Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shots straining live on Dallascowboys dot Com and.
Speaker 3: The official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Nicky Spagnola and welcome to the greatest reality TV show ever the National Football League. This is mix Shots inside the SWBC podcast studio and if you watch Monday Night Football, it was all there. The story of the off season. Aaron Rodgers finally landing with the New York Jets, and four plays into his Jets career, Aaron Rodgers goes down. They're facing the guy that I to win the MVP Award, Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills. Josh Allen throws three interceptions, three of them by Jordan Whitehead, Who's had no more than two in a season in his career, and the game goes all the way to overtime, and as Mickey would say, some guy named Xavier Gibson returns a punt for a touchdown. I get a text message from my daughter immediately saying, OMG, oh my god, Gibson. I loved him. On Hard knocks and turns out. Xavier Gibson out of Stephen F. Austin, went to Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas that produced two Heisman Trophy winners, Tim Brown and Davy O'Brien. And there you have it. The greatest reality TV show ever the National Football League.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely amazing, not only the way the game ended in overtime, but have a kid from down the street and by.
Speaker 3: The way, is coming to Dallas, his hometown right Arlington at and T Stadium to play his hometown favorite team, the Cowboys on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Woodrow Wilson High School, an undrafted free agent and by the way, there ever.
Speaker 4: Since you guys, you all know, one of these days everything is bizarre world.
Speaker 5: We should be.
Speaker 4: The top guys and then the first round draft pick should be the.
Speaker 3: You find them everywhere.
Speaker 1: And he made the team because of his ability to return kicks and he did it at Steven F.
Speaker 5: Austin and he had three in college, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Touchdowns and you know they bring them on and it was another Cavante Turpin's story basically, and.
Speaker 3: People wonder, okay, how come the cow right in their backyard? He is probably here at Dallas Day. I don't know how come the Cowboys didn't have this Xavier Gibson on their roster because they already have them on their right.
Speaker 1: Only so many little flast guys you can have, right, unbelievable, unbelievable story. When when he broke to the outside, I was looking at I'm going, oh my goodness, he's going to go all the way and sure enough, boy.
Speaker 5: And it was almost, well not almost, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't think the referees had it in them to drop a flag for Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was such a dramatic evening reality that would spoil the reality TV TV show The Flag. Yeah. So, and you talked about Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: I mean we've talked about this in previous weeks last year, about his turnover compensities such as you know Dak was having last year, but no one spoke about it, and no one went over the entire off season about how Josh Allen is almost as bad as that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he had fourteen interceptions himself last year. Now, Dak played fewer games, but I mean he is a guy that will take chances.
Speaker 1: And he had some deadhead throws. I was like, who, what are you doing, or how about how about when you when you get a bad snap and you try to pick it up and run, just go down.
Speaker 5: That is a double dutch.
Speaker 1: Right, unbelievable. And then on top of all that, how many plays four plays? Three that counted? Aaron Rodgers probably done for the season.
Speaker 5: Who knows, could.
Speaker 1: Be his career With the early reports when when they say we're worried about his achilles.
Speaker 3: That means they already know.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the video of it?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I saw it when I saw it, and they kept saying ankle for someone that tore his achilles, ID I know what.
Speaker 4: He just They said that the calf muscle reacts a cudden way.
Speaker 1: It it looked like it like it vibrated.
Speaker 4: Yes, you could, you could see. I don't know, maybe I was just trying to see it. Yeah, seemed like his caf muscles seemed to I don't know, like it.
Speaker 3: Yes, when the doctor David Chows of the social media world, they they see one piece of footage of video of the injury and they immediately say that's a ruptured achilles. It usually is a ruptured achilles.
Speaker 1: And and by the way, from experience, doctors know when you tore your achilles.
Speaker 5: They don't need exact the m RI.
Speaker 1: The m RI I knows, right, And and they said they got to take an m RI. I. And when I tore mine, I asked the doctor do we do an m RI? And he goes, we could, but we're wasting time and money. He goes, you tore your achilles and.
