Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Ted Cruz and our Week in review Ben Ferguson with you, and we had some major stories this week. You may have missed them, and I want to get you up to date. First up, Biden wants more illegals to come in to this country by loosening policies before Donald Trump is inaugurated on January the twentieth.
Speaker 1: Why is he doing it?
Speaker 2: Clearly trying to create an immigration dumpster fire for Donald Trump and the administration obviously not listening to the American people. Also, Joe Biden is celebrating the Rose Garden the Israel cease fire. Well, why did it actually happen? Well, it was because he abandoned our ally and refused to send the weapons that Israel needed. And finally, anti Semitism out of control on college campuses for the last year. So now will things change and will they reverse course because Trump has become president. We're going to talk about all of it. It's a Week in review and it starts right now. There is like two dumpster fires that seem to be happening simultaneously with the Biden administration, his team around him, and I think Americans should be incredibly angry over this for the fact that they're clearly saying, we know we lost the election, we know you chose a different path, but we're gonna stick it to the American people and also stick it to the Trump administration. Biden has decided, at the very end of his administration not respecting the voters when one of their top issues was border security, to loose in key migrant policies quote unquote right before you go into December January and until January twentieth, when obviously Donald Trump would undo all of this.
Speaker 3: I think it is absolutely clear that both Biden and Harris want Trump to fail. They want the problems in this country to get worse, and they want to make sure that that Donald Trump inherits the worst stinking pile of crap possible. So you look at challenges at home and abroad. At home, the greatest domestic challenge we have is the open borders that Joe Biden Kamala Harris put in place. Abroad, the greatest challenge we have are the wars that are unfolding because of Joe Biden Kamala Harris's weakness. Domestically, what are they doing well, Apparently neither Biden nor Harris learned a damn thing from the election. They didn't hear from the voters that they don't want an open border, they don't want this invasion. So instead they're doubling down, and they're trying to make it harder for Trump to come in with the new administration, secure the border and remove dangerous criminal illegal aliens. Take a listen to this reporting on Fox about what specifically the Biden administration is doing, Sandra.
Speaker 4: The Biden administration is quietly loosening immigration policies before Trump takes offense. This according to The New York Post. It reports, the administration is testing a new app that will allow illegal migrants to bypass in person check ins at their local ice office. Jeff Paul is Live with More. It sounds like they're just given Donald Trump one more thing to undo.
Speaker 5: Well, joh we do know the Biden administration has been testing this new immigration in Customs app, and the idea is to streamline the check in process for migrants, allow them to use their phones or computers to touch base with immigration officials while they wait for their date in court, instead of appearing for those check ins in person. Now, a source tells Fox News. Ice has been using the app already in a couple of cities, but according to the New York Post, it's going to be launched officially next month in New York City. The field office there reportedly has been overwhelmed, fully booked with appointments for a year. Our sources tell us that's really the push to get this backlogged moved through. The concerns regarding this app. Obviously, it's a new app, so there's going to be some glitches. The other wider concern is could it cause even more migrants to go under the radar. We'll have to see what happens.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 2: There's also some major issues in the reporting with this app. For example, the app reportedly has severe glitches and issues and does not track a migrants location if he or she is using an Android phone or laptop. So, hey, if you're a legal immigrant, just don't use an iPhone and they won't be able to track you. The app also does not check migrants for pass arrests or outstanding warrants, which is what they do now currently, and so that's another problem.
Speaker 1: They say. The app allows them to opt.
Speaker 2: Out of the the contest government orders to undergo electronic tracking, so you can just say no, I don't want to be tracked.
Speaker 1: There's no way to find you.
Speaker 2: And they know all of these glitches are in here, and yet they're going, yes, we should move forward with this, knowing that Donald Trump's going to undo it.
