Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Forty five year old Mohammed Sambri Solomon now facing sixteen charges of attempted murder as well as federal hate crime charges. Authority say the suspect dressed as a gardener to avoid looking suspicious Sunday when he yelled Free Palestine and tossed two Molotov cocktails into a crowd. Authority saying the suspect allegedly learned how to make them on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, there's not a lot to make in a Molotov cocktail.
Speaker 2: You can learn it pretty quickly on YouTube.
Speaker 4: That's one of the good or bad things about Molotov cocktails, depending on.
Speaker 2: You look at it.
Speaker 4: Talking about the terrorist crazy person in Boulder Colarade trying to set a bunch of people on fire, nobody is dead yet, luckily, but a whole bunch of people with some really bad burns.
Speaker 2: Let's go on with a little more information about this dude.
Speaker 5: What I came to see was an erratic man, which was the attacker pacing back and forth with the two Molotov cocktails in his hands. The attacker was yelling things like U fing Zionists, kill my people. I kill you in puty, different people, saying you're a killer, You're a killer, making eye contact with me, telling me that I was a killer and he'll kill us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he seems pretty crazy. But yes, Katie, no, how is that not terrorism? Well, yeah, that's a good point. Only in Boulder, Colorado, which is like Berkeley or Davis or yeah, you know Nate, Columbia, name your big college town. Boulder is like that. I mean, the FBI immediately was onto it being terrorism. So was the governor who's a Democrat. So was the state attorney general who's a democrat. Called a terrorists right off the bat, because the guy made it clear what he was doing. He was attacking people for political reasons to try to affect a political outcome, which is a definition of terrorism. Here's John Miller, former FBI on CNN yesterday.
Speaker 6: The idea that he planned this for all this time, knowing he's got a wife, five children at home, and that he intended to stay and get caught. That's a remarkable shift from what we've seen where people spontaneously do these things by throwing it together in a week or planning to die at the scene or flee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is interesting.
Speaker 4: So both this guy yelling free Palestine and the dude two weeks ago who killed that young couple that was going to get married in cold blood, they both were perfectly happy to be arrested. Both you know, voluntarily laid down on the ground to get cuffed, both of them. So that was part of their plan, not to go out and hail the bullets or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they feel like they're going to be martyrs in jail or what that is. And by the way, the guy yesterday in the courtroom said, yeah, I did it. I did it to kill Jews and I will do it again if.
Speaker 2: You let me out.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's not hiding it, and I'm sure his lawyer was like, hey, he shut up, but he's not hiding it at all.
Speaker 7: God, the amount of hate you harbor to have five kids at home and just say, f it, this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Well, according to the story, he went to try to buy guns. He got turned down because he's an illegal. Now we don't have a system in place. Apparently, where the one federal database that find that tells the gun owner or the gun shop this guy's illegal, so she can't sell him a gun doesn't meet up with the other database that says we got an illegal here trying to buy a gun, and you put him together and you arrest the guy or kick him out, or.
Speaker 7: You're getting a little ahead of yourself. It's only twenty twenty five, jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he tries to my gun, He can't do that, so it goes on line learns how to make Molotov cocktails. He had had five kids. He waited till the last one got out of high school. That's what he was waiting for. He'd been waiting for the last year and a half planning this thing. Wanted to make sure his last kid got out of high school. And then he goes and commits SUSCRIB and he'll be in prison for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of his life.
Speaker 7: What kind of mental damage is that going to do to his daughter that just graduated that he was waiting for.
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't care about that obviously. So now we got Tom Holman, who is our borders are wondering how many people like this have we led into the country.
Speaker 8: They created the biggest national security vulnerability this country's ever seen. Now only the two mayn known got aways. Two million people across the border. We don't know who they are, where they came from, We don't know where they are now. On top of that, even through the legal process, the Biden administration were bringing people unvetted, hand him out, handing out work for the selector candy while they sat here and planned something bad. We are going to be dealing with this for the next ten years because of the chaos they created. In four years, two million people paid more to get away. They didn't want to be vetted. They didn't want to be fingerprinted. Why there scares the hell out of me. I've been doing this for forty years. They should have scared the hell out of every American. What the Bider administration did. There's two men known godaways. Scares the hell out of me. So I'm convinced something's coming unless we can find them.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just math.
Speaker 4: You don't need a very high percentage of two million who came into this country when the border was basically wide open. Who want to do US harm to have thousands of people in this country that came here specifically to do harm of one kind of another, whether it's Chinese spies or Islamo fascists of one breed or another, or or part of the various cartels down in Mexico or whatever it is. Like I said, you don't need a very big percentage of two million to get two thousands. And that's what Holman said. He keeps him up at night where is the hell out of him? More than anything in forty years. And this guy was in an Egyptian that came in here and overstate his visa like three hundred and thirteen thousand other.
Speaker 2: People did in the year twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: That's how many people overstayed their visas and got to just hang out.
Speaker 2: And again quite a few the vast majority, like practically all.
Speaker 4: Of them, I'm sure, meaning no harm to the United States other than perhaps living off the taxpayer, But doesn't take very many. When you got the numbers, that big, horrifying situation. And right what you said, Katie, the amount the hate that you would have to have, yeah, to one be willing to spend the rest of your life in jail, leave your family behind and everything like that. How about the guy in DC who that woman he shot the guy and the woman.
Speaker 2: Soon to be fiance.
Speaker 4: The male is dead, the soon to be bride crawling away for her life, and he walks up behind her and executes her there on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: How would you create in your.
Speaker 4: Mind such a hatred where you discount that person's life so much that you could do that. Most people couldn't shoot a dog, let alone a human being in a situation like that. Well, and that's what.
Speaker 7: Makes these universities even scarier, I think, because it's like being bred into these people.
Speaker 2: And that's the big question is how much.
Speaker 4: Of the zeitgeist, the the you know, the feeling in the air of it's okay to say things like free Palestine from the River to the sea, which is basically saying Jews need to go or die. You know, how much is that does have an effect on the radicals or the crazies. I hope we don't find out, But there have been two deadly occurrences in the last two weeks of free Palestine. In the last two months three if you include the guy who tried to burn down Governor Shapiro's mansion with his whole family in it, and luckily nobody was hurt. But that was a free Palestine guy too. This story's not over by a long shot, no doubt about that. We got a lot more on the way. I want to get to a couple of different topics, including do I want to get to this without Joe here this whole? Is there a crisis of men being able to make friends? Maybe I'll bring that up briefly and we'll get into it Morgan tomorrow, among other things on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here, arm.
Speaker 4: Strong, and yetty.
Speaker 9: I never wish your child was a full blown liberal idiot desperate to turn them into a Jew hating extremist who'd rather burn a flag than think for themselves. Well, Harvard University has the answer for the low, low price of half a million dollars will transform your kid into the kind of zealot who sets bags of shit on fire in the street screaming about whatever CNN's whining about today. Our elite program guarantees they'll swap reason for rage and facts for feelings faster than you can say protest permit.
Speaker 2: But wait, there's more.
Speaker 9: Our tuition doesn't cover the essentials. Blue hair dye, nose piercings, and a weak clascid body are sold separately, and don't forget parents. You'll be footing the bill for these, plus financially supporting your adult child for the rest of their life because they'll never become productive members of society.
Speaker 2: Why work when you can protest.
Speaker 4: Results not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Side effects include chronic virtue signaling, allergic reactions to logic, and an obsession with trending hashtags. Harvard University is not liable for arrests, property damage, or your kid's newfound hatred of you. Consult your bank account before enrolling.
Speaker 2: Weak flaccid bodies sold separately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know someone, well, actually I know several people, but one very well who's child came back from college lecturing them about their attitudes.
Speaker 2: Which, yay, sure, glad I've paid for that.
Speaker 10: Woo.
Speaker 4: Could have got a new car and you wouldn't be hating me right now, But instead, I'm driving my old car so I can pay for you to go to that college and come back and lecture me.
Speaker 9: Woo.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get deep into this story right now because I think I want to save it for when Joe is here. He had to cut out early today in the New York Times. I've heard this come up a number of times recently. I don't know that I would have noticed it unless somebody pointed it out, that it's difficult for adult males to make friends in the modern era.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this has always been true.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if it's like I said, I wouldn't have noticed if it's somebody had point not. Do you since that with your husband, Katie? No, First of all, I think i'd have to define what's a friend. Define friend for me somebody, Michael, what's a friend? I'd say, somebody that you talked to on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Maybe somebody that you well.
Speaker 2: Define friends for me.
Speaker 4: Katie, I would say, Michael's on the right track.
Speaker 7: Somebody you talk to on a regular basis and that you have some form of trust and respect for.
Speaker 4: I don't have a single other male that I talked to on a regular basis in my life. If that's the basis, many people that I respect. But is that a crisis? I talked to both my kids. They're males. You talk to antson michaelangeloin work.
Speaker 2: Doesn't count, does it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it does. Absolutely, I think he counts. Oh, that's a sad excuse for friends if you're counting your work friends.
Speaker 7: Hey, I met my husband at work, so I'm all. I think great relationships start at work because you already share.
Speaker 4: Something in common. Does a HR know this? I don't care at this point, I suppose you're in the clear cares. I don't know. I have to go to bring this up when when Joe's here tomorrow is see if he thinks that's true that there's some sort of crisis with adult males making friends. Yes, Michael, No, I've met my wife at work, so we Wow. Both Katie and I are in trouble. Do you not take the company HR tutorials? You're not supposed to ask people loud or it taught us how to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, hooking up with coworkers not cool for the One More Thing podcast we do later today. This is a tease, And if you don't listen to the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: You should. Katie, who's a workout fiend.
Speaker 4: You go to the gym all the time, partially driven there by health problems, right, But that keeps you motivated. A health problem will keep a person motivated at the gym, which is Yeah, got some stuff about how long you should be able to be able to do a plank at different ages. Oh, and then I have some other questions about a couple other things. So were we going to have a plank off?
Speaker 2: We'll get into it. Well, that's a big question. And I also have a question.
Speaker 4: About exercises for the gluteus maximus because I've been working on my ass and I'm not having any luck so much thrusting. So on a more serious note, I think I don't know. I actually I haven't heard this. So you know, the people that escaped from prison down there in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: They've now arrested what a dozen people something like that that that helped in some way and them escaping from that prison.
Speaker 4: Originally it was just the one janitor, but now it's like a dozen or more that were involved in helping these people let get get get out for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: So that's a problem with your prison.
Speaker 4: Try to hire people that are on the side of the state or the county and not on the side of the prisoner.
Speaker 2: AnyWho.
Speaker 4: One of the dudes that got out and then they caught. Have they caught them all now or is there still somebody.
Speaker 2: On the lose.
Speaker 4: There's one still, think there's one lesson. But one of the guys they caught did a video appealing to Donald Trump. And I haven't heard this yet. Can you play that for me, Michael, clip number ten. I'm sorry, it's clip number eleven?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Eleven? I didn't.
Speaker 9: I was let out.
Speaker 11: My name was a mess. So please for help, young boy. Meat meals people of LDL. And I'm saying people that been through the system that Lewis come up, Lil Wayne, I don't please.
Speaker 2: I'm asking for help.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: When I get back and could see I'm asking y'all keeps to come help.
Speaker 4: You don't say I'm asking the world.
Speaker 1: Tell let y'all know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a raper man.
Speaker 1: I'm not none of that, none of that.
Speaker 11: I'm a good person of a father that won't appeal in my shoes.
Speaker 4: Oh well, if you're a father, you can't be a bad person. A little hard to hear there, but he was saying he didn't. He didn't break out. He was let out by people who understand that the system is all screwed up, and he's appealing to Donald Trump for a pardon, which could work.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Trump's kind of all over the place with some of his pardons.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that that has become a thing with young black men appealing to Donald Trump thinking they can get out. I saw once again today that Rappa should night talking about it doesn't matter if Diddy gets convicted, Trump will pardon him.
Speaker 2: No way, Trump's pardonering.
Speaker 4: Not a chance. No, No, that wouldn't be a good one. There's did he trial today? You had one little update for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the security guard that was at the hotel the night that did he beat Cassie up and we all saw that video footage from the surveillance man that is awful.
Speaker 4: Apparently he did.
Speaker 7: He try to bribe him first of all by saying, hey, if you wipe that footage, I'll take care of you. Were the words that he used. And then the security guard started to cover for Diddy. So he actually has testified that he initially lied to the cops because he didn't want anything to do with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that you know, you should always be honest, and I think I would, especially if I saw a guy beating up a woman? Yeah, but he had to be at least somewhat concerned about did he and his people coming after him without a doubt, And if he didn't, he should have, he should have been worried about it.
Speaker 2: So, but did he went with the old Pablo Escobar? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Does he get credit for inventing this the h silver or lead as in, I can pay you, or leads in a bullet So do you want to which do you want?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Did he offered him money right off the bat to erase the videotape which obviously didn't. I'll take care of you, right, which obviously didn't happen because we've all seen the videotape. And so that security guard was on the stand admitting that he's on the stand now, he's still up there. Okay, So he actually witnessed this. He was probably sitting in his office where he's supposed to do there and was watching the live video as it happened. Saw a young guy beating up a girl in the hallway. God, that's horrible, it's amazing. So did he walked out of there that night? He wasn't arrested or anything. Yeah, nothing came of it that night. God, do you think you beat up a woman like that in the hallway of a hotel and it's on videotape and a security guard seat. You'd be going to jail, but not if you're Sean Diddy Combs. We got more on the way. I hope you can stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 13: And there's also been a lot of discussion recently about your mental and physical capabilities while you were in office. You can see that I'm mentally and comfortent and I can't walk, and I can beat the.
Speaker 2: Hell out of both of them.
Speaker 13: Do you want to reply to any of those reports? And also to the fact that there are some Democrats who are now questioning whether you should have run for reelection in the first place, that you never beating it? Do you have any regrets?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: Wow, when was that Hanson? When was that question ask of him? It was obviously post getting out of the race. It was just a couple of days ago. Oh my god, play that first part again.
Speaker 13: And there's also been a lot of discussion recently about your mental and physical capabilities while you were in office. You can see that I'm mentally incompetent and I can't walk and I can beat the hell out of both of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, turn you out there. So he's being sarcastic. Oh yeah, you can see that. I'm I can't walk and I'm mentally incompetent. Yeah, you can't walk and you are mentally incompetent. That is every indication we've had, not only from watching you, but from the books and everything else. Does he is he still well, he's got dementia. See he can't ask the guy with dementia? Or is he just so programmed as a liar after being a politician his whole life?
Speaker 11: Or what?
Speaker 4: How is he still living in a world where he thinks he physically is okay even if he believes his mind is okay.
Speaker 2: He does He's the one that.
Speaker 4: Started wearing velcrow shoes and using that lower ramp because he couldn't walk.
Speaker 10: Wow, who does he think he's fooling at this point? That's wild. I can't I don't even I can't even that was a couple of days ago. He's still trying to pull it off.
Speaker 4: Gosh, he sounds mean to Oh, yeah, you watch me, I'm mentally incompetent and I can't walk. Correct, take out the sarcasm and make those statements and you are correct. You are mentally incompetent.
Speaker 2: And you can't walk.
Speaker 7: Wow gosh, he sounds like one of the really pissed off old guys. I used to serve at the bar at like eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Eight think I can't eight in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I worked at a bar at eight in the morning.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I worked at six am to ten am, and there were people there when I got there.
Speaker 2: Third shifters or derelict alcoholics.
Speaker 4: Derelict starting the day, got to get rid of the shakes. That's funny because I know a there's a bar here in Sacramentos at the Zebra Club as a big sign out front open opens at six am, and people say, well, third shift. You know, you worked the late shift and you want to go in. It's like your happy hour. But in my experience, it's mostly alcoholicues who need to get there really really early, like before they go to work. That's been my experience.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I worked that shift for six months, not a long time, but did not get one third shift.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, so that's a complete ruse. Bars that are open those hours.
Speaker 4: That's for people who need a drink before they go to work, or just to sit there in the bar stool all day long. Yeah, they needed their Irish coffee to get themselves going. Is what's what that is? Wow, that's interesting. I was never a morning drinker. I drank a lot, but I was never a morning drinker. I never could handle that. But I've known people that had to put on the suit and tie or you know, the female garb, whatever you're wearing, and hit a place like that for a big stiff one before you get to work. Yeah, then throughout the day. Uh, you can only pull that off for so long. Usually has an interesting little nugget. I wasn't expecting Katie So to describe the typical person age. Look probably at the bar at seven am. Yeah, usually this a Nancy placer, like a dive bar. Oh divy, okay, good and divy.
Speaker 7: Uh, early seventies to early eighties, usually in pajamas, some kind of a windbreaker jacket.
Speaker 4: Still pulling it off in your seventies or eighties. Yeah, yeah, and sounding kind of like Joe Biden. Oh and I had one.
Speaker 7: Guy that just used to get pissed if I did not have that Cadillac margarita already made and on the bar by the time he got there at six fifteen.
Speaker 4: You know what, I Drake pressure precisely, sir.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then did you have to stand there and make conversation with him as a young, cute blonde.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it was always yeah, yeah, And you know what, they were fun to talk to. They you know, they get the old guy pass at that.
Speaker 4: Point, sure, exactly. Yeah, they're no, they're no real threat. And they know they're no real threat. Yeah, oh do they and they will say whatever comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Wow, an interesting glimpse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back to Joe Biden in the cover up Bill or Peter Doucy doing a story for Fox and Friends.
Speaker 2: I haven't actually heard all of this.
Speaker 4: It has to do with the pardons that Joe Biden unleashed, remember the very last day, on the.
Speaker 14: Morning of Inauguration Day. The Biden family pardons were a surprise to us. But were they also a surprise to Joe Biden. That's what officials here want to know. The new scrutiny is on Biden era parton, So that would include preemptive partons for his sister Valerie, his brother Frank, his brother James, and his wife Sarah and then also for Trump critics like Mark Millie, Anthony Fauci, and Liz Cheney. This is coming today from a Reuter's report where it says Ed Martin, the Justice Department's pardon attorney, wrote in an email scene by Reuters that the investigation involves whether Biden was competent and whether others were taking advantage of him through use of autopen or other means.
Speaker 4: The whole pardon thing is completely out of control, as we all know, and it's gotten worse and worse pretty much administration by administration.
Speaker 2: Something needs to be rained.
Speaker 4: In on that, but the pardoning everybody at the last second wild Trump's given the speech.
Speaker 2: Anyway, There's a little more here from Peter Doocy.
Speaker 14: Just minutes after President Trump got back to the Oval office. I asked him if this came up during the ride with Biden to the Capitol in the beast.
Speaker 2: Unification of our country.
Speaker 10: You know, I didn't know that he gave me pardon to his family, because he did it during my speech.
Speaker 2: She didn't tell you the famal and he didn't tell me.
Speaker 14: No, No, he did it.
Speaker 5: They released it during my.
Speaker 14: Speech, and we're hoping to get details at some point this morning about which Justice Department officials are going to be looking into this, which laws they think might have been broken, and whether or not if these pardons are found to be illegitimate somehow the Justice Department wants to prosecute some bidence.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think the pardons are going to be illegitimate because the partning power is so incredibly broad, which is one of the problems with it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, pardoning his family when.
Speaker 4: He specifically in multiple interviews said he would not do that, and doing it while Trump's giving his speech is weak sauce man, But you know, what price is he going to pay? And ultimately, given the fact that history is going to remember him as a guy who shouldn't have been president all wasn't capable of being president, couldn't have the job, was being run by other people. You know, the whole pardon thing is a minor issue compared to that, So not much of a scandal there. But wow, that's incredible. Got Elon Musk in an interviewed talking about his different businesses and what he's going to be doing now, which I found kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: A couple other things to finish up with. We will Finish Strong coming up next?
Speaker 13: Are Strong?
Speaker 4: Are all of your businesses related in some way?
Speaker 12: Well, I guess you can think of the businesses as things that improve the probable trajectory of civilization. So, uh for making life multiplanetary or extending life to Mars.
Speaker 4: The idea there is to.
Speaker 12: Ensure the long term survival of life and consciousness as we know it.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited that Elon is back more or less full time to SpaceX, Tesla, Neuralink, the other things that he runs. I don't know about Twitter, but I think man kindly be better off he spend less time on Twitter. But anyway, I'm very excited that he's doing that stuff again. So in the modern world, where we all do so much online shopping, the ability to return something has become a much bigger deal.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the statistics.
Speaker 4: Vast majority of US will only do business with an online retailer if it's got a pretty good return policy.
Speaker 2: That makes sense to me. I'm big on that.
