Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck Where Flavor gets its Wings.
Speaker 4: Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: You are not looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza. But it is rainy, and it is wet, and it is forty one degree.
Speaker 5: There we go. There's a big ten out there, and what the guy going on out there?
Speaker 6: Kurt, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 5: Forty one degrees rainy feels like thirty six. The howiday is fifty three. The low tonight is thirty six degrees.
Speaker 6: And chewing me man for now, Shannon Gross, Jesse's coming. I'm Kurt Chris in the back.
Speaker 5: One job to start together.
Speaker 6: We're trying to make Hanging with the boys. People will feel us when we speak.
Speaker 3: There you go, brought to each and every day by Wingstop where Flavored gets its wings.
Speaker 5: So yes, it's just me and you. Jesse's driving in.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of traffic because of the You think he would have this traffic thing figured out.
Speaker 5: It's the same drive. Just get up in the morning and Google map.
Speaker 3: Yeah traffic, How long will it take me to get there?
Speaker 6: The weather?
Speaker 7: I mean it was his decision to go at nine o'clock, was it?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, if you're not going to be here when you when you request the showtime, I mean, I don't know what else we can do for you.
Speaker 5: Right it was.
Speaker 6: You know, the weather did make it a little little slowed things down a little bit today, But you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 7: I think I could probably be a weather man.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 6: The report.
Speaker 5: Do we even need weather men anymore?
Speaker 7: Because last night I was watching the weather guys like, oh, it's not going to rain that hard. It'll be like little light sprinkle around the Metroplex.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 5: If you look outside, Yeah, it's it's coming.
Speaker 7: I tell you, it is worse a sprinkle.
Speaker 3: The one thing I have learned about Texas weather is anytime you get a a twelve to twenty four hour heads up, it's not as gonna be near as bad as they make it out to be. If you get a day of like this is coming, it's gonna there's gonna be hail and this, and yeah, it's gonna be some bad weather, but it's not gonna be like as bad as that they build it.
Speaker 5: Up for a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the ones that just blow up in like an hour, thirty minutes or an hour that come out of nowhere. That's the bad ones where you know, hail the size of soft balls and everybody's oh, that's the worst. But yeah, I mean, do we with all the apps and technology now, do you even need the weather men?
Speaker 6: I guess I don't know. I guess some people still watch it.
Speaker 5: I mean, doesn't it kind of I watched.
Speaker 6: I can't really the last time I watched it, you knew.
Speaker 3: Don't You used to have to like forecast and go do science equations.
Speaker 5: And it's all computer model calculus.
Speaker 3: Now it's just don't you just pull it up on the computer and he goes, Yep, the wind's blowing this way. The cold air is coming from here, the more airs coming from here, and here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: The Panhandle needs this. This rain by the way up to them right all the fires.
Speaker 3: Up in the oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we had some really strong winds a couple of days ago and got some wildfires out in Texas. Thoughts with those folks, So well, Kurt, let's kick it off with while we wait on Jesse. Nate, by the way, is out on the road. Surprise. He said he's visiting family, so he's probably probably.
Speaker 1: On the East coast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would imagine, So we haven't. He hasn't checked in today. We just heard from him last night.
Speaker 5: So while we wait on Jesse. Stephen Jones has been in the news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's out at the Scouting Combine, which, by the way, do you watch Scout and Combine?
Speaker 5: I watch.
Speaker 3: I'll keep up with it on social media. I don't go out of my It's kind of like the Pro Bowl. I don't go out of my way to go look at stuff because to me, it's like right, I mean, what's unless you're just like a.
Speaker 5: Total you're a total football nerd. You just consume everything NFL. I don't really keep up with it.
Speaker 6: I'm the same way. If I'm just sitting around whatever, all might check it out. But I respect to those people who sit and watch it all day and keep track and look.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that stuff matters. I'm sure on a very deep level it matters. But this tells me everything that I need to know about how much I need to keep up with the combine. Have you watched the overlay that they bring back every year of Patrick Mahomes running the forty. I guess he ran like a four to eight, and every single quarterback that's that's in the combine for like the last two or three years they put up an overlay of them running in the fast ones are like they finished ten yards ahead of where he's at. Yeah, and every year he brings it up, he's like, y'all, please don't do me like that. But he ran a four to eight. So it's like, do measurables matter? Yes, one hundred percent. I'm sure they do at some level. But at the same time, some of that stuff is just.
Speaker 6: I always love that photo of Tom Brady back in the day yeah shirt list, and it just.
Speaker 5: Looks like it's like a dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some frat boyd had too many beers or whatever.
Speaker 3: So no, the question, the answer is, I don't really keep up with it, now, do you?
Speaker 7: If something kills the forty, you'll know, trust me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they'll put it every Chris, you're a football nerd.
Speaker 3: Do you keep up with the combine stuff other than having to go cut clips and things like that?
Speaker 7: Probably the whole cut clips thing, that's about it for the draft show. But other than that, I will not go out of my way tonight.
Speaker 5: Really, I will not.
Speaker 3: I would figure you would kind of be into that with your connections with the scouting department and cut and tape for the draft show and everything.
Speaker 1: I thought you think.
Speaker 7: I think some of the scout nowadays are I think them moving it to the afternoon actually hurts them in a way because it's a very long day, I've been told. Because it used to be in the afternoon, so they would do like meetings in the the they do meetings in the evening, but they have a cutoff, right so because all the meetings are scheduled throughout the team, so everybody can get everybody in the meeting, right. So, but now they do in the evening. Apparently it's a very very long day, and.
Speaker 6: It's pretty explain that. Then they now they're doing interviews and stuff.
Speaker 7: So they'll do the interviews with like say, for instance, I think the defensive alignment go tonight. I'm not really I haven't seen the schedule, but I just saw a little bit on the NFL network and they were following defensivelignment around. I'm assuming they go tonight. So the actual testing is the actually yeah, so the actually it's it's for primetime TV, right, so so, and like the big name guys will probably go on the weekends like Saturday at a good time or whatever, or Friday or whatever it is. And but the meetings, the actual sit down meetings with the teams, we'll go on at a hotel. I actually did it once, me and Gina Miller went and did the meetings with our with our scouts, and it's interesting how they do it. They like blow a horn and then they just rotate to the next meeting. It's kind of crazy. So back when I did it, Drew Brees was in that class. So it's been a while. Wow.
Speaker 3: If you go look at some of these, and let's be honest, Chris, if it comes down to three or four games of Call of Duty, you're watching the combine, yeah, and you get your hook backed up.
Speaker 1: But I know.
Speaker 5: I have not been on since.
Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 3: I haven't win for Jim probably win for that's the last time I played. Did we ever tell you about that, Kurt, I don't think we had a buddy.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we're going off the rails here.
Speaker 3: We had a buddy that had never won a game of Call of Duty, right, no matter who he was playing with, he had never won. So we it was me, Chris, my buddy, Nick, Kyle Yeoman's Kyle.
Speaker 7: Was lined up, so if any of us got tired, we were going to do rotation.
Speaker 3: So we all went and bought like case of beer, whiskey whatever you were drinking and turning COVID COVID and we were starting at like seven o'clock and we were playing until we till Gym won a game, and we were going to go in shifts, like we were going to play for like three or four hours and then let people rotate in.
Speaker 5: And Kyle was lined up and we had we had like six or seven people.
Speaker 7: A lot of people that want to get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris made a graphic that we texted out to the group and then we placed like like our buddy was like had an over under on how many hours in it would take to win, and he almost hit it on the nose.
Speaker 5: It took us about three three and a half hours to.
Speaker 3: Win those but we were we were literally ready, and we all told our significant others, we're doing this. It might take us forty eight hours with no sleep, but we're doing this.
Speaker 5: So you got to take care of the kids.
Speaker 7: You're dumb, Yeah, honey, Yeah, when you're starting at seven hundred and you.
Speaker 6: Were talking about this, I thought was like twenty four hours, you're all at it.
Speaker 7: And but we were will we were willing to go to the Maya.
Speaker 6: Then we got to go back to ye, back to the wise excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun that I.
Speaker 7: Still have that club because I was recording.
Speaker 3: It and yeah, that was the last time. That was the last time I played, I think, so I got back in it.
Speaker 7: It's been a.
Speaker 3: While, So back on track, Y, what has mister Jones been saying out at the I know they've.
Speaker 5: Talked about DAK, They've talked about other things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of it, you know, is a normal kind of coach speak type stuff. You hear where they want to resign DAK, they'll get it done. They want to resign Micah, they want to resign CD. They got a lot of work to do with the salaries, obviously, you know, they asked them about some of the current free agents. Didn't sound glowingly that you know, a guy like Tony Poller would be back, but there's some others and I think if they can work out to do you know, Sean Gilmour, obviously, the guys like Tyron Smith, you know, they they want to want them to be back if this salary is right. But you know that's they got a lot of work to do there. And then the one thing that kind of maybe associates more with our show because we spent a lot of time talking about it last time, was the you know, the culture that he was asked about the culture because obviously there's not a talk been coming out in that stuff. And you know, he's not worried. Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 5: So and even if it is worried, he's not going to say yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, he can't come out and say, God, we sucking around here.
Speaker 1: But the locker room is a problem yeh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Or we're going down in fast. But yeah, I mean, it wasn't anything or shattering, I guess, unfortunately, but that was the one that jumped out to me just because we had talked about it so much about Obviously, I think people do think maybe there's some culture thing we'd like to see Micah Parsons being number one on that list. I'd like to see some culture changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you mentioned Tyrant. I think that's a very interesting one because I think going into this year, it was like, Okay, we all know he's falling apart, right, this is his last year here, They're not going to re sign him. And all of a sudden, he gets through the season pretty healthy, real healthy by you know, by his history, and now all of a sudden, it's like, hey, for the right price, you got to bring you bring him back because there's no better option, right, Like, you know, I think they need to improve the offensive line, but I think with these other priorities that you have with.
Speaker 5: Dak and Micah and all.
Speaker 3: This other stuff, I think your goal is just don't get worse at offensive line. Like, I know, you got some issues, but you got I mean, you still got Zach Martin, you still got Tyler Smith. You got I mean a seventy five percent Tyrannt Smith better than ninety five percent of the league, right, you got. You know, could you improve in some other places, yes, But I think as long as you don't get worse.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see him get better.
Speaker 6: But that's the problem I think is that when are they going to get worse? You know, they're they're going to get if they stayed pat where they are with Tyron Smith and Zach Martin. I mean, those are great players, but they're just getting old, you know, especially Tyro with his injury history. But even Zach obviously still one of the best guards in the game. But you know, father Tome catches up at the Eventually they don't start addressing that now, it's gonna be too late when they have to dress it right. So and then you know, can Terrence Steel come back? Is what they're going to do at Center. I mean, there's a lot of things to look get there.
Speaker 5: So yep, all right, let's take our first break when we come back. We have a special guest that just joined the show on Hanging with the boys. Will be right back.
Speaker 4: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolele It's made with real hals. Avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yo Kiro's wide range.
Speaker 4: Of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local Gross Tree Stores, Produce or Delhi section.
Speaker 1: Grab some today.
Speaker 8: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to so whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See geek has you covered? Download the sea geek after they see you're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 9: How's Wingstop sound? Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and saused tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy casun fried corn.
Speaker 1: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 9: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: The second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: This weekly deal, get old man, my memories.
Speaker 1: Going this weekly deal.
Speaker 5: I have to I have to pause and think, Okay, who's second segment? Who's third?
Speaker 3: But, ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for making their way to the show.
Speaker 5: Jesse.
Speaker 3: Holly, Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for getting here today. To Jesse's defense, the drive that he makes from south of Dallas, if there's any kind of weather. By the way, I think I read this correctly. Dallas, Texas has the worst drivers in the country. I think I read that on social media like a week ago. If there's any precipitation in the area, people lose their minds and forget how to drive. And there's multiple wrecks anytime it rains. And the route that you take, I'm assuming you go up the toll way.
Speaker 5: If there's a long drive again with yeah, it's what forty five minutes, and then if there's a day I've been.
Speaker 3: On that before on a good, clean, clean day, I've been on that before coming to work because I used to make that drive up here when there was a wreck that actually shut the toll way down.
Speaker 5: It took me an hour and forty five minutes to get to work one day. Because if it was one.
Speaker 1: In between, like there's like not many exits, so like you know, if you get caught in between.
Speaker 3: Like you're just stuck and if there is an exit, everybody takes that exit and then you're stuck in and.
Speaker 1: Then like the exit you caught you can take. You're kind of going through like the richie part of the town, like it's like Preston and like, so all those areas have like roads are like this big yep. So, and you better not speed through them because there's definitely police cars there there with you know, five million dollar homes, seven million dollar homes. Then you know kV be zooming through there. Yep.
Speaker 5: So we're glad you made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so glad to be here.
Speaker 5: Sorry you get delayed, but made it. So we haven't gotten very far.
Speaker 3: We talked about very anti climactic segment that Kurt was supposed to give us real cool breaking news about Stephen Jones comments from the combine and he said, he said, uh, yeah, well you didn't really say a whole lot.
Speaker 5: And we're like, okay, cool, let's go to Breton. Jesse's here, So that about all you missed.
Speaker 6: Ready for you to carry us.
Speaker 1: So I guess we.
Speaker 3: Could talk about the grades that came out because that was a big topic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, that's that's everybody loves grades. Man.
Speaker 5: You pull those up and let's go through those.
Speaker 3: Because there was some that were surprising to me, and then there was one that was real surprising to me that Will.
Speaker 5: Let Jesse were.
Speaker 3: But I think that the explanation justifies why that grade was there.
Speaker 10: I think what explanation you have one that there's not enough personnel? Yes it was, it wasn't It wasn't a I don't think it was a factor in the a personal thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, so you want to go down the list, it's kind of yeah, for that explain set this up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for those who don't know, the n f O p A, the players Union has started doing a report card on each team. I think this is the second year.
Speaker 7: This is the second year.
Speaker 5: Yes, and uh it's anonymous, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's anonymous from the players and it's it's put out there as this is supposed to be helping free agents like these guys.
Speaker 5: Just f y.
Speaker 3: Take this with a grain of salt. Because the Chiefs were ranked what thirty, Oh yeah, they were that second from the bottom or something.
Speaker 7: So the ownership got an F minus worst owner in the.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, give me an F minus in ownership and two Super Bowls in the last five years or three.
Speaker 5: Give me that F minus.
Speaker 6: I'll take it, no doubt.
Speaker 1: But that's a bad look though, right, kind of like for the ownership.
Speaker 7: But the thing is that they do, I mean, you think about those owners do live in Dallas, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's also so much of this so much then if you're around then they're like, you're in my business too much.
Speaker 5: So then is it like I mean, I mean what it's and there's too.
Speaker 1: Are of my business right in the sense like you read.
Speaker 3: That you read the the new the new owner of the Commanders is sitting in on interviews, which you know, good for them.
Speaker 6: They have the worst drinking in the league for the second worst drinking what you say, ranking first drinking in the.
Speaker 7: In the league the command Commanders.
Speaker 6: They're thirty second the last two years overall. Yeah, most of these grades are It's really about the facilities, right, I mean, Kansas City has some old facilities they need. They were supposed to. I guess they told the players last year they were going to redo the locker rooms and all that, and they they didn't because they said they played too long and went to the Super Bowl so they didn't have time. So for the for.
Speaker 5: Them, come on, you just made all that money in the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You can you can expedite some some changes.
Speaker 1: Now on they're losing the first round. Next shot, I need Patrick Mahomee like, well, I guess we have more time to the locker room.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think Jacksonville went from like twenty eighth to like fifth because they've opened a new training facility.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot of that is a lot of esthetic stuff and amenities and things like that.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 6: But here here are the grades. There's put ten or so.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: Treatment of families. The Cowboys players gave the Cowboys an a fourth of all overall. The food and cafeteria, this one kind of surprised me. Actually it's a B, which last year was an A. I'm surprised that because that's a good food in there. I don't know what the problem is there surprises.
Speaker 7: I mean sometimes I see they have sushi and steaks.
Speaker 6: Better food than who's complaining.
Speaker 1: About that because they don't get dinner, you guys, These young kids want chicken fingers in French fries.
Speaker 7: I mean just when you play the Grandies right for like Grandy hitting, no Grandy's hitting.
Speaker 1: Grandy would hit. No Greties were going there, and but the grandis would be fresh. They'll make it on site. Oh really yeah, yeah, they have granties like someone like on the little the grill you come in and gets breakfast, your Texas waffle in the little Texas waffle maker.
Speaker 7: And I think the cafeteria is the size of our podcast.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was small where so for those listening, Valley Ranch, like, here's a great setup.
Speaker 5: Like you walk in and it's how many square feet do you think?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Probably three four thousand square feet over there?
Speaker 1: Probably like cafeteria. It's just think about the size of a Golden Corral. Yeah, almost aside the whole inside, the sole inside of a Golden corral.
Speaker 3: And it's so it has a it has a salad station in the middle like an island. Then it's got a grill that's got your burgers and your your grilled chicken and your chicken strips and all that. Then it's got a pizza oven in the middle, and then on the right side pizza ovens in the middle, grills on the left if you're looking at it, and on the right side they have whatever the meddle is especial, Yeah, that they rotate out. So you got three different options plus salad, plus dessert, plus all kinds of drinks in this thing.
Speaker 5: Valley Ranch. You just went back into the break room and it was literally the size of this podcast.
Speaker 3: It was, and it was a buffet line and you just got a play whatever it was, that's what you got.
Speaker 1: But it was good. We would have Papa Bros. Catering and we would have like we would have it would be good stuff to catered in, but it was this. It was Jimmy Dean's.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that the barbecue place, wasn't you yeahs they had cat fit.
Speaker 6: It's always a Mexican Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was good food. It just the presentation was.
Speaker 1: Come and get it. Yeah, just come and get it.
Speaker 5: And then and then it was like like vultures.
Speaker 3: When y'all would get through and y'all were done with it, like whatever was left, email would come out and boy, I tell you what, like accounting would hit it hard.
Speaker 5: Accounting would be.
