Speaker 1: All right, thanks Scott shot An hour two Sean Hannity Show, eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of this program, this extravaganza, you know, I will tell you one of the saddest things that you get to see in life is addiction. I learned a lot about addiction when I was seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: I was working at a bar when I was twelve. I've told the.
Speaker 1: Story a million times that, like I know some of you are saying, and don't tell it again. Linda is the rolling her eyes right now. I was a dishwasher every Friday, Saturday, Sunday night till two am in the morning. At thirteen, I was a cook. Later I became a bus boy waiter. Seventeen I was a bartender, and I learned a lot about addiction. You know, in the case of alcohol addiction and alcoholism, it's so weird because every individual, like your own DNA and your own fingerprint, has their number.
Speaker 2: What is the number?
Speaker 1: Well, for some people, if they have one drink, it's too much for them. Some people can't drink, they don't metabolize it. It alters their personality immediately and they it just brings the absolute worst out of them. For some people, they have one drink and they like acting like woo, that's kind of like Linda.
Speaker 2: Is that you Linda? Which one of you? Some people that have not a grinchy drinker, that is fake news.
Speaker 3: I do not go.
Speaker 1: Two or three but once for example. And this is I'm using stereotypes which I don't like to use. But there is something I observed that for example, men when they drink too much either get into I love you, bro, I love you my best friend, or they want to fight somebody and they want to flirt with anybody at the bar, even if a woman's with her married husband. It's insane. Women tend to become a little more flirtatious. But I've seen women fighting each other too, So there is some commonality there. Now we're not even talking about. As bad as that is, and that's bad, there are all these other addictions on top of it, and you know it's and then you look at countries that are targeting.
Speaker 2: Our youth with all of these these drugs.
Speaker 1: You know feanyl, You know three grains of sault can kill a this fentanyl, but the size of three grains assault can kill a two hundred and fifty pounds man.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Well, you look at opioid addiction, heroin addiction, you know, then you have prescription drug addiction, which is just out of control.
Speaker 2: We are an over prescribed society. Period. End of sentence is no other way to put it, you know.
Speaker 1: Robert Kennedy Junior discussed the Trump administration fight to end homelessness in drug addiction. He himself went through years of this. I had a long talk with him, a personal talk. I wouldn't disclose the contents of it. And when you're in the throes of addiction, it is almost for the person impossible to get out of it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to explain, but here's what he said.
Speaker 4: President Trump made this mission a national priority through the Great American Recovery. His leadership has made it possible for us to break down silos across the federal government, demand accountability for results, and put recovery at the center of our response to addiction and homelessness. We are directing federal resources towards programs that deliver lasting results, not programs that perpetuate cycles of deedtalks, relapse, and re entry into care. And we're already seeing progress. In fact, new provisional data that was released today show that overdose tests have dropped I'm within twelve percent over the last twelve months. That means nearly ten thousand more Americans alive today would otherwise not be alive. Those numbers underscore what as and Trump has made clear. When we put recovery first and demand results, we.
Speaker 2: Save lives all right.
Speaker 1: Joining us now is the director of the White House Office of National Drug Policy, a longtime front of this program, often referred to by the way as the Drugs Are Now. Sarah Carter is with us, and she has done so much work for this program and for Hannity the TV show in terms of going down to the border dealing with the illegal immigration and the drug smugglers and the cartels. And she's seen it up close and personal. I had the same experience when I used to go down on the border twelve, fourteen, fifteen times, been in a drug warehouse, the you know, Florida ceiling, the biggest warehouse you've ever seen, with a stench you can't take. And you know this is all drugs confiscated, you know, not counting all the drugs that get through and the unbelievable ways that people smuggle drugs into this country. We're poisoning our children and it's just terrible. Well, anyway, Sarah Carter, we miss you. I'm glad you're the drugs are. I can't think of a better person for this job. Tell us how it's going.
Speaker 3: It's been going great, Sean. I'm here in San Diego. I was with Secretary Kennedy here as well as Secretary Scott Turner where our office, the Office of National Drug Control Policy often yes referred to as the Drugs are re released our Best Practices Toolkit. What it is is a treatment first way of handling homelessness and drug addiction in the United States. It's not about housing first. Secretary Turner Secretary Kennedy have been very clear. We are done with waste, fraud, and abuse, and what we want at on DCP, what we want is for people to live. Every human being counts. We're not going to lock them up in some motel give them housing without treatment. We want them to have treatment first, and we want rules that protect children as well. You know, I'm here in San Diego and I was speaking to folks out here and I went around this beautiful city, absolutely stunning city. And then one area of the city you can just see the addiction these old methods of farm reduction, where people are in the streets and they've got needles in their arms and they're you know, smoking cracks, they're using mess they are shooting up Heroin with sentinel and the horrors of seeing that and then realizing that amongst those people that are on the streets the adults are children as well. So we need to you know, this needs to be all inclusive. We need to protect our children. Secretary Kennedy and I and a Secretary Turner have now a road nap, a roadmap and guidelines that are going to go across the United States, rescue missions across our country, and treatment center whether they're faith based or non faith based. But we're bringing faith into the equation. We are reaching out to our faith based communities as well and saying here, this is a way to address homelessness and addiction through treatment. First, let's do it. I just returned from Columbia. I got to tell you President Trump has been absolutely amazing his policies and this administration. Our friendships, our connections and what we're doing. We were in Columbia for the inauguration. I was with Attorney General Blanche as well as the head of DEA Administrator, Terry Cole, and we were there watching this great moment a shift in geopolitically in our hemisphere where we now have the Tiger lt Ray President de La s Brea in office, and he's going to be working very closely with us in eradicating COCA and going after the cartels. I leave today for our Tina where we will be holding the International Drug Enforcement Conference with nations from all over the Western hem in Argentina in Buenos Aires to discuss the best way to go after the cartels and after adversaries that are poisoning and targeting our children.
Speaker 5: This is non stop.
Speaker 3: President Trump has given us a mission, and we are working to save lives in the United States and stop the bad guys from bringing the bad stuff in. And to know that in some cases, federal tax dollars actually went these harms, so called harm reduction programs where you know, they're passing out you know, foil, so that they can utilize that for their drug paraphernalia where they're allowing people to shoot up and they give them housing, but there's no treatment. There's no treatment, there's no help, there's no you know, there's no guidance to recovery or living a better life. But instead there are kept in like the shackles of their addiction and inside these horrific you know, motels and decrepit buildings where where these are lost and forgotten souls and right now on the streets. You're absolutely right, these hot shots or we have at least at ONDCP now with our wastewater testing and working as a whole of government with the CDC. For the first time, because of the testing that we are doing on wastewater, we were able to see metatomidine, which is known as rhinoceros tranquilizer out on the streets. I mean, think about this. It's one hundred just three hundred times more potent than xylazine and it was out on the streets and it was killing our citizens. And we need to change in culture, a change in the way we think about ourselves and the way we treat drug use and drug addiction. And we need to tell our kids you are wor more than this. You can have anything in your life, just do not be shackled down by you know, experimentation and drugs. This isn't a right of passage. This can actually kill you. And we have enemies of our state that are out there and that are targeting our country and that are targeting our citizens. I always call this, you know, and I've said it before, Sean, this is irregular warfare against us. When you think about the type of sense and know the type of precursors that have been you know, just basically smuggled into our country, and how they have affected our nation, is it is very real. I think now it's the time that we wake up and together as a nation, we fight back on multiple levels, both inside the United States and outside the United States. And that's what President Trump has allowed us to do. And I mean, I feel grateful to be with people that are so much that they are willing to do everything to save lives and to save future generations of Americans. And that's what we're doing with this treatment first approach. It doesn't mean we don't want to get people.
Speaker 1: Housing right quick break right back more with Sarah Carter, our drugs are the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. On the other side, we'll also get your calls in Bruce Blakeman, new York gubernatorial candidate, will join us. The President is going to New York in Nasau County tomorrow. Anyway, there's one poll that shows at a four point race. Also, what the hell happened in Wisconsin? Even Frank Lunz said, you know, the polling that's taken place is so disgusting it should end. It is hurting our electoral process. We'll get Scott Walker's take on that coming up as well as we continue in your calls eight hundred and nine four.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Our final love months with nation's drugs are the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, Sarah Carter are old friend is with us. Let me ask you, though, Sarah, what about the recidivism rate? I know people that have been in and out of rehab, you know, ten times before either they get off it or die. Because that's basically that that's your choice. You either give up your addiction or the odds are high that you're going to die from some drug related complication, overdose, whatever it happens to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean, You're absolutely right, and that's the tragedy. Right, That's why primary prevention has to be number one we have to reach our children. We have to reach them, as a doctor Levi in our office always says, before they jumped in the river, before they put their toes in the river, before they start experimenting with these drugs, because nothing good comes from it. You gave a great analogy, you know, with alcoholism, which is very deadly for some people, destroy families, destroys life. You know, when you have those receptors, when you become addicted and you're unable to unleash yourself from those shackles, it becomes very very difficult. It's a long process. Sometimes it takes multiple times to you know, sometimes at fort five, six, seven, eight, eight times going into rehabby before people let it go. And if they don't let it go, you know, the choices are very very narrow, and a lot of times it ends in depth, and that's the tragedy. So we want to get the word out. We want to be there. This is why, you know, it's generational as well. We want to get families off of our streets. We want to protect children. We are a nation that is both tough but it's tearing, and we are doing this so that we can actually save lives. We talk about housing first in the past. You know that didn't work. The recidivism rate was through the roof. And a lot of addicts who have recovered have said to us, and these are personal testimonies, that they couldn't even coming to California. You know that they would get keys to an apartment, to a motel room where they actually you know, they didn't have to pay for it. They could go in and then they could just use drugs and a lot of the people that were using with them would die. But there was no follow through, there was no oversight. It was like wasted taxpayer dollars leading to the deaths of Americans. That is not going to happen anymore in the United States, not if we have anything to.
Speaker 6: Say about it.
Speaker 3: We're making sure that we get the roadmap to do things the right way. As Secretary Turner said, we're pulling the money so that the fraud stopped.
Speaker 1: Sarah, you were made for this job. Our drugs are She's the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Keep up the great work, Sarah. I'd like to save lives. I put a high price on human life, and you do too. Keep it up. We appreciate it. Update us off in eight hundred. I happen to like our my county executive. You know, I left New York now years ago, and I got a list from lawyers and accountants. Do you realize there are now entire industries that have been built up around how to successfully leave blue states where they can't put their tentacles into you because there are more, for example, New York State eight tax agents in my free state of Florida than there are in New York. I mean, and when so I hired accountants, and I hired a law firm, and they came up with a list. There's nearly one hundred items of things I had to do to completely cut myself off from New York, including don't go there ever pretty much. And you know, I went once or twice to visit family. I tend to I'd rather pay their plane ticket, they rather come to Florida anyway.
Speaker 2: Number one. And then the all the things you.
Speaker 1: Have to do to establish domicile residency in the Free State of Florida.
Speaker 2: And there's a ton of stuff.
Speaker 1: But one of the things they made you do is like, well, if you keep your house, they'll they'll try and argue.
Speaker 2: That that is really where your heart is.
Speaker 1: You know, everyone believes this stupidity of six months in a days. That's not how those people work. And I know I've talked to too many people. They put them through hell and it's just unbelievable and it just you know, they push people out, then people leave. I mean they basically Kathy Hokel, I want to just remind you what she said and then what Andrew CMO said. You know, Kathy Hokel said to President Trump and Lee z Eldon, get the hell out of town.
Speaker 2: Go down to Florida where you belong. Here's what she said.
Speaker 7: And we're here to say that the era of Trump and Zelden and mon Arro, just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong.
Speaker 2: Okay, get out of town. Get out of town.
Speaker 6: Their problem is not me and the Democrats.
Speaker 5: Their problem is themselves. Who are they are they? These extreme conservatives who are right to life, a pro assault weapon, anti gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are, and if they are the extreme conservatives, they have no place in.
Speaker 7: The state of New York.
Speaker 5: So this was that's not who New Yorkers are.
Speaker 2: I did, like my county executive.
Speaker 1: He's now running for governor, Bruce Blakeman now Kathy Hochel. Also this week, you know, tried to use the Statue of liberty and her argument to protect the illegal immigrants and then sign one of the most comprehensive laws to reign in ICE in the entire country.
Speaker 2: Let me play both of those for you.
Speaker 8: The Statue of Liberty stands tall in our harbor for generations. She's had a simple message, bring me or tired, you're poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free. And despite the utter lack of humanity and compassion coming out of Washington, that method still means something here in New York. It means that in this state we treat all people with dignity and decency, regardless of how they got here. And that's one of the reasons I'm proudly signed one of the most comprehensive laws to rein in ICE in the entire country. It prohibits law enforcement agencies from having formal agreements with ICE. That means, unless a crime has been committed, ICE cannot use local cops, their jails, their technology to use local cops for civil immigration enforcement.
Speaker 2: All right, joining us. Now.
Speaker 1: He was a great county executive, and I had to sell my house, you know, on which I happen to like it. I would have kept it, maybe as a vacation at home if I could afford it. I don't know would I didn't have a choice. The lawyer's accountant said, don't do it anyway. Bruce Blakeman is with us. He's a great job as county executive, and the people love him in Nassau County. By the way, if you look out a map of New York, it's all red, except you got these five little burrows that are you know, densely populated areas, including Zorn Marxist, Kami, Mamdannie's New York City, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Bruce, good to talk to you, my friend. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, Sean, and we miss you very much.
Speaker 2: You know, you're very kind. You know. It's funny.
Speaker 1: I had Comrade de Blasio on my podcast and I said, you didn't really mean it when you said you wish I didn't leave. He said, I actually did. Chuck Schumer said the same thing to me. I'm like, well, you chase me out. Two governors of a ROAs saying they don't want me to live there.
Speaker 5: Well, Sean, when high net worth individuals leave our state, it hurts the carpenters, the electricians, the plumbers, the waiter, the waitress, the bartender, and by New York frowning on you coming back to New York is so stupid because if you stayed in your second home, you would be creating economic opportunity. You'd be creating jobs. If you came in to visit to go to a hotel, you'd be patronizing a hotel restaurants. People in the Democratic Party, especially the DSA, which as you said, there are a bunch of commies and they're anti American. They don't understand that it's economic activity that makes it more affordable for people because it puts more money in their pocket to make choices on how they want to spend their money, rather than Kathy Hoakland Zo Ron Mundami.
Speaker 2: You know, I still stay in touch.
Speaker 1: I used to go to, you know, restaurants on a regular basis, Christ and Tony's and zioset a Rothman steakhouse.
Speaker 2: I used to go there.
Speaker 1: I'm still in touch with the people that own it and the people that wait tables there. They all became friends of mine, and they're like, you know, they seem more more of this that people, regular customers are leaving and it upsets them and it hurts their way of life.
Speaker 2: The people you know that I would that worked for me.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, whether landscapers or whatever happened to me. I stay in touch with them all. I mean, it's just in that sense, it's sad. Now I do like Florida better. I'm not gonna lie because I like being around the water, but I was on the water there. It's just, you know, they're doing everything possible. Look what what Mamdani did to Ken Griffin. What was your thoughts on that? And now he's doxing everybody that owns a home that he claimed even though he's wrong half the time, I judge stopped it.
Speaker 2: Uh that it's not their full time residence.
Speaker 5: Well, not only does it kill jobs and not only is it bad for the economy, but what Ziah and Mandani has been doing is anti American. This guy does not believe in American values. This is a guy who believes in collectivism, which is another word for communism. This is a guy that on life force didn't have one good thing to say about America on the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the greatest nation in the world that's created more prosperity for people and more freedom for people than any other form of government. This is a guy that's an anti Semite, he's anti Christian, and he's anti American.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm very fond of lee Zelden, and lee Zelden in the.
