Speaker 1: Monday night.
Speaker 2: As part as just the communication and the process.
Speaker 3: I thought the process in the communication was really good. It was fun going through it with everyone, with the guys upstairs, my coaches on the sideline, and also the players just being able to talk through everything and go from group to group depending on what was.
Speaker 1: Needed to be talked about.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really smooth, and you know, the guys being open and just kind of just talking through our next series, what happened on that series, just like you do all the time. It was just cool to be able to bounce from group to group doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: I want to describe your you calling the game is flawless and just the combination of you guys talking and so it seemed like he really anticipated and knew exactly where you're coming from on every play.
Speaker 1: Calls that kind of well.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's flawless, but I would say it was a good communication throughout the game and with him as well.
Speaker 1: You know, and I do.
Speaker 3: I try and talk to the guys during the week what I'm thinking and why we're doing what we're doing, the reasons behind it. Backed up with tape and the plan and they executed.
Speaker 2: Season Kyle let Klay called the offensive plays.
Speaker 1: What was that in part so that he could kind of listen in with you? And did you get extra help from him or at.
Speaker 2: Least just input and you know, getting getting that part of things down at all?
Speaker 1: Why Kyle let Koob do it? Oh? I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, Kyle has been great with me this whole time, and then like I've said before, it's been really fun in this position to be able to talk a lot with the offensive guys too, and when doing scripts and you're scripting with the offense during training camp, you have to be more connected with them. So I was really talking a lot with Koob and some with Lombardi and Kyle. But regardless, I think that communication was there. Why he did what he did, I don't know, you could ask him, but I think a lot of it was.
Speaker 1: You know, Coob's done a great job too.
Speaker 3: But I've enjoyed learning a lot just being more connected, like I said, with Kub and with Kyle, and he's always trying to teach you and challenge you. And that's what's been really awesome just being here period, like as a Niner the last three years, not just in the last you know, six months.
Speaker 1: Were the hallmarks of the Kevin O'Connell offense.
Speaker 3: I mean it's very similar to a lot of the things that they do with the Rams. You know, it's been around for a while and it's been really successful. And I think with you know, uh Sam, that he's he's a good quarterback and we've seen that and I think he brings a lot of those qualities obviously with the pieces he has with Aaron Jones and with Justin Jefferson. You know, he has a lot of those things that you know, make that offense special. And we've got to be really detailed in what we do.
Speaker 4: How much how much communication do you have with Kyle in game?
Speaker 5: Like on on Monday night, Like, how much are you going.
Speaker 1: Back and forth? Oh? In game?
Speaker 3: No, he's busy in game. Yeah yeah, yeah, that's totally different. Even now, he's really busy. It's just when we can catch moments to you know, talk about stuff.
Speaker 1: We tried to in the preseason games though you guys during the game a little bit a little I don't remember it being like a ton.
Speaker 4: And that after that the Jets touchdown, try that you guys made make adjrustments for some adjustments after that is that the case or was it more just better execution of what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I think it's always a combination of things. There's always something that goes wrong, you know, when people are sustaining drives, whether it's execution or just communication.
Speaker 1: It's you know, the league.
Speaker 3: Is so detailed, there's always such a little things that happened that you might not be able to see, you know when you're just watching it, but you know there was for whatever reason. It wasn't ever one thing, just like it never is. And yeah, we're always correcting them on the sideline, and the guys did a really good job of responding. I think the best thing about it, I think in this game was how our guys played as a group. I think they felt confident, they played fast, and we always hope that that shows up on tape, is how.
Speaker 1: Hard our guys play and how fast.
Speaker 5: Familiarly are with you know, Samar with the Jets, and I realized he wasn't in a wonderful situation there. But I mean, if you can't speak to that and how good luck, like say last week, I mean, do you see, like wow, he's done this, this and this so much better. He's a much better quarterback or did you kind of see stuff like he had that potential with the Jets, but you know.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in a great situation.
Speaker 3: I don't know a ton about the situation, but I do know which is why he was drafted so high, is how much talent he has.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a really good athlete. If you watch him throw, he can throw.
Speaker 3: I think there's always a lot of things that go into, you know, having success. There's so many guys on the on the team, you know, it's not ever one person. That's why you need all these different pieces. You need guys that can click, you need guys that work together. And he definitely has a talent. He's got the arm strength, he can see things. I think he probably learned a lot too when he came here. As you would in any year, you keep growing. And you could see it on the practice field that I was like, man, he can really throw it. And he would, you know, give us good looks in practice and stuff going against him. You could see the talent. You can see how he moves. He's a good athlete as well.
Speaker 4: He guys had a run heavy game plan Monday night and have a lot of success and dominate the time of possession and as a result of your D line, I think average your first team was like thirty snaps. Is that was that part of the master plan to kind of play complimentary football, trying to protect your D line early.
Speaker 2: In the year.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think everyone would love to do that every single week, you know, to play less snaps on defense because you're running the ball like that. I think that's why it's always you know, teams always talk about it, the whole cliche of you know, an offense going to say we want to run the ball, and defense is going to say we want to stop the run because it opens up so many things and you can control the game. And yeah, I think anyone would like to say that they could run it and play you know, fifty some snaps on defense, and you know that was that was how it worked out, and it was great needing to correct some things in the run game in training camp, and the Jets clearly went after you guys in that regard and it wasn't that successful for him.
Speaker 1: What did you think, especially if your front Leak and dave.
Speaker 3: On really pleased with those guys. I mean, they've been practicing awesome you saw how explosive and how you know, strong and powerful they were. That was on full display the stuff that we've been talking about these guys, you know, and our offense is tough. That's why a lot of times I said, I would come out to practice and not feel so great about it. But our offense is really good too. So we grew a lot by going against a really good offense every day for you know, the entirety of training camp. And sometimes I could be humbling, but it's good. I used to like those days when we got our butts kicked, you know. Sometimes One time you guys said that we, you know, had such a big day and it was like, however many picks? And I was like, I didn't feel like it out there because you know they had success too. Well, that's the truth, and that's how you grow. And I kind of like it when it had some back and forth because if they didn't make it hard for us, how we're going to get better. You don't feel good if you're just I don't feel good when I beat my sons in ping pong when they were five years old, twenty one to three, like some people might, I don't I want to play someone that's a challenge or I'm not going to get any better. So that's the truth. I used to crush him. I still can't. I still do, but yeah, I don't know. It's ask him.
Speaker 1: The question.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they got at five. No, they didn't get three. And I never let him win. So my dad never let me win. So if I ever beat him, I knew it was real. So I do the same thing with my kids closer. Now they beat me in chess, but they they play a lot of chess, but ping pong, they've never beat me ever.
Speaker 4: Jefferson the vocal of practice this week and trying to prepare the defense to, you know, go up against the bikes on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean those are the those are the guys we have to stop along with.
Speaker 1: You know. Aaron Jones.
Speaker 3: He's a heck of a runner. We had trouble with him last year. He's had a lot of a lot of success. He could He's a tough runner, he can move, he's slippery. I think the the thing about him is how he can slash. But he is just I have a ton of respect with how he runs the ball. He's he's not a big guy. But he runs big, and he finishes runs, and he's tough, and you know, it's a big challenge for us. It's not just justin Jefferson, because he's an excellent receiver too who plays tough as well. I think they have a lot of pieces that do fit this offensive scheme and a lot of respect for you know, how they play their game and you know this offense that they're they're well coached. But the guy that's been again from.
Speaker 2: Watched a lot of Fred and Drey over the last couple of years, he's stepping into.
Speaker 1: A more prominent role with dray out.
Speaker 4: How did you think he did and what what does he bring to the table?
Speaker 3: Flann's done awesome. He's progressed so much over the years. And the cool thing about Flann is, like you said, he's had great examples even when his ease was here. But with with Dre and with Fred, these guys are two of the best.
Speaker 1: In the game.
Speaker 3: And with them it's not just so much how good they are, it's that they make themselves good by doing it really well and working really hard every single day. So when you get in that room, it's it's always been a really good room along with Johnny Holland coaching them, and over these years, you can't it not you can't not get better. And when you're in it for a few years, like Flan and like Curtis has been, like you just continue to get better and like how you saw d winners get you know, improved as well.
Speaker 1: But really proud of Flaying. We're We're glad he's on our team.
Speaker 3: You know, it was cool to see him get a pick like that, but he's he's continually gotten better over these years.
Speaker 5: The pros and cons of having somebody like Mooney travel with Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: On every play, Uh, there's pros and cause everything we feel great about all our corners love Mooney. Mooney's in. You know, he's top notch. He's one of the top tier corners in the game.
Speaker 1: Trends that oh, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know how that went to ping pong, but oh it was going against their offense. Yeah that was I don't know. Oh they're twelve and thirteen stoned nash Yep. Alright, thanks