Speaker 3: The first the first ten people on line would be accounting. And then when they ran out, they ran out. So if you got back there quick, we got the scraps.
Speaker 5: But you know, on.
Speaker 1: Those good days, but we take we take styrofroam plates home like.
Speaker 3: Double up, have some dinner, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: So I don't understand that. Yeah, sorry, I stopped this down.
Speaker 6: Nutrition has got to be I guess that fits all in the locker room is an A. That's obvious. Training room was a C minus and the training staff was a D plus. And I think that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about that, because that really really surprised me because every every player that I've known loves.
Speaker 5: The training but yeah, they love they love the trainers.
Speaker 3: They they I mean you you have a great relationship with the trainers, like they you know you still when you see them.
Speaker 1: It's those guys.
Speaker 5: So that really surprised me.
Speaker 3: And we were actually talking about that kind of off the air that like, wow, that's that jumped out to me. And I don't think that's I don't think that's a reflection of the actual staff. That's a reflection of some other things.
Speaker 6: Right, No, go ahead, Well, they just they don't have enough people. It's like they're waiting to get taped or stuff like that. They don't have the same equipment. Apparently they don't have a SNA. I guess that kind of thing. So it's more about again the facilities in the structure of the amount of help, not the people that are here, but the people that not having enough.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, and and yeah, I think it's it's not like when you look at you know, Jim Our or Britt or Greg like. It's not the trained nurse. I think it's more so of the when you talk about you got when I played, you had fifty three guys, and then you had six or eight practice squad guys. Now you've added more practice squad guys, and you know, and and now there's so much more of that players are looking to have. As far as you know, staff, and I know that there was a there was a cutback in staff a year ago under Mike McCarthy. I don't know how far that trickled down because remember the Cowboys had one of the most robust staffs in the league and Jerry was like, well you know what there's and cut some of that down. So I don't know how far that cut went all the way down. And do they have enough people in place to be able to go in it and to serve the the the athletes, because let's be honest, there is a there's a pecking order. It is that that's and I think that's anywhere you go.
Speaker 5: And you talked about that on game day, you walked in it.
Speaker 1: It's a pecking order, man, It's a pecking order like trust and believe you me, if the sixty million dollars a year quarterback get on the table, let me get my you have to get off the table, like it's just what it is. And so maybe some guys feel a little bit jaded because of that, or if the franchise defensive incomes in. Guess what if if you're on the table and you're not mid like taping, if you haven't started yet, you have to slide over like he goes next. And so I don't know, I don't I mean, I think it's more the lack of number of people to serve each of the players than it is the people that actually serve with them.
Speaker 3: Are there more because I know, just general health wise, people are into more things like there's cupping, right, and then there's red light therapy, and there's cryo and then there's yeah that we don't have that on.
Speaker 1: Cold on like pulling the cupping. They may have someone come in, but most of that stuff. And here's the funny part about it, because it's technically technically that's an added bonus, right, So it's like I get how some owners and some ownerships are like did you see the check stuff that you got in your locker this week, like you made you made a couple hundred thousand dollars this week. So why do I have to provide cupping for you to.
Speaker 5: Pay a couple of hundred this week?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Like I just paid you a couple hundred thousand dollars for a three hour game. I gotta provide cupping. I gotta provide the cryo, I gotta provide the messeuse, I gotta provide the the chiropractic. I got no. No, this is a this is a check stub where I just paid you four hundred thousand dollars for a three hour game. You go get your own company, You go get your own cryo, you go get your.
Speaker 5: Own Okay, sir, you get it.
Speaker 1: D No, but that's what that's what happens. So I get it.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, they ranked thirtieth and having enough full time trainers and twenty ninth and having enough physical therapist.
Speaker 1: So that's that's that's ye.
Speaker 3: So staffing, it's more of a staffing I wanted because it's staf. I just wanted to talk about that for me because that that really if you're just reading that and not knowing behind the scenes, you're.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, their training staff is that. That's not it at all. It's I think numbers.
Speaker 6: The NFLPA requires three full time trainers and they have them. They have four plus two grad assistants, which I guess is still considered.
Speaker 1: And then they also have like during training camp and OCA, they'll have some turns that come in that are kind of working alongside.
Speaker 3: And because I know at camp they bring in a full time uh like massus slash chiropractor. Right, it sets up in one of those rooms where after practice. Yeah, I think they do that, but I just don't know if he's here full time during the season, so they.
Speaker 1: May even have Remember when I was playing, they had a guy he would come in once a week and you kind of had to schedule it. Again, it's a pear believe the chiropractor, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, doctor Casper comes Yeah, Casper Casper comes in on uh I believe Fridays. Yeah, and again you had to you know, Casper is also the chiropractor for I believe the Rangers as well.
