Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Slice reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episode three oh one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know. Way to four hundred, Scary so close.
Speaker 3: It's a quick turn to here, Brodie. I mean we just put this episode out a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, today is July seventeenth. Is it the eighteenth? It's the eighteenth? You know what today is, don't you? What's that? Today is the seventh anniversary of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Happy anniversary, Scary Jones, Happy anniversary, Brody? What do you get at me? I was gonna ask you the same thing? What is seven years? Seven years?
Speaker 4: As?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We should google that paper, but certainly not gold or diamonds. That's it might be it might be a free dessert. I know you're find out you're googling it. Seven seven year anniversary?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Some copper and wool? So you owe me a sweater made of pennies and wool?
Speaker 3: Right, I was gonna sae. I thought it was gonna be wood, and I was just you can have you know, Yeah, I don't want I'm well aware that there's not much copper. If any copper left in pennies these days, I know, I want.
Speaker 4: To holy nothing.
Speaker 2: So all right, so happen You've got a diversary someone that remembered, Thank you for remembering, and you should have baked us a cake or gotten a slice of pizza. So it's nice, I can. Oh so good? We say one, we mean like four minimum, half a pie, half a tray, and L and B L and B have a tray. Oh my god, can I tell you what I found? You know, listen, it's a tragedy when you lose a parent. And we've talked about how you and I lost our moms.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: But you know, as an only child, I had to go through all my mom's stuff and I found, you know, jewelry and money here and there, and I found gift cards TJ Max, you know, Marshall's sure. I found a gift card. I know you could see it over the screen.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: It's in my pocket because I found it a couple of days ago in one of the boxes I hadn't gone through.
Speaker 2: Got a pocket full of sunshine. Yeah, it's an envelope. It says a gift for you, and when you take it out, can you see what that is hold it up to the camera. WHOA, Hey, what it is? It's a picture of lmb's Pimoni Gardens And it's a twenty five dollars gift card that my mother didn't get to spend. And so I'm going to go to Brooklyn in the near future and buy myself a half a tray of the Sicilian pie at lmb's and I will enjoy it as a gift from my mom. How do you know that there's still money left on there? How do you know that? And it hasn't expired?
Speaker 3: I called, I gave him the number. All right, good, it's still in the system. Well, I'd like to award a prize, if possible. Our friend, who was it that did our Brooklyn Boys three hundredth episode montage?
Speaker 2: Adam? Adam?
Speaker 3: Geg gg gag gag me with a spoon. Yes, Hey, congratulations, Adam. We're gonna hook you up with a one hundred dollars AMEX gift card courtesy of the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're going to send you a Brooklyn Boys three hundred episode T shirt. Yes. So I will reach out to you via email. Yes, and they get all your information and your size as a reminder because I remember from last time, and let me know where to send the gift card. I got it.
Speaker 3: We got it done. I got it done in the background, all right, So congratulations. But that that's just for all your hard work and energy for because that that was painstaking.
Speaker 2: That took a long time to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it took a long time for us to do. Yeah, it was a sixteen minute montage. I mean that's dedication. All right, let's get to the talkbacks. This is not the episode. This is the episode about the episode, so right, and then we'll talk more about three hundred episode shirts a little bit, right, Okay, So a lot of these comments coming in, they're all talkbacks from listening on the iHeartRadio app. You hit the talkback button and you left comments like.
Speaker 7: This one brody and scary, scary and brody.
Speaker 2: It's deays.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to drop this little line for you today to let you know that I saw this on the internet and it made me laugh and think of you guys. For episode three hundred, it was amazing. I loved everything about it. Roses are red, ballads are blue. Nothing says I love you like a little hot tour. All right, guys, With that said, episode three hundred was fantastic. I love all the songs, Brodie. You did a lot of work, and hopefully the bougie bastards back from vacation and can entertain this with some fucking stories.
Speaker 3: Baby, all right, off to a roaring start. I see, thank you, dav It looks like she's back again. She at four forty four make away one voicemail for each bomb. That's my angel number. By the way, four four. It's my angel number. Really, what is angel numbers? They usually like ya two to two, three, three, four, five five.
Speaker 2: Yours is six sixty six. We know that, all right? Thank you? Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just hope that after all this jet setting and being a bougie bastard that's scary, it's got some good ship to tell us. I hope there's some good stories and some things that we can hear about his little vacations and rendezvous. Uh, you know how, I.
Speaker 2: Just want to live vicariously through him.
