Speaker 1: Hey, everyonell welcome back to Better Half the Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and today we're going to be talking about the fact that I just watched all the Hunger Games. I actually did, I just pinched the Hunger Games. They were pretty good. But that's not what we'll be talking about today.
Speaker 2: We are going to different kind of Hunger Games today.
Speaker 1: Today we are going to recap the episode which was Hometown's Serena's favorite favorite episode of the season.
Speaker 3: If you listened to this podcast consistently, you know that Hometowns is my least favorite episode of the season, but a crucial episode nonetheless, Like I can't imagine this journey without a Hometown's episode. Having been a contestant, It's like one of the most important weeks I think for the contestants getting to connect with their families, getting to have the lead meet their families, Like it's absolutely essential.
Speaker 2: But as a viewer, you it's just not my absolute favorite.
Speaker 1: Fine, that's totally fine. You're You're free to feel that way.
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: And then later in the week we are going to have Jared Fried on, And if you don't know Jared Freed, he is a comedian. He is a special on Netflix. He also is part of the Bachelor and he recaps all the episodes on his Instagram page. He's a very funny man and we've had him on before and he's coming back.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a long time Bachelor viewer and lover and a longtime friend and a longtime friend. We're excited to have him. He is super entertaining and very hilarious. It's going to be a good interview. You won't want to miss that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's kick it off. The episode starts off. They don't waste any time. Just instantly we are seeing Kelsey. We're in New Orleans and we are at her hometown.
Speaker 3: We are I've never been to New Orleans. I have heard mixed reviews.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I've been. I've been there. I've been to New Orleans, I think twice twice.
Speaker 2: Twice twice. I feel like the only thing.
Speaker 3: I used to watch The Vampire Diaries and they like went to New Orleans in the Vampire Dires. I was like, this place looks so cool, but it sounds like it's like really heavy French food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would not do well as far as your stomach.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big like French cuisine person because I just find it all to be incredibly rich and buttery and oily, which is delicious, but I usually feel kind of sick.
Speaker 1: After they have grilled oysters, which would definitely mess up your stomach. But they're incredible.
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing. I want to try. Like, what's the like.
Speaker 3: The fish stew from New Orleans or like there's like a stew like a crew. Oh, yes, you know what I'm talking about. I'm a terrible job of describing it.
Speaker 1: Oh not gumbo soup.
Speaker 2: Gumbo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, I've had gumbo, just to be clear, and I know what it is.
Speaker 2: It just the name was escaping me.
Speaker 1: But we see Joey and Kelsey eating begnets. You know what is No, it's like it's essentially like it's like fried dough.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a donut.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's like a donable. It's it's it's loaded with powdered sugar and it's just.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like every not every, but a lot of cultures have their own take on like a donut. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like the like the Greek one is like the lokomades. Do you know what I'm talking about? Like the honey the little Honey doughnuts?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I also probably just butchered the name, but I stand by what I said. I feel like there's a lot of different takes on it. I would be very dawn to try that.
Speaker 2: It looks delicious.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite donut?
Speaker 3: Do I have a favorite donut? Probably, but like I'd have to think about it. I don't even know the last doughnut I ate to be honest, Yeah, I do you have a favorite donut?
Speaker 1: Chocolate?
Speaker 3: Just a chocolate donut? Do you like it when they're more like Bready and Dowe or more cakey.
Speaker 1: More cakey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like double chocolate, like chocolate dipped on the top. This is so Canadian, but like growing up, I loved like the chocolate dipped classic donut for Tim Harty's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who doesn't at Timparts.
Speaker 2: Was like my go to donut for most of my life.
Speaker 1: That's great. So do we think joe How do Joey and Kelsey? They really seem like they are there meshing very well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're giving like boyfriend and girlfriend. Super great fit together. The chemistry is there. This is like the happiest I feel like we've seen her. She just seems so comfortable, so relaxed in her element. Like the difference between her like week two to now, I feel like we've really seen her personality come through. And I just feel like the contestants' personalities never shine through more than when they are in their hometown for obvious reasons, Like they're just more comfortable. Yeah, and she's just smiling, She's jumping around like she is loving life.
Speaker 1: And I like seeing the butterflies. They remind her of her mom. And then she saw a butterfly when she was interviewing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a few moments where she saw butterflies because I think her and Joey were standing on the bridge.
Speaker 2: He was like, I want to see one.
Speaker 3: Too, and She's like, look because it reminds her of her mom, which honestly I can't talk about because I'll start crying.