Speaker 5: As as tight as your muscles were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: That was a big class right right. I know you heard it.
Speaker 1: So that kind of changes things for Sunday at at and T Stadium at three twenty five. And I was thinking, as poorly as the Jets had been playing, and then to come back and win like that, I don't think that's good news for the calviny.
Speaker 5: I don't think it is either.
Speaker 4: I think the best news is they may have spent so much energy, you know, into this shot.
Speaker 5: That's the way I look at it. The way I look at it.
Speaker 3: I think them coming back to win the game is good for the calendary. Well, it takes a lot out of it, and it's also okay yeah, and they take a sigh of relief and then reality hits that, Okay, now we don't have Aaron Rodgers. They didn't have time to digest it at the time. They were playing a game, you know, and they all have pride, they know that they prepared for this moment. But having said that, I mean, Zach Willison, Wilson was at number picking the draft coming out and so but there's somebody who thinks he's got potential and he's learned a lot, probably in the last six months being alongside Aaron Rodgers, and you talk about taking care of the football and that's what you got to do. Josh Allen proved proved that last night, and so yeah, it it changes the storyline before the game, but it's it's still a very talented Jets team that is coming in here. They built that team to contend this year.
Speaker 1: Well, they have an awfully good defense. So I'm putting the Cowboys offensive line on notice. That could be the difference here.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that the game itself put them on the way and you could see how well that defensive line.
Speaker 1: And I think the Cowboys with their defensive front going to give the Jets problems. They were having problems protecting up front. But then again, when you have a guy like Garrett Wilson that can catch a batted ball falling down backward.
Speaker 5: The second best touchdown right.
Speaker 1: That ball was broken up portrait Davis White, right, second first.
Speaker 3: Okay, same stadium, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Different end of it, will right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's the first thing I thought of. It is okay O b J.
Speaker 5: Step aside, Yeah, not step aside.
Speaker 4: Now, it's just a little bit less room back there behind it, that's all. Yeah, because that was close to being the best catch I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: So we were gonna go over close to saying something, what's that. This is a man who has seen catches before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, his own.
Speaker 5: Shop this morning.
Speaker 3: This early wiz goes from a man who has seen a catch too.
Speaker 4: But those were freaking amazing, was amazing, but those were physically amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna make sure that one goes down.
Speaker 4: Besides, I could pick some CD LAMB catches his, but not is important.
Speaker 3: And Garrett Wilson, by the way, a Texan Lake Travis High School, did not know and one of those Ohio State guys, they've got a whole bunch of them coming out. Uh Mickey circling things on his statuet.
Speaker 1: Well, how many times do we see an NFL game where one quarterback finishes with a sixty two point seven quarterback rating and the other guy finishes with an eighty one point four quarterback rating and he won the game. So, Zach Wilson, you know, he's in a situation hour. This is your life, right, you got a shot now to prove that you were that pick in the first round or forever hold your piece.
Speaker 4: I think with him, it wasn't just about his failure as a player.
Speaker 5: It was his failure as a leader.
Speaker 4: No one on the team liked him, no one on the offense thought he was going to be a good quarterback at all for this.
Speaker 5: Team right as far as leadership.
Speaker 1: But they like him today.
Speaker 3: And the stories that came out of there were he needed to slice a humble pie. And so he's had that now. And I mean, how many how many stories are there out there of the guys who were humbled and they come back and make something. You don't get drafted. You don't get drafted. You get to slice of humble pie, don't you.
Speaker 4: He ended up, He ended up letting us know just how good their receivers are. They have some good receivers on the team, And there were a couple of times on those deep en routes where he put it on the money and those guys were bringing it down.
Speaker 5: Was the rookie from last year he was doing well. I guess it was who we were talking about, Garrett Wilson. Well yeah, well yeah, yeah, he's he just he came out.
Speaker 4: He's ready, guys ready. And he's not the only one on that.
Speaker 1: Is where did where did Wilson go to college?
Speaker 3: And the thing with him, you know, in the COVID year with Zach Wilson in the COVID year, of course b YU being an independent at the time. They now they're in the Big twelve Conference, but they had to piece together a schedule again and they and so the schedule that he played wasn't necessarily a major conference schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had the Trey Lance college career right right, and so there's a lot of similarities there.
Speaker 3: Trey Lance was, you know, an FCS school that was very successful, but and it also is an offense that ran the ball a lot, and so yeah, Zach Wilson had all of those you know, pro day you know, he had the look of an NFL quarterback, but he didn't have the experience and against a high quality competition even the competition that BYU would normally face if in a non COVID year. So yeah, now this is his second chance now, and we'll see. He was able to lead his team to a victory yesterday and so now we'll see what he does in round two on Sunday against the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And let's be real now, I mean, as drama goes, this is very dramatic game. But you know, Josh Allen and the Bills, they really contributed a lot to this brand for the Jets, and so if you give them that opportunity, yeah, they should come back and win.
Speaker 1: I thought the one troubling thing I saw that the Jets could bring is they ran the ball awfully well. They finished with twenty eight carries for one hundred and seventy two yards average six carry. Now a lot of that had to.
Speaker 5: Do with an eighty eight yard run.
Speaker 1: By brist Hall, But how about him coming back from his torn achilles, I mean, and first game back and playing like that, And.
Speaker 3: Of course they ended a Dalvin Cook. They won the Dalvin Cook sweepstakes in the preseason, and brees Hall was on the field for seventeen plays and had one hundred and twenty seven yards rushing in a twenty yard catch too, so accounted for one hundred and forty seven yards on seventeen snaps.
Speaker 4: Extremely surprised if they don't come out with run first attitude.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's just what the Giants should have done. And they came out with the Giants that did the first drive of the game, and then they abandoned it after that.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, And they abandoned it because on third and two at the eight, it looked like they were going to throw the ball and you just ran the ball all the way down the field. What are you doing? And at that point in the game, you could have ran it twice? Right, go for it on fourth down. Don't kick a field goal even if you come up short.
Speaker 3: And I was telling people before the Cowboys played the Giants, the thing about the Giants going back, you go back to their Super Bowl years. We always harken back to two thousand and seven, and they just stayed in the game against the Cowboys in the playoffs, and they were so they were in position to win the game in the fourth quarter. And that's sort of been over the course when they've had successful teams, that's the way they've done and it. A lot of it is relying on the run. Shortened the game, and so going into this game, I thought Brian Dabele would have that same attitude against this Cowboys team.
Speaker 5: You got running, and you got the running back.
Speaker 3: In Barkley, and you just you just shorten the game. You run the football, and yeah, even if adversity hits you early in the game, you stick to that game plan. And then you're within striking distance in the second half and they let the ball, They let the game get away from them because of their propensity to try to throw it all the time.
Speaker 1: They ran the ball right down the Cowboys throat. Now a lot of it was Daniel Jones scrambling and that first series. So they're only down, they're only down six, and they come back again with the ball after the missed extra point incomplete incomplete by the way, jan Ye Thomas breaks up the pass. They bring in this first kid playing his first NFL game, and it's like, oh, you go cover Darren Waller, Okay, Eddie breaks up the pass and they're gonna Obviously it's third and ten. They're throwing again and Michaeh Parsons sacks sacks Daniel Jones, they go three and out and it's like, then the Cowboys come and drive right down the field and kick a field goal.
Speaker 3: The contrary, I said, to their first drive. And yeah, Daniel Jones did carry the ball quite a bit on that drive. But they started Barkley plus five Daniel Jones plus eight a completion, and then Barkley plus nine, Barkley plus five, and of course in on the course of that they had the penalty against Curse for the late hit. They got them down into Cowboys into the field and so there and they're still just running the ball down.
Speaker 1: Brita for six, Joanes scrambles for eleven, and then Jones runs for eight and that got him down to the.
Speaker 3: Third and two at the eight yard line. And who was lined up over Thomas their Pro.
Speaker 1: Bowl tackle, Micah Parsons false start and.
Speaker 3: He and seven twitched. Next play the dribbled snap, loss of fourteen. Next play, field goal blocked.
Speaker 4: And see that stuff you do away from home, Yeah, when you're on the road, that's the kind of stuff you do. You make the mistakes down in critical moments, right, But that was it was there for them, you know, for the taking. They just couldn't and that that was it. It's snowballed. It was like, you know, an avalanche.
Speaker 1: And if anything else we learned at the end of that series is igbinogheny.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He can run and we can.
Speaker 5: Practicing as well. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like we were in the press box and we go, oh no, the guy's got to say his name down.
Speaker 4: They kept like we were doing last week. They kept like, okay, you got it. Yeah, yeah, okay, that sounds.
Speaker 1: Right because the guys. The guys come to the pr department, you know early, you know, hour or so before the game, and they go over the pronunciations. And I remember when that one came up and I heard the guy kind of struggling at it, and you're thinking, all right, he's just gonna be special teams.
Speaker 5: You're not going to do any of that game.
Speaker 1: Oh my, all right.
Speaker 3: We're just getting started on this edition of mix Shah early. So much more to get to and we'll be back in just a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left. He'll look for a first.
Speaker 6: Style, just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy selling tray crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Rushcot's gonna run this in show, run it up the middle any stores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: You know that sound anywhere?
Speaker 7: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 8: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 7: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 3: Of cool pepsi.
Speaker 7: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: To Mixed Shots. Kate Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we are back on Mixed Shots. It is an early edition of Mixed Shots, as Talking Cowboys will be at noon today our normal time, and Mickey has to tie on as well. The reason we're going early Gilbrand's memorial services this afternoon.
Speaker 1: At one o'clock afternoon, and I've got a couple TV things to do immediately after we finish here, so I figured I'd better come dressed for success or good or dress for preparation.
Speaker 3: I look good, he's prepared for sus that's right, that's right. That's the first step towards success. And you were at a successful read there, so I think it's going to be a successful day. Let's go for you today, Mickey.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones was already on the radio this morning, right, and gave a little injury update on Tyler Smith as well as Donovan Wilson and Lewis and Jordan Lewis and they there's a chance.
Speaker 1: There's a chance.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: I think maybe, I don't think. Donovan Wilson and I saw this. It was mentioned somebody said, well, the Cowboys are going to be without you know, so and so starters, and they included Wilson, and I said, have you have you watched practice? Have you have you seen training camp? He hasn't practiced since the first day in Pats, So yeah, he's a starter, but he's not a starter. You know. They had to do without him and I regardless if he practiced this week or not, he's not going to play in the game. You're not going to send him out there for one padded practice after one padded practice, you know, a month or so ago, and so okay, go right, got to ramp up, right, And that's what Jordan Lewis is doing right now. He's had a full week and a half of ramp up, but one padded practice. Now we'll see if after this week is he is he ready to go? But if he's ready to go, somebody's going to be inactive if they keep him active, right, And I was just looking at the snap counts, So on defense, Janie Thomas played forty one snaps fifty nine percent of the snaps and Marquise Bell thirty one snaps forty four percent, and his production per snap was pretty high, right, He had eight tackles in the game.
Speaker 4: When I came home, my son asked me, he said, who's number fourteen?
Speaker 10: That's my dude, that's Cox, right, yeah, and he you know, and when they the way they played their defense, those guys are gonna play.
Speaker 1: So does Lewis. If he comes back, he's your slot guy. But the reason they brought in Iginogny was to be an outside corner, and so somebody's got to sit if Lewis is active, and.
Speaker 4: It's someone who had a very productive exactly yeah on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So maybe you slow play it and say, okay, give him another week, just make sure he's definitely ready to go. And and you know, sort of as we were talking about yesterday with Nate, the same thing with a doga. You know, I mean, he wasn't a liability. So maybe you tell Tyler Smith, Okay, let's really make sure about this.
Speaker 3: It's a long season, right.
Speaker 1: And so so I think that you know, they may you know, treat this thing very conservatively.
Speaker 5: Not when a guy's ready to go, you go, there's none of this.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't need them. You need everybody in every game, but you know, you got to be smart about it.
Speaker 3: We'll look at it this way. Now, first quarter of the season, first four games of the season. Okay, you got one win under your belt. Now you're facing the Jets and Zack Wilson's at quarterback. Then you got Arizona. Who's that quarterback Josh Dobbs. Okay, who's that quarterback in Arizona? Then after that you got New England Mac Jones. Then after that games five and six, you got San Francisco and the Chargers. Right the I mean, on paper, these schedule strengthens in October.
Speaker 1: Right with those two games, So you've got to kind of build towards it and make sure.
Speaker 5: You got to take care of business. You got to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't assume anything right exactly, but this is where you can make Hey here in the first month of the season.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: And here's what I liked about. And I got this question a lot yesterday. It's like, boy, that plane ride back must have been great, and I'm going, what do you mean he goes well after a win like that, I said, those guys sleep, there's no big party going on back and they treated it like we were supposed to go there and win this game, right, And then when you know you're gonna win, like start of the fourth quarter, you're already over it, right, You're probably onto the Jets at that point in your mind. Right, So, yeah, there was no big celebration, and I was working, and so they were probably where most of the players are other than the guys that get to sit in first class. Another, well, there's probably like eight first class seats available ten and something like that.
Speaker 4: You have the veterans, the veteran guys, they sit in first class versus coach. Yeah, you have you have players sitting in first class and some players sitting in coach.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, yeah man, come Tyron Smith, Dak Prescott. Those guys they get to sit in the first class.
Speaker 5: Okay, so who's on the who's on the fringe?
Speaker 10: Give me somebody who's sitting in?
Speaker 5: I didn't I.
Speaker 1: Didn't see, you know, I know, I don't have the scene.
Speaker 3: So did get to sit up?
Speaker 5: And a touchdown?
Speaker 1: That's already they have.
Speaker 4: They have a designated seat for like player of the game.
Speaker 1: There's no, there's no no. It's not like the sideline in college, right where you have king of the play or whatever gets to sit on the y. Anyway, they were probably and there's a divider there, but they were at least.
Speaker 4: When they take oh no.
Speaker 5: B versus first.
Speaker 1: Called flight attendant station guys, Oh wow.
Speaker 5: Silly, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: They're only like, why we can't wear because they're not altogether right. There's sixteen seeds, sixteen seats thinxteen seeds, and it's by year of experience.
Speaker 6: So you just go on the.
Speaker 1: List and see who the sixteen guys.
Speaker 3: Are and that's who sits there. So then so the punter gets successful, says.
Speaker 1: Correct, and then the long snapper, Yeah, I don't think he's I don't think he's top. He's only like like four or five seasons.
Speaker 5: But before the four or five seasons, you had the.
Speaker 3: Up there.
Speaker 5: Yeahs up there, right. The veteran from that from four or five years ago before was here. He got to sit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did, like twelve years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he've been around long enough. He got sitting in the cockpit.
Speaker 1: Important put We put the cockpit just in case we need him.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I got it. That's better.
Speaker 1: They're not that far behind me. And I was saying I was working and I didn't have to put my ear pods in. There was no noise whatsoever. They're sleeping, you know. Somebody they asked Jerry on his radio show this morning a while after the game to go out in New York and party. It's like, well, no, I got my plane and flew home.
Speaker 5: So whether you use the restroom from.
Speaker 1: The back, whichever one's empty, okay, you can go wherever you want.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't go past you.
Speaker 3: I don' don't go past that divider.
Speaker 1: I don't go past close the front divider.
Speaker 5: The coaching.
Speaker 1: There's two divisions of first class. Yes, there's where the coaches set, and I guess that light business there's.
Speaker 5: In the middle of the plane.
Speaker 3: There's one of the very back.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's a bath like normal American you guys.
Speaker 3: Never before plane.
Speaker 5: This is the highwarky said.
Speaker 3: The plane I was on in the preseason, there was one, and there's a bathroom in the front.
Speaker 1: Was there was?
Speaker 3: And then there was one in the very back.
Speaker 4: I was All I wanted to know was whose first class and whose coach?
Speaker 5: That's all I want.
Speaker 3: I want to know. Now goes to the bathroom on the on the flight? Does he go all the way? Does he want to do all those plays back there?
Speaker 1: No, there's a bathroom before you get to the business class.
Speaker 5: It's like business classes.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the the middle of the ave never been on a big plane.
Speaker 5: I didn't know there was a hierarchy. So what have you really got to go?
Speaker 3: Where did you sit in the back so you would you would not walk?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 5: I think that was it was alphabetical, So I.
Speaker 3: You learn your lesson, probably like I did back in the nineties when Nate Newton. If you if Kevin Gogan and Nate Newton, if you tried to go all the way to the back of the plane and use it, here's no way you would get.
Speaker 1: Now there's a bathroom before you get to their section.
Speaker 5: It was always a card game in the back. That's what we would.
Speaker 1: Well when it's what by time we took off, it was twelve thirty one o'clock. Yeah, there are many card games going on. There's some sleeping going.
Speaker 3: So who are the Nate Newton's and Kevin Gogan's on this team? Wise crackers there on the guys. The media is not around the player. The media is not around the players enough these days to establish those relationships right where they give you a hard time.
Speaker 5: I'm trying. It has to be. It has to be possible.
Speaker 1: No, Michael sleeps, he puts his hoodie on and goes to sleep. Yeah, he doesn't give his own.
Speaker 3: No one gives make you a hard time anymore like the good old days.
Speaker 5: No, there's some respect in this life, all right.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 3: It was behind the scenes on the Cowboys charter the stuff you don't get just anywhere.
Speaker 5: And stuff that people really probably didn't want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting, But all right, we'll find something else off Mickey's legal pad when we come back here.
Speaker 5: In a moment, I forgot what we were talking about. Actually.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Teak, America's team playing.
Speaker 3: America's greatest sport.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time celebrate responsibly twenty twenty three, miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 1: The threshout who looks white.
Speaker 3: It's not there.
Speaker 1: He escape left. He'll look for a punchtown.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 7: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of school pepsy finish.
Speaker 3: Nachos better with PEPSI that's what I like.
Speaker 1: To mixed shots. Now, I want you guys to pay attention to this because check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at at and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco, Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience, get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience in partnership with a T and T, this interactive technology gives tour goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions, for more information and to book your tour visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours. All right, nice, So it's one of those uh is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: It's amazing how they do qualify it as an AII experience.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of what that is.
Speaker 1: Where he answers a whole bunch of questions and you're able to ask him and you know, widers.
Speaker 3: Out what you just asked, you know, on down the road here. Maybe for next season, maybe there could be one of those for mix shots mix shots, so you can actually you can you can be like in that seat right over there. You could ask Mickey questions like on mix shots and brought to you by a Miller Lite.
Speaker 1: Or if you want, you can do that.
Speaker 3: That's right, You've got you got to ask for phone calls, Well we could if you want eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven, and the text line is eight one seven two nine oh three two nine eight.
Speaker 1: Do we have anybody following the text line?
Speaker 3: Well, it's great that you bring that up, because the next show is Nick Eatman and storyline. Right, That's what that show is all about, the opportunity to ask questions of Nick Eatman, what's going on with this Cowboys team?
Speaker 1: Well, very soon, if it works out, we may just have somebody to monitor our text line for us.
Speaker 3: All right, I look forward to that, all right, all right? Uh, the coordinators talked yesterday, yes and any any day after Tidbits Nuggets.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think I heard most of John Fossil. We were taping a show kind of when that started, you know what, he he ended up turning a kind of a down downer into a good thing that Brandon Aubrey. After he missed the first extra point, he said, at least he had the poise to come back and hit four or four extra points. After that, both field goals and all eight kickoffs were touchbacks, and so he felt like it was a good teaching lesson on how just because something goes wrong, it doesn't mean it's got a snowball. You got to re establish yourself. And he felt like.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 1: He said it was a weird setup because normally for the extra point after a touchdown like that, you go out there, you line up and kick it. He said, well, he had to stand there for twelve seconds before they spot at the mall, and I think, I don't know. It was a sudden change right after it was sudden change for the officials too, by the way, And so he was ready to go kick the Yes, he was ready. It was he was too ready, because you know what he learned that he'd learned that in training camp when they were doing kicks like one after another after another, and.
Speaker 3: There's a rhythm.
Speaker 1: He felt like you after he would kick one, then while they were getting the ball back and getting everybody lined up, he would go back about ten fifteen yards and kind of get to himself and wait and then when they got lined up, he would walk in, get.
Speaker 5: His steps in routine.
Speaker 1: That was his routine. Right. Well, here he was ready to go and he had to stand there and he should have done what he did in practice, like okay, let me go walk off to the side, and then when they get set come back in because I'm going to have however many seconds when they spot the.
Speaker 3: Ball and it was the first attempted point after or field goal of his NFL career, had twelve seconds to sit there and think about.
Speaker 5: That, this is the first one.
Speaker 4: Be out here all you want in training camp, nothing really prepares you.
Speaker 5: I don't care what you say.
Speaker 4: Nothing prepares you for the actual game right itself. It's just like as Chris called him, Lve, I guess that you gotta lay a good friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Lve was talking about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, as much as you can go out there and knock the hell out of people, you when it comes to game time, it's just a totally different and.
Speaker 1: You got to control your adrenaline. Right That was that. That probably was his worst kick since the first week of training camp because when he would miss it, would just sort of miss or the wind would blow it. Now that first week when they were having trouble with that wind, boy he shank one to the left. It would have hit Dave Campbell in the head like that poor guy Jacksonville. That got cut the next day. But after that his misses weren't you know, just like, oh god, what was that? Sort of like the was named bass the kicker for Buffalo, the fifty yard er to tie it. I mean he hit that ball good hard. It was good from sixty right, but it went straight right at the upright and then it bounced in lucky guy.
Speaker 5: All right, you asked for it. What you've got it?
Speaker 3: A phone call Nick from Austin, the first phone caller of the season. Here on Mick Shaan.
Speaker 11: Hello Nick here, how's it going, guys?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 11: I love the show, been watching it started, make your awesome Bill say with you and everything. You're the man.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, and thanks for the call.
Speaker 5: Wh're not used to this.
Speaker 3: Next thing, Nick Spagnola in Austin, appreciate it.
Speaker 11: I got a couple of days number one with these, uh Everson appreciate this took them back to about man. They they're really on it. They're going to be really and I'm gonna deal with this season, I believe in. Uh. One thing I want to Yell's opinion on is is playing boy that that guy has impressive He can.
Speaker 2: Always be there.
Speaker 11: He's a guy that really hint. It looks like Jins is taking a step up on tackling, which is really making me happy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: The second thing is is that I don't know how y'all thought about it, but I feel like the game was really out of hand by around the end of the third quarter. I found like in the fourth quarter they should have you know, sat some more people earlier and gave Duke a better chance to actually do something. I felt like he didn't really have much of a chance behind the line that he had because I felt like he was still going up against the line of the Giant carters and they had kind of a back up Lind. I mean, Martin was already out of there and everything. So I want to see what about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Hey, thanks for listening and calling in. By the way, Deran Bland ended up playing more snaps than anybody else did on defense.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: He ended up playing fifty five snaps, one more than Gilmore and digs two more than Curse seventy nine percent of the snaps. And the only reason it was seventy nine percent is he probably came out towards the end of the game when they start putting the JV in there. That might be cruel JV. The majority of the backups got in there for maybe the last two Yeah, ok, yeah, and that was fine, and they gave guys some snaps. Now, you can't sit everybody on the offensive line because you I think you only had nine guys active after they called up brock Hoffman.
Speaker 3: By the way, Dern Bland he started eight games last year after Jordan Lewis went down. This was his ninth start of his NFL career. He's got six interceptions in his first nine starts in the NFL. That's almost an Everson walls pace, not till you start a career, and you're right, Everson, that is not quite because you know how many Everson had in his first ten games, how many ten ten picks his first ten games of his career?
Speaker 1: Well, what the hell happened?
Speaker 5: After that? They finally stayed there?
Speaker 4: Throw it out, dude, I'm trying to show you I can play here.
Speaker 5: And they're like, okay, now we see it.
Speaker 1: All right, we got another phone call, that's right, and one more on Bland. He is tied for the league lead in interceptions over these last two seasons with his nice okay, go.
Speaker 3: All right, I believe it's Fernando. Is that right? Yes, yes, Fernando.
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Miami?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Miami?
Speaker 1: All right, Well what do you got for us?
Speaker 2: With you? Guys?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Like cowboy gold here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're old gold, old Gold. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have two questions And for Everson Everson, do you remember your rookie year when you were playing the Dolphin? I think you were covering Jerial Harris and David Woodley was the quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Dolphin.
Speaker 2: Remember that game?
Speaker 3: He had two interceptions that game?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: He had two interceptions that game?
Speaker 5: Asn't.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, Jeriel Harris was giving it to him. At the end of the game. Everson picked it off in the end zone. I remember that obviously, right. No, that was awesome.
Speaker 4: No, no, it was It was not just It was not just Jillie O Harris. Uh, it was the Italian I can't remember his name.
Speaker 5: The little kid. Uh God, I want to say Jimmy got me, he and he got.
Speaker 4: Me and Charlie Water split us down the midd he scored touch eighty yorder. I think that was like to begin the third quarter, and that's what we were like Machley.
Speaker 3: It was a sixty nine yard six David Woodley to Jimmy Soffalo that pulled the Dolphins within one at fourteen to thirteen.
Speaker 5: That's what we knew we had we had work to do.
Speaker 1: And by the way he was, he had been doing. I don't know if he still is radio for the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: I saw him later on down the line. I think it was about ten years later, and we.
Speaker 5: Talked about that game. Boy, we we had a good laugh about it. He was okay.
Speaker 2: And another quick question in the forty nine Ers championship game, when the forty nine Ers were driving down at the end, you know when Dwight Clark caught that touchdown, I was.
Speaker 5: We don't remember that one online?
Speaker 2: Was that against panic sit in? Were you guys starting to panic on defense?
Speaker 4: It's no doubt about it. The panic came from the fact. It wasn't that necessarily Joe that had his panic. There was the fact that they started running the ball on our man to man defense. That was a brilliant move by Bill Walsh. And that's when they kind of out coaches at that point because the drive didn't just consist of Joe versus to the wide receivers. It was also uh Linville, Elliott and Roger Craig going around the outside and getting those key third downs.
Speaker 3: All right, Fernando, we appreciate it, right, two good calls. That we might have to do that more often. I think we will do it more often, all right, that.
Speaker 4: We got we gotta start, you know, vetting the questions better. Chris, ask him what he wants to ask me first before.
Speaker 1: You He didn't put him on a time on.
Speaker 5: Key's got TV to do.
Speaker 3: And we will be back at our regular time at noon tomorrow on Cowboys Wednesday here at the Star in Frisco Go.
Speaker 5: Cowboys has been
Speaker 1: A production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.