Speaker 1: Do you know the Farsie rapper Black Cecie.
Speaker 2: It sounds really familiar.
Speaker 3: Bro her.
Speaker 1: Fucking I don't speak Farsie, but the flow is wild to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, you always have the best music.
Speaker 3: Rex.
Speaker 1: I get all so much farcie content that I send to anim Like, what's this dude saying? What they laughing about you? So much of my algorithm is fucking Farsie created.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. You're not Iranian, No, Bro, I grew up maybe maybe geographically They're like this dude definitely grew up around persons and also like.
Speaker 2: A better accent than like most first generation kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because like Farsie has that like stank to it that it kind of like this is swaggy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just gonna say that is the hypothyroid Like pacing we are famous for throughout the Middle East with hyroid.
Speaker 3: Is just the same as drinking syrup.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like a combination of like hypo the relaxed.
Speaker 3: Like a little yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean like I'm like, I'm like, this sounds like she's right. I don't know, I'm like, this is a this is a rapper. I don't know what she's saying, I don't know if it's work. What's not in Jack mean that's what the thing was called. And yeah, that's the name of the said.
Speaker 2: He sucks a little bit. Not in just orange.
Speaker 1: Oh well she isn't, okay, I mean she's in the orange lambeau.
Speaker 2: So she's like a little orange Spanish like yeah, yeah, well because Spain, you know Morocco. Yeah right, and then the conquistadors and the you know.
Speaker 1: Right funny thing language, isn't it right?
Speaker 3: Funny thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like hypothyroidism meets hypermobility. It's like Iranian chill.
Speaker 1: All her videos are just hurt in Dubai like lambos. I'm like, I'm so curious what the backstory is, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's earning money like this from wrap, but I love I love the visuals. You're definitely bossing up.
Speaker 2: Where is the Lambo from.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter, you know, it could be a nast.
Speaker 3: The furious movies that they shot over there just left all the cards.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, we don't want to know, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll pair on the side up. Maybe we don't want to go down there.
Speaker 3: And just let's just enjoy the orange Lambo.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna get orange Lambeau forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. I don't want to why end up in someone's files?
Speaker 3: No, okay, I said it all right, And that was my first thought when I saw that a Steam files, I was like, oh man, could you imagine how hard it would be to be in those files? Right now? Wow, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four to fifteen, Episode four of Dr Daily's Guys. This production by Heart Radios, the podcast where we take a deep dive into america Shared consciousness. And it's Thursday, November twentieth, twenty twenty five. Mm hmm. You know what that meure is?
Speaker 1: It's National Rural Health Day. God bless them, God bless the Royal healthcare system that is holded by a thread.
Speaker 3: Hard to say that.
Speaker 1: National Absurdity Day. Oh, that's what the picture is. It's a dog with a wig on.
Speaker 3: Wait a second of absurdity.
Speaker 1: National Peanut Butter Fudge Day and National Child to Day whatever that means.
Speaker 3: I just like I can't. I can just imagine the person who created National Absurdity Day, and just like the energy VAMPIRESM like those ring like, so I think we should create a day for like absurdity, you know, like I don't know. I feel like I'm I like nobody gets my sense of humor. I'm so crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's see who even I'm creat We have no idea. Huh, I have no idea. I think I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: Is kind of what I'm saying. I don't worry about it. Yeah, bummer. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA. Some people call me a pure cowboy. Some called me a gangster of crimes. Some people call me Buba, but I swear I'm not Bubba. From those files, I was the potus Trump held m scrotis. We got some photos them putin stole those That one courtesy of Paul Moran vo on the Discord. WHOA that came to me in a flash. But I'm outside working. My hands are too cold to finish. God damn working hard in the Discord in the AKA Discord, thank you for that. Shout out to shout out to Bubba, whoever he may be.
Speaker 1: Whoever you may be, whoever you may be.
Speaker 3: Thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gras.
Speaker 1: It's Miles Gray aka ninety Day feyon say only Genie says watch is this?
Speaker 3: I it's the cognitive test. Shout out to First Blood five to two two on the discord.
Speaker 1: Yes, my theory that only the smart and most intelligent life forms watch ninety day Fiance holds to this day. Don't ask me my methodology. It's purely anecdotal and biased to reinforce the narrative that I need to put out in the world. But thank you First Blood for recognizing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I tried to watch it and it was too confusing to me.
Speaker 1: I just took I was like, what the fuck I can wrap my head around this ship man one of physics.
Speaker 3: I was watching quantum Leap. Miles was thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny comedian and activist, one of the hosts of the great award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim, Senior Fellow on comedy at the Pop Culture Collaborative. She's written in The New York Times. I wrote and performed a piece on NPR's Fresh Air. It's the hilarious the talented Zara nor By.
Speaker 2: High highs all around we're going.
Speaker 1: We're doing high high five and high are you good? You good? I'm bringing you in, wapping you up?
Speaker 3: Good, you good? Doing a complicated handshake, Patton, you real good on you.
Speaker 2: We're still handshaking.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's gonna be happening the whole episode. That's how the steps are in our handshake. Sora, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Ah, alright, I knew you were gonna ask this.
Speaker 1: Why are you getting a scroll out? Let's see?
Speaker 3: Okay, answer okay, okay, Yeah, that's a good answer.
Speaker 1: Actually answer yeah, parenthood. I'll beg you give a good answer to that. Has parenthood going?
Speaker 2: Parent Oh boy?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, I heard that. I heard that. I heard that. I'm alive. Yeah, I tell you my god, she's mating her lips really hard. O.
Speaker 2: Folks out there, has your daughter ever had a U T I? Oh boy, under the age of three?
Speaker 3: I believe that is yeah, that guy. I don't have daughters, but I hear I have heard from friends with daughters that that does tend to happen.
Speaker 1: There's a man with friends with daughters.
Speaker 3: I am a man whose friends have daughters.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have heard tell of these outies before all right.
Speaker 2: Fuck your little wieners that can take a bubble bath? Yeah can, As if I didn't need one more thing?
Speaker 1: Wow from a bath from the bubble bag. God, damn it, damn yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Not sick.
Speaker 3: Ingredients.
Speaker 2: But she likes to do splits in the tub.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't.
Speaker 2: Well do you understand that to test for a U T I and a two year old girl, they have to put a catheter in. God, it's either put a catheter in or put a sticky bag on there, right, or chase them with a cup. Yeah, and the other two options. Pediatrics hasn't found a way for it to not look.
Speaker 3: Like assault, right right, right, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I just chased her with a cup.
Speaker 1: There you go go, that's what doing. He just couldn't knock it out with some cranberry juice, huh.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: That's always like the remedy. I remember, I need cranberry juice.
Speaker 3: Cranberry juice boarding yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: Right, if anyone has advice out there, right, Like the doctor was finally like she probably doesn't have one, okay, just like got pissed on and then we left and we were just like it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Out man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for getting to the bottom of it. Doctor, She's probably good. You can bring the test back. I don't know. I'm looking at this. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wait, don't you need to like run it through something. Nah, just kind of vibe it out. Yeah, yeah, this looks good. Yeah, now, this is good. This is actually pretty good, really good. Actually, this is wow, this is really good stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm teeing off in about an hour, so if I can get out of here, that'd be great. Miss Reynolds, no nor oh fuck all right, Hold I.
Speaker 2: Had a little wiener, right, she could bubble bath it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Like my son loves a bubble bath to the point that I feel like he only wants bubbles to consume him.
Speaker 3: And it is no longer a bath.
Speaker 1: It's like my child has disappeared into the abyss of fucking bubbles and he knows there's an adult one that froths up better, and there's a kid one that doesn't sting his eyes. And when he sees me reach like the kids, like, bro, knock it off with that weak ship, bro, it does bubble up? Put that fucking cut Yeah, put the fucking stinger in.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do I just get her more bubble baths? What do I need to do? Does she have to wear a swimsuit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just need to put antibiotics in.
Speaker 1: The water or just yeah, disinfect the tuble, like you got to bleach that ship, you know, disaffected. Yeah yeah, no, I I look, I'm not trying to cast his version. So the of your bathroom.
Speaker 3: Just dunk her in head first by the ankles. Yeah, yeah, no problem solved. I'm getting Mike.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my kid into shower showers, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh man, my kids love a shower and always need to be told to get out. It's like, oh yeah, I would come back. I would come back forty five minutes later, and they'd still be in the shower if I didn't tell them to get oh.
Speaker 1: Right, doing like the just letting the water hit him, just let the water hit him, doing voices, doing bits yep, yeah, yep, yeah, I'll turn off the shower. And then my kid wants to smear all the leftover water. Yeah, like that has trained and he like tries to do fucking snow angels in that, and I'm like, sir, it's you're gonna get diminishing returns here. Yeah, anyway, Sorry, we're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna check in on the James Comy prosecution. Got his ass. Oh yea, yeah, got his ass. All we had to do is lie to a grand jury.
Speaker 3: It turns out it turns out the designed incomfidence of the Trope administration has come back to bite them in this case. And they they they did not quite nail the case. It seems like it might get dismissed. We're gonna check in with some sad news from Larry Summers his career. Apparently being Jeffrey Epstein's wing man is not the look that his neo liberal besties we're looking for. And he's you know, this is really when you know who's down, when all the chips are down, and you've been revealed to be Jeffrey Epstein's wingman, who's gonna stay with you? Yeah, it turns out not that many people. We're gonna also check in with Bill Ackman, another one of our favorite billionaires. And then we're gonna look at the Warner Brothers Discovery sale that looks like it could go very badly. Our boys as not protecting the cinematic theater going experience as much as we would probably have hoped.
Speaker 1: No, no, really, Yeah, we're gonna get like three movies a year, it sounds like, and.
Speaker 3: They're all going to be Avatar movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mission Impossibles, Yeah, all of that, plenty more.
Speaker 3: But for czar, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Okay, just content warning for some folks. I'm gonna talk about pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh boy, like five minutes, Jack, I'm sure, uh okay.
Speaker 2: I had to look up anterior placenta because I'm pregnant.
Speaker 1: Whoa, congrats, congratulations Okay, pregnant with a toddler with a ut. Now all the groans have made. Yeah yeah, yeah, don't bury the lead. Oh man, wait, so I'm ignorant, So will you explain that search term phrase to me?
Speaker 2: Okay, anterior placenta is when your placenta is like thicker mm hmm in the front.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I think and the party in the back.
Speaker 2: And there's a party in the back versus the other way around, where people feel a lot of movement.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, I see, I see.
Speaker 3: Getting it in the back, Like you're feeling the movement in the back, and that can be uncomfortable. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what happens when you have butt sex.
Speaker 3: Because that is not what I was implying. I told you you get pregnant, Zara. I told you.
Speaker 2: I thought I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I remember. I think we might have had something like that going on and my wife feeling like the kicks in her back, right, yeah, oh, the baby, the baby's movement in her back more than a like in your organs too.
Speaker 4: Maybe I didn't think about that, just kidney kicks getting rabbit punched over here.
Speaker 2: She moves a lot. It's a girl.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: Disease for now. Anyway, she's a girl for now.
Speaker 3: I don't know. They may choose what life holds, of course, of course, what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, underrated, I'm gonna say disability activism?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm, hmmm.
Speaker 2: Have you talked about my dear friend Alice's Alice Wunk's passing.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's my other big sigh. Is I really miss my friend a lot?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: If you don't mind me, I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Alice Wong is an incredible disability activist. She's advocated for all kinds of disability visibility and made me aware of my relationship to disability as a person with invisible disabilit And it's just.
Speaker 3: She.