Speaker 7: You know, he's traveling all the time. You know, here I am working hard. No, I'm just kidding, not that he doesn't work hard. He deserves vacation too, But anyways, I just like telling him he's a boogie bastard. All right, guys, much love jazz, bombs out, mab.
Speaker 2: Thank you, this bombs all right.
Speaker 5: Missus Zach guy from the Scranton area to Rock and Steve chokes on Dick about the old forged pizza role number.
Speaker 4: One about correcting someone. Be right.
Speaker 5: Also has a blend of cheeses which includes primarily Matael among Cooper Sharp being in Munster being part of the blend to light flaky crust, very delicious, and it's just a.
Speaker 4: Different type of pizza, the New York pizza.
Speaker 5: It's very good, and New York pizza is really, really, really good as well.
Speaker 4: My wife worked in New York City for six years.
Speaker 5: She grew up in fish Kill, about half an hour over the Newburg Beacon Bridge. So Rock and Steve chokes on Dick rule number one, be right.
Speaker 3: I'm going to a wedding tomorrow up in that area, the Fishkill Beacon area.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot of fun. That's not New York City at all. It's a nice area.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's not a half hour. It's like ninety minutes north.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and wait, Friday traffic, sucker.
Speaker 3: It's a half hour from the bridge, that bridge, not this bridge, not two hours tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Good luck, Brody and Scary. So it's a sky there from Cincinnati. And as a certified personal trainer, Scary, I gotta tell you can build that functional strength and keep it for as long as as you want to. You just have to stay consistent and that means doing it every single week and going and finding Jim and your exotic vacation spots is actually really fun. I believe in you. Just keep doing what you're doing. Man, Thanks Pal, I appreciate that. It's so nice of all Rightler encouraging.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brooklyn Boys, Brody and Scary, Scary and Brody. This is Kelseyton, Texas. I listened to the Happy Birthday America song and the Vacation Song with my boyfriend. We loved them. The eighties rap version of the Vacation song was our favorite. Just an idea, but you could clip the part in the three hundred song that has Brooklynboys dot Bigcartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot Com as a promo jingle with all the different versions you have of it.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's the website you can get some merch Remember Brody, and I signing all of our commemorative three hundredth limited edition march for you through like the last week of jright, so get your orders on ninety six Yeah okay, Brooklyn Boys dot Big Cartel dot com.
Speaker 2: And the Brooklyn three hundred logo designed by David Brody.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, and and and you can have that printed on a uh what, a hoodie, a T shirt or a tank right, you can get and all sizes available.
Speaker 2: What do you know? Part two?
Speaker 9: So I figured this would be at least something a little new for the slices and scary still hasn't brought the jingles back. Oh and Brody, I am Hispanic. My family's Mexican, so it's food especially. I tend to switch to the Spanish pronunciation just because that's what I grew up with. I'm having to do a lot more of the switching between English and Spanish pronunciation while I'm working events for my Mexican bakery.
Speaker 2: Anyway, love you guys, Slice for Life.
Speaker 3: I want I want your opinion on the Golden CORRALA COMMERCIALA yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: You know what they say? They said?
Speaker 6: What is it like listening to the Brooklyn Boys podcast and I always tell people listening to the Brooklyn Boys podcast, it's like going into your favorite restaurant and ordering your favorite meal, and it's still better every single time. Keep it up, Steering Brody, Brody, Scary, Scarodi, and many. Congratulations on three hundred episodes and here's to three hundred more. Lice for life.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sarah, Thank you very nice.
Speaker 10: Hey Brooklyn Boys. It's Maria from Union City. How are you doing? Two things? One, I wanted to thank Scary for all the replays during the time you guys were on vacation. There were a couple of Brody episodes. Yes, it was so nice.
Speaker 4: To hear Brody again. Also number two, huge elephan in the room. Are you guys allowed to talk about Carolyn and Greg?
Speaker 10: T Okay? Bye? Thanks, love you guys.
Speaker 2: Nice for life. Hold On, can I address something about the best stups? What she's talking about is when the Olviustred Morning Show was on vacation, Scary is in charge of scheduling what classic audio plays right, and I guess the second day, maybe it was a Monday or Tuesday. My I'm sleeping till eleven. I've told you guys that my phone starts going crazy. It's seven forty or something. It's my dental hygienist. She's all excited. She says, Oh my god, Brody, I heard you on the show. Are you back. I'm so excited call me text me back.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not back, scary, just schedules because I'm funny, some funny shit, right, exactly right. If I was back anyway, I would tell you guys, exactly. She's all excited. Seven o'clock. Don't I said, what do you text me?
Speaker 2: Is really for? I thought you were back in radio? Shut up? Don't text me again. I love her, but you know, thanks, I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Finally, listen to the July fourth Free Dessert episode, and I just love the songs. They're really just brilliant. You should say brilliant, Brody, Man of the People. I love the synthesizer version.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that one was cool.
Speaker 11: Mary Christy again, that was not supposed to send. But the synthesizer version of the Big Jation tune was my favorite. It reminded me a little bit of the Grady loved it and the Happy Birthday America. Fantastic, fantastic loved it.
Speaker 2: She's mesmerizing.
Speaker 11: We kicked a lot of ass.
Speaker 2: We did we gotten to that.
Speaker 11: I love you guys, Thank you all.
Speaker 12: Right, thank you.
Speaker 2: The last line of the song is, it's been two hundred and forty eight years, We've kicked a lot of ass. Yeah, it's America, Amrcamica. Thank you, Christy I worked in Christy Sabrook.
Speaker 7: I had to leave.
Speaker 11: Another talk back because I'm listening to the dude with the fake voices who doesn't like hearing all eight songs. I totally disagree. I love listening to the different genres and then choosing which one is best. Keep it up, Roady, don't listen to the negativity.
Speaker 4: You're a fact.
Speaker 2: I don't thank you.
Speaker 11: Thank you all right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you hit it toned it out.
Speaker 3: It looks like we're already halfway through, so you got more coming up right after this.
Speaker 11: The Brook Glenn Boys podcast.
Speaker 13: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: By the way, I got interrupted by you and our callers, which is fine, they always come first. I was just going to say, the next time you schedule best of us for the next time you guys go on vacation, right, if you could please put the David Brody bits later in the show so that people text me later in the morning, oh and not text you at six thirty.
Speaker 3: Ye thirty seven, am all right to tell me they're all excited duly noted.
Speaker 2: Thanks all ask Okay, I don't know if this is recording.
Speaker 14: And that's the chance to the other MJ from J John say the sleeves Metal was good, ind Austria was good and oh god, I kid, I think the first one that was the vacation so good job, Brody.
Speaker 2: Thank you very good.
Speaker 11: I loved them all.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Wait you tell me again when you think this one didn't work, here comes number two.
Speaker 14: Okay him, Jacob and Jay again. I didn't finish listening to the slices thing twelve backs, but you know, people upset that it's too many songs or something for the AI, just like you.
Speaker 11: Know, I'll fast forward or something.
Speaker 14: But they're really good.
Speaker 11: The tunes are good.
Speaker 14: I love them very good. Brody, very good and congratulations you did that on your own. But two, the two date whatever when You're Scary was out all right?
Speaker 11: Part two?
Speaker 14: No, I say, Brody, that was really good that you you did.
Speaker 11: Those episodes while Scary was on vacation.
Speaker 14: The AI songs are wonderful. I don't care if they're the same lyrics. Who gives a who? They got good beat and you did a very good job. Must back scary, thank you? Uh to the podcast. All right, I'm out for now. I got to finish listening to the slice time.
Speaker 2: I didn't finish.
Speaker 3: Bye, okay bye, And maybe a couple of weeks you'll get to this slice time and she hears, yeah, So all right, all right, moving along.
Speaker 4: Brought it. Don't listen to anybody doing a weird accent.
Speaker 11: You keep publishing all the songs please, okay, we really need them.
Speaker 4: We like all the songs with the music. Thank you so much for doing this for us.
Speaker 2: Brody, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Is that the pot calling the kettle black? I not doing bad accents?
Speaker 2: She didn't say that.
Speaker 3: All right, this person, how do you hang up on us? That sounded like someone hung up on us? How do you hang up turning your talkback?
Speaker 2: It's just like you have to press the microL you play the sound effect into the phone. I don't know what that was. Uh, here we go again. That's two in a row. Is that morse code? Well? If you left to talk back On July fifteenth, at one point thirty.
Speaker 3: We're listening to your talkback right now and music to my ears. No audio in the cut, no audio, but it's rolling. There was definitely did you keepe?
Speaker 2: All right? Mostly one of your fans. Their voice wasn't going through.
Speaker 15: I'm trying to listen from the beginning touch up and it is July twenty twenty four, and I just heard Scary say on the Big Show that you hit three hundred, So let's see when I get there.
Speaker 2: Love listening, all right, you should leave your name and where you're from, but welcome aboard.
Speaker 3: Yep, we had number three. Yeah, sorry, I shouted us. I shouted us out on the Big Show.
Speaker 16: Many from Brooklyn. Guys just wanted to call about those chickens in those eggs cage three. I was a non believe, a light brow before through. But let me tell you the difference between the cage free and you know, cutting someone how much cage free?