Speaker 4: I'm returning to a pair of shoes, a couple of pairs of shoes right now that I ordered, and I like the looks of them online, but when I got them, I did not like them, and the return policy is super easy. I'm gonna send them back. It's got the return label in the box, Slap it on the box, set it outside, off it goes.
Speaker 2: Love that love that too.
Speaker 4: The ones that make it more complicated, where I got to like come up with my own box and my own label.
Speaker 5: Eh.
Speaker 4: I put them in a pile for things that I mean to get to, and then when I finally check again, the date is passed, and now I own a pair of shoes that don't fit, or pair of pants I hate, or whatever that I paid for, and that really makes me mad. Now you have to drive to good Will, right, yeah, and give away something perfectly good that I spent, you know, my own money on. Yeah, But returns are such a big deal. They're now nine hundred billion, nine hundred billion dollars with the returns last year nine tenths of a trillion dollars. Seventeen percent of all sales by retailers are returned now, so it's just way more common than it used to be for a variety of reasons. Now, two thirds of shoppers say negative return experience would effect whether they'd go back to that retailer. Yeah, I'm way more likely to use the place that will let you, that has the label in there, and all I gotta do is slap it on the box and send it back out.
Speaker 2: Then if I gotta they make you jump through hoops or whatever. But listen to this.
Speaker 4: In a survey of many many shoppers in the United States, over two thirds say they believe retailers make it easy to abuse flexible return policies. That's an interesting complaint, or I don't know if it's a complaint, maybe it's just a fact. But about a half admitted to abusing policies in the past year. And I realized I had I'm a generally very honest person, but I had a pair of shoes I had worn outside. But because it seemed to me that you couldn't tell and I didn't like them, I did return them. So it's technically breaking the rules, although there's no way they could tell I were them. You're a terrible person.
Speaker 2: How do you sleep at night? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I just don't even want to associate with it.
Speaker 2: So if that's the limit of.
Speaker 4: My you know, sins, I suppose them in pretty good shape, but zero morals. I don't go as far as some of these people, Another thirty percent said they use the policies to avoid paying full price.
Speaker 2: I don't know quite what that means.
Speaker 4: Say they use and return expensive wardrobe items that they otherwise couldn't afford. So you order like a shirt or a dress or pants or whatever, you know, in other words, clothes, You order something, you wear it to the party or the date or the graduation, and then you send it back.
Speaker 2: That ain't cool. I've not done that.
Speaker 4: Had somebody do that at my wedding?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 7: The dress that one of the women wore, she was like, I still have the tag on this because I'm only wearing it today.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, wow, that's classy.
Speaker 2: I guess wow yeah.
Speaker 4: Yick yeah, well yick because somebody else is going to get that that was worn for an entire day sweating, doing the cube and shuffle.
Speaker 2: No thirty percent say they've done that.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. I have not and haven't even considered it. It's half for younger customers. So for the younger crowd, half of people are doing that. Wow, where'd they get that?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that something you know, like the last generation was doing and I, hey, check this out.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Do we just have lower moral Why the why does the younger crowd have lower morals about that sort of thing?
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's just.
Speaker 4: They never lived in the retail world, or you walk into a store and you look somebody in the face. Everything's just anonymous. It's a it's a company, it's not a human being. I still have kind of the leftover. You talk to somebody at sears. You don't want to lie to the old lady.
Speaker 2: You hate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to look grandma on the eye and say, no, I didn't like the way this fit when you wore it to the wedding.
Speaker 2: All day long?
Speaker 4: Where's the young crowd? They've never dealt with the human beings, so it's just all yes, Michael.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm just sitting here disgusting.
Speaker 4: So half the younger people where the get the clothes for one occasion then send it back. More than half fifty eight percent said they open up multiple accounts to take advantage of promotions. You know how when you go to buy something, do you have a promo code? If you open up another account, maybe you get the ten percent off of the fifteen.
Speaker 2: I don't I've never gone to that much work.
Speaker 7: I will tell you I do this every time I online shop for something, I will go to the search bar and I will type in the website that I'm on, followed by the words promo code. And I cannot tell you how many times that has worked.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where there's a promo.
Speaker 7: Code, I don't know about the pops up, click on it, put it, copy paste, and bam, ten bucks off or whatever.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't do that. Just yesterday I was ordering some clothes somewhere in promo code and I thought, man, I wish I had one.
Speaker 5: So what do you do?
Speaker 7: Just whatever website, let's say we're on, you know, buy in a Republic Banana Republic, Okay, So then you would go up to the search bar Banana Republic promo code, And there's all these websites.
Speaker 4: That compile lists from different deals and you can copy and paste from there and next thing you know, it's a percentage off or whatever. Yeah, well that's not a I don't think that's uncool or a crime or anything like that. They have those promo codes out there. Yeah, it's out there. If you find it, finders keepers, go for it. It's not like wearing a pair of cool argyle socks and then sending them back.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So here's the here's the long and short of all of this is that retailers have ended up in a situation where they know they're some cases getting ripped off losing money, and so they have a desire to want to clamp down on the return policies to make it more difficult. But then they lose the honest people. They're gonna lose people like me. I want a really generous return policy because I'm going to be honest, but I want to be able to return it really easily. So they've got a balance between the mostly young people or a ripping them off and causing them to lose money. Because how they get the dress back and they can smell that it was worm whatever, it's got a stain on it. Yeah, you know, they've done the walk of shame in it and you can just tell by looking at it. And then but if you tighten up your return rules too much, then you lose a whole bunch of the older customers are spending money.
Speaker 2: So that's got to be a tough balance.
Speaker 4: And we all know that like Walmart and Costco, a number of places that had a blanket you can return anything any time. Policy have had to tighten those up because scumbags started abusing them.
Speaker 2: I don't know who you are that does that.
Speaker 4: People were renting TVs at one point basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that for like Super Bowl week and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you got a return policy where you can get the big screen TV to watch the Big Game or Game of Thrones finale or whatever you're going to do, and then return it with them thirty days.
Speaker 2: But don't you realize you ruin it for everybody. You run it for yourself.
Speaker 4: You run it for yourself because in the return policies don't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: Ah by a thought, Yeah.
Speaker 6: With your hosts Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 7: That is art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is art.
Speaker 4: Hey, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Here's your host for final thoughts. No, it couldn't. I don't think it could.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts me, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Joe was not here. Let's start with our what do we call you? Technical director? Michaelangelow? Your final thought?
Speaker 7: Michael, Yeah, Katie and I met our spouses at work, and so don't use online dating.
Speaker 2: Ask people out.
Speaker 7: In real life, Bill Belichick met his future wife on an airplane and soak in.
Speaker 2: You ask out co workers.
Speaker 4: Here is Katie Green, our news like Katy Katie the news lady with her final thoughts.
Speaker 7: I can't believe I'm still watching this eagle that hasn't flown yet. Oh, I'm still doing it. I want him to fly or she she stopped puking though, so that's good.
Speaker 2: So there's only one eagle left in the nest that hasn't flown, Yeah, just one. Our mom and dad's still around.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen mom and dad yet this morning, but mama's still feeding that one or obviously wouldn't be able to get any food. I don't know. I've heard that the nest is six feet across. You can't tell if you just look at the video. It's hard to get a perspective of how big things are. Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could lay down completely in that nest. I'd be comforted.
Speaker 4: My final thought, we're going to talk about planks. I might do a plank during the One More Thing podcast? And how long should you be able to do it? A plank at various ages? I think will be very helpful information to keep you in shape Armstrong in Getdy or I pick up another grueling four hour workday. If you ever want anything we talked about, or a clip or something, you can go to Armstrong in getty dot com if you're interested in buying any Armstrong in Getty gear like a sports bra or a.
Speaker 2: Jacket or a whatever underwear.
Speaker 4: I got both my kids underwear for Christmas because I want them to have my name right there on their buttocks.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 1: I'm strong and get you something happening that's hard to quantify.
Speaker 2: And a masterclass that's bull This is garbage. This thing is a farce.
Speaker 4: It's gone and everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: Are you sure, oh.
Speaker 8: Dead Shore, Absolutely, this has to stop and it has to stomp like the day before yesterday.
Speaker 2: Let's not act like children.
Speaker 4: I think there's a form of elder abuse going on here. That's exciting.
Speaker 2: You know he knows so long that I love you, Joe that high note. Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty