Speaker 1: Miss Spelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Okay, you guys, welcome to another Tory story. So I was just at another convention. My TV hubby and boy Bessy, Brian, Austin Green and I were there and I feel like I'm like, oh, you know what, they don't want to hear about another convention. We've talked about it. The stories just keep happening, you guys that when there's too much goodness of funny things that happen. I got to talk about a con again. I feel like this and Brian and I have more coming up. In fact, we're going our next convention is in Palm Springs. I feel like that's going to be a great story. So I feel like how we have many like versions of the show, like it's misspell but then we have Tory stories and then we have bow talks. I kind of feel we need like kind of a convention one because they're not stopping. We're going on the road to these conventions all summer long. Oh yeah, got Niagara Falls coming up? What would that be? I'm good with puns. I would say I'm typically good with puns, but at this point I have been traveling and working since Thursday, and I don't even know what day it is, like, it has not stopped. I literally got back last night two connections east coast to get to Huntsville, Alabama, and it was we're talking delays. You guys know, I don't like flying getting better, getting better, but there's no direct flight there. So you got multiple connections, delays in Dallas, delay like four hour delays, crazy storms. And then I think I got home. We're there. We got home with two in the morning last night, and.
Speaker 2: Here we are, yep, here we are.
Speaker 1: You know why, because the stories are just too good and we're professionals. We you just got to keep going. You just got to keep going. What would be a fun pun for our convention stories? Both our brains are a little fried right now. We literally have not stopped working, traveling, or slept in four days. Four days, yeah, and not for any like like we've been for four days and not for any fun reasons.
Speaker 2: We'll have to work on the pun.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know, I want to come up with it on the spot. Matt myself right now.
Speaker 2: Miss Unconventional, I think we did that already.
Speaker 1: We've done that. But if it's its own like little. It's not an episode like it's very many one because we have we're going to continue to have conn stories because you've booked me through like next year on so many of them. Thank you.
Speaker 3: And I always tell Torry when she's like, I can't believe I have another convention this week and or we have to get up at the crack of dawn. I have to remind her. Me too. Lucky me, I get to go with.
Speaker 1: Her, and then I love to remind her. But it's my face that is on camera right now for our social clips. Oh and that's where I think I'd like to start with your face. Okay, God, I love a good segue. Okay, So Ruthanne and I travel at this convention. Keep in mind, I am grateful for these conventions like I have. I come back with the fullest heart, so much love, so much energy. I'm a people person, you guys know. I like to talk. It's so amazing to meet these people and see what a part of their lives you have been in the effect you've had, and just waile to connect. For me, like even just as a human, I get human connection and I get to hear stories and meet great amazing people. So it's great. And you know, the kids are always like, oh my god, you're gone for another weekend. And I'm like, you know, I'm this is how I provide for my family at this point, you know, it's one of my jobs. But anyway, so we have to do a connecting flight. We apply out of lax which is hell in itself, Miss Burbank. But we get there, we have to go to Dallas and do a connecting flight. And because of the storms, and Ruth Anne tells me, because I have not flown through Dallas before that Dallas is notorious for delays. That airport it wasn't even an airport. It was like it was the biggest thing I have ever seen in my lifetime so far.
Speaker 2: It's like it's own city.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it is. Oh, it's like the Truman show. Oh my god, in an airport. Ooh should we do that? Added to my list ideas that'd be a good TV show. Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, anyway, if you get laid over there long enough, you might have to live there, because that's how long the delays are.
Speaker 1: I'd rather get laid and not layover, but yeah.
Speaker 2: That's possible.
Speaker 1: Anything can happen in the mecca that is the Dallas Airport. No, so we landed. We had a delay four hours, you guys, because there was crazy storms happening. And then oh, so Brian is not on our flight, but he's in Dallas, he's landed and he's taking another flight to Huntsville, Alabama. And so I'm panicked. And this is how well Brian knows me, like I say to him, and ruth Ann knows me well and she didn't even know this. I was panicked because I'm like, Brian and I aren't on the same flight. And she's like, he puts it the headphones. He's listening to music and stuff the whole time, like it's not even like you're gonna be talking. And I was like okay, okay. And so Brian's like where are you. You're not on my flight and I was like, yeah, I'm on a different flight. And I go I'm freaking out. I only like to fly with you. And he's like he texts me and he's like why because you feel safer knowing that both of us are on that flight, Like crying face, crying face knowing me. Well, then I'm like, okay, in my irrational flying fear, like if Brian and I are on the same flight, like that's that flight won't go down basically, like and you know, I've talked about my fears before of like if there's the celebrity on the flight and babies, I'm like, okay, this flight will be okay. Like it's irrational, I know, but anyway, I loved that Brian knew my irrational fear in that, and I was like, duh, yeah, that's exactly it. Anyway, So we get to Dallas and Brian's like, oh, I'm getting on this flight and it was earlier and didn't have a delay, and I said to Ruthanne, Oh my god, can we get on that flight? And she was like, we can try. Well, there was nobody to change the ticket, so we couldn't go online, we couldn't call, so we decide to just run and we have to run. And when I'm thinking, okay, we have to run to get to Brian's gate, I'm like, okay, it'll be like a couple. Like I don't know, what are those things you get on. It's not an escalator goes flat, moving walkway. If you're going to stand still go to the right. If you're going to walk, please let people buy and go on the left left. It's a courtesy. I always stand still on it. It's my mee time. Anyway, I'm not a runner, as you guys know, but we did because I was like, I feel safe for being on the second floor with Brian, so you know, I'm going to actually bolt, and we ran. But what we didn't.