Speaker 2: It's past pasture raised.
Speaker 16: And the big difference is the rest of them. They've grown indoors in confined areas and they eating grain, which they're not supposed to. It is not natural to them right, and pasture raised they're out. As I was saying, the pasture raised. They're outside getting vitamin D and sun and they're eating worms, and they're eating grass. Ye, they're eating and actual other animals because believe it or not, chickens are carnivoors. They're eggs. The yolks are actually orange instead of yellow. Lets you go to Europe, they are orange not yellow. Yep, they're much more nutritious if they're pasta raised. So it is worth spending a couple extra dollars.
Speaker 2: You lost me on the worms. This man speaks the truth.
Speaker 3: And yes, pasture raised, not pasteurized, and yeah, they get to actually get some outdoor space. The pasture raised eggs and they are bright, bright orange and those that's how you can tell you got a nice healthy egg. Shouldn't be yellow, the yolk should be like more of like an orange. That's a nice fresh egg.
Speaker 2: Thank you doctor.
Speaker 4: Hey Briklenboys Shamy from queens Here scary.
Speaker 17: You were talking about how when you go on vacation you want to eat nicer food, and.
Speaker 4: I completely agree with that.
Speaker 17: My dad tells the story that he and my mom were on a cruise and he was having you know, eggs and kippers for breakfast, something he normally doesn't have and the family next to him. We're having burgers and hot dogs, and they thought my dad was the weird one for ordering something he normally wouldn't eat it. Hey a Brooklyn boys, shavy from Queens again, scary?
Speaker 4: Come on, we know the reason you had an issue with the dog wearing the.
Speaker 17: Name brand bikini and the name brand dress just because it was dress.
Speaker 4: Better than you were. It had the name brand labels.
Speaker 17: You and nobody is a little to out bougie scary, especially a dog.
Speaker 2: It's not about that comes.
Speaker 3: It was positioned as a service animal, and I think they should take their jobs more seriously.
Speaker 2: I mean, not where Chanelle bikini's to the pool by the way, I thought she meant capers, but she meant kippers. With your fish and it's a it's a yeah, it's like a heroing. I mean it is a herring. Is it pickled?
Speaker 6: Story?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: No, it's salted and smoked, all right? Split open? Nice, that's you. That's a jewfish right there.
Speaker 13: Brooklyn boys always brody and scary. It's just from Virginia here and in regards scary to your friend who put the urinal in his house. No, it's not trashy. I, as a woman, would love to have a urinal in my house so that all the guys in my house would stop peeing on my toilet seat. And yes that's a female. They make devices so that you can use the urinal as well, so not a big deal.
Speaker 2: Really turn around and sitting it. Turn around I can do at the football games. By the way, I have news for you. You get a urinal, your men are still gonna be on the seat. They're gonna be deliberate about it now. Yeah, it actually goes what we do. We mark our territories.
Speaker 7: It goes with the territory, right, brody and scary, scary and brody. It's desk bombs from ct you back bit. It just here to let you guys know. I'm very sorry I missed last week's talk back. It looks like I was a day late, so I will send your episode three hundred love in this talkback.
Speaker 2: Well you did fantastic. I loved it.
Speaker 7: And my favorite meme that I saw on Facebook, which I dropped in the slice Facebook page, goes like this roses redis nothing says I love you like a little like.
Speaker 2: A hot Wow.
Speaker 3: The second time we're hearing that one.
Speaker 2: To waste my time.
Speaker 14: I don't even listen to Slice time to waste my time and no effort to put into it.
Speaker 3: Thank you well, I guess you won't be hearing your voice being played back right now because we're on Slice Time and nobody, nobody asked you, nobody said that we put effort into it. I mean, the only effort is that you guys, yeah, your show right. The whole point, the whole reason why I was created was so you guys could make the effort I Slice Time.
Speaker 2: We're here, I mean, we're Scary Time and we're still we're still here hosting it. We give our time. I had to sit in the room with a microphone. Did still effort?
Speaker 3: I gotta look at this mug, ugly mug on a screen from that's a mirror, scary, not a screen.
Speaker 12: What's up, Brooklyn boys, It's Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. Jesus Christ, Brody, after years of being a staunch supporter of you know, dog and making fun is scary for everything? What do I have to do now? I have to do a fund scary?
Speaker 2: Why No?
Speaker 12: Because you're fucking wrong, Brody? What the fuck the dog the Nyla that the York Hey, it's not a fucking service animal. That's an emotional support animal. There's a fucking difference, Brody, Jesus Christ, I thought you, Of all people, it's me again, not of the dog. Emotional support not a service dog. A service dog is professionally trained to do certain tasks tokaid people with certain tasks for basic life skills, whether that's helping a blind person cross the street, helping detect the seizure, or alerting someone if somebody has a health condition that's happening. A little girl dresses up her dog because it makes her feel better anxiety. That's not a fucking service dog.
Speaker 2: That's an emotional support exactly.
Speaker 12: Scary's friend Astra said the dog spent more time with Scary than me.
Speaker 13: Just further supports my point.
Speaker 12: It's an emotional support dog. Our service dog does not get distracted by anyone. It doesn't spend time with anyone else. It certainly doesn't get petted and fuzzled and loved by random people, even your friends. They're trained specifically to only pay attention to their owner. My rant is done, Scary, do not me, because I'm on your side.
Speaker 2: I know I love this is going to chime in for a second and go for she it looks like by the way, it looks like she dropped another one after this hold on. First of all, she's one of my favorites, so that I lost her for a second, and on my side, I'm heartbroken. Second of all, the past tense of pet is pet, not petted in that sense anyway. Here's the thing, it's not my place to tell the you slices personally and for me about my friend's dog, it's not my place to say the dog is or isn't an emotional support animal, right. We tried to keep it neutral because it's not our place to say why she has or needs this dog. If I use the term service animal, it was only in the sense that it serves a purpose for her. But it's not for me to say whether it's an emotional support animal or not, because it's not my place to say why she may or may not need a dog, whether any person has anxiety or or or or or any kind of issues. That's not my place. So I do know the difference between an ESA and a service animal.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I notice I didn't say ESA animal because I'd be let's hear her last got another one.
Speaker 12: Dog, dogs, fyi and cats. I love animals that better than people. I'm just saying you're wrong, party, and I'm disappointed.
Speaker 6: Disappointed.
Speaker 2: Well, I can understand your disappointment, but I again, I was only wrong in trying to protect a friend's right to privacy to make her comfortable to talk about the dog and the bikini.
Speaker 18: Hey, Brody or Canal from South Florida, welcome back, guys.
Speaker 2: That's sure.
Speaker 18: Mendy has also recommation on that kishka, the bit that you had at the beginning of the episode. I'm really surprised that in your place in New Jersey nobody could have recommended someone.
Speaker 4: I know here in South Florida, they're everywhere. Yeah, we have so many kosher stores. I got it.
Speaker 18: I guess it depends if you're looking for the real kishka, because a lot now are made with potatoes instead of Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, by the way, not trying to be like.
Speaker 4: The people on those spacebook groups.
Speaker 18: And I don't know where you live in New Jersey, but I know there's a place on like Noah's Ark or something and Elizabethtown that I'm ninety five to one hundred percent sure, definitely has it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of derma.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll just say nine.
Speaker 18: I've gotten food from there for it's a huge Jewish.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, sir Kocher.
Speaker 4: Very nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I I just looked up the town and uh it's it's a it's a bit of a schlept but I would go if I if I had to. All right, this person.
Speaker 3: Again, all right, another one? Oh right, that's test two. Should go for three in a row, and there's one. Screw the antenna on your phone. Now, this is not how we're gonna end slice time?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 2: There? It is? There?
Speaker 6: We go.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been it's been real always one more left, Oh maybe it's more clicking number one?
Speaker 3: Uh still commenting on number three? Oh one a service dog in a bikini. This is the last one of the night, folks, I mean, unfortunately we uh you know, this is what happens when we we have a quick turnover.
Speaker 19: But here, I always knew Brody was a comic, a real comic at heart.
Speaker 4: This is Danny the blind radio guy. By the way.
Speaker 2: Oh, I really shit.
Speaker 19: That back and forth between Brody and Josh had me rolling. I was crying and I've always said it, but Brody Radio in a sense held you back because you can really really let loose when you are uncensored.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dan, Dan, I agree. I agree with you. Baby, here I come. But Brody was held back all these years. Man. I gotta say, Josh was. We went to dinner later that night and Josh was just reeling from that conversation. Was the next night.
Speaker 3: It was the next night, the next night, Yeah, but he was. I said, to be honest, you guys, you know you go sparred back and forth there. I think Brody got the best of you, so he wants a rematch. I destroyed him. What he's like, what do you have three hundred listeners?
Speaker 2: I said, that's one propound. Thank you Solicus for contributing. Rose This pockets all depends on you talk about something that baby offense. You're could be on excise time free jazzer