Speaker 2: I miss her a lot. She danced with you in the light, she sat with you in the dark, and just wrote the book on intimacy literally right. And I, oh, my goodness, I can't tell you what a good friend she was and how good she was at friendship, so good, so good at it. Like she sent Afy, my daughter, her first letter saying welcome and her name on mail, and she gave her her love that she sleeps with today. That was like perfect. And she was just that kind of gift giver and she's just that kind of person. And in her passing, so many folks have become so much more aware of disability activism. And there are pieces about her in The New York Times, which is now a tabloid but still great. And the Washington Post and more and so many of us that she touched that miss her desperately. Yeah, and I'm so happy to thank you, and I'm so happy to bring her name here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I have in the past with book recommendations of hers. You know, her books are incredible. She's written I think five or more books. She was incredibly prolific. She had multiple documentaries, one of them's on Netflix. She was a MacArthur genius. She's a genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you're out there, tell UCSF and other hospitals that you want their staff to mask up out of respect for folks managing disability and who are immunocompromised. That was something she always asked us to do, is to email them and say, hey, folks wear a mask. Just an incredible human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just just I mean, I remember I think it was maybe I feel like the book you suggested was maybe a Year of the Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was just reading that heard in her sort of last reflections on life. She was just saying, don't let the bastards grind you down.
Speaker 3: I love you all. Yeah, yeah, that's good advice. Yeah. Well, yeah, we'll link off to whichever of those articles you think does the best job in the footnotes. Yeah, thank you, so people can read more about Alice Wong. What is uh? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Shoot? I always forget my overrated.
Speaker 1: Take your time, take your time.
Speaker 2: Like look down to see like did I write it down? And I.
Speaker 3: Not having written down here somewhere this is a receipt.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I got it. Okay, my overrated is I'm a little late Squid Games. I'm just I'm a little late.
Speaker 3: I think we can all you know, you're not late, You're right on time to take a step back and re evaluate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just okay, listen, it's never late because it's Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, just showed.
Speaker 2: Up on my cue and I went on this rant. I didn't know that I had last night my husband where I just was like, how can you as a nation connect with a film like Squid Games so deeply right and then just move on live your life, Like like after Squid Games came out, that should have been the warning about trump Ism.
Speaker 3: I love that we're putting an ass on the end of Squid Games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, from hanging out with Jack's dad a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad. My dad would always called Brad Pit Brad Pitts squids game, you know, squids Games.
Speaker 2: Because squid Game, I'm basically a percion.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean just sort of like yeah, because it was the thing.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest Netflix show.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, damn, that's hitting on some shit. And then it's like, all right, back to the mines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn they would rather die than not be able to pay for health care. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, completely connect with this film.
Speaker 1: And yeah, anyway, they did a great job then co opting it and turning into a reality competition show.
Speaker 2: Also, now that I am on time for.
Speaker 1: There you go, I did watch season two of Squid Games, the show, the competition show, Like.
Speaker 2: I just think we should pay more attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's like one, I don't know, I feel like, you know, I totally get that. I guess my hope of it is if we stack up enough of these pieces of media that just incrementally or raising people's class consciousness, it will get it will reach a tipping point, like a match tipping point where people who Because I feel like there are a ton of people who had never thought about this ship and saw a squid Game like yo, oh interesting, isn't that.
Speaker 5: Like kind of like here in a way, and you're like, okay, go on where where They're just like, yo, it's fucked up and it's Korea. Yeah, Korean fucked up.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want to go.
Speaker 2: There now, you know that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do the bubble right right, right.
Speaker 1: But no, I totally get though too of like we have so many moments we're like, yeah, come on, baby, come on, y'all, let's do we see it now? Right, We're all seeing it, and it's not enough time.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're so far back.
Speaker 2: Like maybe my overrated should have been that question of like will there be a civil war in the United States? I just want to be like, have you been around in the last couple of years, Like yeah, you're tying he has his own military.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, sure, sure, yeah. I didn't realize like that this is the thing that happens where Like I usually quit on TV shows pretty early, and so I stopped after the first season of Squid Games. I just was like, I think I know where this is going, and it feels like they're just like drawing it out, and like I didn't think that they really stuck the landing on the ending of the first season that she was like getting more popular. Like the season three debut was like broke all the all the season's season three the third and final season, and it broke all the records.
Speaker 1: I'm just fine with that first season.
Speaker 2: You know, I am ahead of the curve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, in that way, we so lute you absolutely.
Speaker 3: Those in July, but you know, we're like we got a lot on our plates right now, you know. But yeah, I do wonder like how much of it is people being like, we get what's going on here, Like what an interesting way to depict the brutality of everyday life under neoliberalism. And then how many people were just like I like reality TV competitions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we could wait till we yield him like in the movie. No, they don't kill them like in the movie, just emotionally.
Speaker 3: It's just little paintballs that go off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, I wish they shoot him in the chest.
Speaker 3: We do love a reality show where the contestants get killed. That's that's always been a very very popular thing with why what's another one I watch the running man. Oh oh, you mean like just the idea of like the idea of it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my I'll watch the ship out of that. I'm fine with that. But afterwards, I'm gonna get behind some goddamn legislation. I'm gonna right not gonna sit on my ass.
Speaker 1: Well not not while you have people like ao AOC saying we shouldn't primary Hakeem Jeffries.
Speaker 3: He's with.
Speaker 1: Jesus. I don't know about the city council guy trying to run for him. Like you look, I get it. You're trying to ascend in the Democratic Party and you're not trying.
Speaker 2: But like but like she's ascending, she's descending, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like a dolly zoom in a movie where it's are they assuming in or pulling out?
Speaker 3: I can't tell.
Speaker 1: The backgrounds certainly moving either way.
Speaker 3: The effect is unnerving. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the current administration, who also not very good. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and let's let's talk about so Donald Trump. Well, one of the stories that we've been like blizzarded with over the past couple of months, was that he was going after his political enemies and trying to put them in jail for being mean to him, essentially the gist of it, and some judges were like, maybe we'll push back on this, but they're kind of doing so. The people that Trump put in charge of these prosecutions have kind of done the heavy lifting. For those judges and for anybody who was like, we need to protect democracy, they were like, no, no, no, no, no, no, you don't have to work that hard. Actually, we're gonna fuck this up spectacular.
Speaker 1: So fucking bad. It's gonna be laughable, because I mean, like it feels like one of the final guardrails we have protecting us from total despotic rule are the courts. Like they've they've been able to push back a little bit. And while obviously there are like maga meat bags and judges robes operating in the courts, like Eileen Cannon in Florida, who is based like documents, I don't know anything can let them go, they're also like regular judges who care about like how fucking trials work, just generally. So again, Trump wants revenge on all the people that held him to account in some form, and he will just do anything to get them into court, even if that includes lying. His prosecution of James Comy has hit wall after a while, because one, there isn't an actual crime to prosecute. Two, no lawyer with any real pedigree would agree to this openly corrupt bullshit, and three the person that was willing to do it literally.
Speaker 3: Knows fuck all.
Speaker 1: About prosecuting a case. So Comy right now he's seeking to dismiss the case against him, and he's one step closer to that happening since the judges decided that there were some pretty terrible missteps during the grand jury proceedings, So the prosecution now has to hand over all those grand jury materials for Kmy's team to review. Basically, the judge is like, you guys don't know what you were doing, and I think you may be lying.
Speaker 3: Was what happened.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week, Judge Fitzpatrick quote raised sharp doubts about an account of the grand jury proceedings provided by the Justice Department and whether it had turned over all records of the interactions between Halle and the grand juries. Basically, what's happening here is that he Halligan said, she like that she was trying to get these these two counts, to get the grand jury to accept these two counts to indict James Comy. They rejected one of them. So she kind of just like turned around and brought like a new paper for the foreman of the grand jury to sign, and just like, yeah, there you go where one of the counts the grand jury didn't actually review.
Speaker 3: So she has like swapped it out and sort of like when sign, yeah, signed those report cards permission permission slip for a field trip, right, like.
Speaker 4: A cover sheet for your report card. Yeah, without the report card attached. Yeah, they said again, like this is how the reported. The judge claimed that Halligan had claimed she had her last contact with the grand jury at four to twenty eight pm that day while the jurors were deliberating, but he also noted that the grand jury initially rejected one of the counts against Calemy, leading prosecutors to prepare a new indictment that Halligan ultimately signed. Yet nothing of the record reflects the grand jury's initial decision or consideration of the second indictment. So he's like, the judge was like there was no time for like, based on what I'm saying, there was no way the grand jury could have actually considered this second indictment.
Speaker 3: And so what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 1: Uh? He Also the judge also said Halligan, quote, who had never prosecuted a case prior to Comey's, appeared to make two fundamental misstatements of law to the grand jury that could jeopardize the indictment altogether.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: The record points to a disturbing pattern of profound investigative missteps, missteps that led an FBI agent and a prosecutor to potentially undermine the integrity of the grand jury proceeding.
Speaker 3: So, she had never prosecuted like a federal case before. She never any kind nothing, nothing. She's an prosecute lawyer.
Speaker 1: No, she's not a prosecutors who has a law degree, Yeah, and was practicing. She wasn't prosecuting cases though, Okay, what I mean? She was just there to represent people in like like insurance here. I don't know what I don't look her being a US attorney prosecuting a federal case is so Jack, that's like us playing in the NBA. Like that's you and me suiting up tonight. Watch in the NBA.
Speaker 3: I would watch that too, but you want to see a guy, So yeah, it would be entertaining because even in high school, my specialty was getting dunked on spectacularly soul. I would just be like getting dunked on in it, like exploding backwards, like I stepped on a landmine, and like it would be so entertaining for people. They should put me in the NBA, just me show how good everyone else is.
Speaker 1: I think this is the equivalent because a lot of legal observers.
Speaker 3: Like, holy fucking shit, dude, this movie's cooked. She's proper fucked.
Speaker 1: Then Wednesday, she was in front of the judge again quote the full grand jury never reviewed the indictment it handed up against former FBI director James Comy. Interim US attorney Halligan conceded Wednesday, She's like, yeah, they never reviewed it.
Speaker 3: Uh funding Okay, yes, I was lying. You're being so annoy about it.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors said that instead of presenting a new indictment to the grand jury after declined to approve one of the counts, Halligan simply brought an altered version to the magistrate's courtroom for the grand jury sports person to sign.
Speaker 3: Like isn't that a crime, like just a feeling? Yeah, yes, So are they so bad? I mean, we know the answer how they're so bad is because you need somebody who's spectacularly corrupt, and people who are good at their jobs are like making the calculation. They're like, I'm not I'm not gonna like fuck my career to just like act like this guy knows what he's talking about the only people who are willing to do that are in this case, an insurance lawyer that Trump met at a party yeah and was like I think you're I think you're beautiful. Yeah, And therefore and you have a law degree, and therefore.
Speaker 1: Therefore you need to be a federal prosecutor to do a revenge case that is already so difficult, like you know, in a normal courtroom to try it because as called me saying this was a vindictive prosecution, he fucking tweeted or truth socialed about it. And now you have this loser coming in just making shit up. So things are looking not good for uh, this case.
Speaker 2: It's wild too, because these are like the tactics that like sleazy folks use to keep you in lawsuits, right, yeah, you know, and both these things legal, but now they just run government, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, stretching a thing out by just like filing thing after things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to make your life hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately the by any means necessary was truly by any means, including deception. So I don't know, I mean, like that's if this gets dismissed, just another humiliation.
Speaker 2: This is also the administration that, like, you know, with senators have died, federal judges have died, you know, like everything is on the table as far as I'm concerned with them.
Speaker 3: Wait, sorry, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: What so?
Speaker 2: Uh Melissa Hortman, Oh.
Speaker 3: Beasinated but oh you got you yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And then they just say, well it's not us, you know. But it's like, yeah, well I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why yeah, I I We'll see what happens with Letitia James, because she's also another person who's in the crossairs of Trump's vindictive do O J crusade. They're already like I think it was Fanny May and the Freddie mac They were like looking at her loan stuff and like, we don't see any kind of deceptive ship here, Like they're like, I don't know, go ahead, I guess like even according to us, who would know about this kind of like mortgage fraud.
Speaker 3: We're like no, So that'll be another very interesting one to keep an eye on, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure we will, because yeah, the weaponized incompetence is really leaning into the incompetence part, like oh too much now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just get you get incompetent people. They'll do anything you say, but they're not going to be good at it. Always all right on the elsewhere in the world of rich people who thought that they could get away with fucking anything that they wanted. Ever, the recently released Epstein emails don't just look bad for Trump, although he is the name that's mentioned the most often in them. Former Treasury secretary, Harvard President all around. Just we've had quotes from this guy just like a complete dipshit neoliberalism, like let the market decide guru. Larry Summers was in there literally asking Epstein for dating advice in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then in some emails dating advice. In some emails, Epstein described Summers as his wingman.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's oh.