Speaker 3: Well, understand, the problem is not just that Donald Trump's gonna undo it, but the Biden administration is trying to make it harder to find these illegal immigrants. Why would you say, Hey, you don't have to check in in person. Hey, you can check in on any app that doesn't track your location, if you're on an Android for it. Hey, you can check in in a way that we're not going to find out if you've been arrested, if you have a warrant. This is all designed to help illegal immigrants go underground because Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and let's be clear, every Democrat in the House and Senate. You don't hear any of the Democrats speaking out of it against this. None of them are saying this is wrong, don't do this. This is designed to make it more difficult for the incoming administration to find illegal immigrants and to arrest illegal immigrants and to deport illegal immigrants. That includes the convicted murderers that have been released by this administration, the convicted rapists, the convicted child molesters. You look at, twenty twenty three set the record for the highest number of illegal immigrants entering the country in a single year, three point two million. And Joe Biden and Kamala Harris they don't want those illegal immigrants removed from this country. They see them as future Democrat voters. This is all about power, and I got to say say it is stunning. Well here, I want you to take a look at this, this tweet from Bill Malusion that lays out some of the numbers. And for those of y'all that are listening, I'm going to read it to you. This is what Bill Malugin tweeted. New per US official to Fox News. There are currently one point four million illegal immigrants in the US who have been ordered deported by a DOJ immigration judge but haven't been removed yet.
Speaker 2: So that's, by the way, if people want to know where Trump's going to start, I think Bill Malugin's tweet is a great reminder. There are one point four million illegal immigrants US have been ordered to be deported. So if you want to know where they're going to start, this is where they would start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm told approximately thirteen thousand of them are being held in ice custody, So out of one point four million, only thirteen thousand are in custody. The population of one point four million illegal immigrants have final orders of removal, meaning they have had their immigration cases heard, receive their due process, and have been ordered removed from the US by a DOJ fed immigration judge. A fraction of them may still have appeal options available to them and may not yet be removable. With only thirteen thousand in federalized custody, we are potentially looking at a lot of people roaming around the country who are in the US illegally and who have been ordered removed. It is impossible to know how many of them may be in state or local custodies. That one point four million, You're right, is exactly where I expect the Trump administration to start. I also expect them to start with the five hundred thousand convicted criminals, those with other criminal convictions murder, rape, child molestation, who are illegal immigrants who are released to go and apprehend the criminals, go after the murderers, the rapists, the child molesters, go after the Venezuelan gang members. If you're a Venezuelan gang member, my advice is pack up and move out right now, because we're coming for you. That this administration is going to arrest you, They're going to remove you, they're going to deport you, that if you've committed criminal offenses, they're going to put.
Speaker 1: You in jail.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the tone death aspect of this, and I say tone death, some people would care.
Speaker 1: They don't seem to care. Referring to Biden administration.
Speaker 2: You just had a trial that was watched in Georgia of an incredible young lady who fought for a life for eighteen minutes. Eighteen minutes she was fighting to save her own life. She was ultimately killed by an league lmmgrant that we were paying for the hotel rooms, we were flying him from New York to Georgia, and we're allowing him to be able to kill this incredible student in nursing school. And yet the response from this administration is, yeah, we're gonna keep facilitating that and do it on an app and make sure we can't track people for the next seventy days, because well, we're sorry that you guys picked Donald Trump and you wanted security.
Speaker 1: We're not going to give that to you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's even worse than that. The attitude of a great many Democrats is massive resistance. It is reminiscent of Bull connor during the Civil rights battles. O'Connor was an elected Democrat who did not want to follow the law and was defying the law, and he was bitterly angry. I want you to give a listen to a modern day Bull Connor, which is the Democrat mayor of the city of Denver. Give a listen to what he has to say.
Speaker 7: About civil disobedience. You've mentioned that a couple of times now. Would you be willing to participate in those as the mayor of Denver? Would you be willing to go out and protest these things?
Speaker 8: I would if I believe that our residents are having their rights violate. If I think things are happening that are illegal or immoral or an American in our city, I would certainly protest it, and I would expect other residents would do the same.
Speaker 7: Trump's new borders are Tom Homan has said that he is willing to arrest leaders like yourself for standing in the way of these policies that they want to enact. Would you be willing to go to jail for these things?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not afraid of that, and I'm also not seeking that. I think the goal is we want to be able to negotiate with reasonable people how to solve hard problems for publican and democratic presence in the past have all tried to find solutions to these problems. President Reagan help people get access to work so they could stay and support themselves. Biden Harris worked on restricting entry at the border to close down There are a lot of ways to approach this problem. We don't think it has to come to this, but yeah, I think when you look at you know, Ralph Carr has always been one of my heroes. He was the governor who in the middle of the interment of Japanese Americans said this was the wrong thing to do, and he stood up. It was unpopular, people were mad at about it. That was the middle of a wartime. If the president or any of his actors are going to do things that we think are illegal or immoral or an American we'll stand up against those.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how the law doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He just said, well, if it's the thing I think is immoral, then I'm going to just say I'm not going to follow the law. That's clearly and they want to become martyrs, they want to become famous. He's enjoying this moment. Please put me in handcuffs, make me a martyr. And I'm saying that we are still a sanctuary city.
Speaker 3: So understand, the mayor of Denver is the modern day Bull Connor. He is standing at the courthouse saying I will block federal law. I will not follow federal law because my politics, my prejudices. It's interesting he referenced Japanese internment camps. Who was it that ordered Japanese internment camps? That was a Democrat president.
Speaker 1: Fdr.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about patterns of lawlessness, The Democrat Party has over a century of history of lawlessness. And I'm going to call for something right now. So the mayor of Denvers said, we want illegal immigrants in our city. We will fight to keep illegal immigrants in our city. I don't care that the voters don't want it. I don't care what federal law says. I don't care about the women being murdered, the women being raped, the children being assaulted. I'm going to call right now for Greg Abbott, the governor of Texas, for Ron de Santis, the governor of Florida, for any other red governor to start sending buses to Denver, Colorado. Mayor of Denver wants illegal immigrants. Well, you know what, Joe Biden. One of the lies that mayor just said is well Biden and Harris tightened the standards at the border.
Speaker 1: That is called a lie.
Speaker 3: They didn't tighten the standard. They open up the border. Texas is being in right now, and I'm going to urge the state government of Texas send every one of the illegals who comes into the state to Denver, Colorado, drop them off in front of the mayor's residence. He wants them there. He's willing to go to jail to fight for them to be there. Fine, we will send you the Venezuelan gang members to your city and let's see. You know, I'm going to predict right now the residents of Denver aren't going to like this. I'm going to predict right now, what is.
Speaker 1: A tipping point?
Speaker 2: That was the question was going to ask you because it is in Colorado where we've seen these gangs from Venezuela take over apartment complexes.
Speaker 3: Aurora, Colorado. And by the way, ABC, the corporate media just said, well, it was only a handful of apartment complexes. Well, you know, you know what, We'll send a few more and let us know when you would like us to stop, because you're so proud see today's Democrat. They don't fight for American citizens, they fight for illegal immigrants. They fight for Venezuelan gang members. They want more of them there. Well, I'm happy to remove them from the state of Texas that removed them from Florida, to remove them from other red states and guess what, they can all learn to be skipros.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two, Sanata, let me ask you another question about the Also, when it comes to the timing of this there was Israel wanted to make it clear they feel like the Biden administration completely abandoned them and their leadership, which was to force them into a ceasefire. Israeli government spokesman went on MSNBC and this is what he.
Speaker 9: Said on that potential ceasefire deal joining US now. Israeli government spokesman in the Office of the Prime Minister, David Menser, really good to have you. Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 10: Is this a.
Speaker 9: Permanent deal or a temporary deal?
Speaker 11: The lens of the five depends on what happens inside Lebanon. We will certainly from Israel's twenty you adhere to the agreement, but we will also insist on the agreement being enforced.