Speaker 3: Realize is that the airport is a city, and even though it's the same airline, Dallas is the hub for American, So American is in every terminal, not just one. So you could be changing flights from one terminal to another and still be on American, which is right.
Speaker 2: Exactly what was.
Speaker 1: Happening, Well, I mean you'll say this didn't happen, but this happened. You did look down and you didn't have your glasses on. You were squinting, and I said, what terminal is it in? And you said it's in B. But she misread it and it was an E.
Speaker 3: Well you do know how tiny the print is. For some reason, it's a cruel joke the airlines play on you.
Speaker 2: But yes, that is true. It is true.
Speaker 1: I Miss I was like, oh my god, it's e and you were like, okay, and do'll we find So we're running, we're running, and then we see that we have to go on a train. It takes you to a different terminal. And so I'm running and I'm like, I'm I'm on a mission. Now I'm going to get on that flight with Brian Austin Green, like David and Donna are flying together. It's irrational. It's in my mind. And once I put my mind to something, I make it happen. So I'm like, it's happening.
Speaker 3: So I mean, even so you're still behind me and I'm in front of you, and I'm on the escalator going up.
Speaker 2: She's walking up the stairs and you are.
Speaker 3: Not walking on the escalator. You were standing still as you do. And I got to the platform and I'm walking ahead, and so she's walking ahead out and you're not there.
Speaker 1: She's walking ahead. But what happened is that by walking ahead, and I hope you learned your lesson. I saw the skylink and I saw it opened up and it said get on here, and it's taken you to eat. And she was probably squinting even though she was ahead and didn't see that and kept walking. I jumped on that. I jumped on that skylink and it wasn't until I got on there that I realized, oh my god, what if ruth Ann doesn't get on? And I panic because now I am alone and I've never been on a skylink, and I'm like, what is this thing? So I say, oh my god, wait my friend, I don't think she got on, and these two men are like, oh, she'll make it. There's one that comes every two minutes. So I was like, no, I'm scared of being alone. I didn't say that. So I bulked to the thing because I'm like, I'm going to get off, and I see ruth Anne come back around, like what And literally right as I go to get off, it closes and I'm pressed up against the glass. We have proof. Ruthan, while she was laughing her ass off, ran up and took pictures. And I'm pressed up against the glass.
Speaker 3: Like no, there was Torri's little face squitshed up against the glass as the skylink pulled away from the platform, and I was a little panicked.
Speaker 1: That can't be sanitary either, And I didn't give two books. I was just I full mouth pressed up against that glass, panicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, oh no, because I don't really trust toy to navigate an airport fire.
Speaker 1: Or navigate anywhere. I have the worst sense of direction and time, you guys. So anyway, she he texted me and she's like, I'm right behind you. I'm getting on the next one. Wait there at the next station, right, So I did. I did, and then she got there and we ran and we ran. I'd like to say we found Brian. We found him on his gate on his earlier flight that wasn't delayed with the three Lawrence brothers and uh yeah, they were there, probably every other celebrity and we were on this like random later flight and we get there. That's directed of me, duh me passive aggressive what But we wouldn't have these stories if we had got on the earlier flight.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: So I do believe there are no coincidences. I do believe in signs and yeah, so this is what happened. Brian's like, oh, you made it, and I was like yeah, and I was like, we're going to change her ticket and they were like, you have to wait for someone at the gate. So we wait, we wait. No one ever came to that gate, and then they were boarding and there was nothing left, so uh, Brian had to go and he even like texted me, He's like, did you get on the flight, and like nope, but our flight is four hours delayed. So see in Huntsville. Oh man, So we have time to kill a lot of time. So we go to what is it called what is it called?
Speaker 2: Well? First? Oh, we.
Speaker 3: First, we try to go to the American Lounge because we always seem to forget whether or not if you're flying first class they'll just let you in.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, but she forgets what I told her, I doubt they will let us in.
Speaker 2: And that was quite a long ways away.