Speaker 2: Last election.
Speaker 1: Outperformed all of my expectations because of mass migration. I really do believe what I said is true. I think you are the last great, final hope for New York State?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: I wake up every morning with that burden on my shoulders, and I know that I'm running for the right reasons to save our state. We're in a death spiral now. Sean the highest tax state in America, where fiftieth in economic outlook are Electric bills are seventy percent higher than the national average. People are suffering in the state. They're miserable. Under Kathy Hockel, she spent eight billion dollars of our tax money on illegal migrants who weren't New Yorkers. They're not Americans. They didn't earn a thing they get more than New Yorkers get. It's absolutely insane. And each and every day I have a Democrat that comes up to me and says, I'm a lifelong Democrat. I've never voted Republican before in my life. I'm voting for you, and I'm voting Republican this year because our party is crazy. This is not the party of Mario Clomo. This is not the party if you carry. This is not the party of Daniel Patrick moynihan. It's not even the party of Bill Clinton. Because you know what the difference is, Sean. When we may have had political differences with people in the Democratic Party, you and I, we know all along that they loved America. That we had differences, but they loved America. This DSA Kathy hochels Zara Mandami, they hate America. And that's the most troubling thing. And I'm running for our kids and our grandkids to save our stay and pull it out of that death spiral that Kathy Hoko has us in so that we can create prosperity, cut taxes, cut electric bills, give people more freedom, and have safer communities. Because they don't even respect our law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to follow this race closely. All our prayers are with you, and I mean that sincerely. I have a lot of friends in New York and I know you'd crush it. I know you'd do a great job, and I'm really really pulling for you in this campaign. Bruce Blakeman, New York gubernatorial candidate. We really appreciate what you're doing. Keep working hard. Oh, and you have President Trump coming tomorrow right.
Speaker 5: President Trump's coming tomorrow. He's going to visit all of our law enforcement facilities, which are some of the best in the world, and we're just honored to have him there. He's coming to pay his respect to all the men and women of law enforcement and volunteer firefighters and first responders. So we're really proud of that. And I know he's your good body, and we will certainly pass on your good greetings. And Sean, we love what you're doing. We love you. We miss you. When I'm governor, you'll come back here. Nobody will harass you. Make God bless you, and make God bless America.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you, Bruce Blakeman. I please, if you're a New York savior, state, Bruce will transform New York in ways you can't imagine. All right, let's get to a couple of calls. Cheryl is in Tennessee. Hello, Cheryl, how are you.
Speaker 6: Hi, Sean, I'm great. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Glad you called.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you took my call. I just wanted to come back to something you were talking about yesterday, about touching a lifeless body and why people would.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, is this what you want to talk about? Because Linda touches dead bodies like at a wake. You don't think that's weird.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: And the reason I'm calling is to give you some insights, so maybe you could understand why some people do. My husband was taken for me suddenly and unexpectedly, and the opportunity to speak to him was taken in a moment. And I would have called up in his casket and laid with him as long as they allowed me to, if I could have, because I knew as soon as they closed it, I would never see him again this side of heaven. I have no problem touching my loved one, even though I know his spirit isn't there. But that's the last representation physically of a man I spent thirty years with and absolutely I would touch him. I caressed him, I kissed him, and I held his hand. I don't have that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you're making me feel terrible now that I said a lot. What you're describing is a deep, abiding love the couples I wish every couple had. And okay, I'm making an exce option for you. I understand. I'm so sorry for your loss. By the way, but Linda like touches every dead body. It's it doesn't have to be the husband that she just adored. But you're giving me a different perspective in your case. I don't have a problem with it. In Linda's case, I have a ton of problems with it.
Speaker 6: You may touch Angeli even though she's not there. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm not. No, well, I I don't.
Speaker 1: I you're making me open my mind and rethink it. But honestly, I want I want to be remembered as I am. I don't want to be remembered in a coughin and people staring at me. But Cheryl, God bless you, I'm sorry about your loss. Your husband sounds like a one wonderful man, and you sound like you had a beautiful, beautiful marriage.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for you.