Speaker 3: So if there's a conflict there is that, well, these world champions over there, you guys have.
Speaker 1: To wait till later in the week. I don't know about that either.
Speaker 7: The schedules are kind of different.
Speaker 5: Just say kidding and kidding.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Let's see the weight room got an A. That's a nice weight room. Strength coaches a B plus. The Harolds, yeah they're a good crew.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 6: Travel was a C minus. And my understandstanding there is because Cowboys are one of seven teams that don't have their own plane, and so.
Speaker 5: There's only seven teams that don't have their own.
Speaker 6: Plane something like that. Well, so it's something like that.
Speaker 7: There was two teams that have their own play with Arizona and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of teams. What ended up happening was because I remember reading an article about this. It was what people failed to realize. It is, if you have your own plane, like you have to pay for everything. You have to pay for the maintenance, you have to pay for the storage. And that's the part that kind of gets costly, because when what do I need a seven forty seven outside of you know, February, March, April, May.
Speaker 7: June, July ten road games.
Speaker 1: Ten road games, So you're you're you're owning this plane for ten weeks, ten weeks. And so what teams started to do they started just to partner up with airlines. Airlines and they're like, you know, hey, you guys have these older kind of planes, and they kind of adjust them because you guys have all been on the planes before. It's there is no economy seating, right, there's no basic seeding. You have the first class, but then everything else is still pretty plush.
Speaker 6: That's what I got wrong. They're one of seven teams that does not offer first class seats to the players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're a cramped back.
Speaker 7: But the thing is is they did this year, so, but.
Speaker 1: I would they're not cramped years.
Speaker 7: The thing is like, so this year, it depends on the your own veteran. Yeah, there's only so many first class seeds on a plane. Let's be honest with you, right, you can't give the whole fifty two. There's not fifty two first.
Speaker 5: Unless they retro fitted and they have their Yeah, their own planes.
Speaker 6: Also said some they do have some players that have to have roommates.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but did you have a roommate when you were Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, And I don't know if it has changed, but the rule used to be if you were if you had four vested years into the league, you didn't have to have a roommate. If you had less than four years, you had to have a roommate.
Speaker 5: Which is the majority of the team, right, which is a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the team sometimes. And then I believe, if I'm not mistaken, if you wanted to, you could pay to not have a roommate. But guys who had had four years vested time in or more did not have to have a roommate, didn't have a roommate. Those who had less than you had a room. So like all the rookies had roommates. Of course the first year guy, just like you know, all those guys had roommates and your your vet vets. They were able to kind of have their own their own deal. Nice.
Speaker 6: The last two head coach got an A and ownership got a B.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: People love for you, Mike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as much as he's kind of come under criticism from fans and stuff, players seem to love him.
Speaker 5: When did they vote on this or when did they I think.
Speaker 6: It's I think it's earlier. I mean it's not at the end of the season. I think it's somewhere midway through the season.
Speaker 5: Because they were saying during the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they were saying that the Raiders had the worst coach, but they voted on it before.
Speaker 1: Yeahs interesting.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much weight ownership puts into that. I wonder how much they read it that much.
Speaker 1: It comes from your players?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they they They did say some teams did take that into can say consideration and did improve in some areas. So you'd like, hopefully Cowboys Away had trainers or whatever.
Speaker 1: But because I think I said it was like they looked at over seventeen hundred players, now give or take how that you know for what teams? What played from that team? Right? Like did that come from dactor? Did that come from right? Yeah? The Jesse Hollies of the world. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like, as these guys are hitting free agency, does this really is this a big factor at all? Do they pay much attention?
Speaker 5: You know, it's a factor.
Speaker 1: Money check?
Speaker 5: Go Hey, what was where were they ranked highest and lowest? They had what fourth on something?
Speaker 6: They were fourth in treatment of families, fifth in weight room, second in locker room, ninth and head coach and then they were you know, like we talked about before, training staff and where were Yeah, they were twenty sixth and thirtieth.
Speaker 5: And then overall, who were the top five in the bottom five?
Speaker 6: Ah, well, I don't I know. The top one was Miami. I think they were first two years.
Speaker 3: You could have some pretty crappy facilities in Miami is still probably.
Speaker 1: I don't see the probably Washington, Probably Washington.
Speaker 6: Washington was the word. They've been the worst the last two years. I want to say Vegas. It's pretty far up there on their third.
Speaker 1: You'd always try to think that have new facilities, right, So like the Rams are probably up there, the Raiders are probably up there.
Speaker 3: Chargers charge it and got much worse than the chargers where they were and where they where they are now.
Speaker 5: See if you put.
Speaker 6: Twenty fifth, are they really wow?
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our last break. When we come back, we'll figure something else to talk about. On hanging with the boys, be right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escaped left. He'll love for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands since twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, selling trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough? Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: See Gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you right here every week fan or haven't been here in years. Fan seek Geek has you covered? Download does see Geek after the Sea Geek, you're a taking the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 1: Enter today, back day Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: All right, what do you say, Kurt, I'm just talking to myself.
Speaker 5: Well you shouldn't do that on the air.
Speaker 3: At least go Mike off. If you're gonna talk to yourself, two others. You know, we have a limited time with Jesse since he got here halfway through the show. What's Chris Jones doing over there?
Speaker 1: Oh his uh yeah, yeah. He was on with the Kelsey Brothers and they were talking about yeah yeah, like look, yeah he talked about on the podcast with the Kelsey Brothers. He said, uh, you know, everybody was going with the long tights, like the long pants. He's like, I'm gonna do something different. I'm gonna go with the shorts. And he goes he didn't realize how short the shorts was and he goes, I'm running and he goes the next thing, you know, I just feel it fall out and hit my leg and like like Jason Cuss like what a flex? Like what like, what do you mean it fell out to hit your leg? He was like, what a flex?
Speaker 5: Wow, that is funny. They had to blur it out and he just kind of laid on the ground and adgested it.
Speaker 1: It was like he blurred like he he mumbled to us as he was running, Oh my bleep fell out. That is awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, last few minutes of the show franchise tag is anybody getting tagged this year?
Speaker 5: What are we doing with the franchise? Tag fellows, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so.
Speaker 6: I don't either, because I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anyone worthy of the franchise.
Speaker 3: Because they tagged someone what the last what three four five years? I wonder how long it's been since they haven't franchised somebody. They attacked Tony Poop last year, Tank the year before right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was taking I don't think before.
Speaker 6: I think they tried.
Speaker 3: The tight end the Shultz and at that and then who it was the year before that.
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 7: Tank got back to back years remember, and Soda that got back.
Speaker 5: To So it's been a while in seven eight years since they happened.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think that there's a player on this team currently right now that is that can't get a deal done or shouldn't get a deal done and it's worthy of a tag, like I think. However you feel about Dak Prescott, that's beside the point. The financial say you gotta do it like it's just you you you, and this isn't this is not This isn't a Dak Prescott thing. This is a Stephen and Jerry Jones backed themselves into this corner thing, and we can we can go all the way back to the time when they could have getten given Dak a contract for like twenty five or thirty million dollars per and they waited and waited and waited, and when they did the back to back franchise years, and all of a sudden, now you're stuck. And he contracted you into a no trade clause, you know, a no franchise tax you basically. And then now the cap number is so big you have to get a deal done in order to even function in the new league year, even though the number has gone up thirty million dollars and it did a year ago. I think CD is the next on that list to get a deal done, which will help with your cap space. And you don't have to do a deal with Michael Parsons this year. Like if you do one, great, but you don't have to do one and still be able to go out and do what you have to do in free agency and in the draft and so on and so forth. So you're not Tony potterch you gave him a ten million dollars cap hit. Sorry franchise last year. Boy, I feel bad for running backs boy, I feel bad for running backs. You're not doing that again, you know.
Speaker 3: And you know what's interesting, I think everybody's sitting around watching Saquon and whatever happens with that, because that's going to be your He's gonna set the market for the next He might be the last highly or somewhat. He's not going to get what he would have got three four years ago. But I think this might be the last time you see a running back get decent money.
Speaker 1: And I don't think he's I mean, even in the new deal that he gets, it won't be more than ten million a year, right, Like it may be like three for twenty two four, they.
Speaker 6: Seepot track has in market value like under ten ninety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now it's like six.
Speaker 7: It might be like, I so crazy that's changed for one thousand yards last year.
Speaker 3: So but it's so crazy how that's changed from just like falling off the table what the teams are willing to pay a running back.
Speaker 1: I think what you're also going to see in that kind of running back market is you're going to see guys now they're just gonna cause if I can't get the money, then I'm gonna go hunt rings. Like yeah, you might see guys like a Josh Jacobs or something like that, like with the Chiefs or with the Bills or some some team. They'll go, hey, you know, I'll take the one year deal six million dollars and then they'll instead of me out and say I can get up to ten million dollars if I rush for fifteen hundred and this many touchdowns and we make the playoffs and make the Like I think you're going to see more of that now where you see these running backs of notable name just start chasing the ring because like, do I want to do? I want to take six million dollars guaranteed to go play for the Chiefs or eight million dollars guaranteed to go play for the Jets, you know what I mean? Or some team that you know is not going to make the playoffs and is going to have a terrible season.