Speaker 1: I will say, Joey to me, Joey seems the most relaxed. I think I've said this before, but seems the most comfortable in himself.
Speaker 2: With Kelsey totally, I agree, Like.
Speaker 1: Even when they were like eating Begnetes. I don't know. There was just like a shot of where I'm like, he just seems like he's living his life opposed to being the bachelor.
Speaker 3: I agree. They just seem like a great fit. I really like them together. They're very cute.
Speaker 1: We go to Kelsey's house. It's her brother, her sister, and her dad. You know, like you kind of I think when you watch Hometowns, you kind of like hope that like the families either like crazy or mean just for a little just like if some entertainment, but like they couldn't be more welcoming and warm.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, her dad was like amazing, Like I loved her dad so much. I was like, this guy seems like he's the best.
Speaker 1: And it's nice. It's nice like when the family gets it like it's the worst when you when you walk in, when when they walk in and the family's like, well I don't even know what this is, and it's like, okay, well you should have done your reasons like this.
Speaker 3: Like what do you mean, Like your kid's been gone for weeks and you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: So like it is nice when like like Joey had a conversation with the father, and he was just kind of like he honestly, he was just nice and like understanding and like he completely got that there's other women there and I think he respects. Joey, by the way, in my opinion, also has handled the conversations with all the parents like so well, Like it was it's the first time in a while where I've seen a lead like really take control.
Speaker 2: Agree, I absolutely agree.
Speaker 3: Honestly, he's the best bachelor in terms of the way he's handled hometown specifically that we've seen in a really long time. Like I was unbelievably impressed with how he handled every single conversation. He like was proactive and comforting the parents. If he felt like there was hesitation, he was upfront with them. There was no bs, which I do find a lot of the leads do. But he just was very smooth about his delivery and there was a lot of confidence and you could tell that the parents responded really well to him. And I almost wanted to be like Joey, like, could you do not great? Not as good of a job? Like this is getting to be boring, Like every parent just loves you and because they love them and it's just it's going so well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was very impressed, Like you said, he was just he was.
Speaker 1: Just very confident in his delivery and like what came out of his mouth, it just all and like as a parent, that had to make them feel a little comfortable, like this guy, this guy at least knows what he's doing in this situation totally.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think he's told anyone he's falling in love with them.
Speaker 2: No, he's been really close lipped.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, my brain just completely stopped for a second. He's been he's been tight left about his feelings, which probably makes it easier going to home, just being like, I haven't told anyone how I feel because I don't want to set anyone up for failure. Whereas when they go in and they're like, oh, well I told some of the women that I'm falling in love with them, the parents are always like, well why did you do that? But the convo goes really well with Kelsey's dad. He also just kind of seems like the dad that's like if she wants to get engaged, great, if she doesn't, no problem, Like I'm fully supportive of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just wants his daughter to be happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's not like he just seems like he really trusts his daughter too, And you could.
Speaker 1: Tell he's somebody that he's been through a lot and he you know, understands life. I guess just like there's a chance you're gonna get your heart broken, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you want to continue pursuing this, like that's the right decision, and I trust you to make those decisions and I support you no matter what.
Speaker 1: It's not like any parents should want their child to go through heartbreak. But it's just part of life. No, it's just like you, they have to experience it. Most likely are they going to experience it at some point. It's just like it's okay because you're you're going to survive.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. And he actually does say he hopes that she's engaged at the end of this, Like he explicitly says, like, I hope she comes home engaged, like if that's what she wants. If he gets down on one knee, like he obviously really liked Joey and he felt good about the whole thing. And then Kelsey in her interview at the end of the date says that she loves Joey, Yeah, but not to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, she.
Speaker 2: Seems super happy.
Speaker 3: It's it's just a really nice, happy, positive one on one, great first start.
Speaker 1: Sure, I agree. Okay, So then we go to Rachel's family and.
Speaker 2: Rancho Cucamongo, Yeah, always.
Speaker 1: Makes me think of Rodney always California from Hawaii. This one, I thought we were gonna it was gonna be a little we were gonna see a little more like pushback because at the beginning, Rachel's like my family is super traditional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like my dad's not really for this format, and like she went in with a lot of nerves, and I think her family was more relaxed than she expected them to be, which kind of happened to me. I thought that there was gonna be more pushback from my family, and they were like more relaxed than I expect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I think, yeah, I think they were very emotional family. I think the whole I think Obviously we don't know exactly what happened in Rachel's past relation and ship, but it must have been pretty intense because.
Speaker 3: Well she said she they were almost engaged, like it was a really serious relationship and you could.
Speaker 1: Tell like the family just doesn't want to see her go through that again, which would make them more reserved over the situation. But yeah, I thought it was Joey got along with the whole family. I thought they were having fun. They were hanging out in the backyard.
Speaker 3: No, it's so cute. Loved her family, loved her parents or sister, her nephew. They were all playing backyard games. They were eating. Was it like a pig on a spot? Yeah, sick.
Speaker 2: You loved it.
Speaker 3: It looked like honestly, I was like, I want to be on this hometown date Like this just looks like a lot of fun and a really enjoyable family to be a part of.
Speaker 1: And like they said, even though they are traditional, they were like, this is our daughter. If this is what she wants, then we're happy for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dad doesn't give his blessing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey basically was like, got to ask, and he's like, if it's her at the end, you can give me a call.
Speaker 2: She's got my number, but I'm not going to give it to now.
Speaker 3: And then the mom, which makes sense totally, he's like, I'm not going to give you the blessing with like when you're dating four girls, which is fine. Always, I feel like we usually see at least one dad say that, and the mom definitely has some like hesitancy about the whole thing, but you know, she like loves your daughter, and it all ends on.
Speaker 2: A good note. Yeah, yeah, and then Rachel's emotional.
Speaker 1: Rachel at the end hasn't told Joey how she feels, and she finally opens up, which, yeah, it's a good thing. She said she's falling in love with them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What do you think about them?
Speaker 2: Do you think they're I like them. I like her a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: She's just been like consistent right the whole season. And yeah, like I think I said at the beginning, like she's just like screams, I'm a wife, I'm wife material, I'm like ready for this, And I still feel that way about her.
Speaker 1: I just she just for me. She seems she's just very smart.
Speaker 2: Totally like and just like emotionally she's very mature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know, I feel like it's hard to compare because, like Kelsey is so bubbly and giddy, and I feel like that side of Joey comes out when they're together as well. Whereas Rachel still has like a great personality but has more of like a chill personality. So it's hard to like compare the connections.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also like what we see and what we don't.
Speaker 2: Totally we don't.
Speaker 3: But I think he also is really comfortable with her, and I think from what we've seen, she really like understands him as a person. Yeah, like some of the comments she makes and just the way they interact, I feel like she sees him for who he is, and like, I think that's a good thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's jump to the Christmas Tree Farm, the greatest place on Earth.
Speaker 2: It was so cute and magical.
Speaker 1: Daisy grew up on a Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Wow. I mean, if she doesn't make it at the end, I just I don't know. For me, it's like this could definitely be the Bachelor at a field of daisies holding one rose. Oh, I love it. Yeah. Or she's in a field of daisies that are in a red dress holding holding her red rose.
Speaker 2: Cute. I love it. And there's Christmas trees like way in the background.
Speaker 1: Did should really hire us for.
Speaker 2: The for the marketing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For this great Okay, what do we think Daisy's friends are there? She seems happy to see her her friends. The most important thing is her family, and she said she's been through a lot and she really wants like she would not move forward with Joey if her family didn't like him. Yeah she said that multiple times.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she said it.
Speaker 1: Many times, which kind of feels her.
Speaker 3: Family wasn't gonna like him, because I honestly, like everyone's gonna like Joey.
Speaker 1: I don't know about her family not liking him. I think it's more of like her family's just not comfortable and they can't get on board, Like it would be very hard for me too. I just think I don't know if Daisy it's it's really like Daisy just don't know how much Daisy's into Joey. And I think that's if she does say that she's falling in love with him at the end of this. But I feel like it's really taken her a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like a lot of people will say, like, oh, well, like that's real, and like that is because like she's so like round and down to earth, like it's too fast to fall in love. But it's like everyone else does it, you know what I mean, Like people do do it, People do fall in love in this amount of time, in this process, and like if you can't, yes, it might be like oh well, like that she might just be like too normal for it all. But it also might just mean like it's not her person, but she is getting there. She's just getting there slowly. I do think they're kid.
Speaker 1: Is she getting there because she has the beginning? Like is in her? Like it does she feel pressure that she's this far along and like she wants to get there? Everyone else is there, she should be there, so maybe she thinks she is.
Speaker 3: Maybe she might like she's influenced by her surroundings. Yeah, well I know, like even though you don't know where everyone else is at necessarily like they're not hanging out the girls anymore. Like this was the week I sent myself home, and I remember going into the week pretty aware that like I was not where everyone else was, Like I really wasn't, Like I was so like I would be surprised if she didn't have a kind of gauge on where all the other women are feeling. And I just feel like where Rachel is with Joey and where Kelsey A is with Joey, like it's obvious Daisy is a step or two behind what they're feeling and where those relationships are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean.
Speaker 2: You don't think she's behind.
Speaker 1: No, well, I mean I'm I I feel like there's something missing. But like Rachel also just said, she's the first time she's saying it too. But for whatever reason, it just feels like something's missing with Daisy, and I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: I think it's because with Rachel, Rachel isn't like second guessing where she's at with him.
Speaker 2: She's just like, this is the pace we're moving at.
Speaker 3: I feel good, Like there's more of a positive tone when she talks about her feelings for Joey. There's not really any like concern or hesitation about if she's gonna get there, and she's pretty like strong about like I hope it's him and I at the end of this, Whereas Daisy, it feels like she's always like, this is where I'm at, but and there's like hesitation in her tone if she's gonna get there, if she's like moving in the right direction, if things are going to go towards an engagement with him, like you can feel that I feel like with her a little bit. She also said to her friends, like, I'm really good at about opening up with my feelings to you guys and my family, but like maybe not so much in relationships, which was interesting to me because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would just I'd be curious.
Speaker 3: To know more about like her dating history, because I'd be curious to know if she's been like that in the past with relationships where she's just always had that issue of like opening up and moving at a certain pace. And I'd also be curious to know if her family has reacted a certain way to guys she's brought home, because if like there's been guys in the past she's brought home that didn't gel with her family, like that could be contributing to this dynamic of her being like, ah, I don't know how this is gonna go, Like I can't fully commit until I know where my family stands. Like there might be some background information in some context here that we're missing, but from what we're seeing and the information we're given, I don't have one hundred percent confidence if she's into him or not, and I don't think she does either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I agree. I agree, so, but family likes Joey. Everything wents there nothing really to talk about that.
Speaker 3: The mom and the dad were like, let down your walls, girl, like fall in love with him. It's okay, like the vulnerable like they were great. They were super supportive.
Speaker 1: And the mom, I think I said when we were watching it, the mom like, yeah, this this woman definitely has watched the show before, like she knows what is going on right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent, which always makes it a little bit more comfortable at the hometown date when it's like, Okay, these guys watch the show.
Speaker 2: They get what's happening here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, Okay, let's go to Niagara Falls Maria.
Speaker 3: Okay, Maria's not from Niagara Falls, just to be clear. And they did it in the US side. They didn't even do it on the Canadian side. It was Niagara, New York, not Niagara Buffalo on Terry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know, not Buffalo. Sorry, that's I'm assuming it must have been a filming issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They were like, we can get the same thing on both sides. Why the border. Yeah, but they they do the Maid of the Mess. Have you ever done the Maid of the mist before.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Niagara Falls.
Speaker 3: Oh we should go. It's it's cute. Niagara on the Lake is cute. It's very like, it's very no desire to really why not. It's really beautiful, especially in the summer. It's very picturesque. Yeah, maybe we'll go.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some of it is a little tacky, like it's like can be like it's very casino.
Speaker 2: We yeah, and like a lot of chains.
Speaker 1: I love casinos.
Speaker 3: Like there's like you're gonna see like Bubba Gump Shrimp. It's giving like Times Square Vegas like yeah, kind of esthetic. It's a tourist trap.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then Niagara on the Lake.
Speaker 3: I believe my geography is like never really accurate, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Is like more like wineries and cute hotels and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Nice. Okay, so they have chose like I.
Speaker 2: Don't care, I'm not going.
Speaker 3: You couldn't have cared less when I was talking just now, like your eyes were glazed over and you were like just waiting till I shut up to be like all right, moving on.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: No, no, I mean, I mean, don't try to deny it. I know we don't have to go.
Speaker 3: It's Maria and Joey like a cruise for me. Joe's never going to get on the cruise either.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she has the conversation about telling this is the first time she's telling Joey that she never brought anyone home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: I feel like we knew that as the audience, but I didn't realize that he didn't know that, which is She's not the first contestant to be like, hey, I've never brought anyone home before, but it's shocking that she's saying it, like right before they go meet the family.