Speaker 10: We will respond forcefully to any violation.
Speaker 11: So with the US is understanding, we will maintain the full freedom of military action. Yes, of course, we want our people to go home to their homes in sovereign Israeli territory.
Speaker 1: But if.
Speaker 11: Violates the agreement and tries to rearm, we will attack. If it tries to rebuild its terrorist infratrack infrastructure near the border, we will attack.
Speaker 10: And the Prime Minister has made crystal clear.
Speaker 11: If it launches rockets, if it digs tunnels, if it brings in truckloads of rockets, we will attack. We all want peace in this region, no one more than Israel, but we will respond forcibly to any violation of disagreement.
Speaker 9: Does that go for the other side as well? If Israel comes back and rearms itself and resets for a possible future escalation, possible future escalation in Lebanon, is that a violation of the agreement?
Speaker 1: I just kind of stop and get your reaction to that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how the media here is acting like Israel is a terrorist organization. They should be held to the same standards as a terrorist organization, Like, well, hold on a second, if you're gonna hold terrorist's standards Israel, are you guys gonna not arm yourself again? Israel is doing this in a defensive manner because they've been attacked from all sides, and yet NBC is asking a question like they're a terrorist group.
Speaker 3: That may be the most astonishing question I've ever heard a reporter say in my life. I want you to play that play just the final question again. I want you to hear it, because this is staggering that this is Do you have the name of this reporter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is on Katie Tour's show NBC slash MSNBC. And again here's that question as she acts like Israel's a terrorist organization.
Speaker 9: Does that go for the other side as well? If Israel comes back and rearms itself and resets for a possible future escalation, possible future escalation in Lebanon, is that a violation of the agreement?
Speaker 2: I mean, people wonder why the media no one has any faith in them anymore?
Speaker 3: And understand, Katie Tuur was a star reporter for NBC. She was embedded with the Trump campaign in twenty sixteen. She now has her own show on MSNBC. And what an absurd question is the agreement violated if Israel re arms itself, Katie, Israel is a sovereign nation. Israel is entitled to defend itself. There's nothing in this agreement. I mean, listen to the idiocy of well, doesn't this agreement say that Israel cannot have an army, can't defend itself, has to be utterly defenseless. Why, Well, they committed the horrible crime of existing when Hamas came in and murdered twelve hundred innocent civilians. Like there is a reason that we did an episode early on after October seventh. That's actually one of my favorite episodes entitled CNN is Hamas's Air Force so is MSNBC, so is ABC. By the way, you want to go back and that that's one of the episodes we put on YouTube. It's a video episode and you can watch it because we play about a dozen different clips where the corporate media is the pr arm of hamas well, there is MSNBC being the pr arm of Hesbela saying well, wouldn't it violated if Israel re arms itself. No, Israel has a right to defend itself and to keep the people of Israel safe, and they are not the equivalent as apparently MSNBC seems to think of the terrorist organization Samas and Hesbela that target and murder civilians.
Speaker 2: I wish, by the way, I could say that this was the worst for Katie in this interview. Listen to the response from the Israeli government spokesman and then the follow up to this about why the timing has happened now for this deal to be done, and that's where it Israel basically kind of says like, yeah, it's the Biden administration's fault because they didn't give us what we need to defend ourselves.
Speaker 11: Listen, of course, not Casey, Israel's a sovereign country, not a terrorist organization. We're talking about Jezebela, a terrorist organization in my country. But also last time I checked in your country to Kasey, they're a terrorist organization. They're our enemy. That make no misting that your enemy, and the States as well. So we, of course at Israel will defend ourselves. That's our rights like any other country in the world, to defend ourselves. But if this terrorist organization begins to prepare another attack against us, we will defend ourselves.
Speaker 10: Israel reserves that right.
Speaker 9: Is this contingent upon the US unfreezing a weaponshipment, specifically those one ton bombs that Israel had been using so effectively.