Speaker 3: That's even worse than the one I had seen where he's like, Jeffy, what do I do? She doesn't want to fuck me? What do I do? Should I be quiet? Should I be strong? Yeah? Very good, very good, very good. You were strong when you when you complained about her?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Oh my god. To be that's being described as Epstein's wingman has to just instantly under the jail.
Speaker 2: Yes, but okay, between the Ebstein files and the me Too movement, Okay, I just feel like, just be fucking nice to women, man, you know, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I hadn't considered that.
Speaker 2: Fucking cool.
Speaker 3: What if you were just nice?
Speaker 2: What if you were just nicer to me? Because think of all of the young women at Harvard that he prayed on.
Speaker 3: Oh god, we don't know that. You can't prove that. That's all he just happened to. You get dating advice from somebody who made a guilty plea to sex crimes against children in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. But it's a sweetheart deal. Sweetheart deal though.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. God had already stopped accepting donations from Epstein, which I'm sure that wasn't easy for them. He's an economics professor, he wined, that the woman who had abandoned plans with him for another man was really attracted to the other guy, and that I'm unsuitable as a partner. He resigned from the board. So this has not gone over well with like this honestly, like I feel bad, how old fashioned this feels that he had to step down from anything, Like what is this the fucking Obama administration? Right, what is this? What's going on here? He had to step down from Open AI and the New York Times is cutting ties with him upstanding, there's there's still consequences to people being complete fucking just revealed to be monsters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is tough when you're described as Jeffrey Epstein's wingman and you.
Speaker 3: Can literally the dangerous Nights Crew, the literally dangerous Nights Crew with their slick.
Speaker 1: Back hair going out sloppy steaks, which we is ephimistic probably for them, but like this is absolutely this is like the most purely cancelable offense right now is like you're his You're his wingman, he was describing at being described as And it's enough that you leave Open AI the New York Times, but you can still are you still teaching?
Speaker 3: I mean look teaching the children.
Speaker 1: Of fair most are legally adults at this point when they're according to.
Speaker 3: Him, these are not children, according to him and Megan Kelly, these are basically adult. Okay, they're not five okay. Uh. And they have to learn economics from this fucking ghoul who does all the people who's just carrying water for corporations in a corporatocracy.
Speaker 2: Boy does he understand economics.
Speaker 1: There's a clip of him, a student in one of his classes at Harvard video taped him opening up the lecture where he has to be like, guys, I'm a shamed on myself, although not really saying that, no.
Speaker 2: But he's always saying that because he's caught exactly.
Speaker 1: But it's just wild. Just listen to this guy having to be like, I know I'm in the FC fund. What Okay, Larry Summers try and explain this away.
Speaker 6: I'm going you will assume my statement regret expressing my shame with respect to what I did communication with miss Remstein, and that I've said that I'm gonna step back.
Speaker 3: Part time. But I think it's very importing, m very important that you be in a room with young people. That's very important. Nobody else could do what you do, you fucking wizard of us Street. Yeah, I'm sure they all agree that this is a great vibe.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that he at least captured. The thing that I was the most irked by was his communication with Epstein.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, how ashamed I am by my communication and nothing that was indicated or suggested by that communication. Oh, by the way, he's mister Epstein. Now, because y'all seemed like very friendly and informal in those conversations, I thought you were his wingman. Dude like that. You seem like you guys were brothers. That's some dude.
Speaker 1: That's just some fucking guy man. And I shouldn't even shouldn't even emailed him anyway. Today's lecture is about multilateralism and its future in the G twenty.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh huh, thanks.
Speaker 2: Lectures on the mix of blackmailing and how you can work from the CIA and the government.
Speaker 1: And do whatever the fuck you want to, and shout out to Harvard Man that.
Speaker 3: He just will really quote launch a new investigation into the nest one the last one. The last one went well. Actually, we actually found that he was really good, So we gotta might we might need to do a little better with our investigations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the kind of ship where it's like like these are this is the low hanging fruit to bring these people to account of, like the Larry Summers types where you're like, you're here, you're in the emails, I don't know the fuck your relationship is, but like you have no business being out here in like normal the normal world anymore, let alone teat like lecturing at fucking Harvard.
Speaker 3: They have to pass their wisdom onto the youth because they do like all those people I feel like have bought into their own myth that like the reason they're so much richer than everybody is because they're that much smarter. So like, sure they have one hundred times more money than most people, that's because they're one hundred times smarter. So the idea that he has now been like publicly you know, ostracized, but like he's still want like it's important to him to continue to be like, I like what you want me to not pass this fucking galaxy brain onto the children of the future. Come on, just like you are so eminently replaceable. All you do is carry water. You carry water for the most powerful people in the given system that you work under. That's what you do, and that's how you've gotten all the success is you're just doing the thing that all the people with all the money and power want to be done, and then you you get benefits from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, but before we squid games this mmm, I am going to bring it back. We can watch the ship out of this, but then the actionable ship afterwards. Right, I don't want to hear anymore about how unlikable a woman is at your workplace.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was all New York Times. That was the New York Times, the New York Times of location. That just was like, did women ruin the workplace? Even they were like no, I think that's the New York Times.
Speaker 2: But I hear it from every guy, you know, all this fucking woman at my workplace, you know? And no, but she really sucks, you know, no woman has sucked this much?
Speaker 3: Right, right, exactly, not this much? Okay?
Speaker 2: Ever, Like I don't care how annoying she is, how shrill she is, how squeaky she is, how whiney she is, right, how bossy, how bitchy.
Speaker 3: Bosses? Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Hear it all the time should hang out with better than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do just want to like, while we're on the topic of rich people thinking that they have like galaxy brain and that we like they're doing us a favor by even like, first of all, they love to be like I created so many jobs as if that wouldn't have happened without them, But they also I think they really feel like we need them. And Miles, you found this Bill Ackman fucking thing where he came out and was like a little advice from an old man who's fucking killed.
Speaker 1: It okay with women, Like because Bill Ackman, obviously we've you've probably heard us talk about him. He's a fucking billionaire hedge fund dude. Persian Square Capital is his hedge fund, and he's we probably talked about him recently because he was shitting his pickleball shorts over the election of Mom Donnie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's constantly giving out the first people to move out of New York City Yeah, and never do it.
Speaker 1: And I think and then we also talked about his uh what was that where he bought his way onto a he put.
Speaker 3: Onto the professional tennis tour and then most and then but like wouldn't accept it. He was like, there was something off today, like my I think my strings were too loose or some looking at the racket. Something about the racket.
Speaker 1: I think, No, it's because you're a fucking idiot who just bought his way onto here, because you live in a fucking simulacrum.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this is what he this is what he posts.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna read his whole fucking bang or tweet about relationships.
Speaker 3: I quote.
Speaker 1: I hear from many young men, Oh God, here we go, that they find it difficult to meet young women in a public setting. In other words, the online culture has destroyed the ability to spontaneously meet strangers. As such, I thought I would share a few words that I used in my youth to meet someone that I found compelling.
Speaker 3: I would ask, quick, what does he mean by it's difficult to meet young women in a public setting because he's women.
Speaker 1: This is based off of him watching the Fresh and Fit podcast on YouTube. Yeah, that's what ship And he's like, I'm surprised he didn't say females at some point. Anyway, this is what he's saying. This is what I would do.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: I would ask, may I meet you before engaging further in a conversation. I almost never got a no. It inevitably enabled the opportunity for a further conversation. I met a lot of really interesting people this way. I think the combination of proper grammar and politeness was the key to its effectiveness. You might give it a try, and yes, I think it should also work for women seeking men as well as same sex interactions. Woke Okay, uh huh. But then and then the last one. This is just two just two cents from an older, happily married guy concerned about our next generation's happiness and population replacement rates.
Speaker 3: Whoa mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's always the population shit with these fucking people. It's either wrapped up in there like fucking you know, olive ark brain, where they're like I need more bodies to fucking exploit and consumer fucking it starts winding down, or it's the fear of the brown planet thing to just two cents from an older, happily married guy with love in his heart and eugenics on my brain, exactly population replacement rate.
Speaker 3: It is kind of crazy, though, because I don't think I've ever seen like when when he described his approach of may I meet you. There are literally hearts coming out of the star's eyes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was spanning himself with a stack of one hundred dollars bills as he said.
Speaker 2: It, listen as a young woman.
Speaker 1: Canonically gen z g Z, I just.
Speaker 2: You know that's that what do you call it? Warmth mm hmm, yeah, that I meet you right looking in my eyes as like the the the vehicle for for population generation replacement. It's just such a turn on.
Speaker 3: May I meet you? What is your breeding viability? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I meet you to evaluate. Do you mind if I bring calipers?
Speaker 3: Do you mind if I measure your skull circumference?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Uh? Nothing, nothing, nothing?
Speaker 1: May I meet you?
Speaker 2: I mean, and I mean he did, and it was hot.
Speaker 1: It's always like this advice from people who do not live on the same fucking planet as we do. Like it's like I'm worried about y'all happiness, worry about the fucking income inequality then mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like you wonder why, Like there was a whole thing too.
Speaker 1: I was looking at how the under five population is swinging in certain places like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, these really expensive cities. They're like hemorrhaging, like young families because they're just so hard to afford to live in and it's going up in other places that are more affordable. Like, that's your fucking issue.
Speaker 7: It's not exactly may I meet you, it's I can't fucking afford to fucking live And that's the like again, So first of all, we've just we've seen the dipshittery in the Epstein emails of like Larry Summers being like what do I say to her?
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey Epstein being like, you did well by expressing disapproval that you had planned a vacation for her and she left you for a guy on a motorcycle, very strong of you. Like the fact that they just they're in this world where like their wealth just surrounds them. They just have not taken a single breath outside of just a world where everybody is just kissing their ass constantly, and so they're just like gassed up on this idea that everything they say is so fucking wise. And now I feel like we all looked at the Epstein emails and we're like, that's so weird that everyone was like my sex guru aka child trafficker, what shall I say? Bill Ackman looked at it and was like, there's a hole.
Speaker 1: In the market here.
Speaker 3: These people need to hear from a pickup artist like myself, right right Exactly. A lot of people like it's funny when you tweeted it. They're like, yeah, all right, asshole, what because you told him you're a billionaire And he's like, I was.
Speaker 1: This was working for me when I didn't even have two nickels. And you're like, uh uh huh, yeah, sure, sure go ahead, May I need.
Speaker 2: He's weird when these guys like have their pickup lines like that, they want to like bequeath unto us, like so fresh in their memory as happily married men.
Speaker 3: Right, And he thinks this is such a good line, May I meet you? You should see it.
Speaker 2: Cheating on his wife. You know he's cheating on his wife, you know what I mean, And you know he's using his money to do it.
Speaker 1: The boot liquor fucking replies in this tweet are just so funny, like because it's a mix. There are people who are real life people, then they're like box and then they're like the people who are so capitalism pilled that they're like, this is actually brilliant, But someone I like one person. Like an even better way to do it is with no exception or no expectation in return, you know, And he's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, agreed, agreed, agreed, I don't appropriation.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. All right, let's let's take a quick break and move on to billionaires who are ruining the film industry.
Speaker 1: We'll be like, okay, okay, may meet you, and we're back.
Speaker 3: And Warner Brothers Discovery is officially talking to some big companies and saying, may we meet and may you tell me what you want to do to my body?
Speaker 1: Yes, many time you say, may we consolidate the media environment even further under a billionaire rule.
Speaker 3: They're officially for sale. The deadline for the first round of bids is this week, November today today, get your bids and ship. We should have given you guys a little bit more warning if it goes through, If they if they get a fired by one of the companies that is expected to make a bit, it will become the latest old guard Hollywood studio to just get gobbled up by another corporation. We had Amazon acquiring MGM, the Disney Fox merger, and you know it, but it makes sense for the people for the product. As CEO David Zaslov explained of the decision, it will unlock the full value of our assets. Oh wow wow. So surprised that the significant value of our portfolio is receiving increased recognition by others in the market after receiving interest from multiple parties. We have initiated a comprehensive review of strategic alternatives to identify the best path forward to unlock the full value of our asset. Motherfucker, like Chad GPT could have written that, like, it's just a series of comprehensive reviews, strategic alternatives, identify path forward, Like we're going.
Speaker 1: To figure out how much we could sell this fucker, Yeah, for the most money they have.
Speaker 3: To Everything is so basic in that world that they have to just like make bull encode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the distillation of that statement is we're trying to figure out how what's the most amount of money we can get for this. There you go, that's it.
Speaker 3: You unlock the value of our as they can't say that, Yeah, we have to align allown some around some strategic assets.
Speaker 2: Even about money anymore, you know, I mean the amount of like I feel like it used to be that you get into becoming a billionaire, because I mean then you're into arms dealing, right that, because that's that's what that is, Like, that's that level of investing. Sure, you know, and now it's just like more and more about this like wild.
Speaker 3: Ass power, right yeah. Yeah, it actually makes me feel really good to know that I'm going to destroy the film industry because then my mark will have been left right on the world. The three front runners seem to be Netflix, Comcast, and Paramount. Oh god, who will have to submit bids and make arguments for why they're the best option?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: So, like it's like the bid by these guys, Like is that what's happening?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, they're bidding. It's like The Bachelor, if the Bachelor had the potential to kill the entire movie industry. Oh my god, will you accept this bid? So all all, there's no good option here. Comcast is in ninety nine billion dollars in debt, what does that even mean anymore? Netflix interest is First of all, it's caused Netflix's own stock to decline as people were like, oh, that seems like too much for you guys, right, And then there's Paramount sky Dance, which is now owned by David Ellison, which, yeah, that that's been bad. That like they they bought Paramount and are immediately putting right wing people in charge of everything.
Speaker 1: Barie Weiss as Minister of Truth at CBS, Who's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does does anyone else out there feel like like, we don't I get to be in charge of what movies are?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, don't. It's three billionaires. We don't even like movies. And then okay, there's actually good news. Also Saudi Arabia and Guitar and Abu Daviir going to also be involved because so Warner Brothers rejected one offer from Paramount and they were like, well, you know who's got money, little guy by the name of NBS.
Speaker 1: What if we do a little light media washing? Yes, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: They're trying to submit a seventy one billion dollar bid for Warner Brothers Discovery. God, this sucks. And Ellison was just at the White House for the state dinner honoring Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Ben Salmon.
Speaker 1: Dude, did you see who was at that dinner?
Speaker 3: Sounds like every rich literal murderers were out, every every fucking tech fuck giant was there.
Speaker 1: Johnny and Fantino, the head of FIFA, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Speaker 3: I'm my, that's fucking this nightmare dinner, dude. Wow. Concast bid could similarly involve funding from Saudi Arabia, and the Trump administration has reportedly endorsed Paramount bid for obvious reasons. Yeah, that's you know, you.
Speaker 2: Guys, movies are already bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's even great.
Speaker 2: I'm so sick of true crime, you guys.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and keep happening reality TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And if you thought CNN was bad before, just waiting until the guy put fucking Barry Weiss in charge of CBS News gets ahold of it. But yeah, So the big problem as a cinematic movie going fan, there's not a good option here. It would no matter who wins in their bids, it's going to really hurt the theatrical movie going industry.
Speaker 2: Theaters are pregnant for this news, Jack, I'm sorry, Yeah, go ahead, I'm gonna calm down.
Speaker 3: It's okay. It's getting kicked in my guts by.
Speaker 1: A fetus right now. This is my spinal column. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So obviously, Netflix, who doesn't really put movies out in theaters his style towards It is being called worst case scenario by everybody who cares about there being movies. But any of the other two options would also have a negative impact on movie theaters because mergers lead to fewer movies. For example, before being taken over by Disney, Fox was releasing between twelve and seventeen movies each year, and since the merger, Twentieth Century Studios has never released more than five films in a single year. Wow, they're just taking fewer.
Speaker 2: Swings, no man, So then one of our next three films will be a triumph of the Will the sequel?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean why the sequel? Why not re release in three a bad Berman musical about Lenny reef install or something. They're like, Lenny Love You. It's called Lenny exclamation point.
Speaker 2: Even the B movies from the nineties are still better.
Speaker 1: But this is one thing out there's like, I think this is this is I've read so many things about independent There are more independent films doing better because people are just.
Speaker 3: Like, what the fuck suck? And I still want to see.
Speaker 1: A movie and it's still possible for people to do it with like smaller funding.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I think this is this.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like in that way, when it all consolidates like that, it's the same way how journalism has It allows for like independent journalism to also end up getting more attention as a result of people.
Speaker 3: Being like, what the fuck is this crap? But yeah, it's definitely not great for the overall industry.
Speaker 2: Weren't all these guys gonna go to Mars anyway?
Speaker 3: That's when we really need to kick that back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're timing it with the Proletarium Revolution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we can keep fucking them over, just slowly until the ragged ship's already. There's also blatant anti trust concerns. A winning bid from Paramount would put both CBS News and CNN in the hands of Ellison, which would be over thirty percent of the market share, which is illegal under Section seven of the Clayton Act. Currently, Paramount and Warner Brothers combined share thirty three percent of the industry. But that's probably not gonna be a problem for Donald Trump. What would be my assumption, Yeah, this is the same way.
Speaker 1: Like, there's another company, I think it was Next Star, right, who was like really getting behind the Kimmel things. They're like, oh, we're gonna we're getting Kimmel out of here as a way to kind of like lean in with the MAGA.
Speaker 3: Think.
Speaker 1: They also have a merger up with a company called Tegna that would put them well over the FCC's limit of how many local stations you can own. And they're kind of like, well, hopefully all that debasement of our our values and like backing the Kimmel blacklisting will get us put us in the good grace.
Speaker 3: Why they were so willing to like buckle to whatever the Trump administration wanted.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, so where are all those weird folks now post Epstein file release, because like everybody's turning on him.
Speaker 3: Uh. I don't think they're gonna totally turn on them.
Speaker 1: I think they'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we'll see, We'll see, we'll get Larry Summers, Poor Larry Summers.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it is happening in other countries, like look, I mean Prince Andrew, although he they're like you you have to leave the nice castle and go to the just slightly less nice castle.
Speaker 3: Now you have to basically live in Prince Charles's backhouse.
Speaker 1: God, just because I'm a fucking criminal fuck. But yeah, the merger ship is really is that. I mean, it's definitely the death of the film industry as we know it. But to your point, Miles, I mean, maybe there's hope in the fact that we you know, start getting smaller independent films selling out that are worth watching because they're not it's not impossible to make a film if it's not being made by Warner Brothers or Fox or Paramount, you know what I mean. That's that's and I think you know, at the end of the day, people respond to seeing like, well that thing is selling good, maybe I'll put a little bit of my you know, people are so profit driven that if they see a little bit of success from the smaller productions, that will help kind of bolster that operation. But I don't know, I mean, it just feels like everything, like as predicted, everything will the consolidation will just become more and more intense, and it's truly going to be like you get all your news from one guy who believes Palestine shouldn't exist, and you get all of your movies from another guy who is so sexually repressed, he has no he doesn't have a creative bone in his body then doesn't move, just gonna watch a fucking plastic bag blowing in the wind like American Beauty or some shit.
Speaker 3: You're talking about my favorite movie there, man, watch your mouth. Sorry, sorry, I miss Nora Evrod. I know Nora. It is such a mind fuck that like they've chosen to just like torpedo popular culture at the time when I would be getting to the age where I would otherwise be like everything used to be better, you know what I mean, And it's just like, yeah, but like did kind of like there's definitely still good movies being made, but like the kind of mid brow movies of the nineties and eighties are like do seem like they're better than what we're getting these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think there's just this vision of the world that these oligarchs have, which is like, well, we're going to tell them what to think with all these because we have we have our hands on the levers, and that will work to a pretty up to an extent. But I think there's also other people who are just kind of like turn off generally that's going on, that they're so disengaged that I'm I'm hoping that they don't have the effective return. They're hoping for to control the masses with the idiot box.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna be eating out of my hands. I'm gonna say that we've initiated a comprehensive review of strategic alternatives, and they're gonna love such a pleasure having you as.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: I can people find you and follow you and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what, wherever the fuck nerds aren't Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true. There's one thing. That's one thing that's true about you, you nerds. Straight up, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm done with these nerds.
Speaker 1: Sorry, she's talking about the candy just for people for the rest, Yeah, done with these candies.
Speaker 3: Make a big nerd you can keep like an apple.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, remember when nerds were good guys and not like a bunch of like psycho tech narcissists. Yeah, with like no interests other than just controlling everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about Erkele on our icon recording.
Speaker 3: About how them Yeah the words alone and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the brail anyway, that's.
Speaker 3: I don't think we got to the question of whether Erkele would have been on the flight long, so I guess I'll have to cover that in the Oh yeah, in the yeah amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have been going back through Alice Wong's works, books, articles, her podcast is fantastic and just hearing my friend's voice again, which she lost for some time before her passing recently. And I'm going to read Alice's send off as my sendoff. And she posted this via our dear friend Sandy Hoe, who you should also follow at Not your Average Hoe one on one. Hi, everyone, it looks like I ran out.
Speaker 3: Of time I have.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, so sad. This is harder than I thought. I have so many dreams that I wanted to fulfill and plans to create new stories for you. There are a few in progress that might come to fruition in a few years if things work out. I did not ever imagine I would live to this age and end up a writer, editor, activist, and more. As a kid riddled with insecurity and internalized ableism, I could not see a path forward. It was thanks to friendships and some great teachers who believed in me that I was able to fight my way out of miserable situations. Into a place where I finally felt comfortable in my skin. We need more stories about us in our culture. You all, we all deserve the everything and more in such a hostile, ableist environment. Our wisdom is incisive and unfre lynching. I'm honored to be your ancestor and believe disabled oracles like us will light the way to the future. Don't let the bastards grind you down. I love you well, Tell your friends you love them. And just what an incredible human Yeah, what incredible work, what an incredible legacy. And folks, immerse yourselves in disability activism. There's just so much there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me, folks. It's been a blast.
Speaker 3: It's always always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Miles.
Speaker 3: Where can people find you as their workI media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray talking ninety day Fiance on four to twenty day Fiance. I just started watching that show I Love La that's on HBO.
Speaker 3: I Love La.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I've almost done it right, Yeah, Rachel sent it. There's a writer director, yeah yeah, yeah, and past guest.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Max Silvestri is actually a writer on that but he there's just a there's a funny moment in the first scene because like the show is very la, which you know, we we have such New York shows that you know, every now and then you get a very la show, uh, And there was just like a loose line where like one of these like really wealthy characters is talking about how she used to have like this like like handbag, and she's like, oh, but that was at the Palisades house that burned down, and like they're like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, and then they just immediately shift back to their normal life.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was That's something I've been watching recently. There you go.
Speaker 3: Uh, you can find me on Twitter, Jack on Our scorel Brennon on Blue Sky JACKO be the number one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Basically, anytime I see that video of the guy talking coming yeah the nigga you be hanging with. Anytime that clip comes up, I'm enjoying it. I like to tweet from Jennifer at jen Underscore in Underscore Revere who tweeted, I think the elephant really ties the room together. And then a big idiot girl tweeted going on a date has me googling things like clothes people wear. Oh fuck that hit hard. Yeah, every once in a while, and we're hitting a new wardrobe time of the year. You know, it's getting cooler, and I'm like, these pants don't seem to make sense anymore, these shorts pumps. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeickeeist, where at the Daily zeke Heist on Instagram you can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song you think that people might enjoy? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fantagram was a band I used to listen to a lot ten years ago and then uh kind of like lost track, lost touch.
Speaker 3: But they just dropped a new single called earth Shaker. Uh, and it's got the it's got the Yeah, it's got the vibes.
Speaker 1: So I'm digging it. So this is the new Fantagram track, earth.
Speaker 3: Shaker, Here comes the earth Shaker or I'm Up. The Daily Zei is the production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio, w ap Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then Bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, May I meet you. The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wag
Speaker 3: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNabb, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.