Speaker 3: But we had four hours, so we figured, okay, let's give back to try and at the same time, we're talking about maybe just staying in Dallas overnight because it's already so late.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So I am now and you know me, you guys, I am a positive person. I don't really get in bad moods. I'm now in a mood and I'm like, I'm exhausted, I have been traveling all day. I'm a terrified flyer. Like it doesn't it's not good to my nervous system. Emotionally, it's like I'm leaving my kids. It's been a long day. And I was like, you know what I said, you know, I'm at the point like it's eight something now, like maybe we just like stay at the airport hotel and we catch the first flight in the morning, because the convention itself didn't start that day on Friday till four o'clock. So Rudan says, I have a friend who has an amazing house here. She'll give us the code, which I I was like, I don't know. Anyway, I text Brian and I'm like, I think we might and he was like fuck no, no, he said, you get on that next flight. He goes, do not. You're gonna be miserable.
Speaker 2: Do not.
Speaker 1: This is funny, he said, do not stay a night, just get there. You can go to sleep, you can sleep in, you could have breakfast. You could go to the gym. And I was like, who do you think you're talking to and he's like, oh right, He's like I forgot. He goes, well, you can sleep in. You could have a diet doctor pepper in the morning. You could avoid water at all costs, and you could watch people and laugh as they walk in and out of the gym. I go, ah, there's my best friend, good boy, good for knowing me, and he goes, yeah, it felt better writing it that way. Yeah, anyway, we make the law, We.
Speaker 3: Make the long haul to the American Lounge, only to be declined, and then I look up and see if there's any other lounges.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna mind you though you had a choice. They said, there's two lounges near where your your gate is that you can go to, and she has American Express. There was one you could buy for like it was like ninety nine dollars a person, No, no, no, is that writer sixty nine dollars. I just loved the number sixty nine. Okay, it was ninety nine. And or there's one that you could buy with your American Express for nine dollars.
Speaker 2: No, it was free.
Speaker 1: It ended up being free. But this is what the woman told us. And she was like, they're both right here, and you said we should save money. Let's you know, it's just, you know, it's just a lounge. We should go to the one that's nine dollars, which did end up being free, but it also costs you your sanity going to that lounge because we got there.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, good good good. Being with you though always cost me myself. It doesn't matter where I go.
Speaker 1: Twenty five years and we're still going though, go on, no, you go on? Okay, no, literally, we've known each other twenty five years. I was being literal. And so we get to the lounge and we're checking in, giving our passes so they can scan them and say, yes, yes, say let's go to the lounge. Oh god, I love this one. And the woman says to her, oh, is it a mother daughter trip?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they.
Speaker 3: Were referring to me as the mother in case anybody had any confusion about that.
Speaker 1: So once again standing behind Ruth Anne and she's doing all the talking and I'm just behind her and so oh yeah, it's no missing any any who are they talking to? They are talking to her. I'm just in the background. Oh is this a mother daughter trip? And I froze because if you all remember, if you haven't, you should go back and listen to that episode. Make sure you download listen give us five stars. We love you. When we went to another convention and we were packing like we went to the front and the luggage they were weighing it. The woman at that airport had said, is this your daughter? Right?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep?
Speaker 3: That would be united at the Burbank airport, and I was horrified and I ran out the door and immediately got botox.
Speaker 2: So I was feeling a little better about myself on this trip. Once again, be looked a great.
Speaker 1: She by the way, your botox looks great, very natural. You looked refreshed. You even said your husband was like, oh, you just looked fresh, liked. She didn't even know you bout anything done. She was looking good, by the way. So I now panic because I'm like.
Speaker 2: Panic in between laughing maniacally.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh huh so uh So the last time this happened, I was just like, oh my god, I'm going to shut up and just we got to get on that flight. Well, now we have four hours to kill so I'm going to jump in on this this time. Now it's happened two times, and I say, oh, we're friends. I go, we're actually only nine years apart THEYD care so I was like trying to say, like, there's no way she could have had me. So anyway, we get into the lounge and I was like, are you okay? As I'm laughing, She's like, no, I just spent three thousand dollars on my face. Like I was feeling good, and this happens again. I was like, oh my god, I said, well, and then I tried to make excuses. I'm like, you know what, I tried to make it about me me. I don't dress my age. I'm the bad one. I'm in the inappropriate I'm dressed like a teenager, which everyone gives me shit about, even though I like dressing like this. I'm standing behind you, I have sunglasses on, I'm dressed like a skater girl, and you're doing all the talking. So I was trying to give her all the reasons why they might have assumed it was a mother and her daughter.
Speaker 3: She was decided the next trip, I'm wearing my hair up and pigtails. I'm gonna be having I'll have a lollipop in my hand and a stuffed animal in my arm. And then let's see if they think I'm your mother or what did you say?
Speaker 2: No, They'll think that i'm baby Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever happened to baby Jane? That just that just sounds that sounds like some creepy fetish I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Everybody in the lounge got in on it and made comments, and.
Speaker 1: Well, because she had to tell everybody in the lounge, and we, you know us, we make friends with everybody where before we go. So we're talking and telling. Anyway, third times the charm comedy happens in three So I'm really sorry, my friend, but I think it's probably gonna happen one more time.
Speaker 3: One more time. But we'll say that for a little bit later. So we make friends with everybody in the lounge. We say oah, goodbyes, we give you a five star review, and we go to our gate.
Speaker 1: So as she's so divisive sometimes, so as we're walking like no, no, no, no, no, we've checked our tickets. We're walking through that little like time yea ramp. Sorry, I don't know flying terms. I hate flying onto the plane, she goes, I have a little bit of bad news.
Speaker 3: In between laughing hysteria and practically being in my pants.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh god, you know what, I go bad news for me. I'm used to his sister every day like what I'm flappable tory spelling like whatever, what is it now? And I go is it? I go? Wait, let me know how bad is it. I'm thinking she's gonna tell me like the convention's canceled, like or so, I don't know what she's gonna tell me. But but she said, uh, I hope you like who you're sitting next to on the plane. I'm like, oh my god. So being a scared flyer, it's not like I'm look at me having to defend myself, like I don't have to be in first class, I don't have to be with a friend, but I don't.
Speaker 3: We're usually seated together, that's but on this particular flight, it wasn't available, so I had put us like behind each other, assuming someone would switch. But I had forgotten about it until we were getting on the plane, and it just seemed and listen hilarious to me in that moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, here here's the thing. And I told Dean this for twenty years and he still never listened. I am way better at handling things if you're tell me up front. I don't like surprises. I hate surprises that plummets me worse. I like knowing everything up front, and I'll bitch about it whatever, and then I'll move on and we'll deal with it. But yeah, anyway, So we get on the flight and she says, don't worry, I'll ask the person because I always get nervous, like I'm sorry, I don't want you know me. So I'm sorry, I'm sorry for my existence. I don't want to ask you to move. So we get on. Were the last people the board of course, final call, and there's only two rows in first class because you booked us on this tiny plane. Another thing, I'm like, my choice.
Speaker 3: I decided we would fly on the tiniest plain possible. So I decide, all right, there's two guys I can ask, one sitting in the front, one sitting behind, and I'm going to go for the guy behind who has his head down. And I tapped him on the shoulder and said.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, sir, would you.
Speaker 3: Terribly mind switching seats till my friend and I could sit together?
Speaker 2: And then Tory says, yes, I'm terrified.
Speaker 1: Right, I pipe in and tell the truth. I'm a terrified flyer. Over explaining myself always I'm a terrified flyer. Would be so grateful and because you guys, it's true, like I'm getting better, I'm working on my fear of flying. But in the past like I I will clutch you, i will scream, i will bruise your arms because I'm holding on so tight, nails, digging into you, crying on your shoulder. It's not pretty, Like you don't want to be that human sitting next to me and that alone. I've explained in the past, people are like, cool, I'm up, I'll switch. But anyway, this gentleman was very accommodating. He looked at me and said, oh, of course, no problem, no problem. Got up. So he goes and sits right in front of us. We take our seats, and then ruth Anne goes, oh my god, do you know who that is? And I was so scared and in the moment and not looking. I don't know. So at this point all I have anything to base anything on is looking at his luscious curls long hair because I'm looking at his head. He's in front of me, and she texts me, it's weird al yankiffing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't say it because I was laughing too, so I had a texting yeah, because I was laughing in him. But it was just so absurd of all the people in the world. Because we are big fans, actually weird al Yankvich and.
Speaker 1: He's very nice, huge legend, legend, icon legend. So but in my tory brain, I'm like, oh, well, screw Brian, I'm on a flight with weird al Nothing's happening to this flight. I'm good, I'm solid. But I text my kids and my son Liam is like a huge sick fan of weird Awl, Like he loves old school stuff and he's just like and I said, weird Alice sitting in front of me, and he said, no way, no way. And he said, oh my gosh, Mom, I know you hate doing this, but would you ask him for a photo. And I was like, oh my gosh, I said, I'll try, baby, But I knew in my head. I was like, I'm too scared. I'm too scared. It's weird al Yo, like he's a legend. Anyway. Yeah, So that flight, I got to say, in the history of my flights, was one of the scariest flights I've ever been off.
Speaker 2: It was rough. Admit, that was a rough light.
Speaker 1: I mean we went through a thunderstorm, we went the plane was dropping and there's lights and here's the thing. God bless them, they got us there safely, but when the pilot when you land and they're like ding and everyone gets up to leave, and he comes out of the cockpit and he goes, phew.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That was a bad one, right, It's not my irrational fear. He goes, phew oh. And then he turns to the flight attend and he goes, yeah, that's storm. That was a bad one we went through. So I'm like, oh my god. Even he was like, I don't know if we're gonna be okay. And then he goes she says something, oh, well we made it.
Speaker 2: Or or she said that was a great landing.
Speaker 1: Great landing, and he goes through, any landing is a great landing. And you know what, I was like, Dann.