Speaker 5: Before I signed this contract. Is Aaron Rodgers coming back and playing or not? Okay, then maybe that factors in a little bit.
Speaker 7: I saw something crazy the other day.
Speaker 1: Maybe when it comes to running backs.
Speaker 7: Did you know that Todd Gurley is younger than Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he's been out of the league for three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, somebody told me that. Yeah, and knees.
Speaker 7: I know thinks Dereck Henry is the guy, right, yeah, but Todd Gurley used to be the guy and he's younger than Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: That it changes so fast, I mean, seriously, so.
Speaker 6: Fast running back.
Speaker 1: It's crazy yep to all my young running backs and high school in college change positions. This is my cautionary tale. To you learn how to back pedal, learn how to back pedal, learn how to play either we learn how to backpedal catch, either learn how to backpedal, or play middle of the field deep or in the box safety.
Speaker 5: To say it, or learn to catch loose some pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: With CD's contract, Jesse questioned, for you, do you think he waits? Of course, because he wants to see what everybody else says.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting. I'm waiting for Justin.
Speaker 7: Justin, wait for Justin, let him get his back, let him set the market, Like all right, I got my back.
Speaker 1: Now for sure. Yeah. If i'm CD, I'm most definitely waiting for Justin to set his deal. And if i'm his age, I'm saying the same thing, like we just wait, we'll we'll just wait this thing out, and if we have to, we'll wait it all the way up to training camp.
Speaker 6: You think he'll then just come under Jefferson or try to top him.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna top him. No, he'll come right on here.
Speaker 6: Kind of said that happening, that he didn't have to be the highest paid, but he's going to be one of the highest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll come right on the room. He wants that, but he wants that that twenty nine to thirty million dollar per like, cause I think Tyreek Hill has it now is the highest per average receiver CD wants a dollar more than that, and Justin will get two dollars more than that.
Speaker 5: So what do you think anybody getting franchise, Kurt?
Speaker 6: No, I don't think so. The prices are just too high. I mean, like Adorn's Armstrong you're gonna pay him what is it? Ed Rushers are twenty one million?
Speaker 1: No? I mean sorry, Durance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't think there's anybody.
Speaker 5: That's worth tagable, tagworthy.
Speaker 1: And again, like Adorn's Armstrong deal, if I did a multi year deal, I can get a Doors Armstrong deal for less than twenty one million dollars. Yeah, so it would be askingine for me to go ahead and tag him for one year for twenty one million. When I know you're not. I can get you a three year deal that's not that's not gonna exceed twenty one million dollars and save myself some money. You'll get a good player, but save myself a ton of money than Franster. And there's no one good enough that you fear leaving your football team right now. That's a free agent.
Speaker 6: If they Tyler would be twenty one million two.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just completely random. Is this a bit now that Steven and Jerry is doing with this whole Tyler beadisting? He keeps saying his name, keep saying his name wrong, but they still call him by Daz. Is this a bit that he's just.
Speaker 3: Holding up all or we all saying it and they know something we don't.
Speaker 1: No, they call him, they called him, he said it yesterday and another day yesterday. I'm like, is this a bit?
Speaker 5: What do you think Chris?
Speaker 7: He's from Arkansas?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, I'm not even just saying he's always been like like when pronouncing names has been hard sometimes.
Speaker 5: But it's like it's like Nate and then mister Jones.
Speaker 7: Nate has the same problem. He's always like a guy name like Nate actually got a lot better.
Speaker 5: Nate's gotten a lot better.
Speaker 1: It's more of a bit. Yeah, Nate's a bit. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love when he will pronounce your name right until you do something.
Speaker 1: On the field. That's his number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, earn the star, earn your name.
Speaker 1: But Steven in the national media, it's like, yeah, you know, that's a bit. Someone has to be like Chris.
Speaker 7: That's how he asked him to say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chris, do some research. See if we've been saying his name. Maybe we got well ask let's let's check that.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we could be wrong. We could be wrong.
Speaker 5: All right, we gotta go, all we gotta go.
Speaker 1: Jesse, good seeing you.
Speaker 3: Good luck with traffic, hurt, good seeing you. Nate, be safe on the roads, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz, thanks for keeping him company. What's my man's name, Josh Gosh, thanks for.
Speaker 5: Keeping us on the air.
Speaker 3: We'll be back next Thursday, same time, Jesse, leave your house at.
Speaker 5: Six thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I got seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: All right, We'll see you next week. On Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yes, well yeah, sorry. This has been a production of dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby