, you fucked up.
Speaker 2: Now I just do it if I have it. Yeah, people get into they don't say integral the right way to say integral or for whatever reason. But yeah, it wasn't a lack of knowledge. I just slurred my word, but I did say it. Yeah, I get I guess I get. I get a little personal joy out of correcting him, I suppose. Yeah, I'm not at the speed at which I speak. Sometimes I flubb it up the words, but it isn't for a lack of knowledge on the word so, but yeah, except when it talks to talking about guns, then then he's completely lack of knowledge. That's not words, that's a lack of knowledge. Yeah.
Speaker 23: Well, another super random ass comment. But a couple of weeks ago, I was in I guess in Europe Guy's part of Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 23: I don't go over there often, but every couple of years from my job, we have to go over there for training. And when I do go, I usually go to L and B's. And I did not realize until this year that Spamoni is some kind of ice cream gelato or something like that. Oh yes, is that place more famous for the pizza or the ice cream equals.
Speaker 2: Yes, the upside down square of course, with the cheese under the sauce and the and and of course they which is there. It's basically it's like ice cream, but it's okay. So, you know, water based ices are you know, have chocolate and lemon and all the stuff that's water and sugar and and you know flavoring. This has a milk based something to it, but it still has the texture of Italian ices. That's what pomonia is.
Speaker 5: And it's chocolate vanilla and actually chocolate crimelata and pistachio make up the rainbow the tricolor of spumoni.
Speaker 2: But it's not quite ice cream either. It's certainly not gelato. I'm gonna read the the Ai explanation, but what it is, go for it. But Demoni is a layered, molded Italian dessert made of gelato, whipped cream and various mix ins like candied fruit and nuts. While ice cream is separate, simpler frozen dessert made from churned custard based it's not accurate. Spamoni's gelato bassis turned slower, is denser and contains more milk, resulting in a lower fat productive product compared to richer, arier American style ice cream. Yeah, but Brody, you also would agree that that Spamoni has gives off the taste of like an Italian ices and not ice cream. No, it depends on the flavor. No, No, I'm talking about the texture. The texture. The texture is a little grittier. It's gritty like an Italian ice. But it's not milk ice, whatever the case, whatever the case. To answer his question, the Spamoni there is also very famous. But I go there for the pizza, and while I'm there, I will get a spamoni, but I don't go there for the spamoni. We're going for the pizza.
Speaker 5: But but what makes the place legendary and so popular after all these years is the fact that it has two signature outrageous things, the pizza and the spamoni, because people go there for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's definitely it's not just a pizza, but it's the pizza and this promoting.
Speaker 5: Some people are just pimoni fans and they go there for that. But you know, it's rare to find a place that's known for two things. This place is fair to say.
Speaker 23: All right, apologize with leaving so many talk back to spend from upstate, but I know I wanted to comment on something last I believe it was the last episode. Brody was talking about being tipsy off of Bailey's okay, but then he said he mixed it with his milk. Who the fuck does that? That is, in Ghani's term, is a shit yourself special. It sounds disgusting, but I mean, if you like it, I'm sure it doesn't make the milk taste better, but why not just drink the Bailly straight anyway?
Speaker 1: If you like it?
Speaker 2: I love it. Later it milks it down a little bit. It's like chocolate. So if you've ever had a white Russian, right, that's kalua and milk and vodka. So I like so yeah, it waters it down. But I like the flavor of the the Bailey's but not the strength of it. And if I want to drink more, I have to cut it with milk. Right, you can see how milk where it works in with milk. I like kolo and milk. I like Bailey's and milk. I like flavored liqueurs with milk. It's all right. I wouldn't put. I wouldn't put like Golliano and milk. I wouldn't do you know, like like whiskey and milk. Okay, but I do you know cream based?
Speaker 9: I'll vomit a broken boys m JSM NJ and behind I just finished three.
Speaker 14: Yeah, scary.
Speaker 16: I think it's fifty.
Speaker 9: Percent guy girl guy dang, because you know you're kind of sensitive, but your whole broken guys. Yeah, those those are like really guy guys.
Speaker 14: It's not the norm with people being that way.
Speaker 18: Gandhi.
Speaker 9: She could be very feminine, but she gets a warm whateveryone. So I definitely. I don't think, oh that's gandhi. Yeah, she shouldn't have taken offense. Actually I find that as a compliment push you kind of. I don't know, it's just what let's throw out and she's a menace. All right, guys, Uh, I have a good week. Also, well, I would have went to just to bring the call in the concert. All right, So you're a guy your own cares really seriously, you should have went so w all right.
Speaker 2: Take care of but you should have gone so boys.
Speaker 23: This is in reference to the last lifetime who knows what number the lady from Orlando who said she hears a lot of boys in her high school saying stuff my dick all the time, and most of them are not gay.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 23: That is one of the ultimate levels of disrespect. And tell somebody that because you really want to like stab and you really want to get under the skin, and most places you get punched in the face of that. I'm assuming those that are saying it Cavalierly has never gotten punched.
Speaker 2: But there you go. Okay, he broke up.
Speaker 1: It's brought in a scary scary Jones.
Speaker 41: How how traumatic do you think this kid on the lish is it's not okay, we're not giving him crack.
Speaker 2: This kid is just as you know.
Speaker 41: I know you don't know this, but we don't actually have memories until it's five, maybe six years old. Yes, you may have a distant memory of your tools.
Speaker 18: Or but.
Speaker 2: What four youn remember when you're four?
Speaker 41: Actual long term memories don't start until you're five. Now again, I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Heard, because you only heard.
Speaker 4: Is the kid calligy or not?
Speaker 2: Right? Does the kid has diarrhea or not?
Speaker 41: But have you ever heard of the terrible twos? When some kids just go crazy and the parent has no like time for that. Then you put him on a leash because the kid is crazy and it's running around rampant. The kid on the lish is more for the parents safe mind that this kid is not gonna run around and destroy something. And when she needs him to pull back, then he'll pull back because this kid is crazy.
Speaker 2: And that doesn't mean that the kid is actually crazy.
Speaker 41: It just means that he's acting crazy and the parent is doing it for you know, safe keeping. Okay, scary Jones, are we okay breathe scary breathe he broken bozzy over this and it is always brought and scary on there. Eric Nago controversy. I'm sorry to tell this to your friend. It's already happened. It's already happening. This already happened because the computer already knew and said, oh, man with mamboos, I'm going to get him a shirt. It's not him. He has to go get measured on actual tailor and then and yes, this is AI at his finest. It's being introduced in all stores and people of a certain bodies hype with certain missioners are given a certain amount of clothing, and that's what they get.
Speaker 2: Just go and pick your want yourself and do like question was would you do shirt?
Speaker 41: Go say this fits, I'm buying this ship.
Speaker 2: The question was would you do it? Not the history of it? Just play along? Would you strip down and do a digital scanning? That's it, not looking for the outlook in the future, because then I won't buy clothing. Curious one. And by the way, the hippocampus forms in your brain about three and a half. Three and a half is when you can expect to have long term memories of certain things. What are we laughing at? That was rand them. I'll take it.
Speaker 42: Hey, guys, we're from Connecticut, but it will be Marion now. So my son, he was born in ninety six. When he was about two years old, I was pregnant with my third son, and he used to just bolt. He would just run so fast. And I was eight months pregnant with my third son, just running after this kid holding my stomach. We lived on two hundred of the Broadway. He should have had one of those leash type of things. I wouldn't call it the leash of safety purposes because over there there was a lot of traffic, a lot going on, and.
Speaker 8: Just ran a lot. He was just a runner.
Speaker 42: So I get parents keeping their kids safe, especially in busy areas, because they may just be like, oh.
Speaker 40: Look the street and run out.
Speaker 4: Oh a car, you know.
Speaker 42: So I apployed parents who know their kids well and keep them safe.
Speaker 2: No objections. But what if your eight months pregnant and your kid is pulling in, pulls you over like a dog when the dog's bigger than you, when it pulls you down the street. All right, this is the last one. We've made it to the end. Brody, congratuate relations to both of us.
Speaker 43: Sorry, welcome back you guys, but I just want to say it wouldn't scary talk about on vacation. I say scary not to come home early. You are married, kids, pet Steven. I think for you guys take care of She doesn't even live in your apartments, so she's alone anyway most nights, so I don't really see.
Speaker 2: But I did come home early. That was several episodes ago. Absolutely I did well. I just wanted to do the right thing. So thank you. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Aren't canal so flowed you always great hearing from you and all the slices. We appreciate your feedback as always overtime today, thank you. We'll see you later this week on the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like reactions, This podcast all depends on you, baby, DECI
Speaker 9: Free j