Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The NBA season is in full swing, coming down the stretch. Then we move right into the playoffs in April, May and June. I can't wait. Spice things up with Draftking sports Book and official sports betting partner the NBA. Right now, all you have to do is put down five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets. Pretty good trade off. I pay five, I get one hundred and fifty dollars. North Carolina listeners, do not forget. Welcome to the party. Draft King Sportsbook now live in your state, North Carolina. Download the Draftking sports Book app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin col N Again ninety seconds. Download Draft King sports Book app.
Speaker 2: Put in Colin.
Speaker 3: New customers bet five, get one hundred and fifty back in bonus bets instantly. That is the trade all right. The code is always Colin.
Speaker 2: The crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available. For problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNG, dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We're back with our third episode this week. As I promise you all, we will be coming to you a little more during the playoffs. Be that I got no job, am unemployed and this is well, that would be a lie.
Speaker 2: This is also.
Speaker 1: Job, so I do have a job. However, my normal day job. I've currently been laid off and an unemployed, so got a little more time to do pods. Listen to Knicks fans try to make it out like I hate the Knicks. I don't hate the Knicks. A lot of other stuff going on around the NBA as well. We have two more teams get eliminated, you know, so, but let's get into this episode. It is spicy today, spicy last night around the NBA Jesus Christ. The Pacers beat the Bucks one twenty to ninety eight to advance to the second round for the first time in a decade since the Paul George era, D West era, Roy Hibbert Uh. Pretty much since the era when the when the Pacers passed up on me, when they didn't listen to Carl Nicks tell them they should draft me, and here.
Speaker 2: We are, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Since then, there's been a lot of said so thanks, no thanks, thank you, whatever that should be. I'm appreciative it all worked out in the end. But let's get back into this game. Holly has seventeen ten and six seven for sixteen from the field. And as good as that will the stat line, we've seen him put up better, better stat lines.
Speaker 2: Although it's a very solid stat line.
Speaker 1: Where he had the pace of the game was absolutely beautiful, and essentially it ended up being too much for the Bucks. They couldn't keep up with that pace. You know, when you don't have Gianni's uh, Jannis Yannis creates all the temple, all the pace for the Bucks, and when you don't have him and the Pacers are playing at that pace.
Speaker 2: He s they scored one hundred and twenty points.
Speaker 1: The Bucks scored ninety eight points, even with Dame having having a good night twenty eight points on sixteen shots, Porters having twenty and fifteen eight for seventeen from the field. Even with that, it just wasn't enough to keep up A can't score enough points but that pace. The Indiana Pacers played with the same pace that they played with all year. And remember, I don't believe that Indiana Pacers is a is a sixteen game team. I personally said they are an eighty two game team and I still believe that. However, Shout out to them, Shout out to Hollie, shout out to Pascal aaron Ne Smith have had a very very very solid SERI good series. Shot the ball well. Defending Chris Middleton. Chris Middleton has some big games in this series. I think average the most points he ever averaged in the playoff series. But it was a tough, tough road to get there. It was nothing easy. He didn't get anything easy. He had to work for everything. Chris is a great scorer, so he's going to get points. But the goal is to always make guys like that work for their points. Man, shout out Denise Smith, but the crown the day goes to my guy, TJ McConnell. TJ McConnell twenty points, nine assists, four steals off the bench in twenty three minutes. Not sure if you could be more productive than that. Had this running joke which TJ knows about. Had this running joke very early in TJ's career with Chris DeMarco, one of our assistant coaches, and Chris de Marco would come in raving about TJ. And I'm like, man, stop it. Ced like TJ's a G League player. He's he's out an NBA player. This guy's a G lead player. And CD's like, you're crazy, Like this guy makes when he plays he does, I'm like, CD, TJ McConnell's trash. Like TJ McConnell's not a good basketball player. He doesn't even look like a basketball player.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I said that in the game one day we were playing against I can't remember TJ Mayn on Philly at the time, and I'm like, Yo, this dude don't even like a basket. TJ's like, what, Like, how could you say that about me and man, it's been so much love between me and and TJ.
Speaker 2: Ever since. I got a lot of respect for him.
Speaker 1: Ironically enough, we're sitting here watching the game yesterday and Travis sitting here. He's like, TJ McConnell will be He's a he's a forever NBA player, meaning TJ McConnell will have a job in the NBA as long as TJ McConnell wants to have a job in the NBA. Once TJ McConnell was done playing in the NBA, TJ McConnell would then move to someone coaching staff. He would then move to someone's front office. TJ McConnell. That is the reputation, that is the respect that TJ McConnell has around this league.
Speaker 2: And for him to go out and have a night like that in a close out game, like.
Speaker 1: I want to try to help you out understand how hard a close out game is, which is why you see so many people fail and close out game.
Speaker 2: It's not the same game you played in the Road to the series, it's not.
Speaker 1: Close Out games are way harder, which is also why you normally see teams start off like shit, like all of a sudden, you see guys taking uncharacteristic shots to start out close out games. You see guys breaking and breaking, turning the ball over, sloppy close out games are hard as hell. And for TJ McConnell to come out and deliver that game in a close out game, oh man, it was beautiful to watch because what it allowed was at no point in the game to Indiana lose their pace. Holly, go out the game. TJ McConnell going pushing the tempo again. Man, this man had twenty points nine assistant force steels in twenty three minutes.
Speaker 2: Like twenty three minutes.
Speaker 1: That almost mean he was making a play pretty much every time he had the ball. In twenty to do that in twenty three minutes, he was making a good play pretty much every time he touched the ball.
Speaker 2: And I'm here to tell.
Speaker 1: You, nobody's really letting TJ McConnell dominate the ball on their team. Like, yeah, he gonna go, he gonna set the off but he like setting the offense up if he got the ball. He ain't like looking to get something for himself. So for me, the twenty and nine is even more impressive. I mean, he was making it happen every time he got the ball, and I thought it was absolutely beautiful to watch. It'll get really interesting to see what happens with the Bucks this offseason. They does Dames still want to be there? We've heard a lot of talks about Dame's not happy there. Does Gianni still want to be there? Like?
Speaker 2: Do they pivot with their roster?
Speaker 1: They've kind of had some mainstays in their roster with Chris and Brook and Bobby. Do they make pivots in their roster and continue to try to swing?
Speaker 2: What happens from here be interesting? You know, Pat Content's been there.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 2: What happens from here? Obviously you got Doc.
Speaker 1: Doc's gonna probably want to bring in some more guys that he trusts, uh, some guys that fits his system more, you know, So it'll get interesting. It'll get interesting in Milwaukee. But before we move on, let's talk about the stuff that happened after the game. We had Halle trolling Dame with the ball in the game. I don't know if you all have kept up, but if you haven't, you should go back and check out the clip of Dame talking about Holly being.
Speaker 2: Humbled after Holly's doing the.
Speaker 1: Dame time celebration in the regular season. He like, you, how your moment? That's cool, Dame talk. You got your moment, but be humble. It's gonna come back around. And it's unfortunate that a dame didn't get to play this hire series healthy, be that we didn't get to see Gianni's in this series.
Speaker 2: But I am here to tell you, no one cares. No one cares.
Speaker 1: Nobody's going to at the end of the day be like, ah, the Pacers beat the Bucks, but they didn't have Giannis and Dane wasn't. No one cares, No one cares. We lost an NBA Finals and within forty eight hours, Kevin Durant, Torre's Achilles and Klay Thompson towards acl No one cares. It's not how this thing works. A part of winning in this league is staying healthy. That's actually a part of the job to stay healthy because, as they say, the best ability is availability. So as you are, no, I got nothing beloved today. And but you just can't like nobody, nobody. You're not allowed to say, oh, well they got this, because no, that's not how this works. You play who's on the court and who's lined up against. And that is the task at hand, because guess what if you lose, nobody's going to be like, oh, well, we're going to give him a pass because he took it lighter. Because that guy was hurt and that guy was out.
Speaker 2: No one cares. So shout out to the Pacers.
Speaker 1: Their fans may be somewhere in my comments like the Knicks fans talking about, oh, you was wrong about us.
Speaker 2: I'm still not wrong about y'all.
Speaker 1: I still think the Indiana Pacers are.
Speaker 2: An eighty two game team. And by the way, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Pacers may need to make sure going into this next round that they get Pascal Siakam off because he's the guy that's been there, knows how to do it, and he had a great couple of games to start this series, not so great as.
Speaker 2: The series went on.
Speaker 1: They're going to need a big Pascal, a great Pascal to win this next round, and so I think that needs to be the focus. Rick Carlile as offensive jeens, so I know he'll find ways to get him involved, but I think that'll be important.
Speaker 2: However, let's get back to this troller. So Halle.
Speaker 1: Goes at pap Bell on Twitter with the cookee con Man fripped from above the rim, which Dame previously tweeted about Patrick Beverley. You all also should know about the few that Damian Lillard and Patrick Beverley has had over the years. If you remember back to the bubble when Dame missed the two free throws, Patrick Beverley and a couple other guys that can't quite pinpoint who the other guys were, but they were falling over the little stanchion guardrail type bill board, this thing that was in front of the benches in the bubble. They were going crazy when Dame missed those two free throws. Then the whole thing went down on Twitter. So it it got interesting last night. And I must say I respect Halle strolling. Like everybody is not good at trolling. Most people actually are bad at it. You start to see in boxing today like how bad boxers are like talking and promoting a fight. It's gotten so bad, like people really aren't good trolls anymore. And so to see Halle like number one, this just didn't come. Halle's been playing and he's been planning this, like he's been like, oh, I'm gonna tweet this I'm going at them this way when we beat these guys like he been planning this and actually go through with it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: And the reason I love it so much is because it didn't just start like they beat them five times in the regular season and was talking to him about it. So I wasn't like, oh, it's surprised, beef and this just started. No, both teams got exactly who they wanted to see in the first round, Pacers came out on top and still talking.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I told y'all before though, I love it. I love the way that those young Pacers compete. I've talked to you about how how crazy them are be talking to people on the court, and you know, it's really fun to watch. And I am always one to watch.
Speaker 2: The game within the game. I'm just not watching the typical.
Speaker 1: Who scored this point, who got this rebound, even typical x's and o's. I'm always watching the game within the game. And I can't help but watch the Indiana Pacers. And one of the most valuable players on the Indiana Pacers is a guy who does not even get in the basketball game. I'm not sure when's the last time he's gotten the game not really why he's there. One of the most valuable players on the Indiana Pacers is James Johnson. And the reason James Johnson to me is one of the most valuable players on the Indiana Pacers is because he is the very reason that Hallie is talking like that, like and cool with it and y'all ain't gonna do nothing to me, and it is what it is, what you're gonna do. And he's the exact reason nim Hard acts the way he acts. I don't know nim Hard from a can of paignt prior to playing against him, but I know the confidence that he has on the court, the demeanor that he walks around with that's backed by something like that's backed by something to know, like there, y'all, you ain't gonna touch me. And they got a vet Og over there. I always talk about the importance events. I always talk about the importance of having OG's on your team. And they got a VET that's well respected in the NBA. And if a hone is highly feared by a lot of people in the NBA, and so they walk around.
Speaker 2: Like that with their chest out, like they.
Speaker 1: Walk around like they untouchable, and you ain't gonna do nothing to me and guess what nobody asks because they know they got that backing. And so again, I'm always watching the game within the game, and to see Holly trolling the way he's trolling, call that man of con Man took Dames quote and ran it back on the teammate. That's crazy. That's high level trolling right there. We may have to start some troll awards on the Draymond Green Show because that is high level trolling. And I'm rolling with that. This is not a controversial podcast. I don't really love controversy. I'm not really want to get try to get into trouble. I thought, I just get people in trouble. I've been in enough of my own and kind of see how people try to kick you when you're down and you have your moments. And I'm really not one to agree with. I thought Stephen Ada other day talking about I called the league to try to get Russell Westbrook suspended was absolutely absurd. Hey, this is how we feed our family, and you're taking it up on yourself from your media job to call and say this brother, like, y'all, I'm not suspend, Like come on, like, what are we doing? Like that, enjoy the game like that was crazy to me, absolutely crazy. So hey, that's how what this is. However, Pat Ball threw a ball at a fan last night, launched the ball, bam, hit the girl.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Apparently he didn't hit his target or he had two targets. He got the ball back, hey back, like like he checking the rock up or something that at the park in Saginaw, Michigan at Unity Park they checked the rock.