Speaker 2: He seemed pretty stunned.
Speaker 1: It was this. I think it started last week, but the vibes between Joey and Maria just seem off at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey more than ever, is like, I don't know if this spark that we have, this fun, playful dynamic can overcome the issues that we have also, and they've had kind of a rocky ride the whole time. But I really think that last week she voiced some insecurities and was like, I don't know if I could do this anymore, and was basically kind of trying to send herself home, but like wasn't all in on the decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell he was like, all right, so is this it? Like are you leaving?
Speaker 3: Which I think is kind of the first clue that like maybe it's not Maria. Like he wasn't really putting up a fight for it.
Speaker 1: It felt like, yeah, yeah, how I feel like how Daisy feels about Joey. Joey feels about Maria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they have a connection.
Speaker 3: They're attracted to each other as a spark, but like, I don't think it's going deeper than that at this point, for I thinks a change.
Speaker 1: Meet the family, even though she ends up getting sent home, but really, you know family, big Greek family. But really, I mean I thought the family was great. I really I really liked the dad.
Speaker 3: I thought I really liked her dad too. Yeah, and they have such a wonderful dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought he was great. I really liked his conversation with Joey. I liked how he handled it. It definitely made it seem in the preview or trailer for the episodes that the dad was going to kind of be like a dick, even though and he was like the complete opposite. I thought he was great.
Speaker 3: I thought, well, he started off the convo kind of not going in on Joey but just having a hard, serious chat with him about like what's going on. And I could tell Joey was like because he was kind of like, well, I don't know. And Joey was like, well, okay, let me help you, like, let me give you some information.
Speaker 1: And I think he like really respected.
Speaker 3: That me too, And I thought they had a great conversation and it went really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I liked her dad a lot.
Speaker 1: Me too. I thought he was great, like I actually I really liked him. I was like, oh, I really like this guy.
Speaker 3: Maria was really emotional, a lot of tears, both like happy, sad, scared all in one.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, And then we see I thought her.
Speaker 3: Best friend was her sister for like the first half of the hometown. They kind of look alike.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she's Greek. Yeah, so I mean I assume, but I could be wrong. She just looks Greek.
Speaker 3: They don't look alike, You're right, they just both look like they're Greek, and they both have dark, like almost black hair.
Speaker 1: But Maria does not tell Joey how she feels.
Speaker 3: No, and I feel like it was all set up perfectly for her to do that, because it's like the date went so well, and then they watched this little montage of her as a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what I saw in TikTok.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is going to resonate with you because you probably haven't seen this movie. But I'm scrolling through TikTok and do you know the movie The Pacifier with Vin Diesel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's in it.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, she plays one of the girl scouts because the like second youngest kid that he's taken care of. He becomes their like dead mother or whatever, and they're getting picked on by the boys and she is like one of.
Speaker 2: The girls here.
Speaker 3: She's like three lines. I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I know, I watched that bee like a million times as a kid.
Speaker 3: I'm just scrolling through TikTok and then all of a sudden, it's like Maria in the Passifier.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know that's cool.
Speaker 3: I told my sister. She was like, I saw that like three weeks ago. I was like, okay, never mind.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so she doesn't see how she feels, and I think then we go to the airplane hangar.
Speaker 3: I love this rostrum relication. I know that it's like been used a whole bunch, but I just think it looks so iconic.
Speaker 1: It's just so dramatic.
Speaker 3: I know it's giving, it's like dripping in drama.
Speaker 1: So right before Joey's about to give out the roses, Maria pulls to the side. You could see the other girls.
Speaker 2: Rachel is ready to throw hands.
Speaker 3: She's so mad, which I don't blame her, because this happened like little last week where he pulled Maria's side right before the Rose ceremony. Maria's dress, her green dress from the last ros ceremony, and then this purple dress were insane, but specifically this purple dress, like she looked amazing the high slit, like I was like, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I was probably freezing in that Hangarun'd assuming.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent. I remember the last Row ceremony I was at. It was so cold, and you're standing there in these little dresses and strappy heels, trying to look cute while you're freezing your ass off.
Speaker 1: And that was probably another reason why Rachel's like really.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: She's like, I've been standing here for thirty minutes already, I'm freezing cold.
Speaker 1: Like, but I mean, Maria missed the opportunity. She didn't do it. She didn't do it when she had the opportunity. So she's like, this is my one last chance. And you could just see when she was saying it in Joey's face.
Speaker 2: He was kind of like, I think she knew in that moment she was going home.
Speaker 1: I think she knew by his response, yeah, because he just couldn't even like smile. He was just kind of no.
Speaker 3: He was like almost like fuck, like like you're going I'm about to send this girl home, and now she's like confessing her feelings to me. Do you think she went into that night knowing she was gonna pull Joey or do you think it was like a game time decision?
Speaker 1: Uh? The way she i I want to say she knew, but like I feel like the way she clapped clapped, like she went like she she'd clap seemed kind of spontaneous.
Speaker 3: Like she was like, oh my gosh, she's about to hand out the first row. Was like it's now or never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think she might have like yeah, yeah, I think she might have like maybe she thought she was gonna do it at the beginning and then decided like she backed out, and then right at the end she's like, fuck it, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe I think it was the right decision. I mean, like, if I was one of the other girls, I'd be super pissed. But if I'm in Marie issues, like, I think she did the right thing because she was gonna go home. I think either way that night, and had he not given her row, she would have always wondered if it was because she didn't open up to him. Yeah, and if she had would have made a difference. So at least she can leave with no regret. She left all her cards on the table. I actually was kind of surprised she went home. I didn't really know who I thought he was gonna send home at this road ceremony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought Maria was going was going to Fantasy Suites.
Speaker 3: I've had a hard time the last like two weeks predicting who's gonna be Final four and now who was going to be Final three, just because his connections are quite strong with everyone.
Speaker 1: I thought Maria was going to Fantasy Suites until Niagara Falls, and it just felt like it just felt like the vibes between those two were just and.
Speaker 2: All his concerns were coming to the surface.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it was kind of over from there. That's kind of what I.
Speaker 3: Thought, Yeah, especially after the way he handled their argument.
Speaker 2: Last week, and I don't think where he.
Speaker 3: Was kind of like it almost like he was making peace with her sending herself home, and it's hard to then like backtrack from there.
Speaker 1: And I don't think like her last second effort, like I think she should have did it too, because I agree with like not like leaving with no regrets. Yeah, and I think that would have sucked to left thinking that, like if I would have said it, maybe maybe, but I just yeah, I don't. I didn't think it was gonna work it and it didn't, and Maria went home.
Speaker 2: I was dying though at Rachel when she came back in. She was like what was that about?
Speaker 3: And Maria was like, I don't know. She was like, you don't know, you just pulled him and you don't know why. She was like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, thank you Rachel for asking.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, she doesn't he sends Maria home.
Speaker 3: She doesn't seem that like I think she was either in shock or she was standing there being like it's me, I'm going home based on the conversation we just happen, because she was like almost like there wasn't a huge emotional response from her, and I feel like we've seen her be really emotional all season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think she. I think she realized when she pulled Joey, she realized that that she was gonna get she would going to get the rose, and she's like, okay, I just in her head, I think she went like, Okay, A flip switched and she's like, I just got rejected.
Speaker 2: Switch flipped.
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 2: A flip switch switched?
Speaker 1: A switch flip and she was just.
Speaker 2: Like okay, like it's not me, brace yourself, be.
Speaker 1: Tough, like it's not you, Like that's it, move on. And I think that's what she did, and I think that's why we don't really see her get emotional, even though I'm sure at some point on her own she probably was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: I think that was for the camera, which I think most people would what.
Speaker 2: You thought she was kind of like being tough for the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm but I'm also like putting myself in that situation, and I feel like if it was me, I'd be like, Okay, it's it's not you like fucking tough enough right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but that's very specific to you. I think you're projecting.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Maybe, but she might have been that process.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm projecting, just speculating. Well, hopefully we don't know what we're talking you know, we're guessing the whole time.
Speaker 3: Hopefully when we eventually have Marie on the podcast, we'll be able to ask her more about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's so much that happened with her this season.
Speaker 3: I mean, she has been a huge storyline from episode one to now, so I'm looking forward to eventually getting to chat with her and also just getting to see what she has to say a woman tell all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see and then there, I would say, there's definitely going to be a push for her to be the next Bachelorette.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been seeing a lot of people online rooting for her to be the next bachelorette.
Speaker 2: So maybe we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Okay, guys, thank you very much for listening to the happy hour that is our episode. To make sure you tune in later this week because we're gonna have comedian Jared Freed on the podcast to give his breakdown on the entire.
Speaker 2: Season, and be sure to subscribe.
Speaker 3: We have new and exclusive interviews every single week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Bye,