Speaker 11: Well, look, the Prime Minister made clear just before a couple of hours ago that the reason why this has happened now are three reasons.
Speaker 10: It's because we want to focus now on the Iranian threat.
Speaker 11: The premiss didn't want to expand on that, but we know that Iran is preparing to create a nuclear weapon. We cannot let that happen. We will always make that our number one priority because Iran say they wish to wipe this country up the face of the earth.
Speaker 10: Katie, when they say it. We believe it.
Speaker 11: And the second reason, of course is to yes, give our forces a breather and to replenish our stocks.
Speaker 10: And there have been big delays.
Speaker 11: The Prime Minister made that clear that yes, the US is our closest ally in the world.
Speaker 10: There are no two closer countries anywhere in the world.
Speaker 11: That there have been big delays in weapons and munitions deliveries.
Speaker 10: The Prime Minister made that clear.
Speaker 11: And these delays we hope will be resolved very very soon. But really the third reason for this ceasepy now is to separate as. The Prime Minister said that fronts and isolate from US. From day two law Hamas was counting Onbela to fight by its side. That was a massive miscalculation. With Hesbela now out of the picture, Hamas is left on its own and Israel can increase our pressure on Hamas get our hostages home, which is our sacred mission.
Speaker 10: It's on number one priority.
Speaker 2: Has I mean you hear it there, there's still like, hey you guys, let us hang out to dry.
Speaker 1: The Biden administration did this on purpose. We need this. We got to wait for Trump to come in.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's why this cease fire happened now as the Biden White House put enormous pressure on Israel to accept this deal, Israel did, and it is rational for Israel to make the decision focusing on Hamas, cutting Hamas off from Hesbela. That is a major strategic step forward. And so I understand why the deal was attractive. But the deal is also this White House is a It was prompted by this White House for extended periods of time cutting off weapons to Israel.
Speaker 11: But b.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden and Kamala Harrison, the Democrats are trying to tie Israel's hands, and they're trying to do it before the Trump administration comes into office. And so what I'm trying to make clear is nothing in this deal ties Israel's hands to protect itself, to defeat and kill terrorists. Understand, Literally, on the day of October seventh, the Biden administration was saying publicly, do not retaliate militarily. They have been saying every day since October seventh. Happened, stop killing terrorists. And Israel, to its credit, and I got to say the Prime Minister spokesman there, I think did a fantastic job of articulating that Israel is going to defend itself whether or not Democrats in Washington are willing to support it.
Speaker 2: As before, If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week you may have missed. Let me ask you a question about college campuses, and we talked to the I'm going to go you mentioned in the center, and I talked about this a lot on the show. Those presidents that came before Congress, and it was shocking that they would not stop the just abuse of the Jewish students and not protect them. Do you feel like the pendulum will swing back watching what happened to some of those presidents and just seeing how extreme these college campuses have gotten, or do you think they're just so indoctrinated to hate Israel now that this is just the policy of almost all of these IVY schools.
Speaker 6: Well, the good things then is as a sort of broken down academic myself, I can tell you one thing which is the one thing they care more about than their parking spaces is their funding. And so if you hold their funding at risk, they will stop this behavior. And so I was at penn last April to give remarks on why I think it's a bad idea to hate Jews, and I required three layers of armed guards. I had Philadelphia City cops, I had pen cops, and Heritage was not satisfied with that, and they sent an additional armed guard with me because it was such radical thing for me to go on campus and make these remarks, and that speech isn't free. A lot of people had to pay for that, including the taxpayers of Pennsylvania amongst others. And it was a really enlightening moment that we have to hold this funding at risk. And I've heard President Trump talk about this. I think very forcefully that no university should get federal funding. And I think we can also look at this from the state perspective and hold that funding at risk and that will actually change this behavior.
Speaker 3: Well. And I got to say, Victoria has a lot of courage going on to college campuses and facing the crazy left, the angry left, the Israel hating and America hating left, and we need to see more of that courage, more of that courage among academics, more of that courage among students. And you know, I think back. You know, I mentioned Ben at the outset that Victoria was my first national security advisor, and I think it's worth recounting a little bit of that story when we first started working together. So I was elected to the Senate twelve years ago. I show up in December of twenty twelve, sworn in in January of twenty thirteen. And when you're a brand new Senator, when you're a baby senator, they put you down down on these little bitty basement offices and it's basically freshman hazing. I mean, there are one hundred Senate offices that are full offices, but they keep the new senators down in the basement for three four five months, just basically as an initiation. And then so Victoria was part of our very first team that came together right when I was newly elected. And she came and joined us initially for what was going to be two weeks and just to help us get started, help us hire some staff, and then she then she was going to move on. And when we got there. One of the very first things we had as we had a vote on John Kerrey, who had been nominated as Secretary of State, and John Kerry at the time I was elected, he was a senator, so he was a colleague of mine for like four minutes. And then Obama the beginning of the second term, nominated Kerrie as Secretary of State. I remember John Carey came by my basement office. Victoria was sitting in the office in the meeting, and Carrie was, let me speak nicely, incredibly confident in himself. I'm trying to put that in a kind tone, and he gave me this this sort of long lecture how I really need to it needed to embrace the Law of the Sea Treaty, which the Law of the Sea Treaty, among other things, significantly undermines US sovereignty and gives away the ability of we the people to make own laws. And I remember sitting that just kind of laughing and being like, Okay, this guy has no idea who I am, like none whatsoever. And we then came to the vote on the floor of the Senate, and it was one of the very first votes I ever took, and I went down and voted no, and there was literally an audible gasp on the floor of the Senate when I voted no, because a freshman senator was certainly not supposed to do that. The vote was ninety seven to three. So ninety seven senators voted yes. There were only three of us that voted no. I was it ninety four to three? Okay, Well, then I guess Carrie didn't vote for himself. And I remember the three.
Speaker 10: I remember them.
Speaker 3: I don't know who skipped. Whoever skipped, they did better than the ninety four. And then immediately thereafter, about concurrently with it, was the confirmation of Chuck Hagel. Now Chuck Hagel is who Obama had nominated to be Secretary of Defense, and Chuck Hagel had been a Republican senator. I didn't know Hegel, but as I looked at his record, his record was terrible. And so I ended up leading what was the very first filibuster in American history against a defense secretary, and it was successful. It was before Harry Reid had used the nuclear option, before he'd blown up the filibuster. So you can't filibuster now a cabinet nominee anymore, but you could then, and we successfully held forty one Republicans. We stopped his nomination, and then actually Republicans being what they are, several other Republicans who joined us went wobbly and decided to confirm him anyway. But that's another story. But what I will say is I think it got Victoria's attention that this was not going to be just to quiet go along to get a long tenure in the Senate, that we were there to fight battles and lead battles. And she ended up staying in. And I'll tell you something astonishing, Penn. So, if you rewind the clock twelve years ago, twelve years ago, I am elected to the Senate, I'm elected to the Senate. I'm forty one years old, brand new, elected to the Senate. And as I came into the Senate, I had areas that I knew a lot about. If you were talking about legal issues, if you're talking about criminal justice, if you were talking about constitutional law, I had a long background in all of those issues. When it came to foreign policy, I had essentially zero background. Just my professional career, I'd never worked in foreign policy. I never worked in the State Department of Defense department. I'd never dealt with foreign policy. My focus had always been domestic. When I was on the George W. Bush campaign twenty four years ago, I was the domestic policy advisor. That was my specialty, and so look economic matter, domestic matters. I had a lot of experience foreign policy, I had essentially none, but I did have some strong beliefs. The son of a Cuban immigrant who had fought in the Cuban Revolution, and I believed profoundly in freedom. I was inspired by Reagan. Peace through strength is a principle in philosophy that I believed deeply in. But I didn't have a terribly deep subject matter expertise. And so one of the things I give give that background because one of the remarkable things Victoria did is is basically convened a university in the United States Senate to train me up in foreign policy. And I say so with complete humility. And what preceded for four years is we would do deep dives. And when I'm in DC, Heidi and the girls stay back in Houston. So when I'm in DC, I'm solo. I don't have I don't have anybody at home, and so my philosophy, if I get to get to my apartment at seven or eight or nine, o'clock at night, I'll be mad at my team. I'll be like, wait, what am I doing sitting in an apartment staring at a wall. There's work to be done. Like now, if Heidi in the girls were there, I'd want to be home with the kids. But if they're not there, I want to work. And so every night when I'm in DC, I do a working dinner. And what Victoria began convening as we do working dinners, and many of them were with subject matter experts, where we'd bring in, say a Middle East policy expert or a couple. We'd bring in an Israel expert, or an Iran expert, we'd bring in a Russia expert, we'd bring in a China expert, and we'd do a deep dive onto a subject matter and sit there and have a three four hour dinner really asking. You know, I'm a big believer that there are no stupid questions other than the question you don't ask because you're afraid to ask. And so I was perfectly happy to ask question after question after question. And I will just say, now, twelve years later, where I have been in the middle of virtually every foreign policy battle in the Senate, for a long time. Now, it's worth looking back to twelve years ago. The incredible job Victoria did systematically giving me a knowledge set to go along with principles that I started with. But I didn't have the subject matter expertise. And there's literally no person on planet Earth more responsible for my being able to develop that subject matter expertise than Victoria Victor.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question following up on what he just stated there, and that is it's it's getting close to Christmas, a lot of people buying gifts. It's Black Friday right now as people are listening to this. When you wrote this book, who did you envision reading it? Is this one of those books that you should absolutely get for maybe your kids are in high school or in college.
Speaker 1: Is this I mean when you when you write it?
Speaker 2: When I wrote my book, I'm like, I was trying to vision who do I want to read this book?
Speaker 1: Who am I trying to give information to?
Speaker 6: To give information ben to people who who are interested in American national security? And not to correct Senator Cruise, but not that I ever would, But the only thing I would adjust to what he just said is it's not foreign policy. This is national security. This is what touches all Americans every day, and so I would hope everyone from a high school senior to somebody who's just interested in the Middle East would be interested in this book because they want to know why this is in the United States' best interests. And I would boil this down to a single issue. And I remember so clearly when we made the decision to do this, which was when Senator Heller's bill to move the Israeli Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem came up right away in January of twenty thirteen, and it did not have a co sponsor, and I said to Senator Cruz, would you like to be co sponsor? And he said, yes, I would. This seems like a really good idea because this gives that kind of clarity that we were just talking about. And that's when I knew we were off to the races. Same thing with the vote on John Carey, same thing with Chuck Hagel, that we are going to take a new approach to these issues. And it's one of the reasons it was not easy for me to leave Senator Cruz's staff to go into the Trump administration. But I had no conflict of interest because it was essentially the same policies. These are the America First policies, and one of those keystones of that is the relationship between the United States and Israel. And so that's really the purpose behind the book to explain to people why that is and then to give them ammunition to spread that information around because I think the disinformation about Israel, the very negative information about the Jewish people as well as Israel, is so pervasive. So that's why I wrote it.
Speaker 2: I know it's going to be an important book and a lot of people are going to want to try to grab this.
Speaker 1: Where can they get it? Where do you tell people to go?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, they can get it anywhere they would like. They can get it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, they can go to the encounterpress website, but Amazon's probably the easiest what we all have on our phones. So really appreciate any kind of pre orders and I hope it makes a great gift.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to down with my podcast, and you can listen to my podcast every other day. You're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts and we will see you back here on Monday morning.