Speaker 2: Straight, yeh wow, we are right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we made it. We went went to sleep. We got in literally by the time we got to the hotel, it was like what three in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But we're like, hey, weird all can do this, we can do this. Yeah, So we go to sleep. The convention the next day we get there. Refresh my memory.
Speaker 3: What happened on Friday, Well, what happened on Friday was weet up with Brian to go to the convention. And lo and behold, he's broken his towel and he is having a very hard time getting around.
Speaker 1: And yes, and then on the way to the convention, I see my friend Rose McGowan, because Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combes we kind of are all doing the same circle and doing these conventions. And I see Rose and she's in a boot and she's on like a knee scooter. I'm like, what happened? And she tells me this horrific story that happened, and I'm not going to tell it right because I was like, oh my god, Oh my god, what is happening? But basically, you know, she broke.
Speaker 2: Her foot, she pulled all the.
Speaker 1: Ligaments and and yeah, she was on an I was like, wow, but you made it here, and good for you. So we got we got Rose on a knee scooter with a boot broken. We got Brian with a broken toe who's like limping but like still walking. And he's such a dude, like, you know, he wouldn't like I was like, let's get in an uber when we were going to like dinners and stuff or you know, and he's like, I'm okay, I'm just going slower I'm like, oh, it's such a man like not to be like I got this, I got this, like because you know, they don't want to be like, okay, I'll take it easy. So he was a trooper. Rose was a trooper. And then Saturday, Jamie Presley comes in. She's doing a whole they got everyone from my name is Earl there, very cool, and she comes in and when she gets there, she breaks her foot at the airport. At the airport coming in, Jamie has broken her foot. It was like an old injury, hairline fracture. And now at the airport she had a Dallas connection and was trying to get through fast and like make that connection at the Mecca City and yeah, and broke rebroke it but like bad. And again I'm like, oh my god, my friends are all troopers, like super troopers. So anyway, she has a boot on two. She had the boot on two, so you have boots galore, except the boy who refuses to do it. So he's and.
Speaker 2: She's suffering through it, suffering.
Speaker 3: So we leave our table during the convention to get photos taken.
Speaker 2: And it's Brian and Tory and myself and.
Speaker 1: We're walking really slow because we know how you know, we're hanging back for Brian.
Speaker 3: They assigned an escort, a volunteer escort, to take you to your next event. And at first I'm thinking the guy we're walking with us is walking.
Speaker 1: He's walking in front of us with Brian and RUTHI Harry.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh, that's very respectful that he's going so slow. And then I took take another look and I.
Speaker 3: Say, actually he's badly limping as well, so he's either imitating Brian, which I highly doubt, or he too has an injury and.
Speaker 1: Need to find out. When we get to the panel, he says to me, I've met you before, and I said, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Where did we meet? And he said, in twenty nineteen, you were doing BH nine oh two and zero and at Century City Mall. They had like a fashion institute and we had like your clothes from the show and your design, your costume designer Mandy Lyin was there, and you and Jenny and I think Gabrielle, yeah, all the girls. And he said there was massive security because there was so many people like kind of bum rushing you. And I came up and wanted to get a photo with you as you were leaving, and he said, I still have the photo because all security swarmed in to keep me away, and you said, no, no, no, I'm fine, I'll take a photo with him. And the photo is kind of me kind of leaning in and you could see the security in the background, just like coming for this guy, and I took the picture quickly. They rushed me on. I thought it was okay. I haven't seen him since. Apparently they like tackled him. They thought he was like doing something to me. Wasn't. He was just a fan there at the time, like tackled him and he's had an injury. And I was like, oh my god. So literally, this.
Speaker 3: This unfortunate limp he has was caused by Tory.
Speaker 1: Oh take it back, take it back. Oh my god, that's the headline. Uh listen, it was. It was not directly caused by me, but it Yeah. Anyway, we hugged it out. I said, I'm so sorry. He's like, well, you didn't do it, you weren't responsible. He was so nice. I said, you know what the least I could do was let's do a proper picture without a security guard in the background about to tack you. So we took some really good pictures. Anyway, I got to see my old friend, not old, well, I mean he's older. I got to see William Shatner lunch with us. We had lunch with William Shatner, Me and Brian, Ruth and Tracy, Brian, Samandrain and Bill and that man. And again, if you have not heard that episode with William Shatner, we go, we go where no one has ever gone before. So he told me. And that is the infamous episode where I inform William Shatner that you should do an enema before anal sex. And he had never heard that women.
Speaker 2: Do that, so he appreciated the info.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really did. But that man has I thought I had a good memory. He's how old ninety two ninety threety three, I think, and one of the best memories, I mean, one of the most intelligent, witty, quick men I have ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: Human, handsome.
Speaker 1: I'm still handsome, so I said to him. So, if you haven't listened to that episode, mister William Shatner, you got to listen to it. It's amazing on misspelling podcasts. But I said to him, Oh my god, my friend. And he's like, how are you? As we go over and we hug and give him a kiss, and I'm like, oh, I missed you. Oh my god, I love you. And then I said I still owe you pickles and he said, yes, you do. You never sent me those pickles. So in the episode, I randomly because I was like, you know what, everyone has asked William Shatner everything in his career, so I kind of was like freestyling, freestyling podcast version. That's a new thing. And I was like, I'm gonna go rogue and whatever comes to mind in this moment with him, I'm just gonna ask. In the day before, I had just made homeweede pickles, like the DIY version, so and I'm obsessed with pickles. So, you know, we're in the middle of talking about his career and everything. I look at him and I say do you like pickles? And he goes, I do I love pickles? And then he goes, oh my god, that reminds me of a funny story that I don't think I've ever shared with anyone. And he talks about this whole pickle story of when he was eighteen and working as a counsel and this whole thing and pickle barrel, which he proceeds to tell Brian and ruth Anna Tracy. But yeah, so god, I got to get him those pickles. I got to make pickles and give it.
Speaker 2: To him, all right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of handsome men, Yes, let's talk about that bartender you met.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you guys in different cities. Apparently bartenders have a thing for me. So here I am again. If you remember an episode if you haven't listened to it, with my best friend Jess, we went to Kansas City for an immersive whole experience with our friend Darren Bausman, who does the creator Saw and Everything. And there was a bartender at the bar that we were like kind of flirting, and I was just it was kind of like made me feel good about myself that someone was like actually interested in me. And anyway, he ended up being twenty four years old, ended up telling us that didn't know who I was, but he was definitely flirting with me, and I was feeling all good until he told me his mom because is two years younger than me. I mean, he said it nicely, but when he found out who I was, he was like, oh, my mom knows who you are, she watched your show, and I was like, oh, and he is like all these siblings, how was your mom? And he's like, oh, what do you say, My mom's forty nine or something or forty eight. I'm like, how fuck my life? Anyway, So that was then listened to that episode. It's really great. But here I am again at the bar and we'd had a long day, so we were just sitting there and we had food and I randomly got spinach arta choke dip and slan because that's what everyone orders for dinner when in Huntsville, Bama's so random. Anyway, we have some drinks and this one is different than the last bartender. So this one is he has his hair and like a man bun, and he's kind of alternative and cool and like dark sense of humor. Totally my jam. But unlike the other one, who I felt like I was flirting with him and then he then it reciprocated, this one was like all him on me and he just kept like winking at me and like I'm like, okay, this guy, this guy's flirting with me. He's into me. So I say at this point it's Brian had gone to bed and it was Tracy brand'smander and Ruth Anne. I said, you, guys, I got to go to the bathroom. So I go to the bathroom and then I go outside. There's like a little area to go outside, go outside, and I'm literally about to FaceTime my kids to say good night. And asked me about to FaceTime my kids. I hear hi, and I'm like, okay. I turn around and he's come out and he's come outside and I'm sitting on the stoop there and he's like, oh, how are you? And he said, oh no, he said hi, and then he said I heard your famous, and I, being me in an adorable way, said ew, well, that's not the way to lead. And he was like, no, I don't know who you are, but I heard your famous. And I was like, I don't know whatever. I'm like, that's weird. So we end up talking very nice, cool guy. Really I liked him, and I was just like the way I liked the other bartender. I didn't feel it for this one.
Speaker 2: Well wait, but you're missing an important part.
Speaker 1: By the time he came out to tell me, I hear your famous and pick up on me, he had let down his hair. Now I raise boys who make choices, and they all have long hair. I love a good head of hair, like longish kind of hair is my thing, but I don't mean long like it was like long. We call him Fabio now minus the goose blood hitting him in the face on the roller coaster that I had to tell Tracy and ruth Ann and Brian about, and they didn't know that story. I'm like, you guys never heard that horrific story of Fabio on the roller coaster and the goose hit him in the face and died and there's blood everywhere. So they had this story. Ever, but I digress. So he had like shaken his locks out, and I'm sitting on the stoop and he's standing above me, and he must have thought like he would come out with this long hair and I'd be like ooh, and I was like ooo. But anyway, very good looking guy, though, very nice guy. Again, this one wasn't twenty four, but I was like, how old are you? And he's like twenty eight, and I'm like, gosh, I'm like these young ones like me for some reason. But you know what, And Brian pointed this out when I told him the story. This guy was really confident for a guy in his twenties, especially dealing with someone that he had just found out was like famous or something and an older woman like he. He goes right into uh, there's a famous arts and crafts fair here this weekend, and I said, oh, I heard about that, and he said, I'd like to take you tomorrow night. And he said, I'll buy you a ticket, I'll come pick you up. I have the day off. And I was like, okay, so very confident, like ballsy, like wow, good, you know what? Good for him? Of course, I was like, oh, well, you know, I don't know. We're working late. I don't want her his feelings, so I'm like, I don't know, we're working late. Was Henry working till? I said oh? And I can't lie? And I said, oh, the convention is at eight, and he goes, oh, that's perfect timing. I'll pick you up at nine. And I was like, you know what. I gave him my cell and I said text me. I said, brag. Got to tell you, I'm not sure these conventions are exhausting and I'm not sure what we're gonna do. But and he said, okay, okay, I'll hit you up tomorrow and I was like, oh, showing his age. Hit me up, Yeah, hit me up. Anyway, we go to bed and I did text my best friend Jess and I was like, so I got another bartender and she was like, oh my god, tell me everything. And I was like no, no, no, I'm like no, no, no, this one. But she even said, she goes, wait, I like this guy. She goes, first of all, I can't get past the fact that I invite you to an arts and crafts fair in Alabama. But I'll let that one go. She was like, that's really gutsy. I'm like, yeah, that's what Brian said. Anyway, So the next day back at the convention, I had told him it ends at eight, and I'm at my table and at tables and conventions, if you've ever met me some celebrities, it's fine, sit behind the table with all their pictures and you come to the table and they're nice and they interact and sign for you. Brian and I and I really eat the more. Like Brian and I like travel and do all this stuff together, even though I pretty much always knew it, Like Brian and I are the same human. And I'm proud to say that because I'm his TV wife and gosh, you know, one of the greatest loves of my life in whatever form that is. But I'm proud to say, like we are the same human. He's the male form, I'm the female form. Yep, Donn and David forever. It's real. But anyway, we both don't ever sit down the entire time. I'm talking like if it goes ten hours, like, we don't ever sit We stand and on our table and we go right up to our everyone in our lines, and we're just we are both huggers and we go write in, we introduce ourselves, ask their name, we hug them, we talk to them. At previous conventions, people have said, like, people are getting bummed because they're waiting in such long lines. You got to go quicker, and Brian and I are both like, you know what, No, this is like a moment for people, and we love people. We're going to give as much time as they need. And they want to tell us stories, we want to talk to them. It's only fair, so you know, and it's what we enjoy. So anyway, I'm in front of my table. I've just you know, signed something. I turned back around to OCD organize my pictures weird. And ruth Anne, who is sitting behind the table because she handles the money and everything, she says behind you now, she claims she said, because I I heard behind me, and I was like, oh my god. I panicked, and I was like, who, what's behind me? I have no idea. It reminds me of city slickers where like do you remember that where he says something and then he's like, he's right behind me, isn't he? Oh my god, Billy Crystal says something and he's right anyway.
Speaker 3: But I did say I said, bartender behind you. Maybe that wasn't descriptive enough. I was trying to be efficient.
Speaker 1: And why five kids. My hearing at this point is so not good and so all I heard is and I can't see barely anymore. I mean I can, but it's just like my eyes aren't as good as they used to. I used to be able to read lips like a mother. But but all I heard is behind you, and I'm like, huh, frozen. I like swirl around quickly, like what's happening? And yep, it's the bartender and he's there, hair down and he's got like very like cool kind of almost like seventies vibes, like hipster, I don't kind of festival hotel in his shirts and buttoned all the way to like down his chest. He's got some gold chains on. I did like his off white slides, the brand off white with socks. That's what everyone wears. You and Tracy kept obsessing and Brian about the slides with the socks. That is a fashion statement these days. I'm not defending him. And he's wearing something around his neck and he holds it up and he goes, I bought a day pass and I'm like, yay, and he is. He is holding a cocktail and Ruth Anne when you say, I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh, are you working tonight?
Speaker 3: And he says, no, I am drinking tonight and he holds up his cup and unfortunately for him, a couple of the staff members saw that and he was immediately shuffled off the convention.
Speaker 1: Floor because you can't drink there. Yes, so, but he didn't know. And then they said, is this man harassing you? I'm like, no, don't kick him out. I'm like, at my age, it's so flattering to anyone to be interested in me, I said, I said, it's a it's a boy and he's wait what was that line? Uh, this is just a girl asking a boy to love notting Hill anyway, Julia Roberts, Sorry, anyway, he did. I was like, don't, don't, don't make him leave. Like, I was like, I don't want to go out with this guy. But he asked me out. But it's so flattering that he's flirting with me and he's twenty eight and he's cute. Mine is long hair. Anyway, Yeah, he was amusing.
Speaker 2: I will give him.
Speaker 1: He did text me later and say you're still doing a right and I feel bad at ghosted him. I did I should text him.
Speaker 2: No, you really should not. You should lose the phone number and move on. That is what you should do. Leave it in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just don't want to feel bad about himself. There's no closure there for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Moving along, The convention was a success.
Speaker 2: You guys did a great panel.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the panel. For one second, I got to say, we went to Alabama not knowing what to expect, and Huntsville is beautiful. They have one they have the biggest, they have the space camp there. They have so many like it's so many professionals and doctors and some of the best like medical things like it's it's really and beautiful architecture, great food, and the kindest people. Oh my, And everyone kept saying, you got to find yourself is the Southern what is say, Southern charm, Southern hospitality? You got to find yourself a Southern man. And I was like, maybe, but oh my god, the fried creen tomatoes were so good there. Oh the hush puppies, Oh god, it was insane. Anyway, the panel, we do panels all the time, and it was me and Brian and usually the panels are very light and like, what are your favorite memories, what's your favorite show? Your character? Uh, this is the first time during a panel that people could in the audience have a mic and ask questions. And this is the first time that And this had happened to me all day while I was there. Someone said, Tori, I know you've personally gone through a lot and just want to say we're proud of you. And I had gotten that from women all day long, and it meant a lot, because I guess, I guess at times, I doubt myself at times and sometimes I'll be like, you know, the press has such a way of turning everything into like, you know, life fallowed apart, like broke home, like they've been such horrible things because a nice story doesn't sell, you know. And I sometimes read the press and it's like, God, do people just perceive me as a hot mess, Like I'm a single mom going through it. Stuff has happened, but I'm a fighter like I and people are like, get a job, people say, I'm like, I have fifty try. I'm scrambling to provide for my family as a single mom. I don't have help. I don't have like I am. I'm working through stuff, and I'm working through it a lot of the emotional stuff and things that have happened through you know, trauma and stuff personally and emotionally, like I'm working through it as I go, you know, and and not not missing a beat because it's fight or flight. But my kids are my everything, and I keep going. But that's who I am, and no matter if my life fell apart or didn't fall apart, I'm always going to keep going. And it was a nice reminder that there are people humans. It's not just this stuff we read online that people can hide behind. And it was nice to be reminded the humans and men even said it, and especially women and moms, and they're just like this woman, this woman had three kids and she was there and she said, I know what you've been through. I read it and she said, I'm proud of you. And she's like, you just keep going. She's like, you got this, and she hugged me and she prayed for me while she hugged me and said this beautiful prayer and I said thank you. And she's like, I'm going to put you at the top of my prayer list every night. I said, oh my god, no, I'm not worthy. Just put me like number five or something whatever. No. I was like, no, oh my gosh, and she said, no, you're on it. She's like, because I believe in you, and it's going to be okay. You're going to get through everything and elevate and be even better. And anyway, in this panel, people start saying that and they said, we've been through a lot and you're a warrior. You know you keep going. And I just I had a moment, you know me, I don't crack easy where I spoke to my truth and I acknowledge that Brian, since he was right next to me. He's been so instrumental in being that person to lean on in my rock through a lot of stuff and believing in me when I didn't think I could believe in myself. And I realize that I don't have a big I have a big outer circle. I don't have a big. Small circle is my inner circle. It's very small. But everyone that's in that believes in me and has been there for me. And it makes you realize in life, who's there for you for the right reason, who's not? And those are the people that really kind of were there for you. I mean, you gotta no one can save you. You know you got to. You gotta step up and do it for yourself. But I did. I started crying at the panel, and I spoke my truth of my why, and I acknowledged in my tory way that everyone goes through stuff and people's lives fall apart, and what you know is what's happened to me is very might look very different than what's happened to someone else. I might be an LA girl and going through stuff and publicly and I'm an actress and a podcaster, but that doesn't minimize what the person here all the way here across the country, and Alabama is going through and we're connecting. I'm connecting with women daily on struggles and things and trauma and getting past that and the effect it has on you, and and you realize how none of them like, we're all just humans. We're all just human on a human level. And we might be in different places going through different things, and we might be doing it on different levels, in different places of life or professions, but at the heart of it, we are all human beings. And it was so nice to connect with people and know that. And I don't know. I just turned to Brian and I said I love you, and he said I love you too. And he's been a really great friend. I'm very grateful for him. So there was a reason Donna and David forever. Literally he stuck with me in this lifetime. Poor guy. Anyway, Okay, we saw a lot of great people, met a lot of great people. But then I was like, oh my gosh, we're dan. The convention's ending, and I liam really wanted to picture with weird al and I'm terrified. I'm scared to say anything, and so all ruth Anne went and asked, and he was so nice.
Speaker 2: He couldn't have been nicer.
Speaker 1: He got up from his table, came behind the curtains because there's a green room kind of backstage, and came over and took a picture and I said, thank you so much. My son eighteen, huge fan, so your a legend and took a picture and I was like, wow, that is full circle. Until we were flying home to connecting flights through Dallas again delayed another four hours. Oh yeah, delayed another four hours. We get on our final leg, our final connection back to LA and guess who's on it? Weird al Now that's full circle.
Speaker 2: Wait, but back to the lounge.
Speaker 1: Yes, we went back to the lounge and a very nice man next to her said, you remind me of my mother. Third times the term there's comedy in three's. I forgot about that. Yep, it happened. Oh so you're good. From now on, you might just get referred to as my grandmother.