Speaker 2: He checked the rock and bow through that the other dude. And that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Because Pat keep having these instances after they lose, like in these playoff games. And that one, uh, that one might have been crazier than the CEP push. I don't know if y'all remember Pat Ball. See was just walking to the bench. They ain't say a word this one. I hated CP.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: By the way, y'all text CP yesterday. He ain't text me back, so y'all make sure y'all go at CP. Tell him don't not respond to me because our season ain't going no more. But I'm at CP. But anyway to push on CP, this might have been worse because it opens up an entirely different can of worms. Like I saw the police getting involved. Those people may want to press charges, but man Adam going to have a problem on his hands with this one because it's about as close as you can get to go in in the stands and that is forbidden for us.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 1: Then Pat didn't follow it up very well because he followed it up with getting into the getting into it with the female reporter about not not subscribing to this podcast. I ain't never heard somebody say, if you ain't subscribed to my podcast, don't ask me a question. I actually try to take the complete opposite approach, because I am very appreciative of the NBA supporting podcast the way they do that, the way the league has supported players branching off and doing these things, and organizations have accepted it, like at the end of the day, we still got day jobs.
Speaker 2: And I am never one to try to.
Speaker 1: Cross the two, like, no, my podcast is my podcast, and I'm gonna do this interview, and I'm gonna do the interview as such to something that I want people to see. I'm gonna do the interview as such to where people can get good quotes, and then I'm gonna go do my podcast and I try to always be certain to stay along that line because I am appreciative of the support that the league gives. Pat BEV like, no, you're not subscribed to my podcast, get out of here, get your microphone out of here. And quite frankly, I didn't think the lady did anything wrong, and I'm not really sure of one subscribers like tilting anything anyway, for better or for worse. But then Pat Beav doubled down, like why are you still here? Like you're still in the circle movie your microphone And so the rough night for Pat bath Uh, I'm interested to see what happens because I know something's gonna happen that ball would understands twice and man, rough on for Pat. You can't, Pats, you can't keep starting these seasons suspended. I know I am not one to say anything about the suspension, but I'm gonna say it, Pat, you can't keep having these moments man, at the end of these losses. And brother, I'm on your side because I know how these things go, but they just can't come.
Speaker 2: They can't always come at the end of a loss.
Speaker 1: Like if these things won't happen, let him happen like it is what it is, but they just can't keep coming.
Speaker 2: At the end of a loss.
Speaker 1: Bat Bab, you're starting to look like the kid that's gonna grab the ball and said I'm going home.
Speaker 2: He said, I can't play. We out here were leaving the park. It's my ball, Come on, Pat, But uh, it got spicy.
Speaker 1: So I'm about to go subscribe to Pat podcast because I want to hear what he's gonna have to say about his instances yesterday in other news, and you all know, we gotta talk about the Knicks. I know all the Knicks fans is waiting to see what I got to say about the Knicks. You must wait longer because we're gonna talk about Kevin Durant now, the Kevin Durant that didn't come to the Knicks when everybody thought he was coming to the Knicks and went to the Brooklyn Nets. We're gonna talk about him now before we talk about the next James Jones and not in particular, are we gonna even talk about KD although we kind of are.
Speaker 2: James Jones recently.
Speaker 1: Had the interviews in the season Rap interviews and he said, end quote, a constant focus for us is to continue to figure out and maximize Kevin Durant. No one has done it yet, I believe will be the first team to do it. And I must say, as long as James Johnson believes that they will be the first team to try to maximize Kevin durant potential, as long as they'll keep struggling, because that.
Speaker 2: Means they're not watching what.
Speaker 1: Or how or even going back to look at film and when Kevin Durant was most successful. And I must say I was baffled when I watched James Jones make this comment because and I get, like, you gotta see the whole interview, like some of the stuff he was like you got it, and you understand, and like you could tell he was really being a true leader with James Jones' is veril real respective for even before the general manager job, James Jones.
Speaker 2: Were well respected leader in the NBA.
Speaker 1: What he was doing was being a leader, like, let me try to take some of this pressure off Kevin, let me try to help Kevin, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: But sometimes when we go down those rabbit holes, we go a little too far and we exaggerate things just a little too.
Speaker 2: Much because.
Speaker 1: James Jones was on the team in twenty seventeen that lost in the NBA Finals to Kevin Durant, when Kevin Durant was with the Golden State Warriors, and Kevin Durant averaged thirty five eight rebounds of five assists on fifty five percent from the field forty seven from three ninety three percent shooting, and when you got your ass.
Speaker 2: Busts like the cows got their ass buss.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time believing that James Jones can then after sitting there on the bench, getting in the game every now and then to see if he can hit a three, could then come out and say, no one has been able to maximize Kevin Durant. When your team does not have plays to get Kevin Durant coming off a pin down, get Kevin Durant catching the ball at the elbow with a live dribble, getting Kevin Durant to the spots that Kevin Durant want to get to and like to score from.
Speaker 2: When your team is set up that way, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but you didn't maximize Kevin Durant. But don't say nobody has maximized Kevin Urrant because you've been on the wrong side of Kevin Durant being maximized.
Speaker 2: You've been on the wrongs.
Speaker 1: And when I say maximized, I'm not just talking about a couple plays in the game.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant was maximized at to go to State Warriors.
Speaker 1: You know why Kevin Durant was maximized at to go to State Warriors because Kevin duran was allowed to do what Kevin Durant only wants to do. You know what that is just play basketball. Kevin Durant didn't have to worry about leading the team. He didn't have to worry about And by the way, Kay's a great player and he works his ass off more of a lead by example type guy.
Speaker 2: The way he worked.
Speaker 1: With us, I'm not gonna sit here and be one of those people and act like, oh, he didn't bring any type of leadership.
Speaker 2: Like the way he worked on a daily basis is leadership.
Speaker 1: Like yes, he's not vocal, yes he's not gonna say hey, come on, let's go and do this. But the way he worked every single day is leadership. Because that is a lead by example. You got young guys, you got guys who look at Kevin Durant and think he's a great player and want to Okay, this is what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I need to do that. That is a sign of leadership.
Speaker 1: So I am not one of the people that's gonna say he never let it all like that's garbage. But he didn't have the burden of I need to lead this team every single day from all aspects. Ever in Golden State, when he was with us, that was not a thing. He did not how to roller, I need to get these other guys involved, No, none of that.
Speaker 2: You know what he did? Score?
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, they switching this screen and roll with me and stuff here, Kate, go get a bucket score. That is maximizing Kevin Durant. You know why, because Kevin Durant scores. Oh, by the way, let's go look at his defense when he was with the Warriors. That is maximizing Kevin Durant. Go look at his defense when he's with us. Go look at his defense this year. Sometimes it was good, not as consistently as it was to the Warriors. When Kate was with the Warriors, he was one of the best rim protectors in the league. Yep, you heard it. I'm gonna say it again. He was one of the best rim protectors in the league. Our small lineup worked in part because teams will try to go small and have no rim protection and think we just out there, No me and Kate out there protecting that rim.
Speaker 2: Andre, come across strip, you protecting that rim. Kate's protecting the rim. Which is why I came on this.
Speaker 1: Podcast and saying, if the Phoenix Sons want to beat the Minnesota Timberwoolls, Kay, who I know can be a great defender, gotta go guard Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 2: That never happened for a large part of the series.
Speaker 1: Guess what, I'm looking at the Beasts right now and the Phoenix Sons.
Speaker 2: Are too somewhere in the world.
Speaker 1: And that was one of the reasons why so to say didn't maximize Kevin Durant. No, the Phoenix Sons didn't maximize Kevin Durant, and in large part you didn't have a point guard.
Speaker 2: Guess what.
Speaker 1: Maximizing Kevin Durant requires you to get Kevin Durant to the spot that Kevin Durant likes to score from. And y'all didn't do that because they thought that they could get it done without having a point guard.
Speaker 2: Didn't work.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was wild, because, yeah, you're right, no one has maximized Kevin Durant like to go to State Warriors.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give James Jones a little word of advice. You want to maximize Kevin Durant, go get a point guard. You want to maximize Kevin Durant, put him in positions to score. You want to maximize Kevin Durant, take some of the other weight off his shoulders. But until you do that, you will be singing this same tune that nobody maximized Kevin Durant because y'all did it. And that's just the case, and that is a lie, and no, that is not how we rolling because nah so. And moving on to the part we all been waiting for the New York Knicks. Jalen Brunson led New York Knicks number one. Congratulations to the Knicks. Job well done, Tips coach Darren Erman, Earn ah Man, good win by those Uncle Wes, good Win by the Knicks. I got a lot of friends that are Knicks fans. They're all going crazy. Shout out to Jay Cal. Jay Cal been talking about the Knicks getting to the second round since I met him about twelve years ago.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Ja Caw.
Speaker 1: His knicks are on their way to the second round, led by Jaylen Brunson. Oh but let me tell you it was not as bad dominant as it has been. Dante Difencizo, who I told you are needed to play well, needed to get touches in order to get off to help the team win.
Speaker 2: Finish with twenty three points, five and nine from the three.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it wasn't your typical ball dominant Jalen that he had been in the three games before that. Guess what though, he still ended up with forty forty one points or something like that. He still ended up with the numbers. Is it just forty one points and twelve assists? Still ended up with the numbers thirteen for twenty seven from the field, he can take thirty two shots, thirty six shots, thirteen are very effishing, thirteen to twenty seven from the field, a very fishing three for eight from three. So I'm just saying, the ball dominant, I need to get to it or I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's great.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Brunton when he shared and getting off the ball, getting to his spots. You see the trap, come and get off it, catch it go, not messing around out. I'm gone, like get downhill the Josh Hart, that Josh Hart three dagger, that's Jaylen brust Oh, I'm going. I see the trap coming, let me go, let me beat the hill. Now go, not just waiting waiting and trying to figure it out. That's it Jaylen Brunce. And I like to see. And by the way, a lot of Knicks fans are trying to make it out to be like Draymond don't like us, Draymond hate the Knicks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know y'all probably need something to rally around, like everybody need.
Speaker 2: A rally cry, and I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm not really that because I quite frankly don't hate the Knicks.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: I've never I don't really hate teams unless they're losers, which the Knicks aren't. They're very well coached, they play hard every single night. I don't hate teams kind of that. I haven't really played in the playoff series because that's kind of where hate is built. Like regular season, eh, you get into something maybe, but like hate is usually built during the playoffs, and quite frankly, I've never played against the Knicks in the playoff series for reasons that we know, like reasons that we can easily pinpoint on why I haven't played the Knicks in a series. Now, how many nbas have NBA Finals?
Speaker 2: Have I played in? Two?
Speaker 1: I mean six? Let me see, I won four? What is it six NBA finals? All right, so six NBA finals in twelve years, I've never played the Knicks. So it's good reason why I never played the Knicks. However, I'm not a Knicks hater. I'm just honest. I think a lot of the Knicks fans are delusional and a lot of the Knicks fans are like Knicks fans are nuts.
Speaker 2: We know Knicks fans are nuts. Like, I don't need to go into that. I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I know they need something to rally around, and that's cool, like rally around and Draymond Green Show. By the way, all you Knicks fans, make sure you subscribe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't hate the Knicks.
Speaker 1: However, I am honest and I'm not delusional and a ball dominant jaylen Brun said, ain't gonna get you to the Promised Land. I said, I didn't say you weren't gonna ruin first round series. I didn't even say you weren't gonna ruin the second round series, because if I'm honest, I think you guys should.
Speaker 2: Easily win the second round series. So I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I said you can't get to the Promised Land, and quite frankly, if I'm honest, I still don't think you can.
Speaker 2: However, Jaylen Bronson, as I told you, I already had.
Speaker 1: Respect from me. He's earning more and more. Earn him more and more respect. Guys getting done every single night, had a couple of bad games.
Speaker 2: Bounce back.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to see when you're an up and coming guy and you're taking that next step in your career and you get into these playoffs, I want to see how you bounce back from a bad game. You know why, because a lot of young, up and coming guys have a bad game in the playoffs and guess what the next game look like worse, And guess what the next game look like worse, And then they go into the tank and then y'all going to the summer talking about the regular season that they had when they fucking sucked during the playoffs, and I go into summer like he just stunk it up during the playoffs, Like I don't want to hear this guy's this, this guy's that because he had a good regular season. I just watched him when it mattered the most, stink it up, stunk it up, and jaylen Brunson had two very forgettable games. Somehow they won both, and that's where Philly lost the series. When jaylen bruns had those two forgettable games, they did not capitalize had one of them one actually blew it.
Speaker 2: That's where the series was lost.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the way jaylen Brunson bounced back from those two games says a lot to me, Like those are the things that when I'm looking, when I'm evaluating these guys, when y'all talking about who's next to this, who's the next a those are the things that I want to see, Like how you bouncing back in the playoffs from these bad games, like we saw Julius Randall a couple of years ago have a bad game and keep having bad games. How you bounce back when you have a bad game in these playoffs matters And jaylen Brunson did that at a level that not many people has done before. He came out of those bad games with forty forty forty eleven assist twelve assists. Although a bit ball dominant, he bounced back and you gotta give it to him. He's stepping up to the challenge each and every night. So definitely got some respect for me, earn more respect for me.
Speaker 2: Love watching it.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, I think you know when when well, before we go into what I think about the next series, let's just close this series out be that we just saw this year kind of the growth of a new duo Tyres MAXI taking that next step.
Speaker 2: Joe l Embiid.
Speaker 1: And quite frankly, I think it's going to get interesting for the Philadelphia seventy six ers. I think they've done a good job with their caps situation of standing under the caps, they're not really hampered by that. But you've kind of been going at this now for like five or six years, thinking that you got chance to get over the hump, and quite frankly, haven't made it anywhere.
Speaker 2: So what is next?
Speaker 1: You know, Max, he's in line for a well deserved Max contract, well deserved you look at the guys they got Max contracts, MAXI don't can't not deserve one. You got Joel who's making a boatload of money.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Tobias Harris a free agent, but he heal the free agent. So they got flexibility to go get better. They haven't quite, frankly, nailed that though. They've had that same flexibility for the most part, and they haven't quite nailed to getting better. Over the last four or five years, it's kind of been the same. How long do you stay right here? You come in talking about contending every year, but you stay right here. I think it's going to get very interesting for what happens in Philly. You kind of gotta look at everything because you're just staying right here unless the goal to be right there, which if Philly was here, there's no way Knicks fans take over Wells Fargo. You know why, because Philly fans are crazy too. I don't know if y'all ever had like dealers with Philly fans. They are nuts. So there's that don't happen. This ain't This wasn't like Brooklyn. You know what I'm saying. New York Knicks could go to brook Of course you're gonna take you a lot of fan base. Philly got a fan base, a crazy fan base, so for them to take over their arena like that, clearly those fans don't believe you got a team that can compete. So it's gonna get interesting for Philly. See where they go from here. I got some ideas, but I don't really care to see them get better because I'm trying to win the championship next year, so they better figure it out. But moving on, we got the Knicks and Pacers in round two. Me personally, I got the New York Knicks winning that series. Way more physical, they can keep up. The Knicks can definitely play that pace, get up and down, but they're going to defend more. Transition defense will be something TIBs nail over the next few days to make sure those guys getting back in transition, as that is the most important number one key versus out the Indiana Pacers getting back in transition, getting your half court defense set, making those guys set, making those guys score against a half court defense. On the flip side, your offense will be very important because you don't want shot turnovers. You don't want to turn the ball over, and the New York Knicks has a very good half court defense, and if they can get Indiana and the half court, now they can be physical. Knicks is a very physical team, Indiana not so much. So now they can be physical, you know. So, I personally think the New York Knicks have a slight advantage in this series. I think they got the young guys that can keep up with with Holley pushing the ball. I think they got guards that different guys that they can throw at them. You can throw size with og Andinobi at Holle. You can throw Dante DiVincenzo a pests at Halle. You can throw Miles McBride a pest and you can kind of wear him down. And when you get into these playoffs series, for me personally, I think that that is one of the biggest things when you're talking about winning the series and winning the championship is having multiple guys you can throw out a team's best player because you just want to wear them down. We already know Holly's been struggling with the hamstring stuff and all the different things, so you just want to wear them down. And the Knicks they gonna grind you out. Like that series. Man, that series was anxiety and as hell to watch. They just gonna grind you out. They're gonna keep going and keep going and keep going.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: With them having multiple guys they can throw at Halle, I think I think that bowls well for.
Speaker 2: The New York Knicks.
Speaker 1: Not quite sure who Indiana throws that Jalen though, maybe Nie Smith. Probably Aaron Neith Smith, although he's not big enough, like I don't think he has enough size for Jalen. Jalen want to get in the mid range. He want to use shoulders, he want to use floaters. I think you need lane. So I don't think Aaron Niemith have enough length. I don't think nim Hart is big enough. You're not speeding Jalen Brunston up. He just gonna get you on his hip and so I don't think nim Hard is big enough, which kind of leads you with Pascal. Pascal can take the bump, Pascal can move his feet. Does he want to take on that challenge?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Series, I think at some point Pascal Siaka will have to take on the challenge of guarding Jalen Brunson if they want to have a chance of winning this series.
Speaker 2: He has the length to affect his shots.
Speaker 1: Even if he get behind on the screen, if he's in front of him, he can take the bump.
Speaker 2: He's a four.
Speaker 1: He can take the bump still get good contests and not have to jump, not have to give. Also, he's a four, he know how to not give guys angles. In the post, Jalen is looking the step Step got crazy footwork, So I think that's gonna be something that they have to look into, which brings me to my next point, which is the X factor for the series.
Speaker 2: I think the X factor for the series.
Speaker 1: I think Indiana has two possible X factors, one being Obi Topping playing against his old team, playing against New York Knicks from New York City. What you're gonna do, Obie? He was a couple of these games against the Bucks. Obi Topping was what helped push them over the top at twenty some last night, So.
Speaker 2: Obi Topping is one.
Speaker 1: I also think Miles Turner, Miles Turner has to dominate his matchup. Miles Turner has to be the same dominant Miles Turner that we just saw in this last series. He gotta dominate Hartenstein, he gotta dominate Mitchell Robinson.
Speaker 2: He's athletically can compete with both.
Speaker 1: Its physical enough to compete with both, although Hardenstein is a little more physical. But I personally think that Miles Turner and Miles Turner is an X factor. Obie top is an X factor. Pascal can be an X factor. If Pascal don't play well as simple, they don't win both sides of the court. They're gonna need Pascal in this series, and if he don't play well, they have no.
Speaker 2: Chance a win it. I mean absolutely no chance.
Speaker 1: So those are my X factors. That's kind of how I see this series. Oh by the way, I got the Knicks winning this series in five six, Matt, that's my take on that series. That's how I see it going down. That is a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. Appreciate your questions, Thank you for everything continuing to tune in. Thank you for those of you that tuned in on the Bleacher Report app caught this live this morning, and for our Lawyer subscribers who couldn't catch this live. I appreciate you all going to check it out. Make sure you all subscribe to our YouTube channel that is YouTube dot com, slash at Draymondgreen Show until the rap until next time. That is a rap from this episode of The Draymondgreen Show.
Speaker 2: Peace