Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome into the cycle part three for the week, I am Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike may Or.
Speaker 2: We are talking pitching.
Speaker 1: Streamers and of course doing our two start pitcher competition. Mayor, why don't you kick us off and run through your streamers for the upcoming week.
Speaker 3: Sure, let's kick it off, go day by day and I will mention this week. I wrote the names down in the sheet. You know I don't want any Last week we kind of did it live. I got some some hateful comments about that. You know, you and I have talked about it in the past where I kind of like to do it live and do a gut check with the Fantasy Pro streaming tool. You prefer to have names in the sheet and the YouTube comments agreed with you because I made a mistake and I got a lot of hate for it.
Speaker 2: I always do.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of hate for it in the comments. Gosh forbid you mess up? You know you could you mistake Tosh Bradley for Shane Bass? Who could ever forgive you? But all right, let's get into it. So Monday, looking at our streaming's tool, I went with Eric Fetti, who is at the Pirates who was one of you know, they are one of the top five teams to stream a pitcher against right now. Some of the other that was to me the clear options. Some of the other options were Max Scherzer. But he's coming off the IL and potentially facing the Yankees. I want an interest in that. Michael Waka against the Mariners is the name that can I thought about, But he's likely rostered in your league. You know, he's only like fifty percent consensus rostered, but there's a chance if you're in an active competitive league, he's probably already roster. He's been pitching pretty well. And Ryan Nelson is a name we just talked about in our previous segments as a deep league target, but he's got the Giants. I don't really love streaming him. Eric Fetty's where I landed, however, I know we normally do day by day here, but a pitcher, I'm going to mention in a little bit, what about Chase Burns if he's still available in your league, which is possible based on you know, when he had to be picked up, and you know, like I mentioned in our previous video when we talked about waivers and pickups in NFBC leagues, and you know, there are certain leagues where depending on you know, like Chase Burns is still available in a lot of leagues because of when he was called up and because he needs to kind of like make an appearance to be available. Would you stream Chase Burns at the Red Sox. Yes. Would you pick him over Eric Fetti against the Pirates?
Speaker 1: It would depend on the matchup, because I think, you know, just making your second career start, like inherently there's more risk there. And obviously the Pirates are such a great matchup for Fetti. But if I'm in a situation where I'm like I kind of need to swing for a really good start here, I would rather start Burns. And honestly, as I'm talking through it, I might just say him in any league, I might just say it rather Burns.
Speaker 2: I think I'm yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think I would do Burns in pretty much every league over Fetty.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, yeah, I like kind of talked out of myself, talk myself out of that logic as I was going, like, I would just say Burns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went with Fetty just because it's more likely that Burns is rostered in your league. Yes. The other thing with Burns against the Red Sox as well, like they do have kind of this inconsistent offense that can explode and then go quiet. They are pretty quietly, like the third worst team in terms of strikeouts, and so he could rack up a bunch of strikeouts against the Red Sox On Tuesday, I went with Edward Cabrera, another name. We talked about it in our previous video. Go back and watch it. But I have Edward. Edward Cabrera against the Twins is where I landed. I looked at some other names that are available, Gavin Williams against the Cubs, not touching that. Jeffrey Springs against the Rays is an am I considered.
Speaker 2: But you know that's he was bad today.
Speaker 3: He was bad today. Yeah, don't comments. I didn't. I didn't see his stats today. I was doing it.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's fine.
Speaker 2: He he was pitching while we were taping this.
Speaker 1: But I only noticed this because I have him facing you and that dynasty head to head league, and he.
Speaker 2: Got me negative one point four points.
Speaker 3: That forma excellent excellent for.
Speaker 1: But it's because he got the loss. I mean, it wasn't a good start from him. Regardless, he was three earned runs in five innings, so like, not great, but the loss really hurt.
Speaker 2: In points format.
Speaker 3: He's been wildly inconsistent this year.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 3: He started off and he's stunk, and then he got hot, and then he's been kind of inconsistent. So that's another reason I wanted to stay away from him. Also, like against the Rays, who have been hot in Tampa, that teen tiny ballpark, I stayed away from it. Hayden Birdsong against the Diamondbacks is another one I considered, but you know, Diamondbox is the hot offense, So yeah, I landed on Edward Cabrera against the Twins. Some other names if you want to, if they're available, Culton, Gordon against the Rockies. It's at Colorado, but that's not as scary as it used to be. Although their offense is kind of picking up a little bit, it's still bottom five according to the tool. And ooh, your boy, Charlie Morton at the Rangers. Are you streaming Charlie Mooreton? Uh?
Speaker 1: He didn't look great against the Rangers a couple of days ago, So.
Speaker 3: Facing the second time, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think I would I think I would stream Morton over Cabrera.
Speaker 3: Actually, okay, the Carbrera is ranked higher, but Morton is technically going up against their worst offense. According to this Onto Wednesday, I went with Brian Bao against the Reds. Right. Bo has been pitching really well lately, just you know, it seems like when he faced the Yankees a few starts ago it really unlocked something. And he's got a few quality starts in a row and running hot. The he's facing the Reds at home, So I mean not that it's not the Fenway Park is a much better pitcher park than a great American small park in Cincinnati, but it is not as bad, you know, as long as you can live with some of the damage there. But down to a three point three one ERA and fifty one strikeouts and sixty five and a third innings, he like a little bit higher there, but he has been pitching really well, and so someone who's still available in eighty percent of leagues, I like him some of the other options. Will Warren was at the top of the tool, but I didn't. He's facing he's been pitching, he's been kind of on a heater himself, and he's got ninety six strikeouts and seventy five and third innings. But he's got the blue Jays. I have almost no interest against streaming anyone against the Blue Jays. Land the group against the Diamondbacks I didn't want to do. And then the other one I considered is Noah Cameron against the Mariners. That was kind of been triaguing to me any interest in any of those.
Speaker 1: Cameron, I like what we've seen from him.
Speaker 3: What day was this?
Speaker 2: He said, Wednesday?
Speaker 3: This is Wednesday, This is Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I kind of yeah, maybe him. I think it's a lot of like okay options, not like rushing out to definitely do him, but not bad either, just kind of like that seems like a few different okay options.
Speaker 3: Yeah. For Bayo, four quality starts in a row, including six strikeouts in his last outing and two outings a go, seven shoutout innings, eight strikeouts against the Yankees. So he's heating up, as they would say in NBA JAM. Yeah, Thursday, small slate day. I went with Dustin May against the White Sox. Dustin May has had a really weird up and down year, which is you know, I expected his roster percentage to be higher, but it's not because he's just been inconsistent, but a picture that I believe in, you know, similar to how I believe in Max Meyers. So hopefully it works out better with Dustin May has been streaky, but really good matchup against the White Sox, and so I am willing to stream him against the White Sox. The other name I considered Uri Perez against the Twins, but I don't know that I'm necessarily ready to take that risk just yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I prefer me for sure.
Speaker 3: All Right, Friday, the day we can almost never find a picture for, I went with former Red Sox great Quinn Priester against the Marlins in Miami. So bad offense, bad ballpark for hitters. He's been pitching very well lately himself, And yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What I like.
Speaker 3: Some of the other names, those two are not going to be available in your leagues. The name see every week is Justin Erlander not going to do it against the Athletics in Sacramento. Yeah, Zac Lttel against the Twins, Mike Sroko against the Red Sox. I think for me, the top option is clearly Quinn Priester against the Marlins in Miami on a day we normally struggle to find pictures for no comments of that one. I'll keep moving. Then no, all right, I guess I'll keep moving. So Saturday is a fun one. I wrote as Saturday, I wrote as a potential stay away, as you like to say that sometimes the best litererdter streams to not stream at all. And uh, oddly enough, one of the best options for the day is your boy Tosh Bradley coming off sixty.
Speaker 2: He's not my boy sixty, your boy.
Speaker 3: Two shutout innings?
Speaker 1: Are you sure it's Dosh Bradley and not shamed boss this time?
Speaker 3: I am sure I recommended him by accident you corrected me. But lo and behold, you should have streamed Tosh Bradley for his six and two thirds shutout innings, and this time he gets the Twins. So I really hope the Twins don't have a good offensive week. Yeah, it seems like I'm targeting the Twins a lot, but I really have it as more of a stay away. So I kind of put Tosh Bradley in there as you know, breaking case of emergency, if you really need to stream someone, that would be my pick, because one of the other options I would have said is Jamison ty Own, but he coming off a clunker and he's got the the Cardinals again, so I don't want any part of that. Michael Walker against the Diamondbacks, everything in in that, and so yeah, it's probably a stay away day. You could. I thought for a little bit about Chad Patrick against the Marlins, but I don't know that I really trust that for a streaming option. So it's probably more of a stay away from me on a Saturday this week and then last but not least, Sunday. Reees Slsen is potentially returning. He's scheduled to return. He gets the Guardians, who are somewhat surprisingly a bottom five offense right now for Fantasy, And if he's available, he's around fifty percent consensus rostered, so he may or may not be available in your leagues. Check your league settings. But he's coming back from injury, so if someone couldn't stash him on the IR, he's probably available and you can pick him up before he comes back. So he's probably the top option is you know, I don't love starting someone right off the IL, but he's probably you know, even if you just grab him to dash, he's not a bad option. The other option I wrote, here is Edward Cabrera who gets the Brewers. With the kind of added bonus here is if you're in a weekly league and you wanted to stream Cabrera against the Twins on Tuesday, you could get the two step from him and get him on Tuesday versus the Twins, and then on Sunday against the Brewers, which was, you know, two not terrible matchups, and so Edward Cabrera might be the streamer of the week.
Speaker 2: Any honorable mentions for you.
Speaker 3: No honorable mentions. It's kind of a gross scale unless you wanted to do. I mean, I won't spoil my two week picture, but you know, unless you wanted to stream my two star pitcher.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into our two star picture competition. You use that segue here as a reminder. We did not have a week ten contest because both of our pictures ended up only pitching one start. So we have not yet gotten to the results of week eleven. We'll see how that goes. So even though we are on week twelve now, the current standings are only nine completed contests in it's.
Speaker 2: Still five to four.
Speaker 1: Mayor. Because I am still down, I had to break out the big guns and roll with Garrett Crochet facing the Reds and then the Nationals, two teams that have not been very good against lefties too, you know, not crazy scary lineups in general, particularly the Nationals. So yeah, I hadn't used him yet, and I figured it was about time because he's really good and has good matchups this week. So I finally finally broke out Crochet and you are going with somebody? Are they facing each other?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't look ahead at the schedule to see if they're If they're both two star pitchers, they must be close to facing each.
Speaker 2: Other, because you're you're a pitcher. They are wout ruin who yours is?
Speaker 3: They face each other on Monday. So I am going with Chase Burns. Who a fun one. Chase Burns Garrett Crochet, That's a fun matchup. May Yeah, I'm taking the risk here because I'm going with a very young pitcher. But he's got you know, he just looks so good. I wanted to use him. I didn't really love a lot of the other options, at least in terms of pitchers I hadn't used yet, and so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say there were some good options this week, but it was a lot of guys I had already used also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I decided to go with Chase Burns, even though the matchups aren't the best. It's at Boston at Philly, so against two pretty good offenses, and on the road against those two offenses. Although as I as I just said, the Red Sox are somewhat quietly like one of the best teams to for pitchers in terms of strikeouts, their top three in terms of strikeout rate, So we could see him strike out double digit guys against the Red Sox on Monday. That'll be a fun matchup and we'll be able to see the go ahead to head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is going to be fun. That'll be a must watch.
Speaker 1: If we were doing weekday excitement, that would be our Monday excitement for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But yeah, we'll go ahead and wrap up there.
Speaker 1: Unless you have anything else you wanted to toss in here before we get out of here, No, that's it for me, all right.
Speaker 2: We will go ahead and wrap up.
Speaker 1: If you missed our earlier segments, please check out Rounding the Bases. We talked about a whole bunch stuff, including more of a deep dive on Chase Birns some rookie stuff by self. For the second half of the season, we talked about about Cal Roley, just because he's so awesome, and then we talked about in our part too as usual, our buys and cells and our waiver Central.
Speaker 2: So we got it all for you this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hope you check out all the segments of the show for Mayor, I'm Ryan Warmy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for